Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, sandals said:

Spelling really is an issue with this bunch. 😜

Consider that their primary education occurred under the tutelage of Christine, who may not have known better herself.  I'm sure she made the lessons a fun experience, but no knuckle-rapping for spellink errors.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Santa’s secret stripper girlfriend? 

20 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Who is Candy Cains and why are you letting her explore the wilderness with your kids, Maddie? 🤣

Not kidding, I worked with a woman named Candy Rock who got married and was then Candy Cain.

• LOL 19
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Not kidding, I worked with a woman named Candy Rock who got married and was then Candy Cain.

Well apparently she now works as a Children's Wilderness Guide in Oklahoma.

It's always nice to re-connect with someone when it's the Holiday Season, isn't it. 🤪

• LOL 23

She seems like a plucky little thing considering her issues.  But the good thing is that they made the decision to do the amputation when she was quite small so she never knew the difference.  When they are little like that they don't have the challenges that kids do with body part alteration later in life.

• Love 23

They are adorable children and Maddie seems like a reasonably good mother. I just pray she's not giving those kids Plexus.

I'm continually amazed at how functional most of Kody Brown's children are.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, she has,  “started the process of going blonde “.

0A192058-28FE-4E80-AF81-26326F340C5B.jpeg

Well if it's true that "Blondes DO have more fun than Brunettes", maybe she'll drop the "woe is me" attitude to life.

Edited by Sandy W
spelling. LOL, wrote fund instead of fun. Maybe blondes have more funds too.
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

This brown and the red have looked fake, so now she's trying fake blonde?  Her poor kids probably won't recognize her. Has she ever seen her natural hair colour since she was ~14?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, sheshark said:

What IS her natural color?

It’s blonde. She did an Instagram story about it a while ago. She was showing the blonde growing in, and said she wished it was gray. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 1/3/2022 at 8:16 PM, Sandy W said:

Well if it's true that "Blondes DO have more fun than Brunettes", maybe she'll drop the "woe is me" attitude to life.

For her, blonde will be a challenge from years of box dye (even though it’s her natural color), but it’s possible if it’s done by a seasoned professional. Probably will need a couple bleach sessions and LOTS of Olaplex. 

The black shade did not complement her, so this will likely be a good thing. It sounds like she understands that it will be a “process”, that’s good also. Many women have unrealistic expectations, like becoming platinum after one session. Nope—it’ll be red-orange and then yellow and then—if you still have hair—a  nice blonde. 

But it’s possible. Billie Eilish’s blonde transformation was amazing (and then she went brown). The blonde looked SO good on her. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

For her, blonde will be a challenge from years of box dye (even though it’s her natural color), but it’s possible if it’s done by a seasoned professional. Probably will need a couple bleach sessions and LOTS of Olaplex. 

The black shade did not complement her, so this will likely be a good thing. It sounds like she understands that it will be a “process”, that’s good also. Many women have unrealistic expectations, like becoming platinum after one session. Nope—it’ll be red-orange and then yellow and then—if you still have hair—a  nice blonde. 

But it’s possible. Billie Eilish’s blonde transformation was amazing (and then she went brown). The blonde looked SO good on her. 

What was it called a few years ago when it was trendy to have blond hair with about an inch of dark roots?  Maybe Maddie could be fashion forward and do the reverse.  I had naturally reddish brown hair (chestnut?) and noticed that new growth was coming in white, I never did have salt and pepper grey, so I just kept it short and toughed it out for a few months until it was uniformly white all over.  So much easier to care for, periodic toners and purple shampoos keep it looking reasonably good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

What was it called a few years ago when it was trendy to have blond hair with about an inch of dark roots?  Maybe Maddie could be fashion forward and do the reverse.  I had naturally reddish brown hair (chestnut?) and noticed that new growth was coming in white, I never did have salt and pepper grey, so I just kept it short and toughed it out for a few months until it was uniformly white all over.  So much easier to care for, periodic toners and purple shampoos keep it looking reasonably good.

