Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Patrick Gibbons plays the scout. He’s in scenes with RoHo because they worked together on OLTL. Gibbons was adorable as little Sam, Blair’s son with Frodd. When Todd came back, they formed a bond (of course because RoHo plays well off kids). I honestly don’t remember if Gibbons was a good child actor. And it didn’t matter much because he was just so cute no one cared. I don’t mind that Frank cast him, I just wish character and story were worthwhile. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I prefer SBu back playing Jason but I agree otherwise. Who goes through what he did and falls right back into being Sonny's enforcer, business as usual? He's more robotic than ever. No growth or introspection over the lifestyle that got him gut shot and missing five years of his life? Right back to it. He spoke a little of his trauma in the clinic the other day and it was to try and equate it to what Carly is going through. Is that all we're going to get of Jason working through that time? How it relates to Carly? What a joke. Jason was already a shell of himself when he fell into the water. 

I wouldn't feel too bad for SBu. I think he likes the Carson, "Stonecold" Jason. He likes his Spinelli hijinks. Look no further than his podcast. He works that persona. More than anything I think SBu likes a steady paycheck.

Burton is one of the only happy people on set.  No one should feel bad for him.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Baxter said:

This. I just don't get why they would bring SBu back and have him fall right back into the same exact role as before. No second thoughts, no reservations - Jason is just back to doing Sonny and Carly's bidding. No change, no growth - nothing. It would have been much more interesting if SBu came back as the long, lost twin. As an actor, I can only imagine how bored he must be. Let's face it, the character of Jason has a limited range of emotional capacity. Most of the time he just stands around looking pensive.

There is so much story possible to tell with Jason.  He's had brain damage, which they've never explored except when Jason couldn't lie and then he could.  Is he limited emotionally?  Does it make it harder for him to emotionally connect to his sons and if so, is he jealous of the men who can connection to them, Lucky, Drew and Franco?  When he felt overwhelmed by the Quartermaines after the accident, he threw in his lot with Sonny and the mob.  Does he ever regret that choice, shutting off the other options to create rather than destroy. and to be his own boss as Drew is?  Does he ever think about the morality of what he does for Sonny, killing rather than saving as the doctor he was training to be?

Jason also decided that he had to protect Carly and Michael, apparently for the rest of their lives, because they, especially Carly, couldn't survive without him. This was at the cost of his relationships with his own family, the Quartermaines, and with his personal relationships with women, especially Robin.  Does he ever regret this or is he happy devoting his life to Sonny, Carly and Michael. Does he ever look at Drew and think about what might have been?

IMO, it's not the character of Jason who has a limited range of emotional capacity but how Steve Burton wants to play Jason.  Burton is quite possibly the laziest actor I know.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Who was the guy playing the Colonel?  Damn if he didn't look and sound like a young George Hamilton.

That’s because it is George Hamilton. He’s been playing colonel sanders in the KFC commercials for a while.

• Love 2

If they go the Kim/Sonny direction, which I think they will, the body being under Charlie's helps move that along and provide an opportunity for the characters to interact since Sonny is going to be sniffing around the pub and Julian more than usual. I don't know if Julexis will happen again any time soon due to more apparent drama behind the scenes. Oy vey. So maybe a triangle will emerge between Sonny/Kim/Julian. 

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There is so much story possible to tell with Jason.  He's had brain damage, which they've never explored except when Jason couldn't lie and then he could.  Is he limited emotionally?  Does it make it harder for him to emotionally connect to his sons and if so, is he jealous of the men who can connection to them, Lucky, Drew and Franco?  When he felt overwhelmed by the Quartermaines after the accident, he threw in his lot with Sonny and the mob.  Does he ever regret that choice, shutting off the other options to create rather than destroy. and to be his own boss as Drew is?  Does he ever think about the morality of what he does for Sonny, killing rather than saving as the doctor he was training to be?

Jason also decided that he had to protect Carly and Michael, apparently for the rest of their lives, because they, especially Carly, couldn't survive without him. This was at the cost of his relationships with his own family, the Quartermaines, and with his personal relationships with women, especially Robin.  Does he ever regret this or is he happy devoting his life to Sonny, Carly and Michael. Does he ever look at Drew and think about what might have been?

IMO, it's not the character of Jason who has a limited range of emotional capacity but how Steve Burton wants to play Jason.  Burton is quite possibly the laziest actor I know.

