Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Did Roger Howarth totally stumble over Maurice Bernard's lines because Maurice can't talk fast enough? When they were in the cell it seemed like MB wasn't finished with his line and RH just said WTF and just said his next line. I still don't get why everyone wants to work with Bernard. He's beyond awful!!

Roger Howarth talks over everyone's lines on this show. 

• Love 7

Tracy is the only bright spot on GH for this viewer lately.

At the very least, Tony Geary does seem to be able to get most of his co-workers to step up in their acting (Lulu, Dante, Johnny, Michael) and I'd much rather the focus of this show center on Tony Geary any day of the week than have it centered on Maurice Bernard.  YMMV.

Agree that Tracy is a big bright spot on GH lately, but strongly disagree that Tony Geary is the one who is bringing out the best from his co-workers. Indeed, it is they (for example, Dante prone on the floor in the basement, comatose) who are managing to do their work in the same venue with the out-of-control scenery chewing, baseball-bat-carrying cadaver that Tony G is playing. 

I suspect that any balancing force, such as a competent sober director, was eliminated early by a few deadly swats with that baseball bat. [sarcasm]

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 6

It's a toss-up as to who is more spry on their feet at this point, Bill or Duke.

4laPKJl.jpg?2

Wait, are we sure this isn't TG playing the corpse??

On the one hand, I'm like "no, no more f'ng kidnappings!"

On the other, I feel better thinking of Robin at least having Laura and Lucky to hang with while in Helena's captivity.

I'd totally watch that show.  Can we replace current GH with Robin, Laura, and Lucky in lockup?  Please. Ron can play out the GH he's writing on his Twitter account. 

I'm pretty sure Jake is Luke. Makes as much sense as anything else.

And Fluke is brainwashed Jason.  Or the corpse is Jason.  Either way. 

• Love 6

But then where is poor old bitter Bill?

It's still Bill! Probably not.

I also cannot get over Evil Fluke taunting Luke about "killing everyone he loves" while Laura, Lucky, Dirty Dodge, Laura and Laura are not on-canvas. Give me a break, Ron. No one buys that. "Oh, we don't have the money, they're not available!" Then why do this plot point?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

lol Dirty Dodge. Not mentioning him is proper and right. He's about as relevant as Jimmy Lee Holt at this point, as it should be. So watch, on Monday it will be revealed that it was Ethan's off-screen death that made Luke snap.

• Love 2
I think the corpse is Bill. I think the show may attempt to make us think it's Luke. It will probably try to fake us out several times even. I'll probably fall for it a couple of times lol.

Oh, I'm sure there will be yet more twists before this is done. Yet, I can't say I'll fall for any of them because I'm so divested that I'm barely following what they are.

You know, when they say that Ron was halfway through his pitch to Tony and Tony said "yes!" and jumped at it, I've been assuming that Ron couldn't even get half a sentence out.  Now, I'm pretty sure Ron was about an hour and a half in before Tony finally said, "If I agree to stay and do it, will you shut up?"

• Love 5

I've seen someone theorizing that [the corpse is Tim Spencer]. I'll be surprised but I definitely wouldn't say it's not.

But then where is poor old bitter Bill?

Where he has always been - six feet under and resting peacefully.

Much as I would like the corpse to turn out to be Tim Spencer, I do rather think it's going to be Bill.  Long shot, the corpse is Pat.

Did Roger Howarth totally stumble over Maurice Bernard's lines because Maurice can't talk fast enough? When they were in the cell it seemed like MB wasn't finished with his line and RH just said WTF and just said his next line. I still don't get why everyone wants to work with Bernard. He's beyond awful!!

For a long time, especially for women, latching onto Bernard was a good way to get yourself front and center on the show.  So I expect actors wanted to work with Bernard for sound tactical reasons.  Now, however, who knows.

• Love 1

I'm sure Ron has at least a half dozen "twists" waiting for us before his fakakta storyline is done.

I'm seriously convinced Ron needs a hug now. But I'm not giving it to him.

Who shall volunteer as a tribute?

Not in this lifetime or any other.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 7

lol Dirty Dodge. Not mentioning him is proper and right. He's about as relevant as Jimmy Lee Holt at this point, as it should be. So watch, on Monday it will be revealed that it was Ethan's off-screen death that made Luke snap.

If they reveal this all came about because of Luke's forbidden sexual lust for his own illegitimate son I will forgive this entire year-plus storyline.

