Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Funny moment when Nelle imitated MW yesterday. I'm pretty sure CL improv'ed that because it seemed like MW was holding back a laugh, since she paused for a moment when it happened.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

Wow, yesterday a OLTL joke (the tickets Jason gave Jake) and today one from AMC (Maxie not being afraid of Erica Kane). 

Is Olivia sitting in on the meeting between Ned and Alexis just to make snotty comments? Ugh. And hey, Olivia: You were entirely gung-ho about the breast-feeding lawsuit, so STFU about that.

Jason: "You think you know me?"

Drew: "I was you. And probably a better you. And Sam was happy." Reader, I cheered.

Anna, stop encouraging Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter.

I loved Valentin's "WT everlasting F?" face when he eavesdropped on Maxie and Nina saying what a good guy Peter was.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Drew to Jason  "I was a better you."

Me "You still are."  That's pure torture, having to live with Jason's memories.

Otherwise, boring. Why does Olivia have to be made so awful? JPS made cry face. Maxie, Lula and Nina did stuff. Sam continues to be pointless.

I loved when BM said that.  Not sure if the writers intended that since SBu seems to be so beloved,   but that little exchange made me smile with such glee!

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That exchange really sounded like the writers snarking at the SBu stans.

Well I guess they had to even it out since they've been stealing lines from his stans in the Sam "suffocation" arc. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Drew: "I was you. And probably a better you. And Sam was happy." Reader, I cheered.

Cut to Jason's usual blank expression.  Hey, you can't say SBu didn't earn the Borg nickname.

Anna, stop encouraging Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter.

Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter, continues to be insipid.  I need there to be some sort of payoff where something happens to her because of her stupid pursuit of the Pulitzer she's dreaming of.

I loved Valentin's "WT everlasting F?" face when he eavesdropped on Maxie and Nina saying what a good guy Peter was.

The only thing better would've been if he had been drinking a cup of coffee and did a spit-take.

• Love 7
(edited)

Drew: "I was you. And probably a better you."

No. He wasn't. BM is a very good Drew, and I'm glad he's being given the opportunity to do something else - but he was not good at playing Jason.

And Sam was happy.

This was true though

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter, continues to be insipid.  I need there to be some sort of payoff where something happens to her because of her stupid pursuit of the Pulitzer she's dreaming of.

I don't really care about her being a journalist either way but I'm not a fan of them finally giving something Lulu outside of baby rabies so she can be punished for having some ambition. I think what Lulu needs is another reporter. She looks dumb (well one of the many reasons) doing it by herself. It's the same as Anna being a lone WSB agent. It's much better when she has Robert to play off of instead of talking on the phone in a one-sided conversation.

Actually what I'd prefer is Lulu just go back solely to owning the Haunted Star and if they want to introduce some conflict via her job, have Lulu let some shady dealings go on in the backrooms or something.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The only thing better would've been if he had been drinking a cup of coffee and did a spit-take.

I did a spit take when they brought back the stutter. Really, still with that? (Nothing wrong with stuttering in general, but using it as some sort of weird way to emphasize Valentin's gothic love for Anna makes me cringe with embarrassment.)

I was expecting Drew to launch into "One Song Glory" in that outfit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm doing a Monday/Tuesday double-header right now. I love Temp Monica. She's right for it physically and she actually looks as though she did some rudimentary brushing up on how Leslie Charleson plays her. She's comfortable in Monica Q's skin and is giving a real performance. So I accept her as the character much more than I could accept Big-Forehead DOOL Belle as the temp Elizabeth, or that guy who finished out Nikolas's story and looked more like an AJ. With those and some other temps, it's not that they were bad actors, but they seemed like completely new characters.  

Anyone remember Susan Diol as Alexis during the Sexis story? She really seemed to know what to aim for and to try hard, at least, but her attempt at the NLG neurosis was very broad. I think if she had inherited the role permanently, Alexis would have become more of a comedic character. (Okay, sometimes actual Alexis becomes a comedic character, e.g., Dobson, but it's better not to think about it.) 

Just about every woman on this show gets the "good mom" lip service (except Ava, of course, because she's evil), but Elizabeth really was being a good mom in those scenes with Jake and Jason.  She kept trying to bridge the conversational gaps between them.  

Edit: This backstory of Valentin being involved with Faison, watching out for lil' LWB all through his childhood and even going to his school plays, just isn't working for me. The actors are only nine years apart in age, and they look it. Was Valentin doing this super-secret consulting work for Faison when he was a teenaged hunchback?  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8

Drew to Jason  "I was a better you."

