Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Spencer yells at Emma, in front of Patrick, and then Emma tells Patrick Spencer wants her to be his one true love. He immediately should have called Nikolas and told him to get his kid some damn therapy and to forbid his driver to drive Spencer over to his house.

<Dead-eyed stare>

• Love 3

I love how a sex positive woman, Hayden, is not so subtly being presented as some sort of bizarro for not only wanting to have sex with a man she finds attractive, but VERBALIZING this desire in a clear, straight forward manner.

Thanks for the sexism GH.

• Love 12

Steve and Audrey Hardy.

I'm pretty sure they had an affair or two in the beginning. Didn't they both have kids with other people? Or did that come from before their marriage?

And, apparently, Sam's "moving in," although she didn't even come with an overnight bag or even a big purse

I'll fanwank this....we saw Sam leave the penthouse with a bunch of bags (after saying goodbye to Alexis).  I'll say that the bags were in the car, which she couldn't bring with her on the motorcycle, so left them at the garage for Jake to drop off later after he fixes her car.   

• Love 1
(edited)

I honestly don't buy that Dante would cheat. Lulu is another story. But they could set up the opposite, with time and care. Which they won't!

I love how a sex positive woman, Hayden, is not so subtly being presented as some sort of bizarro for not only wanting to have sex with a man she finds attractive, but VERBALIZING this desire in a clear, straight forward manner.

Thanks for the sexism GH.

Meanwhile, Grayson McCouch dropping trou for ex co-worker Anna every time she comes to his door about law enforcement business is presented as fun and mischievous. He's a real man, Anna, he knows what you want! This is a weird trend that has emerged in Ron's writing over the past five or six years, where he's had guys do shit like that - expose themselves, blatantly be creeps - and then be presented as charming rogues for doing so. I was hoping it was gone. I'm pretty sure even the super-campy towel-dropping has happened before. It's all so gross.

Didn't Luke/Felicia happen while he was still married to Laura?

I believe they were already separated and seeing other people, or close to seeing them. Felicia, OTOH, was happily married to Mac.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, well, well, Spenthaw has officially exposed himself as yet another mah-nipple-lative, emotionally-abusive douche. The way he threw that ring and stormed off . . . He'll be hitting some wimmins by his 12th coronation. I loved Emma's reaction to him and the way JT played Patrick's reaction to Emma telling him what happened. I almost wonder if that head turn was unscripted the way Jason played it; it came across as the actor, not just the character, thinking it was bizarre.

TCa's hair looked amazing.

Someone needs to push The Captain & The Mooch into a vat of nuclear waste.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
I honestly don't buy that Dante would cheat

Ditto.  I just can't see it. 

Spencer.  Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!  How does anyone put up with that brat?  It's not your face, dude, it's your personality.  It sucks. 

• Love 11

Helena didn't need to utter curses or inflict weather machines on Port Charles: Unleashing the horror that is Spencer is the evilest revenge of all. Nik needs a vasectomy so no more like that brat spring from his loins.

• Love 12

I don't buy that Dante would cheat. But I also don't buy that Patrick would forget about Robin, Nik would keep the Jason secret, Jake wouldn't care about his past, Sam wouldn't call Robin to find out what happened with Jason, Morgan wouldn't side with Michael, Carly wouldn't beg for Michael's forgiveness, Sonny would kill AJ, Kiki would want Sonny raising Avery...

What makes Dante special? He'll be OOC like everyone else.

• Love 12
(edited)

I don't buy that Dante would cheat. But I also don't buy that Patrick would forget about Robin, Nik would keep the Jason secret, Jake wouldn't care about his past, Sam wouldn't call Robin to find out what happened with Jason, Morgan wouldn't side with Michael, Carly wouldn't beg for Michael's forgiveness, Sonny would kill AJ, Kiki would want Sonny raising Avery...

taking my response to the Corinthos thread.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

I think Ron completely changed Michael and Morgan's dynamic. Morgan loved Michael so much. Looked up to him as a hero. Yes, I really believe that. Morgan also freaking loved Jax. He was never, until Ron, completely obsessed with Sonny.

And, no, I didn't think Sonny would kill AJ at this point in the show.

