Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Table 87, EZPeeZ, milk and brookies, DUDE Products

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

How would you know this to be true? Are city/county plumbing breakdowns printed in your local newspaper? Or are there notices printed on your water bills? I'm being serious as I can't fathom how a person could possibly be aware of plumbing problems. This product is no bueno. Course i say the same thing about bottled water.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/nyregion/the-wet-wipes-box-says-flush-but-the-new-york-city-sewer-system-says-dont.html?_r=2

"The city has spent more than $18 million in the past five years on wipe-related equipment problems, officials said. The volume of materials extracted from screening machines at the city’s wastewater treatment plants has more than doubled since 2008, an increase attributed largely to the wipes."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/flushable-personal-wipes-clogging-sewer-systems-utilities-say/2013/09/06/9efac4e6-157a-11e3-a2ec-b47e45e6f8ef_story.html

"the primary problem lies with people flushing paper towels, baby wipes and other products not advertised — or designed — for toilets. Consumers want baby wipes in particular to be durable enough to withstand finger “poke-through,”"

If you cannot poke your finger through the wipe then you don't flush it. That is why the dude wipes cost more because they are not woven and hence can be flushed.

Did they just edit out Mark getting a gluten-free Brookie, or is that just something he selectively refuses to eat?  I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually have Celiac, so he's just being like one of those restaurant patrons who demand that their food not be in the same room as gluten, and then demand more free bread.

No he loves gluten free stuff. They showed him offered and getting one. He in fact thanked them for it. I suspect it is more to do with that he wants gluten free businesses to invest in. http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/food-and-dining/2012-09-13/story/gluten-free-glutton-celebrities-often-jump-gluten 

• Love 1

As someone already pointed out here, if they are that easy to poke your finger through, they won't have any problems breaking up in the sewers.

If fingers are poking through when one is trying to "clean" their rear end, why bother having a wipe at all, just use your hand. It's washable. And yes, that's as gross as wipes with fingers sticking through. No way do I want my TP or wipe breaking up when it's at work. I'll use a store-brand wipe and toss it in the bathroom trash with the rest of the bathroom trash. Then they can "break up" in the landfill and not the septic system.

This must be some good pizza.

Not according to the reviews -- no one is buying it!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Even if I was interested in trying the Table 87 pizza, there's a $35 shipping charge. No way! That's how Lori is trying to make her money. Too bad=many food items include shipping or low cost shipping. I can't even imagine for $35!

If fingers are poking through when one is trying to "clean" their rear end, why bother having a wipe at all, just use your hand. It's washable. And yes, that's as gross as wipes with fingers sticking through. No way do I want my TP or wipe breaking up when it's at work. I'll use a store-brand wipe and toss it in the bathroom trash with the rest of the bathroom trash. Then they can "break up" in the landfill and not the septic system.

Not according to the reviews -- no one is buying it!

You don't have to poke your fingers through the wipe to use it... even if you can easily put your fingers through it, (like you can with toilet paper) it doesn't mean that your fingers automatically sail right through it the second you pick it up. There are a lot of things that can't withstand direct straight through pressure, but when the forces are going more angular they hold up just fine. I'd imagine that's the deal with these and any other flushable wipe.

• Love 1

I think around $6, ridiculous!

I feel weird saying this...but I'm a woman and I've never cleaned my rear with wipes.

Maybe people would choose Mr. O'Leary if he could just do a normal deal without royalties.

I didn't even know adults using wipes was a thing.  This show is very educational.

People have been turning down deals with Kevin even when they aren't royalty deals. I think he screwed himself by offering so many of them though, because people seem to just assume whatever he offers will be a bad deal.

I'd imagine that's the deal with these and any other flushable wipe.

Except as noted a lot of so called flushable wipes aren't acually flushable. If you cannot poke your fingers through like with toilet paper then the wipe isn't flushable. 

No, he definitely got gluten-free pizza, but I don't think there was a mention of it with Brookie.

Strange I swear they mentioned they had gluten free for Cuban. 

Not all baby wipes are easy to poke through finger through which is a complaint the sharks had but either the guys didn't explain why that was or it wasn't shown. Baby wipes you cannot break apart can clog pipes or causes issues in the city sewers which is what happening in various big and small cities. 

As for Dude Wipes yes a lot of men don't know about wipes so Dude Wipes not only other men but adult women will make it a man's product. A lot of people don't understand that women yes women often refuse to use certain items because the implication is that the product is not girly or made for both genders. Hence pink items or special editions for women. Ever after being educated a lot of women refuse to buy say non pink or other considered pretty color firearms. 

