Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In my head: Jason digs up "Jake's" grave and finds the body of a jackal (remember "The Omen?"). This in itself could lead to some very interesting storylines and, perhaps, a Spinelli connection. Not to mention Helena...

And yes, I agree that Anna went away to find Alex and it's now Alex back in PC, reminiscing about sexy times with Valentin.

• Love 3

There is nothing sexy about Franco, sporting that ridiculous ponytail, painting Liz in an art studio that has been vomited on by graffiti. The camera kept getting so close to their faces that it made me feel weirdly uncomfortable. I get it, these two like to bang, stop pushing these creepy sex scenes in my face.

Jax's scenes are beginning to feel redundant, like they wanted to have Ingo around for several days but didn't have enough plot to fill the time. But he and Carly do have amazing chemistry together. I've always thought they have way more physical chemistry than Carly and Sonny. It's just annoying that they keep teasing us with Jax and Carly when it's clear she's going to make her way back to Sonny.

Michael should start billing people for all the time he's spent counseling them. When does he even work at ELQ? He has been wandering around in a suit like it's a work day, but he's spent all his time away from the office.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to glean from the appearance of the random girl in "Turkey," but the idea of a mysterious yet important stranger lurking in the background is incredibly hackneyed. 

• Love 4

Okay, Franco's hair is horrid (the most annoying part of which are those strands of hair which are supposed to look like they just accidentally slipped the ponytail, please) but special bad hair shout-out to Michael, who has a mini mohawk going on and it appears to be a different color than the rest of his hair.

• Love 4

Liz: if Franco can't be part of the equation, why should Sam be?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHY do they do this? WHY? I'm sure it just make most Sam fans want to throw their tv out the window, and it makes me frustrated that they just can't keep Liz the eff away from Sam and Jason. NOBODY WANTS THEM ATTACHED. STOP IT WRITERS. Liz has two other kids!! Give Franco a troubled kid story with one of them. 

Jax is a masterful player. He managed to turn it all around on Carly lol. You can't tell me all that "can you ever forgive me . . . but oh it was all my fault!" wasn't on purpose. You can't!

Taking my response about the Franco/Liz love scene to the relationships thread.

• Love 9

All I watched today was Jax/Carly (but I wish I hadn't watched that lol), Ava/Valerie and Ava/Dante (which was pointless), and Tracy/Laura (which was also pointless and kind of annoying).

But even through fast forward I was both enraged and grossed out by the Franco/Liz scenes.

• Love 2
(edited)

The writers want to recapture the dynamic that RoHo had with KA as a young Starr on OLTL and it is NOT working, IMO.  Franco should be dead, but FV is bound and determined to keep RoHo on the show.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Liz: if Franco can't be part of the equation, why should Sam be?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHY do they do this? WHY? I'm sure it just make most Sam fans want to throw their tv out the window, and it makes me frustrated that they just can't keep Liz the eff away from Sam and Jason. NOBODY WANTS THEM ATTACHED. STOP IT WRITERS. Liz has two other kids!! Give Franco a troubled kid story with one of them. 

Jax is a masterful player. He managed to turn it all around on Carly lol. You can't tell me all that "can you ever forgive me . . . but oh it was all my fault!" wasn't on purpose. You can't!

Taking my response about the Franco/Liz love scene to the relationships thread.

*Shrug* Soaps are built on rivalries and if Elizabeth had to suck it up big time to allow Sam around her boys when she was with Lucky, then JaSam can STFU and have a seat.  Franco unfortunately is here to stay and that pisses me off.  Franco can not bond with Cam and Aiden, because Zander is dead and Lucky is off looking for some darkness with a flashlight.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't necessarily thinks so. I'm sure if they hadn't brought him back they'd find another stupid way to connect Franco and Jason and Sam.

They should have cast RoHo as anyone else but Franco Franks, but RC and FV clearly thought it was cool.  Not.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 4
(edited)

There's no rivalry between Sam and Liz though. It would be fun if there actually was one. They need to actually let them spar or not interact at all, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's no rivalry between Sam and Liz though. It would be fun if there actually was one. They need to actually let them spar or not interact at all, imo.

I hope Sam removes herself from the situation when Liz comes smirking being petty. And if Liz throws out she doesn't want Sam around Jake than I hope Sam ~Kanye shrugs~ say "okay" and keep it pushing. 

Like why pull Sam into this? She's not Franco obsessed with Jason's kid. She's not trying to marry Jake's parent to get access to him, she's not inappropriately getting in the middle of conversations that should just be between his parents. Sam is not doing any of this so why push her into this stupid crap? Why is Liz smirking at Sam? Why is Sam in this horrible, stupid Jake/Franco mess writers? 

