Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nik is the only one I could tolerate going over to the LOD kind of as an embrace of his inner Cassadine and with the same kind of tragic resolve that Stefan had. "I do not want to be evil but it is in my genes and by fate my hands are tied" TC could pull this off, but Ron has not got the talent to write it.

I wonder if it is time to start an on line petition to have him fired

Nik is being brainwashed, right?

Probably. Or he just might be a robot. Or he's another twin/doppelganger. Or he's notdeadInsertNameHere in a mask. Ron loves giving us options...

• Love 1

More in a 'are you fucking serious?' way.

This show and I are the same age. I watched in on my Grandmother's knee. I remember Jesse and Lucille and Steve long before Luke and Laura and Robert. I lived though the Guza years and hated the unholy trio and SWNBN but this is just the worst. I keep getting told Ron loves GH but I just do not see it:

Guza may have wanted to write for prime time and may not have liked the medium of soaps but to some extent he had respect: He may have ignored history or killed history but he never shitted on history (we'll maybe the whole Rick thing, but I always suspected he meant to re-visit that) and there were things that were in stone:

The Chief of Staff at GH had dignity was a genuinely decent person, even if they were a hard ass like the African American Guy who died on Night Shift: From Steve to Alan to Robin to Stephen Lars to Monica, there was the feeling that for all the Sonny's and Lorenzos and Claudia's and Balkans in the world, there was at least some good decent people

The same with Police Commissioner. Mac may never have been competent, or even gotten much of a win, but even Guza always showed him to be a good and decent man doing a hard job in a hard town. The same for Robert and Sean and Anna. Burt Ramsey turned evil and was promptly captured and done away with.

The children were either fine actors like Kim and JJ, competent in a creepy way like Chucky Michael or simply not seen. Now we have Spencer and I am sorry but there is something sick about the way Ron writes that poor child.

Hell even the lead mobster Sonny had some decent points when he first began, and while I hated the Jason the hero crap, at least he was at times a hero (The Metro Court comes to mind) 

Now our Police Commissioner is a crook, the COS a psychopath, Fluke pukes on everything that Luke of the 80's and 90's was and we are expected to accept Franco as a hero. 

I could hold out hope of a big tuppence when all the good guys oust the bad in one fell swoop and re-take their town, even a decent story line where they are forced into an underground "resistance" as Anna leads them in reclaiming the town, the hospital and ELQ, aided by Nathan and Dante and Michael and Lucas and even an aging but somehow returned to his 90's roots Luke.

But Ron will not give us that. Instead he will sit smug on twitter blocking any one who dares disagree with his supposed brilliance. This is not how I wanted GH to die when its time came, and we all know its time is short, I'd take Guza giving us Jason and Sonny lording over the town and swearing to protect it from evil mobsters over Franco and Nina as the new Edward and Lila.

I could get on the barge and walk away. But this was my FUCKING show before it was Ron's. It is time for him to GO

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 17

I think a bad guy worming their way into a position of power can make for good soap, but yes, the problem now is overload.  I mean, the least evil person in a position of power at the moment is Scotty, who's about as grey as they come.

• Love 9

It is not so much the overload, as the knowledge that there will never be a pay off. That Ron will shove these awful characters down our throats forever, He does not have the skill for a pay off.

In truth an underground resistance fighting to take back the town could be an awesome story, especially with the very grey Scotty in the center of it. The Scott who began with such promise, the Scotty who loved Dominique versus the Scott bitter at Luke and Laura and the Scotty who stole the money in the Metro Court fire, could be a great soap moment, The same nearly DID crap we are getting from Fluke/Luke without actual DID and all the associated BS.

But Ron cannot write this. He does not have the talent and it is time to accept that.

• Love 6

I think a bad guy worming their way into a position of power can make for good soap, but yes, the problem now is overload.  I mean, the least evil person in a position of power at the moment is Scotty, who's about as grey as they come.

I was totally suprised today something shady was going on and scotty wasn't involved lol.

• Love 2

I just can't with Spencer anymore. I'm not sure I ever could but this is just beyond. Sliding in on his knees crying 'take me! Lock me up!'? Znd I'm supposed to laugh and say 'oh how cute he is'? I wish they HAD cuffed him and taken him in. And then maybe dropped him in the harbor en route. He made his driver go into the frigid water to protect SONNY?

