Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Where are they going with this Aiden story?  I like it better than the Friz wedding story and Liz's missing family story, but I wonder what's going on.  It takes the focus off Franco.

I thought maybe they were going to make him autistic. 

Are they chem testing Maxie and Michael? Because if so they have much better chemistry than Maxie/Peter. 

• Love 4

This fucking show, man. First they establish Vincent Marino was a dirty player deep in the business, then they have Drew chide Margaux for her unethical leanings, then they follow that up by revealing that Margaux's mother was unfaithful and was sleeping with Scully. So in a single episode they've fully smeared the reputation of the people Margaux has upheld as role models AND introduced information that calls her paternity into question, while also reminding us that Margaux herself is emotionally desperate enough to bend the rules in her favor.

Meanwhile, poor little 18 year old Sonny was just following Scully's marching orders. It's not his fault that a hit was ordered on Marino! And Marino was a BAD MAN who deserved it, right? The amount of mental concessions required to avoid holding Sonny's feet to the fire for something WE KNOW he did is just staggering.

• Love 14

Another thing: I've just about had it up to here with Spinelli and his stupid attempts at matchmaking. I've lost count of the number of times Sam has verbally and nonverbally made it perfectly clear that she isn't ready for a relationship with Jason, whatever form of a relationship that may be, and Spinelli and Carly back when can't help but meddle. Not only do I want Sam back with Drew because he is the better man for her no question, but also I want Carly, Sonny, Spinelli and all the people that claim to be Sam's "friends" to see what they lost. But they won't think they lost because Jason wouldn't be burdened with Sam or the children he barely sees, then he would be available 24/7 to attend to all their drama. 

• Love 5

I notice Monaco is trying more now with burton but there is zero naturalness in their scenes. Everything comes across as this is how it has to be. 

And that’s how it’s being written too. There is zero reason that Sam has said as to why Jason is a decent choice for a man other then well spinelli says we need to be together.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

they follow that up by revealing that Margaux's mother was unfaithful and was sleeping with Scully

Which prompts Sonny to say: "That's a motive for murder." As if Sonny needed one. Or is that supposed to make us think Margaux will double down on going after him?

When Drew told Margaux he wasn't going to help her, he was a lot kinder than she deserved, but I'm glad that's the direction they went. Though I wish he'd talk to a lawyer about the blackmailing. Margaux is still holding the thumb drive over his head even though he doesn't want it.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think there's a Kill-the-Qs punchcard he's trying to fill. One more and he gets a free order of ribs!

Sonny has always hated the Q family and wouldn't care if they all were killed.

• Love 2

they follow that up by revealing that Margaux's mother was unfaithful and was sleeping with Scully.

Which prompts Sonny to say: "That's a motive for murder."

What difference does it make WHY Scully ordered Sonny to kill Marino?  It's not like hitmen are graded on a curve of their reasons--they're a hired gun, that's all.  JFC, this fucking show gives itself muscle spasms with the twists it needs to make Sonny just an innocent guy caught up in a situation he had no control over.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I thought maybe they were going to make him autistic. 

Maybe.  Now that I think about it, they won't stop babbling about Princess Kalinda.  Maybe Aiden's issues are gender-related?  Cue Terri.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Maybe.  Now that I think about it, they won't stop babbling about Princess Kalinda.  Maybe Aiden's issues are gender-related?  Cue Terri.

Not only would a show not do a storyline like that (transgender or otherwise) properly or respectfully, if they were going to do something like that I feel like it would have to be an older child and someone that could handle the material. A Molly or a TJ or even an Emma-aged child. Aiden/the actor that plays him is still a little boy.

• Love 1

Was there anything interesting in today's show, because if there was, I missed it.  TJ tried to get Aunt Stella to go to the wedding when really she, Curtis and Jordan will all be happier if she doesn't show up, Maxie mistook Michael for a doctor and asked him to check if James was okay, Drew broke Margaux's heart about her father because she apparently doesn't have a second string to her bow, Jason exercised his creativity in finding more justifications for Sonny and KM and SBu got a bit more reprieve on their great love story as Sam said that she and Jason weren't ready to get back together yet.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What difference does it make WHY Scully ordered Sonny to kill Marino?  It's not like hitmen are graded on a curve of their reasons--they're a hired gun, that's all.  JFC, this fucking show gives itself muscle spasms with the twists it needs to make Sonny just an innocent guy caught up in a situation he had no control over.

Scully having such a good motive for murdering Marino just makes what Sonny did even worse, albeit biblical.  It wasn't even like Marino was trying to get out and could have fingered Scully, Scully just wanted Marino's wife and wanted Sonny to get rid of him.

