Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@TV Mercenary I think that Jim Harvey'd drilling probably cause the shaking.

(Also, we can curse without astericks, but if that's the way you like to write it, curse away. :) )

So now they're going to try to play like this tiny podunk town in the middle of nowhere caughg the eye of some guy with the money and equipment to dig underneath it for some sort of expedition better seen utilized in Texas while mining for oil? Who keeps coming up with this BS?

LOL I know thanks I'm sight impaired so I use voice recognition software a lot to write what I'm trying to say instead of typing and often my naughty words are autocorrected by it I hate that they do that too.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, TV Mercenary said:

So now they're going to try to play like this tiny podunk town in the middle of nowhere caughg the eye of some guy with the money and equipment to dig underneath it for some sort of expedition better seen utilized in Texas while mining for oil?

Oh, I don't know for sure, just a guess.

(edited)

Oh Jesus God. Yes Michael, a fucking hit man, still in the mob, who barely sees his own children, who has brain damage, who will put his life on the line at a moments notice, who just recently returned from 5 years of captivity that he hasn't even begun to deal with... yes, that would be the perfect single father for your child. And then he accepts! Um, maybe get your shit together with your life and your own children before agreeing to take on another Jason. no-way-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TV Mercenary said:

LOL I know thanks I'm sight impaired so I use voice recognition software a lot to write what I'm trying to say instead of typing and often my naughty words are autocorrected by it I hate that they do that too.

Attorney here. It really started clicking at Dragon 8. I safeguard the voice file more than I do my form briefs.

11 hours ago, drtslim said:

I'm shocked... SHOCKED!  Cristobal and Augustus actually made an appearance?!

Agamemnon didn't make it but Crysenthemum was there for 3 lines.  

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even with Franco claiming he's "clearly" controlled his violent impulses since the tumor was removed.  YOU STABBED HEATHER LIKE FOUR MONTHS LATER!!

And then held a man captive in the a dog cage and shocked him with a shock collar.  

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Danny appears to be desperate to sleep anywhere but home (e.g. Monica's)?

Only because the dog lives at Monica's and that's apparently the only thing Danny cares about.  

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Nelle has no trusted friends or not-Frank-Benson family?

She said today she had no family.  

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Dante and Lulu are OBVIOUSLY the superior option. Sure, they've got their hands full, but they can also provide a safe, loving home.

Their hands are full with a 9 and 6 year old, not newborn quads.  Michael made it sound like Lante would just throw up thier hands in defeat if a third child entered their home.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TV Mercenary said:

Joss and Oscar getting stuck in a freezer

Well nothing says romance like macking on your date while you freeze your knackers off.  

• Love 2

That kid who walked into the dance and threw the balloon at Joss, looked so much like a sorased version of old Jake that I thought they had decided to soras Jake and put him in High School. Then I was like did Jake leave his mother's lame non wedding? Why is Cam still 10? Then I realized it was just some random bigot.

I am so tired of Franco. I guess Jim Harvey is going to be to blame for all of Franco's pain. 

10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

And then he accepts!

Jason rarely says no to Michael.

I hope Carly gave Josslyn the same interrogation she gave Oscar. 

6 minutes ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Dante and Lulu are OBVIOUSLY the superior option. Sure, they've got their hands full, but they can also provide a safe, loving home.

Their hands are full with a 9 and 6 year old, not newborn quads.  Michael made it sound like Lante would just throw up thier hands in defeat if a third child entered their home.  

They don't have the 9-year-old full time, and the 6-year-old spends a lot of time at his grandmother's. But Michael said there's no one he trusts more than Jason. Michael is an idiot.

LOL at Lulu's "reporting." She talks to the mother of one of the organizers, one attendee, and calls it a night. I smell a Pulitzer!

Carly talking about how if she hadn't met Jason she might have turned out like Nelle: "Incapable of taking responsibility or telling the truth."  The she tells Nelle, "You don't learn from your mistakes. You lie, and you manipulate, it blows up in your face, and you do it again." How does she not burst into flames on an hourly basis with this crap? Also, maybe one reason Joss is turning out so well is because her father is not Sonny. 

