Type keyword(s) to search

Dallas - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Pam is awesome, but why can't Pam and John Ross be awesome TOGETHER

Together they would be unstoppable.

I was surprised when Nicoquin just offered up his confession to Elena; just random small talk at breakfast like "what are your plans for the day?".  It would have been more powerful if Elena had discovered what he had done on her own.  Weird.

If Pamela is killed off, it's a sign that they plan to cancel the Barnes-Ewing feud for lack of competitors on the Barnes side (would be down to just Cliff, and Ken Kercheval  is regrettably looking pretty old).

• Love 1
John Ross learns a shocking secret about J.R. that sends him halfway around the globe in search of a surprising new cohort.

Any guesses on this?  I would think it's either a Ewing or a Barnes (who will side with the Ewings in the Ewing Global fight).

The one thing besides Bobby and Sue Ellen have really enjoyed is Josh Henderson. I think he's captured the influence of both his parents in his work as John Ross.  I think he's vulnerable like Sue Ellen but is also sassy and snaky like JR. 

• Love 3

So which Ewing will bite the dust tonight?  If they are being literal, and it's a Ewing by birth/adoption rather than marriage we have as candidates:

• Bobby
  • John Ross
  • Christopher

If being a Ewing by marriage we add:

• Sue Ellen
  • Anne
  • Pamela

I'm not going to consider Ray, Lucy, Gary, James (?), Lucas or anyone else not coming to mind at the moment.  The six I mentioned above are in the current series.

Elena is probably pregnant with a Ewing but that's neither a certainty or a plot factor for the moment.  It will likely be in coming attractions assuming they provide them.

Because of Larry Hagman's death I doubt that the show would also eliminate Sue Ellen or Bobby.  I think they are safe.

John Ross, Christopher and Pamela are the three "young" stars along with the lovely Elena.  I also doubt that they are candidates unless the show is unhappy with their performance or they have asked to be released from contract.  I wouldn't miss Christopher at all.

So that leaves Anne.  She's about played out her usefulness and it seems that they've already introduced (or is that re-introduced) her replacement.

I'd love to see Emma, Elena, and mama Ramos leave but they are not Ewings. 

I think that Bobby pick Anne to save rather than Emma but somehow Anne is a casualty in spite of this.

Brenda Strong once said that the first thing the cast members do when they get the script is check the end to see if they live through the episode.  I'm sure I read this somewhere but can't recall to give it a proper credit.  I didn't see any reason why she should have been concerned at the time but maybe she was sensing something we didn't see.

In any event we'll find out soon and I'm probably wrong.

Meanwhile...completely unrelated to which Ewing doesn't make it....does anyone else find the opening credits where Elena is bouncing around, twisting to and fro in the pool hilarious?   I think it's her idea of being flirtatious or appealing.   Cracks me up every time I see it. 

Christopher scrambles to find Elena. Meanwhile, a cartel double-crosses Bobby; John Ross risks all to attempt a rescue; and Nicolas tries to prove himself by leveraging a deal with authorities, ultimately putting lives in jeopardy.

hope i did this right please correct if wrong

so this is basically how this episode (and the last to be honest) made me feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raf5JdFecPQ

Watching this show for Pamela is obviously a bad move because the writer's must hate her or JG. She got what maybe five minutes and that's being super, super generous and in those five minutes she got called a whore by the husband who carried on an affair for the whole first half of the season (shut it jackass) and then Bobby and Sue Ellen screw her out of the company in the 30 remaining seconds of screentime she had. yay. Also was I supposed to feel sorry for John Ross crying in the elevator? You are worse than your father? I didn't watch original Dallas all that much not being born yet, lol, but I doubt from what I've heard that JR cries when stuff doesn't go his way. Oh and Elena, of course she faces no consequences for what she does, and starts shooting Nic or whoever he is because of of his killing of Drew, but you know she hid Drew when he was the one who killed Pamela's babies. Yeah. Whatever Elena. And that dude is till obsessed with her. Because everyone is.  And I find Christopher least offensive and I don't want him to die now. The episodes are kinda of blending together, but I think this episode also had emma apologize to everyone for all the bad stuff she did.  But you know who wasn't there when she was apologizing. Pamela!! The one person who deserves the apology the most. The person who's husband she's were screwing while pretending to be her friend. Guess apologizing to her didn't matter. Seriously show? I see they also went the tried and true soap trope of bad girl is raped and now we are suppose to feel sorry for her but I don't still wish she killed in the last episode. Ugh. 

