Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Billy Miller, you're too good for this shit.

That off my chest, I hope this is a fake out and Jason is conflicted. He gets Quartermaine and Morgan memories and knows Sonny killed AJ, but doesn't realize he is Jason Quartermaine /Morgan and AJ was/is his brother. I'd like to see more Micheal /Jake scenes so that Micheal can tell Jake about AJ and Jason being brothers. It wouldn't be hard since Carly tormented Liz over the years. It'd be funny if Micheal told Jake that his new friend Carly called his nurse girlfriend a "bitch in heat". I don't care how preposterous that it'd be that Micheal knew.

• Love 2

I'd love to see Julian with an infant myself, and certainly he's probably the only person left who would fill her in on her mommy, Ava, and actually speak positively about her even. Maybe not call her a "murderous bitch" every other second.  

• Love 2

I would give my right ankle if they had a scene where the light of recognition begins to flicker in Jakson's eyes as he gently places one hand up against the glass partition between he and Sonny as Sonny, getting teary eyed and bottom lip trembling, does the same and their hands match perfectly, fingers with fingers, palm against palm as they then mouth "I love you" to one another as music swells dramatically in the background. 

Shades of that hilariously true Soapnet commercial all Brokeback Mountain style with OriginalRecipe!Jason and Sonny. Hee. I was STUNNED that the channel got away with that, but I also got a kick out of it.

Ah, here it is!

• Love 6

When she wasn't demanding he give her answers she never believed anyway and always said so straightaway she basically killed time by calling him a lying liar who always lies.

Hmmm...I wonder why she stopped believing him (because once upon a time she did trust Julian and believed the constant river of shit he foisted on her.) Oh, that's right he IS a lying liar who lies. I love how some people try to paint Julian as this poor woobie who has been victimized by that bitch on heels Alexis. Julian started out their relationship lying about his whole freaking identity and Alexis still believed in him and forgave him. He lied to her about getting out of the mob and even after she found out, she still took him back. She risked her relationship with her daughter because she believed him about Ric being his boss. As the adage goes - fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...etc, etc. Alexis not trusting Julian anymore is all on him. She finally got tired of his lies and now she's this horrible person because she treats Julian like the lying liar he is. I actually like Julian for the most part, but the more people try to paint Julian as this constant victim of the big bad Alexis, the more I'm starting to dislike him.

• Love 11

I bet Nathan could be released from the hospital now since I just saw him push a HUGE chair across the room for Maxie to sit in while he put her new shoes on her feet. Oh, and Maxie, I'm no fashionista, but those were not the cutest shoes ever.

Shawn - the only time you've been a success. Thank Jordan right now.

Stop shrieking / squeaking Molly. Just because you hate Julian doesn't mean everyone does.

• Love 1

I like Julian as what he is - a pompous Ivy League shitheel who thinks he's God's gift to women and makes no apologies for it. He's an ass, but he has a kind of a heart beneath it and I think he and NLG have really brought it in the last few months in terms of their chemistry and his character, which was very muddled early on. I don't think its fanbase is nearly as big or powerful as it thinks it is; I think Julian could be offed at any time when RC and FV feel like it. But I think he's too entertaining to do that, at least I wouldn't.

I don't mind a pompous jerk in an endless midlife crisis; I think it's a more concise portrayal of a type of white collar mobster vs. their consistently confused portrayal of Sonny. I think William deVry is a strange, strange man but he plays this type of character very well. He's a more colorful crime figure than we're used to - metrosexual, well-heeled and obsessed with his own macho image. It's entertaining. And he works with Alexis because she has finally owned that she wants a man like him. But first I want him to fuck Jordan, like a lot.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I hope Michael does get custody of baby girl not Jamie and use his Q connections and power to get Sonny's (and Ava's) parental right terminated.  Then he could adopt  and raise her as a Quatermaine.  I would love to see Monica dote on her "granddaughter".  It would be sweet justice for AJ, the Quatermaines taking Sonny's daughter away from him just like Sonny did with Michael.  The difference being that the Quatermaine's reason for taking custody would truly be for the health and safety of the child.  This would eat at Sonny every day, even if it is only a girl child.

• Love 8

Then again, it looks like Dr. O to the rescue (and I don't think Judge Walters was *not* persuaded by Dr. O).