You’re so lucky to have all white hair! Mine is naturally dark and I started going prematurely gray in my late 20s—it SUCKED. Mine is not a pretty white shade. Currently I’m considering going “expensive silver” because dark hair upkeep is ridiculous. I’ve transitioned myself to a lighter shade using conditioning bleaches followed by toners, but I don’t have 6 arms or eyes in the back of my head to get the look I want so eventually, I’ll need a colorist (and $400). 

I’m not sure what just an inch of growth is called—I know the grown-out look is called ombré—like when your hair is lightened from summer and in winter, the darker hair grows out. Nowadays, as far as roots go, colorists often do a “root smudge” to make lightened locks look more natural and to avoid “hot roots” (when your roots are lighter/yellow than the rest of the hair from bleaching). Hot roots are never a good look! 

Back to Maddie—if she just grows her hair out, it’ll be yucky for a while with her length. She’ll need to chop it if she does that, and maybe she’d be adorable with a pixie cut! 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Agree. Mine started coming in white and I finally found a “colorist” to take the color out knowing it could be a process. Luckily all my color came out leaving me with white roots and some yellow where the color was. Purple shampoo and an inexpensive L’Oreal gloss make it all look white and glittery. It is such a relief not to worry about roots. Maddie could see an expert to help the process along 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Agree. Mine started coming in white and I finally found a “colorist” to take the color out knowing it could be a process. Luckily all my color came out leaving me with white roots and some yellow where the color was. Purple shampoo and an inexpensive L’Oreal gloss make it all look white and glittery. It is such a relief not to worry about roots. Maddie could see an expert to help the process along 

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for the L'Oreal gloss.

• Love 5
On 1/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, ginger90 said:

It’s blonde. She did an Instagram story about it a while ago. She was showing the blonde growing in, and said she wished it was gray. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She will be all gray sooner than she thinks 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DE63A14A-9B33-41D2-8CA0-D088E90B0C63.jpeg

Eh, I can’t pick on her for this one. My own fingernails are kept trimmed to the nub and occasionally, I find myself nibbling on the tougher skin around them. I do a lot of rough stuff to my hands/fingers and nails would just break. In the summer when doing archaeology, the last thing I want is something for dirt to get under (and not come out). 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

What does she expect when she posts everything on SM. She wants comments but only the good ones. 

THIS!

If Maddie didn't post her every waking thought on SM, no one would make a single comment about her chewed fingernails. Easy peasy.

She only wants comments that express envy, and people dying to know where she's jetting off to. 🙄 This is the real world, sweetheart. No one gives a shit.

Take a look at the pic before you post it, nitwit. The biggest, most obvious thing in the pic is a big chewed fingernail. So expect comments on it, and stop being a thin-skinned baby. "Picking apart the way I live my life!!!" Over-dramatic hag. Get over yourself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

This is the real world, sweetheart. No one gives a shit.

But, see, here is the sad part that defines society. People DO care, they eagerly watch for postings from those they adore and want to emulate - even people as vapid as the Browns.  It's a sad commentary on the world today.  For every comment that Maddie doesn't like and blocks, there are dozens of obsequious and adoring remarks.

The one who spouts meaningless platitudes about being  a "strong woman" makes a living off shilling crappy scraps of stinky clothing to adoring fans.  It's actually kind of frightening.  There are people who ignore or challenge the  science of vaccines because of one their ignorant sports fans or movie stars made a stupid statement against them.

Influencers are going to be the death of us, I swear. 

Edited by Cetacean
one more thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But, see, here is the sad part that defines society. People DO care, they eagerly watch for postings from those they adore and want to emulate - even people as vapid as the Browns.  It's a sad commentary on the world today.  For every comment that Maddie doesn't like and blocks, there are dozens of obsequious and adoring remarks.

The one who spouts meaningless platitudes about being  a "strong woman" makes a living off shilling crappy scraps of stinky clothing to adoring fans.  It's actually kind of frightening.  There are people who ignore or challenge the  science of vaccines because of one their ignorant sports fans or movie stars made a stupid statement against them.