Edited by Grumpymonkey
  • Love 2

Hate so much that Pamela and John Ross clearly aren't EVER going to be the super hott power couple of my Dallas dreams, instead I get stuck with stupid EMMA. ugh!

Annie gets stuck in a stupid love triangle. gah!

Elena gets to be the damsel saved again and again, and she didn't even DIE! hhhisssss.

Am I really supposed to be excited about next season?

• Love 5

Why the hell do the writers or Cidre hate Julie Gonzalo so much? Like..what the hell could she have done to deserve having her character become so marginalized and wasted? I wanted John Ross AND Pamela, not Emma in Pamela's rightful place. Its pretty fucking rich of John Ross to call anyone a whore after the shit he pulled on his WIFE. I still don't give a damn about Elena, its hard to look at her thin face for too long. I sure as hell won't believe Christopher is dead till we see a charred body. Ughh...if this show gets renewed and IF Julie Gonzalo sticks around, then I'll just watch her scenes. So disappointing.

• Love 5

I started ticking off who wouldn't "die" (because I don't think Christopher is really dead):

They weren't going to kill Bobby or Sue Ellen. Especially not Bobby who now has Tracey sniffing around.

They weren't going to kill Emma b/c she's not a Ewing and without her there's no point to having Harris or Judith on the show.

They weren't going to kill John Ross because he is the main character's son ( even though JR is no longer living, he's still a main character)

I knew Pamela was safe after basically saying I am Barnes, hear me roar.

Elena will be carrying Ewing: The Next Generation so she's safe.

So that only left Christopher or Annie. And Basically all Christopher's been doing all season is playing Cap'n Save A Ho for either Heather or Elena. Heather left with Bo and Elena will be tied to John Ross so what else was there for Christopher to do? Barking at John Ross with his hands on his hips gets kind of old.

I still don't think he's dead though, and if this show is alive for another season I think Cliff will have something to do with saving Christopher.

• Love 2
I sure as hell won't believe Christopher is dead till we see a charred body.

And even then they'd have to work hard to convince me, as a charred body is awfully convenient to make it never sure who actually got killed.  Seems like I remember a certain character's mother meeting a distinctly similar fate on the original series, and later being revealed as alive.

• Love 2

I guess this ends any chance of John Ross and PamBecca becoming the power couple they were meant to be.  How can they have her spot be usurped by Emma, who belongs in the kiddie pool?  I guess I'm glad that Bobby and Sue Ellen were able to team up and gain control of the company, but so quickly?  I would've preferred to see PamBecca bask in her triumph a little longer. What do TPTB have against PamBecca/JG?  Anytime that she's gotten any meat, she has SOLD it; but she's been marginalized this entire season.

• Love 3

Yep, during the first hour I thought Pamela needs to use some of that Barnes Global cash to buy herself a damn storyline. Now, thanks to the second hour..she doesn't even have that anymore. It feels pointless to be a Pamela Barnes fan on this show, especially when everything is done to keep Pamela marginalized and isolated.

I had been neutral on Elena, but the woman needs to give Meryl Davis lessons on all the skating she did tonight. It was ridiculous, she pays for absolutely nothing, & gets absolved of everything. Not to mention her storyline for the potential 4th season is already rolling out. She & her "who is my baby daddy" tears are gonna eat the damn show.

• Love 1

Please, Christopher is so not dead. Weak, Cidre, weak. And why is everything about fucking Elena, again, some more? Does her vagina have mind-altering powers?

I still love Bobby and Sue Ellen, though. And Judith Light. And even John Ross, little scuzzball that he is. But poor Pamela! She's my second favorite female character and it's infuriating how she's marginalized and disrespected by this show.

• Love 1

The more I think of it, Christopher probably got out the car while the bomber wasn't looking. He got thrown several feet from the exploded car. Cliff's minions snatched up Christopher and spirited him back to Pamela Sr's convalescent room in Switzerland.

