Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: It's Called The Octopus

A high-end sex club is investigated by the team when Annalise takes on a new client. Meanwhile, a new motive surfaces in the case against two wealthy siblings accused of killing their parents; and Wes finds an unexpected ally.

Damn, Annalise...that was cold. In front of her kids.

"I've got a gun! And I've called the police! But I'm shitfaced drunk so you've got an advantage."

Oh man... crossover flashback. Tonia, the woman on trial for the death of someone during sex who wanted to open a holistic healing spa (or whatever it's cover theme was for the sex club), she played a crazy woman on Law & Order: Criminal Intent who was into holistic stuff, on the verge of voodoo. She would poison people with her potions after getting all their money.

Asher is in over his head. Both with his new girlfriend, and with his spy game. Now Bonnie's pissed.

Rebecca is Eggs. And Michaela's new boyfriend is her foster brother. I need to keep notes just to keep up.

I think the maid did it.

WTF with Nate & Wes??? And the Scooby gang??

• Love 4

Where or what is Trotter Lake and what does it have to do with Asher?

And Rebecca isn't in the show anymore, yet we still can't shake the stink of her.

WTF is going on with Nate and Wes? Was Rebecca that much of a prize? Shit, I've forgotten about her already.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

Sherri Saum - YAY! She'll always be Rachel from OLTL to me, but I digress.

Lots of fun dialogue in this ep.

"You should think about what kind of present you're going to get me as a thank you." Ha!

The shifting alliances on this show could give Empire a run for its money. Now, I gotta keep my eye on the Nate/Wes team-up. Damn!

• Love 3

This show is ridiculous, but I love it. I wonder if Wes told Nate that Annalise set him up so she could protect Wes? Somehow I doubt it.

I still think that Annalise loves Nate as much as she can love anyone other than Wes.

Michaela get your freak on, girl. Get as many orgasms as you can and have no regrets, worry about the foster brother when you find out about that later on.

I was happy that Oliver and Connor finally got to have sex and that was pretty much a declaration of love on Connor's part. They are adorable together.

Asher lying to Bonnie and breaking up with her sad. He is annoying as hell, but I like him.

I hate Laurel drooling over Frank, hate.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I realized tonight that the only thing I even understand about this show is how to perk up when the possibility of Nate sex scenes arises.  I don't even know why (else) I am watching.

So sick of extremely lazy television writers who use the trope of vomiting to show somebody sad, scared, guilty, or upset.  Fuck off!

Michaela should listen to Hailee Steinfeld's new song

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

I was about to call Nate the biggest chump in the world...so thank god for that little twist with Wes. Still not entirely buying it though. Annalise clearly has a bomb sex game - people just keep coming back even when they shouldn't. I thought it was interesting, they used a similar shot both for Annalise and Wes and Annalise and Nate, with them on opposite sides of the door, hesitating. The Wes and Annalise relationship continues to be one of the most fascinating things about this show. 

I don't think the Keating 4 had anything to do with the crime this time. They all seem too calm. It looks like they happened to be there and are escaping the crime scene before the police show up, so no one will know they were there. But unlike with Sam, I don't think they had anything to do with it. It's looking likely that Annalise probably figured out what really happened with the siblings and their parents and went to confront them. The DA who is more obsessed with stalking and besting Annalise than doing her job, probably followed her to the house and got her stupid self killed. 

Speaking of the DA, I'm really interested in what exactly she has on Asher. And the Eggs thing was a bit anti-climatic so I'm thinking there is more to Rebecca's foster brother. Also, I thought Wes told him to stay away from  Michaela. That said, poor Michaela needed to get some so good for her. 

• Love 1

Well, we don't exactly know what Trotter Lake is, but right now I'm imagining a Chappaquiddick-type scenario.

The mirror cinematography with Annalise and Wes on either side of the door, and then later Annalise and Nate on either side of the door, was pretty neat in terms of visually showing a parallel.

I think Wes strongly suspects Annalise knows/was involved with what happened to Rebecca and that it's nothing good, and he knows Nate will want to get Annalise for something criminal.

I really don't understand Annalise's attraction to Nate. I seem to be in the minority, but I really don't like Nate and don't care what happens to him.

Connor and Oliver are adorable.

• Love 6

That wasn't Scott Elrod in the beginning of the episode on the witness stand was it? If it is, he looks damn good on HTGAWM than he does on Young & The Restless. Damn this show has got to stop hiring good looking men. Where are they looking, do they have these men held in a cage somewhere and not releasing them to the world. The gay nympho husband was good looking too.

