Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

ThAt whole thing felt like a setup for Nina to get her hands on the evidence against Ava for Connie's dearh

I wouldn't be surprised, but Ava doesn't have anything that Nina wants so I can't think of any reasons why she wouldn't immediately turn it over to the cops.

7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

That whole thing felt like a setup for Nina to get her hands on the evidence against Ava for Connie's death

Yeah, with all the mentions of the thumb drive, something is going to happen, whether it's Ava getting it back if Paul dies/leaves town or whatever. Though she mentioned she knows he made copies, so maybe not? At any rate, we've been anviled with it, so I expect something.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Billy Miller's Jason is THAT different. SBu's Jason had gotten more warm and loving before the death in 2012. He and Sam would laugh and goof off together. There would be jokes about their active sex life, comments even about Sam dressing up. BM's Jason does smile and laugh more now, but SBu's Jason had been slowly getting warmer over the years. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I was happy that Sam finally got a father, but the whole thing has been a disappointment. She didn't interact with Julian all that much and even less so with Lucas. And there's the fact that the Jeromes are hot garbage wastes of space.

Speaking of the Jeromes, the Ava and Nina scenes were ridiculous. Nina shouldn't be a mother because she drugged Ava and stole crypt sex baby? Ok, I don't care so I'm not going to argue against that. But, Ava isn't exactly a shining example of good mothering herself. And her saying that Nina's actions should have consequences is rich considering she's spent most of the last three years trying to avoid prison for murdering Connie. 

Sam and Julian looked too much like a couple and that is my reasoning for very little scenes.  There is only a few years between KeMo and Wvd.

16 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I know, I know!! 

Before RC, Liz was only involved with Jason/Sam in 2006/07 and in that time period she wasn't the spoiler to their relationship - she was in a relationship with Jason. 

1. Post RC, these "writers"  know very little about Liz.  which is also the reason that this Webber story is about Hayden instead of Elizabeth Webber. Unfortunately, RC made it cannon that Liz has an unhealthy obsession with Jasus, so... that's her main characteristic for them

2 These writers are losing viewers to apathy. People are not enamored with FV's bootleg Supah!Soap on a budget - but the Liaison/JaSam fanbases actually get fired up. It's one of the few things that the writers can point to and claim that there's fans who care 

The bolded above is what pisses me off.  Do your damned job writers and learn the character and shows history and STOP making shit up.    Elizabeth and Jason were never obsessed with each other.  Elizabeth could have married Jason when he first asked her while she was pregnant with Jake and she turned him down, twice!

Liason went long stretches at at a time where they were involved with other people and always wanted the other to be happy.  

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 8

I actually didn't hate Friday's show. I liked that they took the time to make a fuss of Sam & Jason's wedding. Although, the part of Monica not going is a WTF moment for me. Seriously? I usually hate Michelle Stafford and her jazzy hands but she did show pain & desperation for a baby. I was totally in to it when she called out Ava on her murdering ways & hypocritical stance on parenting a kid. Please don't hate me but I was pleasantly surprised how content I was by GH today.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wouldn't be surprised, but Ava doesn't have anything that Nina wants so I can't think of any reasons why she wouldn't immediately turn it over to the cops.

I'm hoping it's a lead-up to Nina ending up dead. I'd prefer DeadFranco but I'd take it

55 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Elizabeth could have married Jason when he first asked her while she was pregnant with Jake and she turned him down, twice!

She wanted him to ask her because he loved her and not because of Jake. Since his first proposal involved the words - I would give up my happiness and marry you, she turned him down because she already had feelings for him. But yes, for most of the past 10 years before RC started, Jason/Liz rarely interacted and Liz wasn't hyper focused on him 

• Love 7

IA I dont think Liez was hyper focused on Jason for 10 yrs but I do think she would choose him over her other pairings in a heart beat. Only one that could come close would be JJ Lucky but for some reason they didnt want to put them back together despite JJ asking for it. 

