Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Because I'm still doing double duty...sort of...

I don't think the current "Luke" is Bill Eckert (as has been floated around), because I don't recall Bill being this way. That said, and I hate to defend Luke, who I've had no use for since, a long, long time, BUT...

Yes, Luke raped Laura. But it wasn't as if he were stalking her, was a predator, attacked her in a dark alley, to get his jollies and exert power over her. This was supposed to be Anthony Geary's exit storyline, and I think he was supposed to be killed off.

I recall Luke telling Laura to go. To leave. To get out of there. But she wouldn't. She wouldn't leave him or the Disco. And I'm NOT blaming Laura for what happened next. Luke did rape her then. Without a doubt.

Then, then, I remember hearing about the chemistry being so wonderful between Anthony and Genie (and it was, I saw it myself), Monty decided to keep Luke, and then twisted and distorted what had happened to "seduction", which was gross. Further gross was Laura referring it to "the first time we made love" even though Luke was  still calling it rape.

Reading about Ned "bringing it up" and it being "about time" is moot, since it was already brought up--back when Liz was raped, and Luke and Laura had it out and Laura demanded how could Luke call her his angel and then RAPE her? It was raw, emotional. And it would have been a great way for Liz and Laura to further connect, but noooo, they had to make Liz's rape, all about Luke and Lucky.  It was never called seduction, except in the press/soap mags, in order to keep Luke and have them be a couple. So, Ned saying "that's what they called it then" is just...well, bullshit.

Just proves that that douchecanoeratbastardprickofafuckwit known as Ron Carlivati, couldn't bother to watch the old clips to write scenes that would make sense and be true to the history.

As for Jake, again, Luke didn't intentionally run down his grandson. It was an accident. And him saying that it "liberated" him, was his way of turning everyone against him, because I do believe he felt guilty and hating on himself, not to mention feeling sorry for his own sorry ass.

So no, I don't believe this is really Luke, because for all his hamming it up and what not, he's never called a woman a bitch to her face, behind her back, except for Helena, I think. He's always been irreverent, but not crude, cold and gross.

I saw shades of the Luke I liked back in November, during the Espionage arc, with him, Robert and Anna working together against Faison and Jerry. But then he was gone lickity split, right after Robert left the building.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

What GHScorpiosRule said !!

I am of the mind that FakeLuke is Damien Smith it fits more with the Sonny Hate. Bill had no reason to hate Sonny, nor was he ever a mobster or drug dealer and his taste in art was much better then the crap is he buying Tracy.

Smith meets all the needed points the only thing I cannot figure is what is going to be his excuse for keeping realLuke alive and the Ned hate since they went to school together. (His being with Tracy is Okay since he is "acting" older to pass as Luke)

I think Ron knows GH history. The problem is a) he doesn't care and b) when he does care he (or the dialogue writers) just does not have a good grasp of the characters. And I don't know if it's something that can be fixed by forcing them to watch old GH scenes on a loop. I've seen some people watch a show once and then write a fanfic and have a wonderful grasp of the characters that fast. And vice verse. I suspect Ron is the latter. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

SonAvaBitch.....I'm still getting myself up off the floor. Too perfect.  Major props to whomever came up with that.  I love Ava but for RC to couple her with that grease-slick of a man (and I use that term loosely) is beyond my tolerance level.

Haven't watched yesterday and today yet but I have my barware at the ready. 

• Love 5

SonAvaBitch just had to fuck on the Q crypt instead of just fucking with them. What the hell? Perhaps I should give the writers props for being symbolic.

Damn, you are probably right. This was Ron's way of saying he doesn't give a damn about AJ or the Q's.

I'm trying to fortify myself for the SonAvaBitch crypt sex. I'm going to watch in order to add more fuel to the fire of my Sonny hate.

I feel like in the future we will be saying stuff like, "well it's not as bad a crypt sex" or "OhioSongBird, your post was so good I want to have crypt sex with it". You just can't make this shit up.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

I think that Levi is the guy that Fluke hired to run the Drake car off the road. I think that he is using that fake Zen personality to hide his true profession. After all, who would expect the guy who is all about peace and love to be a enforcer.

We all know that Sonny has no problem fucking around death. Didn't he have sex with Brenda near a dead body.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 1

What kind of filthy gutter trash has sex on a crypt. What kind of deviants have sex on the crypt of the man they're responsible for being in said crypt. Sonny and Ava are some nasty raggedy ass bitches. And Ava can shut the fuck up with all her bullshit about feeling guilty. At least she is self aware enough to know she's pathetic.