And yes, I admit I did only mention Ethan to troll you.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

If this is Luke with DID, I hope that it not only relates back to Jake's death but that the SNAP came in the moment when he slapped Lucky on the Haunted Star. The way JJ and TG played that (and TG always brings his A game when he is with JJ) Luke suddenly saw himself as His Father Tim, with all the same faults and flaws. If DID Luke thinks he is crazy ass Tim Spencer, that this could all work, especially if it re-visits the hit and run and we get a real break down from Luke.

It could also melt nicely into TG's next break as he goes to visit Lucky and mend fences

• Love 3

If DID Luke thinks he is crazy ass Tim Spencer, that this could all work, especially if it re-visits the hit and run and we get a real break down from Luke.

The whole audience will have a breakdown first from witnessing the trainwreck. 

If this party is a celebration for the revitalization of gritty inner PC city, why aren't the newly elected Mayor, Police Commissioner, Judge whom Monica is dating etc invited or attending? That's the kind of publicity that they would be coveting.

Maybe if they are LOD members Luke told them a story to stay away from the party?

If they reveal this all came about because of Luke's forbidden sexual lust for his own illegitimate son I will forgive this entire year-plus storyline.

And yes, I admit I did only mention Ethan to troll you.

aw drat am I that predictable with comes to poor old Jimmy Lee Lovett? Sadly if they actually followed through on Kristina and Ethan I probably would now be talking about how he was the best retcon ever.

• Love 1

My DVR has decided that recording two shows at once is just too much effort, so I have not seen the last two episodes. And, after reading y'all's thoughts and some recaps I think my DVR has the right idea.

I really don't care anymore. I was in college during Luke&Laura and watched off and on for years. I was pretty faithful through the nineties and aughts, though I did miss most of Tamara's Carly and SWMNBN.

I started watching DOOL again this past summer, after decades away. It is not the show it used to be, but it is so much more likeable. The sleezy guy who came to town trying to take over just got gunned down. There are people I have known for 30+ years still walking around town and behaving (and looking) mostly like themeselves.

GH becoming General Pentonville/Ferncliffe has totally turned me off. The Tony Geary vanity project is ridiculous. I've posted before that the show was taking me only ten minutes. Now it will take me none at all. If this was Ron's goal, he wins.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 8

I also cannot get over Evil Fluke taunting Luke about "killing everyone he loves" while Laura, Lucky, Dirty Dodge, Laura and Laura are not on-canvas.

I thought at one point that FLuke had told HElena that he was setting up the bomb, to get rid of everyone in town who was bothering him in terms of possibly figuring out that he wasn't the "real" Luke.  So Laura, LUcky and Ethan being/living out of town, wouldn't bother him.  

Of course, having everyone LUke loves blowed up real good would bring those three back to town to yeah, I got nothing.

I started watching DOOL again this past summer, after decades away. It is not the show it used to be, but it is so much more likeable. The sleezy guy who came to town trying to take over just got gunned down. There are people I have known for 30+ years still walking around town and behaving (and looking) mostly like themeselve...GH becoming General Pentonville/Ferncliffe has totally turned me off. The Tony Geary vanity project is ridiculous.

This show was much better before Luke Spenser arrive in PC.  The recent Tony Geary vanity project was disgusting.  Since he is on vacation so much, I guess I don't mind him as much as some of y'all.  I transfer my disgust not for Luke - rather for Sonny.  Sonny and Luke and the Cassadines - and their ilk - have taken the hospital out of this misnamed soap opera.   Maybe the audience ratings prefer to tune in to watch the exciting action that Sonny and his ilk brings and they surely don't turn to this soap opera to watch a soap opera about drama at a hospital.  Can you imagine what this soap would have been like with the Jeromes as doctors?  Put Morgan and TJ and Alexis' kid in medical school. That would have been fun to watch.  I too hear the barge beckoning like it did the first time Bill Eckhart came to town.

• Love 1

This show was much better before Luke Spenser arrive in PC.  The recent Tony Geary vanity project was disgusting.  Since he is on vacation so much, I guess I don't mind him as much as some of y'all.  I transfer my disgust not for Luke - rather for Sonny.  Sonny and Luke and the Cassadines - and their ilk - have taken the hospital out of this misnamed soap opera.   Maybe the audience ratings prefer to tune in to watch the exciting action that Sonny and his ilk brings and they surely don't turn to this soap opera to watch a soap opera about drama at a hospital.  Can you imagine what this soap would have been like with the Jeromes as doctors?  Put Morgan and TJ and Alexis' kid in medical school. That would have been fun to watch.  I too hear the barge beckoning like it did the first time Bill Eckhart came to town.