They were doing so good having her just talk with Jason just ugh. 

• Love 8

how is that joss didnt reject nelles kidney.why has there been no medical complications. what did jax write on the check memo? this check is for an illegal kidney? 

• Love 1

Wow, today was one giant pity party. Franco whines about not being able to have a weird therapeutic relationship with Jake, Nelle whines about not being able to let go of anger, Jax whines about being responsible for his mother's death, etc. 

Of course Carly is up for a grief fuck with Jax.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Which the mini mobster will walk in on with his big news that he didn't sleep with Nelly.  "Isn't it great, Carly?  I didn't cheat.  We can get back together, just as soon as you're finished doin' Jax."

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Now would be a good time to find out that Jason is missing some of his memories

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, once again...love you, Jane/Tracy, but I just can't with the painting and the monks and the utility set that we must accept as a room in Turkey. Mysterious stranger/crying woman is doing nothing to change my mind. This is the kind of story that, no matter which characters are involved, is a big "whatever" to me. 

I liked almost everything else, actually. Back when Liz actually was modeling in a storyline on the show, she was terrible at it, because the show was pushing the JFP/McTavish pet Gia at her expense. Today's big revelation was that, holy crap, Becky Herbst can model. Great focus, great attitude, and she looked beautiful. I thought both she and Howarth were good in those scenes, but it's one of those things where it almost sits outside of their storyline or the characters' personalities.

The painting that resulted, though...that woman in the picture looked as much like Sabrina or the mysterious Turkey stranger as she did Liz. Franco's previous Liz painting (the one that Jordan was admiring back in the dog-crate days) looked like either Skye or a 49-year-old version of Liz, so he's getting colder. Also, they made a big show of him grabbing a palette with a bunch of bright red on it and getting to work, and there was none of that shade on the finished canvas. Not even her lips.    

Great chemistry between Ingo and Laura W. And I'm still sitting in the Nelle/Michael cheering section with plenty of elbow room. Duelly is doing pretty well playing subtext. Michael says things like "It's too late for that" and "You can't make things right," but of course, if he really felt that way, he'd never stop and talk to her for half an hour. He's coming off very lonely.  

When Nelle said she had something Sonny had to hear, something that would change everything, and it was about the night they slept together, you just know Sonny's little brain was thinking -- unlikely though the timing was -- she was going to announce she was pregnant by him. Which would have been, what, number 16?  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Noooo! Has Jax ever even been allowed to acknowledge anger that Carly running crying to Sonny about "losing Joss" is why his plane crashed? I don't care about their chemistry! After everything that happened during the J&C marriage, he should not even be friends due to Carly's on-going toxic connection to Sonny. Polite for the sake of co-parenting Joss, sure. Anything above that just makes him a doormat.  As it is, Jax dating someone like her (let alone marrying her and having a kid) is ridiculous. He has always deserved SO MUCH better.  One of the best scenes (IMO) ever concerning Jax didn't even involve him - it was Alexis telling Carly off and handing her the divorce papers for Jax to be "free of you." 

• Love 9

it's good to see someonr arrested for the robbery that is not sonny or franco. 

where are they going with this Anna/Valentin story? who cares about something that never hapened on the show in thr 1980s . are they supposed to be the same age? 

how can the actors in the kidney story say this nonsense with a straight face? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know how any of the actors get through all the shit they have to peddle without laughing. Or crying.

This reminds me of a fan asking Kelly Monaco does she ever think WTF is this!! When they get their scripts and Kelly replied "Every got damn day" lol :-) 

• Love 7
(edited)

I get why Sam and Jason want Franco to go away. But them making a lying, backstabbing, murdering, possibly psychotic mobster their child's Godfather, just makes them look like jokes. At the very least, hypocrites of the highest order. And considering this is a show with Bobbie and Carly on it, that's an accomplishment.   

For a moment, when Anna walked up to Griffin outside Kelly's and he was bent over rummaging through the plastic bag, I thought he was going through the trash. And I thought "Finally, something interesting is happening on this show." Then I realized it was just his sack of food and I was SO disappointed.

I don't care about Anna and Valentin, and I'm sick of FH crying in every scene. It's bad acting, and it's boring. ER and JPS have more chemistry than he does with MS or FH.

I don't hate Nell, but I think the show should have made her more of a bad girl and kept her that way for now. And made her AJ's kid somehow. Oh well.

