Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I figure it was done by minions. Still gross, but I don't think we're meant to think he did it himself. I really hope not.

Does that make a difference at all to you?  For me, it really wouldn't matter if it was the captain of the Steubenville High School varsity football squad or a bench warmer. It wouldn't make it any better if it was a female OBG-YN with the beside manner and charm of Aunt Bee from the Andy Griffith Show. It's still a horrible physical violation and it's been glossed over like it's no big deal that Lulu was rendered unconscious, and had a device inserted into her vagina, pushed up so that it could physically retrieve an egg, and then pulled back out after having extracted it. It's rape, just with an object and not a body part.

And there's not one moment where they show that Lulu is traumatized by the realization that while she was unconscious, someone did that to her.  Instead, it's just about "oh, he has a potential baby of mine. And I really, really want a baby. What a dilemma I'm in!"

Perhaps CeeLo Green was writing this show.  It's a shame there isn't one female high enough amongst the rankings to say, "You know, that's a serious violation." How far we've come from the social issues explored during Eden's rape on Santa Barbara.

Ron was just crowing about having gone to Jesuit high school and Jesuit college, and it's easy to see some very  Rick Santorum like attitudes ("Any baby, even a baby from rape is a gift!") that he holds.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14
I figure it was done by minions. Still gross, but I don't think we're meant to think he did it himself. I really hope not.

Does that make a difference at all to you? 

Oh no, not really. I figured that's what you were getting it at though, that Stavros did it himself. I do find it slightly less gross than if Stavros did it himself, but it's minimal.

• Love 2

I agree. I think just the shot in the previews of them dragging Lulu away to implant her forcibly with this embryo against her will while her husband screams and is chained to the wall is didisgusting. Is this supposed to make me as a viewer go "Well, doesn't make Sonny look so bad for murdering AJ while he begs for his life." No. Is it supposed to make me look at the returning Jason Morgan, a man whose job was murder and think "Now that's a hero!" Or perhaps I am to look at Leisel Olbrect and go "Well kidnapping Robin and almost killing Robert wasn't so bad!" Because.... by.... comparison it's not rapey? No. No. Fuck you, Ron. You can't constantly have this endless cycle of evil shit happen to the same people over and over with no reprocussions.

AJ Quartermaine may have been played by, in your eyes Ron, an expendable actor, but I've seen him written and praised in articles in the same breath as primetime premium dramas. Have any of your pets gotten that? This current recent dive into rape filled waters is not dramatic or scary, it's just gross. As a lawyer, you should know that.

• Love 11

Oh no, not really. I figured that's what you were getting it at though, that Stavros did it himself. I do find it slightly less gross than if Stavros did it himself, but it's minimal.

Gotcha. That's how I read your comment, too, but it triggered in me an impulse to expound a bit more.

• Love 1

Lulu and Dante need to leave town. That's the only way they will escape this bullshit.

Victor needs to kill Dr. O in retaliation for keeping Nathan from him.

Stavros needs to be decapitated.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
And there's not one moment where they show that Lulu is traumatized by the realization that while she was unconscious, someone did that to her.  Instead, it's just about "oh, he has a potential baby of mine. And I really, really want a baby. What a dilemma I'm in!"

They MIGHT get to this after this is over . . . but I don't blame you or anyone for not giving Carlivati the benefit of the doubt.

I also would really like a scene where Robin finds out what happened with Stavros and realizes it wasn't worth bringing Jason, hitman extraordinaire, back from the dead. I realize that Victor would have coerced her anyway but I still want that moment.

• Love 3
I don't blame Nathan for not cuffing that good because I believe that the thought he killed him.

No, right before he leaves him Nathan checks his pulse and then pats his chest and says "Sleep tight", so he knew he wasn't dead just unconscious still.

I think they just didn't bother writing that into the scene because, as usual, the little details often get skimped over for the supposedly "meatier" bits, such as having Nathan rush off and hold Victor at gun point.

Also, whoever makes up or creates the fake blood for this show is awful, just awful at it. A four year's old mother at Halloween could do better.

• Love 1

I applaud everyone that paying attention during the Lulu/Dante scenes. I'm at the point that if I zone them out if I don't FF them. I've said it before, I'm so tired of babies, embryo's & add rapes/aggression towards women.

Nathan got to actually do something. That's rare on this show.

I always enjoy seeing Mac. I guess he & Felicia are hanging out in Anna's office because they don't have a home. At least they don't live at the MetroCourt.

The sets are closets sized compared to some shows. It wouldn't take make 30 seconds to check for a phone due to the minimal props.