To be fair the orginal Jeromes were connected directly to Anna and Duke.Lucy was partly responsable For Victor Jeromes death and scotty put victor and Olivia away.However somehow the Jeromes now are all about sonny just like everything has to be.

You know reading some fanfiction this show could have had a good young 20s group at one time.

Edited by Harmony233

I'm sure the minute the Fluke story is finished Geary will leave for another 6 week vacation. Whenever the heck it will be is anybody's guess. I would think Fluke gets resolved during February sweeps, right? Fingers and toes crossed! The break out of jail was beyond dumb but I must say that DeVry & Bernard looked really good in police uniforms. Maybe, it's the fur on the collar. LOL!!! I'm looking forward to seeing Grayson McCouch. I know he was doing a bad Maurice Bernard/Eric Braden impersonation but he was awesome to look at. BTW! Will Monica be apart of this AJ benefit on the Haunted Star? Probably not because RC either sucks or he hates Leslie Charlston.

• Love 1

This show was much better before Luke Spenser arrive in PC. The recent Tony Geary vanity project was disgusting. Since he is on vacation so much, I guess I don't mind him as much as some of y'all. I transfer my disgust not for Luke - rather for Sonny.

I think the reason i have so much disgust for Luke, and for Tony Geary, is that from 93 until about 02, Luke was one of my favorite characters and Tony one of my favorite actors. Luke was a good guy, but he was as far from boring as possible. I loved his all of his relationships from JJ's Lucky to Lucy and most importantly Bobbie and Laura. I thought it was so cool that he ran a club and had this dark adventurous side, but also clearly loved his family. And Tony had such an amazing chemistry, totally different types of chemistry with everyone from Stephan Nichols to Lynn Herring.

I the two best performances that I ever saw Tony give were two that he barely had any lines, one episode in which he is maybe on screen for two minutes. The episode where Bobbie came over to the Spencer house to take care of Liz after her rape, Tony and Jackie played so much with just a look. Nothing needed to be said because they said more than could fit in 38 minutes with just a look. The other episode was where Luke calls someone to tell then that Stone had died of AIDS. All Luke was doing was passing on information, yet Tony played so much in his face and posture, as Luke was obviously thinking about Robin and her life, and was obviously haunted by the deaths of Robert & Anna.

And then 2002 came, Genie left seemingly for good with a disgraceful exit for Laura, and Tony and the show immediately started to retcon history and change Luke into a one note douche. And then at some point, Tony's acting became hammier and hammier, and now it's devolved into whatever the hell he's been doing with the ever changing and ever more laughable accents as Fluke.

So at this point if the show wanted to retcon it that Luke has been brainwashed or had DID or been not Luke at all ala Bill replaced him, back in 2002, i would gladly accept it.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 14

I wouldn't want all of Luke's action this past decade and a half to retconned, but I feel frustrations for the same reasons you do, that Tony kept pushing for Luke to do these shittier and shittier things, and it's particularly frustrating because Luke was no saint in the 90s, even during the Labine era. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't want all of Luke's action this past decade and a half to retconned, but I feel frustrations for the same reasons you do, that Tony kept pushing for Luke to do these shittier and shittier things, and it's particularly frustrating because Luke was no saint in the 90s, even during the Labine era.

Exactly! The way he treated Nik and Laura when Nik was revealed was awful. And I hated when he slept with Felicia. I think I actually cried the day Felicia had to testify and reveal to everyone that she and Luke had slept together when he was accused of killing someone or something. I loved Luke & Laura and Mac & Felicia and hated that those two had ruined everything. Luke did shifty things, a lot more than those two, but he was extremely dynamic and at his core loved his family.

The retcons and everything else since 2002 stripped all that dynamism away.

• Love 4

I'm not a big Luke fan I hated the propping he got in the 80s.It was as bad as the sonny propping.However when they say shit like Luke never wanted kids or never wanted to settle down ect it annoys the crap out of me.

• Love 5

Educate me, please.  Who is Ivy?

The woman who Nik apparently stole from her date at NYE.  

