Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ava giving Lucy a check and then giving her the brush-off was perfection. Finally someone dropped the pretense that Lucy is anything more these days than an annoying mosquito hovering for lifeblood to fuel the Nurses' Ball.

I hate how every year they have her bopping around town friggin' harassing people into performing.  No means no, lady.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I will forever pledge my devotion to this soap if they have Alcazar suddenly come back from the dead and shoot Sonny in the head during the Nurse's Ball, have Lucy request someone remove the body, and then go on with the show. Bonus points if the aftermath has Jason and Carly riding off into the sunset together never to be heard from again.

Can't someone who is still alive shoot Sonny?  If nobody ever comes back from the dead again, I will be a happy camper.  How about Monica finally goes nuts and shoots him? Or, better yet, have Jax come back and shoot him. If anybody deserves to kill Sonny, it's Jax.

• Love 8

Oh, FFS. Michael is stupid enough to think Nelle had something to do with Ava dropping the full custody threat? It's ridiculous he wanted her to get in the middle of that nightmare.

It's pathetic that neither Nelle nor Michael have any same-age family or friends that they can ask to be their kid's guardian(s). You shouldn't ask people your parents' age to take on that possible responsibility.

Yeah, Sonny, Michael was at a long-term care facility—THAT JAX FOUND.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up forever, Griffin.

He's the worst. Sonny was a jerk the way he told Griffin that another doctor was handling Mike's case, but seriously, what did Griffin expect? He's sleeping with Sonny's mortal enemy (or one of them, at least). But Griffin also heard Sonny's side of the custody story without the necessary giant grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

The only way Carly could have been more conspicuous taking that pill is if she'd done it with her top off. I really dislike this implicit judgment that only "crazy" people need to see therapists and be on prescription drugs. Seeking treatment should not be equated with weakness, and Carly shouldn't feel ashamed for seeing Kevin.

Agreed, but in this particular case, Carly is getting treatment because of Sonny's coercion/control issues. It's especially gross because Sonny has admitted he sees a shrink three or four times a year merely to get his bipolar meds refilled. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, FFS. Michael is stupid enough to think Nelle had something to do with Ava dropping the full custody threat? It's ridiculous he wanted her to get in the middle of that nightmare.

It's pathetic that neither Nelle nor Michael have any same-age family or friends that they can ask to be their kid's guardian(s). You shouldn't ask people your parents' age to take on that possible responsibility.

It's realistic. Almost 3 million American grandparents are raising their grandchildren.  And Carly's not really that old.  She's what, 50, maybe?  So, when the kid turns 18 in 5 or 6 years, 10 years max, she won't even be retirement age yet.

• Love 1

Do parents really name their parents as guardians, though? Or do grandparents step up so the kids can stay together/don't have to go into the system? That's my question. And the point that Nelle and Michael are basically alone in their age group, save for Lauren, who's in her own bubble anyway.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Do parents really name their parents as guardians, though? Or do grandparents step up so the kids can stay together/don't have to go into the system? That's my question. And the point that Nelle and Michael are basically alone in their age group, save for Lauren, who's in her own bubble anyway.

I think, but I'm not sure, that my niece and nephew's guardian is their paternal grandmother.  If my parents had died when I was a kid, I would have gone to my paternal grandmother (and I was dreading the possibility).  

22 minutes ago, Katy M said:
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think, but I'm not sure, that my niece and nephew's guardian is their paternal grandmother.  If my parents had died when I was a kid, I would have gone to my paternal grandmother (and I was dreading the possibility).  

Interesting. In my family, aunts and uncles (i.e., siblings) are the guardians of choice. (Except for me; as a single woman, I am apparently unqualified to be a viable guardian. But that's a rant for another time and place.)

• Love 3
(edited)

The kid can go to Lulu and Dante. As if they wouldn't volunteer if something happened to Michael anyway. Or Brad and Lucas. Or even Kristina. It's plot point city to ask Carly. Not necessarily because she is older but because she is wacked.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava did mention getting the custody agreement in writing, surprisingly.