On second thought, someone needs to drop ME in the harbor if I keep watching this garbage. I think I need a trip to the barge. Watching this show is bad for my recovery.

• Love 6

Those who miss the old GH, take comfort: This show is taking place in a different universe. Need proof? Has anyone in this universe ever known of invisible cellophane tape sticking to cold corrugated metal well enough to hold up an election poster (for an hour, let alone 3+ months)?

• Love 4

I'd take Guza giving us Jason and Sonny lording over the town and swearing to protect it from evil mobsters over Franco and Nina as the new Edward and Lila.

I wouldn't - not in a million, trillion years. Especially, since while it's obvious, he does love Franco and Nina, he's in no way writing them like Edward and Lila. I'm not enjoying many of the storylines on GH right now, but I have enjoyed a lot of Carlivati's run and I would weep if Guza got his horrible mitts on this show again.

• Love 6

I could get on the barge and walk away. But this was my FUCKING show before it was Ron's. It is time for him to GO

OMG, OMG, this entire post so deserves a bullet of love, maybe an entire clip of love (I cut the whole post down for space).   I started watching this show in 1966, at age 4 with my Grandmother (you didn't interrupt her story).  It became MY story with the arrival of Laura Vining nee Weber nee Baldwin nee Spencer.  I have lived through 4+ decades, but I just couldn't anymore.  It makes me sad. 

I longed for the dismissal of Guza, but as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for" because my wish has turned into crap on a stick and we're stuck with MoRON who's creating new characters faster than most people change their underwear and none, zip, zero of these new characters are even slightly interesting. 

At least Guza's plot points made a modicum of sense (I can't believe I just typed that).  Ron's are a jumble of nothing. 

• Love 5

Not only was today's show extremely important plot wise, it was also very entertaining. Kudos to Ron. I hope he submits this episode for an Emmy.

Spencer needs to be removed from the general population.

I was too busy rolling my eyes so I didn't hear why Jordan and Shawn dumped the ballot box into the river. Can someone fill me in? Can someone also explain to me why Nik pretended to support Felicia and then betrayed her?

• Love 1

Seriously, poor Anna.  Am I supposed to be rooting for her to find love with Sloane, the asshole who just gleefully got her fired and has been riding her since he strolled into town?  Or am I supposed to be rooting for a reunion with Duke, the hypocrite mobster who is constantly giving her attitude?

I was too busy rolling my eyes so I didn't hear why Jordan and Shawn dumped the ballot box into the river.

It was supposed to show Jordan's loyalty to Duke.  Duke was getting rid of them to cover for moronic Lucy.

• Love 4

He's not a good writer, he is not a cute writer and please stop telling me he loves soaps. He hates this soap far more than Guza ever did.

I have no doubt he loves soaps. It's just that his 'love' is super weird.

I liked this episode to be honest. I like stupid shit.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I thought that the worst thing was Master Spenser forcing his driver to dive in after the box and then walking off wearing the wet, freezing driver's overcoat. Who does that?

Ron. Ron is Spencer. I really do take it that everything about Spencer is Ron. He is Ron's little mini-me. It's why I feel sorry for the kid who plays him

while it's obvious, he does love Franco and Nina, he's in no way writing them like Edward and Lila.

I did not mean he was. Ron does not have the talent to write Edward and Lila. His view of love is far to twisted. What I meant was that they are his anchor couple (See the breaking up of Dante and Lulu who could be an anchor couple) and within a few years he would have them the sick twisted mess that they are as the center piece of the show. Just like Dr. O is a twisted sick Steve Hardy. Sorry but Ron has issues and they need to be dealt with in therapy not on the show

• Love 4

What I meant was that they are his anchor couple (See the breaking up of Dante and Lulu who could be an anchor couple) and within a few years he would have them the sick twisted mess that they are as the center piece of the show.

...did I miss Dante and Lulu breaking up?

And also, to play devil's advocate, who was Guza's anchor couple?  Sonny and Carly?  Jason and Sam?  They were hardly great heirs to Edward and Lila either.