I am not talking about baby wipes. The those people on the Shark Tank are not talking about baby wipes. Flushable wipes are not baby wipes. They are not as thick and are made to flush. That is what I'm talking about.

How would you know this to be true? Are city/county plumbing breakdowns printed in your local newspaper? Or are there notices printed on your water bills? I'm being serious as I can't fathom how a person could possibly be aware of plumbing problems. This product is no bueno. Course i say the same thing about bottled water.

I was talking about my plumbing. It has never caused plumbling problems where I live. That's what I was discussing and what was brought up previously. And flushable wipes (not baby wipes) are thin. They can shred. They are not the same as baby wipes which will clog toilets and plumbing. These are two different things.

Something does not sit right with me on his mutual funds and whatever else he is peddling.  Did the world really need a Kevin O'Leary financial services company when we have plenty for the regular guy such as Fidelity, Schwab and Vanguard?

As much as Kevin yaks about how much he loves money, he's probably made the least of any of the sharks from his show investments. Seems like what he really adores is the limelight.

• Love 2

Except as noted a lot of so called flushable wipes aren't acually flushable. If you cannot poke your fingers through like with toilet paper then the wipe isn't flushable.. 

That's what I'm saying, though... the complaint was why use a wipe that you can poke your fingers through, but you can already poke your fingers through TP, but most people still manage to use TP without covering their hand in poo. A wipe that is flushable should be poke through-able, but if you are wiping and not trying to poke through it, your hands should still stay clean.

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 1

That's what I'm saying, though... the complaint was why use a wipe that you can poke your fingers through, but you can already poke your fingers through TP, but most people still manage to use TP without covering their hand in poo. A wipe that is flushable should be poke through-able, but if you are wiping and not trying to poke through it, your hands should still stay clean.

Yeah, I feel like the wipes things are going around in circles. You don't just poke your finger straight through flushable wipes. You don't have to worry about a mess because they ripping all over the place. Not quality ones. These dude wipes seem to be of a cheaper quality. They can rip. With a bit of force, you can poke your finger through. This is why flushable wipes aren't bad for plumbing. Baby wipes are bad for plumbing. This is why Scott's, Cottonelle and other name brands designed flushable wipes for adults. There in every store right next to the toilet paper. There is already a market for them. Dude wipes aren't reinventing the wheel.

Cottonelle makes travel packs but they are overpriced. For a 10 pack of wipes for traveling, you pay almost as much for a 50 pack. So, I just put some in a baggy for on the go. Toilet paper is terrible to me. Especially in public restrooms because they often use cheap brands. But, it's always a uncomfortable process so rather not use them.

People always had the assumption years ago that if you were using wipes you were just using baby wipes but that's not the case. I figured this was a thing people knew about. They are out there in the open but I guess it still isn't. But, yeah, baby wipes and flushable wipes are two different things. People are equating all wipes with the issues that have developed from flushing but those are not the ones made for adults.

I must just say I've learned more than I ever thought I would about adult restroom habits from this show, between the Squatty Potty and the Dude Wipes. Nothing wrong with it, I just think it's kind of funny.

• Love 8

I think it's time Robert left the show. His "specialty" is completely undermined by Cuban being there. It seems like he's trying to make himself the "fun" shark - making corny jokes and dancing with the entrepreneurs. It's not working. There's no reason to invest with him as the technology guy if there's another one there who's 40 times as successful. The only certainty with Robert is that every episode he'll make a pass at Lori, and get passed by the entrepreneurs.

I get it, most people aren't as resourceful as I am. There's a reason why $5/slice frozen pizza exists. TJ's garlic naan bread is frozen so it lasts forever. Pepperoni, a ball of mozzarella cheese, jars of olives and sun dried tomatoes all last at least a month in my fridge. The basil plant on my windowsill isn't going anywhere. I always have onions and bell peppers on hand for salads and sandwiches. I'm buying for one (very hungry) man, and I've never had to throw any of that stuff out. 

Buying ingredients to make a pizza isn't being resourceful; it's cooking. 

• Love 4

The only certainty with Robert is that every episode he'll make a pass at Lori, and get passed by the entrepreneurs.

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I don't remember passes being made, ever. Unless handing her a sample of whatever is being distributed counts as a pass, in which case I stand corrected.

