Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Then of course we got even more Franco and the Nina scenes because this day just wasn't unwatchable enough.

I actually thought that the two actors playing off one-another was the best part of the episode.  Both RH and Ava and Julian have been great additions to GH.  It's just too bad that there are way too many cast members before they came aboard and more importantly,  this soap doesn't need any more killers.  As far as Nina (and her two year contract),  I am still holding out hope as I haven't seen her acting before and she does make scenes with Silas a little more bearable to watch.  MS sure rocked that peasant blouse today.  One would figure that having Ava and Nina aboard, Carly might want to watch her figure.  New hairdresser on the set?

Kiki's scenes with both Olivia and Silazzzz equally sucked.  Kiki really suffers when there's not another actress on the set like Sabrina to hide behind.  If we have to endure Kiki, please invent something for her to do - like nursing school or embalming school or something.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

Isn't that what happened?  Sam seems right on target.

She's right on target only because Ron Carlivati is one of the shittiest writers to ever earn a paycheck by writing.  Yes, it's all so very, very con-VEEEN-ient.

Witness:

Then:

Silas:  I didn't drug my wife, despite the police investigation and mountain of evidence against me, including an eye witness who identified me as getting the drug that put her into a coma.

Sam:  I believe you.

Now:

Silas:  I didn't tell Patrick's secret, and aside from the fact that someone did find out, you have only your speculation. Maybe Patrick is the one who told someone else or maybe someone overheard him.

Sam:  I don't believe you.

Okay, then. Character consistency is clearly as boring to Ron as character development is.

• Love 6

I actually thought that the two actors playing off one-another was the best part of the episode.  I think that both RH and Ava and Julian have been great additions to GH.  It's just too bad that there are way too many cast members before they came aboard and more importantly,  this soap doesn't need any more killers.  As far as Nina (and her two year contract),  I am still holding out hope as I haven't seen her acting before and she does make scenes with Silas a little more bearable to watch.  MS sure rocked that peasant blouse today.  One would figure that having Ava and Nina aboard, Carly might want to watch her figure.  New hairdresser on the set?

Kiki's scenes with both Olivia and Silazzzz equally sucked.  Kiki really suffers when there's not another actress on the set like Sabrina to hide behind.  If we have to endure Kiki, please invent something for her to do - like nursing school or embalming school or something.

Kiki doesn't really need to go to embalming school, she could just send the bodies of the dead to Robin.

So, how long was Robin on? Last five seconds? A minute? Was she by herself?

Robin was in the previews for approximately 1.3 seconds with her hair cut short and asking Patrick how he found her.

Then:

Silas:  I didn't drug my wife, despite the police investigation and mountain of evidence against me, including an eye witness who identified me as getting the drug that put her into a coma.

Sam:  I believe you.

Now:

Silas:  I didn't tell Patrick's secret, and aside from the fact that someone did find out, you have only your speculation. Maybe Patrick is the one who told someone else or maybe someone overheard him.

Sam:  I don't believe you.

Those two situations aren't really comparable. Sam wasn't around when Nina went into a coma, but she was at the press conference where someone asked Patrick if he said he wanted Rafe dead. Also, there's been tan underlying current of trouble and distrust between Sam and Silas since Nina arrived in PC.

Hi all!

Newbie here. I cannot stand the Spencer/Cam/Joss/Emma stuff. It is horrible filler.

Welcome.

Sadly, with Ron, I don't think the Kiddie Quad is filler but an actual full blown story. He laid the ground work so we can see even more. Cam & Emma are together but Spencer wants Emma & after today I think Joss wants Cam. Just wait. Spencer & Joss will team up to get the ones they truly love.

The big huge problem with the above instead of teens or adults we have 7-9 year olds. Nothing says love in the afternoon like seeing a Kiddie Quad.

Today's show sucked. I think JT & KeMo are enjoying working together. They both smiled today. At least, I got to see RoHo without LW & half a second of KMc.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

I love Joss so much.

I like Britt, and am typically am annoyed by Liz.  Of course, she is the one who finds Spencer.  I'm not as annoyed as I'd usually be, though, because Britt deserves it for her stupid plan.

Edited by DanaMB

If you were even half the father to Spencer that you should've been, he wouldn't be the obnoxious little shit he is now.

Not necessarily.  Look at who his mother was...

Kiki called Morgan an honorary Q?  No.  Just...no.  Morgan's more often a character I like/enjoy than not, but still...no. 

