Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

You don't have to know the entire history behind it to know that this Luke stuff is dreck. I mean, seriously? He is the very definition of dirty old man, and you want to sleep with him? My god, why? There must be more to it, but this angle is so stupid.

KeMo woke up today, good for her. I sadly didn't see much of the old inappropriate chemistry between them, but maybe that's because I've been spoiled by other relatives on this show.

I really want to be on Tracy's side for once, but she never should have sold her shares to Jerry Jax to begin with. Then they wouldn't be in this mess, at least not to this degree. No wonder she couldn't be mad at Brook Lynn, she knows she was an idiot all for that 153 year old loser.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9
(edited)

It would warm the cockles of my heart to see how many fans are coming around to liking Sabrina if it weren't for the fact that the main reason she is coming off so well these days is because all the other characters are being written so horridly.

Still, good on TeCa for sticking it out and bringing people around to seeing she does indeed have something to offer the show.

Eh. I may stand alone on this, but TeCa is still bland as hell and her character is boring. She's like a piece of soggy toast. Just because she's not prancing around anymore in her "She's All That" dork attire and fantasizing about some douchebag who just lost his wife and trying to pretend to be a babysitter to get closer to him doesn't change that. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

You don't have to know the entire history behind it to know that this Luke stuff is dreck. I mean, seriously? He is the very definition of dirty old man, and you want to sleep with him? My god, why? There must be more to it, but this angle is so stupid.

KeMo woke up today, good for her. I sadly didn't see much of the old inappropriate chemistry between them, but maybe that's because I've been spoiled by other relatives on this show.

I really want to be on Tracy's side for once, but she never should have sold her shares to Jerry Jax to begin with. Then they wouldn't be in this mess, at least not to this degree. No wonder she couldn't be mad at Brook Lynn, she knows she was an idiot all for that 153 year old loser.

They've dumbed down the Q's a lot, which I hope gets remedied. BUT the way they are currently written, any one of them would have done what Tracy did. At least Tracy had been married to Luke and in a off/on again relationship with him for almost ten years when she did what she did. Ned had been dating Olivia just a few months, and got Brooke involved, and they gave up their stock for OLIVIA?

They win the Dumb Q contest right now, as far as I can see.

At any rate, much like I can't believe Michael can run ELQ better than Tracy if Tracy is written right, I can't believe Tracy couldn't squash Nikolas with her pinkie finger. I will enjoy the ride, but the Q's better win, at the end of this.

I don't even care if Nik is still onboard-just not over them.

• Love 4

I thought Geary said he DIDN'T like Luke's exit story but that he finally resigned himself to the fact that he's just an actor, not a writer. And that once he did, he was at peace.

That's pretty much the quote I remember.

(edited)

pThat's pretty much the quote I remember.

I wish his gigantic ego could put the fans at rest. Imagine if the last memory we have of Luke is In bed , Yuck !

Edited by testardo

Good stuff from today.  Sam.  She perked up, and I could actually hear her dialogue without turning on Closed Captioning.  Whatever brought her to life should happen more often.

That's it!   Oh, Tracy was entertaining, and I don't mind her with Sabrina.  I don't mind Sabrina either, these days.

I'm hoping this storyline ends Rosalie once and for all, but now I'm afraid she'll end up being another of Luke's long-lost kids.  Nope, no good reason for the fear, but ever since Ethan crapped all over the show, I'm just irrational that way.

But I hope they get rid of her.  Show has too many snarky Snidely Whiplash wannabes as it is.  

I wish I could believe that was their intention, but their casting an attractive lady just makes me think this is one last sop to Tony Geary of what a hot piece of ass Luke is still supposed to be, even as he just turned 153. 

So this Jennifer Smith person, who was played for laughs, mostly, back in the day, has now ruined dairy products for me forever.  When she said - about Luke - "Why buy the cow when I can get the millk for free" - well, HELLO, ALMOND MILK!, Good bye, California Dairy commercials.

Yeah, Luke IS cow-like these days.  

lukeee.gif

Yeah, who wouldn't wanna tap that?

Okay,Show, Geary is taking his saggy ass across the ocean wide to bore the Dutch to death in Amsterdam, but do you really need to debase GH to this extent?

We get it.  He's a legend in his own mind.  And a stud, apparently.

Funny, somehow I never saw that permed, chinless, beady-eyed, chicklet-teethed pompous blowhard as a sex object.  Funny that way.  But Geary, how can we miss you if you won't go away?

