Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The issue shouldn't have been custody, it should've been that Lulu wanted to have HER MOTHER'S RAPIST'S child.  And thought Dante should be totally on board with that.  That's disgusting.  

I can see why it wouldn't be a big deal to her. Her father also raped her mother .

• Love 1

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on this. Sam kisses Jason and doesn't tell Drew and it's NOT a topic that's on her mind? Hell, it's not a topic at all. Has this ever happened in the history of soaps? A character kisses a man while proclaiming love for another and it's all good? This character isn't seen as wrong or guilty? 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on this. Sam kisses Jason and doesn't tell Drew and it's NOT a topic that's on her mind? Hell, it's not a topic at all. Has this ever happened in the history of soaps? A character kisses a man while proclaiming love for another and it's all good? This character isn't seen as wrong or guilty? 

Maybe it comes out at the "dream" wedding? Maybe Sam is in deep "denial" over everything and is pushing it all down?

They are intentionally writing it this way and I think it has to do with not wanting to really visit Jason and Sam again naturally. Them coming together purely based on their "powerful love." I think they will be revisited once Drew loses his memories.  But that's just my theory since I have other ideas about why it's being written this way.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Carly was so stupid to give Joss such a matronly dress to wear for the dance.  There is no way that a teenage girl would want to wear that dress to a semi-formal dance it was more fitting to wear to church.  The dress that Joss borrowed from her friend was, in my opinion, appropriate but too old for her.  She is only 14 years old.  Carly was right to find a compromise dress but did it need to be an expensive designer dress.  Carly was so worried about other girls harassing Joss if she wore that black dress does she not realize her daughter could be hassled by her jealous classmates if she show up wearing a designer dress.  God, high school is an emotional and social minefield.  She would have been better off taking Joss to Wyndam's and finding a dress together.  

Why is Joss even going to public school? Does PC not have private schools? You would think with Sonny's money Joss would be in a private school with the children of other crooks, like politicians, Wall Street brokers, CEOs, etc. Also for Joss's safety. Suppose an enemy of Sonny's were to kidnap her?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

Also for Joss's safety. Suppose an enemy of Sonny's were to kidnap her?

Somehow it seems typical of Sonny's stupidity that visitors to the house have to go by Max or Milo because it's so dangerous but Joss goes to a public school.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

Why is Joss even going to public school? Does PC not have private schools? You would think with Sonny's money Joss would be in a private school with the children of other crooks, like politicians, Wall Street brokers, CEOs, etc. Also for Joss's safety. Suppose an enemy of Sonny's were to kidnap her?

It is strange because Michael, Morgan, Kristina and Molly all went to private school. However in this case, it is a decision that Carly and Jax should be making as Joss is their daughter. Maybe Joss begged to go to school with all her friends in public school.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Danny could get shot by accident by Jason and Sam wouldn't blame him.

I actually don't think that's true. Danny has been Sam's line in the sand with Jason since his conception. She left him when he couldn't accept the pregnancy and she served him with divorce papers when she thought the baby had died.  She reunited with him only after he got Danny back and changed his attitude/behavior. Jason getting Danny shot/killed would irreparably damage them. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Sam did tell Drew about the kiss. Or was there another one since NYE?

She hasn't said anything to him.  She hasn't flashed back to the kiss and brought it up with Jason when she asked for a divorce.  She did tell Alexis though that the kiss was like "going back." 

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I could swear a Sam/Jason kiss was discussed. I remember Sam saying it didn’t mean anything. Am I hallucinating this? (Note: It’s entirely possible the show has finally broken me.)

She told Drew that her being alone with Jason didn’t mean anything but she also said nothing happened. She told Alexis they kissed.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I actually don't think that's true. Danny has been Sam's line in the sand with Jason since his conception.

