Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And EWWWWW. I just realized, Michael's sister and cousin were dating each other! Blech.Ptooey.

Michael's sister's sister is/was married to his uncle.

Didn't Courtney and Rick date?  If so, Sonny's sister was dating his brother. 

Laura's cousin was married to her son.

But, it all doesn't matter because none of these people are blood-related and if we put that much of a restriction on who can date, everyone on Soaps will have to be celibate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Did I miss an episode where Lulu complained Dante wasn't getting better fast enough?

That's more Maxie's complaint, but Lulu isn't disagreeing.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

B) Alexis said her (never before mentioned, and never seen) assistant

We haven't seen the assistant, but Alexis has mentioned her before. She might even have a name, though it escapes me at the moment.

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We haven't seen the assistant, but Alexis has mentioned her before. She might even have a name, though it escapes me at the moment.

I thought the assistant's name was Myassistant?😜

• LOL 3

Hey Lulu, it's up to you to provide your own stability for yourself and your children. And if you don't feel like yourself without Dante, you need therapy because someone needs to be a whole person regardless of whether their spouse is present.

LMAO!!! that Dante shot "Peter." Somewhere Nathan is looking down, thanking his partner for administering some sort of payback to the unknown half-brother who a) played a large role in ending his life and b) then got together with his wife and gets to see his son all the time.  Hey Maxie, that's what you get for interfering in Dante and Lulu's business!

Ugghhh at Laura and Hayden smiling that Spencer is "precocious" and bonding over the  'selfie of Spencer.' 

On a shallow note, not sure if I've just overlooked it, but Alexis, Kristina and Ava's hair all look really great. The highlights on Alexis caught my attention as she was chatting with Finn.

Is anyone else SHOCKED that Carly acknowledged (to Sonny!!) AJ as Michael's father and that dumping alcohol on him to cover her lies was wrong?!

Good to see Lulu yelling at Maxie in the preview for tomorrow.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

she's hinted at it a couple of times. And she definitely isn't happy about it. But until Laura forced the issue last week, she's been fairly quiet. Now all of a sudden she's running to Sonny to bring Dante home.

I meant before today's episode since that's when the original comment was made.

How the fuck is Sonny supposed to bring Dante home? Break him out from a wsb facility?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LMAO!!! that Dante shot "Peter." Somewhere Nathan is looking down, thanking his partner for administering some sort of payback to the unknown half-brother who a) played a large role in ending his life and b) then got together with his wife and gets to see his son all the time.  Hey Maxie, that's what you get for interfering in Dante and Lulu's business! 

Let's recap what happened today, shall we? Maxie bulldozed her way into seeing Dante in a secure facility and caused a chain reaction where Dante's PTSD was triggered and he shot Peter, the man responsible for Nathan's death. Maxie is distraught for most of the episode but nowhere in that time does she reference or even think about the last time she was in a situation similar to this, where her husband and the father of her child was shot and killed. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Michael's sister's sister is/was married to his uncle.

Laura's cousin was married to her son.

But, it all doesn't matter because none of these people are blood-related and if we put that much of a restriction on who can date, everyone on Soaps will have to be celibate.

Lante have mutual relatives as well.

(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's more Maxie's complaint, but Lulu isn't disagreeing.

Well yeah but that's different than complaining about it. Of course she wants him to get better faster. Plus she's his wife, unlike Maxie.

Dante did a crappy thing leaving out of nowhere in the first place.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I haven't seen today's show yet. But she has hinted at it occasionally since he left.

Did the Lulu asking Sonny to get him stuff happen before today?

Dante is my hero and I don't even know what Peter and LWB's overacting. Has anyone on this show ever moaned or cried as loudly at being shot as him?

Sucks not being able to wear a bullet proof vest, doesn't it? Because Nathan wasn't wearing on the night he was shot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dante is my hero and I don't even know what Peter and LWB's overacting. Has anyone on this show ever moaned or cried as loudly at being shot as him?

Although I  wonder why a mental health facility would allow a patient to have a gun at the ready in his room, I'm completely behind LWB/whatshisname getting shot. That was a whole lotta angst for one through-and-through bullet that Michael Westen at Burn Notice University taught us went into an area of the body with no vital organs. I am choosing to believe that's why Dante shot him there, though.

