Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Can't beat the look in Sam's eyes when she stares up at Jason. The stark realization that Jason will never put anyone ahead of Carly, EVER.

Wife? -Ha!

Kids? -Are you serious? 

Your own freedom? -Who needs it? 

Sonny?? - .......Toughest one yet. But, still no. 

Jason is a fucking moron. 

• Love 12

Sam: You think Carly will just leave her family and go to Canada?
Me: Are you kidding?  She'd jump a the chance to go to a foreign country for an undetermined amount of time with Jason.

I do enjoy the relationship of Liz and Drew.  I like that she didn't ditch him when "real" Jason came back like everyone else.  She understands that Jake knows Drew as, if not his father, certainly a father figure and just cutting him out would be bad for Jake. Also, she understands that Drew is actually a nice, decent guy who is a victim in all of this, too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I hate this Carly/Nelle storyline.  I don't care for either character and don't sympathize with either of their situations so I just plain don't care if Carly gets out of Nelle gets her happily ever after.  And I'm pissed that Chase has been dragged into this and is yet another character that is going to be up Sonny's butt. I had such hope for him.  Thought he and the DA should hook up and be one of the few decent pairings on this show.

• Love 9
(edited)

My poor Scotty, just here to be judged and used as a pawn by stupid Franco (and Ava, but at least Ava likes to get martinis with him!).  I'm sure this will cost him his law license and Franco won't give a F.

Also, something I thought of today.  Not that I want Serena to be subjected to her SERIAL KILLER half-bro, but given all the pressure he's putting on Liz to invite her sister/family to the wedding, shouldn't that have come up?  Even if it's an off-hand mention that she slammed the phone down the instant she heard his name?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I really liked the way they're writing Dante off.  It makes sense given his relationship with Lulu is good, and it's a nod to the old days when characters would disappear for years doing WSB work and then pop up again.  DZ is such a good actor, it really is the show's loss.  He even makes ER rise to the occasion.  (And that's a much better hairstyle for her in the re-shot flashback then her real hair.)

I also like what they're doing with Alexis these days. Finally self-awareness in her fifties.  It's also a nice parallel with Kiki taking responsibility for reporting Bensch.

Don't do it, Scott! You could lose your law license!  Absurd as it was, I loved Ava's plots to get rid of him.  They're serious about redeeming Franco he pointed out that it was fun plotting but they couldn't really kill him. But then this plot with Scott, just say no.

I like Liz's scenes with Drew. That's how exes should behave.

Drew: I know things about Jason that could send him to jail.  Liz:  Good thing then that you're a nice guy and won't use it.   Me:  Use it! Use it!

On the other hand .... I hate that they are making Kevin the bad guy in the Ferncliffe story. Yes, Jason, break Carly out and run to Canada with her.  Then when Carly is acquitted of trying to kill Nelle, she can still go to Pentonville for escaping from Ferncliffe.  It's a sad state when Sam is the genius in a relationship. And she has to remind him that they're working together on this.  How did Jason ever handle pre-med?  And Nelle is super stupid for believing Michael now.

Overall, an episode on the plus side.  Bonus, no Carly or Sonny.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And I'm pissed that Chase has been dragged into this and is yet another character that is going to be up Sonny's butt.

He's taking the job over from Dante now that DZ is leaving the show.

• Love 5
(edited)

Chase spotting Sam at the gym was another thing that came out of nowhere. Weren't they at odds the last time they crossed paths? 

Francesca! That's the other #MeToo person.

Ugh, more grade school emotions from Finn. Where is Silas Clay to tell people they're adults—supposedly (™ now and forever)?

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really liked the way they're writing Dante off.  It makes sense given his relationship with Lulu is good, and it's a nod to the old days when characters would disappear for years doing WSB work and then pop up again.

It's a bit out of left field, but Dante is doing something that fits with his general demeanor. At least he wasn't gunned down trying to save Sonny.

