Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, bannana said:

Although that was quite a bit of shoe-shaming, considering the audience demographic!

I was waiting for them to reveal that doctors and nurses usually wear those kind of shoes because they are constantly on their feet. 

If only Sam and Curtis overheard Wyatt who mentioned those shoes when talking about the man tied to the bed. How long before Finn asks Curtis to look for Anna when he realizes that Anna is not with Robin and then by the way did he hear about Obrecht kinky's story about the man in the cabin.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

Although that was quite a bit of shoe-shaming, considering the audience demographic!

I was waiting for them to reveal that doctors and nurses usually wear those kind of shoes because they are constantly on their feet. 

Sam will figure that out on Friday, and that's the cliffhanger. "So maybe Peter was kidnapped by someone who works in the medical profession. Hmm..." And then she'll blame Elizabeth, LOL.

• Love 4

Are Sam and Curtis really going to be checking out shoe stores looking for Obrecht's shoes? 

Sam's constant state of ennui has rubbed off on Curtis. 

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.  He's coming back.  Sigh.

• Love 1

If that's Morgan in the room, prepare for even MORE Sonny and Carly. No thanks. today did it again. Michaels just like them He is now officially a corinthos to me. . Go Nelle wake up see you are being used and give the baby to Lucus. Maybe when they take  it away from him. That will be the end of Carly for him. . Just when I didn't think this show could get any worse. We get this.

• Love 2
(edited)

So has Nurse Mary-Pat Ratchett just vanished into the ether now that Jason isn't there to protect Carly anymore and Sonny's got the orderly on his payroll?  Why does this show even bother?

Jason is obnoxiously protective of Michael, much more so than his actual kids.  Truly, he's an asshole.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
On 7/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, RedRockRosie said:

Oy vey. So maybe a triangle will emerge between Sonny/Kim/Julian.

(From back a bit...)

If this happens, I can't help but wonder what TB thinks. On the one hand, as she well knows from her Carly years, it means screen time since Sonny eats the show. But on the other hand, Sonny naturally always wins, and TB would be back where she was when playing Carly: Chained to Sonny. A sort of record with two different women played by the same actress! I wonder if TB would chafe being boxed in as she did years ago as rumored with the Lorenzo/Carly/Sonny mess...

So I finally got to see Friday’s episode and Oh. My. God.  I knew it would be bad, but that was perhaps the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen on this show.  This beats out Luke wrestling the alligator in Florida, and the time Lucy realized Damian Smith was in Texas because she had visions of his floating head wearing a cowboy hat and eating barbecue.

If the Washington Post story about GH’s #metoo storyline managed to convince any new viewers to tune in, I’m sure this Colonel Sanders nonsense scared them away again. If not that, then the horrendously written scenes with Peter and the scout. It’s like they were scripting an archetype for Bad Cliched Soap.

A few of the moments that made my eyes roll out of my head and across the floor to a niche beside a carefully stowed bugle:

-Maxie’s pride at the clever hiding place that tech genius Spinelli “set up” for her. (Oh, the complex coding that must have entailed.)

-Boy Scout’s anger at the tethered man who obviously stole the bugle and teleported it behind the chair with his mind. (And no, you won’t be getting a badge for rescuing. You also won’t be getting one for acting.)

-Peter’s maniacal grin as he cunningly tricked SuperScout into untying his ropes. (All that was missing was the cackling.)

I’m still recovering. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny always goes back to Carly.

Plus, I don't know how they'd make it so Carly and Sonny fall apart enough for Kim to get in there. I'd also like to think Kim is smart enough not to get involved with Sonny—one mobster lite should be enough.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
18 hours ago, Perkie said:

What a weird conversation that was.  He's talking to the man's brother and son and says it so casually, like it's not an issue that he killed him.  and it was said in praise of Michael.  

Sonny:  When I killed AJ, Michael got angry and found a way to hurt me by taking Avery, so I know that if he sets his sights on Nelle, he'll pull it off.  

And MIchael doesn't flinch, like it's just part of their history.  

WTF WAS I LISTENING TO? The takeaway from Sonny killing AJ is that Michael is a good strategist? Sonny and Michael are patting Michael on the back for getting custody to Avery, which cut Sonny to the quick, so good job there, Michael? I just...I'm...It's...

I wanked it as "...and, for a few, brief, glorious months, Sonny was DEAD to Michael...."

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Plus, I don't know how they'd make it so Carly and Sonny fall apart enough for Kim to get in there

They almost looked like they might be heading towards a break up when Sonny was agreeing with Diane about the insanity plea and Jason was agreeing with Carly against it.  But now they seem to have dialed back on that with Sonny realizing that Carly was telling the truth about Nelle, and forcing himself into the hospital to see Carly every chance he gets.  