• Love 10

I had a lot to say about this episode, but watching those two fools eat each others faces in the crypt pretty much wiped my memory.  I've got nothing more to say.  Except - Gross. 

• Love 2

I just watched the crypt sex lead up scenes & have no words for that vile shit. For now.

Sonny truly never thinks of Morgan or his feelings.

As a healthcare worker, I'm going to have a hard time believing that a baby born at 25 weeks survives being born in the woods without surfactant and a vent.

Man, after watching MB and MW today I don't think I'll have an appetite for ham anytime soon.  The whole thing is disgusting to begin with, but then to watch the two of them and their ANGST over having less depth than gum squashed on the bottom of a shoe really needed to be paired with a laugh track.  A HORRIFIED laugh, but a laugh nonetheless.  Watching the spittle coming off of MW, while MB vainly searched for words, it was watching outtakes from Tales From the Crypt.

I can't say that Sonny crossed a line, because after shooting your own kid in the chest, that's tough to do.  But pressing flesh against the wall of a crypt, well, that's GOLD for a Corninthos. 

Poor Carly, missing all the fun.  You'd think that Franco would have already done something like this.

BTW, all your comments are so good!  And can't you imagine that Ron C. thinks this is his emmy reel.

• Love 3

I am not normally a cursing type person but I am not apologizing for my overuse of the word fuck. Seeing what  SonAvaBitch fucking on AJ's crypt will never be unseen. There are so many terms for sex but banging, riding his prick and even bumping uglies and rutting like farm animals seems to be too tame to use in this case. This may be the one time that fucking is the right term.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 2

As a healthcare worker, I'm going to have a hard time believing that a baby born at 25 weeks survives being born in the woods without surfactant and a vent.

Well, you're forgetting that Redemption Arc Britt is there to save the day.  Obviously, the baby will be touch-n-go for a bit, giving Patrick and Sabrina a chance to sit bedside and to bond and to fall in true love forever.  And then the baby will get better and everyone will be happy, and they will have Britt to thank for it all.  (I say that bitterly, and I'm a person who almost likes Britt.) But still, it's all so predictable. And not even interesting. I can deal with predictable in my soaps, but it requires an investment in the characters, and I just don't have it with these fools. 

But it seems they're setting Britt up to be the one that caused the accident? Or did I get that confused?  The look Nathan/James and Anna gave each other seemed to me like they were setting up a "Britt done it" story line.  Which, well, No.  Just, No. 

• Love 1

OK....either my DVR rebelled or tried to save me from this shite, Wednesday's ep didn't record.  Who ran the Drakes off the road?

And of course...Britt just "happened" to come upon the accident scene .  How conveeeenient *rme*

Haven't gotten thru the Thursday show so I haven't seen the crypt sex yet.

Will have my barf bowl on hand from what y'all have posted.

Ugh Crypt sex with SonAvabitch(Love that name btw!)or Sobby birth not sure I want to even stomach that shit yet.

I swear RC and Co are just doing this crap so people will talk.  "Who cares if its watchable, people are going to talk about this"! Its just a guess but I bet I'm not far off.

I am waiting with bated breath for Morgan to start shouting betraaayal at Dad and whore, slut at Ava. I hope that he is near barware at the time.

I want him to be like, "you guys are sick! siiiiick! No! I'm gonna kill myself! I'm blind!" Maybe run in a circle, accidentally thunk into the Mausoleum wall, meanwhile Jonathan Jackson makes a cameo as Lucky with his reddest eyes and pale vampire face look that he had during the Niz reveal, and shouts HE FOUND YOU RUTTING LIKE FARM ANIMALS MAN.

• Love 5

I swear RC and Co are just doing this crap so people will talk.  "Who cares if its watchable, people are going to talk about this"! Its just a guess but I bet I'm not far off.

I tried to say something like this, and you did a better job.

I am not normally a cursing type person but I am not apologizing for my overuse of the word fuck. Seeing what  SonAvaBitch fucking on AJ's crypt will never be unseen. There are so many terms for sex but banging, riding his prick and even bumping uglies and rutting like farm animals seems to be too tame to use in this case. This may be the one time that fucking is the right term.

Porking works for pigs like SonAvaB.

Between SonAvaBitch and SqueakySabrina birthing her 25 weeker in the woods (maybe there's Emma's tree handy), it seems like they don't want me to watch. So turned off I am.

• Love 2

A long time ago I was an MP. We had specially trained MPs called Traffic Accident Investigatiors, as do most departments. Ron couldn't hire two extras for the day with reflective vests, cameras, and tape measures?

Ron is going to try to hang Britt with causing an accident by swerving into Sobby's lane?

(Scruffy cop) "So, did you do it?"

