Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I liked Sam and Jason for the most part, but if Ron is intent on doing another round of Sam vs. Liz I'm out. I'd rather Sam drop Jason and let Liz sniff around him again until a new shiny toy comes along and she gets bored. Sam can move on with someone else - Patrick (if Ron ever decides to properly end Scrubs) or even Ambien/Silas.

I don't have an allegiance to Sam or Liz, but I'll think it would be super dumb if Jason remembers and then questions who he likes more. Been there, done that. They might as well just make him Jake forever if they're gonna play that tired threesome.

When Lante got custody of Maxie's daughter, they named her Connie. It was tacky then, too.

It makes more sense for Dante to want to name a baby Connie than it does Morgan. Dante and Connie were related; Morgan and Connie are not. I hope Morgan names her Brenda. Hee.

• Love 1

It makes more sense for Dante to want to name a baby Connie than it does Morgan. Dante and Connie were related; Morgan and Connie are not. I hope Morgan names her Brenda. Hee.

As long as no one names her Sunny or Michelle, I will give them all a pass.

• Love 2

Someone here months ago suggested "Lil' Dominator".

But yeah as long as its not Sunni, Michelle, Michaela, Caroline, Delia, or Connie, I'm good.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Plus five cool points if Giant Baby is named Brenda, Allison, Jacqueline (or Jack for short), or Jessica.

Negative points if the baby is named Caroline, Connie, Olivia, Sunny, Sunni, Morganza, Lauren, Michelle, Michella, Jamie, Francesca, Jamie, Bobbie, Barbara, Adelle, Adella, or Lila because Morgan you are not a Quartermaine.

Allison is acceptable because that child has more of a chance to become Port Charles's Allison DiLaurentis than if Allison DiLaurentis came to town herself.

Ron, this doesn't count towards your fruit basket. And no, you will never ever get wine. It's suspected that's how we got last Summer's sweeps story. Stick to sodas.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that folks at this board and its predecessor came up with Britch, Legion of Doom, Fluke and other things have made their way to the show.

When Franco went to visit Heather at the nuthouse, I think Heather referred to Carly as Snarly.

or Lila because Morgan you are not a Quartermaine.

Bad enough Morgan's name is Morgan.

• Love 2

I assume Kiki flashed her friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiends at the border patrol.

Flashed her Russets, or her Jewel Yams, or her French Fingerlings or her Russian Bananas or her Red Thumbs or her Austrian Crescents or her Kennebecs or her Yukon Golds?  Because surely you don't mean she flashed her Petite Potatoes at the border patrol?  Not our Kiki!

Because all potatoes go betta with butta....

• Love 6

How about Michael? That would be fun once Jakeson gets his memories back. And it keeps Michael away from Kiki.

Jason helped raise Michael and is technically his uncle. If Sam got involved with him she'd probably be painted as a WhoreSlutBitch, similar to when she had nasty floor sex with Ric. What about Carlos? Maybe Detective Plywood (after it's revealed Victor isn't his father)? Or Jordan?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1
Jason helped raise Michael and is technically his uncle

And for a good number of years Sam was quite involved with raising him as well. Where once there was Courtney Sam now took her place and she and Jason were Michael's backup parents basically.

Being single isn't the end of the world, Sam can just hang out and raise her demonic son for a while.

• Love 3

When Jason/Jackson couldn't make a decent martini (with lots of "dirty" in it, whatever that is), Carly wouldn't hire him as her mixologist and barkeep. Instead, she casually took him into her employ as "part of my security" for the hotel.

Don't a lot of characters still live at the Metro Hotel she owns, and if so, does that mean that Jason will have unlimited access to all of their rooms and apartments? Usually, security has a master key or code, and they would control any security cameras and  tapes too. Will this ease of access make Jason even more valuable to Helena Cassadine now, since presumably he can enter anywhere in the hotel, plant recording devices, bombs, etc.,and  kidnap or kill without leaving any clues to his entering?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

And for a good number of years Sam was quite involved with raising him as well. Where once there was Courtney Sam now took her place and she and Jason were Michael's backup parents basically.

Being single isn't the end of the world, Sam can just hang out and raise her demonic son for a while.