Edited by dubbel zout
getting rid of repetition
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really liked the way they're writing Dante off.  It makes sense given his relationship with Lulu is good, and it's a nod to the old days when characters would disappear for years doing WSB work and then pop up again.

And he said he's doing some kind of undercover work, right?  That's a decent nod to how he came into the show, as an undercover agent working (siiigh) against Sonny.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Can't beat the look in Sam's eyes when she stares up at Jason. The stark realization that Jason will never put anyone ahead of Carly, EVER.

Wife? -Ha!

Kids? -Are you serious? 

Your own freedom? -Who needs it? 

Sonny?? - .......Toughest one yet. But, still no. 

Jason is a fucking moron. 

But Sam doesn't care that's the best part.  She just goes along with everything.  

• Love 1

I get why Lulu doesn't want Dante to leave, but she's also being sort of a jerk. This is something Dante wants to do (for a plot point, but whatever), just as she wants to be a journalist.

Poor Scott. Yet again he's on the wrong side of a case. 

Did Kevin actually drop the dime on Jason, or is it all speculation?

I can't believe Michael is stupid enough to call Nelle's bluff by asking her to marry him. (Well, of course I can, but you know what I mean.) As a way to "control" Nelle, it's super gross. Though I look forward to Carly's reaction when she hears about it.

• Love 2

And so DZ's exit from the show was given the same lackluster and halfhearted regard as his character has received in recent years. It's perfectly fine for Dante to go undercover with the WSB since that does take the character full circle, but this sendoff was totally lacking in fanfare. No scenes with his parents or siblings or kids, just a brief farewell to Lulu, a slapdash conversation with Chase, a rejiggered flashback, and out the door he goes. Maybe the writers didn't have time to craft a more substantial exit, but there's no excuse for the way they backburnered and wasted a talented and likeable actor. I'm forever going to be bitter that we didn't get more of a relationship between him and Maxie and that we never got to see him meet Nathan's son. I hope DZ goes on to bigger and better or at least finds something that will be more professionally satisfying than his time on GH.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I get why Lulu doesn't want Dante to leave, but she's also being sort of a jerk. This is something Dante wants to do (for a plot point, but whatever), just as she wants to be a journalist.

He's probably a lot safer than she is when she does dumb shit like trying to interview maniacs.

Bye DZ! Totally did the right thing for yourself but I hate you right now!

Did they have to put Lulu in that shirt?

I ff'ed everything else just cause. Sam did seem alert for once though.

Of course the last segment was interrupted in the NYC affiliate. Arrrrgh. For a newsworthy reason though, sigh.

• Love 2

How does Michael think getting engaged to Nelle is a good idea?  She killed her last fiancé, why does he think she won't have qualms about killing him.  Or does he think he's too smart to allow that to happen?  If she isn't nagging him about getting married, then why take this initiative?  Ask her on a date for pete's sake. Go out for dinner.  There's a lot he could do to make her think he's rethinking his "it's only about the baby" stance without a freaking engagement.

Drew got the invitation for Elizabeth & Franco's wedding - and the wedding is in November?  I know that's a decent amount of notice for a real-life wedding, but I really don't want to hear five months' worth of wedding prep. One of the nice things about a soap is that engagement and wedding are usually only a couple of months apart - at most.

• Love 1
(edited)

They've turned Drew into such a sad sack. What a waste of BM. I still liked his scenes with Liz. BM and BH play well off each other and I always thought they looked good together. Could've done with less Franco talk but its Liz and she's programmed to utter his name every fifth word or she powers down. 

I want to thank SBu for the comic relief that was Jason walking up in those boxing gloves and then proceeding to punch the bag for several minutes as 5'3" KeMo braced for rogue right and left hooks. Their conversation was classic. Just when I think they can't make Jason any dumber. He had more common sense when he woke up from a coma and didn't know his own name. 

Franco, "the reformed", gushing over murder tactics with Ava made me want to jump out of my skin. But he doesn't really mean it. Tumor Franco was active evil this one just sadistically jokes about it. Is he also skinning cats later to satisfy the bloodlust he selflessly gave up for Liz? Please put him with Ava if they refuse to kill him off. Disgusting. 