It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but you know that was the main reason Sonny didn't want Mike to have to testify. Because it would hurt Sonny, not because Mike would be humiliated. I'm a bit surprised some crumb wasn't dropped, though maybe that will still happen.

Oh yeah, that was 99% why Sonny didn't want Mike to have to testify. The other 1% was to stick it to Ava. I was expecting a crumb to be dropped as well, then I remembered what show I was watching, it wouldn't surprise me if they forgot the whole thing already.  And yeah, I was pleasantly surprised Ava mentioned getting the agreement in writing.

There is so much they can do with this field storyline, if the writers had any balls this could be an awesome way to finally get that smug self-centered asshole behind bars. So obviously they will never ever go there.

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I will forever pledge my devotion to this soap if they have Alcazar suddenly come back from the dead and shoot Sonny in the head during the Nurse's Ball, have Lucy request someone remove the body, and then go on with the show. Bonus points if the aftermath has Jason and Carly riding off into the sunset together never to be heard from again.

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  Will you please write the show?

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up forever, Griffin.

That sniveling pious hypocritical idiot. I guess he forgot he shot Nathan after sleeping with his wife and was forgiven.  I guess this'll be just another excuse to push Griffin into Kiki's arms.

Damn I hate Sonny so much it's unhealthy to have this much hate for a fictional character. Then again, I hate Nelle and Stella but the actors are talented enough to let me watch them. It's MB's fault. I wonder if one of his arms is longer than the other from patting himself on the back all the time. I'm not sure if I'm talking about Sonny or MB.

Edited because my computer went wonky as I was typing about Sonny. So actually it's Sonny's fault.

Edited by tveyeonyou
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The kid can go to Lulu and Dante. As if they wouldn't volunteer if something happened to Michael anyway. Or Brad and Lucas. Or even Kristina. It's plot point city to ask Carly. Not necessarily because she is older but because she is wacked.

Molly and TJ. Although they are young and just starting out their lives, they are also have been in a loving, serious committed relationship for years.

1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

That sniveling pious hypocritical idiot. I guess he forgot he shot Nathan after sleeping with his wife and was forgiven.  I guess this'll be just another excuse to push Griffin into Kiki's arms.

Nathan shot him though. Griffin still slept with Nathan's wife while he was a priest. 

• Love 2

When my kid was young, I trusted my parents most of all to look after her. My best friends were back-up. But it was such a relief when she finally got old enough that I didn't need to worry about that any more.

It makes no sense to name Jason as the baby's guardian.  Not only does he not care about his own children, it's amazing he's not dead yet given his line of work.  Sonny and Carly actually make more sense because the baby could be raised with Avery

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Agreed, but in this particular case, Carly is getting treatment because of Sonny's coercion/control issues. It's especially gross because Sonny has admitted he sees a shrink three or four times a year merely to get his bipolar meds refilled. 

In real life, that's not often enough.

I'd feel sorry for her. But it's Carly.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

Damn I hate Sonny so much it's unhealthy to have this much hate for a fictional character. Then again, I hate Nelle and Stella but the actors are talented enough to let me watch them. It's MB's fault. I wonder if one of his arms is longer than the other from patting himself on the back all the time. I'm not sure if I'm talking about Sonny or MB.

Edited because my computer went wonky as I was typing about Sonny. So actually it's Sonny's fault.

Co-sign it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm taking umbrage at Jordan's conversation with Dante, only because I don't think she'd be so unprofessional as to have that kind of personal talk with a co-worker while they're both on the clock. I'd feel differently if they'd been at Kelly's or somewhere other than the PCPD. Those scenes mostly functioned as a reminder that Jordan's been underserved as a character; outside of her job and her relationship with Curtis, she doesn't really have any defining links to the rest of the canvas.