It was marvelous that not only that the FV/writers gave us that crumb but that BM was able to hit that noisy punching bag ball for emphasis at just the right times.  It came across like the actor really wanted to punch SBu instead of Jason.

And Sam was happy.

SaD induced hypersomnolence.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

It was marvelous that not only that the FV/writers gave us that crumb but that BM was able to hit that noisy punching bag ball for emphasis at just the right times.  It came across like the actor really wanted to punch SBu instead of Jason.

Which would not surprise me if it were the case.....

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

No. He wasn't. BM is a very good Drew, and I'm glad he's being given the opportunity to do something else - but he was not good at playing Jason.

I don't think the comment had to do with who played Jason better, rather that when Drew thought he was Jason, he decided to put his family first, which I think does make him a better Jason.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Olivia's video was embarrassing.  It had that home-made look about it, and she looked like a game show presenter. 

I couldn't tell if the arm presenting was the actress or the character? It came off funny like Olivia didn't know what to do but then I then I thought it was LL thinking that is how it should be done. It was very Vanna White but I don't know if it was to be a joke or Olivia was serious?!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think the comment had to do with who played Jason better, rather that when Drew thought he was Jason, he decided to put his family first, which I think does make him a better Jason.

It’s not even close. What an infuriating exchange that was. I just wanted Drew to punch him in the throat the entire time.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

It sounded like meta-commentary intended to suck up to FV, or placate the fans who wanted BM to be Jason. 

Putting family first meant he was a better person - Taylor Swift, high fives, clown noses and general aimlessness argue against him being a better Jason.  Both the writing and acting choices meant that he wasn't a very good recast - but I don't think FV is good at casting. He's good at cheap.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Taylor Swift, high fives, clown noses and general aimlessness argue against him being a better Jason.

I guess it depends on what you want from the character of Jason.  I know many of his fans are thrilled that he is back to saving the day for Sonny and Carly and blinking emotionlessly at everyone else.  My personal view is that I loathe that Jason.  I thought given yet another brain injury when Ava hit him with the car, there was opportunity to explain the personality differences - if one accident took away his emotions, I could accept that another accident gave them back.  I liked the fact that "Jason" was being kinder to his Q family and without turning on Sonny and Carly, he distanced himself from the business.  I thought those were positive changes for the character of Jason.  I understand BM's version of Jason was very different from SB's version, but in my opinion, it was a better Jason; it was certainly one I enjoyed more because I didn't like the other version.

For fans who want the Stone Cold Borg version of Jason, I can see how BM's version would have been very unsatisfying.

• Love 12
(edited)

I agree with you Mrs. Stanwyck.  I was so tired of the character of Jason that 1) I was glad when he left and 2) if they insisted on replacing him I wanted a different Jason.  Not completely unrecognizable but at least one that would evolve.

Now I have accepted BM as Drew and looking forward to the development of this character.

Much as I had gotten sick of SBu’s Jason I was happy when he came back and thoroughly enjoyed his interaction with Ava.  But ever since he reconnected with Carly and Sonny it’s like we’re back to 1998 with absolutely no growth whatsoever.

I’d like the end game to be Drew as a much more complex character either with Sam or  not and Jason somehow out of S&C’s orbit and the brothers actually bonding.

Edited by Jenxee
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

For fans who want the Stone Cold Borg version of Jason, I can see how BM's version would have been very unsatisfying.

I didn't want either version of Jason. However, as someone who didn't like Jason before he got dunked the new casual how's it hanging Jason who popped up felt very unearned, imo. Not to mention him popping up ten years younger and throwing off the dynamics of his relationships.

And with SB back as Jason, someone besides Franco (and it meant nothing coming from him imo) is calling him out on his flaws.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, yesterday a OLTL joke (the tickets Jason gave Jake) and today one from AMC (Maxie not being afraid of Erica Kane).

Maxie shouldn't take Erica Kane's name in vain like that, Erica Kane would eat her for lunch.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Olivia sitting in on the meeting between Ned and Alexis just to make snotty comments? Ugh. And hey, Olivia: You were entirely gung-ho about the breast-feeding lawsuit, so STFU about that.

"I'm gonna sue the city back to the Stone Age!!!1!" isn't as funny when you live in a cave.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna, Show, stop encouraging Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter.

Fixed that for you.

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Anyone remember Susan Diol as Alexis during the Sexis story?

Ooo! Ooo! Me!

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is it worth looking for the missing chunk of today's episode?