• Love 10

I'm willing to suspend disbelief while watching a soap - up to a point. I do not believe for a second that Carly wouldn't have snatched Denise's wig off her head within minutes of meeting her

• Love 14

Don't get me wrong, I am surprised and pleased they have dumped the decades-long Fat Jennifer Smith joke which was not terribly funny to begin with (and oh my God, the Sally Struthers story in 2002 with her living on a dude ranch, cowboy hat and all, was terrible), and Holly Gagnier looks amazing for 56-57. They also didn't reference Jennifer's previous appearance at all, which makes me wonder if RC just turned up his nose at it entirely in favor of the original Jennifer from the '80s. And as a huge geek, my frame of reference for Gagnier is not her brief OLTL stint but rather her star turn in the Wing Commander games. Anyone? No?

Anyway: The Jennifer thing is fuckin' stupid, but I have to assume she is just another Russian doll facade for someone else. I have a feeling it's gonna be a bad guy cavalcade for weeks. But did they have to have a line about her wanting Luke's 157-year-old milk?

• Love 5

I'm willing to suspend disbelief while watching a soap - up to a point. I do not believe for a second that Carly wouldn't have snatched Denise's wig off her head within minutes of meeting her

When has she met her? Seriously, have they had any scenes together?

• Love 2

Too bad for Jennifer she didn't meet up with him when he was Fluke.  Because that man was looking to sleep with every woman in town, except for Tracy.

It's also now canon that Luke is at least 150 years old.

• Love 7

Let's see... if I had the choice to bone Luke or Lucky... hmmmmm really, it's like Sophie's Choice.

You're right.  All that snarky oozing from Luke, all those snuffles and tears from Lucky.

I'd stick with the cow and have a pot roast.  

• Love 4

Not the mention the cost of keeping Robin captive all these years. After all good goons don't come cheap.

Actually I saw the expense report. The goons are paid below minimum wage....the real deficit is the 3 gourmet meals, 10000 thread count sheets, weekly massages and monthly facials that Robin gets while being....away on vacation. Or kidnapped, whatever they call it these days.

• Love 7

Don't get me wrong, I am surprised and pleased they have dumped the decades-long Fat Jennifer Smith joke which was not terribly funny to begin with (and oh my God, the Sally Struthers story in 2002 with her living on a dude ranch, cowboy hat and all, was terrible), and Holly Gagnier looks amazing for 56-57. They also didn't reference Jennifer's previous appearance at all, which makes me wonder if RC just turned up his nose at it entirely in favor of the original Jennifer from the '80s. 

I mean, I know the original reason the Fat Jennifer Smith joke originated was because Roseanne was a huge fan of GH (and OLTL, for that matter) and they found her a way to appear on the show (and allowed ABC to promote two shows in the process), but the by the time you bring Sally Struthers into it years later, it just seems cruel (Although the joke I heard back then when a gossip segment of a radio show in the DC area announced she would be on the show and would be playing the hospital will never NOT be funny to me. Yes, apparently I'm still 13, like I was then.).

Actually, I'm curious as to whether Roseanne still watches GH (or if she watched OLTL to the end on ABC or on Hulu). I guess not; she'd probably be ranting to Ron every day on Twitter about the state of the show.

...I would pay good money for that to happen tbh. Ron wouldn't know what hit him.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ned had been dating Olivia just a few months, and got Brooke involved, and they gave up their stock for OLIVIA?

Stop, you're going to give dubbel zout a rage blackout.

Bwah! I was just thinking how glad I am this part of the story will be offscreen while LiLoC is on mat leave.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a bad guy cavalcade for weeks.

Sigh. *resigns self to the unwanted yet inevitable truth.*

...I would pay good money for that to happen tbh. Ron wouldn't know what hit him.

I wonder if he'd have the guts to ban her.

Edited by dubbel zout

I wonder if he'd have the guts to ban her.

He certainly wouldn't ... I mean, not at least before berating her for not understanding how to make a successful television show on ABC.

• Love 3

He certainly wouldn't ... I mean, not at least before berating her for not understanding how to make a successful television show on ABC.

Think about it. He complains about her ranting/bans her, she rants about him, her fans begin saying things about him on Twitter, this makes the mainstream news, and Ron is FINALLY let go by ABC!

DON'T SHATTER MY DREAMS, PEOPLE. 