And its not that Burton isn't capable, in my opinion he is.  His portrayal of Jason after the accident, with Robin and first attaching to Sonny was really great work. The scene in the hospital with Robin after she tells Sonny to fire him sticks out. But, and maybe this is only to be expected when you play the same role for 25 years, he's been phoning it in for a long time. The deteriorated writing and slashed budget doesn't help, but Jason as Stonecold is way easier to drop into and play than how I think Jason Morgan was originally intended and portrayed for a while. Or a Jason that grows and evolves. All the scenarios and questions you mention we should've been watching play out for years. So while I agree SBu could give more, even with what little he has to work with, it is still little to work with. No character has changed for the better in the last ten years. 

On 7/5/2018 at 3:04 PM, Hater said:

She's not.  If the rumors are true, Drew is not going to be on the show much longer. EH might play a love interest to Sonny before Drew imo.

She and the other actresses up for the part screen tested solely with Miller.

If he stays (big if), she’s very likely for him.

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

what drama?

Just some rumors swirling that NLG doesn't want Julexis again or rather Alexis in a love triangle. Some of her recent tweets have played into these rumblings. Apparently there was a dust up with her and WDV over story direction. Who knows whats true. Its all just speculation at this point. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are these all trick questions?

2 hours ago, Baxter said:

This. I just don't get why they would bring SBu back and have him fall right back into the same exact role as before. No second thoughts, no reservations - Jason is just back to doing Sonny and Carly's bidding. No change, no growth - nothing.

Because it's all he cares about doing. Minimum effort, maximum pay.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

All the scenarios and questions you mention we should've been watching play out for years. So while I agree SBu could give more, even with what little he has to work with, it is still little to work with.

It's pretty well accepted that MB and TG have/had the power to influence their storylines and scenes.  Steve Burton is probably in that category too. if he wanted any of those scenarios, I bet he would have got them and been thanked for the ideas.

Burton has little to work with because that's the way he likes it and he has the power to make it happen.  KM lobbied, including on social media, for Sam to stay with Drew when Burton returned but Burton wanted JaSam. What happened is that Sam got put back with Jason so fast, none of the story makes any sense at all (see previous page dialogue on how terrible Sam felt with Drew when what was on screen was none of that).  If Burton wanted a serious arc on Jason returning after five years, seeing his sons grown and his wife married. and his feelings about everyone having moved on, he would have got it.  What he wanted was to slip back into the same old black T shirt and continue in exactly the same role he left barely putting any energy into a scene except when he's saving someone.

There are some actors (e.g. Emily Bett Rickards on Arrow) who never stop being their character even when they're just in the fuzzy background of a scene with no lines or direction.  Burton barely does that when Jason is the focus of a scene.

----

This reminds me of ER and the addiction arcs for Carter and for Abby.  Noah Wyle didn't want Carter tarnished and so Carter's arc was a 'blink and you miss it' as Carter did crosswords puzzles during AA meetings and pressured Abby into being his sponsor because he didn't want to talk to a stranger. Two seasons later he was getting drunk and no one said a work that he was an addict.  Maura Tierney wanted Abby to really relapse if they were going to do the arc and Abby's relapse was gritty and messy and got a lot of hate for the character. But it was realistic and it did give Tierney the chance to flex her acting muscles.

• Love 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Sticker Shock said:

She and the other actresses up for the part screen tested solely with Miller.

If he stays (big if), she’s very likely for him.

She did not test with him.  She clarified that she did not in a later interview, FV just hired her after he saw her at the emmys.  I think it's moot anyway.

Edited by Hater
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Gibbons was adorable as little Sam, Blair’s son with Frodd. When Todd came back, they formed a bond (of course because RoHo plays well off kids). I honestly don’t remember if Gibbons was a good child actor. And it didn’t matter much because he was just so cute no one cared.

He was not. He was very little then but he had charm, which is all you needed at that age. I have no idea if he can act now, I haven't seen anything but his first day where it seemed like he may have been scripted to be wooden. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 2

Total fremdschämen with the KFC stuff. George Hamilton has no shame, for which I legit love him, but the colonel has no business being on GH in any capacity. Poor ER and KSt.

Hey, Wyatt, if your scoutmaster won't come to the cabin, get to a phone and call the police. What kind of crap scout leader terrifies his kids so much they won't rescue a guy who's clearly in trouble? The entire troop should be in there making things worse instead of better, heh. FFS, this story is SO DUMB.

