Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

When Frank Valentini Publik Purk shoots begin on a soap you know it doesn't have long. Happened to ATWT, AMC and GL too. OLTL went out stronger IMO, but the really egregious park shoots began the year prior to cancellation which was one of its worst.

I like how they covered for the fact that Nicolas Bechtel can't act grief by saying 'he's pretending to be strong!' He did not give a fuck.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe Britt did it.

*ducks tomatoes thrown by jsbt*

Fuck Britt!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It always cracks me up when people come and go to Spoon Island as if there's a 24-hour shuttle service, but suddenly when the story demands it, there's one launch, and it takes forever.

During the yacht fiasco when Lisa was trying to kill everyone, people like AZ were using water taxis.

• Love 2

Liz's hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness is STUNNING. Running to the PCPD and Jordan to offer up Hayden as a suspect because she's a liar and a con artist and married Nik under false pretenses? What did you think you were doing the last two years with Jason, you dumbass?

Notice how, in giving Hayden a motive, Liz didn't mention that Nik TRIED TO KILL HAYDEN and Liz knew all about it and said nothing.

• Love 19

On my TV, Liz's face continues to look so dead white...along with her skeletal arms she is really beginning to scare me because she looks other-worldly. Hayden is another one who looks so small and thin with huge blackened eyes...looking rather alien, like Liz. I can't help but shiver at them both sometimes.

Some of the men on the other hand have such overly developed muscles.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

During the yacht fiasco when Lisa was trying to kill everyone, people like AZ were using water taxis.

Which I believe was the first time they'd been mentioned. Hee.

One reason Maxie's face looks odd is she's wearing too-light lipstick. It shouldn't be the same color as her foundation. No wonder KSt wanted to take some time off—they aren't doing a good job of covering up her skin rash. What's with the white foundation? I can't believe they can't custom-mix something. They're professionals, supposedly. (/paraphrasing Silas Clay)

I can't believe Carly didn't barge into Monica's conversation with Jason and Sam.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Vella said:

Speaking of Jason, I just love that he and Sam agree to dump Danny with Monica, blow off Jake and go investigate the disappearance of Nikolas like Jason's already been convicted of murder when he's simply a person of interest.  Kids? Responsibilities? What are those when I have to go do something I 100% do not have to do?

For me, that was just another example of this show not caring about showcasing a child's relationship with his/her parents, but are more than willing to bring them out to bond with sidepieces. It's shameful and I'm surprised that more fans don't notice this about GH.

• Love 1

I don't even why Sam and Jason are leaving town.  They are saying they are doing it to investigate and find out but really happen, but they don't even bother to look for physical evidence at the crime scene?  They are just going to solve it with their post-its?  Why couldn't they do that in town?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

That I buy. It's supposed to be a huge estate. Especially if Jason didn't know just where his room was.

He did look around downstairs first, so that could have taken a few minutes.  And it's a castle.  Not your typical family home.

12 minutes ago, aw86 said:

I don't even why Sam and Jason are leaving town.  They are saying they are doing it to investigate and find out but really happen, but they don't even bother to look for physical evidence at the crime scene?  They are just going to solve it with their post-its?  Why couldn't they do that in town?

They could, but Jason doesn't want to be where the cops can find and arrest him.  So they are technically not running (yet), but he also doesn't want them to be able to find him and arrest him WHEN the time comes. 

Ok, so correct if I am wrong, but I swear when Jelly took over they promised more family stuff?  More emotional stuff?  Did I hallucinate that?  Because having a beloved character in a coma writes itself....Or it should, but apparently other stupid shit is more important.   Let's have one of his sisters find out, and then sit around her house for a few hours dealing with her husbands 800th child instead of GOING STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL.  And then, let's have his other sister find out off screen, mention it for 2.2 seconds and discuss it like the dude just had his wisdom teeth removed., and then leave town.  Seriously.  WTF???????  If this shit isnt going to have any emotional impact to anyone on the fucking show, than WHY PICK LUCAS?  Pick someone who you CAN write your plot points around and have it not be jarring.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MostlyC said:

Outdoor shoots = epic fail.  Upstate New York does not look like LA and it never will.

And Hayden/Finn?  I could get on that 'ship.

/back to lurkerdom

A million times Yes to the outdoor shoots.  I posted about it pages and pages ago; it continues to bug me.  I live in rural New England, which I'm assuming is somewhat akin to upstate NY, and outdoors around here looks nothing like that 'park' in Port Charles.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

And it had a staircase, yet the room they were in had a bed. Where were the stairs leading to?!

