Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The best part of the ep was the Lucas sighting in the promo for tomorrow. But then I noticed it was a scene with Julian and almost all my excitement went away. I really don't want to see smug Lucas and the Lucas/Julian relationship is such a nothing thing.

Liz looked great today. And that's about all I have to say for this ep.

• Love 3

LOL at the "guest cabin" Valentin and Charlotte are staying in. It's totally Alexis's lakehouse repurposed.

Another LOL at Dante saying Lulu wouldn't have done what Valentin did if she were in his shoes. She totally would have gone on the run!

Ava's strength of character is zilch. She goes through one round of chemo and wants to die; she's in the burn unit now and wants Sonny to kill her. She's pathetic.

When Sonny grabbed her chart, I thought, That must be where MB stashed his script today. Heh. Too bad Griffin didn't make good on his threat to have Sonny arrested and tossed off the GH premises. I also wish he'd scolded Sonny for not wearing a cap and gloves.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh jeez Carly, she should go kill Ava herself then.

I know. If she's so upset Ava is going to live, show some resolve and kill her.

Could Billy Miller have shown less energy today? I thought he'd fall asleep before he got his first lines out.

• Love 3
(edited)

I see that Wardrobe has either panicked or given up on Laura now and is dressing her in black. Topping her black with a white jacket just accentuates the situation. She reminded me of one of those fancy crème puff French pastries today, all chocolate and vanilla layers.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

To be fair to Ava, I don't think it's just that she got burnt. She probably also thinks Kiki has renounced her now and that she's facing prisontime too.

5 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I see that Wardrobe has either panicked or given up on Laura now and is dressing her in black. Topping her black with a white jacket just accentuates the situation. She reminded me of one of those fancy crème puff French pastries today, all chocolate and vanilla layers.

Laura is actually very skinny lately. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Could Billy Miller have shown less energy today? I thought he'd fall asleep before he got his first lines out.

Billy's been studying at the feet of famous dramaturge and acteur extraordinaire plus ou moins Maurice Benard

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

To be fair to Ava, I don't think it's just that she got burnt. She probably also thinks Kiki has renounced her now and that she's facing prisontime too.

Eh, they'll hash it out. They always do. Another way the stories never change.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Laura is actually very skinny lately. 

She looks great.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I think when Lucky went to go cure his "darkness" or whatever excuse they gave because JJ wasn't staying TPTB decided they would never acknowledge that he raised Jake and Cooper and Alex are his too. 

I have not been a Lucky fan since he came back as Jacob Young.   Lucky ran off in 2011 right before Christmas and the show could have easily had him join the WSB with Elizabeth's approval and have him Skype with Cam and Aiden.  Elizabeth has from day one been the constant parent in the lives of Cam, Jake and Aiden and Lucky for me has been a complete ass hole since 2011.  

• Love 4
On 5/30/2017 at 11:25 PM, tvgoddess said:

I just finished Friday`s show.  Am I the only one that hears "Assman Landers" every time anyone mentions Amy's website? I almost think they are doing it on purpose,

• Love 6
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

What about security cameras? I guess no one ever reviews the recordings unless a death or incident happens, so Sonny can come and go as he wills to mess with Ava's mind and spirits? Griffin should go ahead and report him.

Carly is infuriating in her hypocrisy. She and Sonny are both impossible hypocrites, and their casual comments about Ava needing death for their vindication is outrageous. Haven't they heard that no one is above the law? Why doesn't Bobbie take Carly aside and admonish her about making open threats to have someone killed?

Today Carly was also irritating for sobbing in Jason's arms and grinding against him, telling him about Ava. Is she trying to get Jason to kill Ava if she can't goad Sonny into doing that?

And this is why I hate Sonny with the heat of 1,000,000 suns...and Carly when she is with him too. Gah! Such a  miserable little moobster!!! Maybe the shoe black hair dye affected his brain. You killed AJ in cold blood you worthless worthless little troll.  None of you have any right to judge each other. You & Victor Newman each deserve to pay (& I mean PAY!) for your atrocious behavior.

This crap raises my BP...even with FF through it....lol

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh jeez Carly, she should go kill Ava herself then.

I know. If she's so upset Ava is going to live, show some resolve and kill

Original recipe!Carly would have shut off the respirator yesterday, watched Avs suffocate then faked a breakdown to escape jail time.

I miss her.

• Love 4

Ava's got third degree burns over half her body and Carly's comment is "once again, Ava gets away with it."  I mean...

not to mention it's rich that someone who has gotten away with all manner of crimes for two decades is acting the martyr.

Shut up, Carly.

• Love 16

Did tout le monde forget that Valentin was SHOT? How can he just bandage that up and be all the way to the Canadian border already? If he lost blood, wouldn't he be weak? Doesn't infection set in pretty readily with gunshot wounds? Just sayin'.

