Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

A small thing, but I don't think a woman can be 'cuckolded.' I believe it's a term for when a man is being cheated on. At least, that's what all the historical romances I've read and period pieces I've watched have told me.

Morgan is just a plot point, like everyone and everything else on this dreck of a show. I recall how everyone was excited when he yelled "BETRAAAAAAAYAL!" to Sonny after Sonny revealed that he, Morgan knew Lauren wasn't a Quartermaine. How long did that last?  So I don't expect his anger toward Sonny, for the moobster having fucked Ava, to last very long either.

Why? Because Ron is a hack; a douchecanoeratbastardprickofafuckwit and refuses to let me have nice things.

• Love 6

I know MW won an Emmy for her role of Carly (ironic name considering her current would-be disgusting pairing!) on ATWT a few years ago.

Was the character anything like Ava? MW is very subtle with her acting. It's the little things she does.....the little half smile when she's planning to eviscerate someone. The way her voice goes all soft and sugary when she's in full manipulation mode.

Gh's Queen Bee better watch out: there's a new sheriff in town. & she ain't bullshitting.

• Love 3

Maura West won 2 daytime Emmys and Muchael Park who played her love interest Jack won one. They really did flesh out those characters and played off each other well. I enjoy watching MW's Ava even though she is bad to the bone, I just wish she had a strong lead to play against. I'd like to see Ava and Anna in some scenes.

I don't know if she'll be killed off. There seems to be investment in her character by TPTB. Carly is the Queen Bee that is seeming more distanced from the center of things. All she has is Cranko that has the appeal of a lead balloon and it's not like she can take him anywhere since he's assaulted or kidnapped many of her friends and family.

• Love 3

I get the feeling that Ava is being positioned as the new Carly.  Especially as she and Sonny have been shoved together essentially the same way he was originally shoved together with Carly.  Morgan is taking the wronged Jason role.

Every soap needs a good bitch - albeit one who suffers from her bad behavior on a regular basis, but never learns.  Carly jumped the shark on that a long time ago.  Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Ava, if they are going down that road.  Frankly, this soap could use some freshening in that department.   Marginalizing Carly with an increasingly indifferent RH removes her effectively as the shows center.  Now the same thing needs to be done with Sonny.  Both Sonny and Carly are beyond stale at this point.

• Love 4

I get the feeling that Ava is being positioned as the new Carly.  Especially as she and Sonny have been shoved together essentially the same way he was originally shoved together with Carly.  Morgan is taking the wronged Jason role.

Every soap needs a good bitch - albeit one who suffers from her bad behavior on a regular basis, but never learns.  Carly jumped the shark on that a long time ago.  Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Ava, if they are going down that road.  Frankly, this soap could use some freshening in that department.   Marginalizing Carly with an increasingly indifferent RH removes her effectively as the shows center.  Now the same thing needs to be done with Sonny.  Both Sonny and Carly are beyond stale at this point.

I agree with you about how much Carly has been marginalized/been put into a bubble with Franco, though I am not laying down any money as to how long Ava stays around herself.

I get the feeling that Ava is being positioned as the new Carly. Especially as she and Sonny have been shoved together essentially the same way he was originally shoved together with Carly. Morgan is taking the wronged Jason role.

Every soap needs a good bitch - albeit one who suffers from her bad behavior on a regular basis, but never learns. Carly jumped the shark on that a long time ago. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Ava, if they are going down that road. Frankly, this soap could use some freshening in that department. Marginalizing Carly with an increasingly indifferent RH removes her effectively as the shows center. Now the same thing needs to be done with Sonny. Both Sonny and Carly are beyond stale at this point.

Imo? Ava/Maura already has the title GH Queen. She is in virtually every sl...either directly or tangentially. Mob war btween Sonny,Julian.Silas, Sam and Nina's murder. Patrick,Sabrina, Carlos and the baby. Triangle with Sonny, Olivia. Aj murder and cover up. Connie's murder. Affair with Morgan.

