Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

And keep her daughter from her for seven years. Any good qualities Charlotte has were most likely nurtured by Claudette.

I wasn't around for the Claudette episodes so I can't speak about her. But other than keeping Charlotte from Lulu,  I've been impressed by his parenting.  Charlotte clearly feels loved by him, she's open and loving herself and she's got manners. At this point he's beating out Carly,  Sonny, Ava, Jason and Lulu herself.

• Love 4

I know I said I wanted Kevin to have a non-Laura-focused story and for the show to focus on him having clients, but that didn't mean I meant Franco! Poor Kevin.

You know, if they actually had everyone at Laura and Kevin's wedding that was supposed to be there, they wouldn't have to be retroactively writing character excuses that make no sense. Elizabeth apologized for not being at the wedding because of the storm but perhaps she could have left her house earlier and made it there with the others if she hadn't been playing Star Wars toys with Franco and placating Franco/Jason.

• Love 5

LexieLily, you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.  Because, yeah, while poor Lucas (who?) was still being dispatched for off-screen character pickup at the airport, Liz was sitting around playing video games and Chester and Alec were locked in the attic, there was ZERO indication they were going, or even that she was bummed the snow was preventing them from going.

Even though I hated Kevin having to subject himself to Franco, I kinda didn't hate him talking about Ryan.  Maybe Ryan should show up, it'd give Jon Lindstrom something to do.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

LexieLily, you pretty much took the words out of my mouth.  Because, yeah, while poor Lucas (who?) was still being dispatched for off-screen character pickup at the airport, Liz was sitting around playing video games and Chester and Alec were locked in the attic, there was ZERO indication they were going, or even that she was bummed the snow was preventing them from going.

Even though I hated Kevin having to subject himself to Franco, I kinda didn't hate him talking about Ryan.  Maybe Ryan should show up, it'd give Jon Lindstrom something to do.

They've gone through the very short line-up of missing wedding guests now, at least. We'll never get a reason why Monica, any friends of Kevin, or any work colleagues he might be especially close to weren't there. And, of course, Rocco and Charlotte.

I about fell over when the writers remembered that Kevin did have a twin and his family history/secrets are just as twisted as Laura's in their own way. I also wouldn't hate Ryan making a few appearances. It would give Kevin and Laura something to do that for once dealt with his family instead of hers.

Previews: Charlotte is with Nina tomorrow, of course. Does Nina ever actually work or just hang out with Lulu's kid?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

How many times are we going to see the people close to Sam try to impede her plans and influence her thinking? Alexis is her mother so I'll give her some leniency (unlike Carly who needs to shut up forever), but telling Sam to hold off on the divorce doesn't feel at all congruous with her previous action of begging Jason to stay away from Sam. It's stupid that Sam has to repeatedly justify her choices to everyone as if her opinion isn't valid on its own and she needs approval from everybody around her. Just let her live her life, please.

I'm not sure how Liz can say people like her and Franco "play it safe" and "don't rock the boat" when we're talking about an infamous artist and SERIAL KILLER, but whatever. I hope they rock the boat until they capsize so that maybe I can be spared yo-yoing between Super Dad Franco and Tortured Soul Franco, because I am OVER that routine.

I still find the mayoral race more tedious than not and Olivia's enthusiastic involvement is really not helping to change my opinion.

• Love 7

Franco: what, you think a grown man chugging milk is weird?

Weird? Weird?? It's effing foul, that's what it is (he chugged straight from the carton). When he went out for more, I thought it was a ploy, and thought well at least he did it for a reason, but no, he really went out to get milk, he really just chugs stuff straight from the carton and everyone in the house is drinking his backwash aaaargh.

Jim (is that his name?) is probably the one who pushed Drew. Drew probably didn't want him to build an evil, evil stadium.

Carly: Was there a better guy than Jax?

Jason: um?

Hee. Jason is cracking me up every other episode, it's bizarre.

• Love 6

Monica probably really really wants Olivia to be first lady of PC so she can move to the mayor's mansion and change crap in that house instead of Monica's house.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
finish my thought
  • Love 15

Do mayors of cities really have a mayoral residence?  I thought that was just for governors and university presidents.

I wonder how LW feels about playing Carly these days.  She really is delusional if she thinks continuing to push Jason and Sam together is helping Sam.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Previews: Charlotte is with Nina tomorrow, of course. Does Nina ever actually work or just hang out with Lulu's kid?

Does she still have her job running Crimson, or has Drew&Sam put in a new editor.  One who has actual media experience.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

How many times are we going to see the people close to Sam try to impede her plans and influence her thinking? Alexis is her mother so I'll give her some leniency (unlike Carly who needs to shut up forever), but telling Sam to hold off on the divorce doesn't feel at all congruous with her previous action of begging Jason to stay away from Sam. It's stupid that Sam has to repeatedly justify her choices to everyone as if her opinion isn't valid on its own and she needs approval from everybody around her. Just let her live her life, please.

