Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

And then BryDog showed up in the previews,

We don't get previews up here, so please tell me if it's a flashback clip and not Bryan with new material.  

If Michael is going to worry about any genes the baby inherits, he should be worrying about the Quartermaine addiction genes.  And Carly's Spencer amoral ones.

2 hours ago, LillyB said:

I can't imagine Jason attending an elementary school event for any one of his sons

Even if he did show up, he'd just stand there and blink.  (It would be hilarious.)

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Michael is going to worry about any genes the baby inherits, he should be worrying about the Quartermaine addiction genes.  And Carly's Spencer amoral ones.

Not to mention the fat genes, the worst of them all.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There's zero blood relationship and they weren't brought up thinking they were any sort of family, so I don't see the problem.

I agree. It's weirder that Elizabeth and her fiance have the same brother, just to pick a stranger one. I hope Steven Lars comes back some day while Franco and Liz are still a couple, just to drive the squick home. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting that, telling the story of her first time, Carly left out the part that it was her best friend's father and that said best friend was then thought to be dead after an accident and that Carly stole said best friend's name when she came to town to seduce Grandma Bobbie's husband away from her.

I don't tell my daughter upsetting details from my past either. Especially when I'm trying to relate to her situation, not totally derail the conversation,

• Love 1

So Sonny says Jason can’t be controlled? And then in the next sentence, he praises Jason for always coming when called and doing whatever needs doing efficiently, cleanly and without cops. Um, isn’t that the very definition of being controlled? Or maybe it’s just the perfect definition of a lapdog. 

Jason fetch!

jason come!

Jason kill!

who's a good boy?

And I’m going to be sick.

i liked the Carly/joss and Kim/oscar scenes but I’m not looking forward to the ‘come as you are’ party or GH trying to tackle the transgender issue. Because you know they’ll screw it up.

also really enjoyed the Jake/drew/Liz scene. But the scene at Kelly’s where Jason sees Jake and tearily waves to him? I could do without. The kid is your son and you claim to want to know him. The least you could do is SMILE when he waves! Or you know, walk into the restaurant and say hello. 

sonny, for the love of dog, STOP WHISPERING!

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But the scene at Kelly’s where Jason sees Jake and tearily waves to him? I could do without. The kid is your son and you claim to want to know him. The least you could do is SMILE when he waves! Or you know, walk into the restaurant and say hello. 

sonny, for the love of dog, STOP WHISPERING!

But Liz told Jakey that is JUST an example of Jasus' self-less love.  "He could have just taken everything back, but he didn't. You know why?  Because he LOVES you."

Liz and Sam are so nauseating when they talk about Jason as a father.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Hater said:

But Liz told Jakey that is JUST an example of Jasus' self-less love.  "He could have just taken everything back, but he didn't. You know why?  Because he LOVES you."

Liz and Sam are so nauseating when they talk about Jason as a father.

Sigh.  Elizabeth could hardly tell Jake that she asked Jason to give him up as a baby, Lucky was a drug eating and cheating whore which is why he's the legal father, Sam wanted him dead and gone and Jason asked for the kid's kidney and he was alive at the time!  Sam can hardly tell Jake or Danny all of the shit she did in 2007 or that she's been quite happy to have Alice/Monica raise her children....blah blah blah.

#FreeElizabethWebber and her boys for the win!  It was nice to see my girl without that creepy ass Franco.

Jason and Sonny both look so old!  

What is the point of Kim?!  Do we really need another woman for Cujo to snarl at all day long?!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

What is the point of Kim?! 

I don't know, but she needs to get back on her medication.  She flips out, then does a complete reversal and is all sweetness and light. 

I find it hard to believe that when she googled Sonny and his mobular ways that she didn't run across any reference to the other mobster in town, Julian -- the guy she knows nothing about despite living in Port Charles for months.  Never read a newspaper, either.

Sam and Drew "working" at the Aurora office is so funny.  I'll bet they're just doodling most of the time and shooting balled up paper into a basket ball net on the garbage can. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Sigh.  Elizabeth could hardly tell Jake that she asked Jason to give him up as a baby, Lucky was a drug eating and cheating whore which is why he's the legal father, Sam wanted him dead and gone and Jason asked for the kid's kidney and he was alive at the time!  Sam can hardly tell Jake or Danny all of the shit she did in 2007 or that she's been quite happy to have Alice/Monica raise her children....blah blah blah.

Because poor, poor Liz couldn't just tell Lucky while he was in rehab she knew about him sleeping with Maxie, she was having another man's baby and was leaving him.  Loved it when Sam and Lucky were thrown under the Jason "Stone Cold" Morgan Express. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Jason and Sonny both look so old!  