RC is absolutely to blame for her obsession with Jason. It should have ended in 2012. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Sam and Julian looked too much like a couple and that is my reasoning for very little scenes.  There is only a few years between KeMo and Wvd.

I don't think they look like a couple, but yeah they don't click imo. I mean to be fair though, the writing is barely there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they look like a couple, but yeah they don't click imo. I mean to be fair though, the writing is barely there.

I don't understand what the point was - it's not like the show ever seemed invested in telling a Julian Jerome story.  There are a lot of actors on soaps who are within a decade of each other and play parent/child - WdV just sucks at playing paternal; he's too determined to be sexay all the time.

I wish they'd paired him with Nina so she could be stuck with that pointless fuckin' baby, revealed that he wasn't actually Julian and then killed them all off in a fiery car accident 

• Love 2

I think people are always happy at wedding even if the couple are remarrying. I have seen people more happy at renewal of vows ceremony. Plus this was their family and friends who were happy for Jasam. It is not like strangers were there to celebrate with Jasam. 

Anyways, I was happy Sam had a "this is my father?" storyline. It was what Sam fans has been asking since forever. It was not like we wanted her to be a Jerome but it is what we got. Julian is meh! So, what. All he is there for is to give Alexis and Sam some storylines. They are the ones we care about. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think Billy Miller's Jason is THAT different. SBu's Jason had gotten more warm and loving before the death in 2012. He and Sam would laugh and goof off together. There would be jokes about their active sex life, comments even about Sam dressing up. BM's Jason does smile and laugh more now, but SBu's Jason had been slowly getting warmer over the years. 

Also I'm confused.  Wasn't the whole point of the Borg nickname and complaints about Steve Burton's Jason is that he never had an expression and just seemed robotic and phoning in his performance for years? 

He is VERY different and this is a soap - why isn't that a story?

Because the writers don't want it to be? Basically Billy Miller has his own interpretation of the character and for right now the writers are going with Jason is back, everything is hunky dory so none of the characters will acknowledge any change because canonically we're supposed to believe there isn't. It's like when there's simply a recast and not a "this character changed their face", no one says a thing that someone now has a completely different face. If and when the writers ever decide to do a new Jason may not really be Jason after all, storyline, I'm sure suddenly all these differences will suddenly be pointed out. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

I don't mind the changes in Jason so much as (like Heatlifer) I mind the fact that those changes are unacknowledged and without foundation. He is VERY different and this is a soap - why isn't that a story? It's obvious that Sam is happier with this version of Jason, why doesn't she have any complicated feelings about that? 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also I'm confused.  Wasn't the whole point of the Borg nickname and complaints about Steve Burton's Jason is that he never had an expression and just seemed robotic and phoning in his performance for years?

Gonna take my reply to the Jason thread in the character section.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I think people are always happy at wedding even if the couple are remarrying. I have seen people more happy at renewal of vows ceremony. Plus this was their family and friends who were happy for Jasam. It is not like strangers were there to celebrate with Jasam. 

Anyways, I was happy Sam had a "this is my father?" storyline. It was what Sam fans has been asking since forever. It was not like we wanted her to be a Jerome but it is what we got. Julian is meh! So, what. All he is there for is to give Alexis and Sam some storylines. They are the ones we care about. 

I always hoped that Sam's father story would never be written by horrible GH writers but at last I never get what I want. 

Plus there are many stories I wish GH never wrote cause TIIC suck in every possible way. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

I always hoped that Sam's father story would never be written by horrible GH writers but at last I never get what I want. 

Plus there are many stories I wish GH never wrote cause TIIC suck in every possible way. 

Me too. Lately, every head writers suck.