As much as I hate that Monica likely won't be at the party for the AJ clinic, it's probably for the best that she isn't.  If Ron thought two seconds about her being there, he'd probably decide that it was time to kill her off, and it would be poignant, or some such shit, to off her at the party for the clinic named after her last dead child.  He'd probably kill her in the crapper.

Either that, or Sonny would save her, and she, Michael, and the rest of the town would kiss his ass. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

I'm looking forward to seeing Grayson McCouch.

amen! Although I almost didn't recognize him when he had that very brief role on "Gotham" as Bruce Wayne's dad. Anna deserves a hot love interest. She's been saddled with Duke and Luke since her return. 

• Love 1

I'm also annoyed that they couldn't bother having Liz at the clinic party.  The show's efforts to make me forget all about Quiz will.  Not.  Work.

to be honest, I don't think the writers are trying to make people forget about Quiz as much as they've forgotten about it themselves. (I'm not complaining, because to be honest I'm one of the people who barely remember they dated, but I definitely understand how it's annoying for those who do.)

I mean it's a shame, the whole town really should be there, but they can't because of budget. They could have probably stood for Maxie not to come and replaced her with Liz or Monica, does she really have to be there? Or Sabrina? Everyone else, I get why they're there. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Casting Maura and William as sibling doctors instead of as the Jeromes would have been really fantastic mostly because I think both actors can make anything work and elevate it. Witness what they've done the past two years with crap material. They could still be crooks - always one step ahead of a malpractice suit and/or getting fired but always getting away with whatever - and it would have put the emphasis on ... the hospital. The show in my head is so good. :)

• Love 4

Casting Maura and William as sibling doctors instead of as the Jeromes would have been really fantastic mostly because I think both actors can make anything work and elevate it. Witness what they've done the past two years with crap material. They could still be crooks - always one step ahead of a malpractice suit and/or getting fired but always getting away with whatever - and it would have put the emphasis on ... the hospital. The show in my head is so good. :)

me too of course have all kinds of ideas in my head.One is rebuilding famalies like the q's and Hardys and rebuilding the hospital and getting rid of useless characters.Trying to write multi generation stories.

Yeah its a shame that every character these days is connected to the mob and sonny in some way how boring ugh.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1

Any ideas what story line is going to catch our fancy once this Fluke/Luke and Big Bad Helena story is finally concluded?  Sure, we still have Jake/Jason but after that what is coming down the pike?  I am not seeing much of anything of interest.  Sam flooding PC with more of her tears? Sonny and whatever?  Michael reverting to his Sonny Apologist role?  Say what you will, this Fluke/Helena story has kept us guessing for a long, long time now. Yes, I too am ready for some damn answers!

• Love 1

My DVR has decided that recording two shows at once is just too much effort, so I have not seen the last two episodes. And, after reading y'all's thoughts and some recaps I think my DVR has the right idea.

I really don't care anymore. I was in college during Luke&Laura and watched off and on for years. I was pretty faithful through the nineties and aughts, though I did miss most of Tamara's Carly and SWMNBN.

I started watching DOOL again this past summer, after decades away. It is not the show it used to be, but it is so much more likeable. The sleezy guy who came to town trying to take over just got gunned down. There are people I have known for 30+ years still walking around town and behaving (and looking) mostly like themeselves.

GH becoming General Pentonville/Ferncliffe has totally turned me off. The Tony Geary vanity project is ridiculous. I've posted before that the show was taking me only ten minutes. Now it will take me none at all. If this was Ron's goal, he wins.

You and I are about the same age from your descriptions, so maybe it's our age talking (I doubt it), but I have rediscovered Days as well and love it. I like turning it on and seeing characters I remember from 30 years ago still being there. I like that older characters (ones even older than I am) are still on the show and somewhat driving story or at least not considered too old to be around the younger generation. Good soaps were always about multi-generations and the last 2-3 GH writers forgot that or in Ron's case just pays it lip service. He must think he is using the vets because Monica has a love interest even though the guy is an ass and their relationship happens 90% off-screen with the remaining 10% as plot points.

