Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

It wouldn't bug me if they gave us a reason why, but they never did. Jen Lily took over and after that they just didn't bother. At least with, say, Lulu/Carly (because I've seen people complain they never regained the friendship), they showed where the break was. They got over it, but you get why they never got the old relationship back. With Maxie and Sam, not really.

I agree. But it's too late now. They could always start interacting again, but I doubt they will, so I guess I'm just eh on the wedding subject. They're not close anymore. Sam has NO friends, though, lol. She just sees her mom and sisters.

• Sabrina's baby Teddy is still huge.
  • Professional women are having a bad time now. Sabrina, graduate nurse, dies on her first day back at work. Monica, COS, is ambushed and stabbed in her own office while trying to keep the hospital open. Ex-attorney Alexis fails in the witness box. Jordan, Police Commissioner, heads up an incompetent PCPD. PI Anna Scorpio has had to take a long break to put her pieces back together while mourning justice for Duke. Can we see some strong competent successful women? Ditzy controlling Maxie, somnolent Sam, arrogant Heather, bar flies Ava and Kiki, blank slates Claudette and Nelle, and the baby rabies duo of Nina and Lulu are not to be borne.
  • Why is the crumbling marriage and murderous nadir of the Jeromes circling around the brooding figure of Sonny Corinthos? Why is everything eventually about Sonny? Sonny ruins everything.
  • Love 5

Can anyone ascertain the actual trajectory of Julian's story, beyond just getting off(??? how????) for his crimes? I keep watching clips of his extra ass trying to determine where they're going and all I can glean is that somehow someone is still making Frank keep him when he clearly doesn't want to and was thisclose to having him out the door.

• Love 4

Can anyone ascertain which post-it notes were on the dart board (on the painted gray wall) when the writers made a choice for killer Sonny to leave the trial at a critical juncture after the audience has been held captive to months-worth of Maurice's mumbling about  #Justice4duke?

{{{Scott}}}

• Love 2
8 hours ago, amaranta said:

When Alexis fainted and she was asked what was wrong I hoped she would answer "My freaking jacket's too tight!"

This trial is really boring.

Also, Dr. Joe works at GH now yes?  So the person who has known Sabrina the longest and is actually related to Teddy is MIA?  Why even bring the actor back if you're not going to use him?

I still cringe when Michael calls Sonny Dad.  Michael's anger at Sonny for AJ's murder could have had legs and been a cornerstone of stories for years.  Bad move, having Michael returning so easily to the Clan of Corinthi.

When NLG was sitting down in the gallary her gut was trying to bust out of that tight jacket. I was sweating to death watching NLG. It looks like such a late fall/winter jacket. I'm sure it was very expensive wardrobe but it was way too tight and looked like it was made out polyester. That said, the color didn't look horrible on her.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

from FV's twitter:

Sonny on the stand -- magic! Watch out, Julian! @MauriceBenard @WilliamdeVry1 @GeneralHospital #GH 

I've seen better magic at kids' shows.

Sonny has a gun with permit? No, Show, you don't want to there...

Sonny killed AJ but got a pardon from the Governor? You let him off easy, Scotty.

Sonny saw Julian attack Alexis with the knife, pulled his gun, struggled with the knife, and stabbed Julian in the fight. Take out the specific persons, and this is bad because.....? This should put Julian away, unless the  DA was stupid enough not to charge Julian with attempted murder of Alexis and only #Justice4DEwq.

Sabrina's Testimony being disallowed is lame.

Claudette being wiped from the Internet is interesting enough, but if there was no such person since Fr. Thornbirds got shot by Plank, that would have been better.

I'm surmising that Nelle is AJ's daughter from another momma, and that Edward paid her off, to give her to Nelle's (foster) parents, who also pawned Nelle's  kidney. I'm also calling that Heather knew about this as the Missing Q. Jax found out about this and tried to just get the kidney and go on, but Nina and Carly decided to hunt on. Nelle  figured this all out, and it's #Justice4AJButWeWontGetItBecauseHesFatHahaha.

• Love 4

Ignoring the fact that the Port Charles legal system is incompetent and corrupt and needs to be taken over by the department of justice, I'm confused as to why Sabrina's statement wasn't admissible. What does her being dead have to do with anything? 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Any chance they're going to make Nelle Jax and Miranda's kid?  It would make Michael and Nelle no longer half siblings.  It would also explain how Jax is involved in the kidney-buying.

