Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This is why I loved Manny. He was evil. He lived to torture Jason and his Sweetness Sam. You know what else he had. A brain tumor. Know what he did after said tumor was removed. Shot Sam in Jason's arms. Then kidnapped her with the intention to brand her as his. Not once was he crying about being misunderstood.

I would love to see him again, just not under Frank and Jelly.

• Love 6

why are we supposed to think Franco and liz are sexy?  he always looks like he's dirty and hes too involved with jakes life. 

someone should punch nelle in the face. enough with her crazy story. are we supposed to believe she never had one person in her life she could trust expect her father who was a gambler and a liar. why did her father stay with her and not carly.? 

38 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

This is why I loved Manny. He was evil.

I liked Manny, too, mostly because Robert LaSardo conveyed real menace. And Manny usually followed through on his threats. But that was also a time when sexual violence was directed at Sam a lot, and it was really gross.

• Love 4

And pairing Manny opposite Jason did not work. Jason being sold as the hero did not work. It doesn't work to have two characters who are basically the same and then say "oh, 1 is evil and the other is a hero and heartthrob'.  Plus RLS acted circles around Steve Burton. More compelling, more charismatic, more threatening that MB or SB have EVER been. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Or Faith. I miss her. She was more badass than Ava ever dreamed of being and she didn't indulge in tears or simpering

Pre-Justus, no, but after she and Justus got together, she did.  Which was a shame.

• Love 2

Check out Sunday's post on Wubs.  Well said, including this -- Lulu: "Griffin...did I tell you how much I miss Charlotte?? Did I? She's my DAUGHTER.  Did you know that??  She is!! MINE I TELL YOU!  What? What's that? Rocco? Oh I have no idea, I think my mother has him. Doesn't matter, I have a daughter now!! "

• Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Vella said:

And pairing Manny opposite Jason did not work. Jason being sold as the hero did not work. It doesn't work to have two characters who are basically the same and then say "oh, 1 is evil and the other is a hero and heartthrob'.  Plus RLS acted circles around Steve Burton. More compelling, more charismatic, more threatening that MB or SB have EVER been. 

Yup.  RLS is plying his acting craft on the regular (according IMDB) while Burton peddles whey protein products on twitter and thinks he's a singer in a dreadful cover band.  :P

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 4

One thing I liked about the retconned Jerry Jacks: He made no apologies about being evil.

Well, and also, it wasn't much of a loss, because the Julian Sands version of Jerry had been such a damp squib. I guess there were some Jerry/Bobbie fans at the time, but he wasn't around long and didn't make much of a mark.  

Or Faith. I miss her. She was more badass than Ava ever dreamed of being and she didn't indulge in tears or simpering

Pre-Justus, no, but after she and Justus got together, she did.

There was also her inexplicable, badly written obsession with Ric Lansing, which I think we actually were supposed to take seriously as some kind of love. I thought Cynthia Preston was a trouper with a lot of charisma, but I have no fond memories at all of that character, because the writing for her was so random, pulled out of the ass, and misogynistic. She was one of those characters who would do over-the-top bad things so Pruza would have an a priori justification for having her humiliated and begging.

• Love 1

Show: You must be DYING to catch up on the last few episodes you missed!!!  Aren't you excited to see what Sonny and Carly have been up to!?!?

Me: 2017-04-06-awt-bh-34.gif

(Not for nothing, Coke!Kelly up there doing her first line using the check her deadbeat dad (Sean Donely!) left her may be my favorite soap moment of all time (...unrelated to Kish).  This is how you do an entertaining drug addition storyline, Dr. Michael Easton!).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, Vyk said:

Time and time again, I see either posts wanting villains who are just evil for evil's sake, and then others clamoring for layered villains.  So which is it?  Which do viewers want? 

Why not both? They aren't mutually exclusive. For me the main problem with the backtracking on evil is that, as Oracle42 mentioned, there's always some "bullshit woobie backstory." A brain tumor. Serious scoliosis of the spine. A man who done her wrong. Blech.

One thing I liked about the retconned Jerry Jacks: He made no apologies about being evil. 

That had that with Olivia Jerome, but then Sonny had to go in and intimidate the hell out of her, so now she's paranoid to 11 that Sonny will kill her one day.

