Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Was Faison's original scheme to get control of Sonny's territory because reasons?

Yes. I think now they want to claim - three years later - that it was all part of the larger conspiracy with Fluke/Eckert and Helena. It's the long journey, you guys!

• Love 3

But it turns out she didn't, right, we found out today Nik did that on his own for...why again?

Hmmm, okay apparently I wasn't paying enough attention. And Nik did this why?

Because Emily is dead. He's reclaiming his Cassadine-ness.

It makes no sense, naturally.

Ah thank you for the answer!

Hmmm, okay apparently I wasn't paying enough attention. And Nik did this why?

I was only half paying attention (and I skipped watching Tuesdays show all together) but he mentioned something about covering for Spencer?  That Sloane dude came to the island and made a deal with Nikolas about keeping Spencer out of trouble.  Or something.  I might be completely off.

Yep. Love has done him wrong, and he's not going to take it anymore.

Oh, this is fucking ridiculous. I have no problem with Nikolas going dark in the right context and within the narrative, but this literally happened overnight.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Yeah, the Prince of Douchey Tides decided it's not his fault he's made one disastrous decision after another over the last few years, he's not responsible, it's the fickle hands of fate or...something.

But he also said something about Sloane threatening Spencer...or something...I dunno, you guys.

I mean, what he said about being tired of suppressing his more Cassadine instincts was interesting, but tying it to Emily was not.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
The last few posts reminded me that Robin is apparently integral to Helena's plans too.  I assume she's again chained to a lab table.  So what does Helena have her working on?  Building her an army of every character who's ever died on this show?

If it means we could get Georgie back I'm all for it!

I'm willing to believe Nik is playing a long game of trying to get control of his finances back from Helena. If it all leads to Stefan, I won't complain.

Yeah, the Prince of Douchey Tides decided it's not his fault he's made one disastrous decision after another over the last few years, he's not responsible, it's the fickle hands of fate or...something.

"Damn you cruel fate for messing my attempt at moving on from Emily by hooking up with my brother's ex-wife while they were still dating and then they got engaged! How could it have gone so wrong!"

• Love 7

I do hope Nikolas seemingly swearing off love means we won't be subjected to more of him and that random chick from NYE.

ETA...but oh lord, does today mean we're in for scenes of Ghost!Emily wailing at Nikolas, "Turn back towards the light, my darling, turn back towards the light!"?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
I'm willing to believe Nik is playing a long game of trying to get control of his finances back from Helena. If it all leads to Stefan, I won't complain.

I'd love it to lead to Stefan's return, but I fear it's just leading to "Stavros is still alive!" part 134. 

• Love 3

LoL Wow this made more sense in the 80s with Scotty after laura dumped him.With Nik not so much.I have no problem with Nik remebering Emily a pet peeve of mine on soaps is when a character isn't allowed to remeber his or her spouse.However other than Emily dying don't remeber Nik having it bad in the love department lol.

I'd love it to lead to Stefan's return, but I fear it's just leading to "Stavros is still alive!" part 134. 

I'm hoping that at least embryo baby will prevent us seeing Stavros again.

That Sloane dude came to the island and made a deal with Nikolas about keeping Spencer out of trouble.

But, of course we're supposed to not remember that all Spencer did was fish the box out of the water. He wouldn't get in trouble for that. The one thing that is kid-like that he did was to hide the box in his toy chest, if that part of Nik's story was true. 

The people who would get in trouble would be the ones (Jordan and Shawn) who threw it in the water (for Lucy and Duke). 

So, essentially, it's what double zout said: It makes no sense. 

So what does Helena have her working on?  Building her an army of every character who's ever died on this show?

If that's the case, we'll need Doctor Who. At least he knows how to defeat an army of the dead. 

Edited by rur

Maybe Helena's master plan to get ELQ is a back from the dead AJ. I can only hope.

I came back to the show for Rick Hearst and how they were putting him and Liz back together. I went back and watched the orignal storyline introducing him and that was some fantastic chemistry. At least until Guza ruined Ric.

I'm a sucker for couples. Loved the little scene today with Sam under the desk. It was just cute.

Watching Carly get the smackdown from Michael warms every fiber of my being. I know it won't last, but it will be fun for now.

