Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think the audience is meant to think Sonny is in the right, even though we might be supposed to be sumpathetic because he was hurt by Carly sleeping with Jax.

And it's not like this is going to last.  I have to imagine that, eventually, Jax is going to go under the bus and Joss will love "Uncle Sonny" again and Carly will be begging for another shot at his mobster pepperoni. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sure, why not? Carly's mad at him right now, and he saved their daughter's life, and why would the other two even want to get involved?

Carly and the Corinthii ilk don't need to be angry with someone to fuck up their lives.  Morgan had zero reason to hate Jax and yet when he heard Jax was in town, he sneered and scoffed right along with Sonny as though they had years of animosity between them, when we know that's not true. Michael had zero reason to hate Jax and yet yapped on about blood diamonds and Jax being no better than Sonny.  And Dante is always picking and choosing his self-righteous moments, not unusually siding with Sonny most of the time.

So no, I don't buy that any of them are suddenly sticking up for Jax or pointing out the mess Sonny is making or feeling back for Jax.  Michael would totally be yelling about Jax unleashing Nelle. So would Carly.  And I can easily imagine Dante huffing and snotting at Jax for making a mess.

This is not being done for Jax, it's strictly being done to create more strife for S&C and their reunion. This show trying to assert that Carly and Michael suddenly care about Jax? Big fat nope.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Did Show ever tell us why Jax knew that Jake's kidney wouldn't work? That seems to be a big hole in this storyline.

I was in and out that week, but I believe the idea is that Jax didn't know about "Jake's kidney" until after he had already procured the one from Nelle?  So he thought Joss indeed got "Jake's kidney" and had made arrangements for Nelle's to go to someone else in need.

• Love 1

I think Jax said he contacted Nelle's father before Jake "died" and donated his kidney to Joss.  Jax then told Frank to find another patient for the other "donated" kidney.  Jax believed, like everyone else, that Jake was really dead.  If he thought there was a possibility that the kidney was not Jake's and that he may still be alive, he would have told Lucky, Jason and Elizabeth.

• Love 1

This whole crap with Jax wouldn't be happening if Pointless Jake wasn't resurrected. He was DEAD. Scrubs saw him...DEAD. So now Jax has to be roadkill because Ron Carlivati wanted shock value for...no reason.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think Jax said he contacted Nelle's father before Jake "died" and donated his kidney to Joss.  Jax then told Frank to find another patient for the other "donated" kidney.

That's what Jax said. It still doesn't explain how Jax could get a kidney that quickly in the first place, but I doubt we'll ever hear that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's what Jax said. It still doesn't explain how Jax could get a kidney that quickly in the first place, but I doubt we'll ever hear that.

That is why you can never apply logic while watching a soap....especially this one.  That is why Jake was 4 years old when he "donated" his kidney to a one year old Joss.  When he came back from the dead, Jake was 8 years old and Joss was twelve or thirteen.    

• Love 5

The number of dumb things that are happening/have happened on this show because of RC is so fucking irritating. He wasn't even here that long. How did he manage to do so much dumb shit in such a short time period?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Vella said:

This is not being done for Jax, it's strictly being done to create more strife for S&C and their reunion. This show trying to assert that Carly and Michael suddenly care about Jax? Big fat nope.

Agree to disagree. Who it's been done for doesn't go hand in hand necessarily whether it's plausible. His friends and family are always pointing out Sonny's screw ups to him. They just say it's ok later because he loves his kids/has dimples, etc etc.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

The number of dumb things that are happening/have happened on this show because of RC is so fucking irritating. He wasn't even here that long. How did he manage to do so much dumb shit in such a short time period?

I think what the subsequent writers did with that decision - starting Carly's hunt for the kidney donor/introducing Nelle, using Jake as a Franco prop, delaying what could have been a legitimately interesting story about what Jake went through during his captivity for over a year - was almost worse, IMO.

• Love 2

Honestly I enjoyed today's ep lol. For some reason I wasn't getting rage blackouts from Sonny's Sonny-ness today I was just laughing and laughing over it.

There were so many things that gave me such a laugh today. Dante suddenly just having to do the right thing as a cop and arrest Jax when he normally turns a blind eye to Sonny's illegal acts; Michael acting like Sonny getting Jax arrested would result in his family never forgiving him as if it's the worst thing Sonny's done; Sonny's smirk and wink after Carly called him a sneaky son of a bitch.

I liked the Quartermaine scenes like I always do, but ew at the Luke mention.

