Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly: With everything you have going on, you still made time to give this to Avery. You my dear are a spectacular big sister.

Yes, it's sooooo amazing that Joss, a rich teenager in the modern era with access to the internet, bought a present for her little sister for Christmas. O. Henry is mad he never came up with that gifting scenario.

Internet? Pfft. Joss went in person to the Disney Store! It was crowded and she had to stand in line!

27 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I miss non-sappy Anna.

Same here. And I'm sick of her bending over backward when Peter is still mostly acting like a petulant child. I also wasn't amused when she and Jordan were laughing at Alexis's "bone dry turkey" at Thanksgiving. Alexis had the meal catered, so it's not as if she roasted the bird.

The Oscar scenes with his parents and Monica were cute, especially Oscar's meh about the socks until he found the car key fob. Hee.

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Frank, especially, has gotten attached to actors who portray the bad and/or grey characters, so we never get to see or feel real justice for the good guys all around.

There's no real joy on the show on a regular basis, either. The lack of intentional humor and lightness is glaring.

I like Willow/Chase much more than I like Willow/Michael.

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And my goodness the Cameron actor is growing in me.

He's getting really good writing, which is kind of a shock. His scene with Aidan was really good.

Where exactly is James tonight? Is he with Mac and Felicia? And why aren't those two at Anna's?

• Love 3

Brit would have been fun with Chase. Mikey can have Willow. I don't want Chase weighed down by all her wounded bird shit. 

I hope we can enjoy Cam as a cool big brother and son for a while, before they throw him into a romance. I like him way more with his family, and even with Oscar and Franco, than I do with Joss! The three brothers are good together and could become a real backbone for the future of the show. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I was genuinely shocked by how crappy and unsoapy that reunion was. I kept thinking they were going to do something soapy at some point, but nope.

Well, they've managed to top that with JaSam 3.0 and this horrendous storyline/whatever the hell you want to call it and two actors who at times look repulsed by each other.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I think Margaux will end up being Mike's daughter. I am sure she and Sonny will develop a crush on each other at some point, but will then find out she's Mike's daughter as Mike is drifting away. Carly will end up blowing everything out of proportion and drive Sonny away from her.

Kind someone please explain: why did Drew ask for Sonny's help and what Sonny did to help. Also is Willow going to grief counseling because she gave up her baby or did she experience some other loss?

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Carly: With everything you have going on, you still made time to give this to Avery. You my dear are a spectacular big sister.

Yes, it's sooooo amazing that Joss, a rich teenager in the modern era with access to the internet, bought a present for her little sister for Christmas. O. Henry is mad he never came up with that gifting scenario.

Josslyn's not actually her sister, but ok, show, sure.  Also, nice pandering to Disney with the 90th anniversary mention.  As if a 4 year old could appreciate that, uh huh.

Carly's line about why can't everyone be nice all year round might've been ok if it wasn't coming from her and you know she meant "why can't everyone be nice to MEEEEEEE?" 

Sonny just happens to have a Santa suit on hand and saves Christmas.  Ok, show, sure, part two.

Question: How come Mike never forgets who Stella is?  Or Yvonne?  He can't remember she has a husband, but he remembers her. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, paisley said:

Kind someone please explain: why did Drew ask for Sonny's help and what Sonny did to help.

Sonny acquired the Santa suit.  He probably had one at the mall shot and stole the suit.  jk.  I was miffed that they put Bobbi in it.  I was hoping for the least Santa-like guy, Finn, not a woman.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sonny acquired the Santa suit.  He probably had one at the mall shot and stole the suit.  jk.  I was miffed that they put Bobbi in it.  I was hoping for the least Santa-like guy, Finn, not a woman.

You know what Ciarra? If Michael Easton debuts next month as Santa Claus, I'm blaming you.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, avocadohead said:

I think Margaux will end up being Mike's daughter. I am sure she and Sonny will develop a crush on each other at some point, but will then find out she's Mike's daughter as Mike is drifting away. Carly will end up blowing everything out of proportion and drive Sonny away from her.

