Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I didn't think there was anything wrong with what Vicki said regarding Hailey. She was an entitled teenager with no direction, didn't go to school regularly, didn't work, was disrespectful and lazy but was rewarded with money, cars, & other perks. Even Meghan who was claiming "outrage" at Vicki said in a TH that she couldn't correct 17 years of parenting "mistakes" that were made. You can look at Lynne Curtain's daughters as an example of permissive parenting. Kids need rules.

That being said, I did feel for Hailey being preserved on tv forever as a bratty teen being an ass to her dying Mom. I was happy to hear that Meghan's advice to Hailey was it's not too late to apologize to her Mom. I'm happy she did.

• Love 18

I didn't appreciate the way Andy--and by extension, some of the other wives--muddled stepchildren with adopted children. We see a package where the entire issue is whether Meghan is overstepping her bounds as a stepmom. Then Andy immediately asked Vicki something about whether he thinks her mom had the same love for Vicki as she did for her adopted children. Vicki was too slow on the uptake and mumbled some lame answer to the question when she immediately should have corrected Andy:

Adoption is not 'step.' They are apples and oranges. When someone adopts a child, she becomes that person's real child. There is no issue of overstepping, because she's your kid. With step-children, there may be a natural parent about whom you need to be worried about regarding boundaries. That was apparently what Meghan's issue was about, and that should have been the scope of the discussion. Even in the most open and harmonious of adoptions, there is no issue as to who is the authority figure in the child's life. The adoptive parents have all of the rights, privileges, and responsibilities. Therefore, there was no reason, IMO, for Andy to raise the topic of adoption, which had nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

I'm not adopted, and I don't have any particular sensitivity to the issue, but it bothers when people interchange these two very different terms. And I'm not even going to get started on people labeling half-siblings as step-siblings. I think I've been watching too much Sister Wives.

Actually, Vicki muddled the issue. For the most part the other wives agreed that it is sometimes different with step-parents and stepchildren. Vicki volunteered that her sisters were adopted and her mother loved them all the same, but maybe loved some of her kids differently. The problem is Vicki is such a needy narcissistic monster that she can't understand how someone could love a child that is not genetically theirs in the same way as genetic offspring. Do I believe that Meghan loves Hayley? I believes that she cares for her, but Meghan's overriding self interest in crafting a storyline had more to do with her interest in what was happening with Hayley. However, there are step parents who feel differently. My eldest brother is my half brother and my mom has been in his life since he was 10. He's 50 now. In the past decade he's slowly been distancing himself from her in favor of creating a relationship with his biological mother who abandoned him at 2. This shit has torn my family apart because the rest of us can't figure out why he would treat a woman who loves him this way.

Do I think that Tamra is sincere about her Christianity? Eh, not really. But I do acknowledge that she's been through some stuff recently and maybe it will take. However, I don't want to hear anything from Alexis who had the world's most narrow judgmental and bizarrely hypocritical view of Christianity. And secondly as a christian Alexis doesn't get to judge. The only one who can judge Tamra's sincerity is God.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 19

Watching tonights reunion I have two thoughts....1) It strikes me as odd that since Vicki's Mom died at home and not at a hospital or under a doctors care that there was no autopsy.  Normally, it's mandatory.  2)  her Mom keyed someone's classic Harley....classy move.

• Love 9

Gosh, I can't say that the show was 'boring' but just reaffirmed some things.  Like, Vicks is black and white and gray does not exist in her world for other people. You can give your opinions about other people's lives but when it comes to yours, all of a sudden, it's not so simple.  Her response about her adopted siblings were very telling.

And Shannon needs to take a step back from 'alternative' medicine.  Like colonics.  She's just screwing up her system. 

I don't know all the stuff about Tamra and her daughter but she should have just said that she loves and misses her.  Don't bring the dad into it.  I just can't take Alexis seriously.  She follows, and Tamra as well, what Jesus preaches when it works for them.  OK.  I won't go there any more.

I thought Meg held her own.  She didn't back down to Vicks' opinions and hypocrisy. 

I also thought Heather had a good response to Vicks' declaration about the 'bread' winner.  Yeah, Heather has help but Vicks' totally discounted stay at home parents and the idea of marriage was a partnership.  Maybe that's why Vicks has been divorced twice.  It seems, according to Vicks, that the person who 'works' and makes the most money is the CEO rather than a partner.  She has a lot to learn.  And she wonders why she doesn't get the love she needs....

Watching tonights reunion I have two thoughts....1) It strikes me as odd that since Vicki's Mom died at home and not at a hospital or under a doctors care that there was no autopsy.  Normally, it's mandatory.  2)  her Mom keyed someone's classic Harley....classy move.

My dad died at home and there was no autopsy.  The local police and EMT came to the house, questioned my mother and I (mostly me) and that was it.  I think, and I may be wrong, that when there's nothing suspicious and persons are of a certain age, it's not necessary. 