• Love 1

...did I miss Dante and Lulu breaking up?

And also, to play devil's advocate, who was Guza's anchor couple?  Sonny and Carly?  Jason and Sam?  They were hardly great heirs to Edward and Lila either.

Like everything else he does Ron telegraphed the  end of Lulu and Dante with the sudden flirting with Johnny. Guza still has, for most of his run Lila and Edward and even when she was gone, except for the awful Heather mess, they were still the image of the "Married couple" that every one else looked to.

Who are we suppose to on this ungodly mess? Dr O has a doctor? Solane as a Cop? Franco and Nina as a Luke and Laura (or hell even Johnny and Lulu) on the run?  Spencer as a wise and old for his time Lucky?

Heck even Jason was a better hitman than Shawn and Sam and better ride or die chick then Jordan.

Sorry he has made a mess of this show. It is all plot points and camp characters.  And if he loves the 80's GH then I am glad he does not love me. What he has done to Anna and Robin and Duke is disgusting

• Love 7

In other news, I must have completely missed this line of dialogue:

"Listen, Chandler. I've already gone through a Ross. I'm sure there's a Joey waiting in the wings." -- Spencer Cassadine, #GH

Ron, put DOWN the remote!

• Love 5

Eh, Guza probably would have written some retcon of Edward cheating on Lila if Claire Labine hadn't done it first. And even before Labine Edward had Jimmy Lee Holt from some affair. And didn't Guza write something about Lila having some emotional affair during the memwah storyline?

All I got out of today

The hotness that was Nathan and Maxie.

I don't know if I've been under a rock, but Dante was SEXY today.

You've been under a rock. :p No seriously though I think it was the scruff. And maybe the jacket.

And also, to play devil's advocate, who was Guza's anchor couple? Sonny and Carly? Jason and Sam? They were hardly great heirs to Edward and Lila either.

Scrubs, I guess could have been.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Eh, Guza probably would have written some retcon of Edward cheating on Lila if Claire Labine hadn't done it first. And even before Labine Edward had Jimmy Lee Holt from some affair. And didn't Guza write something about Lila having some emotional affair during the memwah storyline?

You've been under a rock. :p No seriously though I think it was the scruff. And maybe the jacket.

SAdly monica and alan could have been but they killed Alan off.Guza killed off way too many people for me and for no reason.

• Love 2

SAdly monica and alan could have been but they killed Alan off.Guza killed off way too many people for me and for no reason.

It was so silly that Guza was so kill-happy, because in so many instances the actor would want to come back/be asked back (i.e. Natalia Livingston), which resulted in a plethora of stupid ghost appearances and back from the dead/doppelganger stories which continue to this day.  Ric is one of the few major characters who actually got to simply leave town under Guza's tenure -- I remember being shocked that he simply got into an elevator and left.

• Love 1

I don't think Monica and Alan could have inherited th Edward/Lila mantle. They were a different type of couple.

• Love 1

I don't think Edward's cheating or even Alan and Monica's serial cheating put them on the same level of disgusting as Franco and Nina or Dr. O and Fasion (another couple we are suppose to love under Ron). Edward/Lia and Monica/Alan were old time soap couples, who we saw though their adversities and troubles and who were strangely if dysfunctionaly in love with each other. Ron puts sick twisted in the forefront and destroys potential soap couples. Nik and Britt could have been of the Alan and Monica type IMHO

My Dish Guide for next week says that Dante walks in on Lulu and Johnny. Lulu's re-attraction to Johnny is just out of no where. At least when Monica cheated we had build up to it, And in the case of Rick we had an actual real rivalry and story. Now three days after Johnny is out of prison and after one or two meetings we have this....it is just plot point plot point plot point.

• Love 2

Have not watched yet but if Lomax and Solane are in the LOD and are now in positions of power in PC, then along with Dr O every major position is filled by some one evil and awful.

I think this is a deliberate decision on RC's part, and it is building up to something plot-wise.  Probably something to do with reveal of who Fluke is, since RC went to great effort to make sure the election story and the Fluke story synced up.

Nik is being brainwashed, right?