Hell...all she's missing is Liz,Ric and Nik and MW would damn near sweep the board. And it was done so smooth, so slick....just like Ava would do it. I would even go so far as to say RC writes better for MW than anybody else on canvas.

And LW/Carly? Stuck in Franco hell. With little side dips into Sonny's cover up. Carly's not mothering anything nowadays...she thinks about her children when she bumps into them. Otherwise? She really doesn't have a sl. She supports Franco. She covers for Sonny and...what else? She is now the third lead after MW & BH.

• Love 2

he is in virtually every sl...either directly or tangentially.

I don't care how good MW supposedly is, there's no reason why she needs to be in every story while people who've been here for years barely get one story.

• Love 5
He didn't even take an interest in the baby until like two weeks ago. He can be in love with Robin all he wants but that doesn't mean he should get a free pass to abandoned his child and its mother. I feel like anyone else in Patrick's position would get shit on for behaving like this but somehow he gets a pass because everyone hates Sabrina.

It's the conventional wisdom that the Purina pairing threw the character of Robin under a bus, but really, it's Patrick who really looks horrible here.  Sabrina and Robin just come of as being the typical GH females here - i.e., braindead zombies who Stand By Their Man even when the man in question is a complete douchey loser.  Patrick is being shown to be a user and a narcissist who lies as easily as he breathes - one second he's telling Sabrina how he cares about her and wants to have a family with her, the next he's all "that baby", and currently he's pretending to give two shits about his son.  I fully expect that by the end of sweeps he'll be proclaiming his "undying love" to Sabrina and be all "Robin who?", despite the fact he told Robin he loved her and would wait for her.  It's Patrick Drake.  It's what he does.

Every soap needs a good bitch - albeit one who suffers from her bad behavior on a regular basis, but never learns.  Carly jumped the shark on that a long time ago.  Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Ava, if they are going down that road.  Frankly, this soap could use some freshening in that department.   Marginalizing Carly with an increasingly indifferent RH removes her effectively as the shows center.  Now the same thing needs to be done with Sonny.

And lookey here, there's Julian Jerome, all dressed up and ready to go!

You know, if the TIIC of GH had any brain cells to speak of, and were serious about boosting ratings, they'd write story and promote this sweeps period as "The Downfall of Sonny Corinthos" - "He's ruled Port Charles for twenty years.  But now... Sonny Corinthos is GOING DOWN!"  It would not only bring disaffected fans back into the fold, but it might get curious viewers to tune in to see a story that really will Change Everything.  But apparently the lesson of that smart ratings bump the show took when they offed Jason Morgan was lost on them.

• Love 5

Quick question for anybody that knows about set decoration and the associated cost: Couldn't they save a ton of money if they brought back the brownstone? Couldn't they just use the one set & change the furniture or a wall orientation?

Because this is getting ridiculous. Lante's in that sad little room with a baby. Maxie letting perfect strangers sublet/crash in her apartment. Felix tripling up with his sister, Britt and Sabrina. And almost everybody else living at the MC.

At this rate? In five years everybody will be living at the Q mansion.

Edited by BetteBoo

They could just repurpose most of Sonny's sets. He has way too many, living room, bedroom, foyer, offices in his warehouse, restaurant and metrocourt and the boxing ring. He doesn't need seven while Scotty, Anna and others languish at the Metrocourt.

They could just repurpose most of Sonny's sets. He has way too many, living room, bedroom, foyer, offices in his warehouse, restaurant and metrocourt and the boxing ring. He doesn't need seven while Scotty, Anna and others languish at the Metrocourt.

I guess....the ones that have a "home", Carly, Ava, Sam, Sonny, Liz, Nik, Patrick..can be somewhat assured of having at least a semi longterm sl. The rest? In the twilight zone. Do Mac, Felicia, Dr O, Duke or Kiki even rate the MC? They just seem to wander from Kelly's to GH to the PCPD to the docks.

& I'm not sure but I think Britt {a Dr, mind you} is basically homeless...