About time Asher shows some fire and telling that whack DA to get the hell on somewhere. He's finally getting a story though with this Tiffany and what happened at Trotter Lake that he has to go to his father for possible help.

I wonder what Wes has up his sleeve in drawing in Nate to his plans. I guess he's going to try and figure out if Rebecca is dead or not. Hopefully he learns that sooner than later, so they can stop talking about her.

Laurel is still so damn boring. I don't even think Cute Creepy Frank can make her interesting.

I agree, you have to take out a notepad to keep notes on this show at times lol. 

Michaela get them orgasms, get a lifetime supply. I know I would if my ex-fiance never gave me one.

• Love 4

Wait, why is Wes talking to Nate? Did Wes tell Nate that HE killed Sam? I would laugh if Wes' sorry behind goes to jail for Sam's murder, which he should, especially since he killed Sam protecting rat face Rebecca.

• Love 1

I'm confused as fuck!

Did they bug Annalise?

So was the prosector texting Asher all those times?

Asher probably killed that girl.

I want moar!!!!

Nobody bugged Annalise. She apparently dictates notes into a recorder, and Asher stole it to give to Emily so that she'd know what Annalise was planning.

• Love 2

That wasn't Scott Elrod in the beginning of the episode on the witness stand was it? If it is, he looks damn good on HTGAWM than he does on Young & The Restless. Damn this show has got to stop hiring good looking men. Where are they looking, do they have these men held in a cage somewhere and not releasing them to the world. The gay nympho husband was good looking too.

Yes that was him and I said THE SAME DAMN THING. God bless the casting agent of this show 

Man, Annalise was brutal tonight, both with the kids and with Tonia. How did Annalise get away with not only framing the wife, but making sure both didn't have any charges? I mean, I know technically the DA made sure the wife didn't get charged, but still.

You know, I gotta assume it's something bad if Asher's going to his dad for help in covering up Trotter Lake and Tiffany. I can't believe I'm going there, but I'm thinking a possible rape situation? It's the only one I can think of, even if it's Asher. I like Asher, but I'm sure it's not murder and I can't think of any other reason he would need his dad to cover it up, and why Asher reacted so violently at the mention of it. But oh Bonnie, falling for Asher? Really? Her and Laurel's scene was awkward, at best. Maybe it's because I'm not really that invested in Laurel/Frank, or Bonnie/Asher. 

Oh, I do feel bad for Michaela. I do really like NotEggs, AKA Levi, so if he stuck around, I wouldn't be opposed. I like the fact that he pretty much decided to not do what Wes told him to do, and he's sticking with her. 

Ok, thank GOD for that twist with Nate. Otherwise, I'd have to end up hating him for opening the doors for Annalise that quickly. I wonder what him and Wes have planned. Nothing good, I assume. And it probably has everything to do with Rebecca and trying to get Annalise to confess. 

The siblings case keeps getting weirder and weirder.

• Love 1
I'm confused as fuck!

Did they bug Annalise?

LOL, Asher stole her recorder and gave it to the prosecutor.  It was Asher who was in her house when she thought she heard someone and that's when he took it.

And I agree, he must have killed that girl, whatever it is, I can't wait to find out. His dad clearly knows what it is...  I must have been seeing things because before he called dad, I thought the dad was holding hands with the guy that was walking right beside him.

• Love 1

Heh, Annalise dropped her ice cream on the crime scene photo and then tried to scoop it back up with her spoon. I do that too... but without the crime scene photos and the vodka. She sobers up quickly too! She could barely make it up the stairs but had no trouble navigating the dark basement steps.

I'm glad Asher has a secret the others don't know because he's the one who's always kept out of the loop. He doesn't know about Sam or Rebecca and so far, he hasn't appeared in the flashforward either. And... since Asher hasn't been found out yet, maybe he's not as bad at keeping secrets as he thinks he is.

The Michaela and Connor friendship is cute.

So the mess at the mansion where Annalise gets shot is a result of Wes's grand plan to find Rebecca? Figures.

I think the maid did it.

It's the butler! It's always the butler.

• Love 4

Heh, Annalise dropped her ice cream on the crime scene photo and then tried to scoop it back up with her spoon. I do that too... but without the crime scene photos and the vodka.

OK, I laughed at that, and was squicked out by it at the same time. She's scooping up that ice cream off a photo of a bloody body, and all I could think of was that the chemicals used to develop the photo would leave a bad aftertaste in that ice cream.