• Love 2

Nikolas did NOT just invoke Edward's name like that.  Tracy should have yanked off her earrings and beat his ass bloody.  I cannot WAIT until his comeuppance comes.

This writing for Jennifer Smith is really the worst.  And why did Blackie Parrish and Lord Ashton have to get dragged into it?

Monica's on vacation.  Is it a cruise, Ron?

• Love 5

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more...Sam punching Liz in the face, Luke finally exiting stage left, Nik trying to use his love life as an excuse, or the look on Patrick's face when he realizes that while he's been fucking and playing house with Sam, Robin has been a captive.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm ready to shoot the old school picture of the Spencers.

Maxie drove 7 hours to NYC for a haircut? They're in fakebuffalo!

I would have really loved the double date if Liz weren't keeping this secret. Boo.

T-swizzle? Ugh, no, this isn't Jason.

Michael was hot. Disconcerting.

Laura's faces were hilarious in a good way.

I hate Dillon and his fakeass bond with Lulu.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Am I the only one who finds lucy voting with Nik kinda out of character for her? I doubt RC cares though.

Am I the only one who finds lucy voting with Nik kinda out of character for her? I doubt RC cares though.

• Love 2

Oh I assume Nikolas has something on her.  Perhaps her stealing that box of ballots?

• Love 6

Oh I assume Nikolas has something on her.  Perhaps her stealing that box of ballots?

I knew he had to have something on her, but completely forgot about the ballot box. I'm sure that's it! He was far too confident when Michael said that Lucy was the tiebreaker and would always side with the Qs.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh, all of Ron's nods to history are so ham handed and stupid. The Demi Moore/Jackie Templeton one might have been the worst.

Jake's been on the job less than a week and he's already gotten a bonus check? (no wonder ELQ is in trouble) I think it's sad that they couldn't spring for a conference room set-- having a board meeting in Michael's office just seemed so cheap.

On a shallow note: I want Liz's top.

Edited by sacrebleu

having a board meeting in Michael's office just seemed so cheap.

If there were other members of the board, I'd agree with you. But it was just the immediate family. Which makes me wonder, who exactly were these mysterious board members Ned referred to when he tried to remove Michael as CEO?

I knew he had to have something on her, but completely forgot about the ballot box. I'm sure that's it! He was far too confident when Michael said that Lucy was the tiebreaker and would always side with the Qs.

Is it possible Lucy is just being a bitch to Michael because he was rude to Duke before he died?  

Also, Nikolas is pathetic, he can't keep an eye on his own company, but let him run ELQ?  

Last, where is Alexis in this storyline?  Nikolas lied to her face and isn't she Michael's/ELQ atty?  What is up?

• Love 2

Stop, you're going to give dubbel zout a rage blackout.

I have face palmed quite a lot during GH lately myself. Still, I am enjoying seeing these characters mix it up.

Someone, I don't care who, (I haven't watched yet today), needs to gently remind Nikolas that Tracy, in her own twisted way, did care about Emily. She faced down Helena to get back that stupid book of spells after Helena placed the curse on Emily. Tracy. Not Nikolas, Liz, Alan, Monica, Jason, Dillon, Skye, Ned, Michael, or anyone else. Emily would have died, otherwise. Tracy also gave her the famous "get up and act like a Quartermaine" speech, and no way would Tracy ever have said that if she didn't accept Emily. As far as bashing Emily, that's just the Q way, the more you're "in", the more they give you grief. Well, at least the old school Q's did it that way. I want them to continue that tradition.

• Love 4

Someone, I don't care who, (I haven't watched yet today), needs to gently remind Nikolas that Tracy, in her own twisted way, did care about Emily.

All the Quartermaines cared about Emily, Michael included.  Nikolas' reasoning is bunk.  No matter how he rationalizes it, he's doing something to Emily's family she would never approve of.

• Love 16

I also questioned where Alexis is during all this. Sam didn't even ask Nikolas if her mother knows what he's doing. And while I appreciate Michael being somewhat savvy about the holdings and Edward's will, shouldn't the company lawyer be present at a board meeting? Especially when the atorey's nephew is involved?

• Love 1

I don' think Alexis is an attorney for ELQ, she handled personal matters for him.

But yes, Sam might want to tear herself away from the boys her milkshake brought to the yard and tell Alexis what's going on.

• Love 2

NLG said she wasn't working all summer. Whether she's being punished for being too spoiler happy on twitter or maybe they decided to free up some money for Genie by not using NLG this summer, who knows.