• Love 5

i watched the last 15 minutes of gh today. Ava being burned on half her body is awful. why couldnt she have gone into hiding? why did she have to throw the lantern? they could have had shoot sonny and carly.  

ive been reading recaps of the show and all these stories are awful. why do the writers take the viewers for idiots. 

jake was never going to kill people with the coffee thermos. charlotte is to old to be lulus.

gh should have some stories based in the real world like terrorists,immigratation, losing money because of the economy, discussing politcs,voting,maybe have a teenage pregnancy and have the girl actually keeping her baby.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, lor said:

gh should have some stories based in the real world like terrorists,immigratation, losing money because of the economy, discussing politcs,voting,maybe have a teenage pregnancy and have the girl actually keeping her baby.

I like the other ideas but no teen pregnancy please. GH has too many baby stories, I got tired of those on other soaps, and the teen pregnancy rate have significantly dropped in recent years. And on soaps pregnant teen girls always keep the babies anyway. I cant recall anyone giving there's away and not fighting for their baby back.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Did tout le monde forget that Valentin was SHOT? How can he just bandage that up and be all the way to the Canadian border already?

Well, he did wince a bit and hold his side.  But other than that, let's go do touristy things!

Sonny should have worn the hair net.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Well, he did wince a bit and hold his side.  But other than that, let's go do touristy things!

Sonny should have worn the hair net.

His hair is so plastered to his head he doesn't need it.

• Love 2

Today's show was all about redemption and Jelly can shove that shit right up their no talent asses. Not one of those fuckers they are asking for second chances deserve one from the folks they have wronged. Quasimodo's ass just ran off with Lulu's kid yet again. Yet she is the one that is supposed to do all the sacrificing to stay in a child's life she was robbed of from conception to years of her life already happening.

Then you got Liz out here all anyone can be redeemed. No dice. Franco may be all well and good for you to fuck, but Sam should stab his ass in the throat everytime she sees his greasy ass. Laura should never be okay with the man that killed her kid, Charlotte be damned. This thing Jelly is trying to push about turning the other cheek for the kid's sake is some bullshit. Especially when they do the damn opposite when it comes to Sonny and Ava. I am sure Tom would have loved that same redemption instead of that dog cage and shock collar he got.

Jason wasn't a parent to Jake in his first years before Helena stole him. But his ass has been in his life since he came back. I know cause that is all he gets bore the fuck out of Sam with when they do share scenes. Jason also knows how it feels to have a child killed cause he went through this when red head demon Michael was "killed." Wanting to kill Faith for his murder. Along with wanting to kill Luke for making Jake a pothole. I am sure he would have wanted to kill Heather if she hadn't fallen off the roof and hurt herself instead of killing Danny.

Billy Miller's face sums of how I feel about GH these days.

• Love 7
(edited)

Every time I hear it repeated that Morgan had won, he was beating his condition, and Ava took that victory away from him, it rings hollow because it's Sonny and Carly. AJ was beating his alcoholism before Carly drugged him, dumped him in a back alley, and doused him with booze, making his family think he had let them down again. He believed it himself too, didn't he? But he was beating it again when Sonny kidnapped him, had him hung on a meathook, and put bottles of booze in the room. Jason was off the canvas during the latter story, but I find it hard to imagine him saying "That's sick" about that. But it was.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Laura should never be okay with the man that killed her kid, Charlotte be damned.

She's not, though. I like that we're seeing some nuance for once. Laura hates Valentin, but he's her granddaughter's father, and she's trying to respect that relationship.

I was surprised we got the Laura/Elizabeth scenes in the first place, TBH. Laura of course should have been at Jake's birthday celebration in the first place—the magic set could have come after she left—but the fact she and Elizabeth could have a bit of a post mortem after everything was logical, for a change.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

And this is why I hate Sonny with the heat of 1,000,000 suns...and Carly when she is with him too. Gah! Such a  miserable little moobster!!! Maybe the shoe black hair dye affected his brain. You killed AJ in cold blood you worthless worthless little troll.  None of you have any right to judge each other. You & Victor Newman each deserve to pay (& I mean PAY!) for your atrocious behavior.

This crap raises my BP...even with FF through it....lol

Seriously, my BP goes thru the roof, my Doctor didn't believe me when I told him GH is responsible and put me on BP meds. I never had BP issues before. I'm thinking TFIIC should pay for my meds, $125 per month writers, cough it up.

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Another LOL at Dante saying Lulu wouldn't have done what Valentin did if she were in his shoes. She totally would have gone on the run!

I can't understand how they didn't have Lulu grab Charlotte and run since she's 3000 months pregnant. They didn't even try to hide it this episode, what goes through their minds?