We FF'd and fanwanked that the new Custody Arrangement with Avery was a very bad, horrible deal, that Ava was the worst human being ever, and that there was a new agreement imposed that not only gave Full Custody of Avery to Sonny and "her mother, Carly", but also gave custody of Kiki to them, as well as Leo, Scout, Charlotte, and whoever Brad and Lucas were adopting.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I did a spit take when they brought back the stutter. Really, still with that? (Nothing wrong with stuttering in general, but using it as some sort of weird way to emphasize Valentin's gothic love for Anna makes me cringe with embarrassment.)

Oh, god, ME TOO. Poor JPS. 

LWB/FS had a pretty good Whaaat? face when Valentin started stuttering. He's not in the YoungCam/BH league yet, but it was acceptable.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't really care about her being a journalist either way but I'm not a fan of them finally giving something Lulu outside of baby rabies so she can be punished for having some ambition. I think what Lulu needs is another reporter. She looks dumb (well one of the many reasons) doing it by herself. It's the same as Anna being a lone WSB agent. It's much better when she has Robert to play off of instead of talking on the phone in a one-sided conversation.

Actually what I'd prefer is Lulu just go back solely to owning the Haunted Star and if they want to introduce some conflict via her job, have Lulu let some shady dealings go on in the backrooms or something.

Do you think she's being punished for having ambition? My biggest gripe with the Girl Reporter is the near total lack of foundation. Lulu went from a kindergarten-lunch exposé (however well-meaning) to hunting down an international criminal. That's absurd, even for a soap. If she'd had another reporter (as you suggest) decide not to follow the story and Lulu takes it on, at least that would make a tiny bit more sense.

I wonder if the HS stuff is done. Is that set too expensive or something? Did Julian's gastropub take its place?

• Love 6

"I was probably a better you....because I like to have TV sex with my shirt off and I want to work with Kelly Monaco and I rolled my eyes at the character of Liz!" 

So meta!

• Love 2
(edited)

All this talk of the Girl Reporter reminds me that I'm irritated we never see Lulu's editor. She just goes over his/her head to Peter. I get it for anvil reasons, but were I the editor, Lulu'd be fired at this point for completely ignoring my directions. Lulu working on her own makes more sense than her continued employment by Aurora. At least her idiocy and incompetency would be reasonable.

Edited by dubbel zout
antecedent issue; more thoughts
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Do you think she's being punished for having ambition?

Not right now, but I was replying to (what seemed to me) the notion of it.

I wonder if the HS stuff is done. Is that set too expensive or something? Did Julian's gastropub take its place?

I don't know. Everytime I think it's never gonna show up again it pops up.

• Love 1

The HS is used more as a plot point (that dumb bomb stuff, the NYE kiss) than an actual destination à la Kellys.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do think the show has a basically negative view of working women, which is unacceptable. But it also fits in with the basically negative view of women in general GH seems to have.

• Love 3

Last week, there was a mention of Enchantment Cosmetics, yesterday it was Erica Kane. Dare I dream? A Nurses' Ball sponsor?

Also, it seems to me that Charlie's has replaced the victim-of-earthquake Floating Rib. Whatever will Mac do now?

• Love 2

No, that's not what I was implying at all.  What I said, and what I've consistently said throughout this absurd story for Lulu, is that she acts like being a journalist is some God-given right for her and she should just be rewarded without putting in any actual dues.  Like when she went over her editor's head to Peter because how dare her boss want her brand-new employee (who probably should be an unpaid intern if she truly wanted to learn the ropes) to do a story Lulu deemed beneath her.  Her smug "I earned this" attitude is why she needs to a wake-up call.

• Love 11
(edited)
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do think the show has a basically negative view of working women, which is unacceptable. But it also fits in with the basically negative view of women in general GH seems to have.

The view of working women and women in general actually seems to be worse under FV than it was with JFP/FRONSPRAGUZA. They're dumber, they've surrendered any type of career ambition and if they have a job, they're either ludicrously underqualified, not actually working, crappy at the job, or some horrible combo.

Lulu was impulsive and she could be selfish, but she wasn't stupid.  They've finally released her from baby rabies jail and she's now this Lucy Ricardo version of a reporter. 

It's gross.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

The view of working women and women in general actually seems to be worse under FV than it was with JFP/FRONSPRAGUZA.

I don't know about that. Misogyny has been pretty strong on GH for at least the past two decades. I think the terrible writing has made it more obvious. 