I watched most of Friday because I thought Tracy and Laura were on. Boo, show. Stop boring me.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8
(edited)

At the very least, hypocrites of the highest order.

Sonny and Carly have earned that spot. The past couple of episodes have had Sonny waltzing around Port Charles with not a care in the world.  Between schmoozing with his successful (CEO and detective) sons and drinking with his meds (tal vez - as an honor to one that fell to the wayside) where ever does he get time to threaten, violate, steal, hurt, extort, blackmail and kill?  Morgan didn't even exist a couple of years ago and both the character/actor were quite underwhelming during their relatively short tenure.  Enough with Morgan already.  Enough with Sonny and Carly.  There's not enough time in all of the clocks and calendars in the world to contain all of the bad karma that is due to them.  With a robust cast that is bursting at the seams, the Carson propping just exasperates FV's attempt to whitewash these two horrible characters.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 11

I still can't get over all that fake news that was supposed to be Edward Quartermaine's homage to Tracy signifying his love for his daughter etc etc in a mushy note.  Edward was always a crusty old curmudgeon who treated everyone but Lila rudely. He delighted in crushing Tracy's self-esteem, and she even tried to kill him once by denying him his meds. There was no love lost there, considering the whole history of their relationship. That's why I still don't buy any of the Turkey road trip/portrait adventure as real. The letter sounded like it had been written by someone like Lord Larry, who would know exactly how much Tracy would crave such a loving and apologetic communication from her father. Money could be made from Tracy's sentimental feelings for her deceased father. And the word "turkey" has for many years been associated with a string of unfortunate Quartermaine Thanksgivings, which turned out to be disasters. I can see the in-joke that someone like Lord Larry might be referencing as he tries to cheat the family out of a fortune. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't care about Anna and Valentin, and I'm sick of FH crying in every scene. It's bad acting, and it's boring. ER and JPS have more chemistry than he does with MS or FH.

I agree with all of this. I was intrigued by Anna/Valentin at first, but the stupidity and bad acting has killed all the interest I had. They both just cry so fucking much! It's embarrassing, annoying, and boring. Also, I agree the ER has more chem with JPS.

On that note, and this possibly belongs more in the UO or maybe wish list thread, a part me is like sorta kinda into the idea of Lulu/Valentin hooking up. Whatever!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

a part me is like sorta kinda into the idea of Lulu/Valentin hooking up. Whatever!

I could see JMB's Lulu into hate sex but not ER's Lulu, for some reason. Both of them definitely could be smug and holier-than-thou, but ER's Lulu has a self-righteousness that's extra irritating to me.

I don't want Valentin/Lulu to hook up if only to avoid Nina's sure-to-be unbearable reaction.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, LexieLily said:

I don't understand why none of this was brought up in FAMILY court. Even if he escaped criminal charges, the acts still happened. Lulu's brother is still dead at Valentin's hand and Kevin still has a bullet wound and a scar. Spencer was still almost kidnapped. Nina still went to a mental hospital because of her actions with Ava and Avery - heck, Dante was the arresting officer!

Andre says his role wasn't to pass judgment on Valentin but to consider what was in the best interest of the child? In this particular case passing judgement on Valentin is by definition in the best interest of Charlotte.

Just reading this,  I refuse to actually watch,the only thing I can think of is. This is GH .Nothing makes sense, Never has, never will. You are so correct. almost as bad as the head of the mob getting custody over the richest family in town, the cops closing their eyes to the fact that said mobster forced the boys father to give up his rights. Now someone tell me how Scummy got custody of Avery? .I know he bought all the kids  bullet proof vests. I don't know Valentine, didn't he kill Nickolas in front of someone ? Sorry. I just realized this is GH nothing makes sense.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I could see JMB's Lulu into hate sex but not ER's Lulu, for some reason.

I agree, but for me ER plays her scenes with JPS/Valentin in a way that makes me think her Lulu would be down for Valentin hate sex. I feel like I'm just desperate for some kinda of torridness because I'm so bored by everything. And Franco/Liz doesn't count because they're just nasty!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree with all of this. I was intrigued by Anna/Valentin at first, but the stupidity and bad acting has killed all the interest I had.

On that note, and this possibly belongs more in the UO or maybe wish list thread, a part me is like sorta kinda into the idea of Lulu/Valentin hooking up. Whatever!

I think JPS and FH almost have the infamous anti-chemistry. They are way too full of try hard. So forced. And not UO with me about Lulu and Valentin. I think ER sparks with James more than Dominic these days. They'd have to retcon Nikolas, but yeah. Oh, and only non crying Valentin. Otherwise, nope. If he so much as sniffles with her, it's OVAH.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Oh, and only non crying Valentin. Otherwise, nope. If he so much as sniffles with her, it's OVAH.

