Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Curtis just seems to want to hit the hay with Valerie but I do currently enjoy his scenes with Hayden and Jordan.

Ya think?   Seems to me that he was very understanding about her spending more time with her fellow cadets at her grad party rather than going home with him.  And he expressly said thank you to her for giving him the best idea he'd had in a long time - that idea being thinking and asking about being on the police force. 

Oh well. 

Edited by Aurora2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Is it ethically possible for Alexis to rat out Julian?

Yes. But I'm not holding my breath.

We've only had a total of maybe 11 minutes of Huxley and I'm already so, so bored with him. I did think that Ava's line about how everyone in PC is whining about how evil Nik has become was a barely veiled shot at the audience who've been wondering WTF is going on with him the last 18 months or so. Which is just so petty. If you take a character who's been the white sheep of his evil family since forever and suddenly and inexplicably turn him into Lord of the Douche, people are going to have questions. It hardly constitutes whining.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 9

NuNikolas sounds disconcertingly like Tyler sometimes. It's a bit freaky.

Somehow, despite Kiki coughing into Dillon's mouth (ew), Dillon will probably be fine. 

Jordan looked lovely.

The upside for me with Jordan and Anna being okay giving info to Sonny is no one can accuse Dante of being Sonny informant 1#. Gotta reach for something here.

Button up that button, Dr Michael Easton. I see you trying to look mysteriously sexy.

Hayden got over Nik being maybe dead fast, huh.

Morgan's still on the show, eh?

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Chad needs to leave. He can do better and he has no one to support, go for it buddy, go for it. He has a nice set of shoulders and could easily be a supporting player in some comedic romance films or shows, instead of being supporting player to Morgan/Sonny/Carly. 

• Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Chad needs to leave. He can do better and he has no one to support, go for it buddy, go for it. He has a nice set of shoulders and could easily be a supporting player in some comedic romance films or shows, instead of being supporting player to Morgan/Sonny/Carly. 

It is pretty weird, given the show's relentless push on Sonny and Carly as the tentpole of the show, that their children aren't driving story in any real way.  Michael, nothing to speak of, probably some lame drama with Sabrina in the offing.  Morgan, been mostly off-screen lately.  Dante, Band-Aid-ed back together with Lulu and sitting around doing nothing.  Kristina, recurring in a love triangle where one participant hasn't been seen in months.  They seem to parachute in to lick Sonny's ass or make him look good, but that's it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

This. He should at least try because pretty soon it's going to be too late for him. Actually the show will probably end soon anyway but still. 

I liked this episode tbh. I fast forwarded everything at the police station and most of the scenes with Sonny/Morgan though so that helped.

Kiki/Dillon are just such a breath of fresh air. And so, of course, just like that they're ruined for a fucking Corinthos. Sigh. Also, Morgan's weave is a mess.

The Hayden/Finn scenes were much better today then yesterday but I'm still annoyed that they're pairing them. He's better with Tracy and she's better with Curtis. Oh well.

OK I've decided I actually really like Temp!Nik. The guy is cute and he can act. He was much better today. And I'm still enjoying this stupid thing with Nik/Ava/Huxley. Whatever!

• Love 6

I'm a day behind, so here are some comments on yesterday's show.

Pro tip, Nina: If you have to tell people you're fierce and independent, you aren't.

I loved Jordan's white sleeveless top.

What a ridiculous episode. When Sonny has to point out the stupidity of your arrest, you know it's deeply dumb.

Today's show wasn't much better.

Anna's one to talk about denial.

Hayden and Finn have no chemistry, IMO.

The Huxley thing is the worst. So, so bad.

LOL that Sonny asked Carly to push the elevator button. He can't do anything for himself!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Isn't Mo due for a nice, long vacay? I'm willing to contribute all the coins and some of the lint from my pocket to help get him started on his own Around the World in 80 Days 'adventure'.

Seriously, Frank, WHO do you think enjoys watching a geriatric Sesame Street mob boss swanning all over town, all up in erbody's business like some tween Freeform Disney princess? I don't understand their absolute refusal to move this show into the 21st century. We're on the verge of our first female president, and this show has most of the women acting a damn fool in one way or another because of a man. Like, is there no plan to try to actually increase viewership? Or is it just about bailing the water out of a sinking Titanic with a Solo bathroom cup? Asking for a friend.. :-)

MB is probably so thrilled at being head cheese now that Geary has retired that he does not realize his character is a buffoon.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I actually didn't mind the Liz/Franco scenes. Especially when they were talking about the murders and she asked what would make someone do that. When he replied 'power' and then explained that for some, that's everything, it was like for a fleeting moment she remembered who he was and what he'd done. Her 'I hVe a lot of work to do'  as she walked away was perfect.

