Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I have been wondering if Max knew Anthony Geary back in the day, when AG and Ron Glass were a couple. I guess he wouldn't talk about it in interviews, since AG's personal life is verboten. 

Rock on Auntie Velvet. I congratulate and savor your truth-telling about that loser Anthony Geary, who had so much unofficial pull with the writers and was able to skew the storylines and weaken the show with his crazy plot ideas and prejudices. Was so ironic that he was supposed to be such a lover in the Spencer Supercouple and with other female characters on the show. During his years of influence as a pet the rape theme held great sway with the writers but for female and male actors if you wanted screen time you acted with the dude as much as possible, like with RoHo today.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Poor stupid Sam, who thinks that she and her children will ever have a part of Jason unless its a part Sonny, Carly and Michael don't want.  Or maybe she doesn't care because hijinks with Jason and Spinelli is so much fun.

I was thinking she looked good in that dress too. Poor Sam, forced to wear attractive, colourful clothes instead of the constant black or grey with too long sleeves.

Sam and Jason actually match up well in that Goth Sam is practically a ghoul or ghost in her black plain clothes, greasy black hair, lack of makeup, fading mumbling voice, and extreme low energy, while plate-headed Jason stares and goes into trances or looks like he is hearing voices from another planet to direct his actions. Now that's a supercouple! [/sarcastic irony].

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
(edited)

The Carly/Nelle/staircase thing was a little too blatant to be a nod to history. A nod to history would be Carly walking by the Q staircase, looking at it, and shuddering a little. This was more like giving history a lapdance, with the almost shot-for-shot recreation and the slo-mo tumble of the pregnant woman.  

But I'd be lying if I said I haven't wanted exactly this ever since Nelle's pregnancy was confirmed. I even wished for it in this thread, months ago  That AJ story was brutally unfair, and Carly milked that incident for everything. As others have noted, as the years went by, her and Sonny's telling got more and more hyperbolic. First they said he had caused her to fall down the stairs. Then they revised it to him pushing her down the stairs. Then, when AJ was dating Mike's dead daughter whose name escapes me, Sonny even said AJ had "thrown" Carly down the stairs. Because that's so easy to visualize -- Billy Warlock picking up Sarah Brown and pitching her like a horseshoe.  

I remember one of the biggest Carly fans on the AOL boards in that time, someone who hated AJ, even thinking they had gone too far with the AJ scapegoating and Carly as the innocent victim. She was kind of losing her Carly love in the Tamara Braun days, and she wrote, "At this point, they might as well just reshoot the scene with Billy and Tams and have him intentionally shoving her, for flashbacks. It's obviously the story they're going to tell, even though it wasn't what we all saw." 

So, yeah, I've never gotten over that, and really, that miscarriage was the beginning of the end for the writing playing fair with Carly. Liz had it all wrong in the notorious "You lost a meal ticket" line (which she resorted to when Carly showed up acting like a bullying bitch at Liz's workplace over Carly's usual petty jealousy, but never mind). The sympathy Carly got for the miscarriage was her real "meal ticket."  

However, I am unspoiled, and I could see them playing it a different way this time, having Nelle's baby survive but "I don't want that woman anywhere near me or my child," et cetera.  Maybe we'll get a medically dubious speech from Kim about how the fall has made Nelle's pregnancy more precarious, and it will cause Michael to be more devoted to her. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
(edited)

I’m guessing Nelle loses the baby unbeknownst to everyone and then steals Brad’s baby. Don’t ask me how this is done but putting Brad in Nelle’s orbit was done for a reason. Maybe, Elizabeth Hendrickson is the surrogate mother for Brad & Lucas. She’s about to give birth at GH and then that’s when Nelle makes the switch. Nelle would have to do this on her own because who would help her? Ava? She didn’t like when her baby was stolen so I doubt she’d be apart of it. Of course, Nelle is already blackmailing her already (which is so stupid to begin with) and, she could up the anti.

I do have a baby related question. In real time, when did Hayden leave and how far along was she? Could she be the surrogate? Would her baby be too old for a baby switch/replacement for Nelle’s?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m guessing Nelle loses the baby unbeknownst to everyone and then steals Brad’s baby.

I read on a spoiler page that

Spoiler

The baby may not be Michael's (AI?) and Nelle was going to give($) the baby to Brad and "lose" Michael's baby so they can bond in their grief.  Now she will steal Maxie's baby to fulfill the adoption agreement

I don't know how accurate this spoiler is.  It certainly is nonsensical. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I do have a baby related question. In real time, when did Hayden leave and how far along was she? Could she be the surrogate? Would her baby be too old for a baby switch/replacement for Nelle’s?

Hayden was last seen on screen on September 5, 2017, but if I recall correctly, that was a one-off -- she was shown somewhere far from PC, writing a letter. She actually left town in about the middle of the prior month, amid all the drama involving her ex-husband, Finn and Obrecht.   