Sonny probably thinks that this will devastate Margaux even more and she'll just give up.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

So Margaux is going to be so persuasive and convincing, according to Sonny/Jason, to convince Drew to turn them in and hurt the people he cares about, but she's going to be so weak and submissive that a smear job against her father will automatically get her to back down from holding Sonny responsible for her dad's murder? 

Sonny and Jason, a couple of geniuses, right?

And Jason will make lip service to being conflicted but will do it happily, Sam and Scout and even Danny/Jake be damned.

.Very happily, it will save them from the inferior Jason/Drew. 

• Love 3

And Jason will make lip service to being conflicted but will do it happily, Sam and Scout and even Danny/Jake be damned.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Very happily, it will save them from the inferior Jason/Drew. 

I don't get how to put a quote inside another quote, but I am responding to @statsgirl replying to the up-top post. LOL

To hell with what Sam actually may want, right?

I wish that Sonny and Jason would realize that Drew is in the position that he is in is because his life was stolen by Helena and or Faison who wanted their own personal hit man,a Jason clone.  It seems that he must have been taken about the time that Kim discovered that she was pregnant with Oscar because Drew doesn't seem to be the kind of man who would abandon his pregnant girl friend. All his memories were stolen but why would Jason give a damm; he would up frozen by Helena. All this happened because he was Jason's twin. I do wish Sonny and Jason would cut him so slack and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, avocadohead said:

I think Sonny is either Margaux's father or brother.

I'm not sure. He was 18 and she was 4 when her father was killed. They won't go with a 14 year old knocking up a grown woman. As for siblings, they won't want to change Sonny's parents. That would mean he wasn't Mike's son and Courtney's brother (and then Spencer's uncle) our he wasn't Ric's brother and Molly's uncle.  Would they have Margo's mom sleeping with her husband, Scully, and Mike all at the same time? 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm not sure. He was 18 and she was 4 when her father was killed. They won't go with a 14 year old knocking up a grown woman. As for siblings, they won't want to change Sonny's parents. That would mean he wasn't Mike's son and Courtney's brother (and then Spencer's uncle) our he wasn't Ric's brother and Molly's uncle.  Would they have Margo's mom sleeping with her husband, Scully, and Mike all at the same time? 

But, if she SORAS'd from 1 to 4, he would have only been 17. And if he was 18 for a couple of years, he would have been 18.  He could have even been 20 or so if he's one of those rare characters who aged backwards for a bit.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Are they chem testing Maxie and Michael? Because if so they have much better chemistry than Maxie/Peter. 

This.  But I coudnt' tell if they were chem testing or just rubbing it in that Maxie has a son and Michael doesn't.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

just rubbing it in that Maxie has a son and Michael doesn't

This. It's IRONY, people. Michael has a son he doesn't know about! They can't have him mooning over Wylie too often because Brad is so squirrelly and might give the game away, but Michael can pine for other people's kids.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Linny said:

The amount of mental concessions required to avoid holding Sonny's feet to the fire for something WE KNOW he did is just staggering

And what's worse ist that they didn't have to make him the killer.  The original story was that he just buried the body.  Then six months later, he's the killer but they're doing everything humanly possible to make it the victim's fault he's dead and not Sonny.  

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but Michael can pine for other people's kids.

In his defence, James is an adorable baby to pine over (ironically, the baby playing James is a girl).  I loved when Chad was holding the baby, and the baby was facing outwards and saw Kirsten, she just lit up.  Either she's quite enamored by KSt or Mom was standing off to the side  

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ulkis said:

I feel like the show is at the point where it's getting cancelled or the writer who was Frank's assistant is becoming head writer soon.

Some of us could almost hope for that, but ABC will never be the only Big Three Network without a Soap.  TIIC are probably lamenting cancelling AMC and OLTL.  I know plenty of folks that are still lamenting the loss of those shows and wonder why GH wasn't the one that was canned.

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at baby James's "Who is this clown?" face at LWB/FS.

I know, right?  It was hilarious - I think LWB realized it and just played through the scene.

14 hours ago, Perkie said:

I loved when Chad was holding the baby, and the baby was facing outwards and saw Kirsten, she just lit up.  Either she's quite enamored by KSt or Mom was standing off to the side  

Probably a little of both.  Shallow note here, but I always felt Kirsten has a very pleasant, soothing face.  Seems like baby shares that opinion.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Perkie said:

I loved when Chad was holding the baby, and the baby was facing outwards and saw Kirsten, she just lit up.  Either she's quite enamored by KSt or Mom was standing off to the side  

I figured it was because the two guys had no idea how to hold a baby so that it feels secure.

(says the person who held her niece's baby extremely awkwardly because she was leaving for the airport in 30 minutes and didn't want him to throw up on her before she left)

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

The baby playing baby James was all of us in those scenes with LWB/FS. Amazing.