Me too.  She was very pale.  that makeup looked caked on.

If I'm not mistaken, that hide-out is the old gatehouse set from the Quartermaine estate.  I always loved that set and was beyond thrilled to see it again.  Unfortunately, it will only make a brief appearance probably.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hated the off-handed, conversational way Maxie asked Sam about Lucas.  If you didn't know the history, you'd have no idea that Maxie is Lucas' cousin and has had a familial relationship with him longer than Sam OR Carly.  And then she went right back to being chirpy about Nathan and Claudette.  Worst!

Meanwhile, Sam talked about her off-screen visit to Lucas' bedside like she was checking something off her to-do list.

OMG.  Is that OLTL's David Vickers the dog as your avi?!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Liz's hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness is STUNNING. Running to the PCPD and Jordan to offer up Hayden as a suspect because she's a liar and a con artist and married Nik under false pretenses? What did you think you were doing the last two years with Jason, you dumbass?

Notice how, in giving Hayden a motive, Liz didn't mention that Nik TRIED TO KILL HAYDEN and Liz knew all about it and said nothing.

Please.  Hayden came to town conning and lying and I give no fucks that Elizabeth lied to Jason any more.  The town is full of liars, con artists, killers, and murders.  Hayden could have used those diamonds to live off of instead of selling herself to Ric for some easy cash and trying to sleep with every man she met.

7 hours ago, Vella said:

Someone, please punch Liz in her stupid face.  So busy shrilling about evil Hayden, and completely being okay with Jason blowing off a visit with Jake.

Speaking of Jason, I just love that he and Sam agree to dump Danny with Monica, blow off Jake and go investigate the disappearance of Nikolas like Jason's already been convicted of murder when he's simply a person of interest.  Kids? Responsibilities? What are those when I have to go do something I 100% do not have to do?

Jake Doe turned into a real ass around November and the hits keep on coming!

Elizabeth is used to Lucky running off and leaving her with the boys, so why should she give a shit about Jason doing the same thing?  Jason promised Cam and Aiden that he would be there for them and that turned out to be a lie and now he's blowing off Jake to play PI with the boil on his ass.  Elizabeth is and will always be the only constant parent in her boys lives and I think those boys are old enough to know who their real parent is and that is not Lucky or Jason!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

OMG.  Is that OLTL's David Vickers the dog as your avi?!

You know it!  If only Princess David Vickers was the OLTL alum cast to play Claudette.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know it!  If only Princess David Vickers was the OLTL alum cast to play Claudette.

RC could be funny as hell at times and I loved Tina's little dog!

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

LMAO when Jason and Sam cleared off a wall in the safe house and wrote on a string of yellow post-it notes to track the timing of their arrival and discovery of Nik's injuries and disappearance. What amateurs! How hard was it to remember the sequence of events and timing? And as rich as both Sam and Jason are said to be, why didn't they use an App on a laptop to construct the chain of events and organize details of every stage? I can barely read Sam's sloppy handwriting. A simple PowerPoint presentation would offer different views of the content and special places for notes or to attach videos, figures, pictures, spreadsheets, etc and then run the whole presentation as a slideshow for someone like Diane or Jordan or the FBI. As they were brainstorming, a computer was the higher-tech means to improved recall and analysis, rather than...YELLOW POST-IT NOTES?

I have heard that professional writers who write complex books sometimes post information their on a wall so they can keep track of  the important beats of a story, maintain appropriate pacing, get the character threads appropriately interwoven, remember what they've already told the audience and visually see where they plan to have the plots and the characters go. 

So, I'm thinking that all the post-its and writing pads were gathering dust up the GH writers room and someone thought, "Hey, let's write a scene with this stuff in it! Once it's out of the way, we'll have more room for the pizza boxes!"

Edited by rur
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Between regaining his memory, yelling at Liz about Franco and screwing Sam in barns, he hasn't had a lot of time for cardio, ok?

Ok, that made me laugh.  I just got a mental picture of Billy huffing and puffing on the 234 stairs! 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

That I buy. It's supposed to be a huge estate. Especially if Jason didn't know just where his room was.

But he wasn't randomly looking for Niks room, he was heading towards the sounds he heard.

also, 7 minutes is a long time.  Time yourself walking around your house and I bet you'll check your watch and be surprised that only two minutes went by. 

Eh it's not a big thing I just wondered if Jason had stopped by the kitchen for a bite to eat on his way.  These two are not the best investigators around. 

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

now he's blowing off Jake to play PI with the boil on his ass. 