• Love 13

tonights episode was a complete bore! And to the person above, my mother didn't have an autopsy either. She passed away from cancer, so maybe its alittle different but you don't need to have one unless their death is suspicious 

• Love 5

Tamara looked like a "smushed" smurfette with an ecsape hatch at her cutout under cleavage space.

LaLalaa la la la.

Heather should have worn a dark blood red satin bias cut dress with her hair up or cut in a short angular bob, like last season, she would have won the night looks wise.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 5

Despite the leech idiocy, I'm glad Heather tried to talk some sense into Shannon over Shannon's frequent use of colonics. It makes me wonder if the colonics are some strange effort to control her food absorption. There are some foods we can't get nutrients from without gut flora. However, Shannon is completely wrong about cleaning out your GI system for health reasons. What she's doing negatively impacts the immune system.

• Love 23

Shannon seems to have a food disorder, Imo. My sister was using colonics in this way, among other things, as a part of her lifelong eating disorder and finally her organs gave out, she died at 37.

• Love 6

Guys, I seriously, seriously don't think I can deal with Tamra fake crying over how "hard" last year was again - does this woman ever give up her victim narrative? Ever?

I totally agree!  Tamra acts like she had nothing to do with her marriage to Simon ending and what her kids were put through.  Her daughter wanting to be rid of her says a lot to me.  Tamra needs to stop making it seem like everything wrong in her family is Simon's fault and that she's just an innocent victim in it all.  Her struggle crying and the way she tries to make her voice quiver makes her look like the most insincere person on the planet.  Her damned hanky didn't even have mascara on it.  There were absolutely no tears to be wiped away. 

I must say as much as Alexis leaves a lot to be desired in the "good Christian" department, she had Tamra's number with her email.  I was agreeing with everything she said.  I don't know why Tamra thinks that just because she put on this big show of getting Baptized for the cameras that she's a "changed" woman.  Becoming a Christian is a covenant between you and Jesus to accept him into your heart and try to live your life by his word.  It's not telling everybody "I'm saved and if you don't believe it you can suck it!"  I'm not saying this to judge her, I'm just saying that she doesn't come off as sincere...AT ALL!  All the hair primping and wearing a see through dress to be dunked in a swimming pool in front of the cameras just doesn't come off as sincere to me.  If she had told Bravo, I will let you film the get together after the Baptism, but not the Baptism itself so that her other kids could attend I would believe her.  Since she didn't do that, I'm not buying it.

• Love 24

Vicki's neck is a situation I do not need to experience in HD.  

"I am the OG of the OC and do I expect respect."  Someone needs to be introduced to reality and not in TV format.  It is also nice to learn that Vicki is responsible for all housewife franchises.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 23

I totally agree!  Tamra acts like she had nothing to do with her marriage to Simon ending and what her kids were put through.  Her daughter wanting to be rid of her says a lot to me.  Tamra needs to stop making it seem like everything wrong in her family is Simon's fault and that she's just an innocent victim in it all.  Her struggle crying and the way she tries to make her voice quiver makes her look like the most insincere person on the planet.  Her damned hanky didn't even have mascara on it.  There were absolutely no tears to be wiped away. 

I must say as much as Alexis leaves a lot to be desired in the "good Christian" department, she had Tamra's number with her email.  I was agreeing with everything she said.  I don't know why Tamra thinks that just because she put on this big show of getting Baptized for the cameras that she's a "changed" woman.  Becoming a Christian is a covenant between you and Jesus to accept him into your heart and try to live your life by his word.  It's not telling everybody "I'm saved and if you don't believe it you can suck it!"  I'm not saying this to judge her, I'm just saying that she doesn't come off as sincere...AT ALL!  All the hair primping and wearing a see through dress to be dunked in a swimming pool in front of the cameras just doesn't come off as sincere to me.  If she had told Bravo, I will let you film the get together after the Baptism, but not the Baptism itself so that her other kids could attend I would believe her.  Since she didn't do that, I'm not buying it.

I agree with you on Tamra but I also think Alexis is, in her own way, just as hypocritical when it comes to her Christianity.

• Love 16

She said flat out "I had cancer", not precancerous anything - CANCER. She said it was removed and she has to go every 6 months for tests.  So we should be hearing about it on the Reunion then, right?  If Tamra announced on National TV that she had cancer, why would she keep it off of RHoOC?  We've all seen the lengths she goes for a story line, and she has been known to lie, so why is she off the hook?

Vicki has a point here;

It was the first time any of us had heard she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and we were all in shock that she had never talked about it prior to that. No one at that time ever asked her for her medical records, and since then we haven't heard anything about it after that does that mean she was faking it for attention?? I mean if you are diagnosed with cervical cancer isn't that pretty serious.

So my first thought was, because it was real. Why she kept it off the show that is.

