Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Evidently Kristina's one talent is being able to tell when someone has just had sex.

Just like her brother Morgan. Oh, actually he's also good in bed, so I guess he one ups Krissy.

I liked a lot about the Sam/Kristina talk - like people have mentioned, the realness of it (I liked that little bit about Sam saying she needed layers in her hair), the vibe between KeMo and Lexi, the history between them, etc. I could have done without any mention of Sonny whatsoever. He just ruins everything.

Paul is such an ass, but I'm really hoping that what I heard is untrue

about him declaring his love for Anna.

. I thought the scenes today though were well acted by FH and VA.

Naxie/Griffin is just such a bore.

So I guess Nina isn't really going on the vacation then. I have to admit, I kind of want to see how that stuff in the previews turns out.

Every night in my dreams, I kill Sonny. Over and over and over again.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

Oh also, seriously what is up with the park scenes? Like the show is 100% getting canceled soon, right?

Show hopes that we think they are celebrating Spring by having outdoor scenes, or being innovative. It's a way to save on lighting and sets, as someone points out upthread, and maybe the blocking can be looser too.

Once again, Davis-Girls interaction is the most interesting thing on an episode. I agree with those who said that Sam/Kristina's talk was very natural and un-soapy. I liked Sam's advice about her going out to get experience - which doesn't at all just mean sexual. When you're gay/bi/questioning, it helps to talk, hang out, and relate with others who are the same way. I liked that they pointed that out today. Also, Kristina telling Sam that she and Jason could handle anything, and Sam replying with "And so can you", gave me serious feels <333. I love how supportive they are with each other.

They were so great (minus the Sonny tongue bath--did Mo's new contract include one per episode?)! I loved Kristina saying she should have talked to Sam first and Sam's "Duh!". And the hug was terrific as was them walking off together. The Davis girls have fantastic family chemistry.

• Love 8

I wonder how Alexis will feel about Krissy working with Sonny when she finds out that Sonny held her husband captive.

s

God. I have some observations and questions about this episode. What is in Mo's mouth that he does that weird thing? Is he eating candy? I'm not opposed to candy, but dude, the weird mouth thing all the time is creepy. It looks like he's going to eat his scene partners. With a knife and a fork. Show can't keep having one scene where Sonny is so tolerant and kind, then go to Sonny beating up a dude in an alley and then sucking his teeth saying their going for a drive- with the guy whom happens to be the stepfather to the daughter that's struggling to come out to him. She may not love him, but it beats the tolerant and kind thing because - get this Show- Stone Cates died in the 90s, so talking about him now is beating a literal dead horse. Yeah, I'll say it. So, until Sonny actually does continuous nice things and not shitty things and creepy things, like murder Michael 's father a few years ago- he's a bad dude. Mo is playing him as a bad dude. Stop using the one nice thing Sonny did before all of his children were born to get him to like him.

I can't believe I agreed with Paul and Franco today. I can't believe I was happy to see Anna arrested today, but killing Sloane isn't as bad as killing Carlos. Plus, ew she has the stench of a Sonny friendship on her. Really, Paul should get a high five for killing Sloane, but Anna banged him, so I assume we shall have to forget he raped Susan and then Anna will go on another vengeance tour. Like, I'm done with Anna until her brain comes back. I can't deal with her. And Jordan. I expected more from you. Franco, I cannot fathom what it's like to deal with Nina. She's an overgrown child. We all gave you years of our time, We Never Cared. We are taking a vacation. We need to decompress. Give us all of the alcohol. Ugh.

• Love 5

The only thing about Griffin that is irksome for me is that he seems kind of religious. Just some of the things he's said.....I can't really nail it down at this point but it makes me uncomfortable. 

I think that actually makes sense for the character. His mother was a nun at some point

Griffin did say that his mother was religious, but he didn't flat out say that his mother was Camellia.

I actually liked Sonny telling Kristina she had to start contributing financially to her education.

