Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I get that Laura and Kevin both said they've been there done that, and wanted this to be a small ceremony but there were so many people who should have been there.  

From Laura's side:  Lesley, Lucky, Cam, Aiden, Spencer, Rocco, Charlotte, Lucas/Brad, Tracy

From Kevin's side:  Mac, Felicia, Serena

fellow hospital employees, especially now that Laura works at the hospital (Pif, Felix, Brad, Finn, Monica)

All we had was the bride's daughter and son in law, the matron of honour's best friend and her husband (i'm assuming Maxie was the wedding planner) and the bride's former sister in law.  That's sad.  

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A) they were kids, and kids do terrible things to their siblings, and b) it's not even a certainty Franco did it in the fits place.

And I didn't catch it at the time, but it also came up when Liz was saying that Jason and Franco will eventually get to a place where they can be civil and isn't it a good thing that Drew doesn't have anything to hold against him.  Which made no sense at the time because even though Drew isn't Jason, he still loves Sam and Michael and Franco still hurt them.  But then I realized they weren't going there but going to the "Drew holds nothing against you because he doesn't know that you threw him down the stairs"  

The anvils were dropping like crazy today.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I get that Laura and Kevin both said they've been there done that, and wanted this to be a small ceremony but there were so many people who should have been there.  

From Laura's side:  Lesley, Lucky, Cam, Aiden, Spencer, Rocco, Charlotte, Lucas/Brad, Tracy

From Kevin's side:  Mac, Felicia, Serena

fellow hospital employees, especially now that Laura works at the hospital (Pif, Felix, Brad, Finn, Monica)

All we had was the bride's daughter and son in law, the matron of honour's best friend and her husband (i'm assuming Maxie was the wedding planner) and the bride's former sister in law.  That's sad.

And includes Z-E-R-O people from Kevin's side.  Poor Kevin.

And also?  It is bonkers that Lucy has had no on-screen reaction to this.  That's soap opera 101!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It is bonkers that Lucy has had no on-screen reaction to this

Why do I feel that the "Christmas miracle" will be Lucy showing up to officiate and give her blessing.  When it should be Lucky and Nikolas walking in to walk their mother down the aisle.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And includes Z-E-R-O people from Kevin's side.  Poor Kevin.

And also?  It is bonkers that Lucy has had no on-screen reaction to this.  That's soap opera 101!

When the minister's wife's water broke (which, there's an excuse. If poor Mac was there he could perform the wedding, isn't he ordained?), I was scared all of a sudden Lucy was going to pop up. But yeah, do Lucy OR Scotty know that their respective exes are marrying each other?

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Not quite.  He told her that he knew who was who because of the paper that Andre gave him before he took off.  She was pissed for a nano second than told him no more secrets.  He was going to tell her about pushing Drew down the stairs but had a vision that she'd lose her shit and run screaming from the room, literally, so chose not to tell her that part and swore, cross his heart, literally doing the sign of the cross on her chest, that he had no more secrets to tell.

I laughed so hard at this. I'm just. Wow.

6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I find it odd that they worked so hard to get the actress that plays Laura's mom back for one day, but there are so many characters on canvas and onscreen that aren't at this wedding.

And, I mean, it's ridiculous that Laura getting married was, what, the C-story today after Jason and Franco's stories.  It felt like even stupid Oscar was getting more focus and attention.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

What gets me is that she's forgiven him every heinous thing he's done, including locking a man in a dog crate, so why he would think that particular crime would send her screaming for the hills, I don't know.  

Right! And Liz literally went through this with her own son, when she was worried Jake had something to do with Sam falling down the stairs. 

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And, I mean, it's ridiculous that Laura getting married was, what, the C-story today after Jason and Franco's stories.  It felt like even stupid Oscar was getting more focus and attention.

Heck, Kevin and Laura's Christmas wedding wasn't even the focus in GH's stupid Christmas promo!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
39 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Liz was saying that Jason and Franco will eventually get to a place where they can be civil

What?! Has she met Jason? 

Well, they were civil today in that Jason didn't punch Franco in the face!!

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I find it odd that they worked so hard to get the actress that plays Laura's mom back for one day,

Ok, if it turns out to be Lesley at the door instead of Lucy, I'll accept that.  Though I still want Lucky to walk her down the aisle for crying out loud.  JJ would have come back for that, wouldn't he? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The wedding hasn't started yet! They're all still in the getting-ready phase, so I have faith there will be more than six people at the wedding. Liz may even turn up!