That was true back then. But in the divorce meeting Sam gave Jason complete dominion over Danny should anything happen to her because he loves with his whole heart  apparently   forgetting about Jason's reactions to her pregnancy when he thought it was a result of rape as well as his complete rejection of his birth family  no matter how much it hurt them.

Sam is again completely delusional about Jason.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, LexieLily said:

Like a My Sister's Keeper situation?

Yeah.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Are we allowed to post links to pieces we have written and posted on fanfiction.net in the fanfic thread? 

Yes, you can post whole stories in the thread if you want.

• Love 1

Sam is absolutely in the wrong with that kiss.  I don't fault her for the actual kiss, she is in a really "messy" (or it should be messy, but this is GH so it's just kind of disheveled) situation.  I fault her for LYING about it to Drew after.  And I say this as a Sam fan, but she fucked up and it's her own fault if it comes back to bite her.

Also, fuck you show for continuously only letting Sam yell at Alexis.  One of the ONLY people really in HER corner.   It's not cute.  Especially after she JUST sat there like a log when she should have tore Carly's stupid smug face off for her NYE stunt.   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

Also, fuck you show for continuously only letting Sam yell at Alexis.  One of the ONLY people really in HER corner.   It's not cute.  Especially after she JUST sat there like a log when she should have tore Carly's stupid smug face off for her NYE stunt. 

I think with Alexis for continually trying to undermine or going behind Sam’s back to interfere in relationship with Jason. she doesn’t even know that Alexis has already went to Jason and told him to stay away from Sam and Danny. It just Sam’s natural reaction to a fight she has had many, many times with her mother. Plus nothing Sam has confided in Alexis hinted that she wanted Jason to stay away from Danny. It made the divorce proceedings much more difficult than it needed to be. 

• Love 2

Why do they keep yammering about avocado toast?  Molly mentioned it the other day, and I think Dianne and Alexis said something about it before going into Julian's bar.  Is avocado toast a California thing?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I think with Alexis for continually trying to undermine or going behind Sam’s back to interfere in relationship with Jason. she doesn’t even know that Alexis has already went to Jason and told him to stay away from Sam and Danny. It just Sam’s natural reaction to a fight she has had many, many times with her mother. Plus nothing Sam has confided in Alexis hinted that she wanted Jason to stay away from Danny. It made the divorce proceedings much more difficult than it needed to be. 

Yeah,  I think Sam did have a reason to be angry, it's just infuriating as a Sam fan that Alexis is constantly the only one she ever raises her voice to when she is zen to everyone else.   I do think it's realistic unfortunately for kids to take shit out on their moms, but when the writing is so slanted it gets annoying.    There are a few people in town that deserved to be reamed out by her on many occasions, and it never happened.  I am just frustrated.

• Love 9

What annoyed me about the divorce negotiations was that Alexis and Diane did not go over their lists of demands with their clients before the meeting.  Sam and Jason were both blindsided by Alexis bringing up the issue of the custody of Danny.  Diane was not going to bring it up at all.  I really hated Diane in those scenes.  I know she represents Jason but she was so nasty towards Sam and Drew in regards to Jason's mob money.  Jason did not want to fight about money and Sam was not asking for a huge settlement so there was no need for such and adversarial attitude. 

• Love 10

Diane had been nonstop revolting and unprofessional towards Drew since  Jason got back. Sure she makes more money from Jason but that's no excuse for  her shrieks of "It's all Jason's! Give it back!" and the vitriol and contempt she's given Drew and anyone who supported him.

Alexis was wrong to go to Jason behind Sam's back but it's a normal reaction from a mother who wants to keep her daughter and grandchildren safe. And keep them from being hurt emotionally as Jason has in the past. It's also really small potatoes compared to what Carly and Diane did.  Jason got back.

However it's really immature of Sam and Jason not to think about what would happen to Danny if anything happened to Sam and Jason. What if Carly decided that she and Sonny should be raising Jason's child?  I'm sure she and Diane wouldn't hesitate to take Drew to court for custody. Diane' s already treating Danny like a commodity,  proposing Jason get full custody.