I did appreciate the parallel to Alexis/Julian though where her three daughters and some friends are always telling Alexis what to do about her love life.  Molly needs to serious dial it back now, especially considering her mobster uncle and father.

I'd be telling Sam to go ahead with the divorce, and hold off on the marriage for six months just to let everything settle down.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder how LW feels about playing Carly these days.

She probably likes it, especially since they've hired her boyfriend.

I was thinking though Carly still gets so much airtime for someone who basically isn't doing much. Gah.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Do mayors of cities really have a mayoral residence?  I thought that was just for governors and university presidents.

If the city is big enough—or someone has donated a house—yes. NYC has Gracie Mansion, for example.

Edited by dubbel zout
formatting
  • Love 1

Franco is gross. Why is he drinking milk out of the carton? Franco is a man-child. Someone needs to set that painting on fire. Did the show pay a lot of money for it that we have to see endless monologues about it?

If Molly doesn't want to see Julian anymore, maybe she should stop going to the place he owns, where she is sure to run into him. 

How many times does Sam have to say that she wants to be with Drew, marry Drew, that she loves Drew? Why is everyone standing there questioning her choice? If she wants to be with Jason, Jason is there, he loves her and he's available. Anyway . . .

I can't with the Ned/Olivia pairing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

In Port Charles they do, at least since the Luke and Laura days. In fact, I think Luke was standing on his mayoral balcony when he saw the returned-from-being-kidnapping Laura. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How many times does Sam have to say that she wants to be with Drew, marry Drew, that she loves Drew? Why is everyone standing there questioning her choice? If she wants to be with Jason, Jason is there, he loves her and he's available.

Because most of them were around when she was with Jason. 

I mean, Carly needs to shut her piehole but Alexis genuinely cares about Sam and she had a fairly.....horrifying tumultuous experience with the Sam and Jason relationship, and their feelings for each other

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, rur said:

In Port Charles they do, at least since the Luke and Laura days. In fact, I think Luke was standing on his mayoral balcony when he saw the returned-from-being-kidnapping Laura. 

And I won’t lie: that scene was EVERYTHING to my 13-Year old self!!!! How Luke saw Laura walking across the lawn...Luke’s “LAURA!” And then Laura running into his arms.

Wow. Just writing that while remembering it gave me the good chills!???

DON’T JUDGE ME!

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I won’t lie: that scene was EVERYTHING to my 13-Year old self!!!! How Luke saw Laura walking across the lawn...Luke’s “LAURA!” And then Laura running into his arms.

DON’T JUDGE ME!

Hell I was an adult and it gave ME chills! I also coveted her cobalt blue coat, LOL!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

DON’T JUDGE ME!

OMG, I do not care what shit has happened since, that scene is seared into my memory.  Luke was already feeling blue and thinking about her and then he saw her and his "LAURA!" when he saw her was Geary at his best. 

OK, back in the present: I guess the mayoral race is going to be BIG BAD NED, who dares to want gentrification, vs MOTHER EARTH LAURA, who finds nothing wrong with poor housing and conditions.  Where's the third candidate--who wants gentrification with a certain percentage dedicated to affordable housing for low-income families?  Oh, right, this is Port Charles where nothing is shades of gray except the walls.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Oh, flip a coin and be done with it, Sam.  I'm tired of this.

Isn't it so repetitive and ZzzZzZ?  But I'm of the camp that believes Monaco and Burton have little interest in working with each other anymore.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Molly doesn't want to see Julian anymore, maybe she should stop going to the place he owns, where she is sure to run into him. 

I agree but because GH has created a new "hip" set, they are going to have people go there that normally would go elsewhere. But I do think Molly showed up because she knew that Alexis is hanging out there,

Plus, Alexis is not this stupid. Molly has been very clear how much she hates Julian and has never faltered on that. Why would she think that Molly would be okay with Julian helping her with anything. It was just another excuse for Alexis to be near Julian.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, I do not care what shit has happened since, that scene is seared into my memory.  Luke was already feeling blue and thinking about her and then he saw her and his "LAURA!" when he saw her was Geary at his best.

I only saw it a few years ago. I watched it on YouTube and I still think it's one of the greatest moments in soaps

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Why would she think that Molly would be okay with Julian helping her with anything.

Because she thinks Molly's not stupid?  Maybe Molly is.  What Julian did was minor compared to what Sonny does and she's just fine with him. Not to mention how her dad Rick treated Alexis.  Molly's on-going 'fire of a thousand suns' anger at Julian seems childish at this point.

