Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Exactly.  There was more excitement in Patrick today than in the past six months combined.  I had to rewind and watch it again.

He found his balls at the bottom of Sam's purse. Here's hoping he keeps them.
  • Love 3

I love how Sonny practically demanded to be discharged from the hospital—today! LOL at the pouty face he gave Patrick during the talk.

Oh, OLIVIA. Why do you think growing up in PC will be safe for Leo? You know what's happened to every single child you know in the city.

Dillon, your dream is dying because you're a giant douche, not because Maxie told Lulu you love her.

What's with all the men and their terrible hair? Patrick, Dante, it's awful.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Because RC decided to remove every bit of intelligence, ambition and self-awareness the character ever had so she'd be a good match for the Plywood that walks like a man

To be fair to RC, KSMaxie's character has always been about as deep, intelligent, ambitious, and self-aware as a mud puddle. And that may be offensive to mud puddles.

• Love 3

Watching this show makes us lose all sorts of brain cells.

Do you remember the "school for the gifted" Gary Larsen comic, where the kid is pushing on a door labeled Pull? Some days, I feel like that door might as well say "GH viewers".

The hypocrisy was strong these last two days. Molly furious about Julian being a mobster, while last week she was so delighted at Sonny's wedding. Does she hate mobsters or not? Ditto with Olivia, although maybe a little less because she did keep baby Dante from Sonny. But she worships him now, so WTF? And why doesn't Sabrina have a problem with Michael's mob-by situation? If mobsters are going to cool on this show, I hate it, but it would be more tolerable if there was some damn consistency regarding whether they're awesome or terrible.

I will never tire of defending Spencer, but weirdly, I will also never tire of you guys hating on him. I'm an enigma, what can I say?

I like asshole doctor Patrick. Anytime someone tells Sonny he's not the man he used to be/ thinks he is, I'm a fan.

I'm not mad at Ned. It's not unreasonable to realize that you've bitten off more than you can chew and change your mind. Might be hurtful, but I get it.

Don't Maxie and Lulu probably have the same contacts?

• Love 4

Maxie was always more into the job at Crimson and more dedicated to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has more, and better, contacts than Lulu.

You're right, of course - she probably does have more contacts and has probably done more to stay in touch with them. It just struck me as funny that Maxie was all "With MY contacts" as if we're going to see anyone at the Halloween fundraiser that Lulu doesn't also know.

Don't Maxie and Lulu probably have the same contacts?

Maxie was always more into the job at Crimson and more dedicated to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has more, and better, contacts than Lulu.

Maxie might also have a bunch of contacts from her days as a professional personal shopper.  She hasn't mentioned being a professional personal shopper in a while, though.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Don't Dillon and Lulu have a contract?  Isn't the movie being shot during the day?  They could put up their tacky halloween crap after shooting wrapped for the day.

#thisisallsostupid

Anna needs to burn that pancho.

• Love 1

Don't Dillon and Lulu have a contract?  Isn't the movie being shot during the day?  They could put up their tacky halloween crap after shooting wrapped for the day.

#thisisallsostupid

Don't quote me on this, but I think because Dillon threw his little hissy fit about Lulu, he fell behind schedule and was already supposed to be finished shooting.

#thisisallsostupid

Lulu said the contract stated he was supposed to be done filming by now, and as TeeVee said, he's fallen behind because of his own bullshit.

#thisisallsostupid

Don't quote me on this, but I think because Dillon threw his little hissy fit about Lulu, he fell behind schedule and was already supposed to be finished shooting.

I thought Dillon (or Lulu) said they are supposed to be done shooting ON Halloween…so Lulu's breaking/altering the contract because Dillon wants to bang her. Which amuses me because one could say this "Dillon is inexplicably in lurve with Lulu" is due to Lulu wanting to bang Dillon years ago.

I am not at all proud of this, but I've been enjoying the Lulu/ Dillon stuff. I always thought Dillon was a little shady (possibly because the actor seems shady to me) and I think it's not OOC for Lulu to throw a damn fit about Dillon having feelings for her, and then to fall for him (I have no spoiler info, but surely it's coming). I think it fits with her personal history, and fits with her family issues; even more so when she finds out about Dante and Valerie (again, no spoiler, but of course it's gong to happen).

• Love 1

I am so tired of Dillon and his vanity movie project. End it now, please.

You 'n' me both! Daddy Paul gave the kid a bigger than usual allowance (to the tune of a half-million dollars) and Dillon has predictably produced nada but embarrassment with his little movie a clef selfie of unrequited love for Lulu.