ETA: Oops. Already replied here. Oh, well!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I think Ron completely changed Michael and Morgan's dynamic. Morgan loved Michael so much. Looked up to him as a hero. Yes, I really believe that. Morgan also freaking loved Jax. He was never, until Ron, completely obsessed with Sonny.

And, no, I didn't think Sonny would kill AJ at this point in the show.

ETA: Oops. Already replied here. Oh, well!

I wrote more there, so feel free to check it out :)

(edited)
I honestly don't buy that Dante would cheat

Ditto.  I just can't see it.

Other than his extracurricular activities with his now not-boss, Anna, right?  Right? Okay, don't answer that. Just let me enjoy my little slice of made-up GH.

Plus Anna's on his list of 5, so it's totally okay.  At least that's how I might've fanwanked it.

It will probably be like how Sam and Patrick were in Amsterdam.  He'll be in a room with a woman and it'll be like, "Look, I don't want to do this, but the laws of anatomy, physics, and bad soap storytelling require that we both have an understanding that sex must occur."

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5
Morgan also freaking loved Jax. He was never, until Ron, completely obsessed with Sonny.

With Jax gone, though, it makes sense to me that Morgan would turn his attention to Sonny. Morgan was always the forgotten child, even with Jax's attention. I don't know why Morgan doesn't go with Joss to Australia every once in a while to visit Jax. 

• Love 8

Jake and Sam were cute today. Spencer was not. That boy needs to calm the eff down.

And I want Morgan and Kiki to feel the full force of karma after that shit stunt. IDEC about pretending to be together or the reporter, the drugging was enough.

• Love 9

And I want Morgan and Kiki to feel the full force of karma after that shit stunt. IDEC about pretending to be together or the reporter, the drugging was enough.

Which reminds me...Alice NEEDS to be handed her walking papers, if she's spouting off about the ELQ troubles to any halfwit who comes to the door.

• Love 6

I haven't watched in a minute and will probably skip today too. Let me get this straight. Spencer went into the safe in order to find the ring Britt gave to him but got the Holy hitman's ring instead. He then goes to Robin's house and throws the ring at Emma in anger. So the whole purpose of Sam moving in with Patrick was to find St. Jasus' ring.

Ron's specialty plot point, plot point, camp, anvil & plot point.

• Love 10
(edited)

I haven't watched in a minute and will probably skip today too. Let me get this straight. Spencer went into the safe in order to find the ring Britt gave to him but got the Holy hitman's ring instead. He then goes to Robin's house and throws the ring at Emma in anger. So the whole purpose of Sam moving in with Patrick was to find St. Jasus' ring.

Ron's specialty plot point, plot point, camp, anvil & plot point.

Pretty much, it was like that damn tape recorder on OLTL with the truth about Liam's paternity on it than improbably got passed from person to person just so it could end up in the hands the plot needed it to.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Sam won't even find it, she'll have a lot of scenes where the ring is right there! or she almost sees it but is interrupted before she does. Danny will probably find the ring and hid it in his toy motorcycle or something. Or someone who already knows Jake is Jason will find it just in the nick of time. Ugh. Ron's really going to drag this shit out until November sweeps, isn't he?

Nik seems awfully upset at a stranger for doing the same thing he is (relatively speaking--*rimshot*).

• Love 8

Nik seems awfully upset at a stranger for doing the same thing he is (relatively speaking--*rimshot*).

But Nik has, like, SUCH a good reason.  It's because...um...it's because...uh...

• Love 6
(edited)
Didn't the Fluke story start with Fluke perving on Kiki so hard we all were speculating that he was going to sexually assault her?

I thought it started when FLuke was talking to Julian on the docks and said that he had to go see his "ex," which ended up being Tracy. It made me think that FLuke was actually Anthony Z. wearing a mask and a bunch of lifts.

Wow!! KeMo and Billy Miller really have chemistry. They both popped in those scenes - unlike in their respective scenes with JT and BH. I wonder if it's just the actors or how they are playing the storyline.

Considering what Spencer's been through, I'll give him a pass on his behavior today --- and the fact that the whole scene was a major plot point in the Jakeson story.