• Love 2

They are out there in the open but I guess it still isn't. But, yeah, baby wipes and flushable wipes are two different things. People are equating all wipes with the issues that have developed from flushing but those are not the ones made for adults.

Except a lot of the  flush able wipes don't break apart hence why lawsuits are being considered by many cities against the makers that you named. Since the makers lied about it being flushable. If you cannot poke your fingers through the wipe it is woven and hence it will not break in the sewer system. Hence it is not flushable despite being labeled so on the box. Yes the makers of products often lie about the nature of their products and even what is inside. 

I wouldn't want to use a wipe I had to throw in the trash can. That just seems so unsanitary to have the remnants of a bm in the house. Trash cans are nasty enough.

Yet people did that for decades with diapers  . They had baskets meant for diapers to be washed and cleaned by a company then returned to the home owner for reuse. Baby wipes were often tossed into a special garbage can. Its only when people realized how good they are at wiping an adult ass they decided to flush them and toilet paper companies made wipes. Claiming that they could be flushed when in reality they couldn't. Honestly after some poops that are messy (such as after eating certain sauces that just go through you) a good wipe with a sanitary wipe not only is gentler but actually cleans up better. Otherwise its a soak in the tub or a shower to get really clean and get the grodiness feeling off of you. 

Edited by nobodyyoucare

For purely scientific reasons and so I could report to you all, I tested the Target-brand flushable wipes I have. It took a little force, but I was able to poke my finger through a wipe. They are on sale on the Target Cartwheel app this week. You're welcome, dudes.

As much as I love naan bread (and Indian food, in general), it would not be a substitute for "real" NY pizza. Someone who would make that at home, as delicious as it sounds, would not be this guy's target market. My boyfriend is a pizza freak and he wouldn't "settle" for naan bread pizza. He wants the real McCoy, and I'm guessing that this guy's pizza IS the real McCoy. I actually spotted his pizza slices a few weeks ago in a Whole Foods here in Hawaii, and I stopped because I was so surprised. Let me tell you, they are BIG slices...as in, a meal (just add a salad if you want).

The potty training seat just seemed like a bad idea.  Hinges that will catch the kid's butt, solving a problem that isn't really there.

I'm not sure what Mark was babbling about regarding the on-demand economy and pizza slices.  You can call and have a pizza delivered, right?  You don't need to go to Amazon and click on something to get pizza delivered to your location in half an hour or so.  That said, I thought the pizza guy seemed to have an understanding of a lot of the business issues he is going to face. Starting with recognizing that if he wants to go all-in on selling frozen pizza he needs to do it someplace other than his brick and mortar stores.  I'm not a big frozen pizza buyer but it seems like he has a good product.

Not sure who's going to buy Dude wipes.  I think people who want to use wipes are already buying them, Dude branded or not.

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I don't remember passes being made, ever. Unless handing her a sample of whatever is being distributed counts as a pass, in which case I stand corrected.

He's always flirting with her, talking to her, saying "why don't you try it, Lori?" for some products that are shown. I know all the sharks have banter with each other but it feels different with Robert. He was her own personal cheering section for one deal she made by herself. There hasn't been much interaction between them this season so far but definitely in years past.

The thing that annoyed me most about potty dad dude guy is this: I do not think the issue of a child potentially falling in has to do with where the back of the seat is. It has to do with whether the child's feet touch the floor, and thus the child can steady himself sitting on whatever portion of the rim he is on. And thus, it's not that he had a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I'll accept his premise the problem exists. However, his solution would not work and introduces additional problems (ie hinge), but other solutions do exist. IE, his kid needs a stepstool (or a squatty potty for that matter).

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

Did they just edit out Mark getting a gluten-free Brookie, or is that just something he selectively refuses to eat?  I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually have Celiac, so he's just being like one of those restaurant patrons who demand that their food not be in the same room as gluten, and then demand more free bread.

No he loves gluten free stuff. They showed him offered and getting one. He in fact thanked them for it. I suspect it is more to do with that he wants gluten free businesses to invest in. http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/food-and-dining/2012-09-13/story/gluten-free-glutton-celebrities-often-jump-gluten 

Mark bought a big stake in a gluten-free pizza business and is I believe officially the COO of the gluten-free finder app mentioned in your link. Yet he has said specifically in the past that it's "purely a business opportunity".

So either exposure to that crowd has indoctrinated him into the "gluten is the worst thing ever!" mindset since then, or he just knows there's a big market for it so that's an aspect of the product he's interested in.  Neither would surprise me.

I didn't even know adults using wipes was a thing.  This show is very educational.