From the way Nathan was smirking and talking low, I wondered if he had contacted some of his Cassadine relatives to get such miracles done as the Judge's turnabout as well as the expensive shoes for Maxie. Has he been exploiting his family ties, very quietly?

Maxie is back to looking very attractive and sexy these days, with her tiny waist, sculptured hairdo, and big eyes.  I think she has probably spent more time admiring herself and the shoes than she has thinking about seeing her daughter for Christmas.

Maxie is an impossible, unreformable flirt.

• Love 4

Hmmm...I wonder why she stopped believing him (because once upon a time she did trust Julian and believed the constant river of shit he foisted on her.) Oh, that's right he IS a lying liar who lies. I love how some people try to paint Julian as this poor woobie who has been victimized by that bitch on heels Alexis. Julian started out their relationship lying about his whole freaking identity and Alexis still believed in him and forgave him. He lied to her about getting out of the mob and even after she found out, she still took him back. She risked her relationship with her daughter because she believed him about Ric being his boss. As the adage goes - fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...etc, etc. Alexis not trusting Julian anymore is all on him. She finally got tired of his lies and now she's this horrible person because she treats Julian like the lying liar he is. I actually like Julian for the most part, but the more people try to paint Julian as this constant victim of the big bad Alexis, the more I'm starting to dislike him.

I never once called him a victim because I don't see him as being anyone's victim, except maybe notLuke, but then again who isn't at this point.

My issue has nothing to do with trying to defend or excuse all that Julian has done or how many lies he's told, he doesn't try to do it and I see no reason to. To say the man is flawed is an understatement.

However, my problem is that if something quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and looks like a duck then you can probably be sure it's a duck.

Julian lied, Alexis had more than enough proof to know that he lied, Alexis still hemmed and hawed and whined and complained about it again and again, continually demanding the truth from Julian despite the fact that she never believed he'd actually tell her the truth, even if he actually did tell her the truth she'd just rebuff him with the "well you've lied before" line.

So then why the bloody hell are you even bothering to ask him anything?? You don't believe him! So since you don't stop asking him questions he can never get right in your eyes.

I hold her fully responsible for that crap.

Alexis seems to expect her criminal boyfriends to suddenly become one of the "good ol' boys" just so her life can be a bit easier, oh and she can somehow keep moral high ground over other people. 

She is a grown ass woman who could have walked away at any time because of Julian's chosen lifestyle and his lies, she's the one who stayed, complained, demanded the truth and then left, and then came back and stayed and then complained and then demanded the truth and then left, and then came back and stayed and then complained and then demanded the truth and then left and then...

That was and is my issue with her. Okay great she told him the first time how he lies and she couldn't trust his word any longer and nothing was really going to change about that so what's the purpose, what's the point of seeing her constantly badgering him a million times thereafter as if she expected a different response?  

Especially those times when he did in fact tell her the truth but yet she still didn't believe him because he'd lied before. If you don't trust the man, if you can't believe anything he tells you then just leave already for the love of the Holy Virgin Margarita! Stop dragging your feet and making a fuss about it and just get the hell out and move on with your life.

To me that's not only asinine behaviour or pointless behaviour or petulant behaviour, it's stupid ass behaviour and it's annoying on top of that. At least for me. It's that kind of stupid shit that just grates on my nerves.

Alexis has known who Julian is pretty much from the word "go", he wasn't pretending to be some investment banker who kept really weird hours and carried a gun for fun all this time. 

In fact the way she behaved and still behaves with Julian is no different than the way she's behaved with every other mobster/criminal she's bedded and then suddenly has this hit of a conscious or her moral compass starts ticking again, whatever, and next thing she has an "issue" with their line of work and their crimes and oh dear me how can she be a good mother and yet have such a man in her life. GTFO with that nonsense.

She is not Molly, she isn't a teenage girl struggling with her hormone overload, she's nearly 50. It's past time for her to know how to make an adult decision and stick to it.

Alexis picks bad boys freely and then wants them to morph into choir boys just so she can feel better and not like she's aiding and abetting, or should I say "abedding", criminals.