Why would Jax hurt one of his kids to save another? I know they're apparently throwing Jax under the bus here, but I can't see him being this awful. Now, if Jerry were the one who presented an anonymous kidney to Jax, I'd buy it.

12 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Sonny has a gun with permit? No, Show, you don't want to there...

I can see Sonny having at least one legal gun around. It makes it easier to claim he doesn't have more illegal ones. "I have the paperwork! Stop bothering me!"

13 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Sabrina's Testimony being disallowed is lame.

I think this is a legit legal issue, though. Scott was right when he said he couldn't cross-examine a deposition. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm surmising that Nelle is AJ's daughter from another momma, and that Edward paid her off, to give her to Nelle's (foster) parents, who also pawned Nelle's  kidney. 

Edward was salivating once he knew that AJ was Michael's biological father, and was all about Michael being raised in the mansion as a "true Quartermaine", so it seems unlikely he would ever willingly send away another child fathered by AJ.  Edward wanted heirs, badly.  Nelle reacted to Nina's gushing about Carly being "crazy about her daughter" (unsubtle anvil IMO) and seems fixated on Carly and her children. My best guess is she wants to get close to the children who seem to matter most to Carly and are vulnerable/open to her influence (Michael, Josslyn, Avery) and in time, turn them against Carly while she also gets Carly attached to her. I fully expect that at some point, she'll tell people, "I'm like a daughter to Carly."

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Edward was salivating once he knew that AJ was Michael's biological father, and was all about Michael being raised in the mansion as a "true Quartermaine", so it seems unlikely he would ever willingly send away another child fathered by AJ.  Edward wanted heirs, badly. 

Except Edward was dismissive of Tracy because No Y Chromosome. If Nelle was male, heck yeah.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Ignoring the fact that the Port Charles legal system is incompetent and corrupt and needs to be taken over by the department of justice, I'm confused as to why Sabrina's statement wasn't admissible. What does her being dead have to do with anything? 

Yeah, that was stupid. The defendant has a Sixth Amendment right to confront witnesses, but if the witness has died after giving a deposition, then the depo will be admitted. It's pretty unusual to take a deposition in a criminal case, but it's sometimes done when prosecutors think that the witness will die before trial, either because he or she is terminally ill or, because of the nature of the case, might get murdered. I could see where Paul would have taken a deposition from Sabrina, thinking that Julian might have her killed before she could testify. On the other hand, it was hilarious/asinine that Paul was clutching his pearls over how Sonny couldn't testify because he's a criminal and Scott will use that against him. Most of the witnesses in criminal cases are criminals. That's generally who's around when crimes are being committed.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Any chance they're going to make Nelle Jax and Miranda's kid?  It would make Michael and Nelle no longer half siblings.  It would also explain how Jax is involved in the kidney-buying.

Like dubbel zout, my initial reaction to this was "Jax would't do that to his own child."  But, then I realized that this show would throw Jax under any bus, any time, anywhere, to prop Sonny and Carly.  

• Love 5

Someone on Twitter noting that Brad hasn't been on-screen in 14 weeks (!) made me angry all over again about how absent he and Lucas are from two stories they should be a part of - the hospital serial killer (Lucas was one of the goddamn victims!) and Julian's trial.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Someone on Twitter noting that Brad hasn't been on-screen in 14 weeks (!) made me angry all over again about how absent he and Lucas are from two stories they should be a part of - the hospital serial killer (Lucas was one of the goddamn victims!) and Julian's trial.

I seriously keep forgetting Julian is Lucas's father. They've had, what, two stories?  Lucas gets shot because of Julian. Julian gets weirded out for a week or so that his son is gay.  And then done for the next two years.

Way to write families, Show.

• Love 10

I can't, I CAN'T, with Carly today.  Begging her MURDERER, MOBSTER husband to end the violence in Port Charles?  Violence she didn't seem to care too much about when her mother and brother were attacked, but now is super offensive because it has Michael mad at her?  And whining about her family's safety and "we have kids!" when she continually marries said MURDERER, MOBSTER husband?  Girl, please.  GIRL, PLEASE!!!!!

I additionally can't with Claudette.  This storyline was already boring/bugging the hell out of me and now she has a kid?  Why?!?!

I also can't with Olivia.  Shut.  The Fuck.  Up.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I additionally can't with Claudette.  This storyline was already boring/bugging the hell out of me and now she has a kid?  Why?!?!

Oh, FFS. Is the kid Griffin's or Nathan's? 

Who seriously thinks what this show needs is more drama around children? The mind, she boggles.