It's Alexis' job as both Sam's lawyer and Danny's grandmother to do what's best for him. Sam needs to get her head out of her ass and think about her son. And she needs to grow the hell up and stop acting like a three year old and blaming her mother while giving everyone else a pass.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9

Sam blaming Alexis for...well, anything...is so 2006. I'll forever hate Alexis' immortal words to Ric all those years ago: "When I was 16..."

Thank God Hulu has now acquired the rights to all 15 seasons of ER! I know which hospital show I'll be watching.

• Love 3

I may be naive but was Joss’s dress inappropriate for a 14 (or however the character or actress is) year old? I’ve seen other people’s kids on Facebook wearing shorter & more revealing things for their formal proms and/or dances. I’m in my 50’s and I didn’t think the dress a big deal. What was I missing?

• Love 8

Sam sounded like the mind numbing idiot she always has been when it comes to Jasus.  When I actually see the man attempting to be a father on screen than maybe her words will hold some weight but she was probably speaking for herself and his beautiful "self-less love" she admires so much.  Gag.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why do they keep yammering about avocado toast?  Molly mentioned it the other day, and I think Dianne and Alexis said something about it before going into Julian's bar.  Is avocado toast a California thing?

The writers are all based in or around NYC and the show is set in upstate NY, whatever's up with that, that's probably not it.

@ByaNose clearly the same thing I’m missing because I also didn’t see anything  wrong with it.  In fact I thought the first one was worse (the red one she wore the other day). It was less revealing but much too short. I thought the black dress was really nice. And he’s, ive also seen young girls in much worse.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m in my 50’s and I didn’t think the dress a big deal. What was I missing?

Carly's need to control everyone around her, especially her children.

And the demonstration of how great a husband and father Sonny is that he could fix this for Joss who isn't even his child. Who needs Jax?

Especially when you can just throw money at the problem. Why exactly does a 14 year old need a designer dress to go to a school dance?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Carly's need to control everyone around her, especially her children.

And the demonstration of how great a husband and father Sonny is that he could fix this for Joss who isn't even his child. Who needs Jax?

Especially when you can just throw money at the problem. Why exactly does a 14 year old need a designer dress to go to a school dance?

I know they were trying to send the message. They wanted to address the stigma that dressing too provocative can/will cause unwanted sexual advances and such. I understand that but the dress was probably one of the more   concervitive dresses I’ve seen on Daytime. That said, it’s really the older woman on the soaps who are wearing those outfits and I guess they were talking about the young girls in general. Now, I’m curious what the designer approved dress that Carly is buying looks like. I’m so glad I don’t believe this is really life or anything. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2

I hope they weren't seriously trying to sell the idea that Joss putting on a fashionable dress makes her responsible for how the boys in her school think about her and how they act towards her . That idea was disproved when even I was 14 back in 1969. It's 2018 and the message to teen girls should be "Respect yourself and don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with" not "If you dress fashionably,  boys will think you're a slut."

I honestly have no idea what they were going for in that scene other than to show how understanding Sonny  is and Carly/ Joss filler.

• Love 8

I think this whole thing is the usual hamfistedness in trying to address a current social issue. And as usual, the writers get it badly wrong. GH trying to trumpet respecting women is ironic, to say the least, given how the women on the show—characters and actresses—are so dumped on.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think this whole thing is the usual hamfistedness in trying to address a current social issue. And as usual, the writers get it badly wrong. GH trying to trumpet respecting women is ironic, to say the least, given how the women on the show—characters and actresses—are so dumped on.

The show that slut shamed women characters for getting raped, before there was a phrase for it, and celebrated pet characters stepping out on their husband and children for the latest new male character, for 40 years, is now going to lecture us on how to treat women?

LOL

• Love 4

Today’s a rare day. I’m home at lunch on a weekday. 