All I know is both have by far the worst skin on the show.  It's not just wrinkles. 

Edited by Hater

I cracked up laughing when MB leaned in to whisper the end of his line: "... smoke him out."  WTF kind of acting choice was that?  So weird.

Free Joss from the sister wife clothes (that top.)  Please.

TB is doing well with Kim.  I've stopped seeing her as a past Carly, so good for her.

• Love 1

Liz doesn't need to tell Jake all the ugly details of the past. But she and Sam also don't need to act like Jason  checking out of his sons' lives is proof of his love for them. It's not good to lie to your children.

Jake has room in his life for Jason as well as Drew and Franco and Danny is open to time spent with Jason while living with Sam and Drew. It's not a zero sum game.

And looking sad from across the room is not proof of Jason's love for anyone but his mob family.

• Love 12

What a lot of crap dialogue this episode. That dumb P.K. Sinclair story ends with the son killing the father, and "we can work with him," says Sonny. Yes, you do have an affinity for murderers, Sonny. Ugh.

Then we have Ava getting moony over getting her badly applied bronzer removed, and everything will be totes okay! Her looks are the most important thing.

And there's Michael with his reaction to being the father of Nelle's baby. That sop about his gut feeling telling him the baby was his doesn't fly with me, Show. You still had Michael call Nelle unstable, and now she's going from inept schemer to pregnant lunatic. Ugh.

I liked the sex talk Kim had with Oscar better than the one Carly had with Joss. For one thing, it sounded like Kim's talk was more of a reminder of what they'd discussed earlier. She's right that if you can't say the words "having sex," you aren't ready to do it. I agree with everyone who says 14 is too old for Joss to be hearing about the emotional side of sex for the first time. I also thought Oscar's reaction to Kim wanting to talk about this at Kelly's was spot on. So embarrassed and wanting the floor to open up and swallow him. Hee.

Sonny asking Carly if it was too early for wine was rich coming from the man who drinks constantly and is apparently on bipolar medication.

Now GH is wading into gender-identification issues? Oh, dear. And there's no way a private party thrown the same night as a school dance would be grounds for suspension. A better story would be Joss, Oscar, and their friends cross-dressing to the dance. Fight the patriarchy in the belly of the beast, to mix metaphors.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What a lot of crap dialogue this episode. That dumb P.K. Sinclair story ends with the son killing the father, and "we can work with him," says Sonny. Yes, you do have an affinity for murderers, Sonny. Ugh.

Then we have Ava getting moony over getting her badly applied bronzer removed, and everything will be totes okay! Her looks are the most important thing.

And there's Michael with his reaction to being the father of Nelle's baby. That sop about his gut feeling telling him the baby was his doesn't fly with me, Show. You still had Michael call Nelle unstable, and now she's going from inept schemer to pregnant lunatic. Ugh.

I liked the sex talk Kim had with Oscar better than the one Carly had with Joss. For one thing, it sounded like Kim's talk was more of a reminder of what they'd discussed earlier. She's right that if you can't say the words "having sex," you aren't ready to do it. I agree with everyone who says 14 is too old for Joss to be hearing about the emotional side of sex for the first time. I also thought Oscar's reaction to Kim wanting to talk about this at Kelly's was spot on. So embarrassed and wanting the floor to open up and swallow him. Hee.

Sonny asking Carly if it was too early for wine was rich coming from the man who drinks constantly and is apparently on bipolar medication.

Now GH is wading into gender-identification issues? Oh, dear. And there's no way a private party thrown the same night as a school dance would be grounds for suspension. A better story would be Joss, Oscar, and their friends cross-dressing to the dance. Fight the patriarchy in the belly of the beast, to mix metaphors.

Now and forever, Fuck off Sonny!

And yes, show, Ava's outward appearance is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for her. As it should be for all wimmens. <SkipperBitch eyeroll>  Not getting back to her toddler child and strengthening her relationship with Lauren. Her face! That will fix everything!

Now Nelle is delusional and Michael is just grand. Blech.

Kim was great with Oscar. She actually sounded like a parent who is an doctor. Her rushing off to yell and Drew was weird. Why wouldn't she just question Oscar and hear his story? Best acting out of the teen who plays Oscar too. He really did look like he just wanted to die, rather than talk about sex. I also liked Julian with Kim this week. Who knew?

Fuck off Carly and Sonny. Too bad this shitty show ruined a great chance to look into Carly's teen days with that terrible Reese/real Carly crap. It could've been an interesting story to look at. Have Caroline to go her high school reunion and run into the real Carly. Let it all come out. Have Sonny/Michael find out about "affair" and the what actually happened. Was C Benson a willing teen vamp or was she a troubled teen who was lured into a sexual relationship with her bestie's married and troubled father? It could be very interesting to see where Sonny stood on the story. 