Meanwhile everyone thinks Christopher is dead, Ewing tears, Elena tears, Carmen tears (which will allow her back in the Ewing house). While at the convalescent center Christopher meets JR's daughter (but he doesn't know who he is). Cliffhanger for season 4: While looking for JR's daughter John Ross discovers Christopher in the convalescent center, discovers Christopher has no memory of anything and decides to leave him there, or Cliff reveals Christopher when he and Pamela take over Ewing Global for the umpteenth time.

I'm pretty sure after Bobby/Sue Ellen screwed Pamela, she'll get Cliff out of jai.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew! They went there with the cartel guy raping Emma. Disgusting. I'm so over this show. Do I even bother to watch the last hour of the finale? I will 100% not be back if there's another season.

Of course Elena is quickly welcomed back into the fold. Because she's not an adult or anything, responsible for her own decisions and who needs to earn the family's trust again. No, poor little Elena was tricked ... Oh, please.

This is the dumbest drug cartel ever. Stupid Emma, Bobby, John Ross have all managed to find their hideout pretty damn easily.

Gotta love Pam basically rolling her eyes at John Ross' big heroic move. I think she was speaking for the audience.

The dialogue with Orestes - and Luis holding a gun on Nicoquin holding a gun on John Ross - was so stupid I laughed out loud.

Elena repeatedly shooting Nicoquin, while he was all "no worries, Ellie, I'm just gonna limp out this here door ..." was vaguely amusing. But I still hate them both.

Pammy's getting screwed over again. Oh, joy. Not.

So Bobby gets to mourn " dead" Chris, after about two seconds of the family getting to be happy. I like Bobby, and was actually starting to like Chris, so this just sucks.

More Ryland family shit ... Sorry, I'm still not buying the whitewashing of Harris' character this past season. I guess we're supposed to forget what a controlling wacko he was for Emma's entire life? And that he let Annie think her kid was DEAD? For YEARS?

Did anyone bother to bring poor, raped Emma to a fucking hospital?! Good God, with this show.

• Love 2

I'm going to be really angry if  a legacy Ewing is dead, and  not only is Ramos's staying but they're adding to the family tree by Elena being pregnant. Plus more Ryland nonsense too.

This show is Dallas, it should be about the Ewings. Bringing in a long lost JR child is a good start, but why not bring in the ones that are actually history to the show? James and Jimmy (either as child or grandchild). 

• Love 4

I personally cheered when Mr. Save the Day became a crispy critter. No loss there as far as I'm concerned. Also, I have been reading reports that Jesse Metcalfe's Twitter is confirming that his character is dead. I think it's way too early to bet against both Pamela opening up a can of whoop ass or her and John Ross teaming up again. They are just too great characters to waste. I can even get on board with Nicholas still lurking around. And I am betting that Pamela will be letting her daddy out of jail any time. I still love Bobby and Sue Ellen and it was obvious to me that from the first time that Emma met Luis that he was going to jump her if he got the opportunity. Judith Light is just so damn good, the look she gave Bobby and Sue Ellen when the elevator doors closed was like the cat who just ate the canary. Finally, Josh Henderson is so much fun to watch, I especially loved the line about being worse than his daddy. And I was impressed with his song, I only wish that we would have heard more of it. My only regret was that Miss I Need to Eat a Sandwich wasn't in the car with Christopher when it blew up.

Just checked the Twitter story, he did thank everyone for supporting him the last 3 years, but he ended it with #ripChristopher ;)

Now see, the wink irks me. If you say you are going to kill off a Ewing, then do it, PERIOD.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 3

Oh, GrumpyMonkey, you are so right about JohnRoss bawling in the elevator. I was jumping his ass, telling him to grow a pair and that if JR saw that weenie whiney crap he'd knock him into next week. I don't think JR cried even when his Mama died. And I WAS there!

Did get a kick out of the JohnRoss/Judith elevator departure though.

For the life of me, I don't know why Anne & Emma just can't go away and stay gone. Neither character brings a damn thing to the table.

Oh well I'll piss & moan, but I'll watch until the end.