Elizabeth should have ran and not walked as far away from that clown as possible.

• Love 2
(edited)

NGL, I enjoyed today. It was good soap. Except I had to pretend that the Corinthos lovefest was another family entirely. Or, that the four of them got crushed by the ceiling caving in and all four died.

Two things I wish: 1) that Hayden's new found friendship and going out of her way for Finn was the story with Curtis all along and 2) that TC was in those scenes today with Ava. I think there really could have been some some good tension there. It's just not the same without him, damn it. Not Nik was slightly better, but still doesn't measure up. Mad that Ava didn't kill Huxley for being super annoying, and WTF with neither of them trying anything? Did Nik not learn jousting as a kid? Doesn't that seem up his alley? I refuse to believe that either of them couldn't kick his ass.

Dillon is clearly channeling the 17 year old me when I broke all kinds of rules to visit my summer camp boyfriend in the infirmary with strep throat one night. I made out with him and didn't get sick (teenage hormones, y'all), so I highly approve even if I didn't already love Killon. And Kiki is clearly channeling the unfortunate me from two weeks ago that had the worst summer cold in a while. Kicked my ass so I really sympathized with her. Still all kinds of sparkly, it just sucks that Morgan is going to ruin everything. As usual.

After seeing this Alexis/Julian story, I actually think I would rather have seen a triangle with Olivia. Don't hurt me.

Liz, showing indignation that someone else is lying. My side hurts from laughing too hard.

The best expression of the past two days was that poor nurse who had to hear Nina and Franco talking about having sex when she stepped off the elevator yesterday.

What the hell was that giant necklace though? It reminded me of Carly's Evil Eye thing. Ugly.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11

This artifact shit is already stupid. I probably would be interested in this on a better written show, but definitely not on this one. You put a mobster and a man who comes from a terrorist family together and this is the best you can come up with? It would have made sense for Nik to be involved in the organ story since it involved Helena and Liez's favorite kid and it would've been an opportunity to redeem him a little. And if they still wanted to have him and Ava work together I'm sure there was a way she could've been inserted into the story. Also, I like that Hux thinks stealing is wrong but slicing someone's hand with a rapier is perfectly acceptable. 

I wish Jordan would stop talking about the Carlos murder case with that lunatic Anna. 

I knew Julian wouldn't confess to save Alexis but I didn't think he would be selfish enough to expect her to go on trial for a murder he committed and put her life in the hands of a jury. He could at least attempt to have the evidence stolen from the PCPD. 

Ugh Pip why are you helping Liez instead of telling her to mind her own business. Very disappointed. 

I'm fine with the Hayden/Finn friendship but it's annoying that she's been more of a friend to him than she has Curtis.

• Love 12
(edited)

I cannot believe they think anyone cares about this fluffy caper with murderin'-ass Ava and wild fugitive turned soccer dad Faux!Nikolas. Maura West and TC have the same dark chemistry he has with most scheming characters and there's material to play there, but not some goofy comedy business over a statue with Trent fucking Dawson. This is what I mean when I say so much of JP's work at ATWT and Y&R seemed like marking time and actively avoiding telling interesting stories. Also, it's so tonally off for the characters.

They need to do Who Killed Julian when Ava gets back to town. Bet they won't!

I'm checking the clips but I assume Laura's "story" with Kevin re: Helena hasn't moved an inch in the last four or five weeks either. God, what shit.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wish Jordan would stop talking about the Carlos murder case with that lunatic Anna. 

Jordan initially told Anna to butt out of the ongoing police investigation, and that Anna was simply not neutral. So why is Jordan sharing so much with Anna now? Maybe Jordan does not want to alienate DA Paul, Anna's boss, but she doesn't have to go out of her way to include nutty Anna.

So this show has several simultaneous murder investigations ongoing:

1. Carlos Rivera's murder
  2. Patient deaths at the hospital, including the attack on Lucas (possible serial killer loose)
  3. Possible murder of Nik Cassadine

Has Jordan dropped murders 2 and 3? Are her department resources overwhelmed by the potential murder investigations? Shouldn't she get help? Even Hayden seems to have dropped her interest in Nik's potential death to badger Finn. The only time we hear about the patient deaths and attack on Lucas, who has moved on to being a happy groom, is from Dr Obrecht on the scene at the hospital.

Even if the original actor who played Nik had stayed, why would the show run all these murder investigations simultaneously in parallel? Why aren't Anna and the DA interested in more than just Carlos's murder? Can't they multi-task?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Has Jordan dropped murders 2 and 3? Are her department resources overwhelmed by the potential murder investigations? Shouldn't she get help? Even Hayden seems to have dropped her interest in Nik's potential death to badger Finn. The only time we hear about the patient deaths and attack on Lucas, who has moved on to being a happy groom, is from Dr Obrecht on the scene at the hospital.