I doubt that's where they're going with them. At this point we'd be getting tons of clues and we've gotten nothing despite getting tons of conversation and POV from Mike. Even more so when it looks like Mike's mental capacity is dying out fast.

And maybe I'm putting too much faith in the writers but I think they might not want to cheapen Mike's Alzeihmer storyline by tacking on a long lost daughter story right when he's about to go senile. I wouldn't put it past the writers but I don't think Mo would be game considering how he seems to cherish that story. That's HIS Emmy bait baby after all.

Also, didn't Mike say he'd have liked to share a double date with them the other day, lol? Seems like a weird remark if they were going there.

I definitely do see Carly blowing things out of proportion and messing things up with Sonny herself without reason though. I don't see him cheating...I see Carson imploding before that's even necessary. And they really need to at this point. Judging by Carly's crippling insecurity the other day, Carson won't need Margaux/Sonny to happen to do so....

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Perkie said:

Anyone else notice, when Liz told the boys to get ready, Jake needed something from upstairs and the kid jumped over the couch on his way out of the room.  And BH said in a typical exasperated, weary mother tone, something like, "seriously Jake" and the Cameron actor started laughing.  More of that please.  

I wonder if all of that was ad-libbed. I can see the Jake kid deciding to hop over the couch because it's easier than going around, and BH is experienced enough to add the mom note (which was great), and the Cam actor cracked up because it was genuinely funny. 

I also liked the way the show had Aidan "distract" Cam so AIdan would win the race out to the car. That's so normal, and the Cam actor did a nice job with it. Is Awesome Writer sneaking back in?

Definitely more of this sort of thing. 

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I was miffed that they put Bobbi in [the Santa suit]. 

I liked a nontraditional Santa. And, she did lose rock-paper-scissors to Monica fair and square.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, paisley said:

Kind someone please explain: why did Drew ask for Sonny's help and what Sonny did to help. Also is Willow going to grief counseling because she gave up her baby or did she experience some other loss?

Drew asked Sonny's help because Mo has it in his contract that he has to be the winner in every. single. story.  So of course, no Quartermain can solve the problem it must be solved by the almight Sonny.  Sonny apparently has a closet full of Santa suits and was able to replace the damaged one so the kids could have a Christmas.  

Am I the only one that thought the sick kid that told Oscar that she was worried Santa wouldnt't know where to find her this year, was way too old to still believe in Santa?  She looked like she was 12.  

Re:  Willow, at this point, we assume that she's going to the grief counselling because she gave up her baby, but there could be another reason that we haven't been told yet.  

1 hour ago, Bawoman said:

I think Margaux will end up being Mike's daughter.

That would take some heck of a pretzel type writing.  Mike was apparently nowhere near Sonnys life at that time, though they retconned it a little with the Croton part of the story.  NOw to have them change it that he was around and sleeping with Scully's lawyer's wife at the same time that Scully was sleeping with Jeanette would be quite the stretch.  Not saying they wouldn't do it, but it would be super stupid.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if all of that was ad-libbed.

Yep. As soon as he did it, I figured no way would that have been in the script and it was all Hudson.  Becky going along with it was a hoot.  

I loved seeing the Webber boys together.  Both Hudson and William are great finds.  I think the Aiden actor pretty decent for his age and inexperience, since poor Aiden has spent the better part of his 9 years in the unused closet.  I'm hoping as the Aiden story ramps up we'll see more of both Jake and Cam in the story.  

• Love 11

I like the way the Willow reveal happened.  We've been suspecting for awhile that Willow was the birth mother so to have her accidentally run into Julian and have both of them react, was well done, I thought.  I did not appreciate her going back later to confront him and talk about wanting to be in the baby's life.    That seemed heavy handed, especially since he was showing her photos of a baby that she thinks is hers but he knows isn't.  I would have preferred they left it with the first meeting where no words are spoken but the audience realizes the truth.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I would have preferred they left it with the first meeting where no words are spoken but the audience realizes the truth.  