And shut your trifling ass up, Kiki. Considering the disdain you showed for the Q's when you were one of them (and didn't she and Franco just recently share a "Hoo boy, so glad we're not Q's!" joke?), you aren't an honorary Q yourself or in any position to deem others honorary Q's.

I'm wondering if this isn't leading up to some big reveal/retcon where it turns out that Carly had a night of hate sex with A.J. no one (including the audience) knew about and that Morgan really is a Q.  Aren't we about due for one of RC's patented "out of nowhere" paternity reveals?

I loved Joss going off on Emma simply b/c I could so tell who's been raising Emma due to Joss's spot on assessment of her.(side eyes to you Patrick)

I don't really like Liz nor do I want her with Nik but I do love that she foiled that idot Britt's "plan" by being a normal caring person.

Lauren is unnecessary and her scenes were just worthless.

Still love Olivia and am encouraged that she might move away from Sonny and into a better story with Ned. She dresses so well I love most of her clothes that top today was fab!

Sam and Patrick were just ridiculous to me, Sam is a terrible sneak. And as Silas said it doesn't really matter IF Nina did rat out Patrick, the issue for Silas is Sam's mistrust in him not  what Nina does. And also as Patrick pointed out it doesn't matter who told on him what was told was true. So Nina can walk and is a liar. What is she REALLY doing? She is using some dirty tricks to win back her HUSBAND. To me what Britt is trying to do to Nik is much worse. At least Nina is married to Silas.

Patdick thinks helping Sam foil Nina is more important than his marriage. RME!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2
Isn't that what happened?  Sam seems right on target.

My point is that Sam is basically admitting the Nina played her like a fiddle and she did everything she was hoping for.

Instead of trusting Silas, instead of trying to work on their relationship, she had a sobbing jag and broke up with him. To me it just doesn't make sense that Sam has figured out what the Nina is all about, that she's been plotting to break up her and Silas to get him back but then Sam just rolls over and gives her exactly what she wanted.

To me Ron's writing is so lazy ass about all this it isn't even funny, why wouldn't you keep the man you claim to love close by and then go about exposing his nutty wife? Oh right because then we would have missed out on that amazing scene where Sam caught the Nina slobbering all over Silas.

Someone upthread wrote that the 7-year-olds are being written as adults, and the adults are being written as 7-year-olds. None of it is any good, but age-appropriateness would go a long way.

That was me and after today I think I might have given Ron too much credit about what real age he's writing the adults as. Britt's plan alone seems like something a four year old might come up with,.

I'm wondering if this isn't leading up to some big reveal/retcon where it turns out that Carly had a night of hate sex with A.J. no one (including the audience) knew about and that Morgan really is a Q.  Aren't we about due for one of RC's patented "out of nowhere" paternity reveals?

My brain would explode. I think this whole "honorary Q" bs it's just Ron trying to find some way to keep Morgan in Kiki's life so she and he and Michael can eventually have another go around of "Which brother does it best".

• Love 1

Wow, Joss really is Carly's daughter. Already hating on other girls and defending boys regardless, expecting people to lie for her. Not a fan of Junior Mean Girl.

Lauren Jerome, life coach. LOL. STFU, Lauren.

Hopefully now that Spencer is found, maybe Nik will put him on lockdown and we'll never see him again.

"Am I really that asexual?" Good grief, Nina, way to beg for a compliment. Ew.

• Love 5

Kiki called Morgan an honorary Q?  No.  Just...no.  Morgan's more often a character I like/enjoy than not, but still...no. 

And shut your trifling ass up, Kiki. Considering the disdain you showed for the Q's when you were one of them (and didn't she and Franco just recently share a "Hoo boy, so glad we're not Q's!" joke?), you aren't an honorary Q yourself or in any position to deem others honorary Q's.

Yeah, that's why I don't care about that, it's coming from Kiki. If it was coming from Monica, I'd be giving it a side-eye. 

Why is Robin so shocked Patrick found her? it's in the same state, for goodness' sake.

Why is Robin so shocked Patrick found her? it's in the same state, for goodness' sake.

State? I'd say it's right down the block, they act as if traveling is as simple as twinkling your nose or clicking your heels together three times.

Wow, Joss really is Carly's daughter. Already hating on other girls and defending boys regardless, expecting people to lie for her. Not a fan of Junior Mean Girl.

Isn't she just? To me she's an intolerable little wretch. Why couldn't they have made her more like Jax? A fairly decent human being. It might have been nice to have seen a Joss that actually looked down on Carly for her consistently shitty parenting. 

