Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Brenda's baby daddy was the Balkan's son, not Karpov's.

Should have been Jaxbinstead of some rando dead mobster spawn. I still can't believe Guza pulled that weak shit

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)

BTW: Evil Hallucination Sonny is hilarious. As is Sam's terrible voice-over. Who thought that was a good idea?? Even Ron almost never went to Jim Reilly voice-over.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Funny, I also thought of James Reilly when the Wednesday episode ended up an obvious fake-out (Sam stabbing Sonny). I've always felt that that was dirty pool. Fine, use nightmares and fantasies, but the "reveal" that they're such should be within the same show. Reilly was notorious for that. He had one of DOOL's would-be supercouples on the outs for a long time in the '90s, and he once famously had them reuniting at the end of a Friday show, and then the female half of the couple shaking herself out of the optimistic daydream when it picked up on Monday.  

• Love 1
(edited)

My personal JER favorite is probably the extended "another exorcism"  sequence on DAYS in the 2003-2004 serial killer story, where I think they spent days setting up that Marlena was possessed by the Devil again, trying to rev up fans, had John battle the Devil in some goofy, cheesy FX-laden sequence with some huge climax - and then John woke up or something! Never happened!

Topic: The goofy hallucination close-ups on Sam are awful.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

I suppose it's too much to hope that he's A.J.'s long-lost son...

That was my first thought, but then I remembered this show doesn't give a shit about AJ. Let's be real, he's probably Franco's son. Or somehow Jason had a son while he was frozen/working for Helena on Cassadine Island and that child is now somehow 14 years old even though that was only 2 years ago.

11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I'm finding it hard to believe Charlotte is so easily and happily integrating with all these new people and not more upset about her father. I would think Valentin's absence would be extremely hard on her as close as they are, and she would suffer at least some depression and confusion.  

She's had so many different fathers/mothers in the past 2 years she's probably used to this kinda thing by now.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

In the quick scene of the photographer taking the N&O wedding family shot, the groom's aunt and the bride's son are included, but not the groom's brother??  What?!  It was especially glaring because Dillon went out on the balcony with everyone else to see the fireworks. 

Hey Carly, if you hate seeing Nelle and Michael together (Ha! Suck it up!), maybe you shouldn't be there - you hate Michael's Q family and in fact helped cover up the fact that your date murdered the groom's cousin, you and Olivia are business partners, not friends, and your date also shot the bride's (and his own) son. - a second reason he shouldn't be there.   I did like that Michael and Nelle chose not to sit with S&C. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Literally did not recognize Molly. Thought she was in Witness Protection.

I loved James DePaiva on OLTL for many years but I was not thrilled at his being brought on as yet another OLTL hire on GH at this late date, so I will admit to being amused that he is just some fly-by-night dayplayer nobody, not Jeff Webber or some shit where once again an OLTL star will have an unnecessary leading role on this show. But I imagine the job is to help JDP keep his health insurance, which is kind of them. That said: "Dr. David Bench" sounds like a George Glass Brady Bunch thing, where Frank just saw random things in his field of vision and kludged them together in two seconds to make up a fake-sounding name - an eroticized poster of Michelangelo's David; a shot of that one park bench we use all the time! Go!

Wow.  I never thought about all of the folks that FV keeps bringing over from the other ABC/D soaps and maybe they're about to lose health insurance.  Yes, that is very nice indeed.   However, JDP could have played any doctor from GH's long history like Jeff or Tom.

Guza was so wrong not to make Alec the son of Brenda and Jax.  Carly and Sonny's head would have exploded.  

Damn.  Sonny IS still alive.  Sam, what's the point of having mental issues if you can't even stab the greasy moobster?!

I will never understand why four of Sonny's baby Momma's (Olivia, Carly, Sam and Alexis) are needed on this show?! Olivia should have been the one that took the bullet in the chest and died.  Ugh.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I will never understand why four of Sonny's baby Momma's (Olivia, Carly, Sam and Alexis) are needed on this show?! Olivia should have been the one that took the bullet in the chest and died.  Ugh.