But yeah, Jerry is the last Unapologetic Evil Guy left, and even he had a soft spot for Family.

20 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

This is why I loved Manny. He was evil.

I've always envisioned a scene at the hospital to show how evil he was -- by holding a clipboard way above Robin's head while every one of our (gag) "Heroes" stood around unable to stop him.

19 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

even [Jerry] had a soft spot for Family

Which in some ways made his evil even worse, as Jax usually couldn't talk him out of whatever terrible thing he was up to for the sake of family. Jerry would maybe warn Jax of what was to come and went ahead with it anyway. Jerry had a certain integrity as far that went.

• Love 3
On 4/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, ulkis said:

There were several pieces of hilarious Carly dialogue today, but the best line was "once Nelle got to know the real me, she should have known everything she heard about me was a lie." lol. Okay, Carly.

Ha!  I loved that.  When she said that, I thought to myself actually now that Nelle knows you she knows everything she's heard is 100% true!

• Love 2

So seriously, did I miss anything of interest?

I read that at least, while going under the bus, Jax was given cover regarding knowing Jake was alive.  True?

And did anything come of the speculation about Anna's AMC twin sister?

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So seriously, did I miss anything of interest?

I read that at least, while going under the bus, Jax was given cover regarding knowing Jake was alive.  True?

And did anything come of the speculation about Anna's AMC twin sister?

I think so to the first.

I'd answer yes to the second although it's not 100%, but I think it is her. She was acting too weird on Friday.

Sonny (to Nelle): There's something wrong with you.

Me: I mean...she drugged you and that's super not cool.  But you are a mobster and a murderer and drunkenly sleeping with Nelle would have not been that off-brand for you.  So maybe dial back on the moral indignation just a touch.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Me: I mean...she drugged you and that's super not cool.  But you are a mobster and a murderer and drunkenly sleeping with Nelle would have not been that off-brand for you.  So maybe dial back on the moral indignation just a touch.

Also, sleeping with Nelle was the worst mistake of his life? Really? Is he sure about that? Is he REALLY sure?

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but is Sonny more offended by being drugged or that he was tricked into thinking he'd slept with Nelle? Because really, the only thing he has a legitimate gripe about is the drugging, which was totally gross, even when it happens to Sonny. 

• Love 2

And it really shouldn't change anything since, all along, what Carly has been most upset about was the lying, letting Nelle stay close to her to do more harm.

But now we're supposed to feel sorry for poor, innocent Sonny because Nelle is a lying bitch and Carly - who just hooked up with Jax - is a faithless whore.  But yeah, Jean/Shelly, you're really rocking it with these strong women. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

If Jake is old enough to disobey his parents and run away from his babysitter and go to Franco's where his parents don't know where he is, he is old enough to know an age-appropriate version of why his dad doesn't want him to be around Franco and what Franco did to his step-mom. 

• Love 5

Liz was so unnecessarily snotty to Sam today. Damn, girl, you can support your BF without tearing down Sam in the process. Sam isn't some interloper, she's Jake's step mom and the mother of his siblings. Her role in Jake's life is much more permanent than Franco's at this point, so Liz needs to drop the attitude and zip it.

Classic Sonny. Nelle tells the truth and extends an olive branch, and Sonny sets it on fire. Not saying he should automatically forgive her, because her behavior was heinous, but it's so Sonny to give zero fucks about anything that's not his own pain. He can't offer an ounce of compassion for Nelle, whose offenses were pretty minor compared to the shit Sonny himself has pulled over the years (hello, shooting Dante in the chest).

Jake, the child who was run over by a car, is not at all reticent to roam the streets by himself at night. And Liz, knowing this, left him in the car alone while she refereed Jason and Franco. This kid needs people who will pay attention to him, not fight over him or foist babysitters on him. 

I'm so thrilled we got a sex scene that didn't involve Franco that I won't complain about classy Carly keeping her wedding set on while in bed with Jax. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The fact the dude who banged his son's girlfriend in the crypt of his other son's father, whom he killed, on the day of his funeral, is seen as morally superior to ANYONE is why this show is a joke.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The fact the dude who banged his son's girlfriend in the crypt of his other son's father, whom he killed, on the day of his funeral, is seen as morally superior to ANYONE is why this show is a joke.