One of the few times I kinda sorta don't totally hate Sonny is actually in scenes with Kristina. MB seems better in them imo. It's funny because obviously Sonny doesn't care about his girl children but he is much more palatable with both of them.

(I liked that little bit about Sam saying she needed layers in her hair)

I loved that so much! I love little moments like that that make it seem like you're watching real people.

So I guess Nina isn't really going on the vacation then. I have to admit, I kind of want to see how that stuff in the previews turns out.

Same. I've decided I like Dillon again so I welcome scenes with him anyway and this looks like it is gonna be UCG. Poor RPW, he's in for it having to do that type of scene with MS.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

The only thing about Griffin that is irksome for me is that he seems kind of religious. Just some of the things he's said.....I can't really nail it down at this point but it makes me uncomfortable. 

He seems like he's a priest or something of that variety to me. It doesn't make me uncomfortable (and believe me, overly religious people really do), I just wish they would come out with it already. Them tiptoeing around his backstory and Finn's is not interesting or effective. SPILL IT, SHOW.

• Love 3

Here's the thing: Kristina was worried that Sonny wouldn't accept the fact that she may be gay. Sam tells her the story of Stone contracting AIDS, then passing it on to Robin, and how noble Sonny was to take care of them because AIDS was so stigmatizing back then. She missed the point, though, because neither Stone nor Robin were gay, and Krissy is nervous about her father's feelings about her sexual orientation. 

• Love 7
Is Julian's hair for real? They want it to look that way?

I haven't posted in forever and THIS is the best I could muster.

I was really afraid Julian was going to hire Scotty to rep Carlos and then I'd have to see a scene of dueling Furby heads. Even though he is a giant ass Julian is a fine looking ass and that hair just boggles the mind. How can WDV stand seeing his hair look that bad.

• Love 5

Here's the thing: Kristina was worried that Sonny wouldn't accept the fact that she may be gay. Sam tells her the story of Stone contracting AIDS, then passing it on to Robin, and how noble Sonny was to take care of them because AIDS was so stigmatizing back then. She missed the point, though, because neither Stone nor Robin were gay, and Krissy is nervous about her father's feelings about her sexual orientation. 

To your point, wouldn't pointing out that Sonny has never had a problem with Lucas (who?) been a better example? 

You remember Lucas, right Sam?  Your brother?  Bueller?

• Love 6

What's the deal with William DeVry's hair? It never looks the same. One day it's short and the next day it's look. Now, with the on locatation shooting it's really out of wack. I've seen his twitter feed and he has a close cropped haircut that looks fine. I don't understand why he has Barbie hair where it changes everyday. It's very odd. The guy is built like a brick house so everything else is fine. LOL!!!

I'm starting to think he's wearing hairpieces. Does he ever show the back of his head no twitter?

I don't think I recall seeing the back of his head. That said, I wasn't looking for it either. He's really into saving/rescuing dogs and shows alot of pictures of that. He used to show a lot of pictures of him working out sans shirt. The dude is impressive in that department. He's very into his craft. LOL!!!

Sonny's use of religion is much more offensive to me than Griffin's.

I really like how Carlos handled Sonny's use of religion. It seemed to call out the hypocrisy of Sonny's Kill, Bang, Pray philosophy. Never since AJ on the pier has a character been allowed to call out Sonny. Which means he will die soon.

• Love 4

I really like how Carlos handled Sonny's use of religion. It seemed to call out the hypocrisy of Sonny's Kill, Bang, Pray philosophy. Never since AJ on the pier has a character been allowed to call out Sonny. Which means he will die soon.

Carlos will just pop back up again.

• Love 1
What's the deal with William DeVry's hair? It never looks the same.

It might be because of the block taping. 

He's the latest bad guy who will never die. Not that I'm complaining, because I love JVP and his telenovela-style of acting. And I think he gets used just enough; plus, he's still bad. He's not been whitewashed the way Obrecht has.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I'm not sad about that. I kinda almost want a trial because I feel cheated that there was no AJ murder trial and because it'd be great to see JVP all telenovela in a trial setting, well and I always loved the OLTL trials. But I'm so over Duke.

