Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This has been more about the quad than Sonny and Jason. I really think Robin is still going to be a prisoner and remain unmentioned into next year and beyond.

The show runners would have to be as brain-damaged as St. Jasus to think it would fly to not fix the Robin situation as soon as possible.

They have to know the audience will accept almost any flimsy resolution to this story at this point, as long as it involves Robin being free and getting to spend time with Emma again ...

Robin - played by any actress at this point for God's sake! - shows up in her mother's ridiculous gray-painted-hotel-room-home one day in early November, looking very tan but pretty pissed off.   Anna is super-psyched to see her.   Then, all the explanation takes place during the commercial break because this show is ridiculous ....

Robin:   .... so, really, the Cassadines' island in Greece was actually pretty nice and I kept myself sane by going for long runs on the beach every day.   I forgive you for being so dense about the situation, Mom, I really do.   But only because you also called and asked Dad to look for me.  And he found me.  Eventually.

Anna:  Yes, I think my intense guilt over Faison targeting you, and then my grief over Duke, made me temporarily very, very stupid.  I'm so very sorry, darling.   What are you going to do about Patrick?

Robin:  Not a damn thing.  Obviously he didn't care enough to wait for me -- or care that I said I was "broken" or even try to visit me like you did.  I'm taking Emma and moving to Beecher's Corners.   He can have her on the weekends.

Anna:  I suppose you'll want to catch up with Jason --

Robin:  Nope.  I wish him well, but I'm done losing everything to try and help him.  You and Mac can visit me, though.  Dad will be there.  He says he's moving in with me to give me 24-hour protection from now on.   

Anna:  Probably a good idea.

Robin:  Yeah.  He's downstairs in the car.  Want to drive over to get Emma with us?  

And then this horrific stupidity is never mentioned again ... and Patrick gets therapy to figure out why he's been such a pathological dumb-ass lately.  

• Love 15

The show runners would have to be as brain-damaged as St. Jasus to think it would fly to not fix the Robin situation as soon as possible.

They are. Their priority is not ending that part of the story. Their priority is showing Samtrick as a "family" and Sam crying over Jason/trying to move on, so when the reveal happens, Sam is confused and torn. Meantime, everyone will be screaming at Liz. Robin isn't a factor.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

They are. Their priority is not ending that part of the story. Their priority is showing Samtrick as a "family" and Sam crying over Jason/trying to move on, so when the reveal happens, Sam is confused and torn. Meantime, everyone will be screaming at Liz. Robin isn't a factor.

Ever the cock-eyed optimist, I hope you're wrong about that.  They at least went to the trouble to have Anna mention she tried to visit Robin ... PodAnna at least remembers she has a kid that should be visited.  So they are reminding the audience of this stupidity for some reason.

Although possibly just to remind the audience "hey, we're stupid over here in the writers' room!"   Not that we needed the reminder.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sick of mobstress Ava, I think her bell has been rung waaayy to many times on this show!! Why does everybody need her? Time for her to GO!! She adds nothing new except to further the mob line . Yes pretty tired of this crap! Edited to add...I'm sick of the Debbie downers,Patrick and Sam. For the love of God, perk this show up!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 5

There's no mileage to get out of dragging out the Robin angle.   KMc is not coming back full time.   Nobody believes the show actually gives a damn about Robin getting a big reveal -- she had one in 2013, and then it was promptly ruined by kidnapping her again.  Nobody is expecting any kind of big dramatic payoff for Robin.  So what are they "saving" this for?

Either Patrick and Anna (and Mac, and everyone else who forgot about her!) feel like shit, but Robin forgives them ... and leaves town.  Or she tells them to piss off ... and leaves town.   Or everyone continues to act like an asshole, and they act like Robin brought this on herself*  ... and then she leaves town.   None of this is worth waiting for.  

Or they re-cast Robin ... in which case, there's no reason to wait.   It will suck, but less than this.  

The show needs to know when to cut its losses.  The Jason story is a dud.  The Robin angle is a dud.  Everyone is just pissed off at this point.  End all of it.

* and there's an argument to be made that letting Victor threaten her like that and not asking her parents to help her was pretty dumb -- just like everyone in this story is mind-numbingly stupid.