I didn't see any chemistry between Maxie and Michael and I'm pretty sure they were testing for it. I was hoping there would be a spark there but as I see it CD remains the most chemistry-less man in soap history. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Probably a little of both.  Shallow note here, but I always felt Kirsten has a very pleasant, soothing face.  Seems like baby shares that opinion.

I share it too.

But maybe she'd also been spending time with the baby. Kim McC and JT spent time with Brooklyn off-screen so that she would be comfortable with them on-screen too.

• Love 4
On 10/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, ciarra said:

Where are they going with this Aiden story? 

Answering my own question.  From the photo in the Press Club section, I'm guessing that the Aiden story will be about bullying.  Probably to showcase Franco as bestest stepdad ever.

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎19 at 3:58 PM, statsgirl said:

Was there anything interesting in today's show, because if there was, I missed it.  TJ tried to get Aunt Stella to go to the wedding when really she, Curtis and Jordan will all be happier if she doesn't show up, Maxie mistook Michael for a doctor and asked him to check if James was okay, Drew broke Margaux's heart about her father because she apparently doesn't have a second string to her bow, Jason exercised his creativity in finding more justifications for Sonny and KM and SBu got a bit more reprieve on their great love story as Sam said that she and Jason weren't ready to get back together yet.

Scully having such a good motive for murdering Marino just makes what Sonny did even worse, albeit biblical.  It wasn't even like Marino was trying to get out and could have fingered Scully, Scully just wanted Marino's wife and wanted Sonny to get rid of him.

Sonny probably thinks that this will devastate Margaux even more and she'll just give up.

Sonny and Jason, a couple of geniuses, right?

.Very happily, it will save them from the inferior Jason/Drew. 

This is what I get for half-watching.  I hate scenes between Jason and Sonny so barely pay attention.  Did they now establish that Scully had Sonny kill Marino so he could be with his wife, Margaux's mom?

Why would this matter?  Sonny still killed Marino.  

• Love 2
On 10/20/2018 at 12:54 PM, sunnyface said:

Paging Dr. Matt and Dr. Stephen.

Matt is apparently the new Blackie. Forever in prison. When, in real life, Matt was acting in freaking SELF DEFENSE (and for that of his family!) and would likely serve zero jail time!

Only on this show can fucking mobsters barely face real consequences while doctors (on a show called GENERAL HOSPITAL) languish in prison. Uffda.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, bannana said:

This is what I get for half-watching.  I hate scenes between Jason and Sonny so barely pay attention.  Did they now establish that Scully had Sonny kill Marino so he could be with his wife, Margaux's mom?

Why would this matter?  Sonny still killed Marino.  

Exactly. Whatever the reason, Sonny still killed Marino.

Sam found evidence that Scully was having an affair with Marino's wife.  Sonny said that it could be a motive. End of scene (I think).

If Sonny is trying to show that Marino was not worth having as a father so Margaux would lay off, this is kicking the ball into the wrong goal.

• Love 7

Maybe the twist is Scully is actually Margo's father and not Marino. So INTERESTING. I'm waiting with anticipation!

Is this just going to go in the direction of Scummy sleeping with Margo?  Since I don't see EH leaving anytime soon.  I don't know what will happen with the Drew/Margo thing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm just waiting for the reveal that Marino had the nerve to not meekly submit to being executed, so the story will be that Sonny killed him in "self-defense."

That's what I'm waiting for too. I was sure that would be part of the retcon of Sonny killed Marino as opposed to just disposing the body. Instead we've had endless asinine conversations by the unholy trio about how the guy deserved it and Margo has no reason to be upset because Marino was dirty? Because he liked the money? He was a sleazy SOB? Doesn't Sonny look at himself in the mirror when he applies his Hawaiian Tropic self tanner every morning? By their logic none of their children should grieve and/or want justice for their slain parent, if killed in cold blood, because they were "in the business." As if Carly wouldn't go positively nuclear on the whole eastern seaboard if something happened to the (infinitely worse than Marino) Sason.  With every plot line these writers get dumber and dumber. It's almost impressive. Anyway, it's not landing and so I'm prepared for the "self-defense" angle to come into play soon enough.

32 minutes ago, Hater said:

Is this just going to go in the direction of Scummy sleeping with Margo?  Since I don't see EH leaving anytime soon.  I don't know what will happen with the Drew/Margo thing.

Yep. That's the other thing I'm dreading. After they destroy Margo's career, her good name, the image she had of her father, her paternity (we all know they'll make Scully her dad), probably have the entire PCPD turned against her, they'll twist the dagger and have her fall for Mooby because they're horrible. Nauseating. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Matt is apparently the new Blackie. Forever in prison. When, in real life, Matt was acting in freaking SELF DEFENSE (and for that of his family!) and would likely serve zero jail time!