If so then I may consider suing for plagerism, especially if they have Nik going after Robin lol.

Spencer can go to boarding school any day now - he isn't cute, just annoying.

Please, please, please end this Fluke crap - I just don't care anymore.

• Love 6
Ric is one of the few major characters who actually got to simply leave town under Guza's tenure -- I remember being shocked that he simply got into an elevator and left.

That's only because Rick Hearst left GH too quickly for Guza to kill him off. 

Spencer being snotty to the help isn't funny.

STFU, Shawn. Tampering with an election isn't something to be proud of. Wasn't he a history teacher at one time? Ugh.

Scotty's Bono glasses crack me up.

This was an interesting way to tell a story, but it needed an interesting story in the first place. The mayoral election isn't it.

Because I'm 12, Mac saying "Duty calls" to Mayor Lomax didn't have quite the impact it was supposed to.

• Love 6

It was so silly that Guza was so kill-happy, because in so many instances the actor would want to come back/be asked back (i.e. Natalia Livingston), which resulted in a plethora of stupid ghost appearances and back from the dead/doppelganger stories which continue to this day.  Ric is one of the few major characters who actually got to simply leave town under Guza's tenure -- I remember being shocked that he simply got into an elevator and left.

I think that Ric Hearst got the job with B&B and basically gave his two weeks to GH. They didn't have enough time to write his death scene.

I think that Ric Hearst got the job with B&B and basically gave his two weeks to GH. They didn't have enough time to write his death scene.

I'm glad it worked out that way -- it was refreshing that we were able to get Ric back without having to deal with the usual bunch of lame and contorted writing to come up with an explanation how/why.

(I always thought that Ric should have been coming out of the elevator at the hospital when he first reappeared, LOL.)

• Love 5

Eh, maybe, but Guza always seemed to view them as second-class citizens to the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity, as the vegetables he was forced to put on the plate so he could serve "prime rib", you know?

Edited by TeeVee329

I think this is a deliberate decision on RC's part, and it is building up to something plot-wise.  Probably something to do with reveal of who Fluke is, since RC went to great effort to make sure the election story and the Fluke story synced up.

See I would believe this is Ron had any talent, could build a story, could work with layers, had any idea of plot and characterization, basically knew anything about Soaps, anything about writing or any thing about drama. RC Cola has a better chance of knowing any of these things than the hack currently in charge of GH

• Love 4

Eh, Guza always seemed to view them as second-class citizens to the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity.

Oh, yeah, for sure, but if we're talking about who gets to inherit the stable couple, matriarch and patriarch of the town mantle, that's not the kind of couple that's gonna be frontburner anyway. I'm glad Guza viewed them as second-class - I don't think they would have gotten a baby and a wedding otherwise.

Put in this light magnolia, I can't complain about them killing off Emily. :p Do you WANT Miss Acting Coach to come back more often?? :fist shake:

• Love 2

Since Nik burned the real ballots, I assume that Helena has her dirty hands in the election.

Why the hell would Helena care about some podunk mayor election in dinky little Port Chuckles? It isn't the '80s (much as Ron wishes otherwise) and it's not as if she has a power base there any longer with weather machines and such.

Helena would be abroad with a mass of boytoys, plotting something more grandly evil than ballot tampering.

As with every other GH character that preceded him, RC knows Helena not a'tall.

• Love 2
Since Nik burned the real ballots, I assume that Helena has her dirty hands in the election.

Was Helena even around at the time Nik burned the ballots? She didn't appear to him all that long ago, I don't think. But who knows. Ron loves to include everyone whether they make any sense in a story or not. He thinks it makes it an umbrella story.

• Love 2

In other news, I must have completely missed this line of dialogue:

"Listen, Chandler. I've already gone through a Ross. I'm sure there's a Joey waiting in the wings." -- Spencer Cassadine, #GH

Ron, put DOWN the remote!

What you mean you don't speak 10 y/o lispese? I think I smacked my own head at that line. I frankly don't get Ron's amusement with these "cute[not]" classic TV plugs?

I thought the show was decent, but it really smacked of backtracking to set up somekind of rewrite involving nuSloane and Anna. And having never seen Lomax before I totally LOL at her terrible hairdo. She looked a realife version of Ursula the evil seawitch.