• Love 2

One more thought, I think it was incredibly stupid to air this finale tonight. Whoever's in charge of scheduling ought to be shot. This show needed to come back a week earlier than it did so that the finale aired last week. It doesn't stand a chance against tonight's Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist season premieres in the ratings. Both of which I dvr'd along with Gotham I might add.

Edited by missbonnie

SISTER? SISTER??? What. The. Fuck? Unless they're talking about Cally's child, and what in the blue hell would any child of that annoying hillbilly have to offer, other than maybe the proper pronunciation of "We was just funnin' ya!"?

Other annoyances:

John Ross, please explain to all of us how Ewing Global, which was Barnes Global up until a year ago, could POSSIBLY be considered your "birthright." I dare ya. I double-dog dare ya.

A quick primer for those too young to remember all this on the original series: the original Ewing Oil was broken up a year or two after the dream season as part of a convoluted plot wherein JR's dirty dealings finally got the company closed down by the Justice Department. They auctioned off everything, took 1/3 for themselves, then split the remaining proceeds amongst everyone who owned Ewing Oil stock, with JR and Bobby getting the lion's share. Each brother started his own company (JR's was named "JRE Enterprises," and Bobby's was named "Petroleum Group Dallas"), and Bobby (who eventually took JR back as a junior partner of sorts) finally bribed the right people to be able to get the name "Ewing Oil" back from the government. Later, wracked with grief over his new wife April's death, he sold the company to JR's ex-girlfriend Lee Ann De La Vega, who eventually sold it to Bobby's sister-in-law Michelle Stevens. She ended up selling half of it to Cliff and the other half to JR, unbeknownst to the other. This led to an all-time great scene with JR and Cliff looking at each and slowing saying in unison "You and I...are PARTNERS???"

Anyway, JR correctly decided that this iteration of "Ewing Oil" was no longer his daddy's company (it wasn't), and sold his half to Cliff as part of a scheme to become the new chairman of Weststar (a big multinational oil company), but was foiled at the last minute by Sue Ellen's old boyfriend (and JR's stepbrother) Dusty Farlow.

The point is that "Ewing Global" was NEVER JR's company and certainly was not the company Jock Ewing founded. John Ross has no legitimate reason to think of it as his "birthright," and this is yet another example of Cidre's crappy-ass retconning.

In addition: Pambecca tries to undercut John Ross by buying Ewing Global back, but is herself undercut by Bobby and Sue Ellen. Unless this is a measure of Pambecca's mental state, this isn't remotely close to anything JR did to Cliff or what Jock was accused of doing to Digger.

Speaking of Cliff, did he or did he not just kind of vanish this season? Combined with KK's absence from Twitter (he used to actively tweet during the show, even answering one of my tweets once, but hasn't touched his account in well over a year), I wonder if he has some health issues his family's keeping under wraps.

And given Jordana Brewster's obvious eating issues, did we REALLY need to see a shot of her character doing the technicolor yawn?

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 5

Cidre is incredibly cocky about season four so in assuming someone at TNT told her at some point she was getting it.

Also Cidre, I think it's safe to say that nobody is going to be surprise when John Ross ends up being the father.

Dreading the Elena/Emma centric season four already.

Edited by Chas411

If you say you are going to kill off a Ewing, then do it, PERIOD.

They did. Here's Metcalfe's quote: "In classic Dallas fashion the producers and writers needed a season ending shocker. After three great years, I was ready to move on and pursue other projects. It culminated in the perfect opportunity to surprise fans and deliver that shocking twist. I enjoyed my time on Dallas and am grateful for the opportunity to work with Warner Bros and TNT, and I wish the cast and crew all the very best!"

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/23/dallas-season-3-finale-christopher-dead/

Jesus. There's an interview with Cidre on the media thread where she discusses his death and plans for season four. And yes, it is as bad as you imagine.

I feel like Emma/Elena are characters that Cidre likes to see herself in. Pamela must remind her of some bitch in high school or something.

Such a waste of Gonzalos time and talent.

• Love 2

They did. Here's Metcalfe's quote: "In classic Dallas fashion the producers and writers needed a season ending shocker. After three great years, I was ready to move on and pursue other projects. It culminated in the perfect opportunity to surprise fans and deliver that shocking twist. I enjoyed my time on Dallas and am grateful for the opportunity to work with Warner Bros and TNT, and I wish the cast and crew all the very best!"