I feel like that's why I like him with Lulu, he never cries. I can't with JPS' cry face. It ruins any intrigue/sexiness he has. And I'm not one to hate a man crying, but it just does not work on him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
On 4/7/2017 at 2:48 PM, ulkis said:

Because the show is dead set on making Elizabeth out to be evil and Sam the Saint which is a load of BS.  If not for backstage agenda's constantly trying to fire BH the show would have treated Elizabeth and Sam the same.  B&B managed to milk Ridge/Brooke/Carolyn and Ridge/Brooke/Taylor for decades and he managed to marry and have children with BOTH women!  On a real soap opera, fans should be equally torn between Liason and JaSam and not make it a one-sided story that constantly trashes one character over the other.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like that's why I like him with Lulu, he never cries. I can't with JPS' cry face. It ruins any intrigue/sexiness he has. And I'm not one to hate a man crying, but it just does not work on him.

The whole "misunderstood" thing about Valentin was a wrong turn, but the crying is so ODD. And JPS looks like he's passing a kidney stone in those scenes. 

Even if we didn't know Valentin is supposedly the one who terrified Helena. Even if he didn't kill Nikolas. Why not just make him bad and mostly proud of it, but eventually show his layers of vulnerability?  Why must *every* character be "not so bad" ? Why must every character have a sob story? Stop it, show. Enough already.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The whole "misunderstood" thing about Valentin was a wrong turn

It really is. "I was a teenage hunchback" is definitely the wrong way to go, especially with a Cassadine.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, testardo said:

Just reading this,  I refuse to actually watch,the only thing I can think of is. This is GH .Nothing makes sense, Never has, never will. You are so correct. almost as bad as the head of the mob getting custody over the richest family in town, the cops closing their eyes to the fact that said mobster forced the boys father to give up his rights. Now someone tell me how Scummy got custody of Avery? .I know he bought all the kids  bullet proof vests. I don't know Valentine, didn't he kill Nickolas in front of someone ? Sorry. I just realized this is GH nothing makes sense.

You'll just love it. The courts awarded Ava primary physical custody and Sonny got supervised visitation. (Much like the Valentin/Lulu court battle). Ava let Sonny keep Avery for the time being because Kiki was in the ICU in a coma and Ava wanted to stay with her. Kiki's coma was a direct action of her getting shot in the middle of a mob battle that Morgan got in the middle of). Sonny and Carly just never gave her back and blackmailed Ava with a recording of her sleeping with the DA Paul to relinquish her sole custody and now Jelly says on Twitter that they have "shared" custody.

If shared means that Ava has to beg to see the daughter that she has primary custody of, then sure, it's shared custody.

• Love 5

Avery, if the kid must exist, needs to find Emma and ask about her Keebler Elf tree days as an infant and go there. It's her only chance at a decent life since both parents and her horrible stepmother suck.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Avery, if the kid must exist, needs to find Emma and ask about her Keebler Elf tree days as an infant and go there. It's her only chance at a decent life since both parents and her horrible stepmother suck.

Once Morgan was fully functioning on his meds, the show should have found a way for Avery to be his daughter and that Carly tampered with the DNA results.  I want at least one Corinthos kid disgusted longer than one week with CarSon stealing their kids or murdering their biological parent.  Ava and Morgan living together and raising Avery should have made CarSon's ears bleed.

• Love 6

I'm glad they didn't tie Morgan down with a baby. He was too young and immature and hadn't even had a proper romance.  No need to tie hime to someone old enough to be his mom. 

5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Even if we didn't know Valentin is supposedly the one who terrified Helena. Even if he didn't kill Nikolas. Why not just make him bad and mostly proud of it, but eventually show his layers of vulnerability?

I don't get this.  Time and time again, I see either posts wanting villains who are just evil for evil's sake, and then others clamoring for layered villains.  So which is it?  Which do viewers want?  I personally don't mind the former type, as I grew up with those types.  I don't get what all the fuss with the latter type is all about.

• Love 1
(edited)

I became actually physically ill during the scenes earlier this week when Franco was painting Liez as if he were Picasso using red paint, but ending up with a blue and white painting. So dumb! Was Show trying to be symbolic in a clumsy way? Was the red supposed to remind us of his heinous serial killer misdeeds of the past? Liez was not charming either...seeing her sexual tease as she posed for the serial killer's painting was an ugly reminder of her earlier rape(s?) and subsequent involvement with a criminal. I see a nauseating parallel between Liez relishing her sexual passion with a rapist/killer mate and Laura's decades-long passion and marriage with HER rapist/killer mate, teh awful Luke. (Luke killed his own grandson in a careless accident.)