The only way Carly could have been more conspicuous taking that pill is if she'd done it with her top off. I really dislike this implicit judgment that only "crazy" people need to see therapists and be on prescription drugs. Seeking treatment should not be equated with weakness, and Carly shouldn't feel ashamed for seeing Kevin.

Ava giving Lucy a check and then giving her the brush-off was perfection. Finally someone dropped the pretense that Lucy is anything more these days than an annoying mosquito hovering for lifeblood to fuel the Nurses' Ball.

And the fun will continue when Lucy looks at the check and and all the zeros have disappeared.   I wonder if she will do it in Carly's presence.   If so, does this mean that Ava will blamed for gaslighting Carly instead 0f Nelle ... because, if my guess is right, she used Nelle's pen when her own was out of ink??  

• Love 4

I thought it was uncool that Alexis ambushed Chase with Finn like that. There he was, pleased that he was gonna have a bite to eat with someone, and there pops up douchey brother. Maybe he doesn't feel like wrangling with him right now.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

And the fun will continue when Lucy looks at the check and and all the zeros have disappeared.   I wonder if she will do it in Carly's presence.   If so, does this mean that Ava will blamed for gaslighting Carly instead 0f Nelle ... because, if my guess is right, she used Nelle's pen when her own was out of ink??  

I imagine this is how Ava finds out what Nelle did. Lucy will complain about Ava giving her a blank check and Ava will realize that she used Nelle's pen. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I imagine this is how Ava finds out what Nelle did. Lucy will complain about Ava giving her a blank check and Ava will realize that she used Nelle's pen. 

Yes, it makes sense that things will play out this way.  So how long will Ava keep the secret??  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

....it's amazing he's not dead yet given his line of work.

And for five glorious years he was.  I miss those days. 

I feel nothing in Jason's scenes with Sam.  Whatever chem they had seems to be gone.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 16
On 4/29/2018 at 9:00 AM, statsgirl said:

For another,  not only is there an easy fix for the Mike situation -- give him a fulltime caregiver -- it's also something that's becoming increasingly necessary independent of Avery and Ava.

But there’s no time for that! The way the show is racing through this story, Mike will be dead or in hospice care before they could do the interviews and complete the background check.

I find this whole thing very irritating, because not only is the subject personally relevant to me, it’s a story that could be both informative and have a huge emotional impact if they just took a little time with it.  This used to be where soaps really excelled.  For example, with the Stone/Robin/AIDS story, they really took you on the whole journey.  If I’m being honest, at the time I felt like it was moving at a snail’s pace,  but in the end all the emotion was earned and the impact was huge.  This Alzheimer’s story will wrap up and be forgotten in a month.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava did mention getting the custody agreement in writing, surprisingly.

She said she would testify on Mike’s behalf if she got the agreement in writing.  But then weren’t they heading to court immediately? I hope Diane scribbled something on a napkin and got it signed along the way.

I admit, I only half pay attention during the current Sam/ Jason nonsense, but didn’t Sam just say she wanted to leave Aurora behind and go back to her real passion (insert eye roll), PI work? Something about not being suited to dressy office clothes? So why is she jerking Drew around by telling him she wants to stay on as partner?  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Depends what Ava can get for keeping the secret. I don't know what Nelle can give her right now.

Nelle knows about the DNA test on Ava's phone.  The one Griffin isn't supposed to know she has.  So each has something on the other.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I admit, I only half pay attention during the current Sam/ Jason nonsense, but didn’t Sam just say she wanted to leave Aurora behind and go back to her real passion (insert eye roll), PI work? Something about not being suited to dressy office clothes? So why is she jerking Drew around by telling him she wants to stay on as partner?  

To spy on Peter.  She caught Curtis sniffing around.  She told him she was going to meet Drew to hand over her shares of the company but once she knew Curtis was looking into Peter, she couldn't leave Drew "vulnerable" and will do Aurora until Curtis' finishes his investigation.  She's an ass. 