"It'd be easy to look the other way and leave me to fend for myself." Uh, Michael, no one forced you to take on Nelle. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sonny and Olivia weren't the same age. She was younger than him.

I thought they had said both were the same age, because Mo was getting his panties in a bunch that Sonny was old enough to have a son Dante's age.  By making Sonny and Olivia 15 at conception than it would explain why 45 year old Olivia was 30 year old Dante's mother and they could continue to pretend that Sonny was also 45 ish, despite the fact that Mo clearly wasn't.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Just some rumors swirling that NLG doesn't want Julexis again or rather Alexis in a love triangle. Some of her recent tweets have played into these rumblings. Apparently there was a dust up with her and WDV over story direction. Who knows whats true. Its all just speculation at this point. 

No you're probably right, I don't believe that is speculation or exaggeration.

IMO she's been sounding that alarm for a year or more in interviews when asked about Julian - ever since he tried to slit Alexis' throat. That twitter dust-up just made it plain to the blind.

• Love 1

Couldn't they have tied Col. Sanders in to the 4th of July festivities or something ? He could have been in the park handing out samples of the new sandwich. Why have him in scenes with Maxie and Lulu ? I was waiting to hear how/why Maxie knows him and didn't really hear a reason.

And why did they have them hiding his secret recipe ? Is that going to figure into a (probably stupid) plot line later on ?

• Love 3

This KFC thing is definitely the stupidest sponsorship storyline on GH - worse even than a couple of Nurses Balls ago when Yoplait was the sponsor and they stood around after rehearsal eating fucking yogurt instead of rehydrating themselves.

Actually Clorox would be a brilliant idea to advertise in the show.  Sonny and Jason need to wash blood out of their clothes on a regular basis.

• Love 13

So I broke down and actually watched the Sam/Alexis scenes instead of just reading recaps and I gotta say Sam has a very interesting take on things. One that I'm not really sure I can get on board with. I should have known when Sam actually started off by saying "The day Drew left me" and not "The day I told Drew I had been lying for months, was also in love with his brother and no longer was going to honor are vows" that things were going to go shit south quickly. So putting aside that asinine way to start this story does anyone else find it incredibly shitty that Sam was so judgmental and harsh with her reaction to Drew at the PCPD.? I know a lot of things I've read said people felt like she was saying Drew made her feel small I actually felt more like she was accusing him  of not caring and moving on. Which makes no sense considering this is a story in which Drew up and left Sam I guess it fits. I just want to know what the heck this chick is on? She's the one who's off telling anyone who will listen how stifled she was at Aurora, she's giggling with Spinelli and Jason about old times what exactly does she want from Drew? The man hasn't raised his voice to her once, hasn't questioned her on anything all he said was he wasn't going to hang around and wait for her to decide who she wanted and apparently that's not good or compassionate enough for Sam. I guess Drew should have taken up residence in the pink room at the pent house and came out every couple of hours to see if she needed anything. And I almost forgot I especially loved that Sam used the PCPD story as a reason divorce was right choice because you know basing this choice on a 5 sec reaction from a heart broken probably embarrassed person seems legit.

Then at the end Sam announces "If Drew can move on with his life I can move on with mine" So I guess right up to the very end Sam is sticking with Drew moved on and she's his victim.

I have loved Sam a long  time but dear God she is a insufferable cow right now.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I thought they had said both were the same age, because Mo was getting his panties in a bunch that Sonny was old enough to have a son Dante's age.  By making Sonny and Olivia 15 at conception than it would explain why 45 year old Olivia was 30 year old Dante's mother and they could continue to pretend that Sonny was also 45 ish, despite the fact that Mo clearly wasn't.  

He was a teen too but he wasn't 15. His being 18 goes with the timeline. Never heard anything about MB throwing a tantrum about Sonny having a grown son.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Actually Clorox would be a brilliant idea to advertise in the show.  Sonny and Jason need to wash blood out of their clothes on a regular basis.

Actually I thought I saw a bit of a commercial promo of the JaSam story (on ABC's website?), sponsored by Clorox.  I didn't care enough to reverse back through the promo to make sure.

Since when can people ring a doorbell at Maxie's apartment?  Beyond stupid.