Well tough tater tots but being an adult means you have to make adult decisions sometimes. Sometimes you should think ahead beyond finding someone to put out the fire in your loins and really think long and hard about the men you keep picking to be the romantic lead in your life.

Alexis allowed herself to be "wooed" and then had buyer's remorse as usual. If Julian were her first "bad boy boyfriend" that she'd done this with I might be willing to give her a pass, but he isn't her second, hell he isn't even her third, when is the cycle going to end?

Or better yet when will she finally stop wanting it both ways and grow the hell up and decide if she wants a law abiding citizen to grow old with or a guy who could just as easily be sharing a jail cell as her bed on any given night?

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Nothing says Christmas spirit like threats of prison rape and toothbrush-shanking.

Merry Christmas!

Have yourself a rapey little Christmas....

UH, no. Just no.

*heads to Internet Archive*

*click click click search*

With no Presidential Newscast to interrupt, here's a TWOP classic. Festivus Greetings and Merry Christmas from Haus Nutmeg:

Have yourself a bloody little shootout

Let the bullets fly

We can only hope that Sonny will also die.

Through the year Cartini spoiled us rotten

With the Legend of Doom

Now it's time to bring on our annual carnage of gloom.

Here we are, in the Golden Year, characters from yore appear, and plot

Now we're back to the Guza Mob, Carrrrrrrrrlos' ass is shot

Through the year, we've loved the shoutouts to the history

Budget impacts allowed

Even muddling through Sobrina somehow...

So, have yourself a bloody little shootout -- POW!

• Love 13
Alexis allowed herself to be "wooed" and then had buyer's remorse as usual. If Julian were her first "bad boy boyfriend" that she'd done this with I might be willing to give her a pass, but he isn't her second, hell he isn't even her third, when is the cycle going to end?

Or better yet when will she finally stop wanting it both ways and grow the hell up and decide if she wants a law abiding citizen to grow old with or a guy who could just as easily be sharing a jail cell as her bed on any given night?

To be fair to Alexis, - or to play Devil's Advocate, whichever comes first - Julian did start out pretending to be someone else. He was supposed to be Derek Wells, who was, AFAIK, a legitimate businessman. Sure, when his cover was blown and he was revealed to be Julian Jerome, he shrugged and said "So what?", thus rendering Ava having killed Connie to keep the secret pointless. But I don't think that negates the previous falsehood. I like Julian, and to a point I like Julian and Alexis together, but he could have just told her that he was Julian, since it turned out not to bother him at all when the truth was exposed.

• Love 3

That off my chest, I hope this is a fake out and Jason is conflicted. He gets Quartermaine and Morgan memories and knows Sonny killed AJ, but doesn't realize he is Jason Quartermaine /Morgan and AJ was/is his brother. I'd like to see more Micheal /Jake scenes so that Micheal can tell Jake about AJ and Jason being brothers. It wouldn't be hard since Carly tormented Liz over the years. It'd be funny if Micheal told Jake that his new friend Carly called his nurse girlfriend a "bitch in heat". I don't care how preposterous that it'd be that Micheal knew.

I am genuinely starting to wonder if they're building this connection between Carly & Jake now so that when he gets back his Q and Morgan memories, he'll be disgusted at all the things she did to his brother and what she did to Michael.

Otherwise, I just don't see the point of this insta-bond if its going to be exactly the same when his memories return.

• Love 2

I didn't have a problem with Sonny threatening Franco with rape. That's who he is, an utter scumbag. I did have a problem with them letting the "like the bitch you are" line through because while that's also very Sonny, there was no one to call him out on his grossness.

• Love 4
Otherwise, I just don't see the point of this insta-bond if its going to be exactly the same when his memories return.

So they can have sex sooner than later? Because for me that writing has been on the wall since "Jake" arrived. Ron wants to make another Jason/Sonny/Carly triangle.

• Love 1

I didn't have a problem with Sonny threatening Franco with rape. That's who he is, an utter scumbag. I did have a problem with them letting the "like the bitch you are" line through because while that's also very Sonny, there was no one to call him out on his grossness.

I would agree had that line been said to any other character. But that line applies to Freakco perfectly. He murdered a lot of people. He hired someone to rape Michael. He made Sam think he raped her. He strapped Lulu to a bomb. He threatened Joss. And he generally terrorized Jasus and this around for him years.