If Kevin gets the bus over this Carly crap I'm gonna be pissed. Speaking of buses, Chase better get comfortable under there. 

DZ finally got an interesting storyline on his last day at work. Of course. I thought his goodbye was sweet. Might have gotten a speck of dust in my eye at one point. Best of luck to Dom! Don't look back.

Michael and Nelle were ff material as always. 

When the episode ended I realized I actually enjoyed it more than usual. I couldn't place why. @statsgirl above reminded me it was Carson free. Bingo! 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

And so DZ's exit from the show was given the same lackluster and halfhearted regard as his character has received in recent years. It's perfectly fine for Dante to go undercover with the WSB since that does take the character full circle, but this sendoff was totally lacking in fanfare. No scenes with his parents or siblings or kids, just a brief farewell to Lulu, a slapdash conversation with Chase, a rejiggered flashback, and out the door he goes. 

I can't complain too much. I wanted the door open for him to return if this damn show ever gets fucking canceled, and it is. And no shmoopy last scene with Sonny. And now that Dante is gone I can finally say this without jinxing it: it is a minor miracle he never took to calling Sonny "dad" full time or joined the mob. I know people criticize him for sucking up to Sonny too much but it could have been so. much. worse.

I would also like to thank Bryan Craig and Ryan Paevey for leaving first and so probably allowing Dante to leave the show relatively unscathed.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

They've turned Drew into such a sad sack. What a waste of BM. I still liked his scenes with Liz. BM and BH play well off each other and I always thought they looked good together. Could've done with less Franco talk but its Liz and she's programmed to utter his name every fifth word or she powers down. 

He's not going to be around much longer if the rumors are true so it makes sense.  He's background fodder and a prop.

• Love 1

Sure, Dante gets the WSB undercover story and a halfway dignified exit and no deadbeat dad bullshit....[/bitter]

I'm kidding, I don't honestly begrudge him this. I like Dante and DZ both very much. But it does sting my Lucky Spencer-loving heart a little bit.

• Love 5

Saw the last segment. Aw, he called her Lesley Lu. I might finally have some mist in my eye.

3 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Sure, Dante gets the WSB undercover story and a halfway dignified exit and no deadbeat dad bullshit....[/bitter]

I'm kidding, I don't honestly begrudge him this. I like Dante and DZ both very much. But it does sting my Lucky Spencer-loving heart a little bit.

Remember, Lucky's exit was written by Garin Wolf. I think Ron never fixed it because they were hoping to get JJ back. At this point I think the implication is that Lucky is off doing stuff. Anyway, Lucky and Dante totally meet off screen and team up. #Itiscanon 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

He's not going to be around much longer if the rumors are true so it makes sense.  He's background fodder and a prop.

Funny how that happened now that he lives in the Q manse and wants to spend time with Monica.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

How does Michael think getting engaged to Nelle is a good idea?  She killed her last fiancé, why does he think she won't have qualms about killing him. 

He hasn't made her the sole (or main) beneficiary of his will, so he probably thinks he's safe.

53 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I want to thank SBu for the comic relief that was Jason walking up in those boxing gloves and then proceeding to punch the bag for several minutes as 5'3" KeMo braced for rogue right and left hooks. Their conversation was classic. Just when I think they can't make Jason any dumber. He had more common sense when he woke up from a coma and didn't know his own name. 

Franco, "the reformed", gushing over murder tactics with Ava made me want to jump out of my skin. But he doesn't really mean it. Tumor Franco was active evil this one just sadistically jokes about it. Is he also skinning cats later to satisfy the bloodlust he selflessly gave up for Liz? Please put him with Ava if they refuse to kill him off. Disgusting. 

If Kevin gets the bus over this Carly crap I'm gonna be pissed. Speaking of buses, Chase better get comfortable under there. 

DZ finally got an interesting storyline on his last day at work. Of course. I thought his goodbye was sweet. Might have gotten a speck of dust in my eye at one point. Best of luck to Dom! Don't look back.