So she's hiding another thing from him again....this time to "protect him."  Sam is so selfless.  She has to wear dresses and sit behind the desk, but it's all for "poor Drew" who she can't tell the truth to.  Meanwhile she wears hobo clothing and types on a computer when she does her "PI" work.  So thrilling!!!!

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ciarra said:
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Depends what Ava can get for keeping the secret. I don't know what Nelle can give her right now.

Nelle knows about the DNA test on Ava's phone.  The one Griffin isn't supposed to know she has.  So each has something on the other.

This makes sense, since Ava would KNOW SOMETHING obliquely connected to Henrich and kept it from Sonny/Jason....

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I swear to god, if Ava gets blamed for gaslighting Carly and yet again loses custody of Avery,  I'm done.  This asinine note was played out years ago.

I could see this, and Ava may flip on Nelle, but that would mean, not Ava working with Sonny & Carly, but Sonny & Carly working with Ava, which is Hell Freezez Over Territory.

20 hours ago, Linny said:

In SonnyLogic(TM), Lucy is the reason Ava was burned up in the fire and almost killed in the Russian clinic, and the reason why Valentin was exonerated for Nicholas' death. At the least, Ava should have said "Fuck You" to Ava for the past year's misery.

In other news, Dr. Michael Easton doesn't want to be brothers with Detective Chase because he has some kind of Issues with their shared dad*.

My thoughts...

1) Oh gawd, is he a child molester too?

2) I wonder what soap alum they'll bring in to play their dad because, duh, that's gonna happen eventually.

* But wait, why are their last names different again?  It's not the mom they share?  I'm confoozed.

• Love 4

Griffin's moral posturing was out of control today, thank fuck Ava kept it real and told him she didn't regret a damn thing. Yeah, in a perfect world she wouldn't have to scrabble for access to her daughter, but when dealing with a vindictive ass like Sonny she has to be prepared to use extreme or unconventional force to create a level playing field. If she didn't take this opportunity then Sonny would just continue to railroad her, I don't know why that's so hard for Griffin to understand.

Sam and her multiple divorces have to constitute about 50% of Alexis' business by now, right? It's disappointing that her marriage to Drew is so disposable to her. She's not even considering a simple separation while working through her feelings, she's easily ready to cut all ties, and that's what bothers me the most. 

"Look no further. Henrik's mother is right here." Blink twice if that's an English sentence you can comprehend, Jason, because your face is as blank as ever.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

* But wait, why are their last names different again?  It's not the mom they share?  I'm confoozed.

One or both of them have a stepfather's name? One or both of them changed their last name because of issues with dad?  One of them is in the witness protection program?  one of them had amnesia at one point in life, got a new name and just decided to keep it? 

Just now, Linny said:

Sam and her multiple divorces have to constitute about 50% of Alexis' business by now, right? It's disappointing that her marriage to Drew is so disposable to her. She's not even considering a simple separation while working through her feelings, she's easily ready to cut all ties, and that's what bothers me the most. 

But her marriage to Jason predates her marriage to DRew and therefore takes precedence.  At least in my eyes.  I'm glad this doesn't happen all that often in real life. 

• Love 1
(edited)

MW's hair is really bad. Color and cut. Dark roots coming through the bleach.

The back especially looks like someone cut into it with a hatchet. 

Wonder why she keeps changing it?

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

Does Griffin even have a clue as to what Sonny did to get full custody of Avery?

That's my question too.  I'm not watching but doesn't Griffin know that Ava has to beg for every minute of time she gets with Avery?  Assuming Griffin agrees that Ava is not a danger to Avery and she should have more access, what is his problem?  He knows Sonny is never going to willingly relent and give Ava more access.  So, she used methods that Sonny understands because he uses the same methods.  I wish someone would tell Griffin how Sonny ended up with legal custody of Michael.  Would it change his feelings about Ava if he knew Sonny hung Michael's father on a meat hook to get him to sign his rights away?