If that isn't a "bitch", I don't know what is.

• Love 1

I would agree had that line been said to any other character. But that line applies to Freakco perfectly. He murdered a lot of people. He hired someone to rape Michael. He made Sam think he raped her. He strapped Lulu to a bomb. He threatened Joss. And he generally terrorized Jasus and this around for him years.

If that isn't a "bitch", I don't know what is.

Sometimes I don't think the use of the word "bitch" implies insult to a woman, but in this instance imo Sonny's saying "I'm gonna pass you around like you're some wimpy woman". He should have said freak or scum or piece of crap.

So is Dr. O going to sing us a Christmas carol tomorrow?

Silly One More Time, that was O's gift to us last year! This year we get

her reading the Christmas story

!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Well, technically Franco could have called him out about it, but then my television would have been sucked into a black hole from the sheer hypocrisy of it.

• Love 2

From the way Nathan was smirking and talking low, I wondered if he had contacted some of his Cassadine relatives to get such miracles done as the Judge's turnabout as well as the expensive shoes for Maxie. Has he been exploiting his family ties, very quietly?

Maxie is back to looking very attractive and sexy these days, with her tiny waist, sculptured hairdo, and big eyes.  I think she has probably spent more time admiring herself and the shoes than she has thinking about seeing her daughter for Christmas.

Maxie is an impossible, unreformable flirt.

He said, he'd been saving for the shoes since she got back.  She made some remark about her new life and changing back for a pair of shoes.  That's when he started saving for them.

To be fair to Alexis, - or to play Devil's Advocate, whichever comes first - Julian did start out pretending to be someone else. He was supposed to be Derek Wells, who was, AFAIK, a legitimate businessman. Sure, when his cover was blown and he was revealed to be Julian Jerome, he shrugged and said "So what?", thus rendering Ava having killed Connie to keep the secret pointless. But I don't think that negates the previous falsehood. I like Julian, and to a point I like Julian and Alexis together, but he could have just told her that he was Julian, since it turned out not to bother him at all when the truth was exposed.

They weren't even dating when his cover was blown so I don't see why it would have mattered if he told her the truth before the reveal or not, she knew full well by the time they were dating his real identity and that he'd lied and that he was sorry, or so he claimed.

At that time "Derek" was still playing around with Carly and trying to use her to get to Sonny, Alexis even got on him about that and how it made her feel that he must have known how she was starting to feel about him but yet he flaunted Carly in her face. That's when he told her that Carly meant nothing to him, she was merely a means to an end.

Their relationship didn't begin until after she knew exactly who he was, so there was no time that Alexis "dated" Derek Wells. Yes she was attracted to him and she flaunted her chest at him every chance she got for a while there and they did have their moments and all but things didn't get hot and heavy between them until that day she went to his place wearing the infamous "belt".

It was after Duke was allowed to "work him over", which I still think is total crap, but that was the scene where Julian pulled Alexis to him by her belt and he even brought up the fact that she seemed to prefer "bad boys" and to tell him to stop if it wasn't true. Spoiler alert, she didn't.

So to me I don't see how thinking Julian was Derek Wells before they ever really got together matters when it comes to Alexis being with Julian because she knew from the start he was Julian when they began their actual relationship.

She knew already at that point that he'd lied to her and kept things from her and that he was currently in the mob, if that information wasn't enough for her then that was her choice.

ETA:

I also recall that time because Franco saw Morgan leaving Julian's hotel room one day, when he was still playing Carly, and then the freak, in his full jealous glory as usual, went straight to Carly and implied that Julian was double dipping in the same family gene pool, having both Carly and Morgan at the same time.

That actually intrigued me for a second then because I wondered if they might have Julian play around with that idea, driving both Carly and Sonny bats as they thought he was keeping Morgan on as his brainless little boy toy he had dirty fun times with.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1
I didn't have a problem with Sonny threatening Franco with rape. That's who he is, an utter scumbag. I did have a problem with them letting the "like the bitch you are" line through because while that's also very Sonny, there was no one to call him out on his grossness

Well, technically Franco could have called him out about it, but then my television would have been sucked into a black hole from the sheer hypocrisy of it.

I figured that went without saying. but yeah, the man who was whining about all the women in his life lying to him calling Sonny out on it wouldn't've counted.