• Love 7

Lisa's delivery of the line asking Ava not to be a bitch is the only time I've liked Olivia aside from when she went off on Dante for the affair with Valerie. 

The glaring lack of continuity is that after being by her mother's side through this trial, Sam is absent for the verdict?! Instead, Olivia is the one trying to comfort and look after a sobbing Alexis?!  Yeah, okay.

I am somewhat amused that Sonny's implication is he and Julian will both ultimately go to hell.

Re: Previews - Morgan punching Joe in the Q mansion makes me roll my eyes. Why is Morgan even there?  He's definitely behaving as his father's son, getting into something that's none of his business and using violence to do it.

• Love 10

The judge taking forever to read the verdict reminded me of Liz standing for ages reading Aiden's paternity results. Port Charles should work on their education system since they're creating such slow readers. Anyway, I'm so tired of endless courtroom scenes where the guilty get away with their crimes. I know this is a soap opera and the main characters can't rot in prison, but going through the motions in court without any consequences is so boring and a waste of time.

I see from the preview that I was right, Joe is going to fight with Michael over Teddy. It's sad how predictable this show can be.

• Love 5

Olivia, your righteous indignation over Julian getting off would ring a whole lot less hollow if you weren't one of the biggest Sonny apologists in town.

And, oh, foolish Carly.  Sure, go ahead and get a promise from Sonny that he won't go after Julian, that he'll stop the violence.  We saw how well that worked out for Michael and A.J.

I'm no fan of the existance of Claudette, but RP has far more chemistry with BW than he ever has with KS.

I really hope they're not getting rid of RB.  He's a higher class of killer than this show currently has with the rest, and if the town's gonna run rampant with them, might as well keep the best!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Olivia, your righteous indignation over Julian getting off would ring a whole lot less hollow if you weren't one of the biggest Sonny apologists in town.

Olivia stood there and watched Sonny gun down a rival Russian mobster.  Was she outraged.  Did she run to the police or her son the policeman.  No, she helped Sonny the GOOD MOBSTER cover up the murder.  Shut up Olivia!  You do not have the moral highground.

• Love 7

I'm surmising that Nelle is AJ's daughter from another momma, and that Edward paid her off, to give her to Nelle's (foster) parents, who also pawned Nelle's  kidney.

I was going with the biologically-related angle.  AJ's kid would not be biologically related to Joss, so would be a poorer match for a kidney transplant. 

Since they seem to be going for Michael/Nelle (thankfully not Nelle/Sonny), Nelle being Carly's kid would make them half siblings, while if she were Jax's kid, they wouldn't be blood relatives.  It would explain Jax was being secretive and didn't want the transplant investigated.  Nelle being Jerry's kid would work, too, but I still think that Jax is going to end up with bus tracks all over him.  They didn't need IR for this storyline, yet they brought him back.

• Love 1

Nathan's performance with his arms was starting to remind me of this guy

I am so. confused as to what is going on with Julian. He's not guilty but they keep reiterating his guilt? I don't see how Alexis takes him back without some physical excuse like an illness or something. I mean, of course I could see them sweeping it all under the carpet, but it's dumb. 

Olivia (Alexis should have slapped her by the way) and Dillon should hook up. What? Better than Darby for the 10th time. 

I'm disappointed Griffin couldn't eke out one perfect tear to go with his perfect emo face.

Go away, pod Carly. You and Sonny could be argued to have two kids who you're responsible. That's it. This what about the "chillldrenz" was bullshit when they were actually children. Sonny should have been like, you knew what you were getting when you married me for the FIFTH time.

So Claudette and Nathan have a child? So what? So do Spinelli and Maxie.

29 minutes ago, ciarra said:

(thankfully not Nelle/Sonny)

What do you mean, thankfully?! Hmmph. That would have been delightful! They can fade to black all interactions besides handshakes!

32 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am annoyed that TIIC are considering closing the hospital on a soap named General Hospital.

I am sure it will re-open. It's closed a couple of times over the years.

37 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Olivia stood there and watched Sonny gun down a rival Russian mobster.  Was she outraged.

I don't remember what she did afterwards, but she was pretty freaked out by it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Forget about Olivia being a Sonny apologist: She knew exactly who Julian was when they had their ONS. Olivia can forever STFU on that.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I am so. confused as to what is going on with Julian. He's not guilty but they keep reiterating his guilt?

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but could they mean he wasn't found legally guilty, but everyone knows he did it? 