I don't think Matt or Lucky is ever going to show up on GH while FV is the EP. Anything that would be a viable and popular threat to Franco Liz is never going to be allowed to happen

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

After they destroy Margo's career, her good name,

She's not exactly pristine. She tried to get to Sonny through Mike, knowing full well Mike is suffering from Alzheimer's. She's blackmailing Drew to get at Sonny. She keeps bringing Jason in for pointless "interrogations."

I know we can't ever have someone go after Sonny in any meaningful way, but it would be nice not to stack the deck against Margaux so badly. Still, I dislike her enough not to feel sorry for her except that her dad was murdered by baby mobster Sonny.

• Love 1

I am not here for this implication that Kevin knew of Ryan being alive and has been hiding him and helping him since the end of his marriage to Lucy. It doesn't fit with what we know of Kevin, there's been no evidence of this up until Ryan all of a sudden showed up in Ferncliff. Why would Ryan have been in Seattle? He died in the fire in Port Charles, in New York. So how did he end up at the other end of the country in Seattle unless he had amnesia? Would he not have come right back to PC to finish what he started?

Kevin would not have lied to Lucy, to Laura, to Mac and Felicia for so long.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Very much liked Scotty's insertion into the Ryan/Kevin story today.  I don't think I knew that he provided Felicia legal representation during the Ryan stuff, that would explain why Ryan was salty when Lucy mentioned him a few weeks ago.  And while I am very over them being romantically involved, I like Laura and Scotty as people who have known each other a long time and will always have affection for each other, it's a nice kinda twining, pun intended, with Kevin/Lucy in fact (except, of course, I want Kevin and Lucy to be endgame, hehe).

18 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I am not here for this implication that Kevin knew of Ryan being alive and has been hiding him and helping him since the end of his marriage to Lucy. It doesn't fit with what we know of Kevin, there's been no evidence of this up until Ryan all of a sudden showed up in Ferncliff, and why was Ryan in Seattle in the first place?

I thought the current implication is that Kevin knew the entire time, not just in the last few years? 

But yes, while it's kinda smart to use that dropped plot point to add more fuel to Laura's suspicions, this is a big ol' retcon, I think the scuttlebutt at the time was that Kevin's jaunts to Seattle had something to do with Serena or Christina, but that the story then got dropped.  And a tiny correction - Kevin's trips to Seattle were during the marriage to Lucy, his absence in part sparked the affair between her and Scotty.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of people I wish would be killed, OMG, how annoying is Kristina.  This character is just completely uninteresting, impossible to root for, just go away.

Her purpose is to pimp Jason and Sams soul mate love.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of people I wish would be killed, OMG, how annoying is Kristina.  This character is just completely uninteresting, impossible to root for, just go away.

It was a little over the top today, I thought, that she went from being irritated by her mother (as always) to sitting in the park slugging down liquor straight from the bottle. No buildup at all to what is obviously going to be a dependent-on-alcohol story, which will probably be cured quickly as well. 

Maybe she'll run into Oscar since he spends most of his moping in the park, and they'll be able to whine together about their terrible lives and leave the rest of us out of it. 

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:40 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Matt is apparently the new Blackie. Forever in prison.

Actually we know Blackie is out of prison because in 1987 when Dusty came to town, he told Frisco that Blackie had gotten out of jail a year earlier. And then there was that Nurse's Ball where Lucy said he couldn't make it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, rur said:

It was a little over the top today, I thought, that she went from being irritated by her mother (as always) to sitting in the park slugging down liquor straight from the bottle. No buildup at all to what is obviously going to be a dependent-on-alcohol story, which will probably be cured quickly as well. 

She also invoked Parker, the biggest crime of all. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a history question.  Didn't Sonny kill Joe Scully Sr.?   (I have lost track of Sonny's body count.)  If he did, that would mean that he killed both of Margo's "fathers".

Scully was trying to kill Mike at the time, so Sonny shot Scully to save his dad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rur said:

she went from being irritated by her mother (as always) to sitting in the park slugging down liquor straight from the bottle.

Extra points for it being her alcoholic mother. 

• Love 3

I would be slugging down Tequila too if I had just talked to Parker. But yes on Kristina and Oscar getting together and moping and leaving the rest of the town free

Oscar is acting like a 3 year old.  "You hurt me so I'm going to hurt you Whaaaah."  Kim seems to be a lost cause because she's more concerned with whether Oscar knows she loves him than actually helping but I so much wanted Drew to tell him "Okay, you want to do it your way?  What are you going to because moping in the park ain't gonna cut it."

I hate that Alexis' therapy was only about getting her to agree to take on Oscar's case instead of being about Monica.  But not as much as I hate that it's probably going to be Carly, or a Carly/Laura team-up, that figures out it's Ryan.  It should be Laura to figure it out, or Felicia, or someone who actually knows Kevin. Not Carly.

• Love 6