Influencers are going to be the death of us, I swear. 

I agree with this.  It is a sad, scary thing!  

ETA:  Meri, are you missing a daughter here?  It's strange how Maddie is so much like her so-called "bonus mom."  Thin-skinned and snippy.

Please, yes!  GET OVER YOURSELF!  Both of you!

Edited by xwordfanatik
addition of comments
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

ETA:  Meri, are you missing a daughter here?  It's strange how Maddie is so much like her so-called "bonus mom."  Thin-skinned and snippy.

Honestly, Part of me wants to believe she is Meri’s bio daughter😂. Maddie is so unlike Janelle (apart from some facial looks) and so much like Meri! If Mariah and Maddie hadn’t been like 4 months apart, I would have believed they were twins…

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 1/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, LilyD said:

Honestly, Part of me wants to believe she is Meri’s bio daughter😂. Maddie is so unlike Janelle (apart from some facial looks) and so much like Meri! If Mariah and Maddie hadn’t been like 4 months apart, I would have believed they were twins…

I suspect that is because Meri and Kody are actually quite similar. So Maddie having "traits" that remind you of Meri...is because she is more like Kody than she is Janelle.

Mariah is the perfect storm of combining Meri and Kody...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
On 1/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, xwordfanatik said: 

Please, yes!  GET OVER YOURSELF!  Both of you!

On 1/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, LilyD said:

Years ago on an episode Meri said that she did breast-feed Maddie for a while because Janelle couldn’t produce enough milk. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, BucFan said:

Years ago on an episode Meri said that she did breast-feed Maddie for a while because Janelle couldn’t produce enough milk. 

And Maddie nearly died of failure to thrive and weighed less than her birth weight at 2 (or was it 4?) weeks of age.  If she wasn't going to pay for postnatal care, Janelle could at least have sprung for one of those fish-weight scales they use on Call the Midwife to carefully follow each baby's progress in the first few weeks.  My mother had a proper baby scale, but I was premature and she was a pediatric nurse.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And Maddie nearly died of failure to thrive and weighed less than her birth weight at 2 (or was it 4?) weeks of age.  If she wasn't going to pay for postnatal care, Janelle could at least have sprung for one of those fish-weight scales they use on Call the Midwife to carefully follow each baby's progress in the first few weeks.  My mother had a proper baby scale, but I was premature and she was a pediatric nurse.

IIRC, Maddie was under her birthweight at 6 MONTHS of age.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Kootie saying such at her weddingk.  I would have been beyond worried had that happened to my daughter.

What is she studying now?  I've lost track of her career/courses choice.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, Maddie was under her birthweight at 6 MONTHS of age.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Kootie saying such at her weddingk.

Well, I think the average birth weight of a girl is around 7lb and at 6 months it’s about 10lbs more  (or about 2.5 times their birth weight). Maddie was said to have arrived early, so she was likely less than 7lbs at birth. And if Kody indeed said she was below her birth weight at 6 months, she’d be 5 or 6lbs meaning she would have been severely malnourished!
She would have required immediate medical attention. (Not that he Browns are good at sorting that out)  I’d say this is an unlikely story Kodouche conjured up there. If it holds any truth then the Browns should be very grateful for Maddie to have survived and for them to have escaped charges of child neglect!

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 12

The only thing I could find referencing Maddie’s weight was that she hadn’t gained weight in the first 6 months. Did it take 6 months to notice, and react?

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The only thing I could find referencing Maddie’s weight was that she hadn’t gained weight in the first 6 months. Did it take 6 months to notice, and react?

This is what I remember, too.  I was wondering how it took so long to notice that she was not gaining weight.  I guess it does happen, though.  I took care of a newborn in the NICU whose mother had development mental issues and was being followed by an agency.  The mom finally took the baby home, and then forgot to feed her.  The baby's obit was in the paper after about 4 weeks.  But this mom was not able to care for herself.  How could a "family" with 3 mothers not notice?

• Love 2