He'll get over being "blown off" for one or two nights better than having his father go to jail for something he didn't do. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But he wasn't randomly looking for Niks room, he was heading towards the sounds he heard.

also, 7 minutes is a long time.  Time yourself walking around your house and I bet you'll check your watch and be surprised that only two minutes went by. 

Eh it's not a big thing I just wondered if Jason had stopped by the kitchen for a bite to eat on his way.  These two are not the best investigators around. 

I'll have to find a picture of Wyndemere later, but they established it was hotel-big.

• Love 2
(edited)

He did look around downstairs first, so that could have taken a few minutes. 

Remember how long it took him to find Sam at Lizzie's house?  I'm surprised Jason isn't still wandering the halls of Wyndemere, calling "Here Nic".

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 16
(edited)

He heard noises but not a fight so he wasn't rushing towards the sounds and Wyndemere is hotel big so it's possible that it took awhile to pinpoint strange sounds in a (huge) strange house - but it's also enough time for him to have tossed Nik out of a window so it's too bad that the writers immediately cleared the two main suspects

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

Okay, you guys, I did it! I finally watched Tuesday and yesterday. With the help of a couple of drinks, and knowing what exactly lay ahead, I was able to get through it. Yes, even the Ava/Sonny/Carly scenes. Maura slayed and Avery being so happy being reunited with Ava in the first episode and then at the MC helped a lot. I imagined Ava was snarking at them the entire time in her head. And there was some other good stuff:

1) Killon - truth be told, these scenes were what I was after after reading about them. I wanted more and it was just great. They were still sparkly and cute and I just want them to keep being their adorable little selves. I have to give RPW and HE credit, because when you can make those of us who either had no interest in or outright despised their individual characters cheering for them as a couple, they must have something to do with it.

2) Hayden's face at Spencer's "don't be sad, you still have me" speech. PRICELESS. I want that on an endless GIF. TeeVee?

3) Dante's hair and scruff. YES PLEASE.

4) Diane schooling Jordan.

5) The Molly/Alexis scenes were pretty great. I'm so impressed with how Haley has matured over the years.

Of course, there was some bad to go along with it. WTF is up with Tracy? Why is she so psycho? And why in the fuck is she making me defend Sabrina of all people? For god's sake, Tracy, get it together and lose your baby rabies. Because that (defending Sabrina) is inexcusable.

Liz continues to be smuggy and bitchy when she's done the same exact thing as Hayden (lie). Liz and Sonny should so hook up. Forget Liz and Franco. [Seriously show, forget them.]

Today's episode looks both stupid and boring.

Random: Is Olivia still on this show? Is she still on contract? Why can't Sonny be on her airtime equivalent?

Ok, so correct if I am wrong, but I swear when Jelly took over they promised more family stuff?  More emotional stuff?  Did I hallucinate that? 

What are you talking about? Are you saying the Corinthos Family Hour doesn't do it for you? *Frank orders more scenes with all things Corinthos*

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

It would be great if people could show some concern over Lucas being in a coma. Who gives a fuck about talking tree or worthless Claud or fucking Nik. And while I like Finn a little, I don't give a single fuck about his stupid dead wife. Fuck her. 

Liez is such a useless [insert 20 expletives and derogatory names]. 

Oh hey, a Sam/Maxie scene!

Griffin needs to get it together. I know he must be embarrassed about getting shot by a tree, but still. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, rur said:

I have heard that professional writers who write complex books sometimes post information their on a wall so they can keep track of  the important beats of a story, maintain appropriate pacing, get the character threads appropriately interwoven, remember what they've already told the audience and visually see where they plan to have the plots and the characters go. 

So, I'm thinking that all the post-its and writing pads were gathering dust up the GH writers room and someone thought, "Hey, let's write a scene with this stuff in it! Once it's out of the way, we'll have more room for the pizza boxes!"

P.Is do it and detectives. 

What Sam and Jason did with the Post Its is actually realistic. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jazzy24 said:

P.Is do it and detectives. 

What Sam and Jason did with the Post Its is actually realistic. 

But it's so low-tech!! The glue on the notes won't hold, the highlighters have thick points, and so create illegible writing or blots. The writing cannot be read at any distance. Plus, were they discussing a situation that needed visual analysis? Why draw a wall-sized mural of notes?

The kid Spencer is beginning to remind me of Spinelli.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But it's so low-tech!! The glue on the notes won't hold, the highlighters have thick points, and so create illegible writing or blots. The writing cannot be read at any distance. Plus, were they discussing a situation that needed visual analysis? Why draw a wall-sized mural of notes?

