Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I hope spelling is her only issue when it comes to essential language skills. Imagine the outcome if (when?) she misreads some of the ingredients for the infamous “stalk”? I don’t think I’d hire her as a chef….

• LOL 11
33 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I hope spelling is her only issue when it comes to essential language skills. Imagine the outcome if (when?) she misreads some of the ingredients for the infamous “stalk”? I don’t think I’d hire her as a chef….

Even more frightening, last I heard she intended to carve herself a career in the medical field.  With an unpalatable dish there are options, send it back to the kitchen, leave it on the table, or eat it and suffer the digestive consequences.

If she can't be bothered to proof-read her public Instagram postings or utilize spellcheck, how can she be expected to be precise when administering medications.  The results could be fatal.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Even more frightening, last I heard she intended to carve herself a career in the medical field.

Harkens back to me ER days when a BEMT brought in a patient.  His notes said that the patient had a "poss broking ackle".  Needless to say we never paid much attention to anything he wrote since it was pretty much indecipherable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Even more frightening, last I heard she intended to carve herself a career in the medical field.  With an unpalatable dish there are options, send it back to the kitchen, leave it on the table, or eat it and suffer the digestive consequences.

If she can't be bothered to proof-read her public Instagram postings or utilize spellcheck, how can she be expected to be precise when administering medications.  The results could be fatal.

My niece is a nurse.  She said the studying that she had to do right there at the end, was brutal.  She was in a study group.  One of the lady's parents had a really nice RV.  She would invite everyone there to study so they were not bothered by studying.  My sister basically watched her child for a month.  But she passed the schools test and then she said the state exam wasn't as hard.  But she said without that quite place to study, she doesn't know if she would have been able to pass.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's dumb, even for Mykelti.  

If Maddie and Mykelti ever have dinner together, the menu would be chicken cordon blue simmered in chicken stalk.

22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That's dumb, even for Mykelti.  

If Maddie and Mykelti ever have dinner together, the menu would be chicken cordon blue simmered in chicken stalk.

And Plexus 🤪

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This post again shows why I sincerely hope she is not going into any health-related field.  Spelling errors could kill someone.

If Maddie actually finishes school and gets a job, I'll be shocked. She seems to do a lot of things half-assed. I'm betting baby #3 will soon be on the way and school will conveniently be put on hold. There will always be an excuse. 

While I don't like Meri, she may have been correct in her assessment of Maddie's work ethic. Even the Plexus selling is half-assed compared to the effort Janelle and Christine are making. We see a lot of Maddie on the couch in sweats on Instagram. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I doubt Maddie will ever finish school too. And if she does, she won't work in her chosen field..too lazy. Aspyn took 6 years to get a degree, and what has she done with it? Nothing. These girls were not raised to work outside of their homes I don't think?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

If Maddie actually finishes school and gets a job, I'll be shocked. She seems to do a lot of things half-assed. I'm betting baby #3 will soon be on the way and school will conveniently be put on hold. There will always be an excuse. 

While I don't like Meri, she may have been correct in her assessment of Maddie's work ethic. Even the Plexus selling is half-assed compared to the effort Janelle and Christine are making. We see a lot of Maddie on the couch in sweats on Instagram. 

Totally agree with you and it's such a shame... No, not referring to the fact that she's a stay-at-home mom (I've done that for a few years too) But I'm referring to the fact that she's starting a lot without actually finishing anything. Girl, make a decision: for financial reasons (studying costs money) and for your self-esteem. Starting and failing doesn't do you any good. Stay at home, be a good mom to your kids. Nothing wrong with that. Take studying or your career back up when you're fully ready.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My niece is a nurse.  She said the studying that she had to do right there at the end, was brutal.  She was in a study group.  One of the lady's parents had a really nice RV.  She would invite everyone there to study so they were not bothered by studying.  My sister basically watched her child for a month.  But she passed the schools test and then she said the state exam wasn't as hard.  But she said without that quite place to study, she doesn't know if she would have been able to pass.

Medical fields are no joke. Anyone who’s been in that field knows it’s constant learning and continuing education—it doesn’t stop with your degree, certification or license to practice. 

I don’t see Maddie as having the chops to succeed in that field. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 11/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, ginger90 said:

Maddie did a Q&A in her stories.

When asked about school she said, “I’m biology right now. I was pre-nursing but I’m iffy there so I’m going to choose a choice that allows me to keep choosing. So I’m biology right now I’m looking at nutrition.”.

Yes this is an accurate quote.

2 more questions:

8A6FBEDA-D369-45B4-B2BE-B16143C827AB.jpeg

6CD0F3BC-3E4C-453B-BFA9-769539AFE9A5.jpeg

Just bringing  this forward to show what she says she’s studying.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 1/25/2022 at 7:29 PM, CalicoKitty said:

How could a "family" with 3 mothers not notice?