Unlike her "Baptism" which she put on camera and on the show in a big way!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

None of the dresses are great.  I think Shannon would be the winner if she didn't have a line from her control top nylons or spanx.  I guess Meghan is the winner by default.  Heather and Meghan have the best makeup.  Vicki just looks dumb, Tamara's dress's cutout is not cute and I think it makes her look thick in the torso, I hate Heather's sleeves.  Maybe Shannon and Tamra would look better standing.  Meghan should keep the brunette hair, it looks great.  I say this all as I sit slouched on my couch in sweats.  I don't really have anything else to comment on besides their looks.  It was fairly boring.  I agree with everyone that has posted about the story about Vicki's mom and I also agree with everyone on Earth that Vicki was rude to the sushi girl.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 13

Although I think that the general consensus undervalues Alexis's basic intelligence, she certainly didn't boast an especially broad vocabulary; notable fluency in cultural affairs; or the most eloquent communication skills. But she is one of the few cast members across the franchise who demonstrated herself capable of something resembling substantive, thoughtful reflection and also happened to leave the show a better person than when she joined. Interpretation is essentially synonymous with judgment ( as is illustrated by adjectives like "hypocritical" to Alexis). And - though this sort of dives into Scriptural deconstruction and thus involves subjects that have yielded history a lot headier than a Housewives reunion - the Biblical prohibition of "judge not lest ye be judged" does not inherently preclude one from devising an opinion. It refers to cosmic evaluation. Alexis didn't write that Tamra was beyond redemption, damned to hell, or too spiritually flawed to be a champion of Christ. She made an observation that the examples Tamra herself cited of her religious rejuvenation and newfound approach to life (ie stating early in the season that she was not going to play the role of pot stirrer and would advise Meghan to follow suit) were not borne out by the season-long footage of Tamra's behavior that ensued. I would generally err on the side of not questioning someone's spiritual authenticity but Tamra made this her central narrative this season all while still playing *Alexis's* faith for her worn-out talking heads comedy bit long after Alexis left the program.

• Love 22

I believe Briana.  She told the truth about Brooks saying he told Ryan to beat her but Vicki tried to twist it and say Briana misunderstood....until the recording was played for everyone and then her excuse was he was drunk.  Drunk, sure, but my husband would never say something like that to anyone, under any circumstances.  Vicki has screwed Briana over for this POS too many times.

Let's say Brooks made a pass at her (doubtful) her mom and Brooks are broken up-what possible good does making that public do?  Does it make Brooks look worse-impossible, but it does make her mother look bad.  Lower than low. Same with the penis thing-Briana can sit and throw back drinks with the best of them and when she decides she doesn't like adult conversation she seizes on it and uses it against people.  I don't like dick jokes and I know how and when to ignore them.  She and Ryan have an extremely low threshold for sex talk.  If all those things were true why is she still talking about them?  The only time she sees the man is at the Reunion and that was two or three years ago. 

Briana is the reason Vicki needs to go.  She is just tasteless.  Next year we will get to hear about how her father was abusive-she started down that path two years ago.  I just am not that invested in Briana's childhood drama to keep watching.  Let's her the humiliation of her son or boyfriend sitting on a couch spilling stories and destroying Briana.

Although I think that the general consensus undervalues Alexis's basic intelligence, she certainly didn't boast an especially broad vocabulary; notable fluency in cultural affairs; or the most eloquent communication skills. But she is one of the few cast members across the franchise who demonstrated herself capable of something resembling substantive, thoughtful reflection and also happened to leave the show a better person than when she joined. Interpretation is essentially synonymous with judgment ( as is illustrated by adjectives like "hypocritical" to Alexis). And - though this sort of dives into Scriptural deconstruction and thus involves subjects that have yielded history a lot headier than a Housewives reunion - the Biblical prohibition of "judge not lest ye be judged" does not inherently preclude one from devising an opinion. It refers to cosmic evaluation. Alexis didn't write that Tamra was beyond redemption, damned to hell, or too spiritually flawed to be a champion of Christ. She made an observation that the examples Tamra herself cited of her religious rejuvenation and newfound approach to life (ie stating early in the season that she was not going to play the role of pot stirrer and would advise Meghan to follow suit) were not borne out by the season-long footage of Tamra's behavior that ensued. I would generally err on the side of not questioning someone's spiritual authenticity but Tamra made this her central narrative this season all while still playing *Alexis's* faith for her worn-out talking heads comedy bit long after Alexis left the program.

Thanks for a well thought out statement. All I took away is Tamra's response proved Alexis' point.

• Love 11

Andy aired a slightly extended clip of Briana's reunion remarks on WWHL to Jeana, Lauri (bring her back to replace Vicki!), and Lynne. She was indeed referring to the "Girth Brooks" comment and claims that, after she presented itt as a come-on to Vicki, Vicki sneered, "why would he want you?" Between that and Vicki's "she's a shit stirrer" exclamation on the finale, I guess we know where Bri gets her trigger-happiness to publicly shaft her family members (or at least one in particular). Back in season 8, I was, like Lydia, horrified by the spectacle of Vicki and Briana's relationship but I've since progressed to simply finding it hilarious because it's so ridiculous.