• Love 7

I don't know the answers, I just know the writers don't care about Robin or resolving that story. It was made obvious in their interviews. If it was important to them, they would have talked about it. The only thing they managed to cover was the possibility of a recast. Which, to be honest, I wouldn't even mind because I know she's the loser out of this story. I've said this a billion times, but Patrick is the victim who deserves to be happy. Same with Sam. Pretty much same with Jason. Robin isn't going to get some vindication.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
Jason Thompson: singing.

He's got to have something for the Emmy reel.

I don't know the answers, I just know the writers don't care about Robin or resolving that story. It was made obvious in their interviews. If it was important to them, they would have talked about it. The only thing they managed to cover was the possibility of a recast.

In SOD, they made some mention of this along with other hanging story threads and said that it wasn't going to be addressed anytime soon because they had other things on their plate involving characters currently on canvas that needed to be resolved first.

In SOD, they made some mention of this along with other hanging story threads and said that it wasn't going to be addressed anytime soon because they had other things on their plate involving characters currently on canvas that needed to be resolved first.

I'm honestly super amped to see him choose scenes for his reel. I'm assuming he's waiting until the Jason reveal, so he can cry ugly tears about his love for Sammy.

And yup, exactly. They're not going to do anything about Robin. They're going full-steam ahead with the reveal, Liz getting crapped on, and the Samtrick/JaSam triangle. Our very own Sonny/Brenda/Jax minus the good story and acting.

There is a rumor I read that a front-burner actor is leaving. I'd laugh and laugh some more if it is true and all of this shit surrounding Jakeson is for naught and Billy Miller gets the hell out of dodge.

Or...I can see Jason Thompson finally deciding that being a lifer isn't worth it just to be a paper doll, and he goes.

Now watch it be just a rumor or not about GH if it is true.

• Love 7

Sam is just a mess. A neurosurgeon proposes to her, and she prefers a hitman who enjoys killing people for a living.  And Liz is a graduate nurse who also prefers the hitman-lover.

The neurosurgeon shouldn't quit his dayjob to take up a singing career.

Ava, Grab that baby and run.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

This back from the dead story is so contrived. Was Sam a sobbing wreck last year on her anniversary. 

Liz gets more and more vile. Nov. 6 cant come fast enough.

I think this is the first year they have acknowledged JaSam's wedding anniversary onscreen since his "death".   Of course for plot purposes.  Even the year after he "died" when Danny was sick, she mentioned his birthday and went to the pier, but I don't remember anything about their anniversary.

Liz is just....my god.  No words can describe her lunacy.  And I am going to need an explanation on how in the fucking world Jake can get married with NO IDENTITY.  And I am choosing to believe Liz had no idea that it was in fact JaSam's anniversay when she suggested they get married that day.  It's crazy enough that she suggested it was their anniversary of the day he was brought to GH because WHO DOES THAT?  Yes, let's celebrate the day you were so horribly mutilated that you needed a full facial reconstruction.  Wasn't that a FUN DAY?  Remember the broken bones and all the blood?  Swoooooon.  Seriously, WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK?  November 6th can't get here fast enough.  I need that psycho taken down.  

• Love 10

I frankly don't care how good RH looks physically (and this poor woman looks her character looks pretty much like a skeleton to me, not at all attractive despite her face and her fans), her character is pretty much dog shit and if RH wasn't as pretty and as thin as she is, all the fans in the world wouldn't have saved her in 2009, and maybe the rabid fans shoudn't have had that much power, because Lizzie has done NOTHING for this show past the L&L2 so-called phenomenon.

As for a AJ, I hope that murdering bitch Ava gets nowhere near that poor child. Ava already failed at raising a daughter, she doesn't deserve haooiness, especially after poor AJ spent months in a jailed cell for a crime disgusting Ava committed.

Fuck Ava and whatever "sympathy" that murderous bitch gets. She's not even a real character, she's a GH/RH retcon who never should have existed.

This stupid bitch should have died before Silas, who was a doctor on a show called "General Hospital,"

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 3

I frankly don't care how good RH looks physically (and this poor woman looks her character looks pretty much like a skeleton to me, not at all attractive despite her face and her fans), her character is pretty much dog shit and if RH wasn't as pretty and as thin as she is, all the fans in the world wouldn't have saved her in 2009, and maybe the rabid fans shoudn't have had that much power, because Lizzie has done NOTHING for this show past the L&L2 so-called phenomenon.

