Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I really hope Jason doesn't snake Curtis away from Drew. He tends to do that. 

Funny you should say that. I was just thinking that Curtis should grab Jason and have him check out that town.

I continue to be amazed that two identical track/academic stars living 50 minutes apart were never noticed during the high school years. Heck, if nothing else they would have been at some regional meet, or a Model U.N. situation, at the same time.  

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 1

Did Nathan not hear Obrecht say that if Faison found out that Nathan was his son, he'd kill Obrecht for keeping Nathan from him?  Because I heard that.  She explained that this was why she gave Nathan to her sister to raise, and then kept Nathan's father's identity a secret.  How does Nathan not understand this??  Because, I'll admit, I kind of like Obrecht, and I really don't want her to be killed off.  I don't want her running the hospital, but I like her turning up every once in a while.  She's got an edge to her, and I find it a nice break from everyone else. 

Is the guy who is playing Peter August LW's significant other?  Because damn, he looks at least ten years younger than her.  Well done, LW!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't have any social media presence. 

Fair enough. I have a friend who doesn’t either.  Although I suspect most people in Drew’s age bracket have at least some social media presence. And if he didn’t, fine. But at least make an effort! google the name and see what comes up.

• Love 4

Today pissed me off as a Samff. These writers can't even keep up with their own shit.

Sam didn't touch Jason's money while he was dead. Diane knew this cause she told Drew when he was thought to be Jason and Sam signed it all over to him.

Sam had money from her Everyday Heroes settlement and owned her own apartment.

So these writers can fuck off with this women needing men for everything bullshit.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Fair enough. I have a friend who doesn’t either.  Although I suspect most people in Drew’s age bracket have at least some social media presence. And if he didn’t, fine. But at least make an effort! google the name and see what comes up.

I think it's somewhat realistic for a non-retired Navy Seal on these top secret missions he was supposedly on. They didn't even let him have much contact with people that he actually knew, according to Kim.

• Love 1

I'm tired of Jason and his hangdog expression every time he looks at Sam but I am enjoying how much Carly and Diane are hurting Jason under the delusion that they are helping him.

I agree that all the flashbacks only make me think that's a relationship whose time has come and gone.

How does Drew have no income stream of his own for the past five years?  Has Sonny not been paying him? Why does everything belong to Jason?   Isn't New York a joint property state?

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I;m pretty sure the show doesn't want Sonny to look like the big bad that he is, so he doesn't deal with drugs or guns or protection money.  His crime family forces people to sell his coffee in their establishments.  

I burst out laughing at that scene. No wonder he runs a gummi bear mob.

Remember I said yesterday that every time I think that they couldn't make Lulu any worse, they find a way to? Outing Nathan has to be the worst idea ever. Not only is it exposing them all to danger, Maxie is going to blow a blood vessel  and that's not good for the baby.  (Maxie doesn't look like someone in her first trimester. She's five months if not more.)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Sam had money from her Everyday Heroes settlement and owned her own apartment.

So these writers can fuck off with this women needing men for everything bullshit.

Her money from what now?  Must have been one of the periods I stopped watching.  settlement sounds like...lawsuit? Inheritance? Not a job I'm guessing.  That doesn't feel a whole lot better. Honestly though Sam could shoot Sonny in the head and then punch Carly and I'd still wish she'd never come to GH.  Well....wait....let me picture it...yeah...still. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'd forgotten that Peter's last name is August, which is the 8th month. The Faison son alias in the book is Octavius, which obviously is also a reference to 8. (They mentioned that in Faison's original books, the Faison-like main character was an anagram of his own name, so I've been keeping my ear open for wordplay.)   

So that was enough to convince me that the guy who assigned a story all about finding Faison is the same revenge-minded son. Well, that, and his big soapy gulp when Lulu told him that a second son exists. 

Someone also pointed out the adopted son of Julius Caesar was Caesar Augustus/Octavian. I have to say the wordplay is not too bad from the writers.

5 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Is the guy who is playing Peter August LW's significant other?  Because damn, he looks at least ten years younger than her.  Well done, LW!

Yeah that is her SO. He's 7 years younger than her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Sam was so dense that she not only didn't realize that she needed a divorce from Jason but that they also need to have a custody agreement for Danny.