Edited by BetteBoo

The thing is when have we last seen Snarly in the house of Lemon pledge. Sam seems to have left he penthouse a while ago in favor of Silas's dump.

I would like to see Dante and Lante buy and run the brownstone because at this point they are the only stable couple in PC. They could rent out rooms to Anna, Duke, Britt, Morgan and Mac and Flea. Kiki is still crashing at Silas's place along with Rafe.

I have hated Sonny ever since he used and abused Karen Wexler, so I think that the only reason I am hanging in on this dumb show is that I am waiting for Sonny to get his just desserts.

• Love 4

Scary Luke is so....not.  With his flowing bangs, his pouty, red lips, that pre-hip replacement swagger, he's more like a reject from a day walk on part for the Golden Girls than a friend of Tony Soprano's.  The guy oozes.  Just oozes.  FAIL.  And Show trying to tell us that Julian would be afraid of, or kowtow to, this unpleasant mentally pimpled emotional prepubescent is even more ridiculous.

• Love 8

At this rate? In five years everybody will be living at the Q mansion.

Given the dearth of Q's on canvas*, TPTB might just well write in a plot point where Monica puts the mansion up for sale and moves to the local retirement community, and a savvy real estate developer snatches it up and turns it into an apartment building.  Then they can have everybody in town who needs digs move in there.

* - GRRRRRRRRRRR.......  >:(

• Love 1
(edited)

Given the dearth of Q's on canvas*, TPTB might just well write in a plot point where Monica puts the mansion up for sale and moves to the local retirement community, and a savvy real estate developer snatches it up and turns it into an apartment building. Then they can have everybody in town who needs digs move in there.

* - GRRRRRRRRRRR....... >:(

Shudder....I can see that happening. Millionaires and nurses, cops and villains all living at the Q estate: The boat house, the carriage house, the gate house, the cottage, the pool house.. Edited by BetteBoo

Shudder....I can see that happening. Millionaires and nurses, cops and villains all living at the Q estate: The boat house, the carriage house, the gate house, the cottage, the pool house..

Actually, what ReRon should do is set the Q mansion up like Myrtle's from AMC. Monica could take in wayward newbies, especially medical interns and residents. Would be more interesting than Sonny's warehouse of doom.

Four soap operas left and GH does not get a nomination for Best Show, Best Writing, Best Direction!!!! OLTL, a cancelled show AND RC's old show, gets one however for its online version!

I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning (said in my best Dr. O. German accent).

• Love 8

Four soap operas left and GH does not get a nomination for Best Show, Best Writing, Best Direction!!!! OLTL, a cancelled show AND RC's old show, gets one however for its online version!

I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning (said in my best Dr. O. German accent).

Well said!  And it couldn't happen to a better hack.  I wonder if that little smack in his smug face stopped him from laughing at his own jokes for at least a little while.

Props to all you brilliant posters.  I'm as disgusted as y'all with the Cryptsex....just ewwww.  I would say "What the hell is Cartini thinking that that is a good thing?"  but then I go "Oh yeah....this is Cartini I'm talkin' 'bout".

Help me but I still loooove MW.  She gives it her all no matter what the shite they write for Ava.  I've done a little acting in the past but I couldn't go there with MB.  But damn....he's comedy gold.  I watch to see where he pauses to find his cue cards.  Heee...

If Julexis is now a couple how come we haven't seen the 'coupling??'

• Love 1

Are you fuckin' kidding me?  Nina is alive? *RME* (caps because we all knew that was acomin').

I know the name but what show was she on before?  LA Law?  I know she's a pretty blonde.

Hep me.....

Will watch when I get home (gotta love the DVR)...but Jasus, why do I still watch this tripe?

*small voice* Ok....I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

I think the show just overdosed on bitches.

There are way too many newbies. I read RC's interview and I think he's fooling himself if he thinks his Lannister Lites can replace Real Qs. Especially for Thanksgiving dinner.