Isn't "bitch" prison lingo for someone forced to give sexual favors to another inmate in exchange for protection? As in "He/She is my/her/his bitch"?

Thats what I think Sonny meant.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1
Johnny: you tied Lulu to a bomb. That wild, beautiful woman who I loved.

Good lord. Awful line.

I know. Those two were hardly Fated to be Forever One. (And it should be "whom I loved." Sigh.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I believe that the bromance between Sonny and Jason was starting to fray shortly before Jason was kicked into the harbor. Sonny did destroy the truce that Jason brokered with AZ to keep Michael safe in prison. This is what lead to Michael's rape. When the real Franco was playing or preying on Jason and Sam, Sonny treated it as a mild annoyance and told Jason to take care of it and get back to his real job as hitman. Sonny did not lift a pinkie to help Jason with Franco. Sonny is truly selfish. Personally, I don't think that Sonny did anything for Sam after Jason's death, either.

• Love 4
Sonny is truly selfish. Personally, I don't think that Sonny did anything for Sam after Jason's death, either.

This is why I don't understand Jason's loyalty to Carly or Sonny.  What did he get out of those "friendships" besides feeling superior because Sonny and Carly always needed him to clean up their messes?

• Love 3

After today's show, I am more convinced than ever that Michael will end up raising baby No Name and forcing Sonny to sign away his rights thus coming full circle. Ron lives for that shit (and, I have to say, so do I).

Me too!  :)

Exactly.  Babies have been kidnapped since soap time began, but inducing the labor was too far.  It wasn't as horrific, but it did remind me of a storyline on "Private Practice" (I know, I know) where a mentally disturbed woman attacked a pregnant doctor and literally cut the baby out of her and left her to die.

That was based on a true story.  I believe Ann Rule wrote a book about the case.

And oh, Molly.  STFU.  I understand why she hates Julian, I really do.  But you are in your sister's home, and SHE invited him to stay and visit with his grandson.  SO STFU.

Actually, I found Molly's behavior today to be 100% realistic for a teenager.  They are not known for their sensitivity to the feelings of others.

I will also dreamtasize that he goes and confronts Jordan as per notLuke's order to "deal with her" and she is forced to admit the truth, she's an undercover agent and then Julian reveals his own badge. Jordan is left speechless as Julian explains he's been deep undercover since the WSB brought him on board those 20 years ago. No one knows about it except the highest of the high in command since if his cover was ever blown it'd have devastating consequences.

I have been hoping for this twist to happen since Day One.  Make it happen Ron, make it happen!

But on the other hand, he does make it worth watching.

I hope Michael does get custody of baby girl not Jamie and use his Q connections and power to get Sonny's (and Ava's) parental right terminated.  Then he could adopt  and raise her as a Quatermaine.  I would love to see Monica dote on her "granddaughter".  It would be sweet justice for AJ, the Quatermaines taking Sonny's daughter away from him just like Sonny did with Michael.  The difference being that the Quatermaine's reason for taking custody would truly be for the health and safety of the child.  This would eat at Sonny every day, even if it is only a girl child.

I like the idea of the retcon where it turns out that A.J. really is the father of baby Not Jamie.  Michael could raise his sister with Monica's help, and some good would have come out of the tragedy of A.J.'s death.

As far as the prison story goes, if Sonny is going to be large and in charge again, back to the barge I go.

• Love 5

This is why I don't understand Jason's loyalty to Carly or Sonny.  What did he get out of those "friendships" besides feeling superior because Sonny and Carly always needed him to clean up their messes?

Well feeling superior is what Jason has always done so well. It's like a trademark for him. Plus he put a lot of time into making a "family" with those two fools, and if there is something else Jason hates it is to lose.

• Love 2

I must have blacked out when Carly said Michael should have custody of baby Not-Jamie.  She is really taking delusion to a whole new level.

Does Snarly realize that if Michael does get custody, there is a fairly good chance that he will be raising Babygirl C. in the Q Mansion? Instead of a stranger, couldn't Snarly get either Duke or Shawn tell Sonny that he is the baby daddy? The stupid, it burns.