• Love 5

Wow wow wow.  Sonny really stooped to new lows in the pettiness and hypocrisy sweepstakes today, on so many levels.  Wow.  There are no words...

And Dante...  The cop who's able to overlook, oh, little things like being shot in the chest and felons skipping out on house arrest, but no such luck for Jax.  Did the main crime, removing and buying Nelle's kidney, even take place in his jurisdiction?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There were so many things that gave me such a laugh today. Dante suddenly just having to do the right thing as a cop and arrest Jax when he normally turns a blind eye to Sonny's illegal acts;

Dante usually has to arrest someone even when he doesn't want to; Michael, Morgan, Kristina, told the truth about Lulu wanting to run away with Connie, Kiki, Sonny himself, he even hauled Olivia in one time although I don't think she was actually arrested.*

That's the problem with the Sonny character; if he was hauled in everytime he committed a crime then they'd have to keep getting him out because he rescued the governor's wife/brother/cat/dog.

*This is why I'm sad the truth about Nathan shooting Griffin never came out. Dante arresting Nathan would have made for adorable scenes of dude-angst lol.

15 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Wow wow wow.  Sonny really stooped to new lows in the pettiness and hypocrisy sweepstakes today, on so many levels.  Wow.  There are no words...

And Dante...  The cop who's able to overlook, oh, little things like being shot in the chest and felons skipping out on house arrest, but no such luck for Jax.  Did the main crime, removing and buying Nelle's kidney, even take place in his jurisdiction?

How else will Nelle be able to pardon Jax of the crime then? ;)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Vella said:

They said HIS name in the Q home. That awful, awful name belonging to that awful creature and then pretended that he was the best thing that ever happened to Tracy. Ugh. This is JE's exit story? Ugh.

I so enjoyed Laura's recoil and shuddering reaction when someone  reminded them all that she is Luke's Ex and was present as they alluded to Tracy's affair with him. No nostalgia from Laura's corner!

Tracy has (at least) Lord Larry, a con-man and poseur, and Paul Hornsby, a serial killer, in her past. If Luke is the best of her prior mates, that's really sad and deplorable.

ROFL that someone actually brought up Monica's and Ned's long-ago scandalous liaison when Ned and Olivia were celebrating their engagement in a family setting. The Quartermaines never forget a juicy scandal.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

I just cannot anymore....I cannot sit thru the sanctimonious hypocritical bullshit that is Sonny anymore.. i had to rewind twice cuz I could not believe he actually said "my whole life my mantra's been what you do you pay for". What.The.F**K??!!   When has he paid for anything EVER???  I listened last week when he called Carly a whore that spreads her legs, and now this shit. And can we stop with Morgan, Morgan, Morgan??? I am only 17 minutes in and literally cannot listen to this crap dialogue anymore....not to mention MB cannot deliver any freakin lines without stuttering.. wtf?  Can't Jax please just slap the shit outta him??!!

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Dante usually has to arrest someone even when he doesn't want to; Michael, Morgan, Kristina, told the truth about Lulu wanting to run away with Connie, Kiki, Sonny himself, he even hauled Olivia in one time although I don't think she was actually arrested.*

That's the problem with the Sonny character; if he was hauled in everytime he committed a crime then they'd have to keep getting him out because he rescued the governor's wife/brother/cat/dog.

*This is why I'm sad the truth about Nathan shooting Griffin never came out. Dante arresting Nathan would have made for adorable scenes of dude-angst lol.

How else will Nelle be able to pardon Jax of the crime then? ;)

Not to mention Joss' Sonny-hate will be off the charts.....everyone is gonna hate him for this but Joss will really hate him...kinda can't wait for that!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Vella said:

So no, I don't buy that any of them are suddenly sticking up for Jax or pointing out the mess Sonny is making or feeling back for Jax.  Michael would totally be yelling about Jax unleashing Nelle. So would Carly.  And I can easily imagine Dante huffing and snotting at Jax for making a mess.

Maybe true but I'm enjoying people finally calling Sonny on his hypocrisy. Usually it's just everyone kissing up to him.

Icing in on the cake would be that someone points out to him that no matter how terrible Nelle is, if he hadn't slept with her it wouldn't have been a problem.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Icing in on the cake would be that someone points out to him that no matter how terrible Nelle is, if he hadn't slept with her it wouldn't have been a problem.