ETA: Oh also, seriously what is up with the park scenes? Like the show is 100% getting canceled soon, right?

I know! So weird. They went from the characters never being outdoors (except for that one sad little dock where all the killings happen) to filming all kinds of scenes in the bright sunshine for DAYS now. What's up with that?!

Edited by HeresTo2016

I hope this is allowed to change. How long will TIIC be in denial that having everyone kissing Sonny's ass won't boost the ratings?

• Love 3

I hope this is allowed to change. How long will TIIC be in denial that having everyone kissing Sonny's ass won't boost the ratings?

It's going on year 18 soooo probably a while. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Just like her brother Morgan. Oh, actually he's also good in bed, so I guess he one ups Krissy.

I liked a lot about the Sam/Kristina talk - like people have mentioned, the realness of it (I liked that little bit about Sam saying she needed layers in her hair), the vibe between KeMo and Lexi, the history between them, etc. I could have done without any mention of Sonny whatsoever. He just ruins everything.

The realness of it? What sister sit around in the park talking about each other's sex lives? Kristina has known Jason since she was a little kid. It was gross when she asked how  the sex was with him.  The David girls need some actual friends because these conversations are ones you have with you're best friends.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

So now Paul's in love with Anna?  Uh, okay?  I mean, Richard Burgi is a better actor than either of the Sloanes, but this template is disturbingly the same.  Just like Sloane, Paul has spent months blackmailing her and manipulating her and basically giving Anna grief, but it's okay because he's into her?  Groddy.

The script writer who snuck in that mention of Jax is probably getting his or her fingers chopped off right now.  And of course, why see Lucas when we can have yet another scene between Carly and Dr. Michael Easton.

• Love 4

I think I'll have to give up on my dream of Hamtaro/Liesl hatesex; this was the second episode where she's said "over my dead body."  Subtle, this show is usually not.

Nina getting sloshed on Martinizilla indirectly led to that second Kiki/Dillon meeting, and...I don't know, y'all.  I know he's a saner choice than Morgan, and Nina's not as much of a stone mess as Carly is, but right now I just can't get behind this potential Triangle of Doom.

Flip side, there was Anna and her continuing to be out of fucks over Paul and then Paul declared he was in love with her and what the fuck was that?  The funny thing is that, even taking everything he's done into consideration, it's entirely possible that he was telling the truth.  And Richard Burgi sold it, too.  He looked like he was having some actual fun today, if in a quietly silly way; that nicely counterbalanced everything with Mayor McCheese (and while I don't think they needed to recast Janice Lomax, I'm coming to see that Shari Belafonte actually has a nice melodramatic bent in the role that kind of suits the bitch that Lomax is) and Jordan.  That kind of saved the episode, especially since they brought in Joss and then only teased a blood test and a mention of her mystery kidney...

• Love 2

I was not paying attention to St. Sonny versus Julian the evilest mobster ever, and now I have to ask: why exactly does Sonny want Carlos alive? 

Paul smirking at Anna after his declaration of love made me fall for him. He's as grody as everyone else on this show, so what the heck. *Kanye shrug* ( I love Carlos more though)

• Love 1

It's going on year 18 soooo probably a while.

I would have thought that the positive response to balancing out the show when RC initially arrived, along with the return of AJ and the good ratings when the vets returned, would have given them a clue that deifying Sonny isn't the answer.

Then again, common sense may be too much for them to handle. Why save the show when you can bury it into the ground?

• Love 4

The only Joss I want to see is the teen version who shows up just in time for Mama to sleep with her boyfriend.  And not by accident like the bullshit B&B tried with Brooke.

If she's not going to be EXACTLY like Carly, then the child is pointless.

• Love 5

The realness of it? What sister sit around in the park talking about each other's sex lives? Kristina has known Jason since she was a little kid. It was gross when she asked how  the sex was with him.  The David girls need some actual friends because these conversations are ones you have with you're best friends.