Or, as Alexis called him, Danny Morgan.  As opposed to all the other Dannys running around Port Charles.

Those flashbacks with Jasam left me cold, BUT I am thrilled that somehow the stupid Phoenix and Dragon figurines didn't make the cut.  Though they did manage to put one of Sam falling off her high heels.  Again.  Still.

What was with the ominous music as Julian was looking at the coffee?  Did Sonny not only force him to sell it but give him decaf????

Peter is soooo Faison's other son.  Can't wait til he holds Lulu at gunpoint and tells her he was just using her as a means to an end and she's not actually a good ~journalist. 

• Love 4

Aurora guy looks a lot like Jack Wagner, especially his chin and his smile.  His warmth towards Lulu is a complete 180 from when they met.

I'm still puzzling over Franco's tiny carton of milk in a household with 3 boys.  Are they all lactose intolerant?  Was Franco accidentally drinking the coffee creamer?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

I'm still puzzling over Franco's tiny carton of milk in a household with 3 boys.  Are they all lactose intolerant?  Was Franco accidentally drinking the coffee creamer?

LOL, that really bugged me.  A quart of milk?  That's not even enough for four bowls of cereal. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yup, she always knew.  I think we heard that she saw him a few times when she was younger, but as Dr. O said, he had little interest in her because she was a girl and it sounded like she spent most of her childhood in boarding schools and such. 

I really liked Britt's original attitude re: Faison, that he was a garbage person, there was no lingering "But I have to know him/her, they're my flesh and blood!" that we often get on soaps.  So her "He's actually not so bad!" attitude during her visits has been annoying to me.

Britt always knew that Faison was her father. But he had very little to do with her. Her being a useless girl child(according to TFGH) and she just had Dr. O as her parent. And Dr. O was obsessed with Faison and getting him to love her more that Anna. Which just makes this Nathan is Faison's son crap even dumber. And Britt made it pretty clear in her GH start that her mother was demanding and disappointed in her. She spent most of childhood in boarding schools. 

But actually like the fact that over the past couple of years that Britt has kind of grown fond of her father. And the the feeling seemed to be mutual. Faison wanted her to go with him, but she had grown tired of life on the run.

3 hours ago, MissL said:

Has Jason had ANY scenes with Liz since Christmas? Have they discussed Jake at all? He's one kid that took the news pretty hard shouldnt Drew and Jason be checking in on him? If for no other reason than to freak out Franco?  Maybe we get a glimpse of Cam and Aiden? Ha I know.   And I've given up asking about Monica.  Did Jason have a scene with Ned? How is this return already boring? 

Jason has not had one scene with Liz or Jake. I don't think that he or Drew has even mentioned Jake. Which could be a compelling story if the show decided to have Jake backslide behavior wise and have him talk to Kevin (or whoever was that child psychiatrist was before Andre). And have Liz throw the whole situation back at Jason AND Drew. Hell, have her say that she is thinking about have Franco adopt Jake. Because he has stayed around. Unlike either of them. And let that set up a Drew and Jason bonding quest of destroying Franco for good. 

Best part of today(and always!)? Curtis and his bestie, Drew! I laughed so hard out loud, I alarmed my dog. That hair quip? I was dying! 

Shut up Lulu.  Shut up Maxie. Shut up obvious Faison son, Peter 8. <SkipperBitch eyeroll>

Jebus. Why the hell is Diane not even close to being on the same page with Jason re: the divorce? What a waste of lawyer time. They should've gone over all of it before the meeting. That way Diane knows where to argue and where to agree. Why would she want to be hard hearted here? Jason could just say to write off Drew's transactions. Justification being this: it was Q money from their mutual father and grandparents. They would've set Drew up with the same trusts. Sam had legal rights to use that money anyway. She is Jason's legal spouse and the mother of his son, Danny. 

So, if Sam and Jason sell the penthouse, who buys it? Finn? Ned? Nina(if she and Valentin implode or as a present to her baby brother)? Laura and Kevin? Kim Nero? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MissL said:

Her money from what now?  

IMO, the Everyday Heroes money is always brought up to claim that Sam was somehow independent. I just think it's a cop out. Unfortunately, the show never took the time to truly develop Sam into a career-oriented woman. Her PI business on the side always seemed like more of a hobby. She spent most of her time as a victim to one of Jason's enemies or as Jason's sidekick. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, stlbf said:

So, if Sam and Jason sell the penthouse, who buys it? Finn? Ned? Nina(if she and Valentin implode or as a present to her baby brother)? Laura and Kevin? Kim Nero? 