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

That's my question too.  I'm not watching but doesn't Griffin know that Ava has to beg for every minute of time she gets with Avery?  Assuming Griffin agrees that Ava is not a danger to Avery and she should have more access, what is his problem?  He knows Sonny is never going to willingly relent and give Ava more access.  So, she used methods that Sonny understands because he uses the same methods.  I wish someone would tell Griffin how Sonny ended up with legal custody of Michael.  Would it change his feelings about Ava if he knew Sonny hung Michael's father on a meat hook to get him to sign his rights away?

Count me in as wondering that as well. Does Griffin know that when Kiki was in the ICU fighting for her life Sonny anonymously sent her a dead black rose and used that potential of a threat to take Avery "until Ava was back on her feet" and proceeded to not give her back and use the sex tape with Paul to blackmail Ava into giving away the SOLE LEGAL custody she had? Has Ava told him that story during pillow-talk? Unless Kiki is undermining Ava and feeding Griffin bad information, which I wouldn't put it past her.

I want Ava to come back at Griffin with reminding him of how hard he fought for Charlotte for those five minutes Claudette had convinced him he was Charlotte's father, and why he doesn't think it's right for her to do the same thing for her child.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

It's disappointing that her marriage to Drew is so disposable to her. She's not even considering a simple separation while working through her feelings, she's easily ready to cut all ties, and that's what bothers me the most. 

I thought she was just following his lead. He immediately took off his ring and moved out, then he showed up a couple weeks ago talking about dividing their assets. This despite the fact that he does not actually have any assets - except for Aurora, and that's because of Sam

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
(edited)

The one thing that no one mentions in the Sonny/Ava custody issue is that while Ava was pregnant, Sonny told everyone who would listen that he would kill Ava once she had the baby.  That's why she was in hiding at Kiki and Morgan's house (I think).  While Ava is no saint, Sonny is truly disgusting, IMO.

Edited by norahs99
  • Love 15

There is something about Sonny that apparently has the power to turn people's brains to mush.  It's ridiculous that Griffin is attacking Ava and giving Sonny a pass for worse behaviour.  And apparently being related to Duke means that Griffin thinks that being in the mob makes you special and blameless.

16 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I find this whole thing very irritating, because not only is the subject personally relevant to me, it’s a story that could be both informative and have a huge emotional impact if they just took a little time with it.  This used to be where soaps really excelled.  For example, with the Stone/Robin/AIDS story, they really took you on the whole journey.  If I’m being honest, at the time I felt like it was moving at a snail’s pace,  but in the end all the emotion was earned and the impact was huge.  This Alzheimer’s story will wrap up and be forgotten in a month.

The actors playing Mike, Dante and Stella are really giving it their all.  But do you know who did this storyline better? Supergirl.

38 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But her marriage to Jason predates her marriage to DRew and therefore takes precedence.  At least in my eyes.  I'm glad this doesn't happen all that often in real life. 

Her marriage to Jason predates her marriage to Drew but if it were the case that your first marriage has precedence over any future ones, no one who was divorced would get married again.

Apparently Jason also the power to turn people's brains to mush because Sam "I don't want to talk about shared assets or custody, just get me my divorce " has also  developed mushy brain.

As much as I hate to agree, Alexis was right about the custody arrangements  Hey Sam, remember when Ric tried to take Molly away from Alexis? And you were sleeping with him?  Good times.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LillyB said:

Why does Griffin think that Sonny is a paragon of virtue? Is he blind to the evil that Sonny does?

Yes.  And they're both Catholic.  Redemption for all, unless your name is Julian.

I don't know why Griffin just accepted Sonny calling him unethical, and didn't refuse to treat Mike further.  If I called my doctor unethical, I'd be looking for a new one.  Sonny was playing him, trying to drive a wedge between Ava and Griffin, and Griff remained clueless.   A toddler could have seen behind Sonny's motives.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Her marriage to Jason predates her marriage to Drew but if it were the case that your first marriage has precedence over any future ones, no one who was divorced would get married again.