I sat down with my homemade BBQ ranch chicken salad, and I turn the tv on. I had been watching GMA this morning, so ABC popped right up. 

Here’s what transpired in the next 1.3 seconds:

Me (to self):  Man, I’m still nostalgically attached to GH. Let’s check in to see what’s happening. 

Screen goes from black to Sonny, Old School Scowly Jason, and Spinoza. Or whatever his name is. 

Me: [click] Nope, I not nostalgic for that. 

Seriously, the only good things to happen on this show over the last 3/4 years was the reduction of GH’s version of the Rat pack to just Sonny the Rat and the complete elimination of Port Upchuck, which was sexism all wrapped in a jean and t-shirt with barely passable music skills package.  And in this year where the dialogue is finally turning a page to talk about the representation of women in media, how their voices and stories should be told, and the framework that puts men above women in wages because of stereotypes, and assumptions, and just plain sexism, we see the return of 3 amoralistic characters played by 3 actors with acting skills that range from barely trying, trying on occasion, to downright annoying. 

Hard pass. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 8

Shut uppppp, Diane. Sonny's right, she's a pain in the ass. She needs to remember that Jason pays her bills and stick to doing her job, not sticking her nose into his personal business like she knows anything about his or Sam's emotional states.

Bless Kim for her measured response to Carly's freakout over the condoms. The gall of Carly to blame Oscar for any potential sex when she found the condoms in her daughter's backpack is just unbelievable.

Finn and Alexis dishing over doughnuts was unexpected but enjoyable. I liked that it was a pairing we haven't really seen before, and I liked that we got a glimpse into their perspectives as recovering addicts. It's important that they're both committed to rebuilding their lives on the path of sobriety, and that shouldn't be buried underneath their romantic entanglements.

I want to give Felicia a hug for describing Anna talking to Sonny and Jason as "fraternizing with hoodlums." It's rare for a character to be allowed to speak so candidly.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I hope they weren't seriously trying to sell the idea that Joss putting on a fashionable dress makes her responsible for how the boys in her school think about her and how they act towards her . That idea was disproved when even I was 14 back in 1969. It's 2018 and the message to teen girls should be "Respect yourself and don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with" not "If you dress fashionably,  boys will think you're a slut."

Carly was more concerned about the other girls in school labeling Joss a slut.   The boys may make comments and have "impure thoughts" about a girl in a more "mature" dress because men can be pigs.  However, the other girls can be vicious when in comes to judging each other.  This often leads to young women being bullied by their peers.  Social media makes this bullying so much worse because it follows you 24 hours a day and you can't get away from it.  Some girls are able to emotionally handle these attacks but many can not and it destroys their self esteem.  Sadly, it ends up killing many of these girls.  As I stated in a previous post, high school is an emotional minefield.  I don't think any of us make it out without some type of deep emotional scar.  I think Carly was talking from her own experience and wanted to shield Joss from that kind scrutiny form her peers. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, seasons said:

Sheesh. Felicia needs a deep conditioner or some kind of intensive hair treatment. That over-processed ponytail was so distracting and pissed me off. lol.

I want to haul both her and Lulu to a good salon for a trim and a keratin treatment.

Spinelli is insufferable. If SBu had to drag a buddy from his "band" onto the show, I wish it was Brandon Barash.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Finn and Alexis dishing over doughnuts was unexpected but enjoyable.

Best thing on this show for a loooooooooong time.  I did laugh at Alexis picking small pieces of her donut and Finn just shoving it right in, Ha!

• Love 10
On 1/14/2018 at 0:29 PM, ciarra said:

I envy you for being able to ask this question.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2018 at 3:48 PM, ByaNose said:

I may be naive but was Joss’s dress inappropriate for a 14 (or however the character or actress is) year old? I’ve seen other people’s kids on Facebook wearing shorter & more revealing things for their formal proms and/or dances. I’m in my 50’s and I didn’t think the dress a big deal. What was I missing?