Most tragique of all, Possums, Maxie (who reminds me more of Miss Piggy every day) sees her promising film career in ruins. Back to a career of personal shopping.... psst Maxie! Now you'll have time to read all those method acting books in the library! And more opportunities to practice "straddling" for love scenes.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Maxie might also have a bunch of contacts from her days as a professional personal shopper.  She hasn't mentioned being a professional personal shopper in a while, though.

How does one become a professional personal shopper? Do you have to take classes?

• Love 2

To be fair to RC, KSMaxie's character has always been about as deep, intelligent, ambitious, and self-aware as a mud puddle. And that may be offensive to mud puddles.

I kind of agree tbh. KS's Maxie has always come off this way to me simply because KS's voice and mannerisms normally just default to baby-ish no matter the writing. I liked RR's Maxie a lot and I preferred JL's Maxie to KS' actually.

• Love 2

Why was it ( the purse) so cheap and tacky looking?

Have you met its owner?

I'm sorry -- that was a cheap shot. But dammit -- my hostility toward a character I truly once enjoyed and dare I say almost admired is just that bad.

In all honesty, Nancy was looking real rough in yesterday's show. Admittedly, I only saw about 5 of the first 10 minutes of it. I wonder if this was the first day back or one of the first days back after Insult Your Fellow Employee Who Just Achieved a Milestone and Won the Most Prestigious Award of Your Industrygate, aka ViolaGate aka JealousMuch?gate aka IKnowItsOnly6p.m.ThereButPutDownTheWine,NancyGate.

How does one become a professional personal shopper? Do you have to take classes?

I've lived most of my life in Los Angeles. Sadly, this is not a hard thing to believe.

• Love 9

I kind of agree tbh. KS's Maxie has always come off this way to me simply because KS's voice and mannerisms normally just default to baby-ish no matter the writing. I liked RR's Maxie a lot and I preferred JL's Maxie to KS' actually.

So did I. JL has depth. Even on DOOL as hateful Theresa...she makes me root for her. I have to admit I enjoy her portrayal in spite of the crap writing.

• Love 2

I know this is a few days late....but Jake is a fucking moron. He probably just blew their only lead in figuring out who he is.....yes he "rattled" Nikolas but he also gave him time to Get rid of any evidence. spinelli said it would take a day to write the program....which gives Nik plenty of time to cover his tracks. Moron. It also stands to reason that Nikolas will immediately tell Liz what jake and Sam are up to....blowing jake's "gift" to Liz of finding out who he is. I know his brain has been prodded one too many times, but dude....act like it still occasionally functions.

• Love 5

I know this is a few days late....but Jake is a fucking moron. He probably just blew their only lead in figuring out who he is.....yes he "rattled" Nikolas but he also gave him time to Get rid of any evidence. spinelli said it would take a day to write the program....which gives Nik plenty of time to cover his tracks. Moron. It also stands to reason that Nikolas will immediately tell Liz what jake and Sam are up to....blowing jake's "gift" to Liz of finding out who he is. I know his brain has been prodded one too many times, but dude....act like it still occasionally functions.

But Spinelli praised him for honing in on the psychological advantage! Jake's the best!

• Love 3

It's too bad RC wrote Morgan as a pouty moron instead of making him pre-med or having him interested in being a physical therapist.

If there's going to be a story about keeping Sonny's kids away from da mob, they have to have viable alternatives that would make mob life a tragic choice. They should have ambitions and interests of their own instead of being aimless losers. Michael should be fighting for ELQ with Tracy, Kristina should be pre-law, something - anything.

The women are just as bad.

Valerie spent yeeeears taking care of her sick mother, the hospital is a natural fit - so RC put her in the PCPD just so she could stalk Dante

It there were defense attorneys in PC, McCall & Jackal could do freelance work. Maxie has gone from one BS job to another. Lulu is NEVER at work

RC could have given the women work-related stories, instead they got mental illness, baby rabies and badly written relationships.

I really need the new writers to do something different

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I hope Julian takes the kid and gets full custody, Olivia didn't learn a thing from the first mobster child she hid from it's father. May be she along with Alexis should stop sleeping with mobsters and they wouldn't have this "lets hide the paternity" thing with every single child.

And Olivia doesn't seem to care about working in Mrs. Corinthos's hotel, or her other child with the mobster, or visiting Sonny. Yet she'll act like Julian's the worst. Take the baby Julian!