Edited by Baxter
  • Love 6

I agree.  Morgan also is using his friendship with Alice to get the goods on Michael and ELQ (and gain access to the Q mansion to drug his brother).  I just don't see where this rage from Morgan came from against Michael.  Also, RC is doing his usual 180 flip in writing in order to further storyline.  Since when has Michael given a damn about Kiki Jerome?  Since when has Michael cared if she was banging Morgan or any other guy on planet earth?  Am I suppose to believe that Michael is actually jealous of Kiki being with Morgan?  REALLY??  Michael hasn't looked twice at Kiki since November.  I hate when RC just pulls something out of his ass in order to give Michael an excuse to get upset in a public place to show he's not competent to raise Avery, and the "something" he used is Kiki??  Hello plot contrivance. 

It's this kind of lazy writing that makes a potentially decent storyline look stupid.  Michael does not love Kiki, and if the audience was suppose to believe that he did, we should have seen evidence of it for the last five months.  Instead, Michael looked and acted like a man who was thrilled to have that monkey (or albatross) off his back.  Who would want that girl in their life in the first place?  She's a train wreck.

• Love 11

It's this kind of lazy writing that makes a potentially decent storyline look stupid.  Michael does not love Kiki, and if the audience was suppose to believe that he did, we should have seen evidence of it for the last five months.  Instead, Michael looked and acted like a man who was thrilled to have that monkey (or albatross) off his back.  Who would want that girl in their life in the first place?  She's a train wreck.

He certainly should have been even more relieved he was free of Kiki when Kiki "revealed" she and Morgan were together. That's proof that she's vile right there.

However, I do think he would still be a little hurt by his brother throwing it in his face that they were two-timing him, or even just thinking that. Despite the fact that he two-times Morgan first. Or even because of it. As in he's thinking, "crap, I threw away so much shit on the worthless piece of shit that is Kiki." That's how I'll fanwank it, heh.

• Love 4
(edited)

He certainly should have been even more relieved he was free of Kiki when Kiki "revealed" she and Morgan were together. That's proof that she's vile right there.

Seriously, he predicted this when he dumped her back in November, that she would go running back to Morgan, that it was his turn to deal with her tiffling ass.

But yeah, I get him having a twinge about it because he, for whatever reason, did love her.

And you know Kiki is LOVING this shit.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I have just finished mopping the bathroom floors.  That was more interesting than today's episode.  And when it wasn't boring, it was infuriating.

While I was no fan of oldKiki, at least she was a character, whether likeable or not.  nuKiki is a walking plot point.  She bears no resemblance to oldKiki at all.  Girl, Michael was showing concern for you, in spite of everything, worried that you were being taken advantage of by a sleazeball, but, instead of recognizing that and acknowledging it like a normal human being, you guffaw with your partner in crime and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.  Idiots.  Do these doofuses - doofi - realize Michael could get behind the wheel of a car while under the influence of their magic potion?  Do they realize A.J. could be in the car with him?  It bears repeating:  Idiots.

I'm willing to give Morgan another chance, as he's been on the show longer, he's been a person before, and I've liked him.  But nuKiki?  She's a waste of space in PC and on my TV screen.  She's not a person; she's definitely not Kiki.  She can be killed in a hail of mob war gunfire, sooner rather than later.  Oh, and Morgan, in as little regard as I hold your parents, even I don't think either Sonny or Carly is going to be thanking you for this escapade.

Also?  Spencer.  He could not be more ridiculous.  The way he flounced out of Patrick's house?  Oy.  I'd like to know what treatments he received that would heal severe burns down the whole right side of his body - not just his face - and make the boy so mobile and flexible and bouncy in so short a time.  Perhaps it was some sort of Cassadine voodoo.  That inexplicably doesn't work on his face.  Well, I hope the next batch of voodoo fixes him up completely, otherwise he's going to spend his lifetime blaming every failure, slight or insult, real or imagined, on his scarred face.  Nicholas, maybe it's time to be thinking of some therapy for this child, even if his scars are fixed.

• Love 10

I've been meaning to say this, but Budig has been looking flawless.

I have always thought Rebecca is one of the cutest people on the planet, and I am loving watching her now.

