Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Michael is boring. Maybe if he didn't wander around with that hangdog look all the time he'd seem more interesting. 

I thought Lexi did a good job yesterday of of portraying a pouty, entitled brat, even if in her eyes Alexis is still the Big Bad while Sonny's blindingly golden aura is only slightly tarnished. What I couldn't understand was why Michael was "allowed" to say everything he said about DOD, since the shrink had pretty much told them not to say just about everything he said.

Writers!?!?!? Do you even read back your own material before submitting it? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

However with the way that Shiloh enjoy baiting Jason, you would think that the reason Shiloh came to town was to screw with Jason and not Sam as it was originally written.

I am fine with this, heh. Watching Jason be a total infant in how he ignores Shiloh is entertaining to me. He might as well be sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting, "Lalalala, I can't hear you!" 

This is our town hero, people. At least someone like Valentin would have a semi-witty putdown or bon mot. All Jason can do is stare stonily ahead while hitting the sparring bag with increasingly angry effort.

43 minutes ago, rur said:

Writers!?!?!? Do you even read back your own material before submitting it? 

Continuity, what?

Edited by dubbel zout
added more contempt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Deprogramming.   How am I supposed to know that Lemonface is mad, when that's her normal expression?  Why is Alexis always slapped down and never Sonny?  "You took a phone call and left." Wah, wah, wah. 

That pissed me off--as did Sonny looking at Alexis like "see, this is ALL your fault!  You took a phone call!  Sure, I almost got Kristina blown up, but that was an accident."

In conclusion, I hate Sonny.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, In2You said:

Both Kristina and Michael need recasts. Neither LA nor CD is lighting the screen on fire. And GH is the only place either can get steady work.

Recasts won’t magically fix a lack of character purpose or goals, which is a big problem for both Michael and Kristina. Characters are defined by what they want, and I have no idea what either of them want out of life, beyond the extreme short term.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

But don’t you think that Frank’s GH only saw Liz as a spoiler for JaSam? I mean, that was the reason Jake was brought back to life in the first place. Essentially, they never actually established a real bond between Liz and Jason. Since 2012, although I could probably go back to even before that, there was always only ONE purpose to a Liason scene.

I agree.  I think it's incredibly stupid since Fakeson was always around Friz but now "real Jason" and nothing.

Edited by Hater

Poor Michael just wants to get laid at this point.

I think the writers always having to insert their parents in their stories mess them up more than anything. Michael has sex with a girl, Carly comes by the next day to ask all the details.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Recasts won’t magically fix a lack of character purpose or goals, which is a big problem for both Michael and Kristina. Characters are defined by what they want, and I have no idea what either of them want out of life, beyond the extreme short term.

I agree that they need goals but they also need more charismatic actors. A good actor can help make a character likable even when the writing isnt all there.

• Love 3

All Lexi does is portray bratty bitchface Kristina onscreen every day. I'm not impressed cuz it's not a hard job. 

Just like all chad plays is mopey sleepy Michael. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, In2You said:

All Lexi does is portray bratty bitchface Kristina onscreen every day. I'm not impressed cuz it's not a hard job. 

Just like all chad plays is mopey sleepy Michael. 

Yup and how old is Kristina suppose to be now? 25? She doesn't look it and she doesn't act like it.

But then again like @ulkis says the show needs the 20 somethings to go reach out to the 40 and 50 year olds to talk about their drama.  That's why this show sucks as much as it does because they've never moved away from those characters and have casted awful actors and given them crappy storylines like DOD.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think the writers always having to insert their parents in their stories

Preach, girl. I was rewatching some of the Sonny/Brenda/Jason/Robin era and can you imagine if all these scenes *constantly* had parents in them? 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Preach, girl. I was rewatching some of the Sonny/Brenda/Jason/Robin era and can you imagine if all these scenes *constantly* had parents in them? 

Or if Rick and Lesley popped up in the middle of the Left Handed Boy adventure to help Luke and Laura out.

• Love 6

Are we supposed to think Shiloh believes Sam's lame acting?  To me, he is on to her but is calling her bluff and if he gets to see her boobs then it is a bonus for him.  Seriously Sam is just so unbelievable, if we are supposed to think Shiloh is sucked in, that is just the worst writing/acting ever.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Just as a strong actor can bring out the best in a weaker actor, two weaker actors together make the whole scene worse.  NuNatalie and Chase were painful.