I mean Sam got the father storyline but it stopped being about her and her new father. It was all about Julian and the mob. Same with Scott Baldwin. It was all about Franco. Now, Liz is getting a sister but no other family and the storyline is really about the new sister. So, instead of making the storyline about our favs and how it effects them to get these new family members in their lives. It is about the newbies and that is why these storylines are not emotional and ultimately fail. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That whole thing felt like a setup for Nina to get her hands on the evidence against Ava for Connie's dearh

The only person I feel should have that evidence is Monica. She got no justice for AJ after everything she did to protect him.Jason getting married at Greyskull should be the final straw for her. She needs to be able to play with Sonny and Ava's lives like they did with her. Considering if anything happened to Sonny and Ava, Avery should go to either Kiki (especially if she is with Dillon) she was pretty okay with her when she was raising her,Michael (hopefully he would be broken up with Sabrina) or Dante. If they both died fiery deaths, Avery's future would improve dramatically. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm hoping it's a lead-up to Nina ending up dead. I'd prefer DeadFranco but I'd take it

She wanted him to ask her because he loved her and not because of Jake. Since his first proposal involved the words - I would give up my happiness and marry you, she turned him down because she already had feelings for him. But yes, for most of the past 10 years before RC started, Jason/Liz rarely interacted and Liz wasn't hyper focused on him 

Just to clarify, Jason proposed to Elizabeth before Jake was born, twice.  At the time he found out Elizabeth was pregnant and it was possible he was the father.  That was the first time.  And Elizabeth turned him down.  You quoted the elevator proposal months later.    

• Love 1

The second marriage proposal included the words - I'll give up my happiness and marry you? He didn't just deserve to be turned down, he deserved to be hit with a bedpan. That shit was rude.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Was SPINELLI supposed to be the court jester? Because that shirt, vest and tie made him look like one. 

I just can't with these stories. So Franco thinks he can just walk into the PCPD and see Hayden? And then he tells Naomi that he not only knows the truth but plans to tell everyone because 'they deserve to know'? This guy didn't step over the lines he obliterated them! None of this is any of his business.

i loved Ava reading Nina for the filth she is in front of that poor girl. IDGAF what Ava did. Nina should never, EVER be allowed to have a baby and Ava was right to tell the girl what Nina did. And if I were Ava, I'd probably file assault charges against Nina for grabbing me like that. And is it just me or did the girl bear a remarkable resemblance to Jill Fennessy?

i thought Sam and Jason looked awesome all dressed up but liked her second dress too. Jason could have at least kept his tux shirt on, and just unbuttoned it. And why were the boys in jeans? There's casual and then there's sloppy. I know they're chidlren, but is there a law in PC that says kids can't be neat for a special occasion? Even khakis would have been better. That said, when did Danny get to be the same age as Jake??? Isn't he 2? 

I liked the wedding pictures but could have lived a long and happy life without hearing Jason say that Sonny taught him all he knows and has been a father to him. Because I'm pretty sure a father (and he actually had one named Alan) wouldn't teach his son how to be an assassin and turn him into a mob enforcer.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

The second marriage proposal included the words - I'll give up my happiness and marry you? He didn't just deserve to be turned down, he deserved to be hit with a bedpan. That shit was rude.

Oracle, You made me literally Laugh. Out. Loud. Best response I've read aside from a poster's comment this week that Franco should be beaten with a fire extinguisher. Although I'd settle for Liz smacking him repeatedly with her bedpan upon finding out he's called Jason, and what else he's been up to/saying regarding her while she's been recovering.   UGH.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I actually didn't hate Friday's show. I liked that they took the time to make a fuss of Sam & Jason's wedding. Although, the part of Monica not going is a WTF moment for me. Seriously? I usually hate Michelle Stafford and her jazzy hands but she did show pain & desperation for a baby. I was totally in to it when she called out Ava on her murdering ways & hypocritical stance on parenting a kid. Please don't hate me but I was pleasantly surprised how content I was by GH today.  

