Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

One has goose tats..... one doesn't. Billy Miller is trying to do his job, but legit doesn't have a clue what's going on. "Um you guys said I'm playing Jason Morgan. Why am I playing this Jake Doe guy?" Jason Thompson looks at script. "Oh. Kim isn't here. Eh. I need coffee. God. Whatever. Let's do this so I can go home. Fuck."

KeMo wears sunglasses indoors all the time to hide her severe eye rolls when JT tries to discuss his character's motivation.

• Love 4

Patrick gleefully watching Alexis and Julian cover up was damn entertaining for me. But I am one to revel in the awkward by laughing it away. And at this point, years of pleasant Sam have nearly washed away my memories of constantly wailing Sam, so I really do like her and her desire to help Jake. Wouldn't be wise, but I could see myself want to help him too. Yeah, Robin is my forever favorite, and I can still enjoy Patrick and Sam together. It's a good mid-game for them both, like Sam, Lucky, and the hot but once upon a time. But naw, I don't need them moving in together.

I've never seen Rebecca Budig act before (I only know of her because, hey, we watch soaps, we know the names out there), and I quite like her energy so far. Way more appealing of a conniver than Nina ever was. Perhaps because she's not yet another crazy woman? I do wish Ric Lansing had ever been a character to root for, though. Rick Hearst is just so darn impressive, I want to root for Ric. But I can't--I'm a good guys girl.

LOL, Ned and Olivia continue the tradition of discussing secrets out in the open through that Kelly's conversation.

I'm a sucker for Liason--I still remember Jason and Liz stuck in the elevator back in, what? 2007? That and Jason after Alan's death are the only times I liked the character throughout all of the 2000s. I dig the new Spencer cousin, too. Hmm. I think I dug most of this episode even without my current fave, Michael, on. 

[thus concludes your occasional resident optimist post]

• Love 4

One has goose tats..... one doesn't. Billy Miller is trying to do his job, but legit doesn't have a clue what's going on. "Um you guys said I'm playing Jason Morgan. Why am I playing this Jake Doe guy?" Jason Thompson looks at script. "Oh. Kim isn't here. Eh. I need coffee. God. Whatever. Let's do this so I can go home. Fuck."

KeMo wears sunglasses indoors all the time to hide her severe eye rolls when JT tries to discuss his character's motivation.

And if so, she has every right to. Not to beat an already liquefied horse, but I think Grrpants09 summed it up really well. JT obviously loved working with Kimberly, and that's great, but I don't think he's given many fucks, if any at all, for whatever direction Patrick might be headed in since then. He shows up, sleepwalks through his scenes, then goes home. Patrick isn't Jake - he's Silas.

• Love 3
Also, I personally have to blame BH a bit for it because she just always naturally goes to that bitch face and smug voice.

I love Liz and have no idea what that 'bitch face' y'all are talking about. It's just a normal expression for someone as awesome as her character when dealing with something beneath her.

What about Alexis whining that houses are expensive?  Excuse me, aren't you a successful lawyer?  Wasn't your bombed house insured?

I look at how these writers habitually humanize the mob. Julian/character is a violent thug with a sweet side and nice abs.  In the GH in my head - Dr. Alexis would be at home strategizing about a tough surgery scheduled for tomorrow and Dr. Julian would just be coming off of a tough shift where one of his residents screwed up.

Seriously, WTF was with Geary's now-Southern accent?

I couldn't stop staring at his glassy eyes but whatever accent he was going for yesterday didn't sound like a southern accent. This character's shark is well past the 'jumped' phase. 

Again, they're writing every character as if they have an IQ of 70 in order to move their stories along.

If only these stories would move along. 

I can't believe we actually got a day free of both Sonny & Carly.
  • Love 1

I laughed yesterday when Nathan said "I've finally met the girl of my dreams and she's in love with someone else!" The man looked like a sad teddy bear, he belongs at the kids' table at Kelly's with Spencer, Cam, Joss and Emma.

Plywood belongs outside so dogs can pee on him. Stupid tree. 

• Love 1

I have a feeling that Sonny is in on this plot of Ric's. No spoilers, just spec on my part when he said he had connections yesterday.

Hey Tracy, just because you didn't see a litter box doesn't mean one isn't there. They saw ONE room. A lot of people keep them in their bathrooms. What stupid logic. I barely paid attention to those scenes though. I do like Val though. The actress seems competent.