Okay Ron, you got me. That was Peter Harrell Maxie found not Jason. You are amazing. I really, really wanted to see Peter Harrell. <sarcasm>

So what's the over/under that a) Anna won't see or know about Robin, b) Anna nor Patrick will mention Creighton Clark to each other. I'm trying not to think to indepth about this show anymore because the stupidity can make me rage.

• Love 4

Pfft, like that would stop Ron.  Stavros would just walk around, carrying it.

Cue Whoopi:

http://youtu.be/mcLPsvnMFyA?t=11s

Oh, thank you this made my day!!!   

So, Nathan is Victors kid.  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.   

Now, the real shocker would be that the reason Stavros is so intent on impregnating Lulu is because he knows that Nik isn't really his, because Laura was already pregnant when he kidnapped her and in order to continue the genetic line of bat crap crazy Cassadine's, he needs a womb and what better way to make the Spencer's suffer.  This could also explain why adorable mute Lulu was dark haired and blue eyed until she became a teen.

Peter Harrell......boring.  I barely remembered him in the Aztec treasure storyline.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

At least Nathan managed to be proactive, though he should have handcuffed the agent to the bar before leaving, but overall I'll give him a B+ on escaping his confines successfully.

True, but the guy was still stuck in the room without a keycard to get out.  

• Love 2

I remember a bunch of rumors swirling around back then; Nikolas was maybe Luke's (no disrespect meant, LegalParrot, but I always thought that was a dumb idea), Lulu was somehow Stefan's (um, how?), Stavros was actually Helena's bastard and Stefan was rightfully the Cassadine Prince which is why she hated him so much (which I thought had potential). None of them ever came to anything.

Present-day Stavros is seriously wearing on my nerves. He's even annoying in fast-forward.

• Love 1
True, but the guy was still stuck in the room without a keycard to get out.

Yeah but when he woke up he could then go and pound on the door or sound the alarm a lot easier/faster then if he was cuffed and unable to get free. But of course I doubt he'll serve much purpose from now on regardless since Nathan has gotten away and needs to have his WTD "mystery" revealed in full, and as always a firearm is involved.

Honestly it seems as of late everyone's paternity revelations have involved guns. Dante and Sonny, Sam and Julian, now Nathan and Victor. Would it be so terrible for people to find out like they used to in the good ol' days? In the hospital when someone is a sudden match for a vital organ/and or is the same "rare" blood type, or in the middle of a wedding?

Present-day Stavros is seriously wearing on my nerves

He was certainly annoying Uncle Vic by quite a bit. I loved how Victor nearly went off on him, as fed up with "babygate" as I think we all are, and forced Stav to bow his head, shut his mouth and behave like a small child who was about to be sent to time out, which in a way he was when Victor told him to "go and rest" after his long day.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

The only Cassadines I give any fucks for are (in order) Stefan, Helena, Alexis, and Sam, and Molly. And the last few are kinda wearing thin on me. You wanna shock me, Ron? Bring back SK and Stefan and treat them like gods. Write a decent character driven story with little to no camp. Quit wasting talented actors. That would shock me.

• Love 4

Honestly it seems as of late everyone's paternity revelations have involved guns. Dante and Sonny, Sam and Julian, now Nathan and Victor. Would it be so terrible for people to find out like they used to in the good ol' days? In the hospital when someone is a sudden match for a vital organ/and or is the same "rare" blood type, or in the middle of a wedding?

I'm just wondering what Nathan will say in response to the revelation, since Dante stole the Skywalker "noooooooooooo!" moment today.

He was certainly annoying Uncle Vic by quite a bit. I loved how Victor nearly went off on him, as fed up with "babygate" as I think we all are, and forced Stav to bow his head, shut his mouth and behave like a small child who was about to be sent to time out, which in a way he was when Victor told him to "go and rest" after his long day.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have if it weren't Victor's own fault that his stupid, stair-falling, hole-tripping-getting-locked-in-a-freezer, rapist, annoying, giant turd of a nephew is back. If you know someone who has died by tripping not once but twice, the fates are trying to tell you something.

• Love 6
I'm just wondering what Nathan will say in response to the revelation, since Dante stole the Skywalker "noooooooooooo!" moment today.

Well at least in the previews he doesn't just lower the gun so the revelation doesn't give him a brain frat at least, he is still of the train of thought that Victor isn't to be trusted and is dangerous.

I wonder if we'll get a scene with Dante and Nathan discussing just what crap pit the fates pulled their respective fathers out of. Talk about your bonding experiences.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have if it weren't Victor's own fault that his stupid, stair-falling, hole-tripping-getting-locked-in-a-freezer, rapist, annoying, giant turd of a nephew is back. If you know someone who has died by tripping not once but twice, the fates are trying to tell you something.