The bully at the dance was hilarious. Why wasn't someone at the door playing bouncer? The whole point of the dance was to keep the creeps away.

"Huntington's disease." "You've heard of it?" Peter! It's not common, but it's fairly well-known.

I can't watch Nelle monologue to her stomach.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they did a bad job with the earthquake. 

I know! It was pretty decent under the circumstances.

• Love 4

Where does Michael think the baby is going to stay while Jason follows his orders from Sonny to kill another one of his enemies? 

They have those kangaroo-type pouch baby carriers.  Jason could just take it to the hit.  Hand it a bottle between reloading.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Lulu's "reporting." She talks to the mother of one of the organizers, one attendee, and calls it a night. I smell a Pulitzer!

She reminded me of Rita Skeeter with the way she was dramatically writing down what anyone told her.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I laughed when Bobby cried on Andy in the stairwell. Probably not the dramatic moment they were hoping for, but the most entertainment I've gotten from this bullshit. Totally saw it coming and I'm sure we will soon move on to them bff-ing over having been abused by developer dude.

PS. Finn, please choose Alexis cuz I cannot stand one more minute of you and Anna's game of chicken and mopey wuv faces.  

But only if Alexis gets a new do that is somewhat in this century.  She just looks so dated.  At least she doesn't have that stupid look on her face as she does whenever she is in Julian's orbit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Is that seriously how old Charlotte and Rocco are supposed to be in relation to each other? Which one is supposed to be six and which is nine? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why is it an automatic that the baby would go to anyone in Michael's family? Nelle has no trusted friends or not-Frank-Benson family?

No, she has no one. Her only sort of friend is Ava and Joss.

32 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is that seriously how old Charlotte and Rocco are supposed to be in relation to each other? Which one is supposed to be six and which is nine? 

The embryos were stolen around the same time.  Rocco was born in 2013 which would  have him turning 5 this summer.  The actor looks to be around that age. 

We don't really know when Charlotte was conceived or born, but based on when the embryos were stolen, she shouldn't be more than 5 but the actress is 9 or 10 and acts it, so, yeah best not to think too much about that one.  

• Love 1
(edited)

The earthquake is a result of the Hellmouth opening to receive escaped demons. BJ is head of demon retrieval. The birth of Nelle's baby signals the Apocalyse.

Edited by paisley
Continuing my thought process.
  • Love 8

There is a lot that is questionable about asking Jason to raise a child, all of them having to do with the mob.

But I'm uncomfortable with dismissing him because of his brain injury. People with brain injuries can be parents. The Jason we've seen over the years can change diapers, act in a paternal way, know when kids are in danger, etc etc. 

And failing all of that, he has Q money to hire round-the-clock nannies.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

The embryos were stolen around the same time.  Rocco was born in 2013 which would  have him turning 5 this summer.  The actor looks to be around that age. 

We don't really know when Charlotte was conceived or born, but based on when the embryos were stolen, she shouldn't be more than 5 but the actress is 9 or 10 and acts it, so, yeah best not to think too much about that one.

This is why you can never overthink SORAS.  It is tough enough when child characters are born the old fashioned way but when these children were stolen embryos or produced from stolen eggs and sperm,  it just hurts your brain to think about it.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The Jason we've seen over the years can change diapers, act in a paternal way, know when kids are in danger, etc etc. 

Except we don't know what he's like now*, after being doped up in a clinic for 5 years.   At least he can't be mind-controlled.

*still perfect, since this is St. Jasus we're talking about.  <rme> 

• Love 1

I wonder if GH will even bother to explain why Laura isn't rushing home when her husband, daughter, and five of her grandchildren are trapped in various places in Port Charles in the middle of an earthquake. Supposedly Kevin is injured.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I wonder if GH will even bother to explain why Laura isn't rushing home when her husband, daughter, and five of her grandchildren are trapped in various places in Port Charles in the middle of an earthquake. Supposedly Kevin is injured.