I liked the Sam stuff from yesterday. I love it when she gets to do "comedic" scenes. She is really good at them.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 3

I legit didn't see a bitch face on BH till Monday's episode. Before that, it looked like she smelled something foul. No way on Cookie's broom handle beating Earth that a room with the beauty of Rebecca Herbst, Rebecca Budig, and Billy Miller has anything foul, but the words on the script Ron wrote.

• Love 1
I don't know why Lulu wasn't more skeptical about Valerie. She bought everything hook, line, and sinker. She's a Spencer, not Morgan, FFS.

Ah, yes, her name is Lulu SPENCER Falconeri.   However, does anyone other me feel that most of her "Spencer-ness" has come from placing her in scenes with the right people and mostly from dialogue references from these people telling us Lulu is a Spencer?   A kind of narration so we can be reminded of who she is and what she should be like.  But, really, other than her brief good moments in early February sweeps going on the warpath about Luke, how much "Spencer" has really been delivered in Lulu's own words and actions?  Especially the "skeptical intuitiveness" which  we should have seen with Valerie?   Instead she wanted to pat Gunner and enjoy her tuna melt.  Help me here - I gloss over some GH days and may have missed key intuitive scenes from this woman carrying the Spencer name. 

I think the water supply poison that was released a couple years ago DID pollute Port Charles - it lowered everyone's IQs by 50 points (and for some, that takes theirs into the negative numbers).

And this suggestion about the water supply poison may explain the loss of some of Lulu's "Spencer smarts."   Prior to this September, 2012, event, RC was actually writing an intuitive, smart, capable Spencer woman.  She was the one whose good instincts solved the Ronnie stripper case.  When her con man father was hiding that he and Tracy had stashed AZ's body, Lulu cut through the BS immediately and called her father on it.   She also saw through him re his love life at the time.  She also cut though Patrick's BS re his drug abuse ...  and saw that he was given the tough love he needed to move past the drugs. 

And then ... float though the fall ... maybe to give the water poison time to work ... and, by November, Lulu is embarquing on the surrogacy plan with Maxie.  Now, to give Lulu credit, she still had the smarts to suggest at first that having Maxie as a surrogate was a bad idea - and to be very wary (annoying so) when Maxie was supposedly carrying her child.

And we know the rest. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

Does he not realize if they get back together it will only be because she couldn't have Jakeson's penis?

They only way for any man to get Liz is if she recently couldn't have a penis she wanted. Why all these men still keep circling her I have no idea. It makes them all look so stupid and pathetic.

In other news, Sam got up into bed with her shoes on...ewww...just eww.

I hate that. I'm glad I ffwd those scenes because that would have driven me crazy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I have a feeling that Sonny is in on this plot of Ric's. No spoilers, just spec on my part when he said he had connections yesterday.

That would be a really interesting twist. I hate that Ric is once again a Sonny-ass-kisser, but the brothers working together to get rid of that bore Jake would be fun, especially if we get to see them plotting together.

Hey Tracy, just because you didn't see a litter box doesn't mean one isn't there. They saw ONE room. A lot of people keep them in their bathrooms. What stupid logic. I barely paid attention to those scenes though. I do like Val though. The actress seems competent.

My litmus test for an actor is how does he/she do opposite Fin, Jane, and/or Maura. I thought Brytni Sarpy did well opposite Jane. I look forward to seeing more of Valerie.

What I'm really curious to see is how Dee Wallace is opposite Tony and Jackie. I wonder if they cast her on name/reputation alone, or actually tested her opposite actor that she'll presumably be working with heavily.

• Love 2

That would be a really interesting twist. I hate that Ric is once again a Sonny-ass-kisser, but the brothers working together to get rid of that bore Jake would be fun, especially if we get to see them plotting together.

My litmus test for an actor is how does he/she do opposite Fin, Jane, and/or Maura. I thought Brytni Sarpy did well opposite Jane. I look forward to seeing more of Valerie.

What I'm really curious to see is how Dee Wallace is opposite Tony and Jackie. I wonder if they cast her on name/reputation alone, or actually tested her opposite actor that she'll presumably be working with heavily.

Surely you jest. :p That said, I'm sure she'll be fine. She's gonna look 20 years younger then Luke, because everyone does nowadays, but I'm sure she'll be good. If the GH one-take pacing doesn't kill her acting. I don't think I've actually seen Dee Wallace in action (not sure - I've probably seen stuff that she's in that I don't realize was her), but I'm sure she is good, in normal circumstances.