• Love 3

And think about what AJ was to Morgan. He was the guy that help kidnap him from Letic..err, Carly and Sonny when he was a small child and let him think that Michael was dead and unlike everyone else, he never did a thing to AJ. Come to find out years later that he was basically hiding behind Monica's skirt. Whether or not AJ actually wanted to kidnap girlchild and Morgan or if it was part of Faith's own vendetta against Sonny, AJ never really said. He never gave an apology to Morgan about what AJ let happen to him. And I really don't think Morgan was actively covering up for Sonny. He was blindsided by the information, kept quiet about and then decided to use to protect who he thought was the mother of his unborn child. Michael has done similar things (he went straight to Sonny when he suspected that Dante was a cop, knowing full well what he would do) and would have done it if was anyone else, but he it was him.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

I'm not a big Luke fan I hated the propping he got in the 80s.It was as bad as the sonny propping.However when they say shit like Luke never wanted kids or never wanted to settle down ect it annoys the crap out of me.

I hate Luke and I hate the propping he gets at all times.

Sonny has yet to rape someone who then calls him the love of their life. 

Casting Maura and William as sibling 

Works. Best platonic duo this show's seen in a long long. 

I wish that instead of the crap material, they are given more familial material. Does Luke even know of the existence of his aunt? Has Ava and Sam crossed paths since they found out they are blooms related?

So many mixed opportunities. 

• Love 1

I hate Luke and I hate the propping he gets at all times.

Sonny has yet to rape someone who then calls him the love of their life. 

Well, give it time.   Sonny's done every other heinous thing in the book, including murdering innocents, so he's almost run out of other story lines ...  

I'm not sure if it's better or worse, now that the show seems to have finally acknowledged that Sonny is an unmitigated asshole.   Port Charles is still stuck with him and he's not even following any damn "code" anymore!

For the record, I loathe both Sonny and Luke.  Both had their moments of having a heart and trying to be likable (I'd wager Luke had far more of them), but ever since the early '00s, for both characters it's been like "yeah, we're jackasses.  And?"   

I'll take my deep thoughts on Luke to the Spencer thread ...

• Love 6

Casting Maura and William as sibling doctors instead of as the Jeromes would have been really fantastic

I can barely accept William deVry as a human from planet Earth, let alone a doctor. That would be even more awkward than Dr. Michael Easton. I think weird-ass metrosexual, impenetrably smug Julian is about his range and works for him.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I think the reason i have so much disgust for Luke, and for Tony Geary, is that from 93 until about 02, Luke was one of my favorite characters and Tony one of my favorite actors. Luke was a good guy, but he was as far from boring as possible. I loved his all of his relationships from JJ's Lucky to Lucy and most importantly Bobbie and Laura. I thought it was so cool that he ran a club and had this dark adventurous side, but also clearly loved his family. And Tony had such an amazing chemistry, totally different types of chemistry with everyone from Stephan Nichols to Lynn Herring.

I the two best performances that I ever saw Tony give were two that he barely had any lines, one episode in which he is maybe on screen for two minutes. The episode where Bobbie came over to the Spencer house to take care of Liz after her rape, Tony and Jackie played so much with just a look. Nothing needed to be said because they said more than could fit in 38 minutes with just a look. The other episode was where Luke calls someone to tell then that Stone had died of AIDS. All Luke was doing was passing on information, yet Tony played so much in his face and posture, as Luke was obviously thinking about Robin and her life, and was obviously haunted by the deaths of Robert & Anna.

And then 2002 came, Genie left seemingly for good with a disgraceful exit for Laura, and Tony and the show immediately started to retcon history and change Luke into a one note douche. And then at some point, Tony's acting became hammier and hammier, and now it's devolved into whatever the hell he's been doing with the ever changing and ever more laughable accents as Fluke.

So at this point if the show wanted to retcon it that Luke has been brainwashed or had DID or been not Luke at all ala Bill replaced him, back in 2002, i would gladly accept it.

• Love 1

The only thing I could accept is frankenRon have DID and they think the audience is brainwashed. I am confused ,but not as much as Ron. I keep coming here, so I don't watch any of the show. Now I also don't care enough to watch, Luke, Fluke, Bill etc. I don't care. I feel the same about the rest of the show as I do about Sonny. Nothing. I don't hate Sonny with the fire from a thousand suns ,I just don't care at all. Maybe all the cast will be on the boat IT WILL BE BLOWN SKY HIGH,NO MORE CHARACTERS PROBLEM SOLVED.

I'm also annoyed that they couldn't bother having Liz at the clinic party.  The show's efforts to make me forget all about Quiz will.  Not.  Work.

They couldn't have Liz at the clinic party because they couldn't find a dress that was ugly enough to surpass the two ugly dresses she has worn in the past year!