• Love 10

My snarky thought was with  that nimrod son/brother looking after her no wonder she died. She was probably sick for months and he never even noticed. And I also thought the Harley story was hardly something to brag about. Your mom does something like this at 80 and you don't think to have her checked out. My first thought was dementia and signs of cognitive decline. The poor mom probably knew she might as well die because her family was too immature to deal with any real illness or take care of her without crying, gagging, throwing up, and carrying on. My husband was watching  this tonight and he was like, "Vicki's a hypocrite" very incredulous, like, "Is someone really this clueless?" about her telling Meghan "there is nothing like having a biological child... my mother loved us all the same... I mean there were probably differences,... I mean I don't know I couldn't tell... I LOVE my sisters!" What the hell? She totally dug her own hole because she couldn't keep track of her own dumb comments. 

As far as Alexis piping in, that was pointless. Of course these narcissistic housewives just have to make everything about them? Alexis felt Tamra insulted her savior? PulEASE. You are trying too hard to be relevant. Tamra's baptism had nothing to do with Alexis nor her beliefs. Alexis just had to get her dig in and find some attention. 

Tamra crying about her daughter on camera was a horrible idea. That girl is NEVER going to forgive her. There were text messages that Simon made public a few years ago and Tamra was just a total bitch. Tamra is just clueless. Sydney probably just wants a normalish mother and she stuck with this narcissist monster. She isn't going to feel sorry for Tamra crying about it on camera, it's just going to make her hate her more. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 12

I would generally err on the side of not questioning someone's spiritual authenticity but Tamra made this her central narrative this season all while still playing *Alexis's* faith for her worn-out talking heads comedy bit long after Alexis left the program.

I appreciated your whole post, but just quoting this one section for length's sake :)

I would love to believe Tamra's change of heart is real. I still hold out hope for her, naive as that may be.

But I will say that her overall, seeming lack of remorse for how she treated Alexis stayed at the back of my mind throughout this whole "New Tamra" arc. You'd think that at some point she'd show some sort of regret for her horrible treatment of someone who's under the same "faith umbrella" as she now is... and yet, nada... at least from what we were shown before today. And going by what she said on the reunion, there's very little attempt on her part to reconcile. Not that they have to be best buds, but the Bible is pretty big on forgiveness and reconciliation, so I would've hoped that Tamra would've been more proactive about making some sort of conciliatory gesture.

Not that Alexis handled things perfectly, ever. But Tamra was pretty brutal, to the point of selling those hideous "Jesus Juggs" [sic] glasses. That deserves more than a passing "Whoops, sorry" and fakey "I'll pray for you" (with a subtext of superiority).

• Love 10

Vicki's neck is a situation I do not need to experience in HD.  

"I am the OG of the OC and do I expect respect."  Someone needs to be introduced to reality and not in TV format.  It is also nice to learn that Vicki is responsible for all housewife franchises.  

Respect has to be earned.  It isn't conferred upon a person for having hung on the longest.

• Love 16

Andy aired a slightly extended clip of Briana's reunion remarks on WWHL to Jeana, Lauri (bring her back to replace Vicki!), and Lynne. She was indeed referring to the "Girth Brooks" comment and claims that, after she presented itt as a come-on to Vicki, Vicki sneered, "why would he want you?" Between that and Vicki's "she's a shit stirrer" exclamation on the finale, I guess we know where Bri gets her trigger-happiness to publicly shaft her family members (or at least one in particular). Back in season 8, I was, like Lydia, horrified by the spectacle of Vicki and Briana's relationship but I've since progressed to simply finding it hilarious because it's so ridiculous.

Briana is lucky to be alive.  It's a wonder Vicki didn't eat her young.

• Love 21

Did anyone else notice the booger peeking out of Tamra's nostril towards the end of the program?

Gross! High definition too!

There are some benefits to my old sd tv.

Shannon is going to make herself sick with all those colonics. Your body is not made to have your colon cleaned out with water like that. She's so worried about her gut health but she's going to ruin her gut and destroy all the good bacteria and natural digestive function. No wonder an orange made her bloat up.

Yes, just like women who unnecessarily douche, and get yeast infections b/c of it. Edited by gatopretoNYC
  • Love 13

I agree with you on Tamra but I also think Alexis is, in her own way, just as hypocritical when it comes to her Christianity.

I agree and said as much in my post about Alexis.  I said she leaves a lot to be desired in the "good Christian" department.

• Love 4

Actually, Vicki muddled the issue. For the most part the other wives agreed that it is sometimes different with step-parents and stepchildren. Vicki volunteered that her sisters were adopted and her mother loved them all the same, but maybe loved some of her kids differently.

Andy muddled the issue. I'm watching it on repeat right now, so I'll walk ya through it

Here is what was said verbatim:

[package closes]

Vicki: it is different when you have your own than when they're step, so--

Meghan (interrupting): you don't know that. So you can't speak to that. And it's unfair--

Vicki (interrupting): I've witnessed my friends, and people that are close to me, have their own biological child. it does change. That's my opinion.

Andy: Tamra and Vicki, Kimberly from Chicago wants to know, 'would you tell parents who have adopted children that their love is not the same, or as real, as love for biological children?'