I didn't figure myself being the one to bring this up ... but it's been a thing for a while that gay men may carry wipes around with them. I'll let you fill in the details on that.

I think that Kevin's royalty scheming and his loan shark ways (I will loan you money and you pay it back with 200% interest) are only part of the reason why no one takes his deal.  The other part is how he treats people, usually.  Who wants to do a deal with a guy who is looking for different ways to call you stupid if you come up with an idea that he doesn't agree with?

Not only is Kevin obnoxious, he is also un-self-aware - telling Mark to stay out of the discussion if he has said he's out, yet Kevin often interrpts other sharks and berates entrepreneurs after he has said he was out.  

My husband was wondering why the Sharks were so annoyed/surly with the potty seat guy and so nice and friendly with everyone else who made a pitch. Some of the other ideas were just as much of a solution to a non-problem.  I think it was because the potty guy was so (over)prepared that he came across as disingenuous - he was too polished.   It is good to research the sharks, but you shouldn't make it so obvious that you read up on them.  Instead of saying that you are just like Mark because you sold whatever as kid, just tell them you sold whatever as a kid and let Mark think "he sounds like me" on his own.  

About the pizza, do people really pay $5/slice?  I just got a whole small pizza today for $5, so I'm not sure about $5 for one slice. But maybe that's the going price in NY...

Costco sells a huge (700 calories) slice of pizza for $1.50.  

Brookies looked good and their pop-up shop is across the street from my work. Assuming they didn't take the sharks' advice to raise the price from roughly $2 to $9 (are you fucking kidding me?), I'll try to check them out sometime. 

I guess if you are wealthy investors, you don't mind spending $14 on a slice of pizza and dessert.  

Re the potty seat: It's been a long time since I was 6 or 7, but is children that age falling into the toilet a common problem? I was a little bit of a thing, and I don't recall it being an issue at that age, as it was made to seem by either the presenter, a shark, or both (I don't recall who said it.) I understand wanting to emphasize ongoing usefulness for a product; I was just surprised that first and second graders are allegedly going tush first into the toilet.

At the school I work at, one of the kindergarten toilets is smaller and the others are normal size.  All of the toilets used by first-sixth graders are standard size.  I have never heard of a kid falling in.  

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 3

My husband was wondering why the Sharks were so annoyed/surly with the potty seat guy and so nice and friendly with everyone else who made a pitch. 

Sales help a lot. Not only had he not sold any, he only had a simple prototype. You can have a product with sales that sharks don't see the need for, or you can have a solution to a known problem that's pre-revenue. But missing on both is bad.

About the pizza, do people really pay $5/slice?  I just got a whole small pizza today for $5, so I'm not sure about $5 for one slice. But maybe that's the going price in NY...

Costco sells a huge (700 calories) slice of pizza for $1.50.

But is that pizza taste good or is it made in such huge quanties it can be put that price cheaply? Usually when a chain offered slices for a buck or a buck fifty they tend to not taste very good compared to a slice from a small pizzaeria that had wood fired or coal fired ovens. 

But is that pizza taste good or is it made in such huge quanties it can be put that price cheaply? Usually when a chain offered slices for a buck or a buck fifty they tend to not taste very good compared to a slice from a small pizzaeria that had wood fired or coal fired ovens. 

It is not "artisan" and there is nothing fancy about it, but I think Costco pizza is very tasty.    I think it tastes better than Dominos or Pizza Hut or most other chains out there.  It is certainly better than any frozen pizza I have ever eaten.  

I know you can't really judge the taste of food this way, but I can't imagine that the $5 Table 87 pre-cooked pizza slice would taste over three times better than the $1.50 freshly cooked, hot out of the oven Costco pizza slice (assuming that your Costco is busy enough that the pizza is not sitting out for a while).  

UPDATE: I went to Costco today and decided I should give their pizza a taste test - hadn't had a slice in at least a year.  The price is $1.99, not $1.50.  It was room temp by the time I got home, unloaded the groceries, and finally ate some of it.  I thought it tasted good.  I doubt the Table 87 pizza is 2 and a half times as good, and am positive it isn't 20 times as good, if you add in the shipping.  

Edited by needschocolate

I know you can't really judge the taste of food this way, but I can't imagine that the $5 Table 87 pre-cooked pizza slice would taste over three times better than the $1.50 freshly cooked, hot out of the oven Costco pizza slice (assuming that your Costco is busy enough that the pizza is not sitting out for a while).  