• Love 4

That wasn't Scott Elrod in the beginning of the episode on the witness stand was it? If it is, he looks damn good on HTGAWM than he does on Young & The Restless. 

I did a re-wind cuz I was confused why Joe Clark was on this show.

And I agree, he must have killed that girl, whatever it is, I can't wait to find out. His dad clearly knows what it is... I must have been seeing things because before he called dad, I thought the dad was holding hands with the guy that was walking right beside him.

I think Asher's Dad was holding hands with a man. When it happened I went back to see it again just to make sure. The guy ran off when he saw Asher.

And I think Asher went to find his Dad because it had something to do with the death of that girl too.

Edited by Uwbadgmad
  • Love 1

I think Asher's Dad was holding hands with a man. When it happened I went back to see it again just to make sure. The guy ran off when he saw Asher.

Just rewatched it, and my take is that Asher's father was shaking the guy's hand as the guy was leaving the office.

The song at the end of the show kept making sounds like somebody farting.  That was very distracting.  I kept expecting the characters to look around and try to figure out who was having gas!

I too thought Nate was such a pushover for being willing to let Annalise back into his life - but then they show Wes standing there!  WTH!  But this begs the question of how much Wes is going to reveal to Nate.  If Wes wants to pursue anything to do with Rebecca, he risks outsiders finding out about Sam.  So again I say, WTH?

If Asher is a murderer too...well, I guess this show is already over the top so never mind.  It just makes me start speculating about what happens to the assistant DA.  I must admit I'm very interested to find out what is going on with the Hapstall (sp?) siblings.

OK, I laughed at that, and was squicked out by it at the same time. She's scooping up that ice cream off a photo of a bloody body, and all I could think of was that the chemicals used to develop the photo would leave a bad aftertaste in that ice cream.

I highly doubt the photos were from film :P So no "developing" required.

I wonder if Rebecca's body will ever be found.

• Love 1

I don't get Wes, either he's insane, a major asshole or both.  Doesn't he get that his ass would have been in JAIL if Ana didn't lie for him?  And he's going against her for what?  For some lame faux Goth chick?  

It makes me think that Wes is like some black guys I know that would sell out their mothers for a non black woman.  I get why Nate's pissed, but he's lucky his ass isn't in jail either.

I'd laugh if Ana survives and gets all of them back, what ungrateful little shits.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

Laurel is still so damn boring. I don't even think Cute Creepy Frank can make her interesting.

I like Laurel, but what I find interesting of her scenes with Frank and the whole "let's get to know each other, even the worst things" is that this is the only way someone else -beyond Frank- can get to know who really killed Lila. Of course, Sam is guilty too -he asked Frank to kill her, after all- but the gang and Annalise believe that Sam murdered Lila by his own, not that he asked a hitman. I can see the whole fragile balance in their relationship flicker, after this reveal.

Oh, I do feel bad for Michaela. I do really like NotEggs, AKA Levi, so if he stuck around, I wouldn't be opposed. I like the fact that he pretty much decided to not do what Wes told him to do, and he's sticking with her.

It was my impression that he did exactly what Wes told him to do, i.e. to stick around Michaela in order to learn something more about Rebecca's disappearance. Like he doesn't know if and who he can trust, included the other gang members. But maybe I misinterpreted that scene.

In any case... is there someone on this show who is NOT a killer? THAT would be refreshing!

• Love 1
It was my impression that he did exactly what Wes told him to do, i.e. to stick around Michaela in order to learn something more about Rebecca's disappearance. Like he doesn't know if and who he can trust, included the other gang members. But maybe I misinterpreted that scene.

Yeah I think you did. I'm pretty sure that after Levi confirmed he hadn't heard from Rebecca and knows something is wrong, Wes told him to stay away from Michaela and that he, Wes, promises him that he'd find out what happened to Rebecca. I can understand why Wes would say that because I imagine he believes Levi is only using Michaela to find out the truth about Rebecca, and as her friend, Wes knows how much shit Michaela has been through relationship-wise. 

• Love 3

Wes explicitly said stay away from Michaela or I will tell her who you are. Levi then questioned why he wouldn't do that already and wes said because he wanted to work him, and they made a deal. I don't think he wants levi snooping around the gang members at all. Too risky. He could start digging into what happened the night sam died. But wes is a fool for just thinking levi would do what he said.

Yeah I think you did. I'm pretty sure that after Levi confirmed he hadn't heard from Rebecca and knows something is wrong, Wes told him to stay away from Michaela and that he, Wes, promises him that he'd find out what happened to Rebecca. I can understand why Wes would say that because I imagine he believes Levi is only using Michaela to find out the truth about Rebecca, and as her friend, Wes knows how much shit Michaela has been through relationship-wise.