[Vicki launches into her answer, the answer I characterized as 'lame' in my first post. Her response was also brash, insensitive, and dumb. But it was a response. A response to a question that got pitched to her about adoption, when she had been discussing the inherent differences in the way that one will relate to a stepchild v a bio child.]

And--(for purposes of this point) scene--

Who is the first one who brought up adoption? Andy

What was the immediate prior debate between Meghan and Vicki about? Step vs bio children

Hence, who is the one who muddled the issue of step vs adoption? Andy

Your Honor, I rest my case. I put myself at the mercy of the viewing audience, and may God have mercy on my soul for entertaining Bravo's bullshit.

• Love 16

I didn't appreciate the way Andy--and by extension, some of the other wives--muddled stepchildren with adopted children. We see a package where the entire issue is whether Meghan is overstepping her bounds as a stepmom. Then Andy immediately asked Vicki something about whether he thinks her mom had the same love for Vicki as she did for her adopted children. Vicki was too slow on the uptake and mumbled some lame answer to the question when she immediately should have corrected Andy:

Adoption is not 'step.' They are apples and oranges. When someone adopts a child, she becomes that person's real child. There is no issue of overstepping, because she's your kid. With step-children, there may be a natural parent about whom you need to be worried about regarding boundaries. That was apparently what Meghan's issue was about, and that should have been the scope of the discussion. Even in the most open and harmonious of adoptions, there is no issue as to who is the authority figure in the child's life. The adoptive parents have all of the rights, privileges, and responsibilities. Therefore, there was no reason, IMO, for Andy to raise the topic of adoption, which had nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

I'm not adopted, and I don't have any particular sensitivity to the issue, but it bothers when people interchange these two very different terms. And I'm not even going to get started on people labeling half-siblings as step-siblings. I think I've been watching too much Sister Wives.

I believe that it was a viewer question, asking if Vicki felt that same way about adopted children.

Edit: Nevermind, see that you already discussed this.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 1

It was a viewer question from 'Kimberly from Chicago.' I stand corrected on that. It was Andy's choice to raise the question about adoption during a discussion of step vs bio children that led me to believe he was an ass that doesn't know the difference between 'step' and adoption.

In light of the long post I just made about the issue, I'm going to drop it now, so that I don't become repetitive.

• Love 4

I didn't really see the issue. I don't think Andy doesn't know the difference between them, but rather discussing how Vicki and the others feel about children who are not biologically their own (whether that means stepkids, adopted, they even discussed grandchildren) versus kids that are biologically yours. If that was really a question from a viewer, she probably felt offended by what Vicki had said and wanted to know if she felt the same way about adopted kids as well.

• Love 7

Despite the leech idiocy, I'm glad Heather tried to talk some sense into Shannon over Shannon's frequent use of colonics. It makes me wonder if the colonics are some strange effort to control her food absorption. There are some foods we can't get nutrients from without gut flora. However, Shannon is completely wrong about cleaning out your GI system for health reasons. What she's doing negatively impacts the immune system.

For someone who claims to be so health-conscious and educated about how the human body works, Shannon sure seems to have more than her share of medical issues.  All those little bags of pills and visits to Dr. Moon certainly don't seem to be keeping her healthy.  

No, it's not normally mandatory.  It depends on several factors.

• Love 7

This might be inappropriate to ask, but if you keyed someone's motorcycle, would you hang around after the deed? It struck me as very odd that she did it in full view of the restaurant she saw him enter and then parked where he could get her license number and call the police while she was shopping at K-Mart.
  • Love 5

*Your assignment BRAVO, if you should choose to accept it is as follows.

My final wish in the viewing of this program would be to make an utterly real production of RHOC including the hiring of a housewife to not only rock the Ho'wives' world, but roll it as well.

I want a 'flameout' paroxym of True Jealousy.

Hire a 'wife between the ages of 38-41. She must have a bevy of ACTUAL good friends. In addition, she must have a calm, yet, scintillating and friendly personality and demeanor.

She must absolutely be able to easily, richly, and unflappably 'put down a bi_ ch.

She must be bright, 'educated' articulate, facially interesting and gorgeous, body slammin', intellectually curious. Also, someone that is socially, culturally, politically aware would not be amiss.

In addition, that person must have a LEGITIMATEly wealthy and absolutely FINE and DOTING husband of similar age to the wife.

And, the couple must have a couple of kids --one(I think, male) near the end of university schooling with otherworldly prospects, and the other(hmm, female) who is a preteen heavily involved in altruistic works while maintaining academic superstardom.

Oh, sh__t!

Was I sleeptyping? 'Cause THIS would never ever happen!

What a dream.

• Love 7

YAY for the Family Van clip, lol! Best part of the ep. The rest was a bore.