She was about six months along when last seen. By the timeline of her pregnancy, she would have given birth in November 2017. Probably there would be no passing the Fayden baby off as a newborn, unless they really took liberties with the timeline.

(edited)

unless they really took liberties with the timeline.

I mean.... does Charlotte still exist? FV does not care about the timeline

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can't remember where I've left my keys, yet Sonny manages to find the exact spot in a field where he buried a body 30-odd years ago?  And my what luxurious grass for being a spot in the middle of nowhere.  I half expected to see Nathan's headstone in the background, since they blew the budget on sod last week.  Have they heard of that artificial grass?  They could re-use it.

Here is the Nelle spoiler.  I can't vouch for accuracy.

Spoiler

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2018/general-hospital-spoilers-nelles-secret-adoption-plan-revealed-maxies-baby-swiped-for-brad/

Oh, and it also says that Carly gets put away for Nelle's fall, and she meets someone (a recast Morgan) with amnesia at the mental hospital.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

What exactly is Sonny so afraid will be found? The skeletal remains of a mobster?  Yawn. Any DNA evidence linking to him will be long gone by now unless he left a pottery card painted "love, Sonny Corinthos"

• Love 3

He's worried about a partial fingerprint on the gun he buried with it.  Even though he said the body was wrapped in a shower curtain when he entered the room.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Hayden was last seen on screen on September 5, 2017, but if I recall correctly, that was a one-off -- she was shown somewhere far from PC, writing a letter. She actually left town in about the middle of the prior month, amid all the drama involving her ex-husband, Finn and Obrecht.   

She was about six months along when last seen. By the timeline of her pregnancy, she would have given birth in November 2017. Probably there would be no passing the Fayden baby off as a newborn, unless they really took liberties with the timeline.

Thanks.

(edited)
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

He's worried about a partial fingerprint on the gun he buried with it.  Even though he said the body was wrapped in a shower curtain when he entered the room.

There's no body anyway—Jason found a only tacky money clip. I suppose this is one of our summer blockbuster stories, as Jason and Sonny try to figure where the body is, who moved it, and why. It's a race against Mike inadvertently spilling the beans to someone in law enforcement who might actually think to do something about it.

Wow, just typing that out bored me.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

OH NO WILL SONNY GO TO PRISON AND WEAR A SWEATSHIRT AND SHOOT THE SHIT WITH HIS FELLOW CRIMINALS, AND BE PARDONED A MONTH LATER? TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!

Sorry for the caps. Sometimes you just got to.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no body anyway—Jason found a only tacky money clip.

The gun and body are missing now.  But I was referring to the guy already being dead and wrapped in a shower curtain when Sonny was called in to get rid of him.  So it seems stupid that a.)the gun would be there with the body to be disposed of, and b.) that he would get his fingerprints on said gun.  Young, foolish, whatever.  Anyway, how it was originally written, all he was guilty of was dumping a body.  Now they are saying that Sonny pulled the trigger.

And whoever has the body and gun has leverage over Sonny. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no body anyway—Jason found a only tacky money clip. I suppose this is one of our summer blockbuster stories, as Jason and Sonny try to figure where the body is, who moved it, and why. It's a race against Mike inadvertently spilling the beans to someone in law enforcement who might actually think to do something about it.

Wow, just typing that out bored me.

Ha to the bolded.

Seriously, who is going to believe an old man with Alzheimers about something that  happened 20? 30? years ago. (Have been FF this stupid storyline so I may not have the details) but FFS does anyone other than the little moobster really give a shit about a murder he did didn't did? commit a million years ago?? I know I don't. Oh wait...maybe Jason cares.

Honestly, I am so sick of this trio of hypocritical lying narcissists & my FF button can attest to this.

These writers are reaching for some kind of story to make Sonny relevant in a story line that should be about Mike's illness...not a gangster's worries about "ooooh, something bad" he did years ago. Hell, take your pick of things we might care about....maybe something like SHOOTING AJ!!?? (Still love to see him roast for that one...but since that SLS Michael has forgiven him then so should we all, right?)

This show.

Edited by RedRockRosie
Forgot to mention Carly in this trio from Hypocriticalville.
  • Love 6

So... everyone raise a hand if you are ready for Bobby to tragically succumb to a really devastating case of shingles that is deadly, but quick.

And Lucy could be injured in an accident that destroys her memory of the Nurses Ball and damages her voice box so she can't reach that high pitch anymore.  I do like her though, so she lives.

• Love 6

Well, there’s no statute of limitations on murder. But we know nothing will come of this. It’s a big reason these stories are pointless: If  Sonny is involved, the punishment will be minimal.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think Sonny's paranoia and frantic efforts to remove or protect the burial will undo him in the end. Others' attention will be drawn to it and get him into trouble.