The kid Spencer is beginning to remind me of Spinelli.

That's SOP for any cop show when the main character gets accused of a crime/is a victim of a crime and decides to investigate things themselves. I refer you to the show 'Castle' and Beckett's Wall O' Post-its and Pain Investigation of Her Mother's Murder. Now, when Castle started investigating as well, being a successful writer with all the newfangled technology, he actually had a big computer screen with all the clues. That would have been fun if Uncle Frank wasn't so cheap, to have Jason and Sam hit a few buttons and have a giant board come down from the ceiling or something. 

• Love 5
(edited)

You had to love the scene of the hit man and kidnapping accomplice/mob moll bemoaning how the police don't do their job right.  This show... 

And am I supposed to care that Cujo is dismayed that she may have been wrong about her new insta-friend?  Maybe if she wasn't in such a hurry to pee all over the leg of every new guy in town, christening them all her new BFF, she could take some time to find out what they're like?  Also, if the current victim wasn't related to her, she'd be going to the mat for Finn, proclaiming his innocence for the world to hear.  Not to mention, it's not like she has a problem with hanging out with criminals.  She even specializes in friendships with those who kill.   

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 8
Just now, KerleyQ said:

You had to love the scene of the hit man and kidnapping accomplice/mob moll bemoaning how the police don't do their job right.  This show... 

I'm already awaiting how they're the ones to crack to case.  Bonus points if they somehow shoehorn a Spinelli appearance in as he'll access the underwater surveillance cameras in the PC harbor to discover Nikolas got picked up by a submarine.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm already awaiting how they're the ones to crack to case.  Bonus points if they somehow shoehorn a Spinelli appearance in as he'll access the underwater surveillance cameras in the PC harbor to discover Nikolas got picked up by a submarine.  

Of course Jason is going to be the one who solves a crime the PCPD can't.  After that, all he'll need to do is kill someone, and he'll be back to full-fledged Jason Morgan.  

• Love 3

Why did no one warn me that Spencer looked like Where is Waldo? What was up with that hair and giant glasses? All he needs is a red stripped turtleneck.
 Sign me up with those who think he knows Nik faked his death. I mean he keeps saying he's never coming back like he's on a trip not dead.

LOL at Jason figuring out Nik staged the fight long before the PCPD even thinks of thinking about it. I can't understand why it doesn't occur to Jordan just b/c Hayden didn't PERSONALLY push Nik out the window doesn't mean she isn't behind it. She is friends with sketchy Curtis.

Finn is still totally weird...not in a good way.

Why are more people concerned about Where is Nik? than Lucas' coma?

Ava and Liz are both pathetic, why can't the angel of death put them in a coma?

While Dillion and Kiki are both very cute people there whole story is a whole lot of fluff. I feel like they have the same conversation 18327347 times.zzzzzz

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Cattitude said:

Why did no one warn me that Spencer looked like Where is Waldo? What was up with that hair and giant glasses?

(in a small voice, ducking barware)

I thought he looked cute.

I'll go sit alone at the table in the far, far corner now.

• Love 5

Spencer looked like the actor just popped over on break from filming his Disney Channel show, because that's what his character looks like on Stuck in the Middle. 

• Love 8

Finn McBain: You're INSANE! That's MY PRIVATE BUSINESS! You are NO RIGHT to ask! YOU will be sorry and I will SUE YOU if you don't stop! It's in my CONTRACT, and it's PERSONAL!

Nurse: Doctor, all I asked is if you wanted the last bagel in the break room.....

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Spencer looked like the actor just popped over on break from filming his Disney Channel show, because that's what his character looks like on Stuck in the Middle. 

He really did look like he just stumbled into a random set and was like, "I guess I'll put these improv skills to work."

• Love 6
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe Britt did it.

*ducks tomatoes thrown by jsbt*

Ava did it. And Julian. And Sonny and Carly will solve it and use it for leverage, because reasons and fuck logic.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Liz continues to be smuggy and bitchy when she's done the same exact thing as Hayden (lie).

I've decided that Liz probably hates Hayden so much because she realizes how similar they actually are and she won't admit to herself that she sucks as a person.

• Love 13

I'm actually a teeny tiny bit worried that, given the overload of them fighting and

Rebecca Budig's mother showing up today, those Twitter RUMORS about them being revealed to be sisters might be true.  I would haaate that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cattitude said:

Why did no one warn me that Spencer looked like Where is Waldo? What was up with that hair and giant glasses? All he needs is a red stripped turtleneck.
 Sign me up with those who think he knows Nik faked his death. I mean he keeps saying he's never coming back like he's on a trip not dead.