I created a "Nina Clay" topic here so that the discussion in this thread doesn't get derailed. Feel free to express your reaction to the reveal here, but if you want to discuss Nina at length, take it to her individual topic. Thanks!

(edited)

This show already can't fully service the characters it has and the last thing I need is to watch another charismatic actress thrown at the energy suck that is post-millennial Michael Easton.  But I have to give the producers kudos for keeping this one under their hats.  It's a lot of fun to be completely surprised by something (not so much that Nina is alive because duh but the casting).

Although I had to laugh at Ron's assertion that we shouldn't complain about newbies because "Sonny Corinthos was a newbie once, too".  That's your example?  Not Luke or the Quartermaines or any of the Scorpio-Devanes or even Carly who used to be a great character.  Some of us remember when Sonny was a newbie -- a newbie drug dealer/implied rapist/mobster.  Just because he's still here 20 years later doesn't mean he was successfully integrated into the canvas.  He just ate it whole (or shot it in the head - whatever you prefer) after a while.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Love 5

I am still hoping that it was that stupid Levi who ran Patrick's car off the road. I think that it could be iconic if the holy hitman was replaced by a zen hitman.

• Love 1

This show already can't fully service the characters it has and the last thing I need is to watch another charismatic actress thrown at the energy suck that is post-millennial Michael Easton.  But I have to give the producers kudos for keeping this one under their hats.  It's a lot of fun to be completely surprised by something (not so much that Nina is alive because duh but the casting).

Although I had to laugh at Ron's assertion that we shouldn't complain about newbies because "Sonny Corinthos was a newbie once, too".  That's your example?  Not Luke or the Quartermaines or any of the Scorpio-Devanes or even Carly who used to be a great character.  Some of us remember when Sonny was a newbie -- a newbie drug dealer/implied rapist/mobster.  Just because he's still here 20 years later doesn't mean he was successfully integrated into the canvas.  He just ate it whole (or shot it in the head - whatever you prefer) after a while.

I think he was successfully integrated. But then post hate-sex, he started eating the show and then they completely ruined him by making him vile and awful.

I'm going to assume Julian, Sam Danny, and Lucas are bonding off screen.

I am assuming the same thing for Dante and his brothers.

I'm not, lol. Dante has a job and a family. Probably the last thing he wants to do in his spare time is hang out with his whiny brothers, heh.

• Love 1

Try as I might I can't completely diss Sonny. Though he was always a conflicted, morally gray character early Sonny combined that with a sweetness, a little boy lost quality. Especially with Brenda. Sonny was at his best with her. He was not always the monster he is now though I suppose the seed was always there.

And boy was he pretty....

Try as I might I can't completely diss Sonny. Though he was always a conflicted, morally gray character early Sonny combined that with a sweetness, a little boy lost quality. Especially with Brenda. Sonny was at his best with her. He was not always the monster he is now though I suppose the seed was always there.

And boy was he pretty....

When Sonny first came on the show, he forced Karen Wexler into prostitution.  That's not a morally gray character with a sweetness and little boy lost quality.  I detested him from day one.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think the show just overdosed on bitches.

If MW/Ava is on her way out*, it would make sense that the show have another "bitch" character waiting in the wings.  (Although this time, writers, try not to have the bitch character murder one person and cause the murder of another, it kind of makes it hard to realistically keep that person around...)

* - Speculation, not spoiler.

Edited by yowsah1

When Sonny first came on the show, he forced Karen Wexler into prostitution.  That's not a morally gray character with a sweetness and little boy lost quality.  I detested him from day one.

And he told her that she enjoyed being molested. Since that time, I have always hated him, despite the fact that he was kind to Stone when he was dying.

• Love 4
(edited)

And all of that was pre Brenda. Don't forgot..Sonny was like Luke. He was not brought on as a lead and he was initially written as a semi villain.

When S&B took off {& that happenend as soon as they met} that's when they started fleshing Sonny out, giving him an abusive background to explain his past actions and why he was so power hungry.

Edited by BetteBoo