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/23/dallas-season-3-finale-christopher-dead/

Good, I hope it sticks, and I have to say that I lol'd at the technicolor yawn comment. I will have to remember that one.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 1

I loved John Ross' breakdown in the elevator. Henderson was terrific this episode. I have no problem with him crying because he is BOTH his parents son. O would watch another season just doe John Ross, Bobby, Sue Ellen and Mama Ryland.

Christopher dies but Elena lives? Fuck off Cidre.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

Oh, GrumpyMonkey, you are so right about JohnRoss bawling in the elevator. I was jumping his ass, telling him to grow a pair and that if JR saw that weenie whiney crap he'd knock him into next week. I don't think JR cried even when his Mama died. And I WAS there!

The ONLY time OLE JR cried was when Jock died, and even then, he looked at the sky, with tears welling, but not falling. It was poignant...sad....it your RIGHT THERE in the gut and heart, because we all knew it was also a goodbye to Jim Davis who had passed away a year earlier.

I haven't seen the episodes (Sleepy Hollow! Hellz yeah!) but just based on the comments, Cidre can just fuck off already. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out of her ass that Christopher didn't really die, and bring him back recast...you know like Steven on Dynasty, because, bein' all burnt up, don'tchaknow, or like a new Pammy, after she was in that gasoline 'splosion.

Sure, Metcalf is gone, doesn't mean Christopher is.

Just sayin'.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Sure, Metcalf is gone, doesn't mean Christopher is.

Just sayin'.

Nope. Christopher is gone. Here's Word of God herself (from the above link): "We always thought it had to be somebody important who the audience would miss. It couldn’t be Bobby or Sue Ellen or somebody might kill me. It narrowed the choices. There were really only two choices who had the impact and with Larry [Hagman] gone, John Ross has been carrying the show. If people really work backwards from who the choices are, it’s not that hard to figure out."

Gotta love the tacit admission that everyone's "meh" at best about the Ramos clan, the Rylands or any of her characters. She also said they had to go back to TNT and ask for another $100K to film the explosion, and I doubt TNT would do that if there were any plans to have Christopher pop up again and say "Hi!" Christopher Ewing is now taking the dirt nap, or will be as soon as they can find all the pieces.

And when John Ross and Judith Ryland (why DOES 2/3 of the Ryland clan have the same first names as their actors?) flounced off together after the big reveal, was I the only one getting a Myra Breckinridge vibe? May-December flings are one thing, but this would be May and December...OF NEXT YEAR. Emma's gonna love that John Ross might be boning her grandmother.

• Love 2

Christopher can always be brought back in a later season.  This is, after all, the show that killed off Bobby and brought him back as a dream of Pam, and blew up Pam and brought her back with a (poorly received) recast.  All they need to do to rewrite Christopher's death is say that Cliff's henchmen snatched Christopher out of the car before it exploded and have him stashed somewhere.

I think Bobby needs a child and not child replacements in the form of John Ross and Emma.  Although it would be nice to see Bobby and Emma getting closer, with Bobby influencing her for the good.  Time to bring in Lucas.

The Christopher character just wasn't working out.  Bobby was fulfilling the good guy foil role to John Ross's bad guy and the character was only really interacting with Bobby, Elena and John Ross (and with John Ross less and less; see Bobby above).  I don't know whether it's because the writers were more excited about writing for John Ross or if the actor simply couldn't handle it or both.

Christopher could've been interacting with Sue Ellen (as his biological aunt);

With Emma (as his step-sister);

With Pamela (mourning the loss of the babies together...re-navigating their relationship to each other as COUSINS);

With Cliff (wondering why Cliff did this to him, his nephew).

Instead Christopher spent all of his time this season playing Cap'n Save A Ho to worthless female characters, warning worthless Elena that Nicoquin was a BAD BAD MAN and barking at John Ross about how useless he was.