• Love 2

Guess Anna won't be getting it on with agent Sloan.  It's sad, because Sloan is the only guy since Robert that Anna doesn't need to throw a sheet over his head before she beds him.   Yeah, I'm talkin' 'bout you Luke and Duke.

Edited by ciarra

The only Cassadine I wouldn't mind seeing on this show is the one RC will never bring back.

• Love 2

How ironic, Nik. Britt would have been down with that evil shit. You got mad at her for lying, then you commit federal crimes. But.... but... as long as Lulu, Laura, Badly Named Child, Sammy, Alexis, Molly, and Danny Boy are safe.... we are cool? But... you can screw over this dude who just lost his father to murder via murder by his other father as covered by his mother and was raped in prison a couple years ago and is finally turning his back on the mob shit that put him in prison (where he was raped) and is trying to do good and honor his father's legacy? You, a father of a weird little child who will get bullied in like anyday, are choosing to screw over this practical orphan...... and screw over your beloved dead wife's family. It's not love that screwed you over. It's that you are and always have been selfish, while pretending to be otherwise. You ignored your child and treated him like an adult when it suited you, and now that it's a bother and he's with other kids and has to be a kid, you are picking and choosing parenting.

Nik, you are the worst. And Carly, Sonny, and Liesel are on this show.

• Love 6

Knock....Knock...KnockKnock........Bam...BAM...BAMBAMBAMBAM!!

"Oh Jake i'm SO SORRY TO DISTURB YOU.  I'LL GO AWAY.  I'M SORRY.  I SHOULDN'T BE HERE" -

And she just stands there with those sad eyes eating her hair, while Pickle Relish for Brains stares at her....but does she go away?  Nah...none of us get that lucky.

Jake Dick should be getting the message about now that being nice to Snarly comes with a price - a big one.  Anytime she feels sad, anytime she needs someone to bolster her delusional world view, it's BATTER UP to whatever shmuck she's designated for the role.  Is it any surprise - any at all? - that the only one around to fill that role right now is some brain-damaged homeless guy who lacks the ability to be think coherently?  

Finally, there's a guy in town who is PERFECT for Snarly.  And of course it's new version of Jason.....

Carly, STFU!!  She's on every day and I just can't stand to hear her go on and on and ON about Michael or Sonny or Jake or her latest scabies infection.  Just, please, Carly, please shut up.

Michael, great that he's smart enough to shut down Carly, but he's also still dumb enough to hire Rosalie.  Yeah, this is gonna work out.

I'm not a fan of Prince Dickolas, never was.  But I think he's gaslighting Grannie.  Oh, he's discovered his inner Cassadine, that I believe.  But I think he's going to pull a double cross as an attempt to take her out for good.  

I'm probably wrong.  This IS the same guy who married Emily and loved Courtney, so yep I could so easily be wrong.  

Agent NotHot has never met a scene he didn't want to chew, did he?  I guess he's never heard that less is more.  But then again, if he had, Ron and Frank would never have hired him.  Oh, glad he likes Anna's chair.  That was his final taunt????  I guess next time he'll taunt Anna by saying he bets her mother wears army boots.  The writing is SO clever!

• Love 16

The last few posts reminded me that Robin is apparently integral to Helena's plans too.  I assume she's again chained to a lab table.  So what does Helena have her working on?  Building her an army of every character who's ever died on this show?

hahaha....my fear is she is gestating the Stavros embroy. eekk!

She's probably someone's minion, sent to turn Nik. 

OMG you're right she hypnotized him with her magic vajayjay, no wonder Helena was so gleeful....she knew another of her evil plans worked to PURRRfection!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

May I find whatever formula Constance Tower uses.  I pray that I'm half the woman she is when I"m 81 years old.  She is my goddess.

Agent Sloan is a douche.  I don't expect that to change when the new guy takes over.

So do we know what, why or who Rosalie really is?

Oh Carly, you narcissistic twit.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

hahaha....my fear is she is gestating the Stavros embroy. eekk!

Oh lord, and now I'm imagining Helena ordered Robin to age the Stavlu embryo at an accelerated rate so Nicholas Bechel can play a double role #eeek!