And 3 older babies, so comparisons would be obvious. Did they wait until Mykelti was born before they noticed that 7-month old Maddie was the same size?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

And 3 older babies, so comparisons would be obvious. Did they wait until Mykelti was born before they noticed that 7-month old Maddie was the same size?

It's typical for what they do isn't it?  At least it was with Truely  (where I put the blame mostly on Kody) but a lethargic toddler is always a reason to call a doctor, particularly if there is no fever!

They also let Dayton walk around for some time before he got the eye surgery he so needed. Somewhere in the back of my mind there is some story about Maddie needing an appendectomy which apparently also was a close call. This may be a pre-show thing though but it was addressed at one point.

And since we're talking about Maddie; someone who so obviously struggles at birth (drama queen or not) should have been referred to hospital and not kept at home to give birth the way God (and Kody's cash book) intended. This is the 21st century for God's sake! There was no reason to let her meddle around for days when it was obvious she couldn't cope! 

• Love 8

As a remedial teacher, I’m always intrigued by spelling mistakes and I have tried to find explanations for Maddies awkward spelling mistakes like her KN-microwave and her cabnent…The KN could be a simple typo as you can easily hit the k when trying to get the i.

The cabnent confuses me more. It cannot be explained as a keyboard typo. (I’ll skip my keyboard analysis here) It also has nothing to do with sounding, complicated words or difficult letter combinations. And without the picture in the background, few people would immediately guess the word cabinet. It’s just a very odd mistake. And she makes those odd mistakes a lot!  It could have something to do with speed and lack of concentration but that wouldn’t be enough to explain the jibberish she is capable of…..

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

As a remedial teacher, I’m always intrigued by spelling mistakes and I have tried to find explanations for Maddies awkward spelling mistakes like her KN-microwave and her cabnent…The KN could be a simple typo as you can easily hit the k when trying to get the i.

The cabnent confuses me more. It cannot be explained as a keyboard typo. (I’ll skip my keyboard analysis here) It also has nothing to do with sounding, complicated words or difficult letter combinations. And without the picture in the background, few people would immediately guess the word cabinet. It’s just a very odd mistake. And she makes those odd mistakes a lot!  It could have something to do with speed and lack of concentration but that wouldn’t be enough to explain the jibberish she is capable of…..

Maybe she is spelling the word as she pronounces it and she does not say it correctly?

• Love 11

Christine pronounces library as liberry, so perhaps she pronounces cabinet as cabnent.  I noticed some of Mykelti's misspellings correspond to her mispronunciations.  They probably don't understand why so many of their words are underlined with squiggly red lines and just ignore them rather than correct them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 2/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, Sandy W said:

I think her spelling isn't a problem with charting. My daughter is a NICU nurse and is dyslexic and does just fine. 

I am a retired nurse. I don't think Maddie will like nursing. She doesn't seem to have much patience and she will need it in nursing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She gave up the nursing idea a while ago.

And law.  And midwifery.

Not sure what the focus is now.  That said, a stay at home mother with special needs kids is a very honorable career.

• Love 22
17 hours ago, LilyD said:

It's typical for what they do isn't it?  At least it was with Truely  (where I put the blame mostly on Kody) but a lethargic toddler is always a reason to call a doctor, particularly if there is no fever!

They also let Dayton walk around for some time before he got the eye surgery he so needed. Somewhere in the back of my mind there is some story about Maddie needing an appendectomy which apparently also was a close call. This may be a pre-show thing though but it was addressed at one point.

And since we're talking about Maddie; someone who so obviously struggles at birth (drama queen or not) should have been referred to hospital and not kept at home to give birth the way God (and Kody's cash book) intended. This is the 21st century for God's sake! There was no reason to let her meddle around for days when it was obvious she couldn't cope! 

What is even worse, in my opinion, is that Maddie knew ahead of time that her daughter would be born with multiple anomalies, and still opted for a home birth. That was an unconscionable decision in my book.

• Love 20

@CalicoKitty where I'm from, home birth is highly encouraged, done a lot and midwife-guided. If either mother or child has a medical condition, it's no option and neither is a birth center. Maddie would have had every single check up with an OB and a hospital delivery.  

I have wondered about TLC's involvement regarding this. Would they have encouraged this because they were afraid to miss out on "interesting" footage in a high care hospital ward? Or were they not involved at all? I'm curious about liability and contracts. What if something went wrong during filming? Who would be liable? Why did that birthing center accept such a high risk delivery in the first place??

Of all the questionable  Brown-decisions in Sister Wives, Evie's birth definitely deserves a top 3 ranking! If only because they were taking high and unnecessary risks with a child that was known to have serious medical issues.