Griffin and Kiki, first at the park then in the hospital hallway, "We must never say we slept together!  We can't tell anyone we slept together! We slept together!  No one can know!"  Say it a little louder, kids.

Beloved Jason isn't in on the Michael dead plot?

• Love 5

I read a recap of the KFC stuff. Sounds terrible, but not even in a car wreck way. More of a car-got-scratched way.

(See, people who thought no thought was put into Dante's exit? Now the KFC scenes were what absolutely no thought looked like.)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

He was a teen too but he wasn't 15. His being 18 goes with the timeline. Never heard anything about MB throwing a tantrum about Sonny having a grown son.

From the GH Wiki page:

Michael Corinthos Jr. is born on April 21, 1965, to Michael and Adela Corinthos.  In 2012, Sonny's birth year was revised to 1969 when his aged was listed as forty-two on his arrest records

Dante was born in Bensonhurst around 1984 to a teenager Olivia Falconeri.[2] Olivia dated Sonny Corinthos in high school and after the relationship ended, Sonny began dating Olivia's cousin Connie(now known as Kate Howard). After Sonny leaves Bensonhurst, Olivia learns she was pregnant. 

The original date would have him 19 when Dante was born, but the revised date would have him 15.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Sonny and Jason need to wash blood out of their clothes on a regular basis.

Except they don't since they are the worst mobsters in the history of mobstering.  In the real world, or even in Tony Soprano's world, Ava (whom I love), and Franco (whom I despise) would both be dead by now based on their various transgressions.  But then again, so would Sonny and Jason.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'd like to see that explained to a jury, even a Port Charles jury.  "Drew had Jason's memories transplanted into his brain, and now Drew is aware of everything bad Jason has ever done."  

Drew actually said as much to Liz. He's only been aware of himself for a couple years, but he's the most self-aware character on the show.

• Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

If they go the Kim/Sonny direction, which I think they will, the body being under Charlie's helps move that along and provide an opportunity for the characters to interact since Sonny is going to be sniffing around the pub and Julian more than usual. I don't know if Julexis will happen again any time soon due to more apparent drama behind the scenes. Oy vey. So maybe a triangle will emerge between Sonny/Kim/Julian.

K.M.N.

If this is how it works out I am done. My FF button is wearing out as it is with Sonny crap. He taints every damn storyline. Who really likes all these moobsters anyway??

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 4

So, over the holiday we actually drove past Croton NY on our way to visit family. This prompted a long rant from me about the stupid SL. My family, being trapped, had to listen -- although naturally they wondered why if Sonny killed a bajillion people since then, he is worried about this one body. 

As an outgrowth of the conversation, my son informs me that Steve Burton as Cloud Strife is actually a good, emotive voice actor. I will have to take his word for it! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I read a recap of the KFC stuff. Sounds terrible, but not even in a car wreck way. More of a car-got-scratched way.

(See, people who thought no thought was put into Dante's exit? Now the KFC scenes were what absolutely no thought looked like.)

It was sooooooo embarrassing.  From top to bottom, not one redeeming part.  Lulu begging "The Colonel" to let her write his story, Maxie somehow being BFFs with him, Spinelli shoe-horned in there for her cyber-skills.  I would've rather watched an hour of Carly trying to decipher Morse Code than this trainwreck.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

The original date would have him 19 when Dante was born, but the revised date would have him 15.  

The props people have no continuity.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, ciarra said:

I am going to pretend this Colonel Sanders shit never happened.  It is embarrassing to even think about, never mind writing / talking about it. But here is my question... if baby James has been in the hospital for the past month or so, why is Maxie never there with him? When my son was born and had to spend two weeks in the NICU, even though the hospital was 45 minutes from where I lived, I spent almost all day, every day, with him, holding him and nursing him. Even though I had a four year old at home.  Has Maxie been seen with the baby since she was released? And, do we think there will be any baby switching shenanigans when he goes home?

30 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Has Maxie been seen with the baby since she was released?

Yes, she was shown to be in the NICU with him a few times and enough people have seen him to make a swap highly unlikely.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

K.M.N.

If this is how it works out I am done. My FF button is wearing out as it is with Sonny crap. He taints every damn storyline. Who really likes all these moobsters anyway??

I do lol the mob is what got me into the show it’s what makes it different than other soaps. Sonny and Jason for life!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

As an outgrowth of the conversation, my son informs me that Steve Burton as Cloud Strife is actually a good, emotive voice actor. I will have to take his word for it! 