... especially not if you have to pay another $35 to have it shipped! (ETA: if I read that right earlier in the thread, I haven't checked it out myself)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

Yeah those are like...if you're a famous/special/popular place and people who used to live there move away but there are enough of them who want it shipped to them... kind of prices. That's the only scenario where that'd fly for me. They're just cashing in on the TV curiosity. That can't work long term. This stuff's gotta go to bars or other places that want something better than crappy frozen but also won't make their own.

To be fair, he wasn't saying it would be "hot enough" to eat. His point was that it's already cooked not raw, so if you did thaw it, it's edible. I didn't think he meant this was an ideal way to serve it, just making the point that it does not require cooking.

If I'm paying $30 for the Best Pizza I've Ever Had, it'd better be a higher grade than "edible", though. We aren't allowed to have a toaster oven in our kitchen at work (yet there are restaurants in the building, including a Starbucks with only a...toaster oven), and microwave pizza is rubbery and gross. For those reasons [screwy smirk], I'm out.

It is not "artisan" and there is nothing fancy about it, but I think Costco pizza is very tasty.    I think it tastes better than Dominos or Pizza Hut or most other chains out there.  It is certainly better than any frozen pizza I have ever eaten.  

Better than Dominos or Pizza Hut is truly damning with faint praise.  Neither of those represents anything approaching good pizza.

• Love 2

I still cannot wrap my head around the price of those pizzas. I've eaten in some expensive restaurants.... for $59 I could have filet mignon with all the fixins and a couple of glasses of wine. Look at how small a 10" pizza is. In terms of food, that is.... :)

• Love 1

I ordered Table 87 home delivery the other night, as I hadn't had it in a while and this show put it in the forefront of my mind.

The pies are indeed quite good and very much classic New York style. I had forgotten how sloppy they are though -- you really have to fold them or that sauce goes everywhere, which isn't everyone's cup of tea (it's fine by me). My 12-inch pie cost $12.

I obviously wouldn't pay for the frozen ones, but if you're ever in that neck of the woods, you could do a lot worse, and it doesn't have the crazy long lines of more famous places like Grimaldi's or Juliana's nearby.

• Love 1

It's so funny how everyone claims they use the freshest, best quality ingredients! Of course you do! I think the pizza slices would be good for bars after they shut down food service for the night. It would be easy to make. I can see people heating this up at 7-11 along with their burritos.

There are tons of recipes for brookies out there. I bought a dry mix and made them once so I don't think they are all that unique. They just make them look like muffins instead of bars. Brookies would have been a better name had they hailed from Brooklyn.

I saw the Dude wipes at Kroger over the weekend, and promptly passed them up for the cheaper wipes right next to them.  I'm not paying a premium for a black wrapper (though I'm not a dude).  I don't use wipes all the time, but there are some times I'm happy to have them.  (Though less of a need since I got my Squatty Potty- true!)  We were forced to put in sewage in my area recently and I'm passive aggressive (heavy on the aggressive) about it- I spent less than $500 total on my septic system the first 8 years I lived in my current house, and then had to spend $3000 on a sewage tap and installation and now have $600/year in sewage bills I didn't before.  So if my flushable wipes ruin the system, I can't say I'll be mad.  

I get it, most people aren't as resourceful as I am. There's a reason why $5/slice frozen pizza exists. TJ's garlic naan bread is frozen so it lasts forever. Pepperoni, a ball of mozzarella cheese, jars of olives and sun dried tomatoes all last at least a month in my fridge. The basil plant on my windowsill isn't going anywhere. I always have onions and bell peppers on hand for salads and sandwiches. I'm buying for one (very hungry) man, and I've never had to throw any of that stuff out.

I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "resourceful" in this context- are you talking about cooking at home or about lunch options at work?    Keeping the ingredients around to throw a pizza together is not particularly unusual or resourceful in the home context, but the market for this pizza seemed to be working lunch/on the go meal type situations.  I cook almost every night at home, but the "kitchen" at my work consists of a microwave that barely works and a mini fridge that 6 people share.  There's no counter/workspace and no sink to clean anything unless you go down to the bathroom.  I can only think of one office I ever worked that had a toaster oven, and fridge space was always at a premium even at the places with better breakroom facilities.  If you have the facilities at work to keep fresh lunch ingredients around and prep and cook them, I think that says more about your office kitchen than it does about being resourceful.  