13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So I finally got to see Friday’s episode and Oh. My. God.  I knew it would be bad, but that was perhaps the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen on this show.  This beats out Luke wrestling the alligator in Florida, and the time Lucy realized Damian Smith was in Texas because she had visions of his floating head wearing a cowboy hat and eating barbecue.

I think after today we can add Maxie and Lulu throwing beach balls and pool noodles at each other in anger. Was the dumb KFC promo scene not supposed to mean anything in GH-land because now Maxie is back to hating Lulu.

• Love 3

Is Michael's plaaaaan to have Nelle sign a pre-nup, and then have Chase woo her away saying he'll take care of her when Michael divorces her?  How stupid do they think Nelle is?  Even if Nelle personally gets nothing (and that's a pretty stupid pre-nup to sign) Michael would still have to pay child support for the baby.  And given the billions Michael has, that's going to be a pretty hefty amount of  child support.  Did they really think that Chase telling her he will take care of her would even be close to balancing that? Michael really is Carly's son

I was shocked when Maxie yelled at Lulu again (and then annoyed when Lulu said she can't remember how long she's been apologizing to Maxie it's been so long; try since Nathan died, honey) but I liked the fight and then the make up at the end because it makes sense that getting back to being friends for Maxie and Lulu would be a process, like grieving is a process.

• Love 2
(edited)

Did FV overhear Emme and Kirsten making fun of him or something? What did these two do to deserve this? Maybe he'll have them food fight or pudding wrestle for a JELLO deal next week. 

LWB is the biggest scenery chewer they've had in a long time. I CAN'T!!!! He's unbearable to watch and he's on every other day. STOP THE MADNESS. 

I get Nelle is no angel and she's due her round of Karma, but the way they're going about it grosses me out on multiple levels. All these men with their own questionable to criminal backgrounds setting up her demise, plotting to take her child away from her. Just, no. Then the same group of dudes worship at the altar of Carly who is just as bad, if not worse than Nelle, and has shown zero signs of growth despite being twice Nelle's age. The writers never once have Sonny or Jason look in the mirror. Then they pat themselves on the back for a #MeToo storyline. Talk about tone deaf. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even if Nelle personally gets nothing (and that's a pretty stupid pre-nup to sign) Michael would still have to pay child support for the baby. 

The prenup probably has provisions for Michael to take the baby away from Nelle. Getting her out of the picture seems to be a priority. But given that CL is leaving, maybe Nelle will die in childbirth. Or maybe this is the baby switch? I can't see Michael saddled with an infant. They put Avery back with Sonny pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The prenup probably has provisions for Michael to take the baby away from Nelle. Getting her out of the picture seems to be a priority. But given that CL is leaving, maybe Nelle will die in childbirth. Or maybe this is the baby switch? I can't see Michael saddled with an infant. They put Avery back with Sonny pretty quickly.

This is GH, and I know they don't care about legalities, so you may be right, but custody clauses in pre-nups aren't enforceable.  Nor are clauses that child support will not have to be paid.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Nelle willingly signed a prenup that stated that if the marriage broke up Michael would have sole custody of any children, she really is the stupidest stupid that ever stupided.  And so is her lawyer who looked it over.

On the other hand, she knows Michael lied about Ned forcing the pre-nup. Maybe she really is that stupid.

I think I remember that Nelle said that her lawyer told her that the contract was a standard pre-nup. Maybe there is a different plaaaan.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

The physical aspect of Maxie and Lulu's fight was certainly dumb, but it works for me that Maxie would vacillate between enjoying herself with her friend and also resenting her friend for her role in the wreckage of Maxie's happiness. Maxie obviously would like to get back to closeness she and Lulu shared previously, but it's going to take some time for her to be able to look at Lulu and not be reminded of everything she's lost.

Where the hell did Finn find that picture of Peter? We've never seen him style his hair like that before. I know, I know, the show's reasoning for that picture was to deliberately confuse Wyatt, because heaven forbid this plot advance faster than a snail's pace, but that detail annoyed me.

I am absolutely shallow enough to forgive the show for its multitude of sins if it keeps supplying me with shirtless Chase. Well, okay, I wouldn't forgive ALL its sins, but I'd shut up about Carly and Sonny for a day or two at least.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

Did FV overhear Emme and Kirsten making fun of him or something? What did these two do to deserve this? Maybe he'll have them food fight or pudding wrestle for a JELLO deal next week. 

I would have guessed he's trying to get ER to leave but he keeps involving KSt, so maybe you're right.