Vicki's face and demeanor tell me she knows at some point the verbal beat down is coming from the other women. Seemes to me like she was kissing Tamra's ass as a way to get on her good side and lessen the blows she knows are coming. So Vicki is the one responsible for all the subsequent HW franchises? Who knew! I bet Andy was floored by that statement. I guess she forgot there were several other women on the first season that helped make it a success. The arrogance of that woman knows no bounds! As OG of the OC she feels she deserves respect? Bwaaaa, hahahaha! No Vicki, respect is earned by the way you treat people and conduct yourself, not by virtue of being around the longest. This goes for any job. I'm not even going to talk about her (as usual) ridiculous attire.

Tamra was dressed like a hooker ready to ply her trade at a podiatry convention in Wisconsin circa 1979. I always liked Alexis despite her overly religious bent and am glad she called out Tamra on her fake conversion to Christianity.

So very disappointed in Heather's dress! She usually dresses well but that dress was fugly. I too am glad she schooled Shannon on the dangers of colonics. Those and cleanses are a dangerous trend that cause more harm than good, IMO. As Heather said, if you eat properly your body knows what to do and there is no need for that fuckery.

Did Shannon get veneers on her teeth? They looked different and fake, esp near her gumline. Maybe I never noticed before and they've always been that way.

I liked Megan better as a blond.

• Love 9

Vicki has a point here;

It was the first time any of us had heard she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and we were all in shock that she had never talked about it prior to that. No one at that time ever asked her for her medical records, and since then we haven't heard anything about it after that does that mean she was faking it for attention?? I mean if you are diagnosed with cervical cancer isn't that pretty serious?

So Vicki, in her typical 6 yr old little girl fashion, is playing the "Well she did it too!" card to deflect from her own cancer lies?

• Love 12

Let's say Brooks made a pass at her (doubtful) her mom and Brooks are broken up-what possible good does making that public do? Does it make Brooks look worse-impossible, but it does make her mother look bad. Lower than low. Same with the penis thing-Briana can sit and throw back drinks with the best of them and when she decides she doesn't like adult conversation she seizes on it and uses it against people. I don't like dick jokes and I know how and when to ignore them. She and Ryan have an extremely low threshold for sex talk. If all those things were true why is she still talking about them? The only time she sees the man is at the Reunion and that was two or three years ago.

Briana is the reason Vicki needs to go. She is just tasteless. Next year we will get to hear about how her father was abusive-she started down that path two years ago. I just am not that invested in Briana's childhood drama to keep watching. Let's her the humiliation of her son or boyfriend sitting on a couch spilling stories and destroying Briana.

Thanks for a well thought out statement. All I took away is Tamra's response proved Alexis' point.

So Vicki is the one responsible for all the subsequent HW franchises? Who knew! I bet Andy was floored by that statement. I guess she forgot there were several other women on the first season that helped make it a success. The arrogance of that woman knows no bounds! As OG of the OC she feels she deserves respect? Bwaaaa, hahahaha! No Vicki, respect is earned by the way you treat people and conduct yourself, not by virtue of being around the longest.

On WWHL last night, Jeana corrected what Vicki said about being responsabile for the OC and the rest of the HW franchise, according to Jeanna, SHE was the first one chosen for the show by SD, the HW creator, NOT Vicki. LOL

• Love 10

My own conspiracy theory is she is trying to compete w/ Lizzie on the mammary gland and cheekbone level. Her cheeks are wider now due to fillers or cheekbone implants, it looks like. Her eyes look tiny and squinty as a result.

It makes me wonder if Eddie made some comments about Lizzie's beauty. Could that be why Tamra was so out of control angry with Lizzie at the reunion?

IIRC, last year the HWs and hubbies were playing a party game that involved the question of which of the other HWs the men would sleep with given the chance and Eddie picked Lizzie.

• Love 4

I also agree with everyone on Earth that Vicki was rude to the sushi girl.

Vicki gave the Sushi girl "advice" not out of a sense of concern for the girl's future and well being but as a dig and an attemp at superiority. The girl was young, thin and pretty - the three things Vicki desperately wants to be and can't. So she competes with the only thing she has - I WORK! I HAVE MY OWN COMPANY! BE LIKE ME! As was pointed out on the show, Vicki had no idea if the girl was working as a Sushi girl to pay for school when she admomished her to "get an education". She also had no idea if the girl DOES have a respectable career and does this on the side to pay off student loans. IMO, she was once again jealous of a young pretty girl and tried to cut her down.

• Love 23

I think it is kind of ironic that the wife of the plastic surgeon (who just had leeches on her belly) and has had multiple procedures sitting on a stage in which no one has their own natural boobs (except maybe Shannon?) was lecturing Shannon about a monthly enema. It's not a high colonic when it is done at home. However, I do agree she is a bit bowel obsessed. I wonder if she just has chronic constipation.-- I have a friend who also had that. The Dr. Moon guy-- he just probably prescribes vitamins and the colonic/enema is part of his detox program. My friend who had breast cancer and treated it alternatively, she received a series of high colonics-- about 6 in total. They are also commonly recommended as a therapeutic alternative therapy for people who believe they have candida overgrowth (which I think Shannon believes she has this per her explanation of why she does not want vinegar on her salad). If you read The Body Ecology Diet book, they have all those recommendations along with specially fermented foods like kefir, fermented baby coconut water, and specially prepared live cultured shredded vegetables. I think the Candida Diet is now what is in vogue which is basically the same thing.  Personally, having seen an actual patients systemically affected by a candida/yeast infection/overgrowth, I don't believe that these practitioners are correct in their "diagnosis." However, cleaning up a diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates etc. is probably not a bad thing and won't hurt anyone.  I fell asleep part way through the reunion episode. 