It was just too, too easy-peasey and smooth the way Carly gave up her DNA and the results decided the paternity of the baby. I think Carly set some grand plan of her own into play. They were trusting Carly to collect some of her own DNA and produce it. Maybe she did so honestly, maybe not. Even if a hospital employee took her DNA during an office visit, Carly could have substituted it or obtained some that was purely Sonny's. would that have helped her to pull off a scheme?   

• Love 4

fter today's show, I am more convinced than ever that Michael will end up raising baby No Name and forcing Sonny to sign away his rights thus coming full circle. Ron lives for that shit (and, I have to say, so do I)

Michael currently has severed his ties to Sonny so it will be difficult for him to claim custody of baby girl Corinthos when he refuses to acknowledge Sonny as his father. Now introducing AJ as the actual father and then having Michael get custody away from Morgan and Kiki, would be more like RC. Retcon paternity and crazy ass child custody suit.

• Love 3

How Carly may have obtained pure Sonny DNA purely disgusts me.

I still find any use of rape as a taunt or a threat as disgusting and vile no matter whom it's to, no matter what the context. It's unnecessary and repulsive. Whomever wrote that line- Ron- should be ashamed. It was very disturbing and disgusting. Once again, rape is what- just a slap in the face? No. It's a violating, traumatic act that dehumanizes a person.

• Love 6
Michael currently has severed his ties to Sonny so it will be difficult for him to claim custody of baby girl Corinthos when he refuses to acknowledge Sonny as his father. Now introducing AJ as the actual father and then having Michael get custody away from Morgan and Kiki, would be more like RC. Retcon paternity and crazy ass child custody suit.

I would not be surprised by this.

Plus the name Jamie would have been appropriate - Alan James Q.

• Love 2

I think that's exactly what he got out of it. Carly and Sonny, on their best days, literally cannot stop themselves from fucking things up, and being able to sweep in and clean up their stupid crap made Jason both look good and feel "better" than they were. When I'm feeling generous, which ain't often, I think it's an awesome piece of karma that the brain-damaged kid Sonny man-nipple-lated into being his errand boy turned out to be better at mopping up the messes that the Wonder Twins made when they activated their powers of amorality. Most of the time, though, I was just annoyed because it fed Guza's fantasy that Jason was the bestest ever.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4

He got to jerk off furiously the moment they left his Cone of Judgment.

• Love 3

Seeing the world through Carly's eyes must be very comforting if you're a subnormal sociopath with psychotic tendencies.  In her world, Moobs was "overcome with remorse" because he killed AJ, and impregnated Ava because she used her feminine wiles on him - not to mention that crypt just screams sexay.  

And that " beautiful little girl" is part of her family blah blah blah, Kiki/Morgan are too immature (no argument there but this is CARLY saying it), her good friend that braindead Jason was HER ROCK and on. and on.  and freakin' ON.  

I really really wish Carly would develop a tic that would make her bang her head HARD into the nearest available wall with every third word that escapes her gaping maw.  

Then we have Moobs jumping around in his platform heels, pressing his eyeliner brush against Johnny's throat, screaming like he's a rabid chipmunk until Franko interrupts him, and then Moobs comes on to Franco, romancing him with visions of Sonny lovin' in Cell Block D Cup.  Sonny just can't go very long without some three-minute lovin'.  I guess nothing says FUNNY to the writers like a little rape joke, huh?  NOT.  So very much NOT.

I know a lot of folks like Molly but I just can't with that girl.  Her nasal screeching is bad enough but on a day with this much Snarly and Moobs, not good.  With any luck she'll mistake superglue for lip gloss.  Maybe she'll go back to California with Rick.

And then we have NotLuke, who I swear looks more and more like a drag version of Sophia from the Golden Girls.  AUGGGHH!!  Ron C. is IN MY HEAD!!!

Time for a drink, or two.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
I know a lot of folks like Molly but I just can't with that girl

Me either, she is just...nails on a chalkboard every time I see or hear her. I'd love it if Molly was written off to go and stay with Ric for a while, and then she and TJ could finally break up and he could find a new girlfriend.

Time for a drink, or two.

Or twenty...

• Love 4

I never once called him a victim because I don't see him as being anyone's victim, except maybe notLuke, but then again who isn't at this point.