If Guza were writing, they would have just gotten Nelle to admit she set up Carly by threatening to throw her over a parapet by now, and I can't say I'd have objected.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle will die in childbirth. Or maybe this is the baby switch?

The new rumour is that Nelle will take off, while still pregnant.  but it's just a rumour.  

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, LillyB said:

Since Peter is tied to a bed and unable to use a bathroom,, he really must reek.

None of the writers, including the HW, apparently caught that fact ahead of time. Or thought we wouldn't notice! IDIOTS

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, Perkie said:

I'm assuming LIesl will haul ass to the cabin, now that the bad acting kid has recognized her, and will take Peter somewhere else.  So that when Franco and Finn show up, the cabin will be empty.  

The feces and urine in the bed should help bolster the boy's story however!

• Love 3

Lulu, walk away from the fight. There are these things called telephones and computers: You can call or e-mail Nina to set up a Charlotte visit. 

News flash, Maxie: If you're on mat leave, your workplace shouldn't contact you about work stuff.

Drew, it's not Nina's fault ad pages aren't sold. She's the editor, not the ad sales staff. And given that the COO of the company is missing, shouldn't Drew be the one who's picking up the slack?

Michael is such a wienie. Blaming Ned for the prenup? Just say everyone who marries into the Qs has to sign one for everyone's protection. Also, I can't believe Nelle wouldn't have anticipated having to sign a prenup. She took it to a lawyer, why not talk about changing things? She doesn't have anything to lose. I take back mocking Jason for saying Nelle is in a a league of her own. She is, she's so stupid.

How, exactly, did Chase "get" Nelle? Is it news that she's trying to be a Q and get all the money?

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The new rumour is that Nelle will take off, while still pregnant.  but it's just a rumour.  

I hope it stays a rumor. I don't want to watch months on end of Michael whining about missing out on his kid's life. Talk to your paternal grandmother about how that feels, huh, Michael?

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Where the hell did Finn find that picture of Peter? We've never seen him style his hair like that before.

I know! It's not like the PC paper wouldn't have something more current, like when he started working at Aurora. Hell, I'm sure the Aurora website has a more current picture. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The feces and urine in the bed should help bolster the boy's story however!

Well, Obrecht has been starving Petey so maybe there wasn't any to be found.  Which would explain why that cabin wouldn't have self destructed on the intense stench by now.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I get Nelle is no angel and she's due her round of Karma, but the way they're going about it grosses me out on multiple levels. All these men with their own questionable to criminal backgrounds setting up her demise, plotting to take her child away from her. Just, no. Then the same group of dudes worship at the altar of Carly who is just as bad, if not worse than Nelle, and has shown zero signs of growth despite being twice Nelle's age. The writers never once have Sonny or Jason look in the mirror. Then they pat themselves on the back for a #MeToo storyline. Talk about tone deaf. 

But this is Michael's plan. Not Sonny and not Jason. Michael is not planning Nelle's demise. He is working with the police to prove the crimes that Nelle has committed. He has strong suspicions that Nelle is either a sociopath or mentally unstable and has gone after his mother. 

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think I remember that Nelle said that her lawyer told her that the contract was a standard pre-nup. Maybe there is a different plaaaan.

No, I think it was a standard pre-nup for a reason. So Nelle knows that Michael wanted the pre-nup and is planning an exit strategy if the stuff goes bad between them. Chase is offering his heart so she will turn to him. However she is going to want the money from Michael, so she will have to marry him first. The plan comes in with the assumption that Nelle will try to kill Michael to go around the issue of the pre-nup. Chase is acting as if he loves her to give her a motive to wanting to kill Michael right now and not six months from now.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, CharethCutestory said:

Not that the PCPD is any great shakes, but Michael working with them in what passes in this show as a legit sting, would comfort any normal person. But this is Jason.

WEll, to be fair to the show, I think any career criminal would be leary of anyone close to them dealing with the police.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This beats out Luke wrestling the alligator in Florida, and the time Lucy realized Damian Smith was in Texas because she had visions of his floating head wearing a cowboy hat and eating barbecue.

Links pls

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

The new rumour is that Nelle will take off, while still pregnant. 

Well I like this better than her going stupid all of a sudden.  #teamNelle   Even Avery wouldn't be fooled by Michael or Chase.

And someone tell Chase not to go into acting when he's fired from the P.D. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope it stays a rumor. I don't want to watch months on end of Michael whining about missing out on his kid's life.

Not to mention Carly and Sonny whining about losing out on being grandparents, and Joss moaning to Oscar that she can't be an aunt.