I can believe it, remembering him as Jason Quartermaine back in the day.  I think over the years as Jason Morgan he got comfortable not having to emote on GH.

The writers/TPTB need to stop trying to make JaSam part 2 happen.  Whatever magic there was is gone.  In their scenes together they just look uncomfortable and their 'longing' looks at each other just look like constipation.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I can believe it, remembering him as Jason Quartermaine back in the day.  I think over the years as Jason Morgan he got comfortable not having to emote on GH.

The writers/TPTB need to stop trying to make JaSam part 2 happen.  Whatever magic there was is gone.  In their scenes together they just look uncomfortable and their 'longing' looks at each other just look like constipation.

Their longing stares just scream "DEAD SOUL-LESS EYES."   There is a tenseness there and it's not sexual tension.  It's an awkward one.....

• Love 8
9 hours ago, gp1999 said:

I do lol the mob is what got me into the show it’s what makes it different than other soaps. Sonny and Jason for life!

YMMV...to each his/her own. :-)

I remember the days when this show was actually about the hospital & doctors & nurses. (I also remember when it was 15 minutes in B&W, too. lol) Just bothers me that everyone loves/admires/respects Sonny who is not exactly what one would call a positive role model.

• Love 14
On 7/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

As fucking ridiculous as that crap was, you have to admit, the way Maxie described him, this iteration of the Colonel sounds like a pretty cool dude. Jeez, can't believe I just typed that. 

Next week on GH - a return of Casey the Alien.  He'll be marrying Anna and Finn, Robin will be the Maid of Honor.

• Love 2

I had the opposite reaction to The Colonel, that they were trying too hard to make him woke and hip and trendy. The only people over 60 that are that good on twitter are the late Roger Ebert and Margaret Atwood and they wouldn't be dropping by Maxie's house like that.  On the other hand, I'd love to have met the real Harlan Sanders

Harland David Sanders was born on September 9, 1890, in a four-room house located 3 miles (5 km) east of Henryville, Indiana. He was the oldest of three children born to Wilbur David and Margaret Ann (née Dunlevy) Sanders..... Sanders' mother was a devout Christian and strict parent, continuously warning her children of "the evils of alcohol, tobacco, gambling, and whistling on Sundays."

Sanders' father died in 1895. His mother got work in a tomato cannery, and the young Harland was left to look after and cook for his siblings. By the age of seven, he was reportedly skilled with bread and vegetables, and improving with meat; the children foraged for food while their mother was away for days at a time for work. When he was 10, Sanders began to work as a farmhand.

In 1902, Sanders' mother remarried to William Broaddus, and the family moved to Greenwood, Indiana. Sanders had a tumultuous relationship with his stepfather. In 1903, he dropped out of seventh grade (later stating that "algebra's what drove me off"), and went to live and work on a nearby farm.] At age 13, he left home. He then took a job painting horse carriages in Indianapolis. When he was 14, he moved to southern Indiana to work as a farmhand.

It sounds like the stepfather was abusive because the  younger brother also left soon.  But what is a widow with three small children to do in 1902 with no safety net?

There were a number of ups and downs in his life (he put  all his savings into founding an acetylene torch company which failed when anther company sold electric torches on credit, he had a service station which was successful but closed in the depression six years later, another one was favourably reviewed by Duncan Hines. He bought a restaurant and motel which then was destroyed by a fire. He rebuild it but when the US entered WWII, gas was rationed. tourism dried up and he had to close.  He moved on to run cafeterias for the government and then to the franchises. At 70 he was driving around to restaurants, sleeping in the back of his car, and bringing on new franchises. In his 80s he was making surprised visits to franchises to make sure they kept up the quality of the food.

I thought it was fascinating reading about a man who had amazing resilience.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Hater said:

Their longing stares just scream "DEAD SOUL-LESS EYES."   There is a tenseness there and it's not sexual tension.  It's an awkward one.....

Don't know if she's been vocal about it but KM must be resentful of the fact that the return of her 'work husband' will probably put her real-life boyfriend out of a job.  If BM leaves I hope she leaves with him as an ultimate 'F you'.  She probably won't though- she seems to be aware of her limitations as an actress and will choose job security instead.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Don't know if she's been vocal about it but KM must be resentful of the fact that the return of her 'work husband' will probably put her real-life boyfriend out of a job.