Too bad Joss and Oscar have almost zero chance of having friendson screen. So I don't care about people I never met, much less seen.

Why yes, show, St. JASUS is the bestest dad out there. He has never been around for Jake. But he "loves" him. By not being around. By choosing Sonny over Jake. Every time it came up. Same can also be said for Danny. 

I do love the fact that Jake was conflicted and worried about getting to know Jason. That he felt like he would be betraying Drew. 

Too bad I just hate this Jason is perfect crap. I think that I need equal time of Monica/Drew if I must be subjected to Jason/Sonny. Just because. Monica deserves at least one living kid that actually shows his love, affection and respect of to her.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

A better story would be Joss, Oscar, and their friends cross-dressing to the dance.

Totally thought that's where Joss was going with that conversation.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LillyB said:

jason, if you gave a damm about your son, just go into Kelly's and talk to him, it really isn't that hard/

But you don't understand! Jason loves his son so much! [/sarcasm]

I'm worried Jake invites Jason to the thing at school, they go together, Carly, Sonny, Michael call him, sorry, kid! My real family is calling. I'll wave to you through the window next time I see you and look at you with very sad, watery eyes. Bye now!

That Drew/Jake scene was really sweet. I find that BM has a really good rapport with the kids. Even Oscar isn't half so bad when they're in scenes together. 

I wish GH wouldn't touch upon social issues. They made a mess of the Kristina story. You know writers, the girl she fell in love with did not have to be her teacher. They should have skipped the opioid storyline completely. I'm glad Joss and Oscar are standing up for a friend who is bullied for wanting to be as they are, but the writers are highly incompetent, so I'm sure there will be cringing and facepalming along the way.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Now GH is wading into gender-identification issues?

With an off-screen character. 

Cameron?

Seriously that would actually work and be shocking since we barely see the character.  But then that would take away attention from Jake, the only child of Liz that the show wants to focus on.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Now GH is wading into gender-identification issues? Oh, dear. And there's no way a private party thrown the same night as a school dance would be grounds for suspension.

Yeah, I'd think the principal is using "disrespect for authority" for organizing an alternate Pride Prom Come-As-You-Are Party at the same time. With this, gender-specific dress, and enabling transphobia bullying, this can get shut down faster than Sonny and Jason killing Faison and Faison Jr, and that's with a call to Lambda Legal, and unlike Diane "You violated my client's Third Amendment rights and I'm going to bust you down to janitor" Miller, they DO have some swift ninja legal moves.

Now, if only Joss knew who had a private space, perhaps a ballroom in a hotel, that could hold the dance....

Is it me, or did I expect Sonny to lean over the laptop and mumble, "Cesar Faison's Son....... come out and plaaaaayyyyyyy......"?

• Love 1

I don't need see Sonny and Carly - a mobster and his enabler - harassing and bullying a high school principal, even if they are on the right side of the issue.

I doubt we're even going to see this anti-ball.  If we do, it'll be Carly smugly satisfied as the chaperone, or Joss and Oscar (a.k.a. Starr and Cole 2.0) dancing blandly.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't need see Sonny and Carly - a mobster and his enabler - harassing and bullying a high school principal, even if they are on the right side of the issue.

Same here. Sonny and Carly are harassers and bullies themselves. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Because poor, poor Liz couldn't just tell Lucky while he was in rehab she knew about him sleeping with Maxie, she was having another man's baby and was leaving him.  Loved it when Sam and Lucky were thrown under the Jason "Stone Cold" Morgan Express. 

Lucky clearly can't handle shit, because he bought a bag of pills and was about to start using on the docks until he saw Jason.  The POS dumped Cam and Aiden at Christmas to run off to stare at rocks in Ireland, so I have no doubt that Lucky would have continued using drugs if not for Elizabeth's pregnancy with Jake.

• Love 1

What the fuck did I just watch? And how is it fair that even in the midst of Dream! Ava calling everyone out for their sins, we STILL don't get an explicit mention of Sonny murdering AJ?

Morgan looked like he had been moonlighting as a werewolf in his time away from PC, and his scenes were unnecessarily long and boring, but whatever, I hope Bryan Craig enjoys cashing that paycheck. Adult! Avery was pretty (though naturally she had to favor Sonny with her dark hair and eyes) and the actress was decent in her small role. Her reappearance as the bartender just underscored how campy the episode was, and I think the overall tone was too silly and not indicative of Ava having a legitimate crisis of conscience. It didn't feel like Ava reflected on her past and how it would affect her future choices, it was more like "well, that was weird, but I'm healed now, so cheers!" This episode was just an odd way to address something that's previously been treated seriously.