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

It's too bad RC wrote Morgan as a pouty moron instead of making him pre-med or having him interested in being a physical therapist. If there's going to be a story about keeping Sonny's kids away from da mob, they should have ambitions and interests of their own instead of being aimless losers

IA but to be fair not sure if anything will make me interested in morgan and a lot of it has to do with BC.

I'm confused. (And this is probably the most inane question ever).  Regarding Alexis' new home:  Is there a fireplace in the bathroom?  Or is there a bathtub in the bedroom?  Whichever it is, I want it.  And that whole house. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 3

Considering how much sitting Sonny does anyway, I'm pretty sure he can "take care of [his] family" from a wheelchair. Ugh. He's such a baby. And if he's so intent on walking again, how about he starts building his strength by using his own arms to wheel him around instead of barking at his son to push him huffily out of the room? 

I wish Olivia would stop acting like it's the 1950s when she talks about adopting "Matteo." I know her song and dance was spur of the moment to keep Julian from suspecting the baby is Leo, but with other people, she could just say, "I had an opportunity to adopt this lovely boy, and I took it."

• Love 4

Nina: I bought sheets.

[please insert that gif of Kiki jumping off the pier here for me, TeeVee]

Dante not taking Lulu by the hand and saying "let's go home, we have to talk" is so. fucking. stupid. It's stupider than the fucking masks. And unless Lulu is supposed to be in denial, her not asking, "hey, why do you look like you want to vomit and die" and not putting two and two together is so fucking stupid as well. I'm sorry for cursing so much. But it's so stupid! If they wanted to do the reveal in public, they should have at least not had Dillon let on to Dante that he knows. 

Ugh, both Julian and Olivia are annoying as balls. Poor Leo.

I swear to God, I think Morgan was gonna kiss Olivia again when he bent down. 

Oh, what I would have given for them to have locked Sonny in a closet.

I'm confused. (And this is probably the most inane question ever).  Regarding Alexis' new home:  Is there a fireplace in the bathroom?  Or is there a bathtub in the bedroom?  Whichever it is, I want it.  And that whole house. 

I think Julian put a tub in the living room.

It there were defense attorneys in PC, McCall & Jackal could do freelance work. Maxie has gone from one BS job to another. Lulu is NEVER at work

I know it's been a while, but they've showed the Haunted Star as club with actual people in it lately, and Lulu was working yesterday, so, I don't even think Lulu is on the top 10 list of women who need to be shown doing something, imo. Or, at least, not the top 5.

It's too bad RC wrote Morgan as a pouty moron instead of making him pre-med or having him interested in being a physical therapist.

BC definitely can't pull off med anything. Maybe physical therapist.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 6

Considering how much sitting Sonny does anyway, I'm pretty sure he can "take care of [his] family" from a wheelchair. Ugh. He's such a baby. 

Maybe he fears he won't be able to get the proper force into his bar ware flinging if he's sitting down and can't throw his whole body into it? 

• Love 5

Dante not taking Lulu by the hand and saying "let's go home, we have to talk" is so. fucking. stupid

I'm really, really really hoping that Lulu knows that it was more than a kiss  and that she's playing him to see how long before he cracks and admits the truth.  The number of times she said something like, "lies are the downfall" or something along those lines, just made me think that can't possibly simply be anvils that they're dropping.  

I didn't get the whole Sonny temper tantrum thing.  He's getting all pissy because he's been in the chair for about a day and how dare Patrick tell him that he'll be in there forever.  Than shut up and go to physical therapy for five minutes and prove him wrong, stupid little pissant.  It was like he'd been doing PT for months and was pissed that Patrick was raining on his parade.  Put in the work you before you start complaining you little wuss.  

And speaking of wuss, Julian, I don't hate but man was he getting on my last nerve today.  "I'm going to get my son" Ye, MY possession has been kept from me and I must have it.  I wanted Alexis or Olivia to hold up a mirror and say 'you look like Sonny right now'.  

I did find it unintentionaly hilarious when Morgan stumbles in the room and Sonny's all, "i'm going home' and Morgan, clueless is all, "ok let's go".  Dumbass!

• Love 5

I'm really, really really hoping that Lulu knows that it was more than a kiss  and that she's playing him to see how long before he cracks and admits the truth.  The number of times she said something like, "lies are the downfall" or something along those lines, just made me think that can't possibly simply be anvils that they're dropping.  

If only. But remember all those "my aunt Denise and Morgan would never do that to me!" lines from Kiki? sigh.