But then it couldn't be hammered home how OMG TEH EVUL Julian is. By Julian himself.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But then it couldn't be hammered home how OMG TEH EVUL Julian is. By Julian himself.

But then they made a point of having him say that he didn't bribe or threaten her, which she agreed.  So am I supposed to beleive he's evil for convincing her that she was doing the right thing in giving up her baby for a better life.  Because I sort of don't.  

Also, how bad a life could she possibly give this baby.  She isn't a teenager.  She has a gainful job that probably pays, what, 50 thousand a year (??).  She must have a roof over her head and she seems well dressed.  Why did she give him up?  Unless the speculation that she was raped plays into it, but then why would she want him back if that was the case.  So many questions that will likely be unanswered because it doesn't involve Jason/Sonny/Carly/Sam.....yet.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Yep. As soon as he did it, I figured no way would that have been in the script and it was all Hudson.  Becky going along with it was a hoot.  

I loved seeing the Webber boys together.  Both Hudson and William are great finds.  I think the Aiden actor pretty decent for his age and inexperience, since poor Aiden has spent the better part of his 9 years in the unused closet.  I'm hoping as the Aiden story ramps up we'll see more of both Jake and Cam in the story.  

This. I am so happy to see ALL 3 of Elizabeth's sons interacting, and her being spotlighted as a loving mother who is worried about her kids.  I love that the boys have storyline material that is NOT about propping the fathers. For so long,  the writers seemed to want us to think Jake was Liz's only kid, the only one who mattered, because they wanted to uses the son to prop the Elizabeth/Jason connection, BM as the new Jason, and then Burton as the returning Jason. I appreciate that Hudson has been playing Jake like he's okay with Jason being a part of his life, but he still loves Uncle Drew as a dad too. He has good relationships with his mom and his brothers as well - his life is not focused on Jason or ugh...Franco.  (That Halloween scene of Danny being dressed as Jason made me think, "poor kid.") 

Elizabeth playing a loving and concerned mother to children who are growing up is the best material she's had in years. The "who's the daddy" and baby kidnapping storylines were beyond tired. I will give writers credit that the presentation is not Liz and Franco as equal parents or that Franco is a totally awesome almost step-dad to the boys.  I didn't like Franco being included in the parent-teacher conference about Aiden, though. He has no idea about how to properly, politely speak to a teacher, he is not Aiden's father nor is he his step-father yet. It was not appropriate. 

Cam is really shining as a son who loves his mom, a kid who does stupid things with good intentions, and a big brother who wants to look out for his younger brothers while making it clear that the three of them along with their mother are a family. The scene with his kid brother Aiden was super sweet. Aiden's smile in reaction to Cam's pep-talk was heartwarming. 

I also have liked that the Cam scenes have revealed that Cam knows about Franco's past, accepts that Franco is living with them and claims to love his mother as well as to be devoted to their family, but *does not* see Franco as a father. 

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But then they made a point of having him say that he didn't bribe or threaten her, which she agreed.  So am I supposed to beleive he's evil for convincing her that she was doing the right thing in giving up her baby for a better life.  Because I sort of don't. 

I don't sort of don't--I don't at all.  She flat-out said all he did was "beg" her to let Lucas and Brad keep the baby.  No threats, no money, nothing.  I have little doubt Julian will be portrayed as awful when this all comes out--especially by those two hypocrites Sonny and Carly, who will accuse him of knowingly keeping precious Michael away from his son (even though he knows no such thing).

It was great seeing the brotherly interaction of all three Weber/Spencer/whatever their last name is boys.  They really are selling the sibling bond and Rebecca is hitting all the right notes as Mom to the three of them.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Dr. Hardy read the Christmas story, not The Night Before Christmas. It is nice to get to see the hospital Christmas party each year.