And, way to go back to the '60s in a negative way, show, with Lulu saying she's not whole without her man. Sheesh, writers! Did you have a contest to see who could tick off the largest percentage off your dwindling viewer base with just one line? 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lante have mutual relatives as well.

Same for Elizabeth and Franco. They are both Steven Lars' siblings. Jeff Webber is father to both Steven and Elizabeth; Heather Webber is mother to both Steven and Franco (although the Steven, circa 2010, wanted nothing to do with Heather). 

I still remember the time Nikolas walked in on his brother, (GV) Lucky and his cousin, Sam, all over each other. Yes, I know in theory no big deal since the Cassadine family was all kinds of messed up, but  I would still be grossed out seeing a cousin of mine making out with one of my siblings. Now his uncle Valentin and sister Lulu have a kid together.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, rur said:

Although I  wonder why a mental health facility would allow a patient to have a gun at the ready in his room, I'm completely behind LWB/whatshisname getting shot.

The armed official told Maxie and Peter to leave, then went into the room where Dante was. He may have grabbed that official's gun. A sudden movement, like Maxie barging in uninvited, could trigger Dante to react and grab a gun within his reach.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dante, you had one job ..... (other than to get healthy, I mean). I really hope that this is the end of the "we must get Dante back RIGHT NOW" arc.

While I hate that that Jason is just such an awesome mentor to Dev, I'll take anything that keeps him out the those "loving" scenes with Sam.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, rur said:

Although I  wonder why a mental health facility would allow a patient to have a gun at the ready in his room.

Maybe he got hold of the gun that agent who spoke with that dumb as a box of rocks had. The man was armed and he went into Dante's room.

Edited by YaddaYadda
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And EWWWWW. I just realized, Michael's sister and cousin were dating each other! Blech.Ptooey.

His older brother is married to his cousin, though he does only have actual blood ties to the cousin. Molly and Kristina are both sisters and cousins. Liz and Laura have both had the last names Webber, Spencer, and Baldwin. Very incestuous show.

• Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Very incestuous show.

Could you imagine if Sam and Sonny’s daughter had lived? She would have been a sister/niece to Kristina, cousin/niece to Molly, sister/cousin to Avery, and a cousin to Spencer through both parents

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, rur said:

And, way to go back to the '60s in a negative way, show, with Lulu saying she's not whole without her man. Sheesh, writers! Did you have a contest to see who could tick off the largest percentage off your dwindling viewer base with just one line? 

I don't think that's a big deal. I think Dante would say the same about her. It all depends on the context. Now, if she were saying that and not taking care of anything, that would be one thing, but she's taking care of the kids, doing her job, etc.

• Love 1

It's doing everyone a disservice to write this story like Dante just wants a break from his hectic life, rather than getting much needed psychological help for PTSD from being tortured. FFS, Show. Do you have to trash everyone who leaves?

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

Rick tried to blackmail Courtney into dating him to mess with Sonny but she never did.

• Useful 1

Lulu, are you actually going to use Olivia being upset about Oscar's death as a reason to bring Dante home? Is that really the hill you want to die on? You're barely related!

Ava: Did you want me to conference you in? Ha, love her. I will accept any takedown of any Corinthos I can get. And her not letting Julian tell her what to do was great too. Maura was excellent. She totally sold the grief hands down. Also bought Julian being concerned about his sister. Really glad they changed the dynamic of their relationship.

Loved Alexis naming all her exes, that was hysterical.

Don't like celebrating Spencer, but if it helps Hayden remember Nik then I'm all in. And that was a lot of mentions of Nikolas today. Usually that would mean he's returning, but I wouldn't hold my breath because it just won't happen.

Shut UP, Maxie.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Peter getting shot was the most delightful twist I never saw coming.

Hmm, Lulu really seems to want and need Dante to return immediately. Just to be really sure Dante is not fit to return because he'll shoot someone who surprises him, can we try that again first with Sonny, and then with Franco?  After all, Sonny says he wants to help his son and daughter-in-law, and Franco should want to help his new stepsons' aunt and uncle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maxie is distraught for most of the episode but nowhere in that time does she reference or even think about the last time she was in a situation similar to this, where her husband and the father of her child was shot and killed. 