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So Claudette and Nathan have a child?

That answers my earlier question. Ugh, I can see the future with this story: Maxie gets mad at Nathan, even though he probably had no idea. Claudette uses the kid to interfere in Nathan and Maxie's life. Viewers get bored before it even starts.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I thought it's a WTD sitch with Claudette's stupid kid, am I wrong?

No, you're probably right, I only remembered after I wrote it. But still. 

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but could they mean he wasn't found legally guilty, but everyone knows he did it? 

No, he got off. What I mean is there have been no mitigating circumstances presented by the show. Just that he still loves Alexis.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Julian, the Pol Pot, Hitler, and Stalin of Port Charles. Sonny is the only person who ever has mitigating circumstances.

oh no, other people have mitigating circumstances. Franco had a tumor, Obrecht had a wooden son and unrequited love, etc. Julian's getting nothing here, but I've realized how they'll probably redeem him. Alexis will go nuts and try to kill Julian, either directly or indirectly. If she tries directly, he will forgive her and they will be even. If indirectly, she will hurt someone else (possibly even baby jasam Emily), and Julian will take the blame and stand trial again, for! her! And they will be even.

I'm actually frustrated Julian's getting off. I do think he's evil, but not even in a fun way, just a really blase way, which is why people equating Julian with the devil amuses me, but that's the only reason why.

Oh, I forgot: Nina is so gonna punch Nathan in the face for even possibly having a kid.

• Love 4

Claudette and Nathan have a child? Perhaps! But I was listening closely as Claudette said when referring to Nathan helping her: "Me and MY child as opposed to me and OUR child." Maybe Claudette's possessive pronouns will change later, but it was quite noticeable to me. In any event, like it's been said, they have a child together but then so what? Nathan endured and even supported Maxie having a child with Spin. Again, SO WHAT? Just in case Nathan isn't the daddy though, the options are either Griffin or the dangerous prison thug whom Claudette is afraid of. I wonder if we'll meet this thug, and Nathan gets hurt or even killed trying to protect Claudette and the child from him?

Edited by Syndicate

I don't understand how the jury can reach a verdict when there was literally no actual information given.  The wire tap gets tossed out, ok, fine, whatever, that's a soap staple that wouldn't happen in real life (and they stole the idea from Better call Saul, who deliberately changed the address on one of it's legal forms).  So they have Alexis testify, but she's so confused that she doesn't actually say anything.  there are words that come out of her mouth, but no cohesive sentence or thought.  Granted Paul was trying to tank the case Then Sonny testifies but all he really does is posture a little.  And then Sabrina's testimony is tossed out.  Then both sides rest.  Huh?  If I was a jury member I'd be all, what's happening?  They could have had everyone sit quietly in the courtroom for an hour and the jury would have gotten the same information.  Made no sense.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't love the idea of Steven Lars or Matt as a "dangerous prison thug".

I don't buy the idea of Steven Lars or Matt as a "dangerous prison thug." What did Steve do, threaten to spray someone orange?

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I hope that the dangerous prison thug turns out to be either Steven Lars or Dr. Matt.

That would be about the speed of GH- fear the doctors who murdered for I guess, good reasons and cuddle mobsters and serial killers.  Nice job, female writing staff.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I don't buy the idea of Steven Lars or Matt as a "dangerous prison thug." What did Steve do, threaten to spray someone orange?

Yes.  And it was terrifying. 

• Love 3

All this does is remind me that the likes of Sonny Corinthos and Julian Jerome walk free, while two doctors are the ones serving hard time. And the reminder enrages me.

ETA: And Franco! How did I forget Franco?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why is Claudette dressed like she's going to a wedding? 

Why is she wearing white after Labor Day while Alexis is wearing a winter suit? Why did Carly come to court with a dress zipped down far enough to show cleavage? Who knows with this show? I guess wardrobe just grabs whatever's at the front of the closet and says, "Here. Wear this."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I'm no fan of the existance of Claudette, but RP has far more chemistry with BW than he ever has with KS.

This. He's also about 10 times the actor (which of course isn't saying much) with her, too. 

This show is seriously hurling at the speed of light into a flaming garbage can. But in a boring way. I mean damn if you're gonna go trash you might as well go full trash in an entertaining way. Not this boring, predictable, we're already seen it 10 times shit.

My only real takeaway from this ep was that Ava's lipstick looked horrible. Was that done on purpose? Like is that some kind of trend? Or has the makeup department just given up?

• Love 8