(Britt) "Nope"

No impressions or photos of Britt's tires, no measurements

(SC) "K, Bye"

Britt heads off to change or scruff her tires

Now with Anna's anti Britt kick, how much better would it be to have tire scuffs into Patprick's lane 50 feet ahead of the off-road, with the scuffs the same width as her tires and the same wheelbase? Nope, 10 minutes on wiki for a good way to cast shade on Britt is well past Ron's abilities.

I swear RC and Co are just doing this crap so people will talk.  "Who cares if its watchable, people are going to talk about this"! Its just a guess but I bet I'm not far off.

The scene was loathsome, for a fact, however that being said, I think they are just trying to make daytime tv like cable and nighttime. I've seen worse on those venues. It wasn't well directed, and looked sloppy. This show has jumped the shark a long time ago, but yet I still watch because I always have.

Sonny getting a "cryptjob" was right up there with that super shitty threesome on the Dallas mid-season finale.

I enjoyed MW's expression when Sonny blurted out (angrily) that yes he and Ava did have sex. That was some unintentional comedy gold right there. (As was Dr. Patrick  squeezing a pre-term, 25 weeks is it?, to his chest like that! Guess that's why he's a surgeon and not an OB-GYN.) 

Can't wait for Carrrrrlos to go all scorched earth on Ava! 

• Love 3

I know this show is called General Hospital & medical things should be shown however I want there to be a cease & desist order on anything medical until this regime learns how to due research. I know people want to see medical things but can you image these asshats writing Maxie illness & receiving BJs heart or Robin's HIV storyline? I don't because they can't write anything that requires details.

That being said, Patrick an MD carrying a 25 week preemie around wrapped in a towel & clutched to his chest is rediculous. What happened to the EMTs? Where was the O2 or bagging with a mask? Where was the urgency to get the preemie to the NICU?

In real life, I'd have concern & prayers for the preemie. Since this is a soap, that baby needs to be a tock & forgotten. I don't care about Sabrina's pain either.

Felix & Ron can go somewhere & have several seats. Felix was never that into Brad. They only had 1 damn kiss & I'm suppose to now believe he's hurting so much from losing Brad. Ron needs to learn how to write the beats 7 maybe some of this shit would be believeable.

I was less disgusted with the Blood Eagle performed on the History channels Vikings that SonAvaBitch crypt sex. Cryptjob. How do you explain cryptjob? How do you bleach cryptjob from your brain?

BC/Morgan's angry mode doesn't bother me.

Why does Sonny even think Morgan will keep this secret for him? Of course this will somehow be all about Sonny's pain. Olivia will forgive hime because Sonny is a good man & he never would have slept with Ava, if he weren't eaten up with guilt about what he did to Micheal

• Love 2

Question... Carly knows Sonny actually shot AJ. What was the big deal of discovering Ava asking Carlos to shoot AJ? It doesn't change the fact that Sonny is a lose cannon & shot a man in cold blood.

I feel Ron is trying to have it both ways. I'm not buying it.

I dont know who fauxLuke is, but he's a hell of a lot better playing HIMSELF now because I have seen him interviewed through the years, and he"S about as condescending as his character is now. In fact when Gloria Monty was in charge, he was her favorite, and could do no wrong. Now he(in my opinion) hasn't aged well at all and just looks like a bitter old ass pervert!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 2

I agree that Luke could simply be Lucas Lorenzo Spencer. I also agree that TG is an ass & hasn't aged well AT ALL.

However if it were Papa Z wouldn't that mean Johnny would be freed from jail since Cole-and-Hope no longer exist?

• Love 2

I dont know who fauxLuke is, but he's a hell of a lot better playing HIMSELF now because I have seen him interviewed through the years, and he"S about as condescending as his character is now. In fact when Gloria Monty was in charge, he was her favorite, and could do no wrong. Now he(in my opinion) hasn't aged well at all and just looks like a bitter old ass pervert!

YES to your post.  Oh, yes.

AG was always skeezy IMO, and all I ever saw years ago was a dirty-old-man-in-waiting.  Now he's really there and it fits him like a glove.  I think of all the wonderful actors over the years who have given their all to this show and then we see the Show stiffing or dismissing many of those, but still trying after all these years to push this guy as some sort of a lead. 

And I'm putting MB in that category too.  He may not be the sleaze his character is, but he's just as bad an actor and just as sloppy at it as AG is.  

Ridiculous.

• Love 2

Crypt sex? Just in case someone hasn't watched a different show yet

I wonder if he knows someone who works at GoT?

I quit this show the first time when they decided the were the Sopranos.

This is a writer who just wants to be talked about.  A bad sign.