I really need someone, Putin, Al-Qaeda, Bashir Al-Assas, Hamas, ISIS, anyone really to fire a fucking missile at Lauren Katherine Jerome and blow the bitch to smithereens.   

I really enjoyed Samtrick, but it's all due to Jason & Kelly.  I know Ron will eventually ruin them as he does all things, but I am going to enjoy them until he does.

Lastly, though i continue to worship at the alter of Kimberly McCullough, i hate her haircut.  It looks like she let Spencer and company lose with scissors.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Someone upthread wrote that the 7-year-olds are being written as adults, and the adults are being written as 7-year-olds. None of it is any good, but age-appropriateness would go a long way.

I got nothing to add to this.

BTW another missed opportunity to connect GH to the larger ABC world, a shout out to the Box, from ABC's Black Box could have easily been thrown in during the Samtrick NY trip: They were at one hospital in NY and could have easily been going to tour another one, or at least said that

• Love 1

How sloppy that the show ended with a "Patrick is shocked...what or who has he stumbled on?!?!" cliffhanger only to immediately show Robin in the previews.

Also?  I am going to be extremely disappointed if we don't see a Cassadine frozen Han Solo-style in ice during Robin and Patrick's scenes tomorrow.

• Love 5

Hello all, I got off the barge after an extended stay (weather was comfortable, drinks cold, just flawless) only to get a Courtney mention the other day, and this BS today. So how long have Joss and Emma been fighting? Geeze, how original the children of Robin and Carly fighting. I barely tolerated the originals and only to watch someone actually hate Carly. This is just not okay.

Is Robin really back for a stint, or episode? If so how long will it last. I've heard she might be and that's what brought me back and I ended up missing the last few minutes and the preview for tomorrow.

Edited by Gigi43

I knew they were going pull this honorary Quartermaine shit with Morgan (originally minted by fuckin' Skye, the worst usurper of all) when they forced him into this story, saying "Dominator" every thirty seconds. There is no universe in which Morgan is a Quartermaine.

I was glad they had Spencer talk about Courtney (as I had suggested in June) though it still isn't enough pathos or dimension for that kid. The takeaway is obviously that he longs for a mom and cottoned to Britt - fine. Show more of that original impulse, not just hijinks.

Edited by jsbt

Awww I always had a soft spot for Skye.  I wasn't watching AMC or OLTL when she was on those shows so I guess it didn't bother me when she was brought into the Q's.  And she actually was a blood Q there for a while until the show randomly decided to pair her and Ned for six seconds and so they undid Alan being her father.

• Love 2

I thank God every day they de-Qed her. She never fit for me.

I grew to accept her in a lighter supporting role, like when she turned up a couple years ago. But cutting all her AMC ties was a horrid mistake.

• Love 2
Like most I missed the last 15 but please tell me someone is joking about Silas and Nina going to play strip poker.  Surely you jest., right? 

Apologies for the late reply, but no, it was not a joke.  I don't know which of the present world tragedies interceded to spare most of you from this one, but I assure you it was a thing that happened. 

There were also some casual and nonchalant references to the kissing, to which Silas didn't show any more reaction than he would have to a comment about the weather.  I guess I'm getting old?  Because back in my dating days, when you somehow ended up making out with someone who you weren't interested in but who turned out to be in love with you, an apology and some distance was considered a more appropriate response than smirking and strip poker.

This story is dumb.

• Love 4

I thank God every day they de-Qed her. She never fit for me.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.  I liked Skye's relationship with AJ (and I'm glad the show kept that in play during Sky's brief return for Edward's funeral).  I liked the tension with Monica.  And I liked the romance with Jax, until that was torched but good during Brenda's 2002 return.

• Love 1

Morgan as a Quartermaine > Alice as one though.

No but for real while I'm with you guys that it's ridiculous to call Morgan a Quartermaine, although I don't really feel it on a visceral level because the only Quartermaines that interested me are Tracy and her descendants (including Brook Lynn).

Although I do know how you feel, because of Ethan "not a freaking Spencer I don't a crap what Tony Geary says" Lovett. Ugh. Although that was even worse because I was stuck with that for three years, this "Morgan is a Quartermaine" crap will go back into the closet as soon as Alice has her heart. Along with the rest of the Quartermaines.

@Gigi43, Robin is only back for a couple of episodes.

• Love 3

I've decided Robin's hair is not a good look for her, not at all. It makes her look far older than she is I think.

I wonder if Carly will lock Joss in her room for punishment and she'll end up entertaining herself by acting out Sonny shooting Carly in the head while delivering Morgan with her stuffed animals while muttering about what a bad shot he is and how she, with her bow and arrow, would have made a clean hit.