Who is Natalie? You mean Valerie? LoL

I'll admit that I didn't see Harmony being Willow's mother coming. But I guess it makes sense because I have read stories where cult leaders had slept with all the female members of a family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

If I were going to recast Michael, I'd recast him with an actor who could generate heat with his romantic partners. As far as Kristina, an actress of the caliber of Meryl Streep could play her, and I still wouldn't like the character. I find her THAT unlikable. I did love the actress who played Kristina as a child, though. She was adorable.

• Love 1

Nooo! Is original Valerie gone for good? I liked her, even though they barely gave her anything to do. She was super gorgeous, too.

CD has not really improved or nuanced his acting since that first scene I just watched. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Nooo! Is original Valerie gone for good? I liked her, even though they barely gave her anything to do. She was super gorgeous, too.

Brytni Sarpy was recurring on GH but she now has a contract role on Young & the Restless. She is gone.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Are we supposed to think Shiloh believes Sam's lame acting?  To me, he is on to her but is calling her bluff and if he gets to see her boobs then it is a bonus for him.  Seriously Sam is just so unbelievable, if we are supposed to think Shiloh is sucked in, that is just the worst writing/acting ever.

Man, I hope Shiloh is onto Sam. Otherwise it's ridiculous he could lead DoD as successfully as he has for so long. Sam can hardly be the first person to want the cult dissolved.

Sonny was really hostile in that session. I wish Neil had told him to dial it back about a thousand notches.

A mention of Tom Hardy! *sob*

I don't quite understand why Laura is so reluctant to help Felicia and Ava. I get her problems with the legalities of it, but you'd think she'd want Lulu to be 100 percent sure Ryan is dead and absolutely no threat. I know she wants to believe he is dead, but that's dumb, and Laura is not dumb.

4 minutes ago, nilyank said:
41 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Brytni Sarpy was recurring on GH but she now has a contract role on Young & the Restless. She is gone.

I'm sure the renewed visibility of Valerie is to show Brytni Sarpy what she's missing.

The physical casting of the actors who play Willow and Harmony is quite good.

It's been a while since Sam has been sexually menaced. Sigh.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Unless, Willow turns out to the biological, coma baby of Nina in which case, it doesn't matter.

• Love 1

What is wrong with the casting department lately.  Nu TJ and nu Valerie seem like decent actors but they're wrong for the part.  Not sure how old they are in real life but TJ now looks way too old to be Jordan's son and Molly boyfriend and Valerie looks way too old for the part.  She's supposed to be friends with Kristina and I know LA is tiny for her age but it just didn't seem right  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's Valerie. You can't even keep her name straight!

And don't go knocking Chaseyboo.

I know it's Natalie, I had a brain fart!  And Chase is still mediocre, IMO, but adorable.

5 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Who is Natalie? You mean Valerie? LoL

I'll admit that I didn't see Harmony being Willow's mother coming. But I guess it makes sense because I have read stories where cult leaders had slept with all the female members of a family.

Lol!  Of course I meant Valerie - she's awful.  And I knew immediately that Harmony was Willow's mom, because it's typical that cult members hand over their daughters to the cult leader.  Plus, there was no other reason to cast a woman of a certain age - not that I'm complaining, she's a better actor than Sam and I appreciate the "older" women on the show.

These recasts are like cardboard cutouts.  Horrible.

Tequan was truly an up in coming actor and just fit so much better with HP than NuTJ. They never gave him anything to work with. 

NuValerie is horrible as well, so is NuJordan.

They all seem so generic.  But this is how FV operates, instead of getting rid of people when the opportunity comes, he recasts and does a horrible job.  

• Love 2

Mikey throws a fit, but doesn't tell anything about Willow's "initiation" to DoD?  Not directly mentioning her by name, of course, but can't he at least explain what the ritual is (Shiloh sexing her up, tattoos), that they drugged Lemonface to make her compliant? 

I'm hoping she makes it back to DoD house in time to mess up Sam's plans.  But then I think Sam is suddenly going to be called away, given that she likely sent an SOS message on her phone. 

I didn't think Willow looked anything like Harmony, who looks like Shania Twain's elder sister.

And it's annoying as hell to hear Molly call it a "colt".  🐎🐴

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I get why bringing up the sins of DoD and Shiloh against others might not be the right thing to do in that situation.  The point is to address Kristina's issues, and bringing in "well my friend said" pulls the focus from her, and why she felt she needed that group in the first place.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

And it's annoying as hell to hear Molly call it a "colt".  