• Love 3

Oh lord, and now I'm imagining Helena ordered Robin to age the Stavlu embryo at an accelerated rate so Nicholas Bechel can play a double role #eeek!

Great, now I'm seriously half-expecting a Flencer saga. With copious actual Omen jokes. This was not what I had in mind!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

It was rather random how Spencer told Lulu Rocco was lucky to have her as a mudda. D: Maybe that was just supposed to draw attention to Spencer's motherless state I suppose.

The baby is Stavros!!*

*(not entirely kidding!!!)

Can't decide whether watching Stavros whine about how Lulu never loved him would or would not be worse than watching Franco whine about Scotty and Heather not loving him enough.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

It was rather random how Spencer told Lulu Rocco was lucky to have her as a mudda. D: Maybe that was just supposed to draw attention to Spencer's motherless state I suppose.

They've been doing that since we started talking about it. I think they think these stilted toss-ins are their sop to 'humanizing Spencer or some shit.'

I was going to ask why Lucy and Duke tampered with the votes for mayor ... and then I realized there is no answer that makes sense, so why bother?

I thought it was because they thought Lomax had won Elm Street and so they dumped it to make sure Felicia won.

Edited by ulkis

There was some nonsense about Felicia's name being wrong on the ballots in that part of town (Felicia JONES instead of Felicia SCORPIO) and Lucy, being a hot mess, freaked out and stole a box of ballots.  So she didn't even know if she was helping or hurting Felicia.

• Love 1

Okay not a big Sam(my) fan to start with but what was she 12 when she hid under the desk..."if I cover my face no one can see me..Right?"SMH And seriously Patrick is such a douche he actually told her he wants his Sammy(gag that made me throw up a little) back so she will pay more attention only to him. winner winner chicken dinner, yes Patrick really is truly THAT shallow. If that banter lights up your world Sam I say have at him!

And as bad as Dr. O is I can't say I blame her for firing Patrick to start with when he is so cavalier with HIPPA. Bad enough breaking into medical files but I'm surpised Kevin would have any patients with such lax security for psych files. I've yet to be impressed with DOCTOR Drake.

I like Rosalie and think she has great chemistry with Michael. Why do I get the feeling Rosalie may be an unwilling pawn again. It seemed like Helena set this up without Rosalie really knowing what was up. Maybe Helena has a family member captive and that is why Rosalie will have to spy to keep that person safe. Otherwise I can't see why Rosalie would be so upfront with Michael about having a secret being held over her.

I seriously can't concentrate on anything Naxie says when my det Special Kitty is undressed like that, so they need to stop having big conversations without clothes on.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

Agent Sloan is a douche.  I don't expect that to change when the new guy takes over.

At least when new guy gets here, we'll have something nice to look at, and a better actor. I don't think the current Sloane is terrible looking, but he's no GMc. But yeah, he was a complete and total ass today. Dante and Nathan need to tell him tomorrow that they have a nice thing going with Anna with their little illicit trysts that no one knows about. That was the best part of Naxie for me today, Nathan getting all grumpy about not getting his Anna fix.

Carly, that was just sad. LW did a really good job though.

• Love 5

I like Rosalie and think she has great chemistry with Michael. Why do I get the feeling Rosalie may be an unwilling pawn again. It seemed like Helena set this up without Rosalie really knowing what was up. Maybe Helena has a family member captive and that is why Rosalie will have to spy to keep that person safe. Otherwise I can't see why Rosalie would be so upfront with Michael about having a secret being held over her.

Oh agreed, I think Rosalie is once again being blackmailed, I don't think she's willingly working for Helena.

Agent Sloan is a douche.  I don't expect that to change when the new guy takes over.

I'm bored because this story - beloved commissioner ousted in favor of someone shady - is another reRon from OLTL.

• Love 3

No show can be bad that has Carly getting dismissed as an annoying gnat by Michael.  That was a thing of beauty.

Gotta hand it to LW, she absolutely nailed those scenes with CD.  The way she just lit up when she saw him walk in, and then when she heard Michael say he had changed his number and figured out why, the way her face just fell to pieces.  If they hadn't had her spouting her usual clueless bullshit of "Why can't you JUST GET OVER the fact that I helped cover up your father's murder?" I could almost have felt sorry for her.  Almost.