Of course it's not the end of the world, but Ron isn't going to keep Sam single for long, even if it's just an attraction.

don't understand what is supposed to be so amazing about Billy Miller. I was watching AMC off and on when he was Richie Novak, nothing particularly outstanding that I ever saw. Don't watch Y&R, but was that super-special? He was on that primetime show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar for a handful of episodes a couple of years ago, decent work, but again, nothing spectacular. Is there something on his resume I'm not aware of?

Yeah, all this.  I get he's a competent actor, but...he does nothing for me in the attraction department.  No charisma or heat.  But I realize MMV ,as I think Carrlos with the twinkling eye is definitely HOT.

or Lila because Morgan you are not a Quartermaine.m{quote function not working}

but it is a beautiful name.

Or Dorothy, Rose, Blanche or Sophia. {function not working}

Now you are killing me.  Good night.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

So Johnny knew Ric was in Witness Protection but Julian's boss didn't know?

Maybe Johnny and Ric are in cahoots. Maybe Ric was originally in cahoots with the crew aligned with Fluke and felt betrayed by them after they set him up to take the fall, and he reached out to Johnny. Or Johnny is in this up to his hairline.

I am so ready for the Fluke mess to be over.

Edited by Veronica
  • Love 3

In addition to all the other vile things that Carly is, she is a big fat liar.  She told Jakeson that Sonny shot AJ when he was choking Ava and the shooting was in defense of others.  Carly knows that is complete bullshit.  She listened to the recording; she knows that AJ was no longer touching Ava and that he was unarmed and was begging for Sonny to listen to him.  Self defense my ass.  If Sonny had gone to trial, that recording would have been played and it would have been apparent that AJ was not a threat to anyone when Sonny shot him.  Shut up Carly.  NULOCH

• Love 9

Maybe Johnny and Ric are in cahoots. Maybe Ric was originally in cahoots with the crew aligned with Fluke and felt betrayed by them after they set him up to take the fall, and he reached out to Johnny. Or Johnny is in this up to his hairline.

I am so ready for the Fluke mess to be over.

Well at one time Ric's dad was the Zaccara's lawyer.  So I'm guessing Johnny's trying to take care of all the family's that screwed him over.

• Love 1

When Jason/Jackson couldn't make a decent martini (with lots of "dirty" in it, whatever that is), Carly wouldn't hire him as her mixologist and barkeep. Instead, she casually took him into her employ as "part of my security" for the hotel.

From what I can tell, a dirty martini is exactly like a regular martini, except it has olive brine in it. If Jakeson can't make that, maybe all that deep-freezing affected his brain. Even more than it already was,  I mean.

• Love 2

- Karen Wexler. Johnny never told a girl she liked being molested as a child. Nor did he take a college kid and get her hooked in drugs and booze to throw her on stage for stripping, to screw her and when she left cried about her abandoning him.

She was in high school I thought.

She was in high school I thought.

That's what I thought too. AJ and Jason were in HS too and knew Karen. Didn't they feel really bad after it came out that she had been molested because they had teased her and had been assholes to her when it got out that she was stripper?

I hate Sonny. I hate him so much that everything he does is offensive. Even when he holds a baby.

Edited by Veronica
  • Love 6
Would Micheal know what to do with Sam?

Of course! Don't you remember that Abby the not-stripper made him an amazing lover?  /kidding

I vote for the baby being named Jane.  No "honoring" any dead people, no naming after family, just Jane. 

My biggest regret about the return of Jason is the very high potential for this thread to turn in to a Sam v. Liz war (or possibly Liz v. Carly or Sam v. Carly, or all three).  Do not want.  I love y'all, and of course everyone has a right to their opinion and this is a place that all opinions are welcome*, but Sam v. Liz seems to be something that people have especially strong feelings about and I've seen it get ugly.  And I really hate that the show/ the writing sets things up to make it a fight between two women, over and over and over again.  

*No one has even yelled at me for liking Spencer, so you know it's an inclusive place!

I wanted Sonny to go to jail for two reasons: 1) he's never paid any significant price for all his terrible deeds, and 2) I really want him off my screen for a while.  Instead, we have Sonny in jail apparently about to school Johnny (not possible in real life - Johnny would destroy him!), and we have at 1/3 of the show being somehow related to Sonny, if not actually showing Sonny.  And I am sure Sonny's going to get out of jail in the next 2-3 weeks.  I am so disappointed.

• Love 1

*No one has even yelled at me for liking Spencer, so you know it's an inclusive place!