I thought so, but I'm okay with it. At least we got a reading with a group of kids. I do remember that they had the kids from the crew and cast in the Hardy years.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I think that GH no longer has any super couples these days. We seem to be stuck with Jason/Sam, Valentine/Nina and Sonny/Carly. It is making me miss Dante/Lulu.

OG Dante/Lulu.

14 hours ago, paisley said:

I'm a little creeped out that they're equating a child's death with giving it up for adoption.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Josslyn's not actually her sister, but ok, show, sure.  Also, nice pandering to Disney with the 90th anniversary mention.  As if a 4 year old could appreciate that, uh huh.

Carly's line about why can't everyone be nice all year round might've been ok if it wasn't coming from her and you know she meant "why can't everyone be nice to MEEEEEEE?" 

Sonny just happens to have a Santa suit on hand and saves Christmas.  Ok, show, sure, part two.

Question: How come Mike never forgets who Stella is?  Or Yvonne?  He can't remember she has a husband, but he remembers her. 

As an adopted person who has absolutely zero "blood" relatives, this doesn't bother me at all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This. I am so happy to see ALL 3 of Elizabeth's sons interacting, and her being spotlighted as a loving mother who is worried about her kids.  I love that the boys have storyline material that is NOT about propping the fathers. For so long,  the writers seemed to want us to think Jake was Liz's only kid, the only one who mattered, because they wanted to uses the son to prop the Elizabeth/Jason connection, BM as the new Jason, and then Burton as the returning Jason. I appreciate that Hudson has been playing Jake like he's okay with Jason being a part of his life, but he still loves Uncle Drew as a dad too. He has good relationships with his mom and his brothers as well - his life is not focused on Jason or ugh...Franco.  (That Halloween scene of Danny being dressed as Jason made me think, "poor kid.") 

Elizabeth playing a loving and concerned mother to children who are growing up is the best material she's had in years. The "who's the daddy" and baby kidnapping storylines were beyond tired. I will give writers credit that the presentation is not Liz and Franco as equal parents or that Franco is a totally awesome almost step-dad to the boys.  I didn't like Franco being included in the parent-teacher conference about Aiden, though. He has no idea about how to properly, politely speak to a teacher, he is not Aiden's father nor is he his step-father yet. It was not appropriate. 

Cam is really shining as a son who loves his mom, a kid who does stupid things with good intentions, and a big brother who wants to look out for his younger brothers while making it clear that the three of them along with their mother are a family. The scene with his kid brother Aiden was super sweet. Aiden's smile in reaction to Cam's pep-talk was heartwarming. 

I also have liked that the Cam scenes have revealed that Cam knows about Franco's past, accepts that Franco is living with them and claims to love his mother as well as to be devoted to their family, but *does not* see Franco as a father. 

UO: I don't think Cam has been SORASed: he is at his correct biological age. I am with @sacrebleu, I wish he would have been SORASed to Molly's age group (since he should be older than her). I also dislike the fact that he vaguely looks like RoHo. I kind of wish they would at least dye his blond hair dark brown, so he resembles ReHe and Chad Brannon (who played his biological father Zander Smith). 

However, I am happy to hear that Cam is being written and acting (equally important, especially for a teenager who is just starting to act). He shouldn't like Franco, Franco sucks, but I can chalk up Cam not wanting Liz to lose her shit when things wrong in her romantic life as him being tolerate.  I would give my eye teeth if Cam mentioned that AJ was his favorite out of all of Liz's boyfriends. Lord know he was mine.

• Love 4

Spencer has also barely been aged... the actor was born in 2005, the character in 2006. I'm actually fine with weird continuity on ages, though...Becky looks so young, it would be weird to see her with a college aged kid. 

Generally speaking, I think GH engages in SORASing far less than most other soaps. I dip in and out of the Bell soaps, and every time I do it seems like another recent toddler is suddenly VP of a corporation. 