Surely you jest. :p That said, I'm sure she'll be fine. She's gonna look 20 years younger then Luke, because everyone does nowadays, but I'm sure she'll be good.

If the GH one-take pacing doesn't kill her acting.

The grim reaper from the Seventh Seal looks like Luke's younger brother now. 

I don't think I've actually seen Dee Wallace in action (not sure - I've probably seen stuff that she's in that I don't realize was her), but I'm sure she is good, in normal circumstances.

There's a rumor out there that Steven Spielberg blackballed her after she refused to give over top billing in E.T. to Henry Thomas. Which, if she refused, good for her! Her agent negotiated that for her, and too few women ever get top billing. 

But I'm not looking forward to 78,439 "in" references to E.T.  "I told you to phone home!"  "I'll be right here!"  "Remember the time our house was tented!"  "Oh, you always did like Reece's Pieces." "Remember the girl across the street -- Gertie! She kinda looked like Drew Barrymore."

Wait, what am I talking about? I'm on the barge -- I won't have to suffer through them at all!

• Love 1

Was there a reason given why Bobbie didn't go along on this little road trip?  You'd think she'd want to see her long-lost sister.

Uncle Frank spent too much money on that Rebecca Budig promo, and couldn't pay for Jackie and apparantly lighting too judging from tbose dark scenes at Sam's penthouse and the Q manse this week.

• Love 5

Oh, is this the part where I admit I've never watched E.T.?  I'VE NEVER WATCHED E.T. :sobs:

Frankly, it's a bit dated now. But it was magical to watch in the theater as a child in 1982.

In fact, bringing Dee Wallace on the show makes sense, given that ET and GH arguably peaked at nearly the same time!

• Love 4

Plywood belongs outside so dogs can pee on him. Stupid tree. 

You both wounded me and made me laugh at the same time....you are so wrong yet funny;)

Kitty has claws and will take out any dog who dares to pee on MY tree.

Miller's doing what he does on all his shows - look bored, turn red, and leave 500 times to find better jobs.

• Love 2
I wish at least that Jake would have an interest in travel books especially about Africa.

I'd like Jake to have an interest in damask napkins. Anything that shows he's sentient.

I liked the Sam stuff from yesterday. I love it when she gets to do "comedic" scenes. She is really good at them.

I wish we got more lightly humorous scenes for everyone. Sonny was entertaining (in the intentional way, for a change) when he was playing corner man for Spin. Liz was hilarious as the hungover best woman after Patrick's bachelor party. The show is doom and gloom way too often.

The grim reaper from the Seventh Seal looks like Luke's younger brother now.

What happened to TG? He looked pretty good (all things considered) when he first came back from medical leave, but now he's looking super fragile again. 

• Love 5

Oh, is this the part where I admit I've never watched E.T.?  I'VE NEVER WATCHED E.T. :sobs:

I saw it five times when it was out. (Two times in a drive in. Three times in a regular theatre and with different friends/neighbors each time!) Summer of 82. What a fun time. 

I agree with those who have said Billy Miller isn't playing Jason at all. If Ron actually wanted to give Elizabeth a legit love story/triangle and also tie a character to a GH family/history, I'd say Miller should have been cast as Sly Eckert. Sly was around Luke and Lucky as a kid, could connect with Lulu and Bobbie, and cause drama at Nikolas being pissy/jealous that Liz is willing to consider being with Lucky's cousin but not him "after all we've been through" and Lucky out of the picture. I'd much rather see an adult cousin pursue Lucky's ex-wife than the kiddie cousins being rivals over Emma Drake. Blech. 

• Love 3

We are no longer friends. ;)

I meant to mention this yesterday, I can't believe Ric found Hayden on that dating site (just as one or more of you suggested would happen). I hope she's lying about her hard luck story.

• Love 1

We are no longer friends. ;)

I meant to mention this yesterday, I can't believe Ric found Hayden on that dating site (just as one or more of you suggested would happen). I hope she's lying about her hard luck story.

:michael Easton lone tear:

I think I may have seen it when I was a kid, but it was in that vague childhood way where you don't really remember.

back to topic: but I'm sure Dee Wallace will do the best with what she is given.

• Love 3

Not to mention she still owns the land, doesn't she?  Why not sell that if she needs cash to buy a new house, though I'd think she'd have quite a savings account built up after all her years lawyering for the mob.  Heck, why not just build her dream house on the land?