ITA. we posted at the same time. 

Edited by dirtypop90

I had to laugh at Oliver's shocked "even *I* would have cheated at a sex party!" reaction. Also liked Anni's voice reminder to get some more junk food, since she is tired of the healthy stuff in the fridge.

I'm going on record with a prediction that Asher was involved with Tiffany's accidental death at Trotter Lake, something in the drug overdose/alcohol poisoning/vehicular arena. Daddy covered it up to allow Asher to pursue success, but DA Pinchy Face found the details.

Also, I was very uncomfortable with Wes having to come over and kill the mouse in Annalise's basement. Normally I roll with stuff like that, but I'd just set up traps in my own basement and kitchen (a furry little guy peeked over my makeup case as Hubby yesterday morning) and the subject hit a bit close to home.

Edited by St. Claire
  • Love 1

The case of the week never gets enough attention. And in this case of the week, we are privileged to have a vitriolic denunciation of a woman's sex life by Annalise Keating. Wow! No, she wasn't denouncing the client for murdering a man who scorned her. So, again, wow! And it matters because case of the week is commentary. As is, by the way, Bonnie's statement to Laurel about what screwing Frank says about her. Why didn't Laurel throw her drink in Bonnie's face?

Why is the DA a bad person for using sleazy, underhanded tactics like Annalise?

Why is Michaela the weak link for being anorgasmic? Why is Asher excluded for not being the cool kid? What kind of so called adults still act like they're in high school? I believe most believe approach work in an entirely different spirit because it's their living, not their parents.

I'm not sure I'll be watching until Elementary comes back.

Damn, Annalise...that was cold. In front of her kids.

Asher is in over his head. Both with his new girlfriend, and with his spy game. Now Bonnie's pissed.

To be fair, it's Widow's fault for having the kids front and center at the trial anyway. Even if Anni hadn't pointed the finger at Widow, a murder trial where the prosecution's theory is that a sex fiend gave Daddy a heart attack by f---ing him so hard is no place for these young chilluns.

I don't think Asher has a new girlfriend. Although I wondered whether he was boning the prosecutor in addition to being a mole for her. The woman in the photo we saw was apparently tied to Crater Lake, which as I think others have also speculated, is most likely a Chappaquidick/drug overdose type thing that Papa Asher helped cover up.

I hate Laurel drooling over Frank, hate.

I hate it too generally speaking, but I have to concede the scene between them in the previous episode was muy caliente, and I was hoping that it would be more of the same. Sadly, no.

It's worse because it seems Laurel actually takes Frank on his challenge to get to know him and seems honestly interested in getting to know him (rather than going through the motions to get some D) and he's pretty indifferent to it.

Man, Annalise was brutal tonight, both with the kids and with Tonia. How did Annalise get away with not only framing the wife, but making sure both didn't have any charges? I mean, I know technically the DA made sure the wife didn't get charged, but still.

Anni successfully argued in court that there was someone else with potential means, motive and opportunity who could have deliberately killed Hubby. Plenty of reasonable doubt to get Tonya off. (pun not intended).

I will speculate that she reasoned that there would be no way for the DA's office to go after Wife, since they just had maintained that Tonya was the one who killed him. Even an average defense attorney could point that out, and point out other things, such as there was no evidence (as far as we know) of Wife having nitro, nor evidence of Wife slipping nitro to hubby,

Speaking of which, one thing I don't get is why Tonya did give Hubby nitro. Even assuming she had no idea he was using Viagra on the regular (which given  her falling for him, one would think she would have to), I don't see how nitro would enhance the sex between them. 

The case of the week never gets enough attention. And in this case of the week, we are privileged to have a vitriolic denunciation of a woman's sex life by Annalise Keating. Wow! No, she wasn't denouncing the client for murdering a man who scorned her. So, again, wow! And it matters because case of the week is commentary. As is, by the way, Bonnie's statement to Laurel about what screwing Frank says about her. Why didn't Laurel throw her drink in Bonnie's face?

Why is the DA a bad person for using sleazy, underhanded tactics like Annalise?

Why is Michaela the weak link for being anorgasmic? Why is Asher excluded for not being the cool kid? What kind of so called adults still act like they're in high school? I believe most believe approach work in an entirely different spirit because it's their living, not their parents.

There is plenty of room for DA and Anni to both be bad people. Which I would say they are.