I'm gonna reply in the Liz thread in the character section.

What was the reason for bringing notdead baby Jake from the dead, if they are keeping him in the attic with the rest of Liz's kids?

Fan service? A consolation prize for Liz once she (hopefully) gets dumped on her lying ass?

• Love 3

If JT leaves, we might actually get an ending to the Robin story. And JT could be freeeeee ....

Might not be a bad idea for him to move on and do something new.

Robin & Patrick should have been written out together in early 2014. If Ron wanted to keep Emma to play out the kiddie quad, then have her stay with Anna or Mac & Felicia for reasons, because of course, and/or Helena.

If Frank didn't want to leave go of Jason, then have him play another character, Matt for example. But Patrick should have left with Robin.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Unless the other things that need to be resolved first are the deaths of Franco, Nina, Julian, Ava, and Kiki (fine, she can merely exit by going to college), they are choosing poorly. Very poorly.

• Love 7

No, Avery. Crawl to the nearest tree. Emma can give you nature pointers. But you'd have better luck there than being raised by the two slugs who sired you.

Yeah, I give no fucks about Ava losing her child.

Ava raised Kiki who is The. Worst.

Sonny and Carly raised Morgan and he's basically a male Kiki

Ava spent most of her tenure as Denise screwing her daughter's boyfriend, obsessing over her infant possession and allowing Keeks to mourn her death

Avery is fucked by both nature AND nurture. She had basically one shot and the Gliiter Princess ruined it so...

I kinda hope she dies in a Sonny/Ava mob war unless she turns out to be Morgan's

• Love 4

What was the reason for bringing notdead baby Jake from the dead, if they are keeping him in the attic with the rest of Liz's kids?

So Luke could exit without being responsible for a kid's death and trying to undo all the ugliness he generated because of it? 

I kinda hope she dies in a Sonny/Ava mob war unless she turns out to be Morgan's

I don't want to see dead kids but unless its reconned that she isn't a Cortinthos at all I would like to see it.  Let Sonny and Ava pay in some way for the life they chose. 

I also wouldn't mind if Michael or Morgan bit it for wanting to play big bad mob boss. 

Edited by ch1
  • Love 2

Yeah, I give no fucks about Ava losing her child.

Ava raised Kiki who is The. Worst.

Sonny and Carly raised Morgan and he's basically a male Kiki

Ava spent most of her tenure as Denise screwing her daughter's boyfriend, obsessing over her infant possession and allowing Keeks to mourn her death

Avery is fucked by both nature AND nurture. She had basically one shot and the Gliiter Princess ruined it so...

I was pro keeping Michael and Sabrina as Avery's parents. 1) It would endlessly piss off Sonny and Carly. 2) It would endlessly piss off Kiki and Michael.  3) It would make Ava's head explode. 4) It was divine retribution for all the things Carly and Sonny did to AJ. 

I don't give two damns about Ava as a character. I like Maura West and think she is an amazing actress. I compare her Carly on ATWT to her Ava on GH and the difference is marked: I hated Carly but MW made me feel for the character, not like her but feel for her; I can get into individual Ava scenes but I don't give a crap about Ava the character. She and Morgan were hot & wrong, the show was stupid to end that. 

Ava, Grab that baby and run.

No, Avery. Crawl to the nearest tree. Emma can give you nature pointers. But you'd have better luck there than being raised by the two slugs who sired you.

I'm pro-Ava with regards to Avery.  I am not here to see Sonny and Carly repeat history by denying another biological parent access to their child.  And considering that their rap sheets are pretty much identical, if Sonny gets to be an involved, active parent, so does Ava.

• Love 16

So Luke could exit without being responsible for a kid's death and trying to undo all the ugliness he generated because of it?

This. And I suppose to make it that much harder for Jakeson to leave Liz when he finds out he's really Jason. How can he leave the mother of one of his children for another?

Or, to put it in its baldest terms, ye olde plot point.