Former residents:

Jason

Katherine Bell

Alexis.

Back to Jason.

Brenda

Courtney (maybe)

Sam

Spinelli (maybe Maxie for very short time)

Now Sam, Drew, Danny and Scout.

I wonder if Sonny still owns the PH across the hall with former owners were Tracy, Robert and Sean.

Jason has showed little interest in either of his kids so far, outside of dropping off some chew toys for Danny & art supplies for Jake.  Apparently Jason was suppose to respond differently to his son living with his wife's sexual assaulter, but I guess since his son acted like a 10 year old might act when he found out his daddy wasn't really his daddy...in typical Jasus fashion he plays martyr and gives up.  Oh well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

Everyday Heroes was a job Sam liked even if she got it due to an enemy of hers.

Ironically she lost it due to being run over by a drunk Monica.

Jasam didn't have a prenup so Sam could have taken Jason to the cleaners but she didn't. It is funny as hell that the woman that used to love money more than anything ends up paying for a new life with Jason's brother. I hope Diane takes her rooster ass over to visit the Q's and Michael next since everything Drew bought with Jason's money needs to be paid back and he bought ELQ back for the family or does that not count. Sam also needs her money back for Danny's medical bills.

• Love 3

Honestly. I would welcome Franco rubbing Drew's and Jason's faces in their neglect of Jake. And maybe it sparks something in them. Jason has always been about prioritizing issues. And why on earth wouldn't he decide that Franco(whom he has attacked since coming back to PC) should be eliminated from Sam's,  Liz's and Jake's lives pronto? Sam's marital status should be secondary to her safety. And Jason has made it clear that he views Franco as a danger to his supposed loved ones.

Liz needs to be calling Jason. Telling him he needs to make some effort. And go and talk to a therapist at the hospital for some guidance. Since Jason has kind of admitted that he doesn't know what to do with a freaked out and angry Jake. Liz needs to tell him to put up or shut up. Jake needs stability. So either needs to show up and be there, even when Jake is mean, scared or angry. 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

But at least make an effort!

He's never made much of an effort. I'll never understand it.

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Love it when they bust out pictures of SB's boyband days. Hee.

That hair! Good lord.

5 hours ago, MissL said:

That Jasam montage made me want to barf.

To me it showed that Sam has done most of the heavy lifting in that relationship, as is usually the case on GH. Ugh.

I was unmoved by the divorce stuff. Sorrowful staring is not emotion, Steve Burton!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's never made much of an effort. I'll never understand it.

That hair! Good lord.

To me it showed that Sam has done most of the heavy lifting in that relationship, as is usually the case on GH. Ugh.

I was unmoved by the divorce stuff. Sorrowful staring is not emotion, Steve Burton!

Honestly the only thing that moves me in Jason and Sam scenes is their cheesy theme or the sad music playing in the background.  Staring "passionately with tears in their eyes" is the go to because everything else is pretty lackluster (see kiss on NYE). 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I don't remember the Ordinary People Settlement. I'm assuming that that had something to do with Amelia being crazy? 

But I do remember the PI business. She did that full time, she paid for her half and Jason gave her money to take on Spinelli. From what I remember, St Jasus thought it would be safer for Spinelli and it gave him a break from being solely responsible for  Spin. I do think he also wanted to find a way to help Sam, but she didn't need the money and she didn't ask him for it. And she only stopped working there when Jason got his 14 millionth brain tumor while they were engaged.

I believe they revisited the PI business briefly under RC. But RC was actually less interested in wimmins having jobs/careers than Guza - And SA/JP were even worse.

As far as Sam living off Jason while he was "dead" -  I don't entirely understand Diane's complaint. Diane drafted Jason's will; Sam was his wife, and his primary beneficiary. Drew? That I get. It absolutely was not fraud, but it's irksome.  And "paying someone back" with profits from the business that you used their money to buy? Eh.