LOL at Jason figuring out Nik staged the fight long before the PCPD even thinks of thinking about it. I can't understand why it doesn't occur to Jordan just b/c Hayden didn't PERSONALLY push Nik out the window doesn't mean she isn't behind it. She is friends with sketchy Curtis.

Finn is still totally weird...not in a good way.

Why are more people concerned about Where is Nik? than Lucas' coma?

Ava and Liz are both pathetic, why can't the angel of death put them in a coma?

While Dillion and Kiki are both very cute people there whole story is a whole lot of fluff. I feel like they have the same conversation 18327347 times.zzzzzz

On the plus side.....we can stop the search.  For Waldo, I mean.  True story, my bf is a teacher.  He teaches elementary school.   He has these conferences and I may be called upon to sit for the class.  I did something bad one day.  I photoshopped Waldo out and gave it to his class and said if they found him then I'd give them candy.  They were quiet all afternoon.   It was great.  Yes, I gave them the candy.  No, I am not an education major, but I had a paper due.  

Also, I kinda find Killion realistic.   Most couples that age literally do have the same damn conversations.   It's cute and annoying.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Also, I kinda find Killion realistic.   Most couples that age literally do have the same damn conversations.   It's cute and annoying.  

I can just see their next scene now. They are having a smoopie phone conversation. "okay bye...you hang up....no you hang up....no you hang up...okay on the count of three we will both hang up...1-2..hehehehe!

I do agree it is somewhat realistic...and it makes me want to stab myself in the eyeball with an ice pick.

Plus I'm just waiting for that chewed-up old shoe that is missing a little off the top to drop in the form of Morgan.ugh!

• Love 5
(edited)

Why didn't Hayden just grab a federal agent as long as they were there and tell all about Nik having her shot and Liz and Laura being accessories after the fact?

Liz is a smug, arrogant, hypocritical woman that doesn't seem to care very much that her best and supposedly only friend got killed, she just wants to have Hayden go down for it. I love Hayden got to call her out. Of course Liz doesn't care and all the truth Hayden says goes in one ear and out the other....

What actual evidence is there to have a warrant out for Jason's arrest?

Old Dr. Mays is so the Hospital Serial Killer, isn't he?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 14

Rebecca Budig scored some points by reminding Liz that she's an accessory after the fact to Nikolas TRYING TO HAVE HER KILLED and thus should dial her hypocrisy down a notch.  But other than that, when it comes to Liz vs. Rebecca Budig, I'm pulling a Kelly Taylor.  I choose me.

Lucas lives!  Parry Shen was really good in the brief scenes he got today at Lucas' bedside, but of course, Carly had to shove herself front and center when he woke up.  "Look, I totally care about my brother, I do!".  #whatever

Surprise Kevin!  Happily, despite the setup, he didn't have to deal with stupid Spencer too much and he and Laura continue to charm together.

• Love 10

I hate when my faves. are boring. But thats what the JaSam scenes were. They were like 10 seconds long each. 

God I loved Hayden calling Liez the smirking bitch out. But then they got super embarrassing when they started rolling around on the floor like a couple of kids.

Once again Liez doesnt seem all that torn up at her bff being dead. All she cares about is Hayden Hayden Hayden. Its her new Jason obsession. 

Lol at Laura saying Nik has a good heart. Sure nothing like shooting a woman in the head says that.

The actor who plays brad was not good in those hospital scenes. Yikes.

Aww Lucas telling Carly not to shout made me chuckle. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

when it comes to Liz vs. Rebecca Budig, I'm pulling a Kelly Taylor.  I choose me.

Same here. I don't think either has a leg to stand on, and I wish the show would stop pitting them against each other. And I really hope the rumor that

Hayden is Liz's long-lost sister

is just that.

• Love 4

I do wish Monica had told Carly to butt out of their conversation less politely. 

And I find it amusing* that Carly would think she had the right to insist on what type of treatment Lucas would get. As long as he's single and Bobby's alive, I believe the mother, adoptive or not, would still get "dibs." 

*just as I find it "amusing" that she thinks she has the right to assume she's the BFF of Dr. Michael Easton because he has a room in her hotel. I really would be happy to see her character FOAD.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucas lives!  Parry Shen was really good in the brief scenes he got today at Lucas' bedside

Yes very touching scene by Parry, whom I like. I couldn't help but wish mischievously that Lucas would wake up and forget for awhile that he is gay. Could fall in puppy love with Kiki or Obrecht for awhile, unless he is arcanely related to one or both (I forget).

• Love 1