Cameron is such a non entity, he should be a teen right alongside Molly, he was born before her for christ's sake, that still just...Becky isn't immortal show, she can have a fifteen year old without it being that big a deal. Or they might have really made things slightly interesting and aged Cameron enough to produce a rivalry between he and Morgan, or even Cameron against Michael. As long as Kiki wasn't involved.

Maybe it's me but Tyler as Nik is really falling flat in his scenes, especially when dealing with the kid. It's as if Nik is trying to act like he gives a damn but really he doesn't. A man so frantic and desperate to find his little boy, bitching for days at everyone around him and pointing numerous fingers, whining about what might have happened to him, supposedly worried sick, unable to sleep, and yet the second he sees him he barely blinks.

I never really saw Tyler as playing the fatherly type very well, he was always at his best, if you can call it that, when playing the self absorbed, bratty prince, he can pull off the haughtiness, and the self serving and pompous attitude quite well.

I wonder if Britt will have a full blown tantrum when she finds out Liz managed to steal her thunder and bring Spencer home, it'd match her currently behavior to a T.

This story is dumb.

I feel like this could just be my signature line on this board.

Mine would be: Ron is the devil and I need vodka and a Julian massage, stat.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

I like Morgan with the Quartermaine's for the simple fact that he prefers them over Sonny and Carly.  Someone on this show figured out that hanging out with the rich people is better than hanging out with a mobster and a........Carly.

• Love 3
I like Morgan with the Quartermaine's for the simple fact that he prefers them over Sonny and Carly.  Someone on this show figured out that hanging out with the rich people is better than hanging out with a mobster and a........Carly.

It wont last though, it never does.

Dante got shot by Sonny, and he wasn't even raised by the ass to have a good enough relationship to have forgiven him for that or want to forge ahead with some kind of "bond", and yet he still sees him as "Dad" and will take up for him and protect him. Then you have Michael who was comatose because of him and still adores his Daddy Sonny, so even though Sonny screwed over Morgan twice with both a daughter and mother pair sooner than later Morgan will dive right back into that circle of confuckion dysfunction, probably as soon as Alice is banished back to the closet before the stitches in her chest have even have had a chance to heal.

Apparently being Sonny's kid is a trap only death can release you from permanently.

• Love 1

Morgan is so much better in the Q orbit so I don't mind that he's an honorary Q as long as he's far away from his worthless parents.

Bad haircut or not, glad Robin is back on my screen but the writers will probably crap on her character yet again so I'm bracing for the worst.

Nina continues to not overact around Franco. Weird.

The Britch is screwed. What a waste of a couple with a lot of chemistry to prop the grossness of Niz.

• Love 1

I blame the hair dressers for Robin's hair. On tweeter/instagram Kim's hair loos good. It either wavy or curly. Shd comes her & they make it straight & boring.

I don't considered Morgan a Q but I due like BC/Morgan in their realm. He just fits. His worst ticks come up with MB/Sonny, unless his yelling or snarking at Sonny.

The same thing happened with MW/Ava was stuck in hell with Mo.

I agree that RoHo & MSt aren't over acting or sucking. I like RoHo, so I'm happy to see him act, so I'll tolerates MSt as long as she keeps acting the way she currently in their scenes. She's still smiley though.

I think this show has effected my life far too much, my step-daughter is expecting a girl and they have decided to name her Skye: I've been calling her Blaze both in my head and out loud ever since, the rest of the family just looks at me like I am nuts. (Except of course for my son, who I called Lucky for years)

• Love 2

I think this show has effected my life far too much, my step-daughter is expecting a girl and they have decided to name her Skye: I've been calling her Blaze both in my head and out loud ever since, the rest of the family just looks at me like I am nuts. (Except of course for my son, who I called Lucky for years)

If it makes you feel any better, a commercial (which I felt like I was seeing every 5 seconds) in my area asked/asks if you know what RFS stands for. My response - to the empty room - was yes, Robert Fucking! Scorpio. :) 

• Love 4

@BestestAuntEver

I just checked out her instagram, and you are right, her hair looks great in those pictures.  Jasus only knows what GH's hair department did to make it look so awful.  

It's like with those pictures that @TheGourmez posted, how can someone at GH not see how great everyone looks off the show compared to how they look on the show.  Hair, make-up, clothing, and lighting all need to be fired.