• Love 1

I kind of wish Josselyn was able to get Oscar's article into the paper and have people think he is more talented than Lulu. He has the exact type of experience as Lulu: none. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Hater said:

Which would not surprise me if it were the case.....

Personally, I think Billy Miller should be a huge fan of Steve Burton coming back. If you think about it, that might be the best thing for his career.  I mean, now he gets to play someone who actually has emotions and seeing him play against SB really shows who the better actor is.  Only down side for BM, I think, is that he has to see Kelly playing kissy kissy with SB instead of BM.

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I couldn't tell if the arm presenting was the actress or the character? It came off funny like Olivia didn't know what to do but then I then I thought it was LL thinking that is how it should be done. It was very Vanna White but I don't know if it was to be a joke or Olivia was serious?!

Have you seen First Wives Club?  Olivia reminded me of Sarah Jessica Parker in that scene where she is shooting a commercial for Morty's Electronics. She is pretending to shop in an evening gown (as one does) and gets stopped by Morty.  She then  waves her arms awkwardly saying, "I am in the market for a low quality, top cost appliance."  Then they have to yell cut because she is a moron and got the quality and cost mixed up.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, god, ME TOO. Poor JPS. 

LWB/FS had a pretty good Whaaat? face when Valentin started stuttering. He's not in the YoungCam/BH league yet, but it was acceptable.

Do you think she's being punished for having ambition? My biggest gripe with the Girl Reporter is the near total lack of foundation. Lulu went from a kindergarten-lunch exposé (however well-meaning) to hunting down an international criminal. That's absurd, even for a soap. If she'd had another reporter (as you suggest) decide not to follow the story and Lulu takes it on, at least that would make a tiny bit more sense.

I agree.  I get where Maxie is coming from when she talks about how Lulu is running around playing reporter.  With Kiki, just for an example, we saw her start working at the hospital as a way to learn more about Morgan's illness.  From there, she really became interested in medicine, got into an accelerated program, is now in medical school and shadowing a doctor.  She didn't all of the sudden decide she wanted to be a doctor and start following them on rounds.  There was a build to it.  Lulu decided one day to be a reporter and *BAM* Lulu Falconary: Girl Reporter.  Have her take some classes.  Have her talk about some stuff she saw on 2020 that horrified her to do some research on her own.  Or, better yet, drop this reporter storyline and have her go back to work at The Haunted Star.  Or, gasp! You could have one person on television who is a simple stay-at-home-mom who is completely fulfilled by that. But, the way they did this storyline leaves me annoyed.

• Love 4

I'm such a fan of Kim, she's endearingly relatable. Her vulnerabilities over sharing Oscar with Drew and fostering their relationship without losing her son's unique point of view felt so down-to-earth in a way this show seldom is.

Sorry, Lucas, but "we're not going to jinx anything" is a kiss of death. Ain't no way GH is juggling three babies born around the same time without one or more of them winding up in the wrong hands or otherwise in peril. Since Maxie's baby is presumably pretty much untouchable (it'd be too cruel to rob her of both her husband and her baby) something's got to happen to the other two. Place your bets now for one or more of the moms going into labor during the Nurses' Ball.

It's interesting to me that Drew is now finally willing to fight to reclaim his memories. That bit about "roadblocks" preventing him from making any moves prior to now felt like awfully loaded language. Obviously the practicality of getting his memories back is a major roadblock, but I have to think that his relationship with Sam was a roadblock, too. There's surely a part of him that feared her feelings would change once Drew was completely differentiated from Jason. Now that he's split from Sam that's no longer a concern, and maybe it won't be just Sam using the breakup to find herself, but Drew will also be afforded the opportunity to regain his identity.

• Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Personally, I think Billy Miller should be a huge fan of Steve Burton coming back. If you think about it, that might be the best thing for his career.  I mean, now he gets to play someone who actually has emotions and seeing him play against SB really shows who the better actor is.  Only down side for BM, I think, is that he has to see Kelly playing kissy kissy with SB instead of BM.

I think BM is definitely happier playing Drew but personalties wise, yeah there's a major clash there. 

The best thing for his career would have been to leave soaps awhile ago, now he's stuck which he never wanted in the first place but rarely does one make it to PT anyway.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Linny said:

Since Maxie's baby is presumably pretty much untouchable (it'd be too cruel to rob her of both her husband and her baby) something's got to happen to the other two.

This is a soap. I don't think Maxie will lose her baby permanently, but I can't imagine it won't be a part of the shenanigans for at least a little while

8 minutes ago, Hater said:

The best thing for his career would have been to leave soaps awhile ago, now he's stuck which he never wanted in the first place but no one ever rarely is able to make it to primetime.