But, but, JAX sent Nelly on this path against the Corinthos family.  JAX had to know that the owner of the kidney he bought on the black market would one day show up and feign sex with Sonny just to break up Sonny and Carly. #allJaxsfault

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I dread the havoc he is gonna bring to Days. I am ashamed he is from my city and pray he never ever brings it up in any interviews.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He didn't sleep with her though.

13 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Not to mention Joss' Sonny-hate will be off the charts.....everyone is gonna hate him for this but Joss will really hate him...kinda can't wait for that!

I would be able to understand Joss getting along out of necessity's sake one day . . . but I never want to hear her call him "Uncle Sonny" again.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

ROFL that someone actually brought up Monica's and Ned's long-ago scandalous liaison when Ned and Olivia were celebrating their engagement in a family setting. The Quartermaines never forget a juicy scandal.

Dillon and Kiki probably had my favorite verbal reactions to that:

Kiki: Oh, yikes.
Dillon: Oh, boy.  She went there.

Olivia had my favorite facial reaction to it.

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe true but I'm enjoying people finally calling Sonny on his hypocrisy. Usually it's just everyone kissing up to him.

I think that's the reason Michael reacted the way he did.  He knew how hypocritical it was.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He didn't sleep with her though.

I would be able to understand Joss getting along out of necessity's sake one day . . . but I never want to hear her call him "Uncle Sonny" again.

Amen to that!!!!!. I do like this Joss actress, even if her age makes no sense at all.

• Love 1

Thank God for the Qs today....i wanted to see them so I sucked it up and got thru the rest of today.  But an hour later I am still enraged at the Sonny bs.  Oh, and stfu Michael....u f'n forgave him for killing your dad in cold blood and lying about it and even took back the Corinthis name so Stfu with your no one will forgive you bull. We can only wish.

Laura has never looked better than she has the last few months.  Not even in the 70s/80s heyday. Not having the dead weight of Luke/TG around really suits her! 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

For some reason I wasn't getting rage blackouts from Sonny's Sonny-ness today I was just laughing and laughing over it.

I did get a rage blackout from Sonny berating Jax for the kidney stuff. Sonny basically did the same thing for Alice and her heart, yet because he did it, it was noble and a gift to mankind. Meanwhile Jax is some sort of black market organ profiteer who did it to set up Sonny's lies about Nelle. 

"My whole life, my mantra's been, What you do you pay for." And then later, "We all make choices. We live with the consequences." Excuse me while I laugh myself into a coma.

Why can't Dante ignore the recording? He's certainly ignored worse. Like, say, Sonny shooting him in the chest.

It's pronounced brus-KETTA, people. You're not at the Olive Garden.

Julian lurking around PC in the fog was UCG. I enjoyed that, at least.

Michael, wash your hands of your idiot parents. You are their son, not their nanny.

• Love 14
On 4/14/2017 at 3:19 PM, Vella said:

Michael/Nelle are never going to happen. Both have anti-romantic chemistry and especially with each other.

I actually am starting to like them because Michael is finally being written as NOT wanting the romantic relationship and being the one pursued.  I hated the mess of Kiki because it was such contrived drivel, and then they had Michael bending over backwards to get Sabrina back when SHE was the one that lied to him and married another man.  Michael always has to be the one to be the good guy, the guy who forgives.  Right now, he won't forgive Nelle, and I like it.  I also like that it's him she wants to change for, and so far I see Nelle being genuine about her feelings for Michael.  Then you throw in how much Carly and Sonny hate Nelle, and it's perfect for me right now.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

And Michael can fuck off with his "if Jax goes to prison, we'll never forgive you!" He killed your FATHER, Michael, and you're a-okay with that, so don't expect me to believe that this business with Jax is going to change your opinion of Sonny. 

Eh, I don't get mad anymore because the writers WON'T allow Michael to hate Sonny.  It ain't happening.  So I can't hate the character when they won't allow him to use the perfect argument on planet earth to silence Sonny like "You are in no position to preach to me about not suffering consequences.  You murdered my father, lied to my face, and then begged my forgiveness - which I gave to you and you didn't deserve it."  Unfortunately, the writers NEVER give Michael that dialogue and they never will.  So I don't feel Michael has to fuck off for something none of the writers (regardless of regime) will allow, and I was happy that Michael was mad at Sonny.  I just wish the writers would stop making Michael the Gatekeeper of his family.  I think one of my favorite lines from Michael last week was to Nelle when he said "I can't fix you.  It's not my job."  If only he could say the same to his parents.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Why can't Dante ignore the recording? He's certainly ignored worse. Like, say, Sonny shooting him in the chest.