Maxie is suffering from Patrick Drake Disease ™️. A rare syndrome in which past history is forgotten and character complexities disappear. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Maxie is suffering from Patrick Drake Disease ™️. A rare syndrome in which past history is forgotten and character complexities disappear. 

I don't know, I think it was more like Patrick was suffering from Maxie Jones disease. 😛

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Ah, yes, when we were supposed to take the Patrick/Sam Insta-Tru-Wuv Relationship at face value and not think of Patrick as a douche for choosing to not add two and two to get four and figure out his wife was once again kidnapped.

It's sad how the writers are this inept that we can't ever concentrate on the storyline that is airing because they always ignore one big elephant-in-the-room per story and that takes over everything.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ah, yes, when we were supposed to take the Patrick/Sam Insta-Tru-Wuv Relationship at face value and not think of Patrick as a douche for choosing to not add two and two to get four and figure out his wife was once again kidnapped.

“Oh, my baby died because Victor caused an accident to keep Robin in line!? Let me find Sam and apologize to her so we can date.” Some of Frank and Ron’s best work! 💩

• LOL 2
34 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Considering her prior character's kid was aged to a lunatic adult over on Days, I guess Kirsten Storms can't run for the exit like Jason Thompson so smartly did. (She would look like the peer of Belle's daughter, not Mom!) The perils of only four soaps left. And I cannot see KSt on Bell soaps...

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

“Oh, my baby died because Victor caused an accident to keep Robin in line!? Let me find Sam and apologize to her so we can date.” Some of Frank and Ron’s best work! 💩

I'm actually annoyed that Patrick and Robin got a quickie wedding to write him off and am fanwanking it that once they got to California she insisted they go to therapy both separately and together. 

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm actually annoyed that Patrick and Robin got a quickie wedding to write him off and am fanwanking it that once they got to California she insisted they go to therapy both separately and together. 

That reminds me of when they went to therapy on the show and Patrick cried. 🤣 So it’s not really fanwank. 

Edited by HeatLifer
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

That reminds me of when they went to therapy on the show and Patrick cried. 🤣 So it’s not really fanwank. 

Oh, haha. How long was it after Patrick/Robin left that Baby Scrubs #2 was born?

Just now, HeatLifer said:

It was over a year later, I believe.

Noah and Emma Drake are the safest children to ever set foot in Port Charles because their mother now knows better than to stay for more than a weekend at a time. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Considering her prior character's kid was aged to a lunatic adult over on Days, I guess Kirsten Storms can't run for the exit like Jason Thompson so smartly did. (She would look like the peer of Belle's daughter, not Mom!) The perils of only four soaps left. And I cannot see KSt on Bell soaps...

Does that ever stop soaps?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Does that ever stop soaps?

True, but at least the soap parents LOOK older most of the time. Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire) and Kirsten Storms would literally look like twin sisters. (If you have not seen a pic of Keegan, she eerily looks a hell of a lot like Storms, IMO! Ironic still since KSt's successor, Martha Madison [who temped for Liz when BH was sick], looks nothing like her on-screen kid outside of both being blonde. )

(edited)

I thought the Hayden/Laura conversation (how he looks more like Nikolas every day, he's growing up a lot, he still resents Valentin) sounded like early prep for an older Spencer recast to debut in a future sweeps. There was a lot of Nikolas talk too, though, so maybe they will reenter as a two-for-one.  

This was one of the better-written GHs I've seen lately, overall. Korte was the last name, and two other women were credited. The dialogue was good in all of the segments: Lulu/Sonny, Alexis/Finn, Ava/Julian (I also liked his snark at Kristina to get back to work, and her "Roger that!"), Maxie/Finn...even Jason's lecture of Dev was well done, and Burton's delivery was pretty good.  