Michael and Nelle were ff material as always. 

When the episode ended I realized I actually enjoyed it more than usual. I couldn't place why. @statsgirl above reminded me it was Carson free. Bingo! 

You know, the writers could actually do some really interesting things with Franco, Ava, Drew, and Jason if they were actually competent at their job.  Jason could be conflicted when it comes to Ava because Carly and Sonny hate her, but he'd still be in that Russian prison if not for her.  He could see a good side to her and know that she is flawed but still be grateful and friendly-ish towards her.  Then, you have Drew who has a similar relationship with Franco.  Then, you put Franco and Ava together and Drew and Jason end up interacting and maybe can actually have a brother relationship that Jason and AJ could have/should have/almost did at times, all while questioning how the other could possibly be friends with one half of that relationship.

39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Saw the last segment. Aw, he called her Lesley Lu. I might finally have some mist in my eye.

Remember, Lucky's exit was written by Garin Wolf. I think Ron never fixed it because they were hoping to get JJ back. At this point I think the implication is that Lucky is off doing stuff. Anyway, Lucky and Dante totally meet off screen and team up. #Itiscanon 

Oh how much I would love it if the writers realized how much they screwed over DZ, begged him to come back by promising (and fulfilling it) major storylines that don't just prop up Sonny.  then he comes back and tells Lulu that he ran into someone while on the case and have Lucky appear at the door.  And, I might absolutely freak if it turns out Lucky found Nik while working with Dante and brought him back... with the real will that gives him Windemere and all that goes with it and Valentine, the Cassadine who strikes freak in gnats and that's about it, dies. Real death.  Not the kind that people come back from on soaps.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh how much I would love it if the writers realized how much they screwed over DZ, begged him to come back by promising (and fulfilling it) major storylines that don't just prop up Sonny.  then he comes back and tells Lulu that he ran into someone while on the case and have Lucky appear at the door.  And, I might absolutely freak if it turns out Lucky found Nik while working with Dante and brought him back... with the real will that gives him Windemere and all that goes with it and Valentine, the Cassadine who strikes freak in gnats and that's about it, dies. Real death.  Not the kind that people come back from on soaps.

That will happen, if this show is ever dang cancelled.

DZ said they actually tempted him into staying but he decided to stick with leaving.

• Love 3

The last scene with Dante/Lulu was nicely done and touching.  DZ deserved better.  ER deserves better too imo.  Glad he made the choice to leave the absolute shithole GH is BTS.

• Love 3
(edited)

There was a news brief and I did not see why Alexis is still mad at Finn. Is it cuz he acts like a 12 year old around Anna? :) But seriously, can someone clue me in. 

Hard to believe Dante would leave when he knows Mikey is in trouble, but glad the door is open. Don't know if I can handle a recast though. 

here is the news from another forum... maybe it will everyone a reason to rejoice!

Spoiler

GH is having so many people coming and going on the show. Dante's last day is today. Chloe Lanier as Nelle just announced she is leaving GH too. GH is in contract negotiations with both Kelly Monaco and Billy Miller and it is rumored that one or both of them may exit GH as well. It was announced yesterday that Cassandra James is coming to GH as Terry a transgender friend of Liz. It was also announced that a child actor from OLTL who played Sam in coming to GH as well. It has also been announced that Cameron is being aged and the recast has been hired and has been taping already. I was also announced that Lee Meriweather has been hired to play Liz's mother on GH.

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Hard to believe Dante would leave when he knows Mikey is in trouble, but glad the door is open. 

Dante knows Jasus has his back. Plus, Grown Man Michael knows how to use an axe handle and his opponent is Nelle. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Hater said:

he last scene with Dante/Lulu was nicely done and touching.  DZ deserved better.  ER deserves better too imo.  Glad he made the choice to leave the absolute shithole GH is BTS.

I saw on his twitter that he had been in Vancouver and Calgary, I do not know why, but I have hope...…….