• Love 3

Having AJ bond with Morgan would have been the biggest karmic payback for Sonny & Carly on Earth. Those two were born to be best friends. Two guys who were black sheep, overlooked by their parents in favor of their Golden Boy brothers despite being the bio kids. The fact that these two weren't trading horror stories, and, I don't know, shooting pool with each other or something from day one is absolute horseshit. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 13

Last 15 minutes:

Spencer blackmailed Franco to not go to the police or he will tell Carly about the attempted email hacking.

Sam telling Patrick that she's going to go to the clinic where Nina was to find more answers, then the camera panning on a picture of Jadon.

Britt lying to Nik's face again right before she left a message for Spencer to call her back.

Nina standing up and showing Silas all about her miraculous progress.

Ava telling Julian she is working for his boss now too.

And here I had hoped that President Obama was announcing that, after a successful raid on the Jerome Gallery and with the cooperation of undercover agent Julian Jerome, Michael "Sonny" Corinthos Jr. was captured and held in an undisclosed Federal maximum security darkened hall closet.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 10

Shoot. I can't find the thread where @ulkis said that Robin was back for only two episodes. My reaction is...why bother? To show us onscreen of Robin and Patrick breaking up instead of having it done offscreen?

It continues to boggle the mind why Kimberly keeps coming back to this shitfest.

I liked Skye. She was the only friend they allowed AJ. Even Emily wanted AJ to give Michael to Jason WTF ?Skye was AJ's friend and SHE HATED SONNY !I loved her return. Everyone blames AJ for Jason being brain dead, when you get into a car with someone you know is drunk you have to take some of the blame for what happens to you. No one blames Sonny for Jason becoming a hit man.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 3
It's as if Nik is trying to act like he gives a damn but really he doesn't

If Nik were really so frantic about finding Spencer, he wouldn't be relying on the PCPD. He'd have hired his own detectives and blanketed the town with them. There wasn't one reference to Nik having his own team out there. So stupid.

I don't mind Morgan in the Q orbit, but why does that have to make him an honorary Q? Can't he just be worried about his friend Alice? Morgan has PLENTY of family without being awkwardly shoehorned into another one. What is Ron's obsession with connecting everyone to everyone else?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Those two situations aren't really comparable. Sam wasn't around when Nina went into a coma, but she was at the press conference where someone asked Patrick if he said he wanted Rafe dead. Also, there's been tan underlying current of trouble and distrust between Sam and Silas since Nina arrived in PC.

If anything, I believe the opposite is true in terms of what is more realistic. 

An allegation that a man put his wife into a coma shouldn't be dismissed on mere blind faith.  First, she didn't know Silas all that well when the coma'ed wife was revealed, and in fact it was something he had kept secret. And, yeah, I know Ron attempted to give Silas reasons for doing so, but it still was creepy. Red flags should have been going off in her head. Plus, she was defending actions that took place literally two decades prior. She's really going to vouch for a man she's known a few months as to what he was like or capable of years before. 

It would have been no different if Carly defended Todd Manning as a man who couldn't possibly have led a gang rape back in college because she knew him in his early to mid 40's, if Todd had denied it, and the trial had come out with a different verdict.

Meanwhile, now supposedly she knows Silas better. She already doesn't trust Nina and, let's face it, how many times do people overhear conversations in hospital hallways.  He implores he's telling the truth, and she doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt, or at least doesn't come to a negative conclusion.

It's just Ron leading the fans around by their noses, yet again.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3
If Nik were really so frantic about finding Spencer, he wouldn't be relying on the PCPD. He'd have hired his own detectives and blanketed the town with them. There wasn't one reference to Nik having his own team out there. So stupid.

And, since he's clearly not adverse to "Uncle Sonny" being in Spencer's life, he could have given him a heads up that Spencer was missing and asked his help in finding him.  Just tell him to send Shawn out without the gun.  Because security people Nik would hire and anyone Sonny would set on the trail would be a little more free to get things done without being beholden to any procedure, and finding Spencer would be their sole job, not finding Spencer and keeping the rest of the mob-ridden city safe. 

• Love 4

I liked Skye. She was the only friend they allowed AJ. Even Emily wanted AJ to give Michael to Jason WTF ?Skye was AJ's friend and SHE HATED SONNY !I loved her return. Everyone blames AJ for Jason being brain dead, when you get into a car with someone you know is drunk you have to take some of the blame for what happens to you. No one blames Sonny for Jason becoming a hit man.

It hasn't been mentioned lately, but all the Quartermaines all blamed Sonny for Jason being a hit man.  Jax too mentioned once why he disliked Sonny more than Jason, and that was because Jason was a brain damaged kid who Sonny took advantage of.

• Love 5