Even if the original actor who played Nik had stayed, why would the show run all these murder investigations simultaneously in parallel? Why aren't Anna and the DA interested in more than just Carlos's murder? Can't they multi-task?

Anna only cares about Justice For Duke and I don't think the Port Charles legal system can deal with multiple murder cases simultaneously. 

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:51 AM, Mrs OldManBalls said:

I know this is from a while back, but I just wanted to say I think it's so sweet that you know this. A true Carly fan : )! 

I agree with you, but it's also a story that's not about Sonny, Jason, vengenance for Duke, so I'm willing to put up with it a little bit. 

Personally, I'm missing Amy 2.0. I really want to see more of her. She was such a good addition to the bloated cast. <sarcasim>

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

If that dumb statue was stolen over 50 years ago, why is Huxley blaming Ava?  She wasn't even alive then.

Because SHE MURDERED CONNIE FALCONERI!!!!!

Seriously. I wouldn't put it past Show to work that into this storyline.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

That was her badge LOL!

Well damn it. Either my eyesight is failing me or I need a new television. Probably both. Still kind of a giant badge.

Confession time: I spent more time envying the way Rebecca Budig's ass looked in those pants than paying attention to the actual scenes. But, I guess we finally have some movement on the story. He's dying. Who cares?

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm checking the clips but I assume Laura's "story" with Kevin re: Helena hasn't moved an inch in the last four or five weeks either. God, what shit.

Last week, Laura was literally like, "Nah, tell me some other time" when Kevin said he had new info about the Helena stuff.  She might as well have said, "Sorry Kevin, but until Nicholas Bechtel goes back to his other show, our storyline is on hold".  So silly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I've been watching too much Action!Jasam to expect Ava to kick Huxley in the balls while he was holding the box and the sword, while TempNik gets up and disarms him with his good arm.

I'm fully expecting Jasam to save the day with a combo of Sam using her feminine wiles on Huxley (because of course he won't be able to resist!) and Jason cold-cocking him, at which point Nikolas will be so grateful that he'll immediately fly them all back to PC and proclaim Jason to be the fairest in the land!

• Love 8
(edited)

Aw, geez! Why'd you have to put this out in the universe? I am so tired of scenes of Sam standing next to a Big Bad,  exuding her pheromones all over him, and calling it detective work. 

If that's the only skill she has, she should just go home. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I've been watching too much Action!Jasam to expect Ava to kick Huxley in the balls while he was holding the box and the sword, while TempNik gets up and disarms him with his good arm.

You do know this is GH , and only JASON CAN BE THE SAVIOR..I was waiting with baited breath for nick or Ava to get behind the idiot and bop him on the head. Forgot Jason was on his way. This mess is nothing if not predictable. Sonny is the PC savior, right after he sends his goons to pick up the protection money, and Jason is the know all and savior of all. I have to go to the gym earlier so I don't accidently catch it while on my computer.

Plus might as well put this here. Was Finola trying to crawl into the wall while Sonny was threatening the police commisioner,I will call my lawyer and have to sue you for harassment.????? Sounded like he was doing the harassing.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This reminded me that I am really loving Jordan's hair right now. It's the only thing good about the recent police station scenes.

LOL that Sonny asked Carly to push the elevator button. He can't do anything for himself!

I was fucking rolling over that. ROLLING! And she said, "OK" all exasperated like. That felt more MB/LW to me tbh.

14 hours ago, rur said:

He could get lucky … the 4th of July is coming up.

Honestly I'll be disappointed if Valerie and Curtis don't have sex for the first time on July 4th. 

25 minutes ago, rur said:

I am so tired of scenes of Sam standing next to a Big Bad,  exuding her pheromones all over him, and calling it detective work.

I am super tired of this as well. It's so stupid.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Monica didn't even examine Kaka to make sure she's really sick. What if Kaka is just a druggie looking to score pills? What if she's allergic to the medication, which Monica would have known if she had bothered to examine her? Very poor doctoring. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:24 AM, Sake614 said:

I actually didn't mind the Liz/Franco scenes. Especially when they were talking about the murders and she asked what would make someone do that. When he replied 'power' and then explained that for some, that's everything, it was like for a fleeting moment she remembered who he was and what he'd done. Her 'I hVe a lot of work to do'  as she walked away was perfect.

NGL, Howarth and Herbst have chemistry.

I'm ready for "Franco" to reveal that he's not Robert Franco, and that he was Robert Franco's roommate at the mental hospital and assumed Franco's identity upon his release because it was easier to assume his than deal with his own demons (which, thankfully don't involve serial killing or sexual assault). Reasons. Helena.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Francie said:

NGL, Howarth and Herbst have chemistry.