• Love 3

Something Dillon said today made some sense (not real world sense, but PC sense).  I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "Sonny doesn't run around wreaking havoc in town while people like the Jeromes do".  So, I took that to mean that the PC people beleive Sonny is "honourable" because he does his job running the shipping lanes to Canada to pass his bootleg Brokeback Mountain DVDs, or gummy bears, or whatever the heck he's peddling that isn't drugs.  And it's everyone else's fault for not letting him do that without trying to challenge him and take it away from him.  

Exactly! Never read it better. The Morons of PC can ignore what Sonny does because it doesn't affect them until he has an enemy to blame. All they see is the good Dad, the generous guy who loves his family. Anything else wouldn't be a problem if the enemy didn't make it one. It's a common mind set for those that live in Compton, for instance. It's always the "other" gangs that are the problem. I don't agree but I can see it.

No one but Alexis would shed a tear if Morgan had killed Julian but the horror of  Morgan actually going to jail for it was typical and in character for Michael and Carly.  The thought that maybe Morgan should not commit murder doesn't occur. Like when Michael takes over the Mob for a recovering Sonny, it doesn't occur that Duke, the last person that did this, is worm food. (spec)  How they can't see it is mystifying to me and I think it is what makes the story fail. Sonny is not a good guy or even a grey character. He is bad and seeing the bad guy win all the time is not fun nor is it good story-telling. IMO

I want to see Ava get Avery, not because she is any better than Sonny but because I want Sonny to lose. I would have been thrilled if Julian had turned the tables and killed Morgan. THAT would have been good TV.  This is pretty anti-climactic.JMO

• Love 6

I want to see Ava get Avery, not because she is any better than Sonny but because I want Sonny to lose. I would have been thrilled if Julian had turned the tables and killed Morgan. THAT would have been good TV.  This is pretty anti-climactic.JMO

Yes. Sonny needs to lose. I still have the Sonny in prison shows saved on my dvr. Good times. If I'm supposed to care about Julian vs. Sonny someone needs to forward me the memo and a few thousand in Zappos gift certificates. 

• Love 3

Robin & Patrick should have been written out together in early 2014. If Ron wanted to keep Emma to play out the kiddie quad, then have her stay with Anna or Mac & Felicia for reasons, because of course, and/or Helena.

If Frank didn't want to leave go of Jason, then have him play another character, Matt for example. But Patrick should have left with Robin.

Let's play Name.that.Character!

A). Leaves with daughter to travel the world; has a loving, tearful goodbye with love interest.

B). Held captive for over a year and the foreseeable future and no one gives a fuck.

Let's play Name.that.Character!

A). Leaves with daughter to travel the world; has a loving, tearful goodbye with love interest.

B). Held captive for over a year and the foreseeable future and no one gives a fuck.

Hmmm.  Please provide another hint.  Was this character also tortured for two years in captivity before her recent captivity stint?

• Love 1

Hmmm.  Please provide another hint.  Was this character also tortured for two years in captivity before her recent captivity stint?

Wait, are you suggesting this is the bright child who was so much in love she ignored the clear direction of her loving uncle and had unprotected sex with a street kid, and ended up with Hi-5?

WendyCR72

Yest. 6:27 pm

There is a rumor I read that a front-burner actor is leaving. I'd laugh and laugh some more if it is true and all of this shit surrounding Jakeson is for naught and Billy Miller gets the hell out of dodge.

Someone with backstage knowledge at GH says it's Jane Elliot.  Further fueling this is that 2 of her scenes in the last week or so have been cut. The latest scene is the one that was in spoilers with LLC.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 1

When Carly started shading Ava for sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend, I prayed for someone, anyone, to pop up and remind Carly about her fucking her mother's husband.

Beyond over all the "clever, ironic" double-talk dialogue in the Paul scenes.

• Love 12

Someone with backstage knowledge at GH says it's Jane Elliot.  Further fueling this is that 2 of her scenes in the last week or so have been cut. The latest scene is the one that was in spoilers with LLC.

What is the user name of the person with backstage knowledge?

When Carly started shading Ava for sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend, I prayed for someone, anyone, to pop up and remind Carly about her fucking her mother's husband.

I can't with the way Carly has basically staked claim to Avery as if she has any legal standing.  Of course, this is Port Charles, where if she peed on the kid's leg she'd probably be the legal parent.