But will she bring Cain and Abel?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Who is this Lucky person that they mentioned today. Maybe he could have dinner with Chardonnay and Absinthe as I don't think they haven't eaten since Thanksgiving when they were last spotted.

I actually had to think for a minute who Spencer was (it threw me that he was with Lucky, I didn't hear the explanation for that), then I was racking my brains to think of Liz's kids names and couldn't come up with three  hahaha!

• Love 1

Scout with that hat was just really cute. I felt Oscar looked more genuine and happier (is there such a thing for a teenager?) when he met Scout. And I liked what Sam said to him.

Lucky? Who is this Lucky they were speaking of? At first I thought I heard how lucky Spencer was because I wasn't really paying attention. So I started wondering why Spencer was so lucky, then they talked about Lucas and I got really confused. Because it's been so long since we've seen Lucas that I didn't even remember him. 

I really didn't care for the Star Wars placement. Let's write 10 minutes about this product with Franco. Because I really want to see Franco do that. It won't make me love him, like him or root for him.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MissL said:

So I was home and actually watched multiple scenes today I know it's been said and said but....as univested as I am in Laura/Kevin seriously Liz should be there with the boys for their grandmothers wedding. That's ridiculous.

Also I finally saw Joss she's umm...big. I was half kidding before but they need to make Cam a teenager now. Wasnt he born before her?

Sam/Jason make sad cow eyes at each other and she remembers their Christmas together just a few hours after pledging her love to Drew.  Yep. Know where this is going and I'm so not interested. Sam the walking sedative isn't worth it but she'll have two men pining for her.  One is a marine who takes on kids left and right and the other is Saint Jasus.  My girl Liz gets Franco. It's not even about Jasam vs Liason it's just...can't they give her something better than Franco?  And the last time two men wanted her half that equation was Niz...blech.  Well ok maybe it was Jake/Ric? but we are all supposed to hate Ric right? I wasn't watching.  Why do they crap on Becky why??

Ok. The light saber headgear thing was cute.  "The product placement was strong in this one."  

Spencer is older than Joss, too.  Jax and Carly got together while hiding the fact that Nikolas was baby John's daddy.  They've really messed up this generation of children, and I think it's because they're so in love with the actors playing Emma and Spencer.  Soon Jake will be older than Cam.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They've really messed up this generation of children, and I think it's because they're so in love with the actors playing Emma and Spencer.

Actually, it is Emma and Spencer who ARE age appropriate via birth year (or near it, anyway).

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I really didn't care for the Star Wars placement. Let's write 10 minutes about this product with Franco. Because I really want to see Franco do that. It won't make me love him, like him or root for him.

And showing kids playing with it wouldn't make it seem more natural and less like product placement or anything . . .(/sarcasm font)

I wonder if the actual kids on the set got to play with it.

• Love 2

Laura's daughter is married to Olivia's son.

I think it would be appropriate for Olivia and Ned, as well as Monica, to be at the wedding.  All sorts of people get invited to weddings even with the loosest connections (I've been invited and gone to a wedding because I knew the parent of the groom).  Christmas celebrations are for close family.

I"m glad Joss is so excited about buying Avery everything Frozen, but way to thoroughly spoil a child and turn her into Morgan.  Ava can't be a worse parent than Carly and Sonny are.

16 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

. Somewhere along the line Carly and Jason should have had an affair behind the Moobster's back.

I love it that Jason keeps going "nope, not interested" while Carly is so desperate for anything she can have with him.  It's the only thing I like about Jason.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Yes, which sort of came up today when he got the Christmas card from Betsy in which she told him that she hopes he makes peace with himself (for allegedly pushing Drew down the stairs).  Liz got distracted by Jake but she's going to come back and pull on that string at some point.  

What gets me is that she's forgiven him every heinous thing he's done, including locking a man in a dog crate, so why he would think that particular crime would send her screaming for the hills, I don't know.  

What gets me is that they don't even know it really happened.  Betsy found Drew at the bottom of the stairs and assumed that Franco had pushed him.  So great believing in your three year old son, Momma Betsy.

Unless Franco continued his reign of terror through elementary and high school, he's not an in-born psychopath.  This is such a stupid storyline.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Olivia’s son, Dante, is Laura’s son-in-law.

Oh DUH! Of course she is lol! I wasn’t even thinking of that, but was trying to make a connection between the two women. I’ll go back to my corner now?

Don't feel bad. The relationships on this show are so badly maintained. 

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I"m glad Joss is so excited about buying Avery everything Frozen,

More Disney pimping. (Genuine question: Is Frozen stuff still so wildly popular? The movie has been out for four years now.)