Never said that you specifically did. You're not the only Julian defender. But it definitely seems to me that you're painting it as Julian never did anything wrong and Alexis is the only one in the wrong here.

My issue has nothing to do with trying to defend or excuse all that Julian has done or how many lies he's told, he doesn't try to do it and I see no reason to.

Julian may not do it as often as Sonny but he does try to excuse and defend his behavior. I don't know how freakin' often, including today, he's justified working for Fluke and setting up Ric by bringing up Fluke threatening his family.

Julian lied, Alexis had more than enough proof to know that he lied, Alexis still hemmed and hawed and whined and complained about it again and again, continually demanding the truth from Julian despite the fact that she never believed he'd actually tell her the truth, even if he actually did tell her the truth she'd just rebuff him with the "well you've lied before" line.

So then why the bloody hell are you even bothering to ask him anything?? You don't believe him! So since you don't stop asking him questions he can never get right in your eyes.

I'm not even sure what time you're talking about here given the numerous lies Julian has told. Alexis has had a healthy wariness when it comes to Julian from the beginning because of how he LIED about being Derek Wells. Despite that she still thought there was good in him and was attracted enough to him to put most of those fears aside. But she's also not some idiot like Carly or Liz who'll just go "Well since the guy I'm dating says so I'll just stick my head in the sand." But she has trusted him and she has believed him. She trusted that he was out of the mob even though so many told her he was lying (which like always he actually was.) Then she believed him over her own daughter about the Ric thing. Then it was revealed...oh wait...he's lying again. So, yeah, now Alexis fully doesn't trust him and he can't get right in her eyes and that's Julian's doing, not hers.

She is a grown ass woman who could have walked away at any time because of Julian's chosen lifestyle and his lies, she's the one who stayed, complained, demanded the truth and then left, and then came back and stayed and then complained and then demanded the truth and then left, and then came back and stayed and then complained and then demanded the truth and then left and then...

By that same token Julian is a grown ass man who could have walked away at any time. He knew from jump what Alexis' reservations were about their relationship and what her conditions for continuing that relationship was. Instead of putting his foot down and letting her go, he decided instead to be the dumbest idiot on Earth and try to hand in his notice with Fluke as if he were giving his two weeks to the local Chilli's. When shockingly that didn't come without consequences, again instead of being honest with the person he claims to love he decided to deceive her. When that blew up in his face instead of letting it go, he pursued her relentlessly and pretended like things would be different all the while setting up her daughter's father to take the fall. I don't like the roller coaster dance that Julexis' relationship became, but most of the problems originated from Julian's lies. Alexis probably never should have taken him back, but that still doesn't make her the bad guy here and Julian some innocent party who was sitting around minding his own lying business and Alexis just decided to stomp on his heart for shits and giggles. I just find it galling that you're basically excusing Julian with a "oh, he's just flawed" and blaming the person who was constantly lied to (and we're not talking about little lies here) and making it out that Alexis is the big bad in this relationship.

In fact the way she behaved and still behaves with Julian is no different than the way she's behaved with every other mobster/criminal she's bedded and then suddenly has this hit of a conscious or her moral compass starts ticking again, whatever, and next thing she has an "issue" with their line of work and their crimes and oh dear me how can she be a good mother and yet have such a man in her life. GTFO with that nonsense.

She is not Molly, she isn't a teenage girl struggling with her hormone overload, she's nearly 50. It's past time for her to know how to make an adult decision and stick to it.

The only people on a soap who know how to make an adult decision and stick to it are not on-screen. And I don't think it's nonsense to give a shit about the men you have hanging around your children. That's one of the reasons Carly sucks because she never considers her children's needs at all.

Alexis picks bad boys freely and then wants them to morph into choir boys just so she can feel better and not like she's aiding and abetting, or should I say "abedding", criminals.

Well tough tater tots but being an adult means you have to make adult decisions sometimes. Sometimes you should think ahead beyond finding someone to put out the fire in your loins and really think long and hard about the men you keep picking to be the romantic lead in your life.

Alexis has a history of being attracted to bad boys, that much I'll agree with you on. But Alexis has never picked a bad boy "freely." She's always agonized over these attractions. You can't help the type of person you're attracted to. Alexis knows she should go for better guys, which is probably why she's forcing this thing with Ned right now. She has thought long and hard about it. She's agonized to Ned and Sam and others about this issue.