Because Nelle has to appear and say she's not pressing charges and thus, making herself look a bit dreamier in Michael's eyes. 

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael, wash your hands of your idiot parents. You are their son, not their nanny.

Yeah, I get he's just trying to be helpful, but Sonny and Carly don't actually want this to be solved. They just want someone to tell them they're write, so I don't know why Michael is even bothering.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Because Nelle has to appear and say she's not pressing charges

Which isn't up to her, but details, details. (Sneering at the show, not you, ulkis. Never you!) I wonder if there's some sort of statute of limitations?

• Love 4

If someone could be a friend and tell me in one sentence why Julian wants to kill Alexis.  I don't watch, I'm just watching for Tracy now , but being a soap watcher for many years,  if I need to know - I NEED to KNOW, ya know?  Thank you.

Edited by TessHarding2

Was there any reason given why Michael is not at the do at the Quartermaines?  I mean, he and Ned aren't super close, but it is his (second?) cousin and he's known Olivia a long time/likes her.  Also, his and Tracy's recent bond has been sweet and I hope he's not completely absent from her exit story because Sonny's stubbed his toe or whatever.

ETA...oh geez, wait til Sonny finds out Olivia and Ned are engaged.  "That bastard Quartermaine, romancing MY woman who I haven't been with in years due to my cheating on her!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

If someone could be a friend and tell me in one sentence why Julian wants to kill Alexis.  I don't watch, I'm just watching for Tracy now , but being a soap watcher for many years,  if I need to know - I NEED to KNOW, ya know?  Thank you.

He didn't WANT to kill her, he just made a show of it because his sister made him (Olivia, not Ava) because she wanted revenge on him. I think.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was there any reason given why Michael is not at the do at the Quartermaines?  I mean, he and Ned aren't super close, but it is his (second?) cousin and he's known Olivia a long time/likes her.  Also, his and Tracy's recent bond has been sweet and I hope he's not completely absent from her exit story because Sonny's stubbed his toe or whatever.

ETA...oh geez, wait til Sonny finds out Olivia and Ned are engaged.  "That bastard Quartermaine, romancing MY woman who I haven't been with in years due to my cheating on her!".

I don't think he'll care, even if he does find out. Thankfully.

2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan is the new Duke, Duke, Duke.

Well, except for how Duke was once exciting, compelling and sympathetic, sure.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Which isn't up to her, but details, details. (Sneering at the show, not you, ulkis. Never you!) I wonder if there's some sort of statute of limitations?

I already forget why I quoted this (i.e. I thought I quoted more context), so, I'm going to pretend this is about Nelle not pressing charges against Jax, and then I'm going to say: that might work. Nelle has no ongoing file with the PCPD about her stolen kidney. I'm not sure Sonny's allegations mean a damn, if Nelle isn't out there saying, "Hey, someone stole my kidney, when I was a minor child, in [whatever year that was]." 

In other words, I do think this leg of the story is to make Nelle more "admirable" or "sympathetic."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Thanks.  Of course I had to strain my head wondering how Olivia got to be his sister but then I remembered old Olivia was on the show for a bit.  I'm not even going to ask why the One Life to Live lady was on.

I really, really want someone to say to Carly - in front of Jax, Sonny, Michael and Joss - "You had sex with Sonny while married to Jax because you were destroyed over Michael being comatose due to Mob violence, you had sex with Jax while married to Sonny because you are destroyed over Morgan getting blown up due to Mob violence, you helped Sonny cover up him murdering Michael's biological father - and you think Nelle is a treacherous snake who should have seen the good in you?!?"

ETA: When Carly was going on to Jax (in that voice of dismay she has) that Michael is kind, forgiving etc. and Nelle will take advantage of that ... it was SUCH a wasted opportunity to not have that conversation in public, where Tracy could overhear and wander by, saying "Yes, you only appreciate those qualities in Michael when you want him to get over something reprehensible that you and Sonny have done. You see them as weaknesses when they don't suit your agenda."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
another thought
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

If Sonny and Carly were still together, I think he'd be Mr. Magnanimous and wish her well with minimal snark to Ned. But now that he's in a snit, I can see him being snider than usual. If he's not happy, no one else can be. Olivia will tell him to stop pouting, and he'll grudgingly tell her he's happy for her. Because it's all about him, as usual.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Sonny and Carly were still together, I think he'd be Mr. Magnanimous and wish her well with minimal snark to Ned. But now that he's in a snit, I can see him being snider than usual.  If he's not happy, no one else can be. Olivia will tell him to stop pouting, and he'll grudgingly tell her he's happy for her. Because it's all about him, as usual.