Having all of them in the PH would make much more sense if it were a temporary solution while the Lake House was being rebuilt. Just indefinitely squatting in Jason/Sam's home without a plan for the future seems very un-Alexis 

• Love 2

Having all of them in the PH would make much more sense if it were a temporary solution while the Lake House was being rebuilt. Just indefinitely squatting in Jason/Sam's home without a plan for the future seems very un-Alexis 

Alexis has to wait until Frank finds another sale on grey paint before she can have a new home rebuilt!

• Love 5

I saw it five times when it was out. (Two times in a drive in. Three times in a regular theatre and with different friends/neighbors each time!) Summer of 82. What a fun time. 

I have the vhs tape. I just ran across it again and watched it. My kids loved it when it came out. It is dated but still entertaining.  not to any movies kids can watch now. All blood and guts ,cursing etc etc etc.

I know the powers that be have proven time and again that they don't care about Liz having a decent relationship, but this storyline is just a joke. Obviously everyone will find out that Hayden is a fake , and that Ric was behind it, so Liz and Ric will be done. Jake will be Jason again at some point, so Goodbye Liz and goodbye Patrick. I never liked Liz with Nik so it doesn't make me sad that they won't get together after she finds out Nik knew about Jason, but still. I loved Liz and Ric, they have now ruined it,I loved Liz and AJ, they ruined it. If they aren't willing to find a decent Lucky recast then I guess as a Liz fan I'm doomed to watching her always be the third wheel or having a crappy relationship.

• Love 8

I loved Liz and Ric, they have now ruined it,I loved Liz and AJ, they ruined it. If they aren't willing to find a decent Lucky recast then I guess as a Liz fan I'm doomed to watching her always be the third wheel or having a crappy relationship.

While this is true, I think it's also true that triangles bring out the worst in Liz, and because that's mostly what the writers trot her out for anymore, she shows the worst of herself a lot. She's good in friend mode, like with Patrick on occasion, but the second a potential romance comes into play, I want her killed with fire. I do appreciate the bitchface every now and then, but only when she's throwing it at Carly. The other ninety percent of the time, it annoys the living shit out of me.

• Love 2

And if so, she has every right to. Not to beat an already liquefied horse, but I think Grrpants09 summed it up really well. JT obviously loved working with Kimberly, and that's great, but I don't think he's given many fucks, if any at all, for whatever direction Patrick might be headed in since then. He shows up, sleepwalks through his scenes, then goes home. Patrick isn't Jake - he's Silas.

I think JT knows that the story isn't actually interesting until Jason is revealed and/or Robin comes back, especially for his character. All he is right now is some 100% happy dude with no issues. His gf is Sam. The couple has no conflicts on anything. It's boooooring.

Although I giggled when Patrick told Sam that they "weathered some storms" and "took a long time to get here" and "we've been friends for a long time." Just 'cause you write it, Ron, doesn't mean it's true!

• Love 2

BH is fantastic at generating chem with her scene partners. I don't understand why she hasn't had a real romantic story line since Lucky. She gets half-assed romance stories and the short end of triangles.

I don't see much of Jason in BM's Jake but Jason is married with a kid even if he's not married to Hayden. There hasn't been a big organic love story on this soap in yeeeeaaaars  (no, Maxie/Plywood doesn't count) . Triangles bring out Liz's bitchface, smuggy worst and I miss being able to like her

RC can write romances, he can even write them with new characters.  I really don't understand why he hasn't done better 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

If Ron wanted to go for maximum drama, he would have Patrick & Sam married and she pregnant with his child when Jasus was revealed.

Even better, have him go rescue Robin before confronting Sam and have them both together walk though the door just after Sam tells Patrick she is pregnant.

Sacrilege!!!  That's almost un-American.  (I'm kidding)  I love that movie, and I can still watch it and sob at the end.  I think it still plays really well, but it's fun to see the pop culture references from that time.  Henry Thomas was a fantastic child actor (they were all good actually).

Miller's doing what he does on all his shows - look bored, turn red, and leave 500 times to find better jobs.

Does he do the clenched teeth talking too?  I keep hearing how fantastic he is, but I'm seeing Joe average here.

I agree with those who have said Billy Miller isn't playing Jason at all. If Ron actually wanted to give Elizabeth a legit love story/triangle and also tie a character to a GH family/history, I'd say Miller should have been cast as Sly Eckert. 

BM could easily have played a Lucky Spencer or Dillon Quartermaine recast, and it would have been a comfortable fit for him and played to his strengths.  RC seems to look for the WORST fit for his soap star actors - RH and Franco (who could have come to GH as Valentin Cassadine or another Quartermaine) and now BM with Jason.  He CANNOT play Jason Morgan - at all.  I'm missing SBu the more I watch Jake.