• Love 9

What court in the land would let Alexis represent Julian for any reason?  So, so dumb.

But again, that rumor says front burner. JE hasn't been front burner ever in this last go round, certainly not recently. I am conflicted. Part of me would jump for joy and be so happy if it were true. Part sad, because I do think if it is her, the character won't go gentle into that good night.

And while I think the drama mined from Tracy being killed because of Paul's mob activities could be good, who would it be good FOR?

There are literally almost no Q's left to react to it, and only one on screen close to her. Two, if you count Monica, because they are close, in their weird, dysfunctional Q way.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I don't think they would kill Tracy off, but who knows. Not if they're still holding out hope for Tony Geary to ever make another appearance.

I don't think they would, but had you asked me ten years ago, I would have said they'd never kill off Alan, either.

TG can come back if he wants, but Luke needs to come back a new man, for Laura, or for his kid(s). That's a ship Tracy never needs to board again.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I don't think they would, but had you asked me ten years ago, I would have said they'd never kill off Alan, either.

That's why I said "but who knows" -  but I think two  things Tracy has is TG would be pissed if they killed Tracy off, and even though he's not on the show I'm sure they would like to try to get him back for guest stints, and even 10 years ago SD seemed frailer (imo) than Jane Elliot does now.

TG can come back if he wants, but he needs to come back a new man, for Laura, or for his kid(s). That's a ship Tracy never needs to board again.

I agree, but if they killed Tracy off with JE approving, I don't think TG would come back, no matter if his character's visit had anything to do with Tracy or not.

Or give JT a three-month vacation, and Patrick and Robin split up amicably offscreen for vague reasons, and he comes back to PC and has a clean slate to eventually date someone else.

There were a million ways for this show not to shit the bed, but Ron perversely made the worst storytelling choice. At every turn.

• Love 6

ulkis

6 minutes ago

What is the user name of the person with backstage knowledge?

Bell72, she is on another forum, she and a few others on other boards are all saying JE's contract is up very soon and she isn't resigning.  GOS and all.  

• Love 1

I am dreading the upcoming custody battle between Sonny and Ava. Neither of them deserve that baby. Look at how well their adult children have turned  out especially Morgan and Kiki.

Honestly its a shame this show doesn't have a special effects budget.  They need to have a shot of that baby packing her stuff, grabbing her stuffed teddy bear or whatever, sticking it in one of those sacks on a stick, throwing it over her shoulder and and getting out of dodge with a "screw you people.  I'm going to find myself a pack of wolves." 

I just can't with Carly and Sonny and their judging of suitable parents.  I just can't.  

• Love 14

I hate to admit this but Maurice has only screwed up maybe 10% of his lines since he's been in that hospital bed which is the best recitation of his lines that he's done in the past eight years.  I can't stand Sonny or Maurice, but I appreciate that the actor is trying (or that they have been able to have a teleprompter nearby his hospital bed).  

• Love 1

I've been spending this week with my 88 year old dad so I haven't seen any episodes. What I've come to realize is that the only parts I've missed (and will probably watch when I get home) are:

Any scenes w/Jane Elliott, especially if she is leaving soon and,

Baby Avery calling Ava "momma" while Carly is standing there.

That's it. I think I've become numb to the rest of the GH crap that is being served. DOOL - you've become my go-to soap.

• Love 1

Carly: you were planning on giving her fetal alcohol syndrome!

Morgan: That's disgusting

Shut up, brother drugger! Or is brother druggist? Either way, shut up. I will say, in general Morgan seemed more interested than indignant. That was a funny line when Ava responded to Carly's "you ruined Morgan's life!" hyperbole with, "well, even though Morgan's life is now apparently ruined, I'm still here for custody of my daughter."

I wish they hadn't gone the Paul blackmailing Ava route. It's irritating. I don't need to see Ava's tears at being forced to do bad things. If they want to have her do bad things just have at it. Well, if "bad" is doing mean things to Sonny.

Why are they doing that weird hair flip thing with Jason's hair, I hate it, I hate it so much.

Today's episode was pretty boring for me, besides the Carly/Ava scene. Where is Anna? I'd even take some Nikolas and Rebecca Budig right now (I'm fine with Dante's absence cause he was on a lot before this week).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4