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

No, I think it was a standard pre-nup for a reason. So Nelle knows that Michael wanted the pre-nup and is planning an exit strategy if the stuff goes bad between them. Chase is offering his heart so she will turn to him. However she is going to want the money from Michael, so she will have to marry him first. The plan comes in with the assumption that Nelle will try to kill Michael to go around the issue of the pre-nup. Chase is acting as if he loves her to give her a motive to wanting to kill Michael right now and not six months from now.

My daughter came home from high school saying that her physics teacher  had told them that every woman should have a pre-nup and the girls all agreed.  That goes triple if you're marrying money.

This plan depends on Nelle being amazingly stupid. Why would she want to kill Michael anyway since he's acting madly in love with her and she's got his child?  Baby is a major bargaining chip with Michael and a liability with Chase.  Michael's got far more money than her previous fiance. Stick with him, live in the Quartermaine mansion waited on by the servants and eventually be the first lady of Port Charles. She doesn't love Chase, and he certainly doesn't have anything to give her that's as much as Michael can.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope it stays a rumor. I don't want to watch months on end of Michael whining about missing out on his kid's life. Talk to your paternal grandmother about how that feels, huh, Michael?

He could commiserate with his father about it if Sonny and Ava hadn't murdered him

• Love 5
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

On 7/11/2018 at 12:15 AM, 30 Helens said:

This beats out Luke wrestling the alligator in Florida, and the time Lucy realized Damian Smith was in Texas because she had visions of his floating head wearing a cowboy hat and eating barbecue.

Links pls

I wish I had some to share. The images are just indelibly etched in my mind. 

• Love 1

I sometimes wonder if there's a power struggle going on behind the scenes. This Carly-in-asylum arc got all but short-circuited. Now Sonny just waltzes in whenever he likes, and all he had to do was flash cash to an orderly. We haven't seen Mary Pat in...weeks? It didn't seem the direction in which this was going. It's as though a Carly fan behind the scenes stepped in and insisted she be given a softer ride. Knowing that it's inevitable that she's going to talk about what hell she was put through (possibly for years, in her litany of things she's overcome), I think it's only good dramatic shaping to show us the hell. Having her forcibly overmedicated for about two days of air time before all of her friends stepped in isn't enough. And as noted upthread, everyone got too firmly on her side too quickly after the stairs incident.  

I see the PC wormhole has offroad access. Finn and Franco somehow beat Obrecht to her own cabin in the woods, even though she had a sizable head start and they've presumably never been there before.  

Wednesday's show had some major ammo for the "Chad Duell is the problem" faction. Those scenes on the docks between Chase and Nelle? Hot. I had no previous data on him, and I wasn't sure she had it in her. Josh Swickard's greenness has been showing more as he's been given more to do, but he does try hard, and when he was drawing closer to Chloe Lanier, with their faces so close, there was real tension there. Even though I knew Chase was conning Nelle, I actually started to wonder if he felt something real underneath it. And he plays Chase like someone who actually enjoys sex, whereas Duell plays Michael like someone who tried it and decided it wasn't for him, like an exotic delicacy.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Dante-Falconeri-dante-falconeri-aka-domi

13 hours ago, Katy M said:

WEll, to be fair to the show, I think any career criminal would be leary of anyone close to them dealing with the police.

Edited by NutmegsDad
On 7/9/2018 at 4:02 PM, bannana said:

He was a little kid and the character ended up being adorable!

@bannana , I was joking about him getting the show cancelled. :) He was pretty bad though. Although he's improved a bit since his first day.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Baby is a major bargaining chip with Michael

The baby is Nelle's ONLY bargaining chip. And she's seen how Carly and Sonny are with Avery, so I'd be very careful about how I played that.

This is our bad-girl schemer?! Oh, Show.

• Love 4

From Carolyn Hinsey’s Twitter:

Watching #GH w a house full of people on vacation. “Why is George Hamilton dressed as Col. Sanders in a scene w the Olsen Twins?” ?

• Love 6

Jesus, they're really dumbing Nelle down. "Intestate" is not an uncommon word or a difficult concept to understand. And given everything that went down with Zachary, Nelle surely would have done cursory research on wills and would be somewhat familiar with the terminology.

Stella is at her best when she's with Mike, even though their conversation today was basically a retread of what they talked about at the Nurses' Ball. They have an easy sweet chemistry, it's a shame nothing can really develop between them due to Mike's deterioration.

Given Sam's leisurely path to suspecting Liesl is involved in Peter's disappearance (it took weeks of P.I. work to conclude that a known crazy lady with a history of abducting people and tons of motivation to hurt Peter might just be the culprit, really, Sam?), I'm amazed she so quickly questioned Nina's West Nile story. 