I'm tired of Liz being in love triangles, period.

I'm tired of Liz being in love in general. She's always self-sabotaging every relationship.  She needs to be alone and have either family stories or friend stories.  Her "love stories" are horrible.  Always.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

No more baaaabies! Please!

And why add a pregnancy? The drama is already there for the taking if Ron has the balls to write it, especially in terms of Robin. I don't want him to randomly try to rewrite it. No one has given her a second thought. Stick with that. Let Jason remember and go, "WTF is wrong with you people!?" Heee.

• Love 3

Or, you know, she and Molly could move over to the CASTLE that her nephew lives in. Seriously? Why are two adults, one teen and one toddler living in a two bedroom condo?

Make sense show!

Oh, is this the part where I admit I've never watched E.T.?  I'VE NEVER WATCHED E.T. :sobs:

Never too late ulkis. Funny story, I told my mom I was going to see ET but my friends and I snuck into Poltergeist instead, that movie scared the sh*t out of me. I didn't actually see ET until years later. And I was mad at my 8 year old self for purposely traumatizing myself with possessed clowns and houses instead of watching a sweet movie like ET.

• Love 1

BM could easily have played a Lucky Spencer or Dillon Quartermaine recast, and it would have been a comfortable fit for him and played to his strengths.  RC seems to look for the WORST fit for his soap star actors - RH and Franco (who could have come to GH as Valentin Cassadine or another Quartermaine) and now BM with Jason.  He CANNOT play Jason Morgan - at all.  I'm missing SBu the more I watch Jake.

BM could have been so good as Lucky or Dillon.  

I saw E.T. in the theater when it came out. I was about 8. My friends made fun of me because I cried. Catty little 8 year old bitches.

On the next "Generally Hungover!Liz"...

tumblr_mwoztbYuck1qhi5j4o1_250.gif

I wish to god I looked as good as she does when I'm hungover. TeeVee, you are truly our queen of gifs!

I was so tired last night that I went to bed without watching. Got up a little early and caught it this morning. What a waste.

• Love 1

A good point I saw on Twitter - the story Rebecca Budig spun yesterday didn't leave room in it for Helena to have abducted Jake(son) and put a chip in his head, which Liz and Jake(son) should have picked up on if they weren't so bummed about not getting to bone.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Dee Wallace is an absolute legend who was in so many formative films of my youth, E.T. being the biggest, but also she did plenty of incredible genre work like The Howling, The Hills Have Eyes, Cujo, etc. She's also always struck me as kind of hippy-dippy and kooky, but that's cool. I think if anyone can handle this mess she can, but she may go very big, which is also sometimes the Dee Wallace way. I hope Pat is a werewolf.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Dee Wallace is an absolute legend who was in so many formative films of my youth, E.T. being the biggest, but also she did plenty of incredible genre work like The Howling, The Hills Have Eyes, Cujo, etc. She's also always struck me as kind of hippy-dippy and kooky, but that's cool. I think if anyone can handle this mess she can, but she may go very big, which is also sometimes the Dee Wallace way. I hope Pat is a werewolf.

I was way too young to be watching The Howling and at the time, that movie freaked me the hell out. (I was 7 or 8 when I saw it late one night on HBO.)

• Love 1

Does he do the clenched teeth talking too?  I keep hearing how fantastic he is, but I'm seeing Joe average here.

Always. The only thing missing from the Billy Miller repertoire is that he can't smirk 24/7 in this role. 

In a way I'm glad he had to play Jason, because it's a straitjacket. Otherwise he'd just be another smarmy overaged frat boy, and there are already enough men on the show to fill that purpose.

I was way too young to be watching The Howling and at the time, that movie freaked me the hell out. (I was 7 or 8 when I saw it late one night on HBO.)

It is fantastic.

• Love 1

I think JT knows that the story isn't actually interesting until Jason is revealed and/or Robin comes back, especially for his character. All he is right now is some 100% happy dude with no issues. His gf is Sam. The couple has no conflicts on anything. It's boooooring.

Although I giggled when Patrick told Sam that they "weathered some storms" and "took a long time to get here" and "we've been friends for a long time." Just 'cause you write it, Ron, doesn't mean it's true!

But Ron wrote that Franco did NOT tell Carter to have Michael raped. He wrote it!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2