Mostly,  I just hate this Aurora Media business. If Sam and Drew had a shipping business or a security business or any business where he actually had a background it would irritate me a little bit less. But this Media company thing is bs. He's running a media company because Billy Abbott used to run a media company. But Drew? literally the only reason he owns this company is because of Jason's money. He's in no way qualified to run it and he's not bringing anything in particular to this business from his personal skillset. It's not even the honest nepotism of working for ELQ. It makes even less sense than Nina running Crimson, because at least Nina had Maxie there to do the actual work. And he just gets to keep it because Jason loves Sam.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Mostly,  I just hate this Aurora Media business.

Along with the WSB/Faison plot, this media business appears to be a pivot away from the mob stories.  I'd rather watch two characters who have never been seen reading become publishers than having to watch MB continually failing to pull off his woeful Al Pacinoesque tough-guy persona.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 9

They are paying him back. Sam really isn't getting shit from this divorce except money from the sale of the penthouse.

Drew should have been evil and blackmailed the hell out of Sason. He knows where all of the bodies are buried and what they really ship.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Jason has not had one scene with Liz or Jake.

I think you mean since he returned, and after that visit when he was behind bars, right? Because he did have a scene with Liz. But not Jake.

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

I don't think that he or Drew has even mentioned Jake.

Since he told him that he (Drew) wasn't his father, but uncle? That was a good scene. But yeah, I don't think they've shown anything since then.

If this was still a good soap, it would be incredibly soapy to have Jason try to explain to Jake why he was never a father to him before he was shot--to explain why he's so uncomfortable and unwilling to have a relationship with him now. Because Jason not seeing Jake or having a relationship with him is...normal. He never had one with him when he was a baby, and wasn't around when it was discovered he didn't die after all.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Blackie said:

Sam was so dense that she not only didn't realize that she needed a divorce from Jason but that they also need to have a custody agreement for Danny.

The divorce, yes, absolutely dumb to not realize she'd need to do that before she could marry another man. But custody of Danny, I'm sure she just understandably figured he'd be as passive and pointless as he's been with Jake. No worries, I'm sure he'll be a "matryr" and sign away his rights to Drew for Danny's own benefit like he tried to convince himself when he did it to Jake. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How does Drew have no income stream of his own for the past five years?  Has Sonny not been paying him? Why does everything belong to Jason?   Isn't New York a joint property state?

Because he was using the name Jason Morgan, so therefore everything belongs to Jason.

This might go best in the history thread but I'll ask here in case it belongs better here. According to canon (timeline issues notwithstanding) how many Lulu/Dante embryos were created and what happened to each of them? And they were all made after Stavros kidnapped Lulu and froze her, correct?

6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

This might go best in the history thread but I'll ask here in case it belongs better here. According to canon (timeline issues notwithstanding) how many Lulu/Dante embryos were created and what happened to each of them? And they were all made after Stavros kidnapped Lulu and froze her, correct?

If memory serves, three Lulu/Dante embroys were made prior to Lulu being kidnapped and frozen by Stavros, none were made after because of said freezer.  The first was implanted in Maxie, who had a miscarriage.  The second was implanted in Britt, who gave birth to Ben/Rocco.  The third was ransomed back to Lulu/Dante by Dr. O, but was later found not to be viable anymore.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, Sake614 said:

Because he was using the name Jason Morgan, so therefore everything belongs to Jason.

There's also the fact that he wasn't working for most of those five years. RC wasn't just bad writing careers and jobs for women, he was bad at it in general - ditto SA/JP. It's bizarre too because y&r and B&B are the two highest rated soaps and they have   business stories going at all times. People are always at work

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Then how is Charlotte Lulu's? Or was another egg stolen? This hurts my head.

Charlotte is what we once thought was the Stavros/Lulu embryo, Stavros stole an egg from Lulu when she was in the freezer that's separate from the Lulu/Dante embroys.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

People are always at work

well, they're at the office. Whether they're working is debatable lol! But point taken nonetheless. GH at least occasionally shows Sam, Nina and Maxie at Crimson.

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Charlotte is what we once thought was the Stavros/Lulu embryo, Stavros stole an egg from Lulu when she was in the freezer that's separate from the Lulu/Dante embroys.