I wonder if his annoyance is partly due to that. He's now realized exactly what he's done, he brought back the most annoying, pathetic member of their family. Helena is one thing, but Stav? Just as a favour to his brother? His family loyalty led him stray big time. And now he's stuck with a man who is well and good afflicted with baby rabies and that's not even half of what's wrong with him. Maybe that's how Robin will be brought back (wishful thinking is all I have left...) to put Stav back down like the rabid dog he is.

• Love 4

Ho-ly shit. What the *fuck* was that? That was the *worst* acting I've ever seen. RKK needs to dial it back a million-ty times. How did Emme and Dom keep from howling with laughter? 

Okay. Moving on.

Seriously, I have nothing else to add. Sad, that.

• Love 4

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have if it weren't Victor's own fault that his stupid, stair-falling, hole-tripping-getting-locked-in-a-freezer, rapist, annoying, giant turd of a nephew is back.

I bet, among the Cassadines, Stavros was the guinea pig.  Once it didn't kill him, Victor used it on Helena, hence why our fierce queen isn't up and about just yet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Well at least in the previews he doesn't just lower the gun so the revelation doesn't give him a brain frat at least, he is still of the train of thought that Victor isn't to be trusted and is dangerous.

I wonder if we'll get a scene with Dante and Nathan discussing just what crap pit the fates pulled their respective fathers out of. Talk about your bonding experiences.

Add in Michael, Morgan, Lucas and Brad (sorry, all), and they could have a "Sons of  Gangsters and Psychos Support Group" --  a shirtless "Sons of Gangsters and Psychos Support Group". 

Am about to watch today's epi, but from reading posts, I don't think I want to anymore.  I can't take this shit, with Ron and his sick as fuck fantasies.  I swear I feel like I need to schedule an appointment with my therapist after each show.  I really, really want to create a twitter account to yell at Ron.  I know he'll block me, but damn, it'll feel good. 

• Love 3

Let me get this straight, RC/FV couldn't be bothered to write a mini storyline for John Stamos' Blackie Parrish, who was fostered by Leslie and Rick Webber and wrap up his character arc after almost 25 years, but we are getting this Peter Harrell and Junior Aztec shit that somehow got Vitmaxed into the Frozen Cassadine story lines, even though they were completely separate storylines back in the day? I didn't even know that there was a Peter Harrell until a few weeks ago, but I have been hearing about Blackie Parrish on the boards for years.

I guess. But Sly Eckert at least makes a little sense than Peter Harrell.  Does this mean Fluke will turn out to be Slader? Ha, just joking. Right? ..... Right?

I am responding to this in Unspoiled Speculation thread.
  • Love 2

Wasn't Jason the first test subject? Though it never hurts to be doubly sure when trying to raise the Queen of Mean from the near dead. Robin apparently is too good at this whole "able to create the perfect serum that works on the subject/s the first time" business.

I just hope when Helena comes back she goes on the warpath, I need someone to start piling up some bodies and quick, this show is overcapacity!

We have bloody Peter Harrell back for the sake of all that's holy! Maybe she can put something in the water that will render all the men in PC infertile, since the women get picked on all the time. Let the men start shooting blanks, even the great inseminator Sonny.

Add in Michael, Morgan, Lucas and Brad (sorry, all), and they could have a "Sons of  Gangsters and Psychos Support Group" --  a shirtless "Sons of Gangsters and Psychos Support Group".

And Felix couldn't be included because he doesn't qualify, that reason alone would bring me on board.

• Love 4

I think Peter Harrell was the first guinea pig. Jasus was too awake.

Robin, get to cracking on the important Q's. Alan and AJ. Right meow!

• Love 1

Nina, is that you?  ;)

• Love 9

Jason was the first test subject.  Peter-whoever-the-hell-he-is must have been done after Stavros since he's still woozy.  (Why exactly did we need this storyline?)  Either that or he was given an inferior drug before Robin fixed it.

Why are they making Maxie as stupid as a brick?  Girl deserves better.

I love all Obrecht's snarking, from Anna in her ear (I went to medical school, I can learn things) to Victor menacing her.

So he could be influenced by Helena, Stavros and Victor?  Best thing Obrecht could  have done for him.  Even Donna Mills is a lot less scary.

• Love 1

Guys, I know Jason was the test subject.  I was just saying, if there was still a chance something could go wrong with it, Victor would have chosen Stavros to be the first of the Cassadines to get the treatment.  He's the first pancake.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Jason was the first test subject.  Peter-whoever-the-hell-he-is must have been done after Stavros since he's still woozy.  (Why exactly did we need this storyline?)