Exactly.  I was actually reminded me of VicTodd snarling something very similar to Marty - his rape victim - on OLTL at one point, because she had the gall to refuse to help him win over his shiny new daughter.  And Sonny is totally from the same mold, acting like his pain trumps everyone else's pain and that it gives him the right to act as assy as he wants.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Vella said:

Really? I'm suppose to believe that ANY Corinthos would be on Jax's side? Carly, Michael, Dante?  Bull fucking shit, there is NO way they'd be defending him.

And I really don't believe Sonny would leave before watching Jax get carted off in handcuffs.

They said HIS name in the Q home. That awful, awful name belonging to that awful creature and then pretended that he was the best thing that ever happened to Tracy. Ugh. This is JE's exit story? Ugh.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pitch a fit you all will hear in your living rooms if Luke is Tracy's endgame. She hasn't talked about him in almost two years. So lame.

I did giggle at Tracy and Monica today. But the biggest laugh was that Dull and Duller weren't invited to the engagement party. I laughed out loud at that one. Didn't stop them from staying until they got what they wanted, though. *RME*

• Love 3

LOL Sonny the murdering criminal mobster actually said today "Jax did something illegal, he should pay." 

I hope Joss sticks to her hating Sonny forever comment. 

There's no way that tape recording taken by a criminal on a cell phone could be considered real evidence.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Artsda said:

There's no way that tape recording taken by a criminal on a cell phone could be considered real evidence.

I was hoping Dante would press "delete".  "Oops, sorry Sonny, I just can't get the hang of working these cellphones.  Ever since my father shot me in the chest at point blank range, I've been having these memory loss issues."

• Love 21
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Magic. I guess the writers are just going with magic.

8 hours ago, Linny said:

Sonny's motto is "what you do, you pay for." Really, dude? REALLY?? Because I've never seen him face any long term consequences for his actions. Any time he's ever been arrested he's been released for one bullshit reason or another. He goes home to his mansion and his millions, to his adoring children and to the women who worship him, and he basks in his ego and his power because he's untouchable. And now he's got the gall to try to take down Jax, a man who made a terrible decision that was necessary to save his child, all because that's the only way Sonny can feel superior to Jax. Sonny's a small, pathetic man, and it drives me crazy that he's the male lead we're supposed to support.

And Michael can fuck off with his "if Jax goes to prison, we'll never forgive you!" He killed your FATHER, Michael, and you're a-okay with that, so don't expect me to believe that this business with Jax is going to change your opinion of Sonny. 

This stupid, stupid show.  Jax committed a crime and that means he needs to pay for it, Sonny? So I guess that you'll be following Jax and Dante down to the station to confess to the plethora of crimes you've committed. 

So where in PC, Scotty is shouting about Sonny's heinous crimes against underage girls. 

Especially since Sonny actually procured a fucking heart for Alice. Which means someone dies to make that transaction.  But hey, Sonny had to get Michael's and Morgan's love back somehow. So totes different, right Sonny?

I. Just. Can't. Deal.

As for Dante arresting Jax, I don't think that he can. For one thing, he has only a confession of a possible crime. A crime that may have taken place in another state. So a judge probably needs to issue an arrest warrant. Also, does the statute of limitations take effect here? This crime took place between 6 to 14 years ago. Depending on Joss' real age and Jake.

Which is where the writers have made this story even harder to explain. Joss was an infant and Jake a four year old toddler when her kidneys went kaput. Joss is now 12+ years old and Jake is 10 ish. Explain this crap away, dumbass hacks. 

Fuck off Michael. Sonny being responsible for Jax being arrested will be your new line in the sand for your family to never forgive him?  Fuck off. And give your resignation as CEO of ELQ. Your don't deserve it. The scumbag murdered your biological father(and Scummy also admitted that he did steal you from AJ too) and pretty much got away with it. Forcing Monica to mourn yet another loved one. So fuck off and go make cow eyes at your newly found adopted aunt. Who somehow was a perfect match for your little sister. To whom Nell is supposedly not biologically related to. *SkipperBitch eyeroll *

I hate this crap.

The Q stuff was the only good on today. Sure, Aston steals Tracy's valuable painting is contrived. But, the Qs had some great lines. So that is all that matters.

• Love 8