• Love 8

Let's say Brooks made a pass at her (doubtful) her mom and Brooks are broken up-what possible good does making that public do?  Does it make Brooks look worse-impossible, but it does make her mother look bad.  Lower than low. Same with the penis thing-Briana can sit and throw back drinks with the best of them and when she decides she doesn't like adult conversation she seizes on it and uses it against people.  I don't like dick jokes and I know how and when to ignore them.  She and Ryan have an extremely low threshold for sex talk.  If all those things were true why is she still talking about them?  The only time she sees the man is at the Reunion and that was two or three years ago.

Briana is the reason Vicki needs to go.  She is just tasteless.  Next year we will get to hear about how her father was abusive-she started down that path two years ago.  I just am not that invested in Briana's childhood drama to keep watching.  Let's her the humiliation of her son or boyfriend sitting on a couch spilling stories and destroying Briana.

Thanks for a well thought out statement. All I took away is Tamra's response proved Alexis' point.

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I get the feeling that Briana and Ryan baited and set up Brooks many times to get him out of Vicki's life.  I think they'd hang and drink with him, then steer the conversation to subtle, but inappropriate talk.  Brooks, being shit-faced (and kind of an idiot), fell for it every time because he wanted them to like him.  

I just can't believe that Brooks could be as monstrous as Briana makes him out to be.  Briana wanted him out her mother's life, and Ryan wanted to rule the roost.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that this all began with Ryan wanting to be the only male in that house so he could control everything.

On another note; I think Vicki turned a blind eye to the possibility that Brooks was lying about cancer because she didn't want to realize that the man she was in love with could do such a horrible thing.  I don't believe she was 'in on it' to make people feel sorry for him and profit from it.

Just a theory.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 13

If the ladies were concerned about Babblings' alcohol and sugar intake, then why did they ply him w/ sugar and alcohol in the form of cake and Sake?

**Disclaimer**

I have not seen all of the episodes.

Because he's an adult capable of saying "No thank you" to the cake and Sake.

• Love 6

Shannon seems to have a food disorder, Imo. My sister was using colonics in this way, among other things, as a part of her lifelong eating disorder and finally her organs gave out, she died at 37.

It certainly sounds like she has issues with food.  Maybe she will eventually talk about this on TV as well, since she seems to be an open book. Maybe she wouldn't care if someone did to her what she did to Heather last year - on camera - when she threw in Heather's face that Tamra had said Heather had an eating disorder. I don't think Heather is that good of an actress, and the tears that came into her eyes looked real to me. I wonder if Shannon would mind?

Then again, I think she is trying to help Dr. Moon sell his device.  She has a call out to him at the end of her blogs that goes like this: "For those interested in contacting Dr. Moon, he truly is a genius. Please call 949-833-8989". 

The girl is a whack job. This is what she has to say about his colonic in her blog......

"So let's get to the elephant in the room! Dr. Moon invented the most incredible home colonic system, the Sitolonic. Pretty much all illnesses comes from the gut. Millions of people use a Colema board and I have been told that some have cured major illnesses from it. Dr. Moon's approach is much cleaner and efficient! I chose to do this before the baptism because I had eaten a tangerine and I bloated like I was 6 months pregnant! The Sitolonic got rid of the bloat, but unfortunately I broke apart the apparatus before I did it and here we are. Story of my life. Terry Dubrow said I should do an enema or go to the ER. David wanted me to go to the ER as well (he was panicked). Bottom line, I was fine. Not funny at the time, but we all got a good laugh for the rest of the night!

• Love 3

Gosh, I can't say that the show was 'boring' but just reaffirmed some things.  Like, Vicks is black and white and gray does not exist in her world for other people. You can give your opinions about other people's lives but when it comes to yours, all of a sudden, it's not so simple.  Her response about her adopted siblings were very telling.

And Shannon needs to take a step back from 'alternative' medicine.  Like colonics.  She's just screwing up her system. 

I don't know all the stuff about Tamra and her daughter but she should have just said that she loves and misses her.  Don't bring the dad into it.  I just can't take Alexis seriously.  She follows, and Tamra as well, what Jesus preaches when it works for them.  OK.  I won't go there any more.

I thought Meg held her own.  She didn't back down to Vicks' opinions and hypocrisy. 

I also thought Heather had a good response to Vicks' declaration about the 'bread' winner.  Yeah, Heather has help but Vicks' totally discounted stay at home parents and the idea of marriage was a partnership.  Maybe that's why Vicks has been divorced twice.  It seems, according to Vicks, that the person who 'works' and makes the most money is the CEO rather than a partner.  She has a lot to learn.  And she wonders why she doesn't get the love she needs....