One thing I really wish RC could do when Carly is all heartbroken over the fact that Michael has pretty much cut her dead, is have somebody, anybody, point out to her, forcefully, "The way you're feeling right now?  Like there's a wild animal inside your chest gnawing on your heart?  How it hurts so much you can hardly even breathe?  That's how A.J. felt.  Every single day of his life, for years and years, that's how he felt.  BECAUSE OF YOU".  It's really maddening how they are always showing Carly supposedly so heartbroken over losing Michael and yet this particular light bulb just never goes on.

It's a good thing we had the thing of beauty that was Michael freezing out Carly in this episode, because the Patrick and Sam scenes were the pits.  KeMo is a low-energy actress to begin with, and she has a habit of keeping her eyes at half-mast when she is trying to portray "seductive", and that up against JT's 'wake me up when it's time to deliver my line" scene-tanking just drained whatever life there might have been right out of the scene.  Our current romantic lead, ladies and germs, in all his douchey glory.  Bleargh.

• Love 17
Which time?  It became like a yearly tradition for Bo to get canned in favor of some baddie.

lol. um, 2008. Don't tell me the 2008 story! (Let me guess - McBain saved his job. I bet it went something like this:)

Bo: Wow, you're the best McBain! Thank you for saving my job.

McBain: All in a day's work Bo.

Bo: We're actually offering you the job! I'm too old for this.

McBain: I'm too busy thinking about my dead fiancee for your job.

Bo: What?

McBain: You keep it Bo. (McBain walks away, as his soul is filled with pain, thinking about his dead fiancee.)

To tie it back to GH, there is really no one who fills the emo man full of manpain role now that McBain is gone, Silas is MIA, and we have cheery Jason. I guess Patrick was there for a while but now he's just a horndog. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

(McBain walks away, as his soul is filled with pain, thinking about his dead fiancee.)

Or about his poor dead sister Retconia...who he hasn't mentioned to anyone...but who he is totally going to avenge one day...preferably right after he becomes a father.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

the Patrick and Sam scenes were the pits.  KeMo is a low-energy actress to begin with, and she has a habit of keeping her eyes at half-mast when she is trying to portray "seductive", and that up against JT's 'wake me up when it's time to deliver my line" scene-tanking just drained whatever life there might have been right out of the scene.  Our current romantic lead, ladies and germs, in all his douchey glory.  Bleargh.

I can't stand Sam's baby voice with him. They're such a plot point phony shtick, right down to the THOUSANDS of times one or the other says "ADVENTURE BUDDY." It's so forced and lame and Dr. Drake Ramoray does nothing but follow his Sammy around and beg for attention. He literally doesn't want Sammy digging for information because she's distracted and can't pay attention to him. This is cute to people!? Really!?!

And why can't they kiss with any passion? JT was hotter with TeCa. That's saying something.

• Love 5

This Rosalie stuff makes no sense. First, she's working for Nina and now Helena. What next- her dad is Jerry Jacks? Ridiculous.

Nik better be working against Helena. I love how it's him and Alexis against the rest of the nutsos.

Michael is still awesome with his hate towards Carly. I just wish he forgave Morgan because I miss their scenes.

• Love 1

Does LW have it written into her contract that her glittery hoo-haa has first dibs on all the new men of a certain age that wander into PC? This might give me hope that Agent Sloane may be her next victim.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 4

Or about his poor dead sister Retconia...who he hasn't mentioned to anyone...but who he is totally going to avenge one day...preferably right after he becomes a father.

I laughed when he left GH and still didn't go home, and then OLTL returned and his son is like five fuckin' years old. That's that John McBain life.

• Love 3

Nikolas should be playing a long con, because nothing else explains his sudden turnabout.  Not that most of the stuff that happens on this show ever gets adequately explained, like Lucy stealing a ballot box, etc., it's just that Nik suddenly turning evil literally came out of nowhere. 

Also, I'm still completely lost as to why ELQ is so gosh darn important to all the evil doers' plans.

It will probably be something stupid involving Pickle Lila or the patent to the weather machine. 

• Love 5