But one difference that IMO makes the DA worse is that she claims to be on the side of righteousness. I think she even said something to Asher to the effect of "How does it feel to be on the side of justice?" Prosecutors have extra ethical obligations on top of those of other lawyers and by falling short, she arguably deserves extra condemnation.

I don't think anyone is treating Michaela as the weak link. I think everyone expressed sympathy for her that she had not experienced orgasm, or hadn't experienced many of them.

Asher is excluded for a) being Doucheface and b) for not being involved in Sam's death or the coverup behind it.

As for what kind of adults still act like they are in high school, I would say "most of them," sadly. Also keep in mind that the students are supposed to be in their early 20s and not too far removed from high school.

Can we just hurry up and murder the DA? Anything to get that smug face and screeching voice off my screen.

I swear, the look Asher gave her in the car when he told her he was done being her mole and she taunted him with her smug face, I thought he'd actually join the murderclub but on his own.  I whispered to myself, 'Uh, oh Asher gonna kill this chick.'  LOL.

I am loving this season so much more than last season already. 

I was happy to see Sherri Saum although it was weird to see Lena (from the Fosters) as a sexy dom swinger rather than a high school principal.

Loved her line to Annalise:

"You slept with him?" 

"Look at him"  -- oh honey he was rather fine to look at.

Hoping they make the Michaela & Connor friendshiip a real thing as the season progresses and they become BFFs.  I have always liked the two actor's chemistry together and moving them from antagonists to friends (with a past shared boyfriend to snark over) would be fun to continue to see.  I loved their scene last week with Oliver.  Felt like an effortless friendship.

On that same note, I hope Levi isn't just using Michaela.  I am liking that they are letting her unclench.  She was so uptight last season (I guess we know why, girlfriend never had an O).  But he is hot buttered butter so i want him to be good for her.

Also glad to see in the end tag that they didn't abandon Connor in the house.  He was with them when they got into Frank's car.

Viola Davis is everything though.  I think I rewound her drag of the DA last week like four times.  It was brilliantly delivered.  This week, the look on her face and her line delivery after Sheri Saum's character asked her how she slept at night and she said 'Alone on nice sheets' was dark and fierce and hard and fiyah.  LOL.

• Love 9
I don't think Asher has a new girlfriend.

He doesn't. He was looking a picture of the girl who is tied to whatever the DA has over his head, Bonnie walked up and saw it and assumed it's a girl he's been seeing because as she said, she's noticed how distracted he is, he's always late coming to see her, he's always on secret calls, etc. Of course that's all because of the DA that's blackmailing him but since he didn't want to tell her that, he just let her believe what she assumed was true and that he has met someone else. 

Speaking of which, one thing I don't get is why Tonya did give Hubby nitro. Even assuming she had no idea he was using Viagra on the regular (which given  her falling for him, one would think she would have to), I don't see how nitro would enhance the sex between them.

I may be mistaken but I don't think she was trying to enhance the sex but to do exactly what happened, give him a heart attack. She just didn't expect him to die from it, which he did because he'd also been taking the viagra, which she didn't know. I believe her plan, as she explained to Annalise, was to give him a mild heart attack, which would expose his cheating to his wife. Because it was likely to come out where exactly and what exactly he was doing when he had that heart attack. Unfortunately for her, it backfired big time. Of course, Annalise exposing the wife knew about the viagra tells me she already knew the husband was cheating so Tonya's plan still would not have worked because the woman was likely still not going to leave her husband. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

There is plenty of room for DA and Anni to both be bad people. Which I would say they are.

But one difference that IMO makes the DA worse is that she claims to be on the side of righteousness. I think she even said something to Asher to the effect of "How does it feel to be on the side of justice?" Prosecutors have extra ethical obligations on top of those of other lawyers and by falling short, she arguably deserves extra condemnation.

I don't think anyone is treating Michaela as the weak link. I think everyone expressed sympathy for her that she had not experienced orgasm, or hadn't experienced many of them.

Asher is excluded for a) being Doucheface and b) for not being involved in Sam's death or the coverup behind it.

As for what kind of adults still act like they are in high school, I would say "most of them," sadly. Also keep in mind that the students are supposed to be in their early 20s and not too far removed from high school.

I think the show says, it is Annalise is a tormented victim and a righteous crusader and a defender of the weak and helpless as well as ruthless (aka sexy,) supremely competent (ditto,) and sexually driven (duh.) I don't think the show says Annalise is "bad" the way it clearly says the DA is. 