She didn't get divorced though.  That's the difference. She didn't throw away her marriage to Jason.  She thought he was dead.  However, if I were to divorce, I wouldnt' marry again, because I consider my marriage vows to be forever.  If they are broken, I'm not free to make new ones.

21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She didn't get divorced though.  That's the difference. She didn't throw away her marriage to Jason.  She thought he was dead.  However, if I were to divorce, I wouldnt' marry again, because I consider my marriage vows to be forever.  If they are broken, I'm not free to make new ones.

That's not Sam, though.  

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aww, Sam is going back to Sonny and Carly! That's so sweet! 

Pass the barf bag. This whole thing is ridiculous.

This is NOT a triangle. Sam is speaking and acting completely differently then she was a month ago and nowhere in that time did she ever act like or talk about how Drew was suffocating her and she didn't want to work at Aurora. This is not how a triangle works, Show.

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm just curious. In all the divorce happenings, have Sam and Jason finally shared a kiss again or are they still declaring their great fated love, while sitting miles apart?

eta: There are so many elements of ridiculousness in this whole storyline. Any writers worth their salt would have had Sam go through her whole confused/need to find myself and figure things out, as soon as Jason was confirmed to be Jason and Drew was not. 

Sam and Drew never should have been remarried. I honestly thought the writers were going to come up with some contrived reason to have the wedding not take place and was shocked when the wedding actually happened. 

And there should have been some believable tension between Sam and Jason. Granted, that one may not be on the writers' head. But the point is, there should have been enough done to emotionally sell this storyline but there wasn't. Instead, they've just made Sam act like she has split personalities or something. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm just curious. In all the divorce happenings, have Sam and Jason finally shared a kiss again or are they still declaring their great fated love, while sitting miles apart?

They haven't so much has shaken hands.  

• Love 8

Sam divorced Jason soon after he got back because she wanted to marry Drew. Alexis advised her to wait to get married again but Sam wanted to marry Drew RIGHT NOW.

They're really selling JaSam as the real thing now. Not only does she want to reconnect with Sonny and Carly now,  she's even wearing light grey instead of her usual black.

• Love 2
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

They haven't so much has shaken hands.  

No, seriously? SERIOUSLY? Okay, I know I've commented on the chemistry between KeMo and Burton being borderline lukewarm right now but damn, do the actors truly hate each other or something? Who is writing this shit? This is not how you do romantic and emotional reunions. 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

eta: There are so many elements of ridiculousness in this whole storyline. Any writers worth their salt would have had Sam go through her whole confused/need to find myself and figure things out, as soon as Jason was confirmed to be Jason and Drew was not. 

Sam and Drew never should have been remarried. I honestly thought the writers were going to come up with some contrived reason to have the wedding not take place and was shocked when the wedding actually happened. 

And there should have been some believable tension between Sam and Jason. Granted, that one may not be on the writers' head. But the point is, there should have been enough done to emotionally sell this storyline but there wasn't. Instead, they've just made Sam act like she has split personalities or something. 

Nope.  Their fans won't admit it, but outside of the teary eyed shit...there is nothing going there.  And now they don't even have much of that because they're in close proximity & Drew is out of the picture, and they haven't even touched by "accident."   Yeah, it's bad......

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam divorced Jason soon after he got back because she wanted to marry Drew. Alexis advised her to wait to get married again but Sam wanted to marry Drew RIGHT NOW.

They're really selling JaSam as the real thing now. Not only does she want to reconnect with Sonny and Carly now,  she's even wearing light grey instead of her usual black.

This story has been so poorly written from the start.  Because from what we saw Sam wasn't longing for Jason or doubting Drew *at all.*  But now we're supposed to believe she was living a lie.  Uh-huh.

• Love 12