Our romantic male lead, ladies and gentlemen!

• Love 6

CarJax got an actual love scene. Wow. 

Laura can make this type of stuff work with Ingo in a way that she never could with Maurice. I'm not going to watch Carly feel guilty about sleeping with him because Sonny didn't really bag Nelle. Gag. This show sucks. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It's not as if Sonny hasn't drugged people before.  He drugged and raped Scott's daughter Karen when she was a teenager.  He also forced her to become a stripper at his club and tried to  kill her when she broke away from him.  During Carly and Jax's custody battle for Joss, Sonny paid a woman to set up Jax by drugging him and accusing him of rape.  So yeah, Sonny needs to dial WAY back on the moral indignation.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

During Carly and Jax's custody battle for Joss, Sonny paid a woman to set up Jax by drugging him and accusing him of rape.

I forgot all about this.  What a charmer that Sonny is.  #eyeroll

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Laura can make this type of stuff work with Ingo in a way that she never could with Maurice. I'm not going to watch Carly feel guilty about sleeping with him because Sonny didn't really bag Nelle. Gag. This show sucks. 

But Jax can do so much better than Carly! Maybe no woman on this show, but in real life he would have his pick of the Amal Alamuddins of the world.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I don't think Carly will feel that guilty, or maybe that's just what I'm hoping. She didn't seem very upset afterwards. 

Although really, shouldn't Jax and Sonny feel kinda squicky sharing Carly so many times now? They might as well all go to bed at the same time.

Chad's mouth was just gaping in the opening scene. Habits are fine, but that was a little out of hand.

"Then why is he more comfortable with me?" Oh yeah, Franco's really trying to keep the peace there. 

Come on, even Sonny isn't so stupid or self-involved as to think not having slept with Nelle would fix everything. 

I thought of @HeatLifer when Sam just sat there without a single word after Liz said the why is she involved line. 

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I forgot all about this.  What a charmer that Sonny is.  #eyeroll

Oh, I didn't. That's why I went wtf at all this "can you ever forgive me?" stuff.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny is a greasy ball of heinousness that slithers around and contaminates everything and everyone in his wake.  

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Carly will feel that guilty, or maybe that's just what I'm hoping. She didn't seem very upset afterwards. 

I doubt she will. She's still too mad at Sonny. Sleeping with Jax was a grief fuck for him, but it was a revenge fuck for Carly.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought of @HeatLifer when Sam just sat there without a single word after Liz said the why is she involved line. 

Sam is quite possibly the most horribly boring character this show has seen in the past five years. And, yes, I'm including Dullen, Kiki, Nelle, and Michael in this evaluation.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam is quite possibly the most horribly boring character this show has seen in the past five years. And, yes, I'm including Dullen, Kiki, Nelle, and Michael in this evaluation.

Impossible what about Nathan? Cullen and Kiki? Really? 

And of course Sam wasn't going to say anything to Liz, when has she been able too lately. Give it a few weeks she will be saying how Liz is a great mom. 

But Im glad Sam didn't say anything the less she has to do with this dumb Jake story the better. 

• Love 2

Oh, and I appreciate Kristina hating Carly (or at least it should not have been "Carly is the best step mom ever wooo"), but it should have always been this way, not just cause she was mean to Sonny (in Kristina's eyes). Whatever, as long as it keeps up.

At least Kristina thinks Nelle was grating. On the other hand, "do it for Joss and Avery"? Why don't she talk to Sonny and Carly then? Meh. It's nice to see someone with a little attitude but they're really not consistent with it at all in regards to Kristina.

Also, if that was a possible chem test between Nathan and Kristina I didn't think it was terrible. But, so Dante told Kristina Maxie left town but we see no one talking about Maxie leaving town for a couple months besides that one scene between Dante and Nathan? Lame.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Impossible what about Nathan? Cullen and Kiki? Really? 

Yes. I would rather watch them than Sam. Sam does absolutely nothing. She can't even tell the woman who fucked her husband for 7 months to STFU.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

But Im glad Sam didn't say anything the less she has to do with this dumb Jake story the better. 