• Love 1

Okay, I’m confused. I thought baby Wiley (super cute kid) was Michael’s and Nelle’s? Now, it sounds like it’s Willow? I remember Julian tracking Alexis down at the adoption process thing but after that I’m really hazy. Can anyone give me the 441 on this?! Thanks in advance. 

24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, I’m confused. I thought baby Wiley (super cute kid) was Michael’s and Nelle’s? Now, it sounds like it’s Willow? I remember Julian tracking Alexis down at the adoption process thing but after that I’m really hazy. Can anyone give me the 441 on this?! Thanks in advance. 

Wiley is Nelle and Michael's.  Brad and Lucas adopted a baby which turned out to be Willow's.  That baby died shortly after he was born because Brad I believe left the baby to sleep in a badly swaddled blanket and he ended up suffocating.  Nelle ended up giving birth on the side of a road and as Brad was attempting to bring his dead son to the hospital (I think, not sure)  Nelle and him find each other and she ends up giving Wiley to Brad because she didn't want the trashy Corinthos family to have any part of her child's life.   Julian knows that Brad switched the baby.  He saw the picture of Willow's baby and then later on sees Wiley and realizes he's not the same kid.

Willow came on as Aiden's teacher but we now found out she gave her child up for adoption.  She is probably Nina's daughter as well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
On 12/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, ulkis said:

When Sam fans were complaining at an event about her scenes with Franco, LW replied to them "what do you care?"

I don't think she's horrible, but does indeed strike me as a bit obnoxious, I know @Francie has some stories.

Why are you triggering my PTSD? WHYYYYYYYY?????!!!!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wiley is Nelle and Michael's.  Brad and Lucas adopted a baby which turned out to be Willow's.  That baby died shortly after he was born because Brad I believe left the baby to sleep in a badly swaddled blanket and he ended up suffocating.  Nelle ended up giving birth on the side of a road and as Brad was attempting to bring his dead son to the hospital (I think, not sure)  Nelle and him find each other and she ends up giving Wiley to Brad because she didn't want the trashy Corinthos family to have any part of her child's life.   Julian knows that Brad switched the baby.  He saw the picture of Willow's baby and then later on sees Wiley and realizes he's not the same kid.

Willow came on as Aiden's teacher but we now found out she gave her child up for adoption.  She is probably Nina's daughter as well.

OMG! I totally forgot that Brad & Lucas had a surrogate and then they were adopting. Somehow totally forgetting that Brad & Lucas are two guys who can’t conceive. LOL!!!! I know everything before & after but I totally forgot the surrogate part. I feel so dumb. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Hater said:

That bad, huh?

Mainly harmless, honestly.  Annoying. Loud. Unaware. Really, really unaware. But harmless.  

Let’s just say if she were to spend an evening with Mother Theresa, Gandhi, and the Pope, she’d dominate the conversation, talk about herself for 90% of the evening, and, unironically, declare, “You are all so lucky, because I know so much about spirituality.” 

• Love 5
On 12/20/2018 at 7:56 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I remember people getting into big fights of JaSam vs. Liason and me just over here thinking both girls suck and I liked him with Robin. 

Whereas I kept wondering why they were wasting all those good female characters on that sucky-ass male character.  I still wonder that.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny holding AJ's grandson makes my teeth itch.

One of the main reasons I don't want the truth about Wiley to ever come out.  I don't want Sonny and Carly stealing yet another Quartermaine.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:22 PM, LexieLily said:

I'm still waiting for the double-twist that Nelle played everyone again and Jonah isn't Michael's son after all.

I would love for this to happen.  Michael shouldn't have any children as long as Sonny and Carly are around to steal them.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Hater said:

Jason and Sam need to be put together and broken up. Cut their losses on this. There’s no story to tell.