Rumor [aka her agent] hath it that the Show is trying to come up with an enticing story to get Genie to return.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Rumor [aka her agent] hath it that the Show is trying to come up with an enticing story to get Genie to return.

I heard that. Laura running for mayor seemed pretty exciting and Laura-centric to me, but maybe I don't know anything.

• Love 9

Ugh. The "Acceptance/Inclusive" dance was not exactly, um...different from any dance I've ever seen.  So..what was the point?  

I am unapologetic about my crush on Billy Miller so as long as he stays - do whatever you want with him.  BUT, I do like Kim's memory of him doing Tom Cruise/Top Gun/You've Lost That Loving Feeling, if only so I can imagine it. 

MOVING ON.....    Nelle is a throwback classic soap evil temptress and annoying as hell.  Which could make for a good scene-eating story.

Franco?  REALLY?  Are you f***ing kidding? You missed your WEDDING for THAT conversation? YOUR WEDDING!!!  You pathetic asshole.  Please, Writers, either give Liz a story or let her and Carmichael and Andiamo go into the ether, along with Jake.  They are all so unnecessary. Send them to wherever Lucas is for a while.

Damn, I really thought Oscar was going to be the transgender.  Shucks.  

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The bully at the dance was hilarious.

I completely didn't understand the point of this kid.  It's not like they cancelled the school dance and had this alternative one instead.  He had his own dance he could have gone to and never minded what the "other" kids were up to that night.  Why would he care enough to find out where it was, buy red paint, fill a balloon with and show up to throw it on someone.  It's not like he had a bunch of like minded buddies with him that could laugh and point.  He was him by himself.  Totally made no sense.  

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't watch Nelle monologue to her stomach.

I love how they have CL in these tight little (non maternity!) jeans, and then the belly on top of the pants.  Ahhh, television pregnancies, so realistic!!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

At least Laura's out of town.  Meanwhile, I'm sure Lucas (who?) won't be seen checking on his various relatives, or, I dunno, working at the hospital during this citywide emergency. #eyeroll

• Love 1

For once on a wedding/non-wedding day, there weren't any church scenes with other cast members going on as Liz was having her side room conversations and wondering about Franco's whereabouts. Scotty's line about "guests getting restless" was amusing because as far as the audience knows/can assume, the guests consist of three of Elizabeth's colleagues (Felix, Epiphany and Bobbie who may only be there for the sake of her grandnephews), and the three people other than Liz and her sons who don't hate Franco: Kiki, Ava, and Obrecht.  Maybe Elizabeth's Grandma Audrey showed up too, but did she even get a mention? If so that would be a total attendance of 8 people, not including the bride, her three sons, and the groom.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Perkie said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The bully at the dance was hilarious.

I completely didn't understand the point of this kid.  It's not like they cancelled the school dance and had this alternative one instead.  He had his own dance he could have gone to and never minded what the "other" kids were up to that night.  Why would he care enough to find out where it was, buy red paint, fill a balloon with and show up to throw it on someone.  It's not like he had a bunch of like minded buddies with him that could laugh and point.  He was him by himself.  Totally made no sense.  

Frank is too cheap for the bully to have his own gang, LOL. But I guess the bully was there to reinforce the necessity of the alterna-dance. But again, why was there no bouncer to protect the attendees from this very thing? Since it wasn't school-sanctioned, it's not like anyone could object. So stupid.

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Obrecht

We didn't see her at all on Friday, so who knows if she even attended the wedding.

It cracked me up that Pip called out Scott for being the one who wanted to hit the reception early and start drinking.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But again, why was there no bouncer to protect the attendees from this very thing? Since it wasn't school-sanctioned, it's not like anyone could object. So stupid.

We didn't see her at all on Friday, so who knows if she even attended the wedding.

It cracked me up that Pip called out Scott for being the one who wanted to hit the reception early and start drinking.

A) So Drew could be the heroic chaperone who gets a father-son moment with Drew at an event that's important to the kid, and so Kim could be impressed and grateful for Drew's help/support.