• Love 3

Julian also kidnapped her father and was going to kill him. That's when Molly turned on Julian. When he put a knife to her mother's throat, there was no turning back for Molly. Alexis' reputation, sobriety and her career were trashed because of her relationship with Julian. Whatever happiness Alexis may have experienced with Julian, Molly and all of Alexis's loved ones can only the man who systemically destroyed Alexis' life.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

DON’T JUDGE ME!

That was extremely naturalistic acting on AG's part, and it still gives me goosebumps. 

I was kind of excited to hear a reference to the mansion today, because I was wondering if they were going to pretend it doesn't exist, since GH is just not as fancy as it once was. Of course, humble Laura will probably win and give it to the people or something like that.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I know I said I wanted Kevin to have a non-Laura-focused story and for the show to focus on him having clients, but that didn't mean I meant Franco! Poor Kevin.

LOL. At least he got to talk about Ryan, part of his history.

News flash, GH Writers: New York is a no-fault state when it comes to divorce—it's called irretrievable breakdown. The Google in the Interwebs tubes can be very useful. Of course Jason comes up with irreconcilable differences.

Carly yammering on about how all of her decisions when she was pregnant with Michael were solely because she loved him and who can know if Nelle feels the same way about her baby nearly had me stroke out.

"But in the end [Jax] could never be with me because my heart belonged to Sonny." You're forgetting someone there, Carly. Someone your heart belongs to even more than Sonny.

• Love 4

Was that during the time Christopher Cross had that insufferable "Think of Laura" song that was supposedly about L&L. Jesus God that was bad. 

Anyway, Alexsis just wants Sam to struggle with letting go of Jason to justify her struggling with letting go of Julian.  

Loved Jason's face when Carly said Jax was the best. And how he never took his eyes off Sam when they were supposed to be looking at the computer screen in her office. I think SBu is trying bring more. I enjoy him away from Sonny, who totally flattens any scene for me. 

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, statsgirl said:

I think Maxie and Nathan have reason to worry that the baby may have inherited a sociopathy gene from Faison  (although shut up, Spinelli, Georgie's safe). According to psychologist James Fallon, who has the gene himself, the best way to guard against it is a warm and loving upbringing. So Obrecht may have accidentally done the best thing she could have for Nathan, even if Magda was nutty enough herself.

That GH fosters such garbage about a "sociopathy gene" that can be inherited is monumentally embarrassing. Genes can give you eye color or influence your height, but there is no "sociopathy gene" that regulates moral behavior. Moral behavior is influenced by upbringing, culture, peers, or some kind of conditioning. If apparently normal families become nurseries for criminal behavior, it can be caused by a multiple of less-obvious factors, including acquaintances and teachers outside the family, television and movie influence, reading, damage from alcohol and drugs, and (who can say?) negative spiritual influences. We can't rule out brain damage and other trauma as triggers, or the pernicious effects of verbal and sexual child abuse and incest in the best of apparently normal families. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, YaddaYadda said:

The Maxie/Nathan/Faison drama over the baby is just . . . I'd be more worried about the psycho abducting the child then it turning into some international maniac.

Now this outcome is what I think all the Maxie//Nathan/Faison drama is leading up to. Dr O successfully kept /Nathan under wraps and hidden, so he was safe from Faison. But if everyone finds out from Maxie or even Dr O that Maxie's baby is related to Faison, the news could travel to Faison himself. If the master criminal learns of the child's existence, and if the child is a boy, isn't the same situation set up ? What if Faison decides it is his second chance to kidnap a child and inculcate sociopath ways into it as his successor?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ryan is s'posed to be dead; Kevin told us so. But what if all the giddy newlywed happiness of Laura and Kevin is a big anvil? I'd love for Evil Twin Ryan to reappear and slip into Kevin's new marriage as his imposter, gaslighting Laura so that she shoots Ryan, Kevin. or endures  another nervous breakdown.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Why does it feel like Lulu's pretensions at badass journalism (interviewing Faison) are about to get out of control? Why should he be given a "chance to explain his side of the story" when he is one of the master criminals in the US? Lulu might lose all her hard-won influence on Charlotte if she gets in trouble, disappears, or is imprisoned by Faison. How unfortunate if Lulu went missing, perhaps into human trafficking. Dante could drift to Valerie again, and Valentin could disappear with Nina and Charlotte. Rollo and Charlotte could grow up without their real mother.

• Love 1

Was that during the time Christopher Cross had that insufferable "Think of Laura" song that was supposedly about L&L. Jesus God that was bad. 

It actually had nothing to do with L&L.  Christopher Cross wrote it about a friend of his that was killed.

I liked that Jason has the self awareness that Drew could keep Sam and her kids safe.

I'm not watching these days.  Did he actually say that?  If so, good for him.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"But in the end [Jax] could never be with me because my heart belonged to Sonny."