Ahhh. Thanks @TeeVee329! I think I need to go to Wikipedia to figure out this convoluted inbred Cassadine tree.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

There's also the fact that he wasn't working for most of those five years. RC wasn't just bad writing careers and jobs for women, he was bad at it in general - ditto SA/JP. It's bizarre to because y&r and B&B are the two highest rated soaps and they have   business stories going at all times. People are always at work

I feel like I remember hearing something about Frons nixing business stories in general when Ron was over at OLTL, because Ron was trying to do stuff with Buchanan Enterprises.

16 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Trying to figure out the Charlotte thing still makes my head hurt.

Partly because she should be, max, just turning 4 years old.  I know we're supposed to overlook SORAS'ing, but in this case it's just ridiculous.  She's older than Rocco, FFS.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Benji said:

On a purely shallow note, Lulu's hair is so distracting. It's so long and bright blond and the way she wears it, just straight and splayed out over her shoulders, sometimes it's the only thing I can focus on during her scenes. And she's so petite, I feel the hair kind of overwhelms her. Hard to take her seriously.

Lulu's hair overwhelms her entire body, she's moving into Cousin It territory.

13 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew and Curtis have more light hearted chemistry than the supercouple "jasam."  They were adorable today.

They were the best part of the episode, whatever happens down the road, I hope they keep up their friendship, it's one of the few friendships on the show I can think of that seems real and natural imo

13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'd forgotten that Peter's last name is August, which is the 8th month. The Faison son alias in the book is Octavius, which obviously is also a reference to 8. (They mentioned that in Faison's original books, the Faison-like main character was an anagram of his own name, so I've been keeping my ear open for wordplay.)   

So that was enough to convince me that the guy who assigned a story all about finding Faison is the same revenge-minded son. Well, that, and his big soapy gulp when Lulu told him that a second son exists. 

I've been side-eyeing him from the beginning but yeah, that soapy gulp was the cherry on top.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dante was a total asshole to Julian, but I echo his "what the hell" reaction to Lulu's bonehead scheme to get Faison into town.  

Everyone is a total asshole to Julian. All it does is make me root for Julian more.

11 hours ago, LillyB said:

Shouldn't Sonny strong arming Julian into buying his coffee been on yesterday when most of us were wondering why Julian was serving Corinthos  coffee.

That was so weird because the day before they definitely showed the "Corinthos Coffee" little sign thingy on the bar, it seemed like they filmed the scenes out of order or something because it was there, front and center on the bar.

I was half waiting to see Julian open a bag of coffee and see some kind of drugs, as if Sonny was setting him up. But Sonny would never try to set up Julian rme. Would they just get rid of Sonny already? He's such a bore and the least intimidating person in the world.

• Love 4

The Aurora Media is just crap. Sure. It is all about giving Drew and Sam something non mob related. But the only points I'll give the writers is that they bought it/was gifted from Julian. It just doesn't make sense for Sam and Drew to even be attracted to running a media empire. Security? Absolutely! It would dovetail perfectly to their actual skill sets. Sam was a con artist/thief for much of her adult life. Drew was a Navy Seal and was a quasi enforcer for the Gummy Mob in the last couple of years. But media/entertainment? Meh.

At least Nina loved fashion. When has Sam ever shown an interest in media? She wasn't particularly excited with her stupid special  people show years ago.

Jason hasn't seen, mentioned or even thought about Jake since Christmas. Drew hasn't even said that much since the big reveal and promises of how he was still going to be in Jake's life. I don't even think that Drew even mentioned getting Jake(or Clay and Ashton) gifts. If the show wants drama, then why not do a troubled child story? Jake could easily touch on forcing Jason to step up as a parent. Danny is an easy young kid. He is cool with having 2 Dads. Jake has actual issues and realistic insecurities. And he should be fighting Jason. But Jason needs to learn how to actually deal with a kid who is screaming about not needing Jason. When in actuality he will need him. And he desperately needs Jason to stick around. Lucky hasn't. Thanks sjow! Now Drew is downgraded to Uncle. And it should be brought up that Drew made promises to stay in all of the Webber boys' lives. And has promptly disappeared from all boys' lives not named Jake. So why the hell shouldn't Jake be stressing out? It would be great soap to see Jake struggling and finally making Liz/Jason/Drew talk and make some decisions. It is cruel to just have Jason walk into Jake's life, say I'm your real Dad! And then he just stays away. Because Jake makes it hard. Liz should be looking for a new therapist and demanding that Jason and Drew need to grow up and visit with Jake. Consistently.  Perhaps even insisting on family therapy. I would love to see Liz call Jason and Drew out on their behaviors. Just have her say I don't care about your new job. I don't care about your search into your disappearance right now. The most important thing in world to me right now is our kid's mental and physical well being. And right now he is having major issues. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Partly because she should be, max, just turning 4 years old.  I know we're supposed to overlook SORAS'ing, but in this case it's just ridiculous.  She's older than Rocco, FFS.