Since Levi spent a whole bunch of time talking about how a piece of a bullet had been working its way through his father's brain, I got the impression that his father might have been in the CC clinic for non-freezing related issues. Maybe that was how Stavros got him to be one of his minions. 

I'm also thinking this father-in-the-clinic storyline is part of what's filling in for TG's absence. 

• Love 3

Can I say Mac is my hero. Finally a man who will punch the lights out of a jerk. I want Naxie now purely so Mac and Nathan can be buds.

Dr. O makes Anna look like such a dope. I expect when she get in CC she will pull out her gun and oopsie it will be a curling iron instead. Dollars to donuts she never sees Robin either.

Maxie you are truely too stupid to live. I will only forgive you if you get Levi's gun and kill him and his creepy frankindad.

Sorry I'm so slow but I just read up thread Stavros is Nik's dad.....get the fuck out of here! Poor Nikolas....though it does help explain Spencer a little.

I know it's wrong, but it is all kinds of hott that my det. Special Kitty is the smartest guy in the place. He is using all his skills and such......MEOW!

• Love 2
Sorry I'm so slow but I just read up thread Stavros is Nik's dad.....get the fuck out of here! Poor Nikolas....though it does help explain Spencer a little.

Maybe Stav and Spencer have swapped brains? That would explain why Stav is acting like a bratty, annoying and insufferable eight year old and Spencer may as well go about puffing on a cigar with a scotch in hand.

• Love 8
Don't remember Peter Harrell, I was not watching regularly back then, but out of curiousity, is this the same actor? Ron is trying to bring back all our favorites??

No, not this time. The original actor was a man by the name of Judson Scott. I am not sure if he's retired or not but he probably had the good sense not to even think about coming back to GH to reprise this type of role.

Why are they making Maxie as stupid as a brick?  Girl deserves better.

May guess is because 1)RC/FV didn't create or develop her character  2) she's a girl. Maxie doesn't get to grow and learn from past mistakes. She actually seemed at peace when she left Port Charles, and even though she did have cute Nathan at her door, I thought it was a good move on her part to leave a temptation to get into another relationship right after Spinelli, even if Nathan is the most normal guy she had met in a long time. I should have known that RC would make KSt pay for having a life of her own. I think I would have preferred Maxie going on the run with Georgie. 

Dr. O makes Anna look like such a dope. I expect when she get in CC she will pull out her gun and oopsie it will be a curling iron instead. Dollars to donuts she never sees Robin either.

Maxie you are truely too stupid to live. I will only forgive you if you get Levi's gun and kill him and his creepy frankindad.

See the above about why Maxie and Anna are being cast in a bad light. Of course Anna is being made to look like a fool, her enemy is Dr.O, RC new favorite toy that he has connected to two of the most famous antagonists  (or families in one case) in General Hospital history. Anna doesn't get to kill or even outsmart her enemies like Jordan, the super awesome agent working undercover, killing the forgettable day player. Anna should have thrown Dr.O off a roof , but the only thing RC has her do is trade quips with this pyscho. When Steven Lars had his sister assist the surgery of her ex husband's new wife (which I believe he forgot), he was fired from being Chief of Staff when there was a complication. Dr.O gets to keep her job after she has Patrick operate on the kid that ran his car off he road and killed his son and fire Patrick on top of that, even after both Patrick and Silas told her no (and since Silas was Rafe's guardian, his wishes should have been honored). 

• Love 4

I'm liking the show the past few days. Anything to keep gross Carson off my screen. I will take Stavros's campiness any day over that grossness. At least it seems to be RKK is enjoying being such a crazy freak.

Ned makes everything better, plus love the Mac stuff.

Please no more Morgan and Kiki- he needs to be far away from that suckitude.

Sabrina is ridiculous- you really want to harm a baby because yours died? Too much baby rabies!

Why can't Ava just tell her she had nothing to do with Rafe? Stupid writers.

Love the clinic stuff in that there are three (if you include Anna possibly running into Robin, then 4) different scenarios going around that are entertaining. Wonder how Nathan will react to being a crazy Cassadine.

Throwing a little love to Nina for calling out Kiki's ridiculous wardrobe. Too bad her list is just funny now, with a whopping two names left on it yet she keeps whipping it out.

GH has been my show for 25 years. I was familiar with it before then because I was in college during Luke&Laura, but AW, DOOL and SB were also my shows at various times in the 80s.