He was looking pretty fine in his last scenes and the kiss with Lulu was actually hot,  I have hope.....

As far as GH goes, I have lost all hope, not much reason to stick it out.  I can get my Max Gail fix on Barney Miller reruns  (no MB there!)

• Love 1

The story Dante told Lulu, as to why he's joining the WSB, someone going after her and dumping her in the water, did that actually happen?  Becuase I have no memory of that even if it was supposedly 2 years ago.  Anyone?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The story Dante told Lulu, as to why he's joining the WSB, someone going after her and dumping her in the water, did that actually happen?  Becuase I have no memory of that even if it was supposedly 2 years ago.  Anyone?

I was wondering the exact same thing.  The whole story was unfamiliar to me.

(edited)
On 6/27/2018 at 12:51 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I hope Nell puts Michael through a custody battle and wins.  Ava could testify that while she was pregnant with Avery, Sonny kidnapped her and threatened to kill her before she delivered the placenta.  Michael would have to testify that Sonny was attempting to make good on his threat to kill Ava just minutes after she had Avery and that he showed up just as Sonny was about to pull the trigger.  It would be even better if the awesome southern judge, who sentence Michael to prison, was presiding over the custody case.

The "good" part starts at around 3 minutes.  I think this judge would give Nell or Monica custody to save the child from  horrible influences of Sonny, Carly and Jason.

This is GLORIOUS!  Was the writing regime fired for not making the Corinthi and their enablers out to be saints?  Oh, for the days when sanity reigned on this show.  

Edited by norahs99
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I was wondering the exact same thing.  The whole story was unfamiliar to me.

I think she was tossed overboard of the Haunted Star but I cant remember the bad guy or the story line or why Lulu was dumped to begin with.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Yes. It was about an episode. Happened at the same time Kiki got shot. 

59 minutes ago, Perkie said:

He was the person that Paul was working with to sell all those guns. Raj pushed Lulu off the Haunted Star and when Dante figured it out, he jumped in to save her.

I have been going to the gym more than watching this mess. . Is it me ? I seem to love Nelle. She is screwing Carly. remember when Carly and Sonny pulled pretty much all this with AJ. Down the stairs, using her son to drive her crazy. If it wasn't for Nelle doing this I would be gone again/I came back to see Robert, but he never stays long enough. I do like Anna with Finn. Sorry. Liesel seems like Sonny, Jason Carly. Do what they please break every law < they never pay. Why is Henrik the bad guy, when all he is guilty of is being born. Cassidine gave him to his father. Faison. 

Is Nelle giving the baby to Lucas, remember his history as a baby. Wash ,rinse and repeat. help the imaginations of GH writers are none exisistent .

I get the sadFinn hate, but you've gotta give him props for being snarky to Franco over the hamburger thing. 

I suspect Michael's marrying Nelle to lock in his rights to the baby. But soaps always play fast and lose with what the custody laws are in their fictional setting. Sometimes GH follows real NY law, and sometimes it handwaves these things. (Like I need to tell you guys that.)

(edited)
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, something I thought of today.  Not that I want Serena to be subjected to her SERIAL KILLER half-bro, but given all the pressure he's putting on Liz to invite her sister/family to the wedding, shouldn't that have come up?  Even if it's an off-hand mention that she slammed the phone down the instant she heard his name?

Have the writers even had Franco acknowledge that he has a sister? I don't think I've ever heard him mention Serena before... or the other brothers he has for that matter (Logan and Steve). Just thinking about it... he's about to marry his brother's sister (Elizabaeth and Steve are siblings too). Soaps, lol.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Lucky is in too deep and the WSB realized that only the combined powers of Ducky can save the world

• Love 4
(edited)

Thanks everyone for the reminder of the Paul/Raj/guns/Kiki shot story.  I remember it now, though I still don't remember Lulu in the water and Dante having to rescue her.  

How long did they have to plan DZ's exit?  Because by what they gave us it seems like he walked in on a Monday, said he was leaving, the monkeys wrote 2 paragraphs handed it to him, he played it out and was gone off the lot by 11:15am.  