Yes, but then which female character gets saddled with Jason next?  There's not a single female character I hate enough to get saddled with that dud, not even Carly.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:35 PM, TVbitch said:

I hope we can enjoy Cam as a cool big brother and son for a while, before they throw him into a romance. I like him way more with his family, and even with Oscar and Franco, than I do with Joss! The three brothers are good together and could become a real backbone for the future of the show. 

Had the writers of this possessed even an ounce of sanity or sense, the show would be focused on Liz as the lead heroine and her boys would be firmly placed as the future of the show.   Instead we're stuck with the loathsome Corinthi and their hangers on hogging the spotlight.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:56 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I remember people getting into big fights of JaSam vs. Liason and me just over here thinking both girls suck and I liked him with Robin. 

Whereas I kept wondering why they were wasting all those good female characters on that sucky-ass male character.  I still wonder that.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny holding AJ's grandson makes my teeth itch.

One of the main reasons I don't want the truth about Wiley to ever come out.  I don't want Sonny and Carly stealing yet another Quartermaine.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:22 PM, LexieLily said:

I'm still waiting for the double-twist that Nelle played everyone again and Jonah isn't Michael's son after all.

I would love for this to happen.  Michael shouldn't have any children as long as Sonny and Carly are around to steal them.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Hater said:

Jason and Sam need to be put together and broken up. Cut their losses on this. There’s no story to tell.

Yes, but then which female character gets saddled with Jason next?  There's not a single female character I hate enough to get stuck with that dud, not even Carly.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:35 PM, TVbitch said:

Had the writers of this possessed even an ounce of sanity or sense, the show would be focused on Liz as the lead heroine and her boys would be firmly placed as the future of the show.   Instead we're stuck with the loathsome Corinthi and their hangers on hogging the spotlight.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, yowsah1 said:

Especially when you consider they are true legacy characters as direct descendants of Dr. Hardy and have a natural chemistry with each other. They would be great as the future of this show.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Yes, but then which female character gets saddled with Jason next?  There's not a single female character I hate enough to get stuck with that dud, not even Carly.

Kim, Carly, someone anyone.  Jason and Sam are dead storyline wise, so much so they are pulling out a story that was used over a decade ago to push Sam as being too heinous for Jasus to be with.  There is nothing there...story or from the actors.  It's way worse than Carson because at least Maurice and LW don't look totally annoyed with each other.

2 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Especially when you consider they are true legacy characters as direct descendants of Dr. Hardy and have a natural chemistry with each other. They would be great as the future of this show.

100%!!! Minus Franco, Liz and her boys are the most interesting, genuine part of the show right now. They should definitely be a focal point and built up as the future of the show. They're all children of legacy characters deeply tied to the canvas and all with their own distinct personalities. They've done some damage to Elizabeth in recent years but she remains one of my favorites and her devotion as a single mom has remained a constant on the show for years. I think, even if you aren't the biggest Liz fan, it's rewarding as a viewer to see her sons come of age and be such great kids. 

Their scenes on Friday were great. Cam talking to his brothers and then his one on one with Aidan was very sweet and much needed on a show that's very lacking in family dynamics and plain old positivity. They all seem very comfortable together and with Becky who is a pro mom both on screen and off. I totally think she ad libbed her line to Jake/Hudson who ad libbed jumping over the sofa. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ulkis said:
11 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Yes, but then which female character gets saddled with Jason next? 

Nina!

Good lord can you imagine?!

Nina:  "Jason, you're so quiet.  You're so quiet.  why did you go see Sonny.  Why did you go see Sonny.  Did you talk to Carly today.  Did you talk to Carly today.

Jason:  blink, blink, blink, constipated look, grunt

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Leave him as a lone wolf. I doubt SBu would care. As long as Jason stays the saintly hero, he's probably happy.

Yep.  That way he can be at Carly and Sonny's beck and call 24/7 without even a passing concern for other relationships.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Leave him as a lone wolf. I doubt SBu would care. As long as Jason stays the saintly hero, he's probably happy.

I don't know, I think he cares about looking like a leading man and some "stud" to females.