Is it wrong I liked it better b/c I almost freaked thinking I'd have to see that dunkelmonkey again so YAY! no Levi! and Maxie's clothes were terrible in flashback for that alone I'm glad Levi got shot!

I think Felicia and Mac stayed too long in the time machine, b/c they both look fantastic. They truely need a story STAT!

And really Ron, bye Felicia........he is totally trolling us, that was her death scene in the elimination game!

• Love 2

RC has finally defeated me. I cannot watch this crap anymore. I can't. Nothing I am seeing on-screen makes a lick of sense! We saw a couple of scenes about Felicia running for mayor. We hear one throw away line about a recount and now this?!? Really???? I don't care about Luke/Fluke at all. I don't care about Jake. I don't care about the Nina or Franco.

I'm out.

• Love 6

Was Helena even around at the time Nik burned the ballots?

Nikolas was burning them in the present day, I thought, not in a flashback.

In any case, yes, Helena showed up at Nikolas' before Christmas (recall, at the GH Christmas party, Nik the hypocrite instructed Spencer to lie about Helena being at the house) so she would have been around when Spencer found the ballot box on NYE, as Spencer also alluded to.

Also?  *small voice* I had to look up what "Bye, Felicia" meant.  I'm old!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Just a reminder, everyone, that this thread is for discussing the current episodes and storylines. It is not for discussing the similarities or differences between Guza and the current regime, what the canvas would look like if Guza was still writing, etc. Please keep this in mind when posting here. If your post is more about Guza than it is about the current episodes, the entire post will be deleted. 

Thanks! 

That was the worst episode of any soap ever made, including that one of Passions where Julian Crane's long lost son had his baby and all of the portal to hell episodes oh and the episodes where Faith and Hope and Charity and um Nice? screamed about evil, evil, evil! I want zombie James E. Reily as head writer now. It can't get worse.

I want my hour of life back.

Tracey should marry Julian Crane next. 

Can a federal agent be a federal agent and the Chief of Police at the same time? I don't know enough about American jurisdiction/conflict of interest in legal matters to comment, but it doesn't feel right. 

I will never understand how someone that looks like Jordan has self-esteem so low that she sleeps with that knuckle dragging mouth breather of a bully. 

• Love 3
Nikolas was burning them in the present day, I thought, not in a flashback.

In any case, yes, Helena showed up at Nikolas' before Christmas (recall, at the GH Christmas party, Nik the hypocrite instructed Spencer to lie about Helena being at the house) so she would have been around when Spencer found the ballot box on NYE, as Spencer also alluded to.

I really need to start paying attention. Good grief.

• Love 1
Have not watched yet but if Lomax and Solane are in the LOD and are now in positions of power in PC, then along with Dr O every major position is filled by some one evil and awful.

I think this is a deliberate decision on RC's part, and it is building up to something plot-wise.  Probably something to do with reveal of who Fluke is, since RC went to great effort to make sure the election story and the Fluke story synced up.

Well he could have paced it a heck of a lot better, or featured the story at all over the last several months. Today's episode was worse than boring, it was a hot mess. Maybe I skip over things too much, but it was super confusing with all of the flashbacks we never saw, filmed in the same manner as the present day, with only costume changes denoting changes, not even any fading. He tried to cram what should have been the summer umbrella storyline into 36 minutes and it sucked. I am guessing Mac owns the Floating Rib, so I think I would liked an episode with under new management grand opening party. But hey...I can't even remember what the summer storyline was, but I have a feeling it had something to do with Nina being shoved down my throat.

What was it with Spencer referencing Friends? I know that show is in the popular lexicon like I Love Lucy but it has been off the air longer than Spencer has been alive. Again, Ron projecting himself into characters.

Unless that servant is getting paid 6 figures, he should have told Spencer to fuck himself and dropped in the harbor.

• Love 6

God I hate that kid. 

And Lucy, and Duke and SHAWN and frankly, Jordan too.  If she's got such crappy taste in steroided lunkheads she can got to the bottom of the Port Charles Ocean as well.

But especially, after this mutation of an episode, I hate that kid.

• Love 7