Well, I have grown tired of him, but I ended up really liking his scenes with Helena Cassadine, in fact I think it is the most I liked since he returned. I think it is because he was acting like a kid. A spoiled, obnoxious kid, but a kid that wanted to leave with the only person that showed him any attention lately. I am now fanwanking that the reason why NB's Spencer came across so charming in the beginning and has turned into a little creeper is because Laura and Lesley were the ones parenting him and Nikolas didn't have some woman to steal from another man. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

I don't understand what is supposed to be so amazing about Billy Miller. I was watching AMC off and on when he was Richie Novak, nothing particularly outstanding that I ever saw. Don't watch Y&R, but was that super-special? He was on that primetime show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar for a handful of episodes a couple of years ago, decent work, but again, nothing spectacular. Is there something on his resume I'm not aware of?

Well, he is a multiple Emmy winner.  I presume that still counts for something in the business.

Of course! Don't you remember that Abby the not-stripper made him an amazing lover?  /kidding

I vote for the baby being named Jane.  No "honoring" any dead people, no naming after family, just Jane. 

My biggest regret about the return of Jason is the very high potential for this thread to turn in to a Sam v. Liz war (or possibly Liz v. Carly or Sam v. Carly, or all three).  Do not want.  I love y'all, and of course everyone has a right to their opinion and this is a place that all opinions are welcome*, but Sam v. Liz seems to be something that people have especially strong feelings about and I've seen it get ugly.  And I really hate that the show/ the writing sets things up to make it a fight between two women, over and over and over again.  

I wanted Sonny to go to jail for two reasons: 1) he's never paid any significant price for all his terrible deeds, and 2) I really want him off my screen for a while.  Instead, we have Sonny in jail apparently about to school Johnny (not possible in real life - Johnny would destroy him!), and we have at 1/3 of the show being somehow related to Sonny, if not actually showing Sonny.  And I am sure Sonny's going to get out of jail in the next 2-3 weeks.  I am so disappointed.

Mary would work for a name, too.  I disagree with the thought that Sonny will spend 2-3 weeks in prison. I think that it will be at least 2-3 months since they did build three prison sets for his time away.

Natalia Livingston has a daytime emmy.

This never fails to make me laugh, then sigh.

So true. But I am enjoying Billy Miller myself, though I'm not at all attracted to him. Beefcake just isn't my thing. Neither is blond, really. Slim and spry, thank you! But I like what he's doing with brainwashed Jason so far.

Just finished catching up for the week, and I felt great satisfaction in Dante cuffing Ava at the end of Friday's show. And I enjoy Ava onscreen too. I just enjoy watching people pay, however fleeting it is. I'd be okay with half this show taking place in prison. Wanting people to pay for their crimes =/= wanting them off my screen, necessarily.

Edited by TheGourmez
  • Love 1

Natalia Livingston has a daytime emmy.

LOL! That was funny..but Billy Miller has 3 daytime Emmy's. Two for supporting and 1 for leading and he was nominated 4 years in a row. He is very good when given quality material. When he came on Y&R, he seemed to really jump into the role and made it his own. 

I think he is easing himself into this role because SBu played JM for so long, we expect the same mannerisms from BM. 

Here is his emmy reel. One note, he is playing opposite Michael Mulhaney who is excellent as well. In my opinion, this isn't his best work.

http://youtu.be/TfAJb2ruqOk

I want BM to work because he is an excellent actor and I'm biased because I was a Chilly fan and couldn't stand Villy but I mustered it because I liked BM so much.

Regarding the Sam Vs. Liz stuff, I'm in agreement regarding rehashing all of that. I don't want it. I am a JaSam fan but I don't hate Liz. I'm neutral to her but I do like her pairings with Ric and/or Nik. I get turned off by the fan wars but then I think about Y&R; Jack and Victor been fighting on and off for years and my Jack never gets to win but at least it's not over a woman, it's business. (I think..lol)

Edited by Thinbalina
  • Love 2

I find Billy Miller hot, but they need to put him in a suit. Quote Barney Stinson "Suit up!" He also has the ability to make me feel things for things I never wanted to feel them for ever before. He's a great actor with a shitty writer. I'm predicting ABC had more to do with his signing because he was going primetime, so I think Jason will end up dead again once he gets poached for the right primetime role. I'm good with that, as long as Steve doesn't return.

Genie Francis also has an Emmy. Emmys obviously don't mean diddly about talent-and I'm not sure they ever did. For a lot of people, it's about the recognition of their work. The recognition of the work doesn't necessarily mean the work was stellar, IMO.