And I'm seriously scratching my head over these myriad of guys she's tried to turn into choir boys or having buyer's remorse over. The only ones I think fit that category are Sean and Julian. Let's start with Sonny. That wasn't really a relationship because that didn't go beyond the one night. And other than successfully stopping him from assassinating AJ, Alexis never tried to change Sonny. But again that wasn't really a relationship.

Then there was Ric, which I think is her longest and most successful relationship. I'll always maintain that relationship worked the best for Alexis because Ric was never a boring guy and managed to straddle that line between bad boy and responsible adult. But when they first got together Ric's panic room days were behind him and he was a, mostly, law-abiding citizen. Most of the problems in that relationship revolved around Sonny. Sometimes Alexis would go to the "dark side" to keep Sonny from Kristina (which I always cheered Alexis on for but the show tried to paint her as the bad guy) or Ric not being able to let go of his weird desire to have a relationship with Sonny. But Alexis never tried to turn him into a choir boy or had buyer's remorse. That relationship ended when he fucked her daughter while she has cancer.

Then there was Jerry, who I try not think about because attraction to bad boys are not, I think the show even attempting to go there was ridiculous. Like Sonny that barely counts as a relationship because she only slept with him once. She never tried to turn him into a choir boy and knew that could never really go anywhere and it didn't.

After that she went through a major dry spell until Sean. That relationship was so boring that I'm not sure about the particulars of it. I can't remember if she knew that he worked for Sonny when they started dating or if she just thought he worked at Kelly's. I think what ultimately derailed their relationship was not her wanting him to be a choir boy, but not being jazzed about Sean thinking it was his life's mission to become Sonny's  killer for hire  (and given how Sean can't aim for shit I think she was right that it's not his calling.) And while her getting together with Julian right after Sean is hypocritical, at least Alexis was a grown-up about the situation with Sean. She gave him her terms, when he couldn't do it, she ended things and stuck to it. Of course that was more so because Sean and Alexis weren't popular. But Julexis is, which is why the constant back and forth. I don't know how they'll get them together again but this is certainly not the end of them for good.

• Love 4

well that was a ...show. I realize Franco may have deserved it but the rapie talk was yuck and how many men are creepily obsessed with Lulu. ewww.

This Fluke stuff is eye roll inducing, sorry but the Nina has nothing on TG.

My det Special Kitty...I love ya but poor RP and KSt that whole cheesie Cinderella thing was just awful they really tried but no one could pull that off.

At least I had Nathan, Julian and Carrlos to look at .....

Carly is just become totally unwatchable and the Jason proping is sooo OTT I can't even enjoy BM.

I do think Ron trolls the boards b/c come on Jakeson has brought Liz TWO sandwiches now.....only about twenty more might do the trick. <wink>

• Love 4

I haven't been watching regularly because I hate the Jason adoration and it's transfer to Jakeson, Fluke sends me to sleep and Sonny, Shawn and Carly turn me off like no one else, but did Julian ever tell Alexis that Fluke was the one who blew up her house?

• Love 3

well that was a ...show. I realize Franco may have deserved it but the rapie talk was yuck and how many men are creepily obsessed with Lulu. ewww.

Thankfully Franco wasn't obsessed with Lulu. He just kidnapped her because he wanted to force Jason to make a choice between Sam and Lulu, who he both strapped to bombs. He wanted to use Maxie but she hadn't been in the office that day and Lulu was. We all laughed about it at the time because Jason basically has no relationship with Lulu - the show just used her because Lulu and Dante were being built up at the time and they wanted Dante to dramatically rescue Lulu.

Franco was aaaaaaaall about Jason.

• Love 2

Oh, okay. Yeah, it definitely was a little two flowery coming from him. They did have a serious relationship for a year and a half but it broke off pretty much when Johnny made out with Maxie. After that they paired up Lulu and Dante and Johnny went on to a bunch of other relationships, the most serious one oddly enough being with Dante's mom. Olivia proposed they go on a double date once but nothing ever happened sadly (because that would have been hilarious). Lulu and Johnny co-owned a club together before he left, but nothing to warrant today's extremely fond words from Johnny.

• Love 2