I really dislike what hair, makeup and wardrobe has been doing with Maxie.  Finally realized today that she's resembling Amy Poehler--which is fine, save the fact AP is like 17 years older than Kirsten Storms.

Ned's fear that the family fortune would be too diluted was solved by bonding over music.  It's a Christmas miracle!

Betsy found Drew at the bottom of the stairs and assumed that Franco had pushed him.  So great believing in your three year old son, Momma Betsy.

Maybe when Drew gets his memories back he'll remember it wasn't Gentle Farmer Franco and all will be right with the world...

Speaking of Drew, man, I'm missing Tracy in this storyline.  She'd have the best one-liners about how it wasn't bad enough having ONE Jason, now there are two of them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's daughter is married to Olivia's son.

I think it would be appropriate for Olivia and Ned, as well as Monica, to be at the wedding.  All sorts of people get invited to weddings even with the loosest connections (I've been invited and gone to a wedding because I knew the parent of the groom).  Christmas celebrations are for close family.

There was a time when Monica was like a second mother to Laura, much to Lesley's chagrin. Monica even helped teen Laura get on, gasp!, birth control. I swear, the writers should just hire all of us to help them figure out which characters to place at weddings and funerals, and why. 

I did like Lulu teasing Bobbi and Laura about fighting over Scotty back in the day. That was cute. 

Edited to say that along with Monica-Lesley sparring potential at the wedding, it would be funny to see Bobbi and Monica realize that Michael is about to make them both great-grandmothers.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6

I emerged from a nap and caught some of the show and I really was lost for the most part.

What was Jason doing the whole time? Playing the world's most depressed Santa delivering presents to his kids who either don't really know who he is or openly want nothing to do with him? Was I meant to feel sorry for him at some point? All the Q Christmases he missed, by choice, because he would rather keep warm and cozy with Sonny and Carly and their degenerate bunch? Not happening, show.

Seeing Ned being the annoying, snotty little brat always concerned about the family's fortune his Mama raised him to be keeps reminding me that Tracy is actually, really, gone and I still don't know how to feel about that.

The fact that Monica and Ned are, legitimately, the last Qs in that house who actually have real ties, as in they knew them, lived with them, fought and sparred with them, and went through hell fire and back with them, to the old family I adored so, Edward, Lila, Alan, Tracy, and don't even get me started on the fact that they murdered A.J. who should be front and center right now...I have no words, truly.

What the heck is going on with Laura and Kevin's wedding? Why are so many important, key, people missing? Would it kill this bunch of lazy writers to figure out actual GH history and plan around it? That church should be packed to the damn rafters with people. Good grief...

And no Aslan and Cornelius? Maybe if Liz would let them wear Darth Vader masks they might agree to go?

I thought I heard the name "Lucky" come up a time or two but god only knows who the bloody hell that is anyway. Maybe they can ask Wyatt Halliwell to whip up a spell real quick to fix everything.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, drtslim said:

Why would Carver and Abner attend the wedding?

Agamemnon is the bride's grandson.  And Laura does treat Cadmium as her grandson even though biologically he isn't.  (When they're allowed out of the closet). 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

What the heck is going on with Laura and Kevin's wedding? Why are so many important, key, people missing? Would it kill this bunch of lazy writers to figure out actual GH history and plan around it? That church should be packed to the damn rafters with people. Good grief...

There should be more than five people there, and two of them shouldn't be more friends of the bride's daughter than the bride or groom. Jesus.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Agamemnon is the bride's grandson.  And Laura does treat Cadmium as her grandson even though biologically he isn't.  (When they're allowed out of the closet). 

Aesculapius should be an usher.  Croesus a ring bearer with Rocco.  And Charlotte a flower girl or junior bridesmaid.

If it's going to be in a church rather than city hall, do it right.

• Love 4

Seriously. Charlotte and Rocco were both at and IN Olivia's wedding when at that point Charlotte hardly knew who Olivia was to her, and there's no mention of any of the grandchildren being a part of Laura's wedding. 

• Love 3

Just FYI, on Inside Edition today they reported that the woman who admitted to pulling the plug on her fiance's kayak is already out of prison after just 2 1/2 years and she is going to try to collect on his life insurance! Poor Nelle didn't even get to keep the ring. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Just FYI, on Inside Edition today they reported that the woman who admitted to pulling the plug on her fiance's kayak is already out of prison after just 2 1/2 years and she is going to try to collect on his life insurance! Poor Nelle didn't even get to keep the ring. 