I think the viewers will miss the character of Christopher Ewing, but I don't think the other characters besides Bobby and Sue Ellen will care that much.  Pamela might shed a tear, John Ross will shrug, Annie will put on a pot of tea and have concerned looks for Bobby and Sue Ellen and Elena will make Christopher's death ALL.ABOUT.HER.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 6

Idon't blame Jesse for wanting to leave.  His character was given zilth to do besides playing Captain Save a Ho while Henderson got more screen time due to being JR's son.  What pisses me the fuck off is that he was sacrificied for Skeletor.  And you can bet she's carrying John Ross' kid so guess what she kinda wins again doesn't she?  Elena will be the central female character now and it sucks.  Meanwhile Julie's been backburnered and marginalized with Pamela getting verbally bitchsmacked by John Ross calling her a whore when it was OK to be screwing Emma.  I was like "John Ross, you are scum and a hypocrite. I honestly thought Pamela was going to be the one dead when she left on the elevator and I really thought John Ross would find her body when he got in later on.  Frankly, Jullie should be talking to her agent about better projects. 

I really don't care if the show comes back because Elena's going to be around, Emma's probably going to be with John Ross now that Pamela's been kicked to the curb, the Harris' are going to be in play and Nicholas will probably come back too.  The show lost it's core in dealing with the Ewings and the Barnes and the John Ross/Pamela marriage, the one relationship I enjoyed, is as dead as Christopher in the car.  There is nothing to look forward to for me anymore.  As soon as John Ross said "Find my sister" I was like "I'm out, enough already."

JG deserves better.  She's goind to be on the sidelines in favor of Emma and Elena.  Another reason I'm out. 

• Love 4

Good Lord, I forgot about the sister! There is no FUCKING sister. This is a purely retcon, made up for shit because she's so determined to have her own fucking show, but label it Dallas, with a few of the originals that she can ease on out, to have her CANE II no matter what, by HACK Cidre.

And I see no reason why the cast couldn't do their own projects while this show was on hiatus.  And really my point was what drivethroo said.

It's not impossible with the timeline but I doubt it. They had her have sex with John Ross for a reason. I suppose it's only right. She dicked both cousins around, screwed the family over and was indirectly responsible for Chris's death. Since she's Elena though it's only right she should produce John Ross's heir, be welcomed into the family ( forgiven without her even apologising) and get her happy ending.

Meanwhile Pamela gets fucked by everyone as usual.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 2

The person, besides John Ross, that Pamela should be furious with is Elena.  Because Elena was butthurt about being dumped by Christopher, she set in motion a chain of events that led to Pamela losing her company, justice for her unborn children, a dead 1st cousin/ex and a shambles of a marriage.  But Elena got Digger's land back so it's totes ok!

So if Elena MUST stay on the show, I need for Miss Pamela to bring the pain onto Elena.  And if Elena's baby is John Ross's? Yes, hunny, bring the pain.

• Love 7

It would be poetic justice if she's carrying Nicolas's kid.  Really, that would be karma after letting Drew go and aiding him after killing Pamela' and Christopher's kids.  Jesus, why was he hugging her after all that instead of putting a bullet in her head is beyond me.  He was like "You have me" or some shit.  I guess Elena can do anything she wants to.  When she and Chrisopher entered the house no one called her on her shit or mentioned her betrayal at all.  At least Emma made amends but she was raped too, something that would never happen to Queen Elena.  That angered me so much what happened to her. 

So Pamela, like I said before, lost her children, her husband, and was screwed out of her company while being called a whore and Emma's violated in a bathroon by a drug kingpin.  That is why Elena having Nic's kid would be actual consequences.  But it will be John Ross's and she will be treated like a star because of it.  Hell, they'll say it's ushering in a new peace in the family or some crap like that. 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure I'm out after this.

I almost threw up when Cidre was going on about Emma and John Ross' bond. Where the hell did this bond come from?

Everything that happened last night was the result of Elena's stupidity, she went along with Nicholas, she knew what he was and what he was doing but now that it went to shit she wants to play the victim, as per usual. She caused all this, but what do we get? Elena being saved and coddled while Emma and Pamela are raped and called a whore. Cidre is officially primetime's answer to Jill Farren Phelps.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Emma ended up pregnant as well, with John Ross offering to be the child's father.

• Love 3