I didn't get the whole Sonny temper tantrum thing.  He's getting all pissy because he's been in the chair for about a day and how dare Patrick tell him that he'll be in there forever.  Than shut up and go to physical therapy for five minutes and prove him wrong, stupid little pissant.  It was like he'd been doing PT for months and was pissed that Patrick was raining on his parade.  Put in the work you before you start complaining you little wuss.

I'm torn. I feel like it's unfair for me to complain too much about Sonny's behavior because it's totally in-character for him. I just wish they had all left him alone to wallow by himself for a little bit.

I did find it unintentionaly hilarious when Morgan stumbles in the room and Sonny's all, "i'm going home' and Morgan, clueless is all, "ok let's go".  Dumbass!

He did have a tiny clue, but he abandoned it quickly. Where Sonny got it wrong was Morgan would have gladly conspired with him to take him home against the rules. Sonny should have just said, "pick me up and run for the elevator!"

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 6

And speaking of wuss, Julian, I don't hate but man was he getting on my last nerve today.  "I'm going to get my son" Ye, MY possession has been kept from me and I must have it.  I wanted Alexis or Olivia to hold up a mirror and say 'you look like Sonny right now'.

Julian gets a liiitle slack from me.  Unlike Sonny with either Kristina or Avery, Julian thought his child was dead, mourned it and the opportunity to be a dad from the jump. 

• Love 8

I didn't get the whole Sonny temper tantrum thing.  He's getting all pissy because he's been in the chair for about a day and how dare Patrick tell him that he'll be in there forever.  Than shut up and go to physical therapy for five minutes and prove him wrong, stupid little pissant. 

I have really enjoyed Patrick Without Pity telling the truth to Sonny for the last couple of days. But is anyone else wondering why no one pointed out to Sonny that if he doesn't follow the doctor's orders he will be permanently paralyzed? I guess that would have made too much sense. 

While, in general, I can't fault someone for having a strong negative reaction to bad medical news, and I think Sonny's reaction was probably the kind of thing doctors see a lot,  I'm not feeling it so much for Sonny. Since he's spent the last  year or more raging about one thing or another, whatever emotions he's having have less of an impact. It's just one more tantrum.

• Love 5

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I feel like I could actually be quite interested in the story of Nina and Kiki becoming a reluctant family. The thing is though, Franco, as always, ruins it. Sigh.

I loved that Alexis told Julian the truth immediately and that she totally understood why Olivia did what she did/didn't act hypocritical. I was so pleasantly surprised by both of those things.

• Love 7

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I feel like I could actually be quite interested in the story of Nina and Kiki becoming a reluctant family. The thing is though, Franco, as always, ruins it. Sigh.

All three of them repulse me. Like I don't think I could hate them more unless you added the Corinthii in there too. And then all of them burned up beyond smithereens and I rejoiced for the rest of time.

• Love 1

That reminds me, Franco did have one good line:

Franco: I think Morgan still cares for you. He cares in a really lousy way, but he still cares.

Sums up Morgan (and Sonny) pretty well.

There are moments when I'm kinda like, "they're okay" but then Nina's repeating stuff and baby voice and Franco's hair kill it. When Nina said that Nathan and Maxie could introduce them to their friends and they could be friends with them too, it did make me really want a scene where Nina goes up to Dante and Lulu and tried to be friends.

And also, the whole absurdity of trying to make this character work hit me again when Franco was serving his martinis on a tray.

• Love 7

Franco needs to have acid thrown in his face and his internal organs violently removed from his body.

• Love 7

Does Sonny just think he can bark and threaten his way back into walking again? I can understand how his situation would be frustrating, but jeez man, listen to what the medical professional is telling you.  Cannot comment on the Nina, Franco, Kiki mess because I was making a grocery list during their scenes, and it was far more interesting.  I get that Julian was upset since he had thought his child was dead and he hasn't had the opportunity to raise any of his children, but slow your roll man! Running off to confront Olivia and start making demands about the baby was not well advised.  Also maybe don't be an asshat and start acting like the baby is a toy that Olivia took away.  It would be nice to see two people that don't like each other and have a baby together maybe try to get along and share custody for a change on this show.  

• Love 3

There are moments when I'm kinda like, "they're okay" but then Nina's repeating stuff and baby voice and Franco's hair kill it.

What is up with Franco's hair? It's almost at Patrick levels of bad.

When Nina said that Nathan and Maxie could introduce them to their friends and they could be friends with them too, it did make me really want a scene where Nina goes up to Dante and Lulu and tried to be friends.

I would like to see this, too. Dante's face during a scene where Nina tries to befriend him would be aces.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4