Genie Francis probably knows how she feels; Tony Geary could not only determine his long vacations, he could determine storylines too* while GF had to take what crumbs she got.  It's grossly unfair, although I shouldn't be surprised, how much power SBu wields while KM who has been on the show for years seems to have none.

*I will never not resent that TG pushed for and got Ethan as Luke's son rather than Robert's.

• Love 10
(edited)

So I broke down and actually watched the Sam/Alexis scenes instead of just reading recaps and I gotta say Sam has a very interesting take on things. One that I'm not really sure I can get on board with. I should have known when Sam actually started off by saying "The day Drew left me" and not "The day I told Drew I had been lying for months, was also in love with his brother and no longer was going to honor are vows" that things were going to go shit south quickly. So putting aside that asinine way to start this story does anyone else find it incredibly shitty that Sam was so judgmental and harsh with her reaction to Drew at the PCPD.? I know a lot of things I've read said people felt like she was saying Drew made her feel small I actually felt more like she was accusing him  of not caring and moving on. Which makes no sense considering this is a story in which Drew up and left Sam I guess it fits. I just want to know what the heck this chick is on? She's the one who's off telling anyone who will listen how stifled she was at Aurora, she's giggling with Spinelli and Jason about old times what exactly does she want from Drew? The man hasn't raised his voice to her once, hasn't questioned her on anything all he said was he wasn't going to hang around and wait for her to decide who she wanted and apparently that's not good or compassionate enough for Sam. I guess Drew should have taken up residence in the pink room at the pent house and came out every couple of hours to see if she needed anything. And I almost forgot I especially loved that Sam used the PCPD story as a reason divorce was right choice because you know basing this choice on a 5 sec reaction from a heart broken probably embarrassed person seems legit.

Then at the end Sam announces "If Drew can move on with his life I can move on with mine" So I guess right up to the very end Sam is sticking with Drew moved on and she's his victim.

I have loved Sam a long  time but dear God she is a insufferable cow right now.

Honestly, I can't even be mad at the character for this fuckery because this whole mess is just more evidence of the god-awful writing on this show.  And what I continue to be perplexed by is why they feel the need to go to these desperate lengths regarding Sam and Drew's breakup, when really, just having Sam realize she still loved Jason and always will and wants him, would have sufficed. Instead, it's like they want to somehow denigrate the Sam/Drew relationship and Drew character, but without fully committing to it because, and I've said this before, I suspect that they don't want to burn bridges with Billy Miller. So they're towing this line where they're not really making Drew a bad guy but throwing in these moronic lines by Sam that suggests that he was the "bad guy" in the relationship, so then I guess it gives Sam the all clear and no judgement to run back to Jason. But all it's accomplishing is making Sam look like a completely selfish and stupid ass twat who is attacking a man that SHE LEFT and whose only sin was loving her. 

As for the mob love and all that, the problem isn't that the show should do away with the Jason and Sonny characters forever, even if I don't care for either. The problem is that the show became all about them and their minions and anyone who wasn't on the side of Sonny and Jason, was the "bad guy". Even if it was just that this person recognized them for the criminals that they were. Guaranteed the writing would eventually find a way to denigrate said person and make them do something awful so that viewers could continue to view the murdering, criminal assholes as the ones to root for. That's the problem with the show. And it's been stuck in that repetitive cycle for years. 

And it's why, despite how others felt, since I know opinions were divisive, I liked Billy Miller's version of Jason. Because I felt like I was seeing a Jason who *gasp* had grown up, seemed more self-aware, god forbid was warm and kinder to people and while he was still friends with Carly and Sonny, didn't wrap his entire life around them. He had space in his heart for his mother and his Quartermaine legacy and that was all okay. I liked original Jason and Sam but was over them the second they had Jason threaten Sam's life. And I never gave the pairing more than a few passing glances again, until Billy Miller came onboard. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 19
(edited)

The KFC stuff was bad with a capital "b," but I paradoxically didn't mind it. I just responded to it as if it were several extra commercial breaks. Because...that's what it was. 

Was Peter's speech about initiative to this mentally slow, bugle-playing scout LWB's Daytime Emmy clip?