Actually, IMO Carly's the one who should have died at some point for choosing Sonny over and over and over again. Instead, her kids get physically and emotionally wounded (or killed). 

I would like for this Oscar kid to turn out to be the previously unknown son of Alcazar, Carly's  dead ex and one of Sonny's Mob enemies. The kid never knew his father or anything about the Mob.  S&C would hate for a kid of Alcazar's to be Joss's first love. It's just a bonus that the kid would be a half sibling to a sorta-Q daughter's little girl, Lila Rae.

• Love 3
On July 5, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Oracle42 said:

Maybe they're still getting the super specific and detailed stage directions that TG hated so much

It totally looked staged- took me out of the scene.

I must have missed Obrecht being caught. When/how did that happen?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Call me old fashioned, but Nelle shouldn't have worn fire engine red to a wedding. 

And Lulu was in black. I know it's because ER was about to pop, but couldn't they have given her a bright scarf or something? She could have just as easily been going to a funeral.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Molly was at the wedding?

7 hours ago, jsbt said:

Topic: The goofy hallucination close-ups on Sam are awful.

Worse than the psychedelic effects used for Franco on drugs?

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

n the quick scene of the photographer taking the N&O wedding family shot, the groom's aunt and the bride's son are included, but not the groom's brother??

Wasn't Dillon the photographer?

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I did like that Michael and Nelle chose not to sit with S&C.

And they were kind of ostentatious about it. Good job, kids!

ETA: I did not mean for three of the comments to be questions, but that's how it goes.

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)
12 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Speaking of CarSon, wasn't it typical that they used Olivia's and Ned's wedding as an excuse to dream up an extravaganda for themselves, where they will be the center of attention renewing their own tattered wedding vows.

Carson's narcissism is really overwhelming.  And not entertaining at all.

The only way Oscar's paternity is going to be interesting is if it causes troubles for Sonny.  The show doesn't care about anything else.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I said this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it here: Oscar's father has to be in PC for there to be any tension. So what if he's Taggart's son if we never see Taggart? There's no conflict otherwise. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I said this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it here: Oscar's father has to be in PC for there to be any tension. So what if he's Taggart's son if we never see Taggart? There's no conflict otherwise. 

Aw, any mention of Taggert brings back memories... good times.  

I haven't seen GH in ages (except a few clips from Jane's last episodes) but am kind of enjoying reading the various speculations about Oscar.  Depending on who his father turns out to be, it might even tempt me to watch again for a while.  Except Sonny. That I wouldn't watch. 

You know what would have been nice? A bonding moment between Joss and Ned about how much Sonny sucks - Jax can't come visit his daughter, and he can't be there to see his old friend marry Olivia.  Given the history with Ned, Alexis and Jax, Alexis and Jax absolutely should have been guests coming together to the wedding, instead of S&C.  I HATE that Sonny was at the N&O wedding while Jax was not. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Wow.  I never thought about all of the folks that FV keeps bringing over from the other ABC/D soaps and maybe they're about to lose health insurance.  Yes, that is very nice indeed.   However, JDP could have played any doctor from GH's long history like Jeff or Tom.

I think that to keep your health insurance through SAG-AFTRA you only have to work a day or two each quarter. I have no problem w/ a favorite face from another show showing up 8-10 days a year. In fact, I would like to nominate a current murderous hobo GH actor for health-insurance-only status. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 7

US health insurance is a complete mystery to people like me who live in other countries.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

True.  But how many opportunities for real conflict has this show squandered for the sake of Sonny and St. Jason?  It's only now that Sam is crazy that she's saying the truths she should have said long ago, and that would have been real conflict for Sonny/Jason/Sam.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

US health insurance is a complete mystery to people like me who live in other countries.

It's a mystery for those of us who live here, too.

44 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Maybe he's either BM or SBu's Jason's kid!