Just keep Jason busy with him and miles away from Sam!

• Love 6

There's no statue of limitations on murder but they wouldn't be able to prove that Sonny murdered the guy, only that he handled the gun at some point. The rest wouldn't pass reasonable doubt. It's so pointless.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate this whole thing the body Sonny buried ten gazillion years ago with a passion.  Because like ulkis said, it's not like anything is going to come of it.  Sonny's not going to lose any power or go to jail or anything so what is the point.

And count on "General Hospital" to stumble into an effectively soapy, medical-based storyline with Mike's Alzheimer's and muck it up by shoving mob shit into it.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, ciarra said:

Here is the Nelle spoiler.  I can't vouch for accuracy.

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2018/general-hospital-spoilers-nelles-secret-adoption-plan-revealed-maxies-baby-swiped-for-brad/

Oh, and it also says that Carly gets put away for Nelle's fall, and she meets someone (a recast Morgan) with amnesia at the mental hospital.

That site is very unreliable.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And count on "General Hospital" to stumble into an effectively soapy, medical-based storyline with Mike's Alzheimer's and muck it up by shoving mob shit into it.

Mike should be remembering something about his life with Adela that Sonny never knew. If this story has to be all about Sonny anyway, make more interesting than some dumb mob thing that he'll never be held responsible for.

• Love 4
On 5/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, Linny said:

Sam and her multiple divorces have to constitute about 50% of Alexis' business by now, right? It's disappointing that her marriage to Drew is so disposable to her.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Instead, they've just made Sam act like she has split personalities or something. 

On 5/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

All this storyline has done is show that Sam is fickle AF.

Even a weather-vane is more consistent than Sam. 

On 5/2/2018 at 5:58 PM, Veronica889 said:

To me it's just making Sam seem like a very cruel selfish person who cares nothing about much of anything as long as it's Jason's name she is attached to.

I see Jason is working his usual magic of turning any woman who gets involved with him into a frivolous whore.

Sam is getting the full Liz treatment.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Mike should be remembering something about his life with Adela that Sonny never knew. If this story has to be all about Sonny anyway, make more interesting than some dumb mob thing that he'll never be held responsible for.

I was much more interested in this story when Mike was confusing Sonny by remembering stuff that he wasn't around for in Sonny's childhood, like the game with his friend every Thursday.  Like, it seemed like they were leading to Mike revealing that he wasn't gone, but Adela wouldn't let him around Sonny at the time, so he watched from a distance.  Layers y'all!!

Even the memory of the field started ok, in that same vein of Mike being in the background of Sonny's life, but thinking he would hurt his son if he was visible.  And maybe they're still going there, since Sonny is kind of diverted from his "how the hell do you know about that stuff" question by idiotic logistics of covering his crimes.  Maybe Mike moved the body the minute those assholes drove away in order to protect Sonny.  But, until they circle back around, I give zero fucks.

And on another note, I'm totally not here for Dante being a dick.  I don't care that he's all sad about Nathan and his partner is giving him advice about his job (which he sucks at most of the time lately anyway( that he doesn't want to hear.  No.  Not an excuse for being a douche bag. 

You were the good son!!!  BAD DANTE.  I can't believe you made me FF you!

Edited by ouinason
adding a point, instead of posting again.
  • Love 8

Dante was totally a douche, but it amused me. I saw it as him busting Chase's balls, so to speak. Most people on this show are either plaster saints or crazy so it was fun/nice to see a guy acting like a regular guy. Besides, I'm sure Chase will have his revenge.

• Love 6

I get no enjoyment out of anything Nelle/Carly-related because it's so irritating that GH will never allow Carly to just fucking acknowledge, once and for all, that she manipulated Jason with Michael. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

know Olivia is a Q now but is there a reason besides her last name that she was at the baby shower? Has she ever met Nelle? 

Olivia has embraced the Q mantra and Nelle's baby is a biological Quartermain, and will be Olivia's husband's cousin's grandchild (had to think for five minutes on that one!!!)

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/12/2018 at 10:32 PM, dubbel zout said:

Mike inadvertently spilling the beans to someone in law enforcement who might actually think to do something about it

As long aa it isn’t Dante and is someone outside of the PCPD.otherwise, yeah not so much.

Edited by Sake614
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

As long aa it isn’t Dante and is someone outside of the PCPD.otherwise, yeah not so much.

Actually, if Dante actually decided to put law and order in front of his family and actually do something about it, that would be interesting.

• Love 3

If Dante can lie under oath about his father shooting him in the chest, I don't see the show ever writing him as deciding to be on the law's side one and for all. We're stuck with him reluctantly arresting family members, I'm afraid, and then begging off because of a conflict of interest.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I get no enjoyment out of anything Nelle/Carly-related because it's so irritating that GH will never allow Carly to just fucking acknowledge, once and for all, that she manipulated Jason with Michael. 