My dad died at home and there was no autopsy.  The local police and EMT came to the house, questioned my mother and I (mostly me) and that was it.  I think, and I may be wrong, that when there's nothing suspicious and persons are of a certain age, it's not necessary. 

Years ago when  my widowed mother died at home it was not at all suspicious and well documented that she had been under regular physician's care for decades for hypertension....but because her physician refused to come to her home and pronounce her, an autopsy was required. That was over 30 years ago and I have never forgiven that doctor for denying her that one final service. Because of that, coupled with the fact that she died on a Friday, the autopsy could not be done until Monday, which delayed everything and put quite a bit of additional stress on the rest of us.

• Love 6

I've always heard others on this and other sites claim that Alexis was for the most part "harmless". That seems to be the word that is most often used to describe her. It never seemed like anyone really liked her much before the supposed "gang up" on her from the others. Even when people were defending her, it seemed hard for anyone to really come out and say they liked her. It was always about how "harmless" she was. She was dumber than hair. I don't think there has ever been a dumber HW on any franchise and I just cannot tolerate dumb; especially when someone has the financial resources to not be dumb if they care to change. The one thing I have to point out, however, is that the thing that bothered me the most was that she was so unable to have any thoughtful reflection on her own behavior.  There are lots of good examples, but none of them were as good as the reunion when the whole deal about Jim and Peggy came up. She was so clear in her opinion that the fact the affair remained a secret was Peggy's fault. That Peggy for some reason had more of a responsibility to clue in Alexis as to what happened than Jim did. Of all the stupid things I've ever heard any HW say, this will always go down as the stupidest. If she didn't want to make a huge deal of it and blame Jim, I get that. But she did want to make a huge deal out of it. She didn't want to forget about it. She wanted to be angry about it and place all the blame on Peggy. Dumb bitch.

The letter to Andy was beyond funny. The best thing that ever happened to Alexis was when Tamra called her "Jesus Jugs".  It got her more attention than anything else ever did. As she said in her letter, she was well aware she would take crap for coming on the show as a "Christian", dressing as she did, talking as she did, and drinking like a fish. That was always the storyline for Alexis, and way before anyone was ever judging Tamra for talking about her religion, they were doing the same for Alexis. Her Bravo blog very often had nothing but comments from viewers who were offended by her behavior and what it might say about Christians. Her story was that of the unlikely Christian, and she is no doubt very unhappy to see her story now being played by Tamra, who is still employed by Bravo. 

• Love 10

So, um, Vicki denied taking a Xanax before the reunion, but I firmly believe homegirl took SOMETHING. She could barely keep her eyes open. It was like she had cinder blocks on the lids. 

I really can't stand listening to her talking about her mom. Everything is all about her. She told her mother that she didn't want her to go first - because VICKI didn't want to feel pain??? Fucking narcissist. It's not all about you! Obviously everyone feels pain when a loved one dies, but for an 80-something woman to die peacefully in her bed to be some never-ending tragedy is ridiculous. I'm sorry you lost your mom. I've seen my mother go through it. She is glad my grandmother is no longer suffering (her end was much much worse), but she misses her mom. I get it. But she doesn't turn every conversation around to how she "needs her mom". Vicki almost acts insulted that her mother would dare leave her and cause her pain, as if it were intentional! I just can't. 

Also, can she ever take ownership of ANYTHING? Does she ever regret anything she's said or done on this show? Even Tamra, fake though it may be, has admitted when she's done something wrong. Vicki has to make excuses at every turn. I thought in retrospect she might realize how short-sighted her comments to the sushi girl were, how insulting. But she kept defending it!!! What is WRONG with her??? People are entitled to their own opinions, but damn...there is no room for a change of mind with that one. 

I really, really hated Tamra bringing up the stuff with Sidney. It just made me feel dirty all over. It was like she was throwing her teenage daughter under the bus to garner more sympathy for herself. I think all that crap with Simon and the kids should have been kept out of it, as none of them were there to defend themselves. And it pissed me off when the other women immediately blamed Sidney's stance on Simon, as if she has no mind of her own. As if Tamra is such a sainted mother that no one would ever have any issue with her. Please. I just feel for those poor kids and I don't want any of it to be fodder for the viewers. Ugh. 

Also, I liked how at the beginning Andy asked if Rapey Ryan and his crew were still living in that house and Tamra was all, "Yea, yea, they're still here"....no mention of the domestic violence. Like everything is hunky dory. Meanwhile your oldest son is a raging asshole. And she just makes excuses for him and enables him. I wouldn't want my kids anywhere near her.

I will say, though, that email from Alexis was so stupid. Honestly, I agree with her. I'm a Christian and I do think Tamra is completely insincere and making a mockery of my faith. But Alexis just came off as really self-righteous and arrogant in her email. Sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut and let the fool prove themselves to be a fool. 

• Love 17