It appears Chloe Lanier is out

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2018/06/28/chloe-lanier-quits-general-hospital

I'm putting money on "dying in childbirth after confessing all her sins and setting poor widdle Carly free"

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Have the writers even had Franco acknowledge that he has a sister? I don't think I've ever heard him mention Serena before... or the other brothers he has for that matter (Logan and Steve). Just thinking about it... he's about to marry his brother's sister (Elizabaeth and Steve are siblings too). Soaps, lol.

Franco has talked about Steven Lars before, Steven has smartly refused all contact with him and Heather.  And I believe Scotty and Franco talked about Logan once, before Franco's non-wedding to Carly.

It appears Chloe Lanier is out

DZ and CL are two young and competent (and good looking - which does matter in TV) actors that were sacrificed at the alter of the holy trinity.   Wonder how much of SBu's return and the amount of time WASTED on this disgusting violent hitman correlates with the sagging ratings.  I wish one day to read the following: 'It appears Frank Valentin is out' and that day will not come soon enough.  [yes, i understand that this 'holy trinity' didn't begin with FV - but we didn't have poor characters like Franco and Nina scarfing down scarce screen time].

If Kevin gets the bus over this Carly crap I'm gonna be pissed.

I am guessing that Kevin is becoming familiar with some of the nomenclature of the underside of a bus as our hero Jason took two mighty wallops at a punching bag after mentioning Kevin's name. 

Michael would have to testify that Sonny was attempting to make good on his threat to kill Ava just minutes after she had Avery and that he showed up just as Sonny was about to pull the trigger. 

That is never going to happen.  Michael and Sam are oh-so-close to reaching the summit of the holy-trinity (or the depths of the 8th layer of hell) but never quite able to reach it.  What is it about Sonny, Carly, and Jason on the screen that is deemed valuable - other than loyalty (or rather dependency) upon one another?

• Love 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is Raj on the loose?  Last time we saw him, wasn't he in police custody and testifying against Julian in court?  Somebody fill me in.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

dying in childbirth after confessing all her sins and setting poor widdle Carly free"

I'm fine with the first part, but can she please die BEFORE she confesses? 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

DZ and CL are two young and competent (and good looking - which does matter in TV) actors that were sacrificed at the alter of the holy trinity.   Wonder how much of SBu's return and the amount of time WASTED on this disgusting violent hitman correlates with the sagging ratings.  I wish one day to read the following: 'It appears Frank Valentin is out' and that day will not come soon enough.  [yes, i understand that this 'holy trinity' didn't begin with FV - but we didn't have poor characters like Franco and Nina scarfing down scarce screen time].

The thing is, CL has had screen time for her entire run on the show, so did poor, recently deceased Plywood - DZ has been back-burnered since well before SBu came back. This isn't about the Trinity of suck, it's FV and his HWs; these were their priorities. There's a reason Nina and RH's Franco are still around, show is still trying to pretend the lounge singer is formidable and Silas McFinn exists.

DZ still had story when the Trinity of Suck were together, Lucky was back and actual James Franco was on the show. This isn't about them, it's FV.

• Love 1
(edited)

This isn't about them, it's FV.

Granted I just started watching again around 2012 since the '70s through the '80s, and I am primarily perplexed at how much time/story/energy is devoted to and focused on Sonny, Carly, Jason.  Even though CL was given a huge story - it was all about the holy trilogy (until they dragged Chase on this sinking ship).  My comment was more about that GH just lost two attractive (ETA - to a couple of us), youthful, and  competent actors (CL has potential, DZ is proven) who i wouldn't mind tuning in to watch.  FV/RC didn't start this holy trilogy and values the paycheck but jeesh - loyalty to fellow scum shouldn't be the principal that this soap opera hangs its hat upon.  And then there's the ridiculous amount of time that has been afforded to two ridiculous characters - Franco and Nina - two characters that just have not meshed into the show yearS later.  YMMV.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 1