Now you know how I felt every time Carly talked about “Morris Code”. 😼

I really disliked nuValerie, but I’m not sure if it’s because of the actress or because I’m still mad about Brytni Sarpy. Because I am.

• Love 3

NuValerie didn’t even get a “The role of Valerie is now being played by.....”. So rude. NuTJ is too old for Molly. She’s less annoying since she’s gotten older and miles ahead of Kristina. Sonny & Alexis should leave her in the cult. Serves her right. Buh-bye!!!! Neil did a good job as usual. He’s a great actor. Shiloh did great with his usual creepy self and got to show his six pack. The dude is stacked. It’s too bad Shiloh drugged Sam before sex....oh wait.....he didn’t......that just how Kelly Monaco acts. She really has one mode doesn’t she? Just put her back with Drew to wake her up and make her happy The Steve Burton & Kelly Monaco Show is over! That ship (and, time) has sailed!  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hater said:

These recasts are like cardboard cutouts.  Horrible.

Tequan was truly an up in coming actor and just fit so much better with HP than NuTJ. They never gave him anything to work with. 

NuValerie is horrible as well, so is NuJordan.

They all seem so generic.  But this is how FV operates, instead of getting rid of people when the opportunity comes, he recasts and does a horrible job.  

I totally agree about TJ. He was such a promising character whose potential was never fully realized by the writers. Tequan Richmond's talent was completely wasted.

I can take or leave NuJordan. Don't love her but don't hate her either. I'm mostly indifferent when she comes on screen.

I always thought Valerie was a pointless character who wasn't even worthy of a recast IMO.

• Love 2

They have both Valeries on this page and nu Val looks old enough to be old Val's mother.  

If they recast so they could have Valerie back in Kristina's orbit for a relationship or whatever, they made a huge mistake.  

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Valerie_Spencer_(Paulina_Bugembe)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

and

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Unless, Willow turns out to the biological, coma baby of Nina in which case, it doesn't matter.

I think they're going to pull away from the Willow/Nina connection now that MS is leaving.  Also, Willow's hair yesterday was cut shorter and dyed much darker than it was the day before and it seemed to match Harmony's hair, as though they really want to mine that connection.  

Why would Kristina call Valerie instead of Shiloh to get her out of the safehouse?  I mean, that's clearly why they recast Valerie, but it seemed so random that's who she'd call.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Mikey throws a fit, but doesn't tell anything about Willow's "initiation" to DoD?  Not directly mentioning her by name, of course, but can't he at least explain what the ritual is (Shiloh sexing her up, tattoos), that they drugged Lemonface to make her compliant? 

Kristina is still way too angry about being kidnapped. She would say Michael is making stuff up to taint Shiloh and DoD. Willow is the better person to talk to Kristina about this, and she can show K the tattoo.

40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why would Kristina call Valerie instead of Shiloh to get her out of the safehouse?  I mean, that's clearly why they recast Valerie, but it seemed so random that's who she'd call.  

Because Valerie is a cop and has some legal heft to get Kristina out, most likely. It was actually a very smart move on K's part, for a change.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why would Kristina call Valerie instead of Shiloh to get her out of the safehouse? 

Because Val is police and she wants to get her family in trouble for kidnapping..... which in the end she wont do, so ya, what was the point of phoning Valerie

• Love 2

I was surprised to see that Kristina called nuValerie, too. I thought she would be screaming from the roof top to Shiloh where she was. I guess she wants it official that she was "kidnapped" and taken against her will. That said, has anyone asked Kristina how she got there? She knows Jason kidnapped her but has anyone asked her when she last remembers and why she doesn't remember being taken? She was drugged. I thought Sonny or Alexis would have said something. If they did I may have missed it. Was Kristina questioned about this or told?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Hater said:

Tequan was truly an up in coming actor and just fit so much better with HP than NuTJ.

Yes, Tequan was good, but he was NuTJ. This recast is NuNuTJ. Or TJ Squared, or...I got nuttin'.

So, no Anna or Robert?

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina is still way too angry about being kidnapped. She would say Michael is making stuff up to taint Shiloh and DoD. Willow is the better person to talk to Kristina about this, and she can show K the tattoo.

I think Michael's an idiot for waiting.  And Krissy works in a bar.  Hasn't she heard of ruffies for the purpose of sexual assault?