I think that's a strong possibility because everything is about Sonny or Jason. Or Franco. Maybe he's Franco's kid.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Just as frustrating and mystifying to many of us Americans, too! But it is what it is. Is JDP's role just temporary, then?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I said this in the spoiler thread and I'll say it here: Oscar's father has to be in PC for there to be any tension. 

I suppose he could turn out to be Ned's son that he never knew he had, in the grand soap opera tradition of, "The second a couple gets happily married some plot development occurs which either puts a huge strain on their marriage or outright tears it apart".

• Love 1
On 7/7/2017 at 3:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

So Oscar has a mom, but never knew his dad.  Any guesses who he's related to because, c'mon, he's related to someone.

God.  I hope it's not Sonny, Franco, nor Jason.  Sonny hath spawned too much, Franco should be dead, and Jason.... no.  

Also, why is there a teen boy named Oscar?  It's an odd choice.  Is he the new Rafe?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Also, why is there a teen boy named Oscar?

All I can think of when I hear the name is the Oscar Mayer wiener jingle. Apologies to anyone named Oscar! With that said, maybe the name is making a comeback? Retro seems to be in.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2017 at 2:48 AM, jsbt said:

I loved James DePaiva on OLTL for many years but I was not thrilled at his being brought on as yet another OLTL hire on GH at this late date, so I will admit to being amused that he is just some fly-by-night dayplayer nobody, not Jeff Webber or some shit where once again an OLTL star will have an unnecessary leading role on this show. But I imagine the job is to help JDP keep his health insurance, which is kind of them. That said: "Dr. David Bench" sounds like a George Glass Brady Bunch thing, where Frank just saw random things in his field of vision and kludged them together in two seconds to make up a fake-sounding name - an eroticized poster of Michelangelo's David; a shot of that one park bench we use all the time! Go!

Welp, that's a dagger to my JDP loving heart. Thanks for that. :'( 

• Love 2

Spencer's antics and the various adults' bemused reactions to them are not only not cute and not funny, but are now also extremely repetitive.  Just ship him to military school already.

Nelle was thiiirsty to catch that bouquet.  Easy, girl.

• Love 7

What a lame wedding reception. Yeah, there was some cuteness with Charlotte, Dante, and Olivia, but that was a really sparse party. Someone should have told Dillon he didn't need that microphone because there was less than a dozen people in that room. I guess the show can't pony up the money for extra bodies in a scene when there's Steve Burton's salary to be paid.

"You can't make everything about Sonny." Watch it, Carly, that's blasphemous talk on GH. Sonny's apology was such a joke. Too little, too late, dude. Don't claim that you'll try to do better when there's a lifetime of evidence proving you're nothing but a vindictive jerk.

Spencer sitting on the bridge had me begging for Olivia Jerome to show up and toss him over the edge. I'm so done with his ridiculous antics.

• Love 13
(edited)

Why would Nik have a copy of Valentin's will under his bed? Nikolas didn't even know whether Valentin was alive or dead until everything went down on Cassadine Island.

How gracious of Nina to allow Spencer access to the estate that her ex-husband stole from Nikolas and Spencer. Nina is the ex-wife now, she has no claim to Wyndemere.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Why was Dante staring at Olivia and Sonny? Was he supposed to be having some "what if it were my parents' wedding?" moment? Ew. And Olivia saying she wouldn't change a thing to Sonny sounded idiotic.

I did like the moment between Dante and Olivia though.

Yeah, killing is an adult thing that Spencer just wouldn't understand. wtf.

I'd be hard pressed to tell you who I am more tired of, Nina or Sonny, but I guess if you made me choose I'd go with Nina.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Linny said:

What a lame wedding reception. Yeah, there was some cuteness with Charlotte, Dante, and Olivia, but that was a really sparse party. Someone should have told Dillon he didn't need that microphone because there was less than a dozen people in that room.