Yeah, that'll never happen, as the show is too committed to that bullshit canon about Carly ~giving Jason the gift of Baby Michael.

Also, I'd get at least some enjoyment out of this if there was going to be any payoff that didn't involve Carly coming out the victor with no lasting consequences.  Hell, the town will probably throw her a parade for coming out on top of Evil!Nelle.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, ciarra said:

I read on a spoiler page that

Reveal hidden contents

The baby may not be Michael's (AI?) and Nelle was going to give($) the baby to Brad and "lose" Michael's baby so they can bond in their grief.  Now she will steal Maxie's baby to fulfill the adoption agreement

I don't know how accurate this spoiler is.  It certainly is nonsensical. 

I'm calling that, with

Spoiler

all the "ticks" and the "tocks" possible of the women currently pregnant, I think Nelle's Bun in the Over will be Schrodinger's Baby. Plus, it's a soapy soap staple.

10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I know Olivia is a Q now but is there a reason besides her last name that she was at the baby shower? Has she ever met Nelle? 

She used to live there?  She's besties with Carly?   She has taken over the responsibility of All Things Quartermain?

I suspect the real reason is to provide filler  during shower with her games while we waited for big confrontation.

• Love 1
(edited)

They don't even copy any actual spoilers though. They just post blatant made up crap.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:16 AM, dubbel zout said:

If Dante can lie under oath about his father shooting him in the chest, I don't see the show ever writing him as deciding to be on the law's side one and for all. We're stuck with him reluctantly arresting family members, I'm afraid, and then begging off because of a conflict of interest.

If the character is written out, that's when they would write that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Not that I don't love Carly, Sonny, and the rest of the Corinthos clan getting even a little bit of comeuppance or repercussions for how they treat people, but why is everyone in this damn town so stupid? No one has thought even once that a woman that hated Carly enough to drug her husband and manipulated him into thinking they slept together would be behind that stupid penguin mobile and the Morgan "hauntings" and even misleading everyone about what happened on the staircase?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What happened to the baby blanket Nellie was holding at the top of the stairs? It flew off when she fell and has now disappeared?

I'm guessing Ava took it when she went up to check on Leo and Avery when the ambulance arrived.  

• Love 5

I don't know why the show continues to force Anna into these awkward run-ins with Alexis and Finn. Absolutely nothing changes between them, ever, so why do we keep getting these weird interactions? It's like they're unwilling to drop this shoddy triangle but don't want to invest the energy into supporting it either.

What a fucking creepy bonding session between Peter and Valentin. I really despise this characterization of Valentin as this all-knowing mastermind who has a hand in everyone else's secrets. Almost 42 years of him watching over Henrik while Anna remained oblivious? It's insultingly ludicrous.

It's SO obnoxious that Olivia tried her damnedest to avoid telling the truth about Carly's outrageous behavior at the shower, but I loved that when she finally relented she began, as all things must, by talking about Morgan's death. Chase's deadpan "yes, I'm aware," reply was so perfect, like the unspoken end of that sentence was "it's hard to miss the billboard when you drive into town." 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

I really despise this characterization of Valentin as this all-knowing mastermind who has a hand in everyone else's secrets.

Obviously he was one of Johnny's guys that we never saw. Or they trained him. There has to be some sort of connection.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

I don't know why the show continues to force Anna into these awkward run-ins with Alexis and Finn.

What's weird is that, to my eye, there's no heat whatsoever between Anna and Finn yet tons of it between Alexis and Finn.  Whoever's writing needs to sit down and watch an episode and go,  "oh, we need to end Fanna right now and just go with Falexis".  Though maybe that will ruin.  Maybe what makes Alexis and Finn so good is that there is no pressure to be a thing, they're just friends wtih benefits and both are cool with that.  

• Love 7

I think Anna and Finn had some chemistry at the beginning, but somewhere along the line it fizzled out. (I still mourn what Anna and McBain could have been together, but never mind.) I hope Alexis and Finn stay FWB, but this is a soap, so something's going to give eventually. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

What a fucking creepy bonding session between Peter and Valentin. I really despise this characterization of Valentin as this all-knowing mastermind who has a hand in everyone else's secrets. Almost 42 years of him watching over Henrik while Anna remained oblivious? It's insultingly ludicrous.

It's simply too much and it shows that he has a pattern which I'm sure isn't what the show is going for. Over forty years of Valentin kept watch over Heinrich after somehow being there when Anna gave birth to him (so Peter is older than Robin. Sure) ON TOP of eight years ago, he took the embryo created from him and Lulu and raised that child for years while Lulu knew nothing? What will be next? Valentin knows where Nina's alive-secret-coma baby is? Valentin knows Avery's true paternity? Maybe Valentin will know that Michael isn't Nelle's baby's father!

• Love 5