• Love 11

As for Maddie's spelling mistakes: Thanks for your input! With sounding I indeed meant spelling a word out as it sounds, like what she did in @ginger90's post (Slowing down for there sake) But cabnent doesn't sound like that at all. I hadn't thought of the fact that she also makes strange pronunciation mistakes... I should pay more attention to that next time!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And law.  And midwifery.

Not sure what the focus is now.  That said, a stay at home mother with special needs kids is a very honorable career.

I get into her crap at times, but Maddie does have a lot on her plate.  I wish her the best with her schooling, but quit selling the Unicorn pee!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Maddie just doesn't seem to be all that book smart. I think many college courses will be more than she can handle. Maybe she can find some sort of trade school that fits her ability better? Nothing wrong with that, and many jobs from there are really well paying too. Not everyone is college material.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I get into her crap at times, but Maddie does have a lot on her plate.  I wish her the best with her schooling, but quit selling the Unicorn pee!

I think it’s normal to switch focus areas and majors—it may take time to find the right fit for her. Regarding biology, however, there’s a lot of Latin and Greek and she can’t use “there their or they’re” properly so, that might be a challenge for her if she continues down that road. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

As for Maddie's spelling mistakes: Thanks for your input! With sounding I indeed meant spelling a word out as it sounds, like what she did in @ginger90's post (Slowing down for there sake) But cabnent doesn't sound like that at all. I hadn't thought of the fact that she also makes strange pronunciation mistakes... I should pay more attention to that next time!

It could be dictation errors. Apple dictation does that on purpose, I'm convinced. They certainly could use contextual spell check if they wanted to.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

It could be dictation errors. Apple dictation does that on purpose, I'm convinced. They certainly could use contextual spell check if they wanted to.

Oh it happens all the time, but most people correct it. I remember once dictating “law enforcement” and it heard “Lawn Forssman”.

It still hears that but it now corrects itself so I don’t have to. But, it’s ultimately up to the person dictating to make sure it is all correct. Sometimes the mistakes can be pretty funny though. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh it happens all the time, but most people correct it. I remember once dictating “law enforcement” and it heard “Lawn Forssman”.

It still hears that but it now corrects itself so I don’t have to. But, it’s ultimately up to the person dictating to make sure it is all correct. Sometimes the mistakes can be pretty funny though. 

But sometimes, I just hit send and figure that people understand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

But sometimes, I just hit send and figure that people understand.

When texting by phone to friends and family, I'll frequently neglect to shift to the other keyboard to achieve the capital letters required or abbreviate words to "c u later".

The difference is that Maddie is using her Instagram as a platform to garner followers and potential customers for whatever product she is selling at the time.  Looking at her Instagram posts would not inspire me to purchase anything from her.  If she is careless enough not to bother proof-reading her public postings, I wouldn't feel confident that she would get the quantity ordered or shipping label right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

When texting by phone to friends and family, I'll frequently neglect to shift to the other keyboard to achieve the capital letters required or abbreviate words to "c u later".

The difference is that Maddie is using her Instagram as a platform to garner followers and potential customers for whatever product she is selling at the time.  Looking at her Instagram posts would not inspire me to purchase anything from her.  If she is careless enough not to bother proof-reading her public postings, I wouldn't feel confident that she would get the quantity ordered or shipping label right.

I get it. I am impulsive and a little ADD and sometimes I don't bother to look either. On twitter it means a lot of deletes. So, you would think I would stop doing it, but I don't

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

I get it. I am impulsive and a little ADD and sometimes I don't bother to look either. On twitter it means a lot of deletes. So, you would think I would stop doing it, but I don't

I'm a little OCD, probably a direct result of old-time elementary schooling where your knuckles were literally rapped with a ruler for spellink and grammer misteaks. 😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

@CalicoKitty where I'm from, home birth is highly encouraged, done a lot and midwife-guided. If either mother or child has a medical condition, it's no option and neither is a birth center. Maddie would have had every single check up with an OB and a hospital delivery.  

I have wondered about TLC's involvement regarding this. Would they have encouraged this because they were afraid to miss out on "interesting" footage in a high care hospital ward? Or were they not involved at all? I'm curious about liability and contracts. What if something went wrong during filming? Who would be liable? Why did that birthing center accept such a high risk delivery in the first place??

Of all the questionable  Brown-decisions in Sister Wives, Evie's birth definitely deserves a top 3 ranking! If only because they were taking high and unnecessary risks with a child that was known to have serious medical issues.

Without knowing actual, written facts, I am sure that $$$ was one of the main incentives, and that TLC encouraged her because they would have very limited, if any, opportunity to film if she delivered in a hospital.  I doubt they would have shared any liability.  Evy has FATCO syndrome, which very often includes cardiac problems.  Her heart may have looked ok in the scans, but it was not a risk that should have been taken, in my opinion.  But she opted for risking her child's health as well as a very painful delivery for her share of the pie.   I'm just glad there were no fatal outcomes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6