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Never mind.

Perfection in two words. Possibly the best tshirt idea ever: General Hospital: Never mind. That about sums it up perfectly.

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's not, though. I like that we're seeing some nuance for once. Laura hates Valentin, but he's her granddaughter's father, and she's trying to respect that relationship.

I was surprised we got the Laura/Elizabeth scenes in the first place, TBH. Laura of course should have been at Jake's birthday celebration in the first place—the magic set could have come after she left—but the fact she and Elizabeth could have a bit of a post mortem after everything was logical, for a change.

Yea, the Laura/Liz scenes were actually logical and decent, which is such a hard thing for this show to accomplish normally. But then they had to add in a 'Franco is redeemed!" soliloquy from Liz and they basically ruined the good they just did.

55 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Perfection in two words. Possibly the best tshirt idea ever: General Hospital: Never mind. That about sums it up perfectly.

Yea, I think we have a t-shirt winner.

ETA: And now in addition to the extra space at the end of quotes, numbers are appearing. And I can't remove either. Dammit! Is anyone else having these problems?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But then they had to add in a 'Franco is redeemed!" soliloquy from Liz and they basically ruined the good they just did.

Ugh, seriously. Franco has a ways to go before he's Man of the Year, Show.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It is bullshit that Sonny even got into Ava's hospital room (nobody noticed the mob don donning a gown?), but his attitude when Griffin caught him in there was almost worse.

What about security cameras? I guess no one ever reviews the recordings unless a death or incident happens, so Sonny can come and go as he wills to mess with Ava's mind and spirits?

Port Charles never seems to have security cameras in place where they need them.  Paul Hornsby's killing spree could have been stopped if the hospital had functioning security cameras in the public areas of the hospital.  After the first murder, they could have checked the video and seen who entered the deceased's hospital room and followed the killer's movements before and after the murder.  It's basic security these days.  While on the subject, why hasn't the city of Port Charles put security cameras on the docks?  There is so much crime committed down there yet there does not seem to be a single security camera in place.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Port Charles never seems to have security cameras in place where they need them.  Paul Hornsby's killing spree could have been stopped if the hospital had functioning security cameras in the public areas of the hospital.  After the first murder, they could have checked the video and seen who entered the deceased's hospital room and followed the killer's movements before and after the murder.  It's basic security these days.  While on the subject, why hasn't the city of Port Charles put security cameras on the docks?  There is so much crime committed down there yet there does not seem to be a single security camera in place.  

There are only security cameras where/when it's convenient for Sam/Jason/Carly to get Spinelli to find the tapes that somehow implicit one of their enemies, never them.  

Every time I hear it repeated that Morgan had won, he was beating his condition, and Ava took that victory away from him, it rings hollow because it's Sonny and Carly. AJ was beating his alcoholism before Carly drugged him, dumped him in a back alley, and doused him with booze, making his family think he had let them down again. He believed it himself too, didn't he? 

Yeah, but he was fat.  And didn't have cool tattoos like Morgan...

• Love 4

After listening to the 345,978th discussion of Morgan being off his pills, and the 4,790th time Lulu has berated herself to the same person/people about tipping off Valentin, I'm struck by how many more stories could actually be taking place on this bleeping show if the bleeping writers would just stop having the characters repeat themselves every.blinking.day.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, rur said:

the 4,790th time Lulu has berated herself to the same person/people about tipping off Valentin

I liked that yesterday, at least (haven't seen today's ep yet), nobody tried too hard to tell her it wasn't her fault Valentin split. It totally is!

• Love 1

Once again, Show, don't have your mob boss and former hit man protagonists sit around drinking fancy scotch and toasting to justice.  Just don't do it.

Relatedly, I'm fine with LUCAS (!!!!) reading Julian for filth, but scenes like that only serve to remind me of the show's hypocrisy on this issue.  It's also all we ever see Lucas on-screen to do, read Julian.  How about a scene with him and his HUSBAND, Show?

Oh gawd, it's fuckin' Spencer.  And he's back to avenge Nikolas' murder and reclaim Wyndemere?  KMN.  Valentin could get back some cred with me by pushing that little brat off the parapet.

Total teleporter move today with Anna et. al showing up in Niagra Falls in, like, two seconds.

Scout is super cute.

• Love 12

Give it up for the PC wormhole, transporting Anna, Dante, and Lulu to Niagara Falls in the span of one commercial break. How do I get a wormhole for my own use? Because I started looking for the exit the moment Spencer appeared. That kid isn't nearly as adorable as he thinks he is. I'm annoyed we got Spencer scenes when no one has seen or heard from Cinnabon in months.