It won't do any good for the Prince to ream Spencer's chauffeur about driving him to Emma's house. In the past, I remember Spencer saucily telling somebody that if the chauffeur didn't do what he was told, Spencer would simply call a cab.

What excuse did Jake give Sam for not wearing a helmet on the motorcycle? He seemed completely blasé.

Are we sure Spencer isn't Sonny's son, instead of his nephew? Because that was some serious douchebaggery. Did he actually ask Emma why she wasn't waiting for him at Windemere? Throwing that ring (I guess no barware was handy). And, of course, accusing her of 'betrayal' because she didn't cede to his wishes?

I actually like Nic getting involved in this Jake nonesense. Now he has a foil instead of just sitting around the castle having flashbacks and looking pained whenever someone mentions Jake (which happens about 87 times a day).

• Love 2

What excuse did Jake give Sam for not wearing a helmet on the motorcycle? He seemed completely blasé.

I guess after X number of brain surgeries that it's a given that there's nothing left in his skull that needs protecting. 

• Love 9

While I was no fan of oldKiki, at least she was a character, whether likeable or not.  nuKiki is a walking plot point. 

That was old Kiki too.

Oh, and Morgan, in as little regard as I hold your parents, even I don't think either Sonny or Carly is going to be thanking you for this escapade.

I could almost feel sorry for him. He is gonna get a cold hard slap of who mommy and daddy still really love the mostest when they hear about this.

• Love 5

I think I finished this ep in like 10 minutes.

Jakeson/Sam have much more chem in ffwd than Jakeson/Liz have in ffwd.

Dude. Yes. And Jakeson and Sam had more passion in a blurry kiss than Sam/Patrick have had for months.

• Love 5

But Nik has, like, SUCH a good reason.  It's because...um...it's because...uh...

Wasn't Nik in love with Liz five minutes ago? And even if he's inexplicably over it, aren't they still friends? Have there been any scenes where he expressed remorse (during a monologue, natch) for not telling her that Jake is Jason?

(edited)

You'd think so, but I cannot think of one married couple on soap operas who, if they stayed on the show, hadn't eventually cheated and/or broke up and then started a new relationship. Of course I haven't watched all the soaps ever so maybe there was one somewhere.

Steve and Audrey Hardy.

Brian and Claudia, I think.

Luke and Laura never cheated on each other (not including re-writes), though they did eventually break up.

Robert Scorpio never cheated on a spouse, though they -- or he -- wound up dying.

I'm pretty sure they had an affair or two in the beginning. Didn't they both have kids with other people? Or did that come from before their marriage?

These posts set me to thinking again about the history of couples on GH.  It's been a while, so I had to go back and look at the histories of Steve & Audrey and Brian & Claudia.  I couldn't find much about the latter couple, but the romantic life of Steve & Audrey was certainly not one long, continuously happy marriage - especially on Audrey's part. These were not simple, tawdry affairs and there were reasons for the splits; however,  Audrey had one other engagement and two other marriages.

Luke and Laura met while Laura was married to someone else, a marriage which did not officially end until months before Luke and Laura's fabled wedding in 1981.  And then, a few months after this wedding, Laura disappeared to reappear only for relatively short stays until she and Luke returned together in 1992.   With all this talk about lasting marriages, I've asked  myself what the writers would have done even with Luke and Laura had both actors stayed on the GH canvas throughout the 80s.  Certainly, they had a rather good run with happy times in the 90s - as an older, more established couple.  But, eventually, their marriage did break down.

The exit of one-half of the partnership also provided reasons for new romantic partnerships for Robert & Holly and Frisco & Felicia. 

But my point here is not to rehash history, so I won't get into a litany of examples.  To repeat, I just find myself wondering how these couples stories would have unfolded had all the players stayed on the GH canvas indefinitely. 

And, to bring this to the present topic of Dante and Lulu and their relationship and marriage, for me, this look back in time shows me even more how atypical they are of GH couples, past and present.  I am NOT saying that this is a bad thing:  I'm just saying it's a different thing.

Edited by Aurora2

However, I do think he would still be a little hurt by his brother throwing it in his face that they were two-timing him, or even just thinking that. Despite the fact that he two-times Morgan first. Or even because of it. As in he's thinking, "crap, I threw away so much shit on the worthless piece of shit that is Kiki." That's how I'll fanwank it, heh.