I'm ready for "Franco" to reveal that he's not Robert Franco, and that he was Robert Franco's roommate at the mental hospital and assumed Franco's identity upon his release because it was easier to assume his than deal with his own demons (which, thankfully don't involve serial killing or sexual assault). Reasons. Helena.

I would take anything at this point.  Maybe he thought he would get the money from the Quartermaines or something.   Maybe real Franco lied and said "hey dude, can you do the plan? "  And this guy was like, nah I'm not going to use a toy monkey or make long movies and flirt with killers, I'll apologize for this guys crimes,  oh fuck um I have a tumor, well shit.  So he kinda went off course.  I'd buy that.  A broke, depressed former therapist who went crazy is better than a rapist/serial killer chilling in the hospital.   It would explain how Curtis knew his face, how he's a decent therapist,  and why he goes crazy but hasn't actually killed.  

• Love 1
(edited)

So it's the first episode with Liz in her new house.  So of course, there's fucking Franco and there's Jake and there's these annoying domestic scenes of them as a family unit.  And where are Cameron and Aiden?  "Upstairs with the new babysitter".  Is that code for "packed in a box next to the Christmas ornaments"?  That the writers are dead set on ignoring as much as possible that Liz is a mother to two other children - one of whom Franco kidnapped - because it doesn't fit into their agenda of putting Liz with the SERIAL KILLER grosses me out big time.

Shut up, Morgan.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 21

No toast for Carl/Andy I guess. 

Liez/Franco are gross. Who hated you Liez???. People got over your nasty behavior very quick, heck some even patted you on the back for it. 

I would so love the Nik/Ava scenes if TC were in them. 

Morgan is already ruining Dillon/Kiki. Why would she be hung up on him at all. He cheated on her with her mother multiple times. 

• Love 11

Maxie explaining the purpose of a sex toy to Nina, I really wish I could unsee that. Nina needs to pull it together, Franco is not worth it.

Did Morgan dye his hair while in the mental hospital, his hair looks awful. It's too bad they didn't give him a mental illness that would have kept him institutionalized permanently.

I know they are exploring Liz/Franco but they need to stop. This relationship is disgusting and I don't know how people are supposed to forgive Liz for this. She is a mother of three and her first scenes in her new home are with the serial killer/rapist not her three boys? Remember the girls night out episodes where Liz was shown to have female friends... This new "friendship" makes me so angry.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So it's the first episode with Liz in her new house.  So of course, there's fucking Franco and there's Jake and there's these annoying domestic scenes of them as a family unit.  And where are Cameron and Aiden?  "Upstairs with the new babysitter".  Is that code for "packed in a box next to the Christmas ornaments"?  That the writers are dead set on ignoring as much as possible that Liz is a mother to two other children - one of whom Franco kidnapped - because it doesn't fit into their agenda of putting Liz with the SERIAL KILLER grosses me out big time.

Shut up, Morgan.

Upstairs with a new babysitter? Cam should be 12 be now. He doesn't need to be with a babysitter. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Upstairs with a new babysitter? Cam should be 12 be now. He doesn't need to be with a babysitter. 

Cam is old enough to hire his own damn babysitters. He should be like 30.  

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And why is there a babysitter there if Liz is home?

Because they need supervision from the serial killer Mommy brought home?

33 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Maxie explaining the purpose of a sex toy to Nina, I really wish I could unsee that. 

Jelly needs to REPENT for that.

• Love 10
On June 17, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Fellaway said:

Sonny - Sonny Corinthos - standing in someone's living room and pontificating about how someone, anyone else, was "finally, finally" going to get what he deserves, defines what is wrong with this show.

AMEN!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

Liz's new place looks the same as her old place. Cousin Oliver is a step up from the previous Jake. I hope that was a wig Franco was wearing in Nina's fantasy 

It's the Brownstone, which annoys me because I actually wanted them to use that set as the Brownstone.

And no, that was not a wig. :( It was very much his hair.

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

Maxie explaining the purpose of a sex toy to Nina, I really wish I could unsee that.

For real.

Also, the hotel room was Carly's bedroom at her old house which does she still own that place or what?

• Love 6
(edited)

wow could have done without the sex toy infomercial, and also just as sickening was Maxie's little ode to getting married.

I miss appropriately-weird old-nu-Jake.

Also miss TC in these scenes with Ava as others have already said.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 6

Dillon (re: Kiki and Morgan): You guys have history, you were married.

Me: ...they were married for five minutes.  And she spent that entire marriage pining away for YOUR COUSIN MICHAEL, who she leapt to the second it was over.

• Love 8