B) I assumed Obrecht would be there since she's such a Franco supporter and values loyalty. I sort of expect to hear a line from her soon saying it was a relief that they were told the wedding is off because she wasn't up to seeing his happiness when she's mourning the death of her son.

C) I agree that was funny. Pip can see through people, especially someone as transparent as Scott.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Perkie said:

It ruined the model dress that Nelle "borrowed" to give to Joss so that it can't be used in the springs shows and Nelle will be found out. (cue the horror music).

It also emphasized why the kids needed to have this alternative dance because I never would have guessed, it was so ordinary.

But I'm uncomfortable with dismissing him because of his brain injury. People with brain injuries can be parents. The Jason we've seen over the years can change diapers, act in a paternal way, know when kids are in danger, etc etc. 

And failing all of that, he has Q money to hire round-the-clock nannies. 

For me it's not the infant care, as you say he can hire nannies, it's the stuff that comes later:  teaching a moral code, being there when the child or teenager is upset, the complicated moral decisions that come with taking care of a child as he or she grows up.

Jason has spend decades pandering to Carly, telling her she's braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart, that the horrible things she does are okay because she cares so much for the people she loves.  Even now, there's never a comment that Ava should have time with her daughter much less any guilt for keeping Michael from AJ, Monica, Alan and the other Quartermaines for so many years.  I don't even think there's any regret for breaking up with Robin because she told the truth.

For whatever reason, Jason's moral code is crap and that's why I wouldn't trust a child with him even if he weren't in the mob and had whatever mysterious and flexible brain damage he has.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It ruined the model dress that Nelle "borrowed" to give to Joss so that it can't be used in the springs shows and Nelle will be found out. (cue the horror music).

Nelle was found out before the dress was paint-bombed. Carly and Nina discussed it at the MetroCourt, and Carly went to Ava's gallery to let Nelle know Nina knew. "Expect a four-figure bill," Carly sneered.

If the show truly wants us to see Nelle as a schemer, it has to allow her schemes to work, or at least be successful for more than an episode. FFS.

• Love 4

For whatever reason, Jason's moral code is crap and that's why I wouldn't trust a child with him even if he weren't in the mob 

But he IS in the Mob, and someone should ask Michael, "Don't you want better for your child than the childhood you had?" Would you want your child to be constantly surrounded by bodyguards growing up, and at risk for kidnapping or worse? You were shot in the head as a boy because you were near Sonny; Jason's ex-wife was shot in the back because she was near him.  Think about that."

• Love 9
(edited)

@statsgirl There are so many garbage people on this show that I'm not sure if you are confusing Carly with Ava. One sociopathic blonde who killed a woman that never did anything to anyone vs another sociopathic blonde that covered up the murder of her first baby daddy. Someone on the Stranger Things thread wrote that maybe the reason that people are so taken with the show is not because of the 80s nostalgia or the supernatural horror, because they are decent human beings with a core of kindness to them. Flawed for sure and having some sketchy things for a few of them, but at the end of the day, they would rise to the occassion and do the right thing, often risking their lives for others. I think the poster is right. We are so used to so many shows have characters being two faced assholes or just assholes all together, that it is refreshing to see a show where people are decent and loyal to each other.  I think that is why GH's early 90s are so well remembered-the show had a core of kindness that everyone had too each other. Scotty finally finds true love with a decent woman and when he finds out she is dying, makes sure those are the happiest months of her life. The vixen Lucy Coe selflessly has a baby for Scott and Dominique. When it is discovered that BJ is brain dead, Tony insists that the heart is given to Maxie. When Stone starts dying from his AIDs, it isn't just Sonny that helps him out, but everyone and without an ulterior motive behind their good deeds. That core died when Dr. Steve Hardy died. We got a writer, Bob Guza, who became obessed with turning everyone into a anti hero whether it made sense or not. Then the show decided that a bipolar mob boss, brain damaged hitman and a borderline personality disorder gold digger would be the "new core" of GH and this is where we are today. They love their kids and are super sad when they get killed or maimed, eventhough their actions partly lead to their deaths (Dr.O, you are more responsible for Nathan's death than Lulu). They will do anything for anyone in their inner circle, but fuck anyone else even or especially when that person dies by their own hand. And forget about feeling an ounce of remorse for not even paying for the crimes they commit, you will only see it when they need to pad their Emmy reel (I'm looking at you Ava). 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 9