I'm not impressed with BM either, but I'm also not impressed with NLG and so many people wax poetic about her. *shrug*

Different strokes. The one thing I think BM will be good at is Jason Morgan's irritating self righteousness. I just don't get Sam Morgan, and I never will. Honey, you gave it up to a man for years who was nothing more than a murdering thug, and you're going to sit there and lecture someone else just because you were this man's victim?

LOL

Think, Sam. Think for a minute about NOW how all of Saint Jason's victims and their families must have felt. It could be a great moment of realization for her, but it will NEVER happen, and that's sad.

Oh, and shut up, Liz. You let a perfect stranger into your home with your young sons. You DESERVE to have your kids taken from you. I've seen CPS take kids away for less.

So, it's a new trend that ALL the wimmins on this show are not only stupid, they are stupid for men?

That's just great.

• Love 2

Well, he is a multiple Emmy winner. I presume that still counts for something in the business.

So is TG* yet I still want him and his portrayal of Luke/FauxLuke off my screen.

*Doesn't he have something like 6 or 7?

uGH, I still haven't watched Friday's episode. It's sitting on my DVR mocking me.

• Love 2

Genie Francis also has an Emmy. Emmys obviously don't mean diddly about talent-and I'm not sure they ever did. For a lot of people, it's about the recognition of their work. The recognition of the work doesn't necessarily mean the work was stellar, IMO. I'm not impressed with BM either, but I'm also not impressed with NLG and so many people wax poetic about her. *shrug* Different strokes. The one thing I think BM will be good at is Jason Morgan's irritating self righteousness. I just don't get Sam Morgan, and I never will. Honey, you gave it up to a man for years who was nothing more than a murdering thug, and you're going to sit there and lecture someone else just because you were this man's victim? LOL Think, Sam. Think for a minute about NOW how all of Saint Jason's victims and their families must have felt. It could be a great moment of realization for her, but it will NEVER happen, and that's sad. Oh, and shut up, Liz. You let a perfect stranger into your home with your young sons. You DESERVE to have your kids taken from you. I've seen CPS take kids away for less. So, it's a new trend that ALL the wimmins on this show are not only stupid, they are stupid for men? That's just great.

You have a point.

If you really think about it, Sam is being written as a true to form mob wife/girlfriend. They must accept the life their men choose and they rationalize in their mind although what their men do is wrong, their men treat them right or are a loving husband and father to the kids. 

They provide for their family and the wives fight to the bitter end for them. They live by the code and have morals(again rationalized). 

Yeah, it's crazy to us who wouldn't even look that way but it makes sense to those who choose to live that lifestyle.

• Love 1

I would think the common denominator to hate on would be Jason? I don't even care much for Jason at this point and I like BM and know nothing of old Jason. The propping for Jason is off the chain for me already so I can imagine how you "lifers" feel. I would think maybe if you LIKE one of the three females it might make you mad if your girl got stuck with him? In my case I really don't like any of them well but I like Liz more than Sam or Carly and of course Carly is the worst, plus I don't see how she fits in the age group with Liz and Sam. I find Jason has the most chemistry with Sam but truely I find myself not caring one way or the other. I just don't see Jason as a "prize" worth fighting over too much.

I did try to warn that Sonny in prison would just mean GH  becoming General Population. The same thing happened when Victor Newman went to prison on Y&R. If a main character goes to prison then "the show" goes to prison. If you really want to see some prison propping of a criminal you need to watch Victor Newman in his glass "throne room" entertaining visitors as 1/2 the cast came to visit. RME I feel Sonny is actually being treated like a real prisoner.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

I think the most annoying thing about the Sonny's In Jail storyline is the complete negation of his super-traumatic claustrophobia, that he and his Brenda bots and other supporters went on and on and ON about for years, that Sonny couldn't POSSIBLY go to jail because it would just KILL HIM, that it's a complete non-factor now.

• Love 1

I don't really think it is a non-factor. He seems really unkept, sweating and a little panicked at times , plus I think Carly mentioned it and he said he's on meds that help him. So not like it was completely swept under the rug. But also, manipulative people will play up small issues into big deals to try and get out of punishment, so it seems kind of the point that something that was used to try and keep him free really isn't as big an issue as it was made out to be.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

So is TG* yet I still want him and his portrayal of Luke/FauxLuke off my screen.