Without Lulu, the "crowd" for the wedding was even fewer. AND: Where was the all-important CAKE? Apparently someone ponied up the funds for champagne (only 1 or 2 bottles needed). But you can't tell me that the Metro hotel and Carly couldn't come up with a decent two-tiered wedding cake for the bride and groom. (The guests had a few hors d'oeuvres, according to Nell, but they were probably just cocktail weinies.)

I could have done without Sonny creeping up to reminisce with the bride, his former baby mama, who played along and chuckled over their handsome product standing awkwardly across the room, aka Detective Dante.  

Furthermore, wasn't the bride's dress borrowed from Crimson or a designer? Let's hope the donor doesn't want it back, after the lusty couple tore it off and discarded the gown on the floor in a tangled heap, stained with trampled flower blossoms.

LOL the cheap soap bubbles the guests were given to see the couple off from the reception. SOAP bubbles--get it?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Nina is the ex-wife now, she has no claim to Wyndemere.

THIS.  So much this.  

I was never a huge fan of the Cassadines, but it burns me that Nina, freakin' Nina, who's been here five minutes and was married to Valentin for 3 minutes, has any say in that estate.  

• Love 7

What was with the shaky handheld camera on Nina at the beginning? And using it when Ned and Olivia left the reception looked very stalker.

LOL that Michael was so concerned that Nelle might think Sonny and Carly left the reception because of her, and she was all, "They're gone?"

20 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

the lusty couple

Well, if you can't be lusty on your wedding night, I feel sorry for you.

Dante and Charlotte dancing was adorable. I loved how he asked her.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle was thiiirsty to catch that bouquet. 

Olivia sucks for throwing it in the first place. I hate that tradition with a passion.

Stay strong against Sonny, Joss!!

As always, STFU, Spencer.

Whoa, Lulu's back! WTF?

It's too bad this ep was preempted from a few Fridays ago, because it was a decent cliffhanger.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

THIS.  So much this.  

I was never a huge fan of the Cassadines, but it burns me that Nina, freakin' Nina, who's been here five minutes and was married to Valentin for 3 minutes, has any say in that estate.  

Why does she? She's not attached to it, she moved out as soon as things got hard with Valentin, and she isn't even Valentin's wife anymore. Charlotte would have more claim to Wyndemere than Nina and Charlotte lived there for all of five months.

Laura would have run over Hayden with a truck if she had tried to make claim to Wyndemere as the widow Cassadine (Hayden was Nik's widow for five minutes, wasn't she?), why is she letting Nina run the shots? Laura needs to have Alexis look over that will Valentin claims to have "found". Kevin might have said that authorities in Greece and the US found it to be valid, but like with everything else pertaining to Valentin I don't trust this.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
(edited)

Of course Wally Kurth Ned sang at the damn altar like Milhouse's dad. I love him and all but "Faith" was enough for one year, SMH

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I giggled at how fast Nina chugged back that drink when she saw Charlotte enjoying herself with Dante. She totally prodded that poor child with the "Do you like living with Lulu and Dante?" question and I don't think she ever expected Charlotte to say yes. I don't buy her excuse, either, that she forgot the MetroCourt was booked for the wedding. She dressed Nelle for it hours earlier. She knew it was a Falconeri wedding so she knew Charlotte and Lulu would be there. She wanted to observe them and of course gloat if Charlotte ran to her.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What was with the shaky handheld camera on Nina at the beginning? And using it when Ned and Olivia left the reception looked very stalker.

LOL that Michael was so concerned that Nelle might think Sonny and Carly left the reception because of her, and she was all, "They're gone?"

Well, if you can't be lusty on your wedding night, I feel sorry for you.

Dante and Charlotte dancing was adorable. I loved how he asked her.

Olivia sucks for throwing it in the first place. I hate that tradition with a passion.

Stay strong against Sonny, Joss!!

As always, STFU, Spencer.

Whoa, Lulu's back! WTF?

It's too bad this ep was preempted from a few Fridays ago, because it was a decent cliffhanger.