She should have been at least been able to say, "Well, then I'll just leave this to you" and leave the room. Something! There's Sam is mature and then there's the writers sucking any emotion out of all the scenes.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am not looking forward to the shitstorm that will happen when Sonny finds out that Carly screwed Jax.

Carly gives as good as she gets. It will be the usual stupid fight they have.

Sonny:"Betraaaaayal!"

Carly: "You lied to me!" 

Me: Zzzzzz.

And six months down the road they'll be together again.

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She should have been at least been able to say, "Well, then I'll just leave this to you" and leave the room.

That should always be her reaction when it comes to Jake. It's not up to her to decide what's right for him. Let Jake's idiot mother and father figure it out.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She should have been at least been able to say, "Well, then I'll just leave this to you" and leave the room. Something! There's Sam is mature and then there's the writers sucking any emotion out of all the scenes.

I know it's so sad :-( 

But I take comfort in knowing that she's not the only one written like this. 

• Love 5

I didn't fast forward anything today because I had nothing else to do. Still watched it in fast mode though!

Jax/Carly did nothing for me. I have never seen chem from them in the few clips I've watched. And to be honest I just really don't like LW's Carly. I just hate the way she plays her. She did her ha ha laugh like twice today and I nearly threw something in rage!

Kristina is insufferable. I can't. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed if the scene with Nathan was a chem test. Their height difference alone would amuse me.

Speaking of insufferable, Liz is the worst. I can't do it anymore. And why is her shirt so fucking big? I'll admit I'm at 'bitch eating crackers' level with her, but still, her attitude is heinous.

Poor Michael. Poor CD. I wish he'd leave. 

The Sonny/Nelle scenes were super gross. It's astonishing that they write Sonny this way and clearly have no idea how bad it is. 

The less said about Franco the better.

The Alexis stuff was all super boring and I don't give a single shit about any of it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That should always be her reaction when it comes to Jake. It's not up to her to decide what's right for him. Let Jake's idiot mother and father figure it out.

She was just offering support though. She's never tried to interfere like that.

• Love 6

There was no need for Elizabeth to visit the PH in the first place, when she and Jason could have discussed Jake offscreen like most of the stories on this show.  I guess Cam and Aiden must have run off to join the Navy!

Ugh.  Gross.  Franco/RoHo is so not attractive.  

#FreeElizabeth

• Love 1

Liez just came off as a bitter and pathetic at the PH. Especially when Jason told her she could have just phoned. 

DNAJ needs to be punished not coddled. They treat him like he is 5. And him going on about Freako being his friend is creepy af given his serialkillersexualassaulter history.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. I didn't mean it to the contrary. It's so dumb the writers keep involving Sam in this, all so they can have Liz justify Franco's involvement. It's such a false equivalency.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, backhometome said:

And him [Jake] going on about Freako being his friend is creepy af given his serialkillersexualassaulter history.

I feel like there's a real Dobler/Dahmer thing happening with Jake and Franco's relationship.  I'm sure if you're really into Liz/Franco and/or haven't tired of "Roger Howarth is sooo good with kids!" after all these years, their bond is sweet.  But if you don't, like me, oh my is it fuckin' creepy.

• Love 9

Elizabeth has been an artist on this show for almost 20 years, so why can't she help Jake with his issues?!  There IS no need for Franco to have ever been brought back from the dead and it pisses me off that it is due to RC and FV's arrogance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Except she has.  Remember her convo with Jake, alone, last year?  The one where the bint ended up crawling around on a basement floor and ultimately contributed to Elizabeth's house blowing up.  How come the bint didn't bother to pick up a phone call the boy's parents instead of trying to deal with it herself at that time?   

• Love 4

Because the pain in the ass child had cut himself when he broke a damn window trying to make his parents think they had a stalker. Sam tried to give him first aid and was going to call his folks when he ran off thinking he was in trouble.

Liz said Sam shouldn't inconvenience herself trying to help Jake. Sam should follow that advice. Focus on her own kids.

• Love 9

Someone answer me this, but why would Franco hate Jason? 

I mean yes Jason is a jerk and I'm not a fan and he deserves hatred but Franco attacked Jason and his family for years and now he dislikes Jason, why? 

• Love 4