First off, CD is really jacked up now. Oddly enough, I didn't see this when he was Sasha but when he was wearing the tight sweater at the cabin. I guess he's been hanging around SB in his off time. Anyway, Michael has always been a weak character and unlucky in love because CD is playing him. Writers pick up on actors nuances and sex appeal isn't something that CD had or ever will have. That's why Michael, Nathan, and now Chase get all the sex. Before, Sasha I can't recall the last time Michael got it on. Someone mentioned that he was protected by MB, LW & SB. I doubt it's true but I almost believe. He's been there 9 years so someone likes him and is willing to pay him.

• Love 1

NuValerie looks old enough to be NuJordan. I don't really mind the TJ recast. I think old TJ and old Jordan had a great mother-son chemistry that these recasts don't, but I'm more likely to put that on nuJordan because I don't see her chemistry with anyone. I do still like TJ and Molly. While he looks about 10 years older than her, she acts much more mature than her two nitwit sisters so I can buy her with TJ.

Okay, I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I do kind of see some chemistry with Michael and Kristina. Surprising since I can't really stand either character normally. I don't think I'd be opposed to a storyline where these two explore something. They might be half siblings, but only by adoption - no blood relation there - and it would be interesting to see how the town responds.

Chase continues to be my favorite part of this show, regardless of who they put him in a scene with.

• Love 3

Laura is dumb.  Now that they're writing her this stupid, I do hope Kevin and Ava fall in love because FV will surely go with his wet dream.

That last Jason and Sam scene.  I laughed.  Them next to a dumpster is quite fitting.  They do not feel like a couple.  I buy nothing of their love.  Sam looked like a wet rat trying to squeeze out tears that weren't coming and he just stands there.  Romance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Okay, I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I do kind of see some chemistry with Michael and Kristina.

Not from me. When he said he went to her every recital I was like, "just pair them already". There could be a soapy story there. But they won't do it because it'll make Sonny/Carly/Jason look like bad parents if their kids gets all semi-incesty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

And it's annoying as hell to hear Molly call it a "colt".  🐎🐴

Thank you!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It's annoying af and takes me right out of the story. Molly, it's "cult" - as in cull, null, and dull. As in: "I'd really love to cull some of these dull actors from this cult storyline."

Since, AFAIK, Shiloh only has sex with women in the trust, my guess is today's scene was another test for Sam to break down her boundaries. I really hope Shiloh isn't falling for Sam's flattery because she sucks at it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Okay, I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I do kind of see some chemistry with Michael and Kristina.

I have a theory about why this is the only person he has chemistry with. Since he cheated on his first wife with a co-star.... I think he "holds himself back" with his showbased romantic partners. .... but since he thinks of Krissy as his sister.   He doesn't. 

Whats  left left to say about JaScam. Is Jason really ok with Scam getting it on with Shank a guy I guess he views as his enemy? He seemed to take a long time getting over Scam and Ric rutting on the floor. But this doesn't phase him. So odd. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s too bad Shiloh drugged Sam before sex....oh wait.....he didn’t......that just how Kelly Monaco acts. She really has one mode doesn’t she? J

Yep. Sam was behaving so oddly even St. Jasus of Borg had to ask if Shiloh made ever drink anything. Jeez, its like high school drama club on a particularly bad day.

NuValerie sucks.  This crapfest is so indifferent that we didn't even get the courtesy of a "the role of Valerie Spencer is now played by."

It's getting worse and worse.

I don't know why Sam was crying about having to almost take her shirt off in order to gain Shiloh's trust. That was her go-to move when she played at being private detective. She did not sleep with the man and no one is forcing her to continue this nonsense of an investigation.

• Love 6

I find it funny Sam is willing to go to these lengths to take down a cult leader who is also  a sexual assaulter given her history of sexual assault by Franco.

Instead of ya know teaming up with Molly, she prefers to "get close" to this man.

I kind of never want to hear her crying about Franco ever again.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

NuValerie looks old enough to be NuJordan.

This.  I thought it was weird that they would bring someone who is clearly older than Britny was, to put up against Kristina.  Then today, TJ is telling Jordan that her kidney could fail and she could die without a transplant and all of a sudden, I'm thinking they brought in a new, older Valerie for curtis.  

• Useful 1

Now that I’ve had a chance to see nuVal do some acting, I think she would have been fine as a different character. But she’s not Valerie. Not even remotely.

How did Shiloh not notice Sam pulling that lock pick set in and out of her back pocket, over and over? Is he so mesmerized by her vacuous demeanor that he’s emulating it?

• LOL 1