Lucas needs to teach Sonny's kids the art of not tolerating their father's bullshit. I really hope he and Sam hold strong and don't give Julian the sympathy he's looking for. But of course we have Alexis letting Julian hold Scout, when it should be up to Sam to determine if Julian can know her child. I keep waiting in vain for the day Alexis does something other than enable Julian.

I tuned out Sonny's blah blah blah to Jason because I didn't feel like elevating my blood pressure today. But I'd still like to say fuck off, Sonny.

Anna's exasperated sigh when Valentin pulled out the gun was everything. Like, "Really? Someone's pointing a gun at me again? Must be Tuesday."

• Love 7

So how come the show hasn't touched on the fact of how GROSS it is that Valentin slept with Alex, thinking it was Anna and Alex knew this? Essentially, he did NOT consent to sex with Alex, she manipulated his feelings to get what she wanted.  Wouldn't this be considered a form of sexual assault?  Ugh. This show is awful.

Spencer. Ugh. Can we get some actual Cassadines who behave like actual Cassadines? Please and thank you.

Again GH, please stop trying to sell that Jason was ever a father to Jake. And maybe bring up the time Sonny gave away Morgan and how that kid spent YEARS having holidays with the families of his friends by CHOICE.  Those two losers, boozing it out and trying to sound so SAGE. Painfully terrible.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, it's fuckin' Spencer.  And he's back to avenge Nikolas' murder and reclaim Wyndemere?

Oh, FFS. He's 12 years old. (Or whatever.) What's he going to do, rig the house à la Home Alone? Not funny or clever at this point.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, rur said:

After listening to the 345,978th discussion of Morgan being off his pills, and the 4,790th time Lulu has berated herself to the same person/people about tipping off Valentin, I'm struck by how many more stories could actually be taking place on this bleeping show if the bleeping writers would just stop having the characters repeat themselves every.blinking.day.

But then the writers would have to think of other stories to write

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, FFS. He's 12 years old. (Or whatever.) What's he going to do, rig the house à la Home Alone? Not funny or clever at this point.

And does Laura punish him for ditching school and traveling internationally without her permission?  No, he gets pizza.  Bad, Laura, bad!

• Love 8

I hate to give Valentin anything at all, but I will give him a fourth of a point today for, probably for the first time, acknowledging in front of Lulu AND in front of Charlotte that Lulu is Charlotte's mother.

• Love 4
(edited)

Previews...not only are we getting MAC tomorrow, but CAMERON* as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* I assume he's back on-screen to look the fool opposite Spencer, ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

Anna's exasperated sigh when Valentin pulled out the gun was everything. Like, "Really? Someone's pointing a gun at me again? Must be Tuesday."

Total "Oh, FFS".  The other facial expression I enjoyed was Laura when she said she could multi-task missing that insufferable snot Spencer and being mad at him.

• Love 3

Hmmm If Charlotte is Lulu's daughter, and Lulu is Laura's daughter, and Spencer is Laura's grandson, are Charlotte and Spencer related? Or are they the new kid romance for the upcoming summer?

Anna is arresting Valentin and marching him off to the Hague and a trial without---oh let's see--taking him for a checkup regarding his gunshot wound at the hospital? Maybe Anna can pick up some Neosporin, aspirin, and a new bandage at Walgreen's on the way to the Hague.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And does Laura punish him for ditching school and traveling internationally without her permission?  No, he gets pizza.  Bad, Laura, bad!

And also apparently forging Laura's name on a note to the school about Laura needing him home immediately.

2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Hmmm If Charlotte is Lulu's daughter, and Lulu is Laura's daughter, and Spencer is Laura's grandson, are Charlotte and Spencer related? Or are they the new kid romance for the upcoming summer?

Charlotte and Spencer are related via the Cassadine side, are they not? Cousins?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Charlotte and Spencer are first cousins via Lulu and Nikolas. They are second cousins via Valentin and Nikolas

• Love 6

I think the school should have tried to reach Laura before letting Spencer leave. After all, it might have been a kidnapper hoax. Also, most airlines would require the name and contact number for the party who was meeting the child in case the flight is delayed, etc. Many airlines require a responsible adult party to accompany a child at check-in too in case the flight is delayed or cancelled.

• Love 2
(edited)

Also the reason that Laura allowed Spencer to attend that school was because the security would keep Spencer safe from Valentin that already tried yo kidnap him.

So great job, exclusive fancy school.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 14

Charlotte and Spencer are related via the Cassadine side, are they not? Cousins?

Yes, but that's more distant than them being first cousins via Nikolas and Lulu.  Or half first cousins,  technically.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm dreading Spencer meeting Charlotte.  Whether he's a nice to her or a brat to her, it's going to be pretty annoying, I'd imagine.

The viewers definitely lose either way.

• Love 6