There's so much content out there I think he could find something else, but maybe at this point he wants the steady (relatively speaking) work/paycheck. 

• Love 2

Ava should just come clean to Griffin, let him get all self-righteous about the DNA test and dump Nelle's ass. Why would Ava let herself be dragged down like that is so beyond me. Taking a picture of a DNA test with no names on it doesn't even register on the scale of bad things that she's done. That's like amateur hour for her.

• Love 13
(edited)
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know about that. Misogyny has been pretty strong on GH for at least the past two decades. I think the terrible writing has made it more obvious. 

I dunno. Guza created female characters with careers and he wrote women who cared passionately about those careers. Kate, Alexis, Maxie, Liz - and even the women who were in the SaSon vortex Sam, Carly, SWSNBN understood the importance of having some kind of work. Alexis got crapped on, but she got good story-lines too, and nobody ever questioned that she was good at what she did. Now, she's a former drunk who spends most of her time obsessing about the Ex that tried to murder her and drafting divorce papers for Sam's various marriages. Maxie and Lulu have both lost about 20 IQ points each and they spend most of their time obsessing about babies and/or relationships. The audience fussed for months before RC had Maxie mention, in passing, that she was doing event-planning. Now, she's an apathetic, part-time second banana to Neens at a company that she ran single-highhandedly while her boss was sealing with DID. Speaking of which, Kate went from an accomplished self-made boss - to a sloppy mess of a rape victim. Sam.... I don't even know.

That event-planning thing for Maxie and all of the writing for Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter feels like a gross little pat on the head - giving the silly little woman something to do other than constantly howl about baybeeez. And Lulu, if written well, could probably be convincing as a reporter, and it could give Dante/Lulu some non-baby conflict without either one being out of character. They just didn't care enough to do for Lulu Spencer Falconeri what they did for frikkin Kiki.

Most of the male characters are defined by the job that they do, and quite a bit of their story stems from that - that can't be said for most (any?)* of the female characters.

TBF, they might just be terrible at that aspect of writing. Most of the characters that were introduced/recast under FV (male and female) have this issue. But it irritates me that they've so thoroughly stripped the women of this aspect of their characters and replaced it with trash.

* I guess, Kiki - but I still don't care about her.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I dunno. Guza created female characters with careers and he wrote women who cared passionately about those careers. Kate, Alexis, Maxie, Liz - and even the women who were in the SaSon vortex Sam, Carly, SWSNBN understood the importance of having some kind of work.

What work has that SHEBEAST ever done? Except for the hot minute she was a student nurse? physical therapist? All her money/status came from who she married--Mooby, she got the power. From Jax, she got the money, status and hotels. Bitch barely worked when she strolled into town with the idea of wreaking vengeance on her birth mother for giving her up for adoption! Oh, the HORROR! She had a good life and a mother who loved her. Now all she does is strut around the hotel, violating guests' rights and waltzing right in to their rooms because she fucking feels she has the right.

• Love 4

Kate got dinged—constantly—for having the audacity to want to go to college and do something besides get married and have babies, Alexis got stuck with that atrocious Dobson story. She also got lung cancer for two months and was called an unfit mother because of it. 

The writing for women has gone steadily downhill, definitely, but the Guza era wasn't exactly enlightened.

• Love 3
(edited)

Carly has made sporadic attempts. The TB!Carly put quite a bit of effort into her nightclub (before Sonny turned it into a crime scene) and running Deception was really important to SJB!Carly.

I agree that she's never earned/worked for a job, aside from the PT training when SJB started, but she did seem to recognize the value of having something of her own.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The writing for women has gone steadily downhill, definitely, but the Guza era wasn't exactly enlightened.

Guza was bad and it was irritating. What surprised me about FV/RCJELLYCVW was how much worse it could get.

Re: Kate - I didn't mind the petty potshots from Olivia and jealousy from Carly because it was offset by an excellent professional reputation that was repeatedly ackowledged  inshow and hero-worship from  Maxie, who was interested, passionate and competent. That's miles better to me than a retcon that attributed all of Kate's success to a rape-induced alter, especially since the alter despised Kate more than Olivia and Carly combined.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I have been loving Kirsten Storms' performance since Nathan was shot.  Maxie has been going thru so much grief and Kirsten is hitting all the right notes.  Maxie is doing her best to move forward with her life for because of her's and Nathan's baby, but underneath that brave exterior we can see and FEEL that she is dying inside.  Even though she will soon learn the truth about Peter and this will once again tear apart her world, their friendship and her leaning on him makes sense.  He is someone who (as she believes) has no connection to Nathan and because of this he is the one person who she feels she does not need to pretend that she is doing okay.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What work has that SHEBEAST ever done? Except for the hot minute she was a student nurse? physical therapist? All her money/status came from who she married--Mooby, she got the power. From Jax, she got the money, status and hotels. Bitch barely worked when she strolled into town with the idea of wreaking vengeance on her birth mother for giving her up for adoption!