• Love 5

I thought that Sam was the worst detective ever but Curtis not knowing whether or not there is West Nile in the area takes the cake.  I live north of 'Port Charles' and we get West Nile reports as soon as the hot weather starts.

Is Nelle planning to kill Michael on their honeymoon before he gets back to sign the will?  This is stupid because 1. people will be suspicious since her previous fiance died and 2. if he dies after the will is signed, as the child's sole surviving parent, she'll have control of the money.   Even if there is a trustee, she can still take it to court to get more for her expenses.  How much money does she need anyway?

Again I ask, why doesn't Nelle just stay married to Michael. 

In order for the plan to work, Michael has to legally marry Nelle. Is Michael planning to ask Jason to go along on his honeymoon to save him when Nelle tries to kill him?

Runner-up for best moment was Mike changing Stella's mind about breaking up Curtis and Jordan.

Best moment was Peter (who I'm beginning to loathe) asking Liesl about her story, and Kathleen Gati  showing a vulnerability and hurt little girl.

• Love 3
(edited)

Eh, Michael, save your HOJ (headshake of judgement) for yourself for deciding to engage in tin metal bathtub shenanigans with Nelle. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Again I ask, why doesn't Nelle just stay married to Michael. 

Because of the prenup she believes MIchael will divorcer her.  though why she would think that, since he's the one proposing they get married ASAP is beyond me.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Because of the prenup she believes MIchael will divorcer her. 

Is Nelle aware that Michael can divorce her without a prenup? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) The way they're writing this story is so dumb and unnecessarily complicated. I still don't understand what Chase thinks he can do by staring soulfully into her eyes and telling her she's making a mistake. She's going for the Q money, Chase. Unless and until you can match that, you're out of the running.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I still don't understand what Chase thinks he can do by staring soulfully into her eyes and telling her she's making a mistake. She's going for the Q money, Chase. Unless and until you can match that, you're out of the running.

He's in on the con.  That's why Michael texted him to tell him Nelle signed the pre-nup and it was his "turn."  It's part of the plaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Love 1

Is Nelle aware that Michael can divorce her without a prenup? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) The way they're writing this story is so dumb and unnecessarily complicated. I still don't understand what Chase thinks he can do by staring soulfully into her eyes and telling her she's making a mistake. She's going for the Q money, Chase. Unless and until you can match that, you're out of the running.

I believe that he knows that.  This is part of his plaaaaan to expose Nelle somehow.

How does that even work? He can gaze fake-soulfully into her eyes all he wants, she's still going to take Michael for the money.

As far as Nelle knows Michael loves her as much as Chase does, and she doesn't love either.

And if Zach' s family refused to let her take the money when she was named in his will, how much less are the Quartermaines going to let her have all of Michael 's money when he didn't even make a will?

This whole plot is unbearably stupid.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wouldn't it make more sense for Michael to tell Nelle that he wants to be married to ensure a legal presumption that he's the child's father? Then, Nelle could contrast Michael's  business/baby-focused approach to their marriage against Chase gazing (fake) soulfully into her eyes.  She's been all about Michael for years at this point (and she's apparently a gold-digger now?) so I don't understand how/why she'd be tempted by Chase.

Unless the plan is to pull the rug out from under her by having Michael tell her that he was only pretending to love her so that she'll try to murder him? In which case, cruelly taunting and deceiving the pregnant mother of your child in that way sounds like 1. entrapment, 2. somebody who kinda deserves to get pitched off of a parapet

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

This is such a stupid plan.

I think the plan is for Nelle to grow more suspicious of Michael's love. She found out about the prenup not being mandatory for the Qs. Next Michael is leaving all his money to person he loves most in the world: the baby. Not Nelle.

Now I understand why Chase wants to get back at Nelle that he is all in this stupid plan. But why is Jordan playing along in the hopes that Nelle grows greedy and will try to kill Michael before he signs his will.

• Love 2

I know Chase is in on the plaaaan, but I don't understand what he's trying to get from Nelle. She'll confess that she killed whatshisface? They've written Nelle to be a moron, but not that much of a moron.

Now that I've watched the episode:

Given how much a stickler for rules Stella is, should she be seeing Mike outside of work?

Watching Sam and Curtis go through their "list" of women who could be responsible for Peter's kidnapping was excruciating. Sam really needed to write down, and cross off, two names? Gah.

Wow, a TJ sighting!

LOL that the GH elevator has blue carpeting.

• Love 5

Can't they find a better pregnancy pillow for Nelle?  This one practically has four corners and tassels. 

Who's dreaming the fake-out stabbing?  Because no way can Nelly inherit if she stabs him in front of witnesses, during their wedding.

• Love 2