*Doesn't he have something like 6 or 7?

I'm not sure when TG won his, but for me he did use to be a really good actor. But I don't think he's been even "decent" since the 2006 Markham Islands Adventure. Ever since then, he'll show up for a couple of episodes and then either go back to phoning it in, or hamming it up. At this point, I'd rather he just phone it in.

ETA: IMHO, TG's best work, and consequently JZ's, that I've seen was the episode where Luke called Bobbie over to the Spencer house after Liz had been raped. There was one scene in particular where Luke and Bobbie shared a look, and TG and JZ portrayed so much and said so much with just their eyes. They showed this episode as part of that marathon on SoapNet for the 50th and 15ish years later I still blown away.

uGH, I still haven't watched Friday's episode. It's sitting on my DVR mocking me.

It's worth watching for Morgan's stupidity alone. Honestly after that episode I'm not confident that Morgan even knows what a diaper is. Edited by Tiger
I'm not sure when TG won his, but for me he did use to be a really good actor

His last win was in '12.

Frankly, imo, soap actors are soap actors for a reason, they're not all terrible hacks but they're mostly average with some capable of pretty decent work from time to time.

It's worth watching for Morgan's stupidity alone. Honestly after that episode I'm not confident that Morgan even knows what a diaper is

I wonder if this might become another of Ron's running jokes: just how stupid is Morgan? He's so stupid he thinks babies are made of flour.

I feel as if they've made him more of a dunce than when he first arrived. Now even the other characters comment on his brainlessness.

• Love 1

I just got this nightmare image of the kid all grown up and screeching "But ya ah, Blanche, ya ah!" like Bette Davis. Ringlets and all. *twitch*

And if Ron C., can, he will.  It will be a conundrum for him, though, with his LUVVVVVVV for the Golden Girls Blanche.

Soon everyone in the infantile set will be wearing shoulder pads and lisping "I've written a letter to Daddy. His address is Heaven Above."

• Love 4

I wonder if this might become another of Ron's running jokes: just how stupid is Morgan? He's so stupid he thinks babies are made of flour.

I feel as if they've made him more of a dunce than when he first arrived. Now even the other characters comment on his brainlessness.

Morgan has always been portrayed as an idiot since BC took over the role, but the baby turns into flour thing on Fri was definitely a new intellectual low. And I think a big part of it is BC himself. For all I know, he could be a total math nerd. But in the instagram videos I have seen, he comes across as a complete moron.

• Love 1

I'm not sure when TG won his, but for me he did use to be a really good actor. But I don't think he's been even "decent" since the 2006 Markham Islands Adventure. Ever since then, he'll show up for a couple of episodes and then either go back to phoning it in, or hamming it up. At this point, I'd rather he just phone it in.

ETA: IMHO, TG's best work, and consequently JZ's, that I've seen was the episode where Luke called Bobbie over to the Spencer house after Liz had been raped. There was one scene in particular where Luke and Bobbie shared a look, and TG and JZ portrayed so much and said so much with just their eyes. They showed this episode as part of that marathon on SoapNet for the 50th and 15ish years later I still blown away.

It's worth watching for Morgan's stupidity alone. Honestly after that episode I'm not confident that Morgan even knows what a diaper is.

TG has never been my thing. I preferred RF!S with a a side of Sean Donnely and Duke as a kid. I liked Luke when he was helping Stone and Robin, I also liked the blues club other than that Luke is useless to me.

That was a great scene thou. Bobbie's disgust with Luke was awesome. All done with the eyes and face. Too bad JZ messed up her face.

I'm not sure Morgan's stupidity can bring me to watch. I won't delete it yet.

I hope those previews aren't accurate Nutmegsdad because that will be the last straw that sends me to the barge. I can't take St. Jasus, Liz vs Sam Wars, Carly who loves with her whole heart, Luke/FauxLuke and the above happening.

Cartini, should thank the Golden Girls that talk shows are bombing all over the place.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2
So, it's a new trend that ALL the wimmins on this show are not only stupid, they are stupid for men?

Unfortunately it's not a new trend. It's not just a soap trope, it's practically a life trope.

I would think maybe if you LIKE one of the three females it might make you mad if your girl got stuck with him?

Maybe, but I think a larger objection is that women are repeatedly being pitted against one another for men who are awful. Not to mention that the writing never changes.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3