I don't even like SORASing the live soap children but I understand it because soap. SORASing an embryo, on the other hand, that's a new one.

• Love 2

It was a big mistake for the show to (pointlessly) have Claudette pass her off as first Nathan's, then Griffin's.  That's what really messed things up when they later revealed she was from a stolen Lulu embryo because the timeline just doesn't work.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Thanks, TeeVee329. So there is NO Stavros/Lulu embryo out there now? Stavros didn't take multiple eggs from Lulu, did he? Please tell me there isn't a possibility of more non-consented-to-be-created Lulu children out there.

A question for anyone who can answer. Could Lulu's egg have been stored indefinitely or did it have to be fertilized with sperm in a certain amount of time to "take" as a viable embryo?

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was a big mistake for the show to (pointlessly) have Claudette pass her off as first Nathan's, then Griffin's.  That's what really messed things up when they later revealed she was from a stolen Lulu embryo because the timeline just doesn't work.

It doesn't work for either of the scenarios they presented. They failed so hard at this basic math. Isn't on-screen Charlotte supposed to be seven? Lulu Embryo Charlotte should be no more than four and Potential Nathan or Grifin Baby Charlotte needed to be ten according to the backstory TPTB had only just created.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So there is NO Stavros/Lulu embryo out there now? Stavros didn't take multiple eggs from Lulu, did he? Please tell me there isn't a possibility of more non-consented-to-be-created Lulu children out there.

A question for anyone who can answer. Could Lulu's egg have been stored indefinitely or did it have to be fertilized with sperm in a certain amount of time to "take" as a viable embryo?

I think that Stavros was sterile, and that's why Helena stole Valentin's sperm to fertilize Lulu's egg. She was going to pass the baby off as Stavros's, but Valentin somehow learned of it. stole the fertilized egg, and used Claudette as a surrogate. It sounds stupid when I type it all out like that. As for unfertilized eggs being stored, yes, it's possible. I've heard of women having it done before they undergo cancer treatment or even just because they think they might not be ready to have a child until they're old enough that getting pregnant the usual way would be difficult.

It's always visible, but a couple of days ago, there was a full close-up of Maxie's face and you could clearly see that she has a remnant of her skin issues from a while back on her left cheek. It's just a small darker patch covering what looks like a small pit or scar on her cheek, but it looks very similar to the way Ava's burn scar looks. Which makes me wonder if this is the 2018 version of AJ Is Fat; they make Maura's face up to look like Kirsten's then have Ava moan all the time about how hideous and deformed she is. I mean, probably not, but if it's just an inadvertent coincidence, then I'm not sure that's better. At best, it seems insensitive.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

but Valentin somehow learned of it. stole the fertilized egg, and used Claudette as a surrogate.

Has anyone on the show ever thought about or asked why Valentin wanted to bring to term a child with his nephew's half-sister? Why not just destroy the fertilized egg at that point?

• Love 2

Let's not forget that, around this time, Lulu was desperately, crazily searching for what she thought was her embryo with Stavros because she wanted to have the baby of a) her half-brother's father, b) the man who raped her mother, and c) the man who kidnapped her and put her in a freezer.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Let's not forget that, around this time, Lulu was desperately, crazily searching for what she thought was her embryo with Stavros because she wanted to have the baby of a) her half-brother's father, b) the man who raped her mother, and c) the man who kidnapped her and put her in a freezer.

Yeah, that didn't make sense either. Not even getting into what that would have done to Laura emotionally to see Lulu pregnant with Stavros' baby, if I recall Dante and even Kevin (!) were (nicely) squicked out about that aspect of it, too.

But Stavros was dead (right?!) and Lulu I'm sure assumed she and Dante could raise the child and mitigate all the potential Cassadine evil-ness.

Edited by LexieLily