I was thrilled Monica did NOT set foot in the home of the man that killed AJ and his cloying wife that covered up the murder.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I liked the wedding pictures but could have lived a long and happy life without hearing Jason say that Sonny taught him all he knows and has been a father to him. Because I'm pretty sure a father (and he actually had one named Alan) wouldn't teach his son how to be an assassin and turn him into a mob enforcer.

That felt like an extremely deliberate way to tell us that Jason is Jason again, because that's something SBu's Jason said to Sonny once in a while. It was gross then, but it's grosser now, after Jason has expressed remorse about how he treated Alan. So maybe we'll never get any acknowledgement that gritted-teeth Jason is different.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I was thrilled Elizabeth turned down Jason's first and second marriage proposals, and was happy she accepted the third and then Chucky was shot in the head.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, backhometome said:

IA I dont think Liez was hyper focused on Jason for 10 yrs but I do think she would choose him over her other pairings in a heart beat. Only one that could come close would be JJ Lucky but for some reason they didnt want to put them back together despite JJ asking for it. 

RC is absolutely to blame for her obsession with Jason. It should have ended in 2012. 

I think Elizabeth would choose Jason over any of her other male pairings and even Lucky now that he's off the pills.

I was a huge fan of original LnL2, but Guza for whatever reason was more interested in trashing the couple with the Niz crap and JJ's constant tears grated on my nerves.  I thought Elizabeth and Lucky had moved on back in 2007 after their divorce and hated that the reconciled the duo in 2009 and then came that awful Niz affair.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I saw chemistry between KeMo and Wvd and that is the reason why I feel the show rarely had Sam/Julian scenes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't mind the changes in Jason so much as (like Heatlifer) I mind the fact that those changes are unacknowledged and without foundation. He is VERY different and this is a soap - why isn't that a story? It's obvious that Sam is happier with this version of Jason, why doesn't she have any complicated feelings about that? 

I am still waiting on Jason and Sam to admit that they had zero interest in each other romantically until Carly outed his real identity.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Was SPINELLI supposed to be the court jester? Because that shirt, vest and tie made him look like one. 

I just can't with these stories. So Franco thinks he can just walk into the PCPD and see Hayden? And then he tells Naomi that he not only knows the truth but plans to tell everyone because 'they deserve to know'? This guy didn't step over the lines he obliterated them! None of this is any of his business.

i loved Ava reading Nina for the filth she is in front of that poor girl. IDGAF what Ava did. Nina should never, EVER be allowed to have a baby and Ava was right to tell the girl what Nina did. And if I were Ava, I'd probably file assault charges against Nina for grabbing me like that. And is it just me or did the girl bear a remarkable resemblance to Jill Fennessy?

i thought Sam and Jason looked awesome all dressed up but liked her second dress too. Jason could have at least kept his tux shirt on, and just unbuttoned it. And why were the boys in jeans? There's casual and then there's sloppy. I know they're chidlren, but is there a law in PC that says kids can't be neat for a special occasion? Even khakis would have been better. That said, when did Danny get to be the same age as Jake??? Isn't he 2? 

Jake is 9 and Danny is 4.

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

. And why were the boys in jeans? There's casual and then there's sloppy. I know they're chidlren, but is there a law in PC that says kids can't be neat for a special occasion? Even khakis would have been better.

Someone else said Spinelli looked like a Wal-mart greeter. I agree, but court jester works too.

I was wondering the same about the boys, esp. because Jake was in a suite last year (along with Cam and Aiden) on Jake Doe/Jason and Elizabeth's wedding day. This wedding wasn't spur-of-the-moment either, so they could have dressed the boys up in at least khakis and nice shirts.

• Love 1

I actually didn't hate Friday's show.

My rageometer was off the scales - even with fast-forwarding.  So Jason is the same killer Jason.  Sonny and Jason kill and threaten people and get nice things like weddings, family, friends, and the finer things in life.  C'MON WRITERS.