Carly's jobs have always been running businesses that a husband or male significant other lined up for her. There was that story in which Carly and Laura had Deception Cosmetics. It was Laura's idea, but Sonny made working with his wife a prerequisite of his providing the financing. The women had equal shares, and when they were deadlocked on something, he would be the deciding vote.  Then Carly had a couple of nightclubs in the Tamara Braun years, the one she co-owned with Jax until he found out she was embezzling (Club 101) and a second one, The Cellar. The Cellar was shut down when the Jennifer Bransford Carly went into Shadybrook. When the character was released, there was a scene in which she said she had lost interest in it. 

That led, of course, to her "queen of Metro Court" period, which was another example of Jax's largesse.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Or, gasp! You could have one person on television who is a simple stay-at-home-mom who is completely fulfilled by that.

Yeah, although I don't think Lulu would be that person, although wanting to write prize-winning articles doesn't quite seem quite like something she'd want to do either. That's why I thought the Star was a good fit for her. Either that or she should have been head-of-Crimson-Maxie's second-in-command.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was always for Lulu being an adventurous journalist well before the show went there. It's the execution that is pretty awful. Nobody's hangin' out on that boat! All she did when she was there was wait for people to book the room or for Dante or Stavros to put another baby inside her.

When did Carly embezzle from (the awful) Club 101?? I missed that plot point. I didn't mind The Cellar despite its labored backstory and (yes, this happened) silent movie flashback episode. But assuming the throne at the Metro Court seemed like a natural progression for Carly when she evolved into Laura Wright.

Also: Hi

13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Anyone remember Susan Diol as Alexis during the Sexis story? She really seemed to know what to aim for and to try hard, at least, but her attempt at the NLG neurosis was very broad. I think if she had inherited the role permanently, Alexis would have become more of a comedic character. (Okay, sometimes actual Alexis becomes a comedic character, e.g., Dobson, but it's better not to think about it.) 

I may be insane but IIRC, Susan Diol actually came back for a day as part of Alexis' troubled vision of herself in a vicious episode Guza penned when he first returned, savaging JFP and Megan McTavish's ditzy, Sonny-obsessed version of Alexis (which Diol had taken a substantial part in). I thought it was very smart, pointed and meta at the time.

Shortly afterwards, of course, Guza tore Alexis down himself starting with Dobson.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ava should just come clean to Griffin, let him get all self-righteous about the DNA test and dump Nelle's ass. Why would Ava let herself be dragged down like that is so beyond me. Taking a picture of a DNA test with no names on it doesn't even register on the scale of bad things that she's done. That's like amateur hour for her.

It's ridiculous. Some lame schemer like Nelle should not ever have the upper hand on Ava. 

I really liked the dress Carly was wearing.

I enjoyed Josslyn reminding Carly that Nelle gave Joss her kidney. The look on Carly's face was priceless.

5 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I was always for Lulu being an adventurous journalist well before the show went there. It's the execution that is pretty awful.

There was so little groundwork, and the writing now isn't making things better. I know ER is hobbled by a broken foot at the moment, but it would be nice to see her at the library or talking on the phone to Spinelli—anything that shows she's actively investigating. Instead she's asking Anna to do some of the work and sitting around dreading when Dante finds out. Zzzzz.

Every time Kim calls Julian "Charlie," I get a little closer to a rage blackout. STAHP.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, jsbt said:

When did Carly embezzle from (the awful) Club 101?? I missed that plot point. I didn't mind The Cellar despite its labored backstory and (yes, this happened) silent movie flashback episode. But assuming the throne at the Metro Court seemed like a natural progression for Carly when she evolved into Laura Wright.

Carly took the money from Club 101 when she found out Alexis was pregnant with Kristina (via Sonny) and use the money to bribe someone outside of Port Charles to offer Alexis a job at their firm. Jax found out she took the money and kicked her out of the club.

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Nobody's hangin' out on that boat!

They could have though! But since Starr could no longer sing montages there they didn't have a use for it anymore.

• Love 5