I guess that's true enough, and maybe the drugs just lower his inhibitions or unmask his emotions.  We still don't know what drugs Morgan gave his brother or what it actually is doing to him.  

What is wrong with some people? There are people on another site rooting for Morki's plan to work.

A lot are Morgan fans who don't like that he's the bad guy right now, and so they are trying to explain away his actions by saying "Michael shouldn't have taken Avery" as if she somehow belongs to Morgan and Kiki instead.  Frankly, Morgan and Kiki are proving that Avery should not be allowed anywhere near them.

• Love 6

Typical Nik that he has Patrick reprimand Spencer for not letting him (Nik) know where he is. Patrick needs to tell Nik that his stupid little shit of a son is acting really inappropriate. At least Patrick doesn't think Spencer is being cute.

Lauren and Morgan can't think on their feet at all. What a couple of dunderheads.

Have there been any scenes where he expressed remorse (during a monologue, natch) for not telling her that Jake is Jason?

Nik hasn't told anyone that Jake is Jason, let alone apologize. 

Oh, Ric. "No pressure" usually means you're putting on pressure.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, Ric. "No pressure" usually means you're putting on pressure.

"No pressure, but I'm coming to see you. "No pressure, but please love me again." "No pressure, but we should totally have sex." Calm down, Ric! Liz isn't even worth this. He's so pathetic. At least he looks ugly now with that beard, so I'm not too broken up about how awful he is.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Nik hasn't told anyone that Jake is Jason, let alone apologize. 

I think Oracle42 meant, has Nikolas privately shown any remorse?  And the answer is no.  Because that would probably also involve invoking the reasons for Nikolas' random turn to the dark side and his crusade to get ELQ and you know the writers don't have one.

• Love 4

These posts set me to thinking again about the history of couples on GH.  It's been a while, so I had to go back and look at the histories of Steve & Audrey and Brian & Claudia.  I couldn't find much about the latter couple, but the romantic life of Steve & Audrey was certainly not one long, continuously happy marriage - especially on Audrey's part. These were not simple, tawdry affairs and there were reasons for the splits; however,  Audrey had one other engagement and two other marriages.

Luke and Laura met while Laura was married to someone else, a marriage which did not officially end until months before Luke and Laura's fabled wedding in 1981.  And then, a few months after this wedding, Laura disappeared to reappear only for relatively short stays until she and Luke returned together in 1992.   With all this talk about lasting marriages, I've asked  myself what the writers would have done even with Luke and Laura had both actors stayed on the GH canvas throughout the 80s.  Certainly, they had a rather good run with happy times in the 90s - as an older, more established couple.  But, eventually, their marriage did break down.

The exit of one-half of the partnership also provided reasons for new romantic partnerships for Robert & Holly and Frisco & Felicia. 

But my point here is not to rehash history, so I won't get into a litany of examples.  To repeat, I just find myself wondering how these couples stories would have unfolded had all the players stayed on the GH canvas indefinitely. 

And, to bring this to the present topic of Dante and Lulu and their relationship and marriage, for me, this look back in time shows me even more how atypical they are of GH couples, past and present.  I am NOT saying that this is a bad thing:  I'm just saying it's a different thing.

Replying about all the historical cheating / non-cheating in the history thread ....

"No pressure, but I'm coming to see you. "No pressure, but please love me again." "No pressure, but we should totally have sex." Calm down, Ric! Liz isn't even worth this. He's so pathetic. At least he looks ugly now with that beard, so I'm not too broken up about how awful he is.

I think Ric (RH) looks good with the beard - so did MB.  I don't really blame Ric, although I hate that the writing has gone right back to making Ric the bad guy (same as with AJ and making him the loser drunk).  Elizabeth is the dumb one for going back to him - and she will.  She's the pathetic one in that Ric knows her so well that he just has to manipulate the situation a little bit and Elizabeth will do exactly as he hoped.  Ugh, I wish they'd put Elizabeth on the back burner for a while, from her going to AJ then Nikolas then Ric then Nikolas then back to Ric then Jake and now Ric again?  It's too much.

• Love 2