• Love 1

Some of the offices I worked in had "Boloney Bandit"s who would steal your lunch.  Or steal the meat from your sandwich and in effect insult your sandwich-making skills while stealing.  Leave pizza in an office fridge at your own risk.

Some of the offices I worked in had "Boloney Bandit"s who would steal your lunch.  Or steal the meat from your sandwich and in effect insult your sandwich-making skills while stealing.  Leave pizza in an office fridge at your own risk.

One thing I find that is effective at thrawting those boloney bandits is to smother the meat with ghost pepper sauce or Trinidad scorpion sauce or Carolina Reaper sauce. 

The pizza pitch was odd. Kevin's deal was 25 cents royalty from each slice until he makes back $600,000. But in reality how long would it take this guy to make and sell 2.4 million slices of pizza? Also Mark was talking about selling the slices mail order either through Amazon or their site. But frozen pizza is the last thing I would ever imagine ordering online like that. He kept talking about on demand, but if I wanted pizza right now I would order it fresh from a local delivery place. If I wanted frozen pizza I would just go and buy a frozen pizza when I am shopping. Making a separate purchase online for frozen pizza to be delivered to me just seems weird.

Apparently men's egos are so fragile that they're willing to pay double the price for identical wipes to the ones Charmin makes, just so that they can still feel manly. That's really pathetic.

I am really surprised that Kevin didn't mention (because he usually does) that pretty much all the big toilet paper companies make flushable wipes for adults and that if these guys started taking their market share the big guys would crush them like bugs.  Plus compared to the big players, by calling their product dudewipes they are alienating 50% of the market.

• Love 1

The pizza pitch was odd. Kevin's deal was 25 cents royalty from each slice until he makes back $600,000. But in reality how long would it take this guy to make and sell 2.4 million slices of pizza? Also Mark was talking about selling the slices mail order either through Amazon or their site. But frozen pizza is the last thing I would ever imagine ordering online like that. He kept talking about on demand, but if I wanted pizza right now I would order it fresh from a local delivery place. If I wanted frozen pizza I would just go and buy a frozen pizza when I am shopping. Making a separate purchase online for frozen pizza to be delivered to me just seems weird.

I know Amazon Prime's coming out with some sort of super-speedy service that I keep hearing advertised. I'm assuming it's only in limited areas, but the ads say that Prime members can get their order in 2 hours (or 1 hour for an extra $7.99, but I can't imagine adding that on to the already expensive slice of pizza).  IF that ends up being successful and becomes more widespread I could see people thinking of Amazon as more of a possibility for food. Still not entirely sure I'd order frozen pizza from there, but for me it'd be a lot more likely with 2 hour delivery than it is now.

ETA: and yes, I forgot to add I totally agree about them selling that much pizza. Seems like that'll be a long time!

Edited by NikSac

I know Amazon Prime's coming out with some sort of super-speedy service that I keep hearing advertised. I'm assuming it's only in limited areas, but the ads say that Prime members can get their order in 2 hours (or 1 hour for an extra $7.99, but I can't imagine adding that on to the already expensive slice of pizza). IF that ends up being successful and becomes more widespread I could see people thinking of Amazon as more of a possibility for food. Still not entirely sure I'd order frozen pizza from there, but for me it'd be a lot more likely with 2 hour delivery than it is now.

ETA: and yes, I forgot to add I totally agree about them selling that much pizza. Seems like that'll be a long time!

I live in Canada where Amazon doesn't have quite as many services, but i have heard of their same day service and grocery services. I think though that frozen pizza delivered by amazon same day service (even 2 hour delivery) would end up going after a weird market of people who want pizza but not urgently enough to order fresh pizza delivery, but don't want to get a frozen pizza when they are shopping at the grocery store. Plus i my understanding is that amazon has launched same day delivery in major cities first, except those are the kind of places that would have awesome choices for take out pizza. Which is why i thought Mark's suggestion was weird. Now if they could get it in stores where their aren't a ton of choices for take out pizza that would be smart. Edited by Kel Varnsen

Actually in big cities like New York there are grocery delivery sites and amazon does same day delivery. Despite people paying more they want to pay more so they don't have to go out. In big cities most people have to either take the subway/bus or fight for a parking spot or take a cab/uber what ever. A good percentage of people in New York don't own cars nor rent cars since there is no need to or its too much of a hassle.

Maybe the attraction is the "New York Style" pizza, which may go over well in Omaha, just as here in Chicago, you may want to send a deep dish pie to your relative in Florida. And, if you are ordering something else from Amazon, you may throw in a slice or two for fun.