I'm starting to wonder if they hired someone new to do some of the camera work and they're just really unsteady on their feet or something because it's like every other episode is Shaky Camera Day. I get the idea of Shaky Camera but it's being used too much lately.

And the fact that we are talking about Shaky Camera speaks volumes about this damn show and it's really starting to piss me off (starting? It's way past starting).

Seriously, it's summer and what do they give us? A Quartermaine wedding that should have been a big damn deal with like 5 people there and as P3pp3rb1rd said, no cake???? It was like the wedding was filler just so we could get to Sonny talking to Joss. I'm all about Joss hating Sonny and speaking truth but I know it's not going to last because I can't have nice things. And that whole Lulu leaving the wedding only to come back when it was over just so Dante could tell her that Valentin is back was really dumb. (Not a spoiler, just common sense based on the last scene with Nina waking up to man shoes)

Spencer is so annoying, why is he even a thing? Unless they bring Nicholas back, Spencer should be gone. So much wasted screen time on a little brat.

What happened to Sam and her hallucinations? Was the imagined stabbing it? Between the horrible pacing of the show and the terrible writing, there really isn't much to grab onto. I wish the show would get cancelled already, I can't not watch after I invested so much time in a once watchable show. Maybe it's just me and I'm being overly critical but the amount of comments lately make me think I'm not the only one, it's getting to the point where it's not even fun to make fun of the show, if that makes sense.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Laura needs to have Alexis look over that will Valentin claims to have "found". Kevin might have said that authorities in Greece and the US found it to be valid, but like with everything else pertaining to Valentin I don't trust this.

I'm pretty sure she did have Alexis look over it and Alexis said it was valid.

33 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

... it's getting to the point where it's not even fun to make fun of the show, if that makes sense.

It does make sense and I agree. That's what really sucks tbh.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure she did have Alexis look over it and Alexis said it was valid.

Yep. They made a point of saying Alexis did a lot of research on it. That doesn't mean it can't be retconned, of course.

1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

I get the idea of Shaky Camera but it's being used too much lately.

They used to use only when we were supposed to worried for someone—someone is being stalked, someone is hallucinating, etc. Now it's being used whenever. Dumb, and it totally counters any effect except WTF.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is it wrong that Nina misses Charlotte and wants to see her?

Nina shouldn't be in charge of a pet rock, let alone some weird rape baby that shouldn't exist or in charge of her crazy easy listening husband's estate that he hijacked.

• Love 5

Oscar v.1 was supposed to be a musical prodigy (piano, I think). I love the idea that he could be Brenda's son, but that would point to his father as having some musical background, and the only musician I remember Brenda dating was Miguel Morez. I could get behind that scenario, and that doesn't mean that Ricky Martin would need to be on the show (not that I'd mind). Anyone else?

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like Spencer is not giving up on having Windemere no matter how many times adults (even Sonny) warn him to cease and desist. At his age, he should be able to understand the place of laws and Court in society. Now is the time to get the boy to a competent psychologist (and I'm not talking about a certain art therapist). This child is too sure of himself. He needs to be challenged in school and sports so he will learn that he has competitive peers who can also offer friendship. Spencer really needs other friends, especially intelligent male friends who are in his age group.

Josslyn also seems to be a very lonely child who needs friends her own age. Her only friends are horses. She is too concerned with the adults around her. She needs responsibility--was she really all that responsible when babysitting Avery? I've always had the impression that Jax cares more about Joss than Carly does. Carly just wants to control Joss. Does she even love her beautiful daughter?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nothing, if I thought it was coming from a real place of missing Charlotte and having her happiness at heart. Which I don't.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nothing, if I thought it was coming from a real place of missing Charlotte and having her happiness at heart. Which I don't.

IMO, none of the adults in Charlotte's life are 100 percent pure in their intentions toward her.

But basically I'm with jsbt that Charlotte shouldn't exist at all. The little girl playing her is competent and very cute, but Charlotte is pointless and needs to die.

• Love 5