I have quit at times, sometimes for years. AMC and OLTL also became my shows. But they are gone, as are AW and SB. My sister who has watched Y&R since we first started forty years ago assures me I shouldn't go back to that.

I have been watching DOOL again for a few months, and though it is not terrific I greatly prefer it to this. I enjoy seeing characters and families and friends who I remember from years ago. Some of the relationships are a bit wackadoo, but I can ask ?s in the ?s thread and it all makes terrifically soapy sense.

There is really nothing that I enjoy about GH anymore. At this point I think I am just hanging on for the Sonny/AJ reveal but if that doesn't happen soon...

Edited by annabel
  • Love 4

I remember Judson Scott from his brief heyday back in the '80s, most notably from Wrath of Khan, and I liked him, so it's weird to me that I don't remember him on GH at all.  Does anyone know the actor playing PH, Sr. now?  He looked familiar to me, but that was a bad angle to see properly.

My impression was that he was not one of the defrosted, but a more conventional patient, but they may yet prove me wrong on that score.  And who knows what other sort of unconventional medical treatment he may have received in that place.

There is really nothing that I enjoy about GH anymore. At this point I think I am just hanging on for the Sonny/AJ reveal but if that doesn't happen soon...

It would appear that the Sonny/AJ reveal will be happening sooner than later.  Hopefully, the photos in Sam's apartment get switched soon.  I would be shocked if that vile thug of a repulsive character doesn't save someone in PC (Emma or Sam or Anna) before he is taken down a notch and a woman (hi there Ava or Anna - or probably on the opposite end of the acting spectrum - Sabrina) is made out to be the evil one.

Felicia is so much more watchable without Lucy hanging around. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

Lulu and Dante need to leave town. That's the only way they will escape this bullshit.

Stavros needs to be castrated. Without medication to dull the pain. Re-Ron has done it. I have no desire to watch this swill.Have to go now and delete the DVR.
  • Love 2

Well, there's an easy way to Re Ron this garbage.

Cast Peter Reckell as the Real Stavros Cassadine. Turns out RKK has been playing an imposter this whole time. He apologizes and is disgusted by Special Needs Not Stavros' s actions. Helena has also been in the WSB the whole time in a program for single mothers. Then Ron gets to Re Ron, steal an actor, and it ends the rapey story.

Boom.

By the way Happy Late Birthday to Roger Howarth.

• Love 3

In conclusion: this Stavros stuff makes me wish I was watching Franco give someone an art therapy class.

Franco could give Nina and Stavros art therapy!! It's perfect! She could be the surrogate for the embryo and he could help her with the list! The story writes itself guys!

That just makes more work for Robin during her next kidnapping. 

I love all Obrecht's snarking, from Anna in her ear (I went to medical school, I can learn things) to Victor menacing her.

So he could be influenced by Helena, Stavros and Victor?  Best thing Obrecht could  have done for him.  Even Donna Mills is a lot less scary.

I hope that Lisel gets to point that out to Victor on Monday. Between Helena and Cesar Faison, Nathan would have not lasted. It was best. 

Maybe Stav and Spencer have swapped brains? That would explain why Stav is acting like a bratty, annoying and insufferable eight year old and Spencer may as well go about puffing on a cigar with a scotch in hand.

That would explain so, so much.....Maybe Nik should punish Spencer by making him spend time with grandpa. Or, maybe they'll get along famously and can wreak havoc together! 

When RKK goes back to his regular day job, he is so getting teased about this SL. ( I'm convinced he's being directed to be this level of over the top. I've seen all of RKK's soap work over the years, and this isn't his natural style)

All this "muahhaha!'-ness is very amusing for me personally, and it doesn't involve Sonny which makes it so much better. 

I've tried, but I can't get into Dante. His Bensonhurst bravado, dude-broness, is off-putting,  and I don't sense any chemistry with him and Lulu at all. ( it's not the actress, because I'm one of the very few who loathed JMB. I have no idea what my problem is) i don't care if the implantation is a success. Let Dante have to deal with the fallout. 

• Love 3

That just makes more work for Robin during her next kidnapping. 

But she'd have three hots and cot, and give Patrick an excuse to continue being a dick.

By that time, Patrick wouldn't care, since Robin would no longer be his wife.  I'm telling y'all...next time we see Robin and Patrick in a scene, we'll be told that they are now divorced and Patrick did what he had to do to protect his daughter*.

*I will give Patrick a little credit for not trashing Robin, when Emma was asking for her last week. That he told her that Robin still loved her and would be with her if she could. I found Emma/Brooklyn to be very good in that scene and very realistic; unlike her other scenes with that horrid and gross toddler triangle, quadrangle? UGH.

• Love 2