• Love 7

Well, that was............interesting.  I missed yesterday's show so I don't know if there was any lead up to this, but I was confused at first.  Then it hit me that this was the Ava Show today, so I didn't need to know anything.

Was that the actress who played Connie, or someone who resembled her?  There was something off about her, but maybe it was just because I hadn't seen that character in a long time.

Just now, AuxArx said:

Was that the actress who played Connie, or someone who resembled her?  There was something off about her, but maybe it was just because I hadn't seen that character in a long time.

It was Megan Ward, the original Kate/Connie.  I guess Kelly Sullivan was busy?

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

And how is it fair that even in the midst of Dream! Ava calling everyone out for their sins, we STILL don't get an explicit mention of Sonny murdering AJ?

This.

Exactly what I came here to post; glad you beat me to it.

• Love 5

I'm glad MW got her Emmy-bait episode, but wow, there was way too much yelling by Ava.

LOL that Lauren and Griffin are still wearing their masks even though the operation is long over and the room doesn't need to be sterile.

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was Megan Ward, the original Kate/Connie.

It was? Without her world-peace-bringing bob, I hardly recognized her. (She wasn't a blonde as Kate, at any rate.) And her voice sounded different—higher, lighter?

• Love 4

That was okay until the spotlight stuff.

BC/MW chemistry is a reminder that Ava/Griffin is a poor substitute.

Cool, they brought back the better Kate. Probably not on purpose though.

It's weird. The writers know how hypocritical Carly and Sonny are and use it to their advantage in this episode, but in a few episodes they'll expect it to forget about it again as Carly gives maternal advice to Joss.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

What the hell was that?  Why the hell was that?  I am not a Morgan fan at ALL, but omg could he and Nicholas pop up at some point and explain that they are not dead, and then go back to wherever it is they are hiding, so that we can stop having the "you killed Morgan" from half the PC population and "you killed Nicholas" from the other half of the PC population.  And don't get me started on the "you made a deal with the man who killed Nicholas" complaint.  I just don't frickin' care.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

What a wierd and unecessary episode.  What exactly was I supposed to take away from it?  

That MW should get another emmy?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's weird. The writers know how hypocritical Carly and Sonny are and use it to their advantage in this episode, but in a few episodes they'll expect it to forget about it again as Carly gives maternal advice to Joss.

I was going to say something similar.  Why make the subtext text if you're still going to portray Carly and Sonny as the hypocritical dicks they've always been?  And, as Linny said, still pull punches by not specifically noting Sonny's murder of AJ?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was going to say something similar.  Why make the subtext text if you're still going to portray Carly and Sonny as the hypocritical dicks they've always been?  And, as Linny said, still pull punches by not specifically noting Sonny's murder of AJ?

It's strange that absolutely no one has mentioned it. Sonny and Carly won't tell, of course, but Michael hasn't felt the need to mention it to Jason that, oh by the way, Sonny murdered your brother? That wasn't one of the first things out of Ava's mouth when Jason predictably washed his hands of her CarSon told him Ava's role in Morgan's death? Sam, Liz, Diane hasn't thought to tell him?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That MW should get another emmy!

I adore Maura, and 99% of the time she can spin poop into gold.  But this just seemed an unecessary episode since she'll still be the town pariah tomorrow.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

OL that Lauren and Griffin are still wearing their masks even though the operation is long over and the room doesn't need to be sterile.

Ironically, they weren't wearing masks before the surgery, when they should have been, but were wearing them after when they didn't need to.  Also, where I come from, Ava would not have woken up in the surgical room, but in a recovery room.  

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 0:59 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Jason did not want to fight about money and Sam was not asking for a huge settlement so there was no need for such and adversarial attitude. 

Diane has been painted over the years as opportunistic and materialistic to an extreme. Not that there's anything wrong with that--she loves her designer purses and shoes--but Diane seems to be envious of people who have money, especially if it was inherited or made illegally. I don't think she is capable of love, just control, which she takes pleasure in when being an attorney for or against rich people.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can very honestly say that I did not understand today's episode at all.

+1

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

BC/MW chemistry is a reminder that Ava/Griffin is a poor substitute.

+1

OK yea I literally have no idea what I watched. I will admit though that I thought BC and MW still had it and I miss Ava/Morgan. And the Avery actress was good, even if what she said made me want to murder the writers.

I thought Connie was Megan Ward at first, but then I second-guessed it because she was, well, really super bad and I feel like I remember her being good. Or at least OK. But like that was bad.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4