Kirsten Storms's Maxie has really worn out her welcome with me, though. Both the writing and the acting really need a rethink. Storms still plays Maxie too much like she did in the days when she and the JMB Lulu were feuding assistants for the Megan Ward Kate...and that airhead-with-attitude delivery came off better from a 23-year-old actress than it does from a 35-year-old one. Maybe the character's inability to grow up is part of her story (Maxie said as much when she was wailing to Finn about getting LWB shot), but the moments of self-awareness don't make her any easier to take.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

I've watched GH since the 80s and only off and on since the soap merger a few years ago.  Maxie always seemed better as a character when she was bouncing off another female character.  For me, in this current storyline (what there is of it) she seems lost and at sea -- kind of like a random character with no connection to the main ensemble.  That's not fair to Maxie because she has every right to be on the canvas with the rest of the cast.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, statsgirl said:
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:35 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Eh, we don't know at the moment that anybody actually died.

If I were writing, I'd make it that it was Dante who had a flashback, grabbed the gun and shot the agent (who deserved it for carrying a gun around a person with PTSD).  Explanation for why Dante can't return home  - he's too dangerous and remains off-screen.

Why does Dante, suffering from PTSD to the extreme, have a loaded weapon in a WSB secure facility?

(Although we didn't see Friday's episode, and we fanwanked it that Peter and Maxie walked into another set at ABC and discovered a VERY pissed Bachelorette.)

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Why does Dante, suffering from PTSD to the extreme, have a loaded weapon in a WSB secure facility?

They made a big deal on Friday showing the agent talking to Maxie and Peter having a gun, so I think Dante grabbed it off him and took his shot. The WSB: as incompetent as the PCPD. Dante must have felt right at home. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

True, but at least the soap parents LOOK older most of the time. Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire) and Kirsten Storms would literally look like twin sisters. 

I've seen her, but I don't think she and KSt would look like twins age wise or looks wise. That chick's eyes look dazed.

Edited by ulkis
36 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

With Jason/Sam and Brick/Spinelli, 45 seconds tops.

Exactly. Put Sam in a dress (only oppressive when Drew does it, not Jason/Sonny) and have her whisper-speak to a WSB agent. He'll fall for her instantly and Jason and Sonny can break out Dante. Then, Sonny can't remind him that he is Sonny's son and can overcome this. Or they can just have it turn out that he's also bipolar and just needs the right meds. Whatever Mo wants.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

sounded like early prep for an older Spencer recast to debut in a future sweeps. 

Oh please don't tease me.  I'd do anything to get rid of that obnoxious kid.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank loves Nicolas Bechtal. The only way I see Spencer being SORASed is if Bechtel is unavailable for an extended period of time.

Unlike most people, I don’t mind NB but he doesn’t fit on the current canvas. I have a feeling that he was supposed to be part of this teen scene but he looks a little younger than his actual age so the age gap looks like more than 2 years. In that one scene that he shared with Joss where she was asking for his advice, she looked like his babysitter rather than a friend. Although EM usually looks older than 16 to me so that probably doesn’t help. Honestly I think she looks older than the 20 something actresses who are currently on the show most of the time.

Unless they are trying to keep him around for when the next group of kids are SORASed, I don’t see the point since all he has right now is this “fued” with Valentin. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2

Sibley can't feel Nicholas on the other side. I'm shocked, I tell you, or at least I would be if I hadn't called it halfway through the episode. How long before he re-appears?

Calling the psychic "Sibley" irritates me every time I hear it.  Sibylla is the Latin name for prophetess and I can just see the writers patting themselves on the back every time I hear it.

What is the point of making Kiki a bitch in death?

At least Peter knows that he can forbid Finn as his doctor to tell Anna that he was shot. Don't make me hate you, Robert.

Nina, charming as ever, takes credit for the increase in ad sales from the Ava edition when it was Maxie's idea. Points for calling out Curtis on his duplicity though.

Hayden may be the CFO of Aurora's print division but it's unprofessional to 1. not know who owns the overall Aurora except the print division and 2. barge into his office without knocking, mid-speech to someone else.

5 hours ago, Captanne said:

I've watched GH since the 80s and only off and on since the soap merger a few years ago.  Maxie always seemed better as a character when she was bouncing off another female character.  For me, in this current storyline (what there is of it) she seems lost and at sea -- kind of like a random character with no connection to the main ensemble.  That's not fair to Maxie because she has every right to be on the canvas with the rest of the cast.

I think that's because the only thing they are using her for, other than to serve as Nina's gopher, is to give Peter something to do. They want to keep the actor around but have absolutely no idea what to do with him.

• Love 4