Sure she did. She sold it a couple months ago to make a sizable donation to the charity Carly set up in Morgan's name. Wasn't it like $50k? Maybe if she'd held onto it a bit longer, she wouldn't have to work during her pregnancy lol!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I was wrapping Christmas presents when I heard somebody talking about the fiancé kayak thing, I saw the case mentioned here on the boards but this was the first time I actually heard it myself. WTF do the writers do? Peruse the news and try to pick something the least amount of people are aware of so they can pretend their stories are original? Or if people know of the story then we're supposed to think the writers are oh so cutting edge and up on all the news? 

I swear they put monkeys in a room with typewriters/computers because who would intentionally write most of the shit show we're presented with every day? No offence to monkeys, IMO they are better writers than those idiot writers who have one arm longer than the other from constantly patting themselves on their backs because they are such geniuses. 

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Jason's Christmas Man Pain? Fuck off Jason, everything that happened to you is your own fault because when Sonny calls, Jason goes running. And as much as Franco is an idiot, Jason wants to kill him because "he hurt Sam and Michael" yet Sonny killed Jason's brother, hung him from a meat hook, Carly and Sonny combined have been responsible for so much pain (thinking about the families etc of people they either killed or fucked over one way or another) but Jason is still their loyal dog. 

Sorry, I really fucking hate that disgusting trio.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I did like Lulu teasing Bobbi and Laura about fighting over Scotty back in the day. That was cute. 

The initial tease was cute, but I thought Bobbie's reply was slightly mean-spirited toward Scott, and I also didn't like the snide comment about how Lucy would react to Laura marrying Kevin. Bobbie, you are an adult, not a Mean Girl. (Supposedly.™ Silas Clay, now and forever)

• Love 7

Speaking of Lucy, someone on Twitter reminded me that Lucy and Kevin's wedding anniversary from "Port Charles" is freakin' Christmas.  Poor Lucy is probably sobbing into Sigmund the IV's feathers right now.

ETA...I posted a clip from Lucy and Kevin's wedding in the "Port Charles" subsection.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Lucy, someone on Twitter reminded me that Lucy and Kevin's wedding anniversary from "Port Charles" is freakin' Christmas.  Poor Lucy is probably sobbing into Sigmund the IV's feathers right now.

ETA...I posted a clip from Lucy and Kevin's wedding in the "Port Charles" subsection.

Do you suppose the writers forgot that, don't care, or just pretend that Port Charles never existed and thus doesn't matter in GH-world?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Probably all to varying degrees.

Which is dumb. I'm not saying that the actors have to or even should debate every illogical plot point (otherwise they'd be in Frank's office all day and never get around to filming scenes), but having Kevin's character be the one to suggest a Christmas wedding to Laura when he married his ex-wife on the same day is - sketchy, to say the least.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Do you suppose the writers forgot that, don't care, or just pretend that Port Charles never existed and thus doesn't matter in GH-world?

All of the above.

ETA: oops, teevee already said it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Also?  The show needs to retire the "Oh no, the minister/priest can't make it, what do we do!" trope, I think it's happened at almost every wedding the show's done in the last few years and it's beyond tired.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also?  The show needs to retire the "Oh no, the minister/priest can't make it, what do we do!" trope, I think it's happened at almost wedding the show's done in the last few years and it's beyond tired.

Aren't a lot of these characters internet-ordained these days, anyway? Kevin married Dante/Lulu. I think Mac is ordained. Laura's mom is. Maybe that is why they brought Laura's mom back, lol.

• Love 2

And the winter storm. How many GH weddings have had some weather-related tragedy where prospective guests or even the bride and groom get stuck somewhere?

On a related note, how did Lucky and Spencer get to Boston during this winter storm but can't fly into New York?

• Love 3

Lucky was supposed to be renting a car in Boston and driving to PC, but I'm sure today we'll hear that there's too much snow for him to drive. Or he'll make it but we'll never see him (or, Jasus willing, Spencer).

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And the winter storm. How many GH weddings have had some weather-related tragedy where prospective guests or even the bride and groom get stuck somewhere?

On a related note, how did Lucky and Spencer get to Boston during this winter storm but can't fly into New York?

Isn't it always so ex citing when a BLIZZARD OF THE CENTURY! hits and next thing you know, there's at least two car accidents, someone gets trapped in a cave/under a bridge/, the roof to the church gives way trapping everyone inside, and somehow there ends up being an outbreak of the bubonic plague.

What else says a forever love like hypothermia and frost bite.

Lucky apparently forgot to pack his handy dandy wormhole portal for easy travel to avoid such pitfalls as this.

• Love 3