It made me mad too that Franco got these long scenes where he didn't have to memorize dialogue, yet he could mug before the cameras to troll us.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, dubbel zout said:

I know a creepy crypt site they can use....

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Even if we didn't know Valentin is supposedly the one who terrified Helena. Even if he didn't kill Nikolas. Why not just make him bad and mostly proud of it, but eventually show his layers of vulnerability?  Why must *every* character be "not so bad" ? Why must every character have a sob story? Stop it, show. Enough already.

In this case, I believe it's because he's supposed to be a Nikolas replacement, except a brother to Alexis instead of nephew, and with a sadder backstory so as to not make it seem like he's just a Nik duplicate. He also can't be flat out evil if he's to have some connection with Anna in the past (already did that with Faison) and with Lulu, Anna, and others in the present. Plus, the Charlotte factor.  Can't have a flat-out evil dude raising a cute little girl.

15 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Because the show is dead set on making Elizabeth out to be evil ...

If only this were true! I'd love it if they'd just start writing the show with Liz as 'bad' and not this bullshit where she does horrible shit and whines about how she's the town pariah while everyone in town falls over themselves telling her how good and pure she is and how beautiful her romance with a rapist, kidnapping, serial killer is. She's basically a female Sonny, but obviously nowhere near as heinous a human being as he is. She's just kind of a messed up, bitchy women with loads of man issues who acts like she's better than everyone and no one ever gets to really call her on her shit. Wait, she's actually just like almost every character on this show, I guess!

9 hours ago, Vyk said:

I don't get this.  Time and time again, I see either posts wanting villains who are just evil for evil's sake, and then others clamoring for layered villains.  So which is it?  Which do viewers want?  

There's a difference between 'layered villains' and what these shitty writers are doing. I am a sucker for layered villains, but this show just writes out and out evil people and then tries to sell them as romantic leads without putting in any work.

• Love 13
(edited)
11 hours ago, Vyk said:

Time and time again, I see either posts wanting villains who are just evil for evil's sake, and then others clamoring for layered villains.  So which is it?  Which do viewers want? 

Why not both? They aren't mutually exclusive. For me the main problem with the backtracking on evil is that, as Oracle42 mentioned, there's always some "bullshit woobie backstory." A brain tumor. Serious scoliosis of the spine. A man who done her wrong. Blech.

One thing I liked about the retconned Jerry Jacks: He made no apologies about being evil. 

Edited by dubbel zout
quote clarification
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think with GH the problem tends to be they have villains come on and do awful things and then they try to make them multi-layered (Obrecht, Franco, Valentin) but anyone who opposes Sonny or Franco are all bad (any one of Sonny's myriad enemies).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He also can't be flat out evil if he's to have some connection with Anna in the past (already did that with Faison) and with Lulu, Anna, and others in the present. Plus, the Charlotte factor.  Can't have a flat-out evil dude raising a cute little girl.

But he is a flat-out evil dude raising a little girl. He sees nothing wrong with what he has done to Lulu (in his defense why would he, he got rewarded for it) and is still placing blame on Nikolas and Kevin for shooting them. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Ava let Sonny keep Avery for the time being because Kiki was in the ICU in a coma and Ava wanted to stay with her.

Don't forget the fact that while Kiki was in her coma (because she was desperate to help save stupid ass Morgan from his stupid ass self), Sonny secretly sent black roses to the hospital to Kiki, as a threat for Ava to think her gun running partners were wanting to come after her and threatening Kiki to send a message. Ava actually believed Sonny wouldn't threaten Kiki, which was why she dragged Julian back into the mob and why she gave Avery to Sonny for safety. So Sonny is not only responsible for Julian getting back into the mob, but also threatened Kiki's life as a way to terrify Ava into giving him Avery.  It was a cold, calculating and ballsy move and went completely against his 'I don't threaten/hurt innocents' bragging CODE.

Now on a REAL soap, a move like that would have been drawn out much like Morgan's switched pills because Morgan (allegedly) loved Kiki and people would generally be horrified by how Sonny threatened to hurt an innocent, comatose and completely helpless young woman to get his own way and Ava would immediately want to get back at him for it.  Instead, it's been dropped completely. Which is why this Morgan pills bit is such bullshit.

• Love 6