ETA:  Every single line of dialogue letting the audience know how horrible Franco and Julian fail because Jason and Sonny are WORSE.  The actors playing Franco and Julian at least can deliver their dialogue.  This show would be so much better without these four middle-aged actors/characters.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 9

Now that JaSam are no longer in an adventure, and Sam has him secured against Liz because they are married, probably Sam will simply snooze through any future GH scenes, imitating the Dormouse at Alice in Wonderland's teaparties. If she needs to be mobile, Jason can carry her around on a pillow.

She doesn't even try to phone it in anymore.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
spelling
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I thought Elizabeth and Lucky had moved on back in 2007 after their divorce and hated that the reconciled the duo in 2009 and then came that awful Niz affair.

They had moved on and were in a decent place, which is one reason the affair with Nik was so infuriating.

• Love 1

The thing that infuriated me the most about that is that there was far less remorse involved on either Nik or Liz's parts, nor was there any interest in showing Lucky's POV, until the role of Lucky had switched over from Greg Vaughan to Jonathan Jackson.

Ironic, given that GV later proved on Days that he could play trainwreck pretty well.

• Love 2

I'm just catching up on last week's episodes. This clip is truly the best comedy I've seen in a while (Michael Easton's contribution alone made me burst out laughing...then the cheek clutching/wincing!): 

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 1

That's the first time I've seen that clip, so I have to ask - how does Greendenchel get Nik's death being remotely Liz's fault?  Even if you could somehow tie Nik's death to the Jakeson secret, Nik knew that secret first.  This was never some scheme Liz roped innocent Nik into.  Nik took off with those diamonds all on his own, and his being killed by Valentin had exactly squat to do with Liz.  Not to mention that she has zero room to talk to anyone about keeping Jason's identity a secret, what with being the woman who took cash to pretend to be his wife and tried to get him into bed under those circumstances.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 9

It's the usual illogical reason. Rebecca Budig doesn't want to blame herself, so she blames the easiest target: Liz. What's annoying is no one mentioning Nik being a dumbass in the first place, but if the wimmins can be blamed, that's who gets it.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

That's the first time I've seen that clip, so I have to ask - how does Greendenchel get Nik's death being remotely Liz's fault?  Even if you could somehow tie Nik's death to the Jakeson secret, Nik knew that secret first.  This was never some scheme Liz roped innocent Nik into.  Nik took off with those diamonds all on his own, and his being killed by Valentin had exactly squat to do with Liz.  Not to mention that she has zero room to talk to anyone about keeping Jason's identity a secret, what with being the woman who took cash to pretend to be his wife and tried to get him into bed under those circumstances.  

My only guess is that Hayden is so overcome with her hatred for Liz, she can't stop herself from blaming Liz for everything. To her, Liz has always been banging on to Hayden about she and Nik were "best friends," and she has also seen Liz sidle up with Lulu and Laura for some bitchface competitions against her. Hayden may think Liz was leading the "Nikolas, Get Away from Hayden" campaign which pushed Nik to leave and find his demise. 

• Love 1

I might be in the minority but I really loved the Felicia & Maxie scenes on Tuesday particular the last one they shared where Felicia was holding Maxie. It's about damn time that they had scenes together onscreen & Maxie gets 2 confide her fears 2 her mom. I'm the last 1 2 give GH credit but I will give credit where it's due the Felicia/Maxie scenes where the heart of the show last week. The last scene was poignant & symbolic 2 me. After everything Guza has done 2 Felicia & her relationships starting with Fluke the mess it was nice 2 see it back to where it rightfully belongs.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

how does Greendenchel get Nik's death being remotely Liz's fault?  

Same way Liz gets that it's Hayden's fault.

1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

My only guess is that Hayden is so overcome with her hatred for Liz, she can't stop herself from blaming Liz for everything. 

And vice versa. 

I still think Liz is the bigger idiot in the Hayden vs. Liz mess. Hayden wouldn't give a fuck about Liz if Liz hadn't started in on her from jump. Like Liz who cares move on with your life!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11