By the way, I love that Carly's retelling of her relationships with Jax and Sonny ignores the fact that both would dump her in a heartbeat for Brenda.

4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ryan is s'posed to be dead; Kevin told us so. But what if all the giddy newlywed happiness of Laura and Kevin is a big anvil? I'd love for Evil Twin Ryan to reappear and slip into Kevin's new marriage as his imposter, gaslighting Laura so that she shoots Ryan, Kevin. or endures  another nervous breakdown.

Maybe that's where Lucy has disappeared to - she thinks she's reconnected with Kevin, but it's actually his evil twin brother, dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, I love that Carly's retelling of her relationships with Jax and Sonny ignores the fact that both would dump her in a heartbeat for Brenda.

Also that she didn't start dating Jax cause he was the non-mob choice, but just because they simply connected. She wasn't actively looking specifically for someone non mob.

Also, I needed a pop up bubble to appear when Michael said he believed that she made the choices she did because she thought they were right for him, and say, "actually, all of the decisions Carly made stemmed from her wanting to date Jason, and then later, Sonny."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"But in the end [Jax] could never be with me because my heart belonged to Sonny."

LOL, I know! It's very satisfying to me that Carly will never get Jason, and she'll always be second to Brenda. 

41 minutes ago, SnK said:

'because I love you and you love him'     I thought that was a good soapy moment. 

It was, but for some reason it also fell curiously flat. Maybe because Jason has done too much sorrowful staring into the middle distance for me to get too moved by it. This whole story should be so much more emotional, but only Carly (!!) is giving us any. I know it's OOC for Jason to do too much more than sorrowfully stare into the middle distance and/or cry over his Box o' Pain, but in this one instance, I think he could fall apart a bit. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, SnK said:

'because I love you and you love him'     I thought that was a good soapy moment. 

That was as close to being assertive as he's come.

Sam, however was unquestionably assertive with the choices she's making. She is nostalgic and acknowledges her past with him. But she is ready to leave it firmly in the past. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Molly needs to serious dial it back now, especially considering her mobster uncle and father.

14 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

If Molly wants to avoid Julian, maybe she should stop going to his bar? 

13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Molly's on-going 'fire of a thousand suns' anger at Julian seems childish at this point.

I'm really starting to hate Molly. I admit that I tend to side with Julian mostly because Sonny hates him, and I enjoy snarky Julian, but shut up already Molly, we heard you the first million times you said you hate Julian, and throwing around your Uncle Sonny's name as an example of good or in a threatening manner isn't a good look. What happened to the Molly I loved? 

And what's with the in-show product placement showing Julian's bar serves Corinthos Coffee? 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why does it feel like Lulu's pretensions at badass journalism (interviewing Faison) are about to get out of control? Why should he be given a "chance to explain his side of the story" when he is one of the master criminals in the US? Lulu might lose all her hard-won influence on Charlotte if she gets in trouble, disappears, or is imprisoned by Faison. How unfortunate if Lulu went missing, perhaps into human trafficking. Dante could drift to Valerie again, and Valentin could disappear with Nina and Charlotte. Rollo and Charlotte could grow up without their real mother.

Why is Lulu all gung-ho about going after Faison just because her random dayplayer boss told her to? Surely if there is an interview with a known criminal and/or psychopath there are plenty in Port Charles for her to choose from.

As an aside: if Lulu were to die, there would be nothing legally to enforce that Valentin keep Charlotte in touch with her mother's family. Charlotte is too young still for her opinion to be given authority in court (the first farce of a custody hearing notwithstanding) and like you said, Valentin would simply leave the country with Charlotte and Charlotte would be lost to Dante, Rocco, Laura, etc forever.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

And what's with the in-show product placement showing Julian's bar serves Corinthos Coffee? 

WHAT??!?!!? I'll accept that it came with the bar, but we should have a scene where Julian ostentatiously removes the sign and goes with Port Chuck Beanery beans. (Or something snappier; that was as good as I could come up with in the moment, with no thought whatsoever.)

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also that she didn't start dating Jax cause he was the non-mob choice, but just because they simply connected. She wasn't actively looking specifically for someone non mob.

Also, I needed a pop up bubble to appear when Michael said he believed that she made the choices she did because she thought they were right for him, and say, "actually, all of the decisions Carly made stemmed from her wanting to date Jason, and then later, Sonny."

I randomly just remembered a scene during Cottage Hell when Carly was walking around in a fur coat in front of Robin being all "Jason bought this for MEEEEE!" because she simpered to Jason that always wanted one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The way I remember it, it was because Ingo wanted it because Laura was tall! Or wanted to explore the chemistry or whatever. I know they teased it with Tamara's SheBeast. But Jax should never, ever, ever, ever want such a heinous character. And I still resent to this day that she was the one to give him a child.

• Love 5