I don't have any sisters, so I can't answer that from a personal experience, but I'm sure there are many sisters who discuss that kind of thing. Some people just have no boundaries. Sam reacted by saying "Ew", but I didn't believe that it was unrealistic at all. Both Kristina and Molly have always been very gung ho about Jason and Sam as a couple. Molly's reacted much more than this. I don't think that sisters don't talk about sex lives at all in general, though. I know plenty of people who have no qualms about talking about their sex lives with anyone. Hell, my MOTHER has talked to me about her sex life. So it's certainly not unheard of. Maybe uncomfortable, but very realistic. 

So now Paul's in love with Anna?  Uh, okay?

Ugh, guess that spoiler was correct. Echo everything you said. Just gross.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5

The realness of it? What sister sit around in the park talking about each other's sex lives? Kristina has known Jason since she was a little kid. It was gross when she asked how the sex was with him. The David girls need some actual friends because these conversations are ones you have with you're best friends.

Kristina,Molly and Sam for years now - in Kelly's, at the hospital, on the docks and in their respective homes

• Love 6

See, this is the problem when you act over-the-top all the time, your character doesn't seem drunk when she's supposed to be drunk.

Julian: What the hell was that Sonny?

Sonny: Ifdkskljf miss dskl

I could not hear a word Maurice said there. LOL about them keeping Sonny from stabbing Julian's hand. Sure, he's shot two men in the chest and one died from it, but that's what'll make Sonny beyond the pale. Hand-stabbing.

Why was Anna "why do you care what happens to me Paul? Why? Why?" Cause he'll go down with her, maybe?

If all these dead Doctor O. anvils go nowhere I'm gonna be annoyed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

So now Paul's in love with Anna?  Uh, okay?

I think he was just messing with her.  RiBu has this little smirk on his face towards the end that made me think of the kid in kindergarten who pulls your pigtails because he "loves you".  I think he FH play well together and I know Paul is supposed to be gross and all, but I'll pick him instead of Sonny every day and eleventy eleven times on Sunday.  

So, Sonny grabbed Julian off the street to warn him not to kill Carlos.....why?  Because he wants to kill Carlos?  Because he wants to abide by Griffin's wishes not to kill Carlos?  Because he wants Carlos to sit in jail for killing Duke?  

Alexis thinks she's going to get Carlos acquited of killing Duke when he admitted to killing Duke to both Anna and Paul?  Yeah, good luck with that.  

Am I crazy or are Dillon and Kiki actually kind of cute together.  

Dr O;  "Over my dead body"  Is that a challenge?  Are we about to get a murdered Liesl who dunnit?  Because that story should have played out, like two years ago.  Now, she's sort of defanged and the only one with even a slight motive would be Finn and why would he bother?

• Love 6

I think that big ole syringe is sticking out of her neck when they find Liesl. Or something else that frames Finn, and if so, I vote either the killer used a weapon of opportunity, or it's a deliberate frame. I actually think Monica will be a suspect, too. She would have the motive of wanting the COS job. Finn would have the motive of Dr O has fired him, so he doesn't have a job. I'm hoping it's Nina or Nathan, actually. Maybe one of them and the other one covers. Get rid of the whole family in one big swoop.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

I think that big ole syringe is sticking out of her neck when they find Liesl. Or something else that frames Finn, and if so, I vote either the killer used a weapon of opportunity, or it's a deliberate frame. I actually think Monica will be a suspect, too. She would have the motive of wanting the COS job. Finn would have the motive of Dr O has fired him, so he doesn't have a job. I'm hoping it's Nina or Nathan, actually. Maybe one of them and the other one covers. Get rid of the whole family in one big swoop.

Great observation.

Is it wrong that I'm totally hoping that the lizard does it? Roxie the Avenger.

• Love 7

but that's what'll make Sonny beyond the pale. Hand-stabbing.

My favourite was when he slammed down the ball thing he had in his hand and it didn't really make a noise or anything.  Just sort of plopped.  

• Love 1