I was never that invested in the Drew/Sam/Jason triangle (such as it was), but the way they're playing it now does conflict with the story that took up a lot of 2017. There was nothing reluctant about Sam moving into the media company, no hint of "I'm not supposed to be chained to a desk; I'm a ride-or-die chick!" She was so hysterical about then-Jason's dangerous life that she shot Sonny and kicked him into a pit. I guess we're supposed to think she wasn't herself because of her exposure to cat feces, but her misgivings about that kind of life were not entirely written as psychosis.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Honestly, I can't even be mad at the character for this fuckery because this whole mess is just more evidence of the god-awful writing on this show.  And what I continue to be perplexed by is why they feel the need to go to these desperate lengths regarding Sam and Drew's breakup, when really, just having Sam realize she still loved Jason and always will and wants him, would have sufficed. Instead, it's like they want to somehow denigrate the Sam/Drew relationship and Drew character, but without fully committing to it because, and I've said this before, I suspect that they don't want to burn bridges with Billy Miller. So they're towing this line where they're not really making Drew a bad guy but throwing in these moronic lines by Sam that suggests that he was the "bad guy" in the relationship, so then I guess it gives Sam the all clear and no judgement to run back to Jason. But all it's accomplishing is making Sam look like a completely selfish and stupid ass twat who is attacking a man that SHE LEFT and whose only sin was loving her. 

As for the mob love and all that, the problem isn't that the show should do away with the Jason and Sonny characters forever, even if I don't care for either. The problem is that the show became all about them and their minions and anyone who wasn't on the side of Sonny and Jason, was the "bad guy". Even if it was just that this person recognized them for the criminals that they were. Guaranteed the writing would eventually find a way to denigrate said person and make them do something awful so that viewers could continue to view the murdering, criminal assholes as the ones to root for. That's the problem with the show. And it's been stuck in that repetitive cycle for years. 

And it's why, despite how others felt, since I know opinions were divisive, I liked Billy Miller's version of Jason. Because I felt like I was seeing a Jason who *gasp* had grown up, seemed more self-aware, god forbid was warm and kinder to people and while he was still friends with Carly and Sonny, didn't wrap his entire life around them. He had space in his heart for his mother and his Quartermaine legacy and that was all okay. I liked original Jason and Sam but was over them the second they had Jason threaten Sam's life. And I never gave the pairing more than a few passing glances again, until Billy Miller came onboard. 

I totally agree about the writing being beyond awful and I know I should take that into consideration regarding how awful Sam is right now they are making it very hard though.

First Sam looked beyond ridiculous making it sound like Drew ran out on her, treated her like nothing and moved on with his life minutes after having a convo with him in which he told her he would always make time for her, was interested in how her life was going and called them true love. Thats what really bothered me Sam is holding onto this 5 sec reaction from Drew as proof of anything and it's such BS. Then you add in the fact that much like we never saw Sam feel stifled at Aurora we never saw Sam act like she was at Rock bottom because Drew walked by her. She was off with Spin and Jason she never once seemed to care at all what Drew thought of her. My biggest takeaway from all of it was that it's perfectly fine for Sam to have human reactions to things even if they cause hurt and dishonesty but Drew is not afforded that same courtesy. 

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, LillyB said:

Could this show get any worse? Between dead Col. Sanders and that stupid scout, everything was god awful.

It was no MonaVie or On*Star.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, Cheyanne11 said:
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, ulkis said:

It was sooooooo embarrassing.  From top to bottom, not one redeeming part.  Lulu begging "The Colonel" to let her write his story, Maxie somehow being BFFs with him, Spinelli shoe-horned in there for her cyber-skills.  I would've rather watched an hour of Carly trying to decipher Morse Code than this trainwreck.

I could have even taken Carly telling the Colonel that Ava killed Connie Falconeri/Morgan every two minutes. If I really wanted to fanwank the plot, I'd have this interation of the Colonel be the "dead body" that is suppose to be in the basement of Charley's Pub.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Auntie Velvet said:
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, ciarra said:

I'd like to see that explained to a jury, even a Port Charles jury.  "Drew had Jason's memories transplanted into his brain, and now Drew is aware of everything bad Jason has ever done."  

Drew actually said as much to Liz. He's only been aware of himself for a couple years, but he's the most self-aware character on the show.

And, in the Sonnyverse, that would not be considered proof, or else Diane would strike down every instance on legal grounds, but take Drew and some truth serum, and "start to find" stuff anonymously, and Jason and Sonny would be at a SuperMax.

• Love 1