I have a feeling the writer and the the costume designer were not on the same page. That dress was described as not only being inappropriate for Joss' age, but one that would somehow make all the boys would immediately assault her and the girls would gasp in horror at the town whore. In other words, they described a Mariah Carey strapless mini, but showed us a blah Taylor Swift frock. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Finn and Alexis dishing over doughnuts was unexpected but enjoyable. I liked that it was a pairing we haven't really seen before, and I liked that we got a glimpse into their perspectives as recovering addicts. It's important that they're both committed to rebuilding their lives on the path of sobriety, and that shouldn't be buried underneath their romantic entanglements.

I am legit looking forward to watching this. The show really needs to mix the cast more, and this is a good, natural way (for a change) to do it.

• Love 7

I only caught the last couple of minutes, but the Alexis/Finn scene seemed pretty decent.

13 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I envy you for being able to ask this question.

Well, don't keep us in suspense. What's with avocado toast?!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I only caught the last couple of minutes, but the Alexis/Finn scene seemed pretty decent.

Well, don't keep us in suspense. What's with avocado toast?!

It's considered a millennial fad, although I think its time has come and gone. It's basically guac on toast.

• Love 5

So Peter comforts a distraught employee by hugging her? Granted Lulu hugged him first and he seemed uneasy, but he didn’t exactly push her away. 

I blame sponelli for a lot, including overreacting to most everything but the look on his face in that scene was spot on. Otter than that, go to hell Spinelli. You can be concerned about Maxie’s well being without going crazy and being territorial over her having cramps and going to the hospital. You’re not her husband.

speaking of go to hell, diane can join him anytime. When did it become a lawyers job to meddle in her client’s personal life and tell him his ex will never be happy without someone else? And calling drew ungrateful?  What did Jason ever do for him that he’s supposed to be grateful for?  Drew and Sam are paying Jason back for the company and they all agreed to sell the penthouse and split the proceeds. Sam even offered to move out and give it back to Jason. So what exactly did he ‘give’ them? Drew is the one who had his entire life erased so he could become Jason, without having any say in the matter. 

Really liked the Finn and Alexis scene. It was fun. But I’m not sure why he was at an AA meeting when his problem is drugs? Shouldn’t he have been at an NA Meeting? Or is it common to mix and mingle the two?

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So Peter comforts a distraught employee by hugging her? Granted Lulu hugged him first and he seemed uneasy, but he didn’t exactly push her away. 

Well, they have to start the, "Lulu turns to Peter for comfort when Dante throws his weight around about her reporting job, only for Lulu to find out that he's Faison's son and be horrified" story.  Cuz you know it's coming.  

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I blame sponelli for a lot, including overreacting to most everything but the look on his face in that scene was spot on. Otter than that, go to hell Spinelli. You can be concerned about Maxie’s well being without going crazy and being territorial over her having cramps and going to the hospital. You’re not her husband.

speaking of go to hell, diane can join him anytime. When did it become a lawyers job to meddle in her client’s personal life and tell him his ex will never be happy without someone else? And calling drew ungrateful?  What did Jason ever do for him that he’s supposed to be grateful for?  Drew and Sam are paying Jason back for the company and they all agreed to sell the penthouse and split the proceeds. Sam even offered to move out and give it back to Jason. So what exactly did he ‘give’ them? Drew is the one who had his entire life erased so he could become Jason, without having any say in the matter. 

Really liked the Finn and Alexis scene. It was fun. But I’m not sure why he was at an AA meeting when his problem is drugs? Shouldn’t he have been at an NA Meeting? Or is it common to mix and mingle the two?

Jasus' choir will not be happy until Sam goes crawling back on her hands like the good old Jasus' minion that she is deep down inside.  Then you'll see this talk stop.  It's the only aspect of the 'love story' Jasam have outside of the teary eyes and flashbacks.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4