Michael was also kidnapped more than once, all of his siblings were kidnapped and/or terrorized (save for Avery, but there's plenty of time for her), and he was raped because of his connection to Jason. And his brother was blown up because of mob bidness (and his own idiocy). Yet Jason, the mob enforcer, is still somehow the best and noble choice as guardian for Michael's kid. Ugh. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael was also kidnapped more than once, all of his siblings were kidnapped and/or terrorized (save for Avery, but there's plenty of time for her), and he was raped because of his connection to Jason.

Avery was kidnapped. From the womb when Nina ripped her out of Ava. But that was all about Nina and Ava.

• Love 4
(edited)

Earthquakes caused by fracking so far are seldom over 2-3 magnitude. One of the largest so far was in Oklahoma--a 5.6. From Its structural damage and duration, the PC earthquake appeared to be much stronger than that--maybe a 6 or 7 in New York, a state where fracking was outlawed in 2015. Let.'s see what the writers do about that discrepancy.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
date
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Earthquakes caused by fracking so far are seldom over 2-3 magnitude. One of the largest so far was in Oklahoma--a 5.6. From Its structural damage and duration, the PC earthquake appeared to be much stronger than that--maybe a 6 or 7 in New York, a state where fracking was outlawed in 2015. Let.'s see what the writers do about that discrepancy.

I don't understand what you mean by discrepancy.  Fracking being illegal is the whole point of this--that Jim Harvey is a BAD HOMBRE.  As to the magnitude, just because the average is something doesn't mean there can't be a larger one.  I don't think the writers have to explain other than "a long-dormant fault line was activated."

• Love 6
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

Avery was kidnapped. From the womb when Nina ripped her out of Ava. But that was all about Nina and Ava.

Does Elizabeth know Franco was Nina's partner in going on the run with kidnapped newborn Avery? Can't recall if she helped to treat Ava at GH after she was found. With the way Liz is written now, I guess she found a way to dismiss a second newborn abduction.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Probably the earthquake was not as long as portrayed, they just wanted to show it in multiple locations.

• Love 2

Okay, it cracks me up that Franco is a little late for his wedding, and Liz's reaction is, "I tried to call him but he didn't answer so if he's not here then he's choosing not to be here welp the wedding is off Pip take my kids home I'll tell the guests," [changes clothes, has three-second montage of their eternal love, takes off engagement ring]. If it was this easy to end Liz and Franco, I wish they would have done it two years ago.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:55 PM, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't he planning to murder the Canadian neighbor who realized that he and Nina kidnapped Avery?  From what I remember, the only reason that he didn't was because the police caught up to him as he was heading out the door to murder her.

She didn't even know that they had kidnapped Avery. She recognized him as Franco the Famous Artist and came to their door to say what a fan she was, so he decided she had to die just because she saw him and might later figure things out.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Does Elizabeth know Franco was Nina's partner i

It was the tumah.  

I think kidnapping Avery was after the tumor was removed, but I'm not 100% sure.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, ulkis said:

Noooooooooooo Franco cried like a little boy. And then he caressed Drew's face. Whyyyyyyyyy. All the second hand embarassment buttons, pushed. :curls up into a ball:

I watched the whole thing with them in the stairwell and yet have no memory of what you've described. I guess it's true that memory is merciful and your mind will block out traumatizing incidents. Did he really touch his face? HA HA HA. Gross.

• Love 3

So after all Carly’s drama over that black dress Joss originally wanted to wear, the kid ends up in a spaghetti strapped low-cut, short crushed velvet dress that showed just as much cleavage? Well okay then.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Friz will never be over as long as RoHo is on the show and that makes me furious.  Elizabeth should have never been paired with Franco in the first place.

My theory is that the actress wanted to ensure she had lots of work, so she pursued being paired with RoHo as Franco.