The notion that the prosecution is on the side of justice stems from the sadly common presumption of guilt. If Annalise can use illegal tactics in defense, prosecutors can use them in pursuit of justice, their conviction. As near as I can tell, Annnalise presumes that her clients are probably guilty but gets them off anyway. But at any rate, the ethical obligations for both prosecutors and defenders can be expressed as protecting the rights of the people, which is the same for both and for the judge as well. If the DA is bad for underhanded tactics that violate people's rights, which a defendant has until a jury finds them guilty, then so is the Annalise. At this point, the DA is bad because she's mean to Annalise, Our Heroine. Increasingly not good enough for me, i'm afraid. 

Michaela isn't treated as the weak link in this episode, but in every other, she is. Which I find odd, because to me it seems like the person most likely to break down and confess is Connor. But maybe I just don't understand. I thought everyone feeling a need to support her showed they considered her the weak one who needed the help. 

No one's noticed that Lauren is Miss Doucheface? Or should be. Also, I didn't get the memo that explained Teacher's Pet Wes was a great guy in comparison to Doucheface Asher. It's a matter of taste of course, but why do all these allegedly different people have exactly the same taste?

Well, law school is graduate school, so I am inclined to think they are pretty far removed from HS. As to the real life prevalence of adults acting like that, one thing I strongly associate that sort of thing with is gross incompetence, not the elite this bunch is supposed to be. 

What I think is going with my reception is that I'm disinvesting in most of the characters, who are becoming too unlikable or melodramatic. So I'm not feeling the energy to shrug off these other things.

Edited by sjohnson

I love this show so much more than last year.  I think it's because the kids have settled in..  And while I did like Rebecca when most didn't the story dragged. 

My favourite Annali moment was the fleeting look of relief when Nate said he needed more time.  She is phenomenal.

• Love 2
Speaking of which, one thing I don't get is why Tonya did give Hubby nitro. Even assuming she had no idea he was using Viagra on the regular (which given  her falling for him, one would think she would have to), I don't see how nitro would enhance the sex between them.

She gave him the nitro knowing that it would cause a heart attack with his Viagra, but thought it would be mild enough for him to only be hospitalized, not actually die. Super risky on her part.

I busted up laughing and the construction dude with the self-professed large member eating that ginormous hot dog. 

I think the show says, it is Annalise is a tormented victim and a righteous crusader and a defender of the weak and helpless as well as ruthless (aka sexy,) supremely competent (ditto,) and sexually driven (duh.) I don't think the show says Annalise is "bad" the way it clearly says the DA is. 

The notion that the prosecution is on the side of justice stems from the sadly common presumption of guilt. If Annalise can use illegal tactics in defense, prosecutors can use them in pursuit of justice, their conviction. As near as I can tell, Annnalise presumes that her clients are probably guilty but gets them off anyway. But at any rate, the ethical obligations for both prosecutors and defenders can be expressed as protecting the rights of the people, which is the same for both and for the judge as well. If the DA is bad for underhanded tactics that violate people's rights, which a defendant has until a jury finds them guilty, then so is the Annalise. At this point, the DA is bad because she's mean to Annalise, Our Heroine. Increasingly not good enough for me, i'm afraid. 

Well, law school is graduate school, so I am inclined to think they are pretty far removed from HS. As to the real life prevalence of adults acting like that, one thing I strongly associate that sort of thing with is gross incompetence, not the elite this bunch is supposed to be. 

The notion that prosecutors are on the side of justice is in the job description. It is also in ethical codes for lawyers, which have additional duties for prosecutors. It is also in case law. For instance, prosecutors are under a duty to turn over evidence that is exculpatory, or tending to show a person is innocent. While there is a duty for defense attorneys to turn over evidence, they certainly do not have to turn over such inculpatory evidence as their clients' statements to them for example.

Law school is graduate school, of course. But most first-year law students are just out of college, and I presume that is the case for all of the Keating 5. So that is just over 4 years out of high school. Not that much in my book to have necessarily matured beyond high school patterns. And like I said, some people never really grow much beyond whatever mold they set for themselves in high school. 

She gave him the nitro knowing that it would cause a heart attack with his Viagra, but thought it would be mild enough for him to only be hospitalized, not actually die. Super risky on her part.

OK, so that seems pretty insane, especially since she professed love for him.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 5
OK, so that seems pretty insane, especially since she professed love for him.

Yep, totally crazypants, IMO. She wanted to give him enough of a heart attack that his sex-party ways would be revealed to his wife, so she would "know who he really was."