Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

A few pages back someone mentioned Judge Cockblock being part of the Legion of Doom . . . Well they definitely played the same music during his proclamation yesterday as they did when Evil Lewq and Hells were on screen last week.

That was me!

Right now, I'm not overthinking it too much and ordering a mojito, because I could see ReRon going Occam's Razor and just making the judge an asshole who can get away with it for reasons. It's 50/50 that we'll have a Christmas Miracle, and I'm putting it at 40% that Judge Cockblock is working for the Alliance/LoD. With ReRon, he'll stretch this out so that Georgie will be played by Lindze Letherman after SORASing.

If we see Judge Cockblock in the Baby Mava case, $10 says that he'll award her to Nina with all charges dropped because reasons and new Y&R pet.

Oh, and in Haus Nutmeg, the DNA testing to see if Baby Mava it's Sonny's or Morgan's was surprisingly spot on, both medically and legally. I guess ReRon wasn't looking.

Edited to add someone's observation from another board that can be used for Judge Cockblock:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." But don't rule out malice. Hanlon's Law

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 1

Not that it would happen, because for it to happen, would make it fucking logical, but all Alexis needs to do is ask the judge to recuse himself because he's clearly biased and if he refuses, she can go to the whatever committee of judges and plead her case.

Hey! I've seen it happen on Law & Order plenty of times!*

*Like I said, logical. But since this show is anything but, I don't expect to see this happen.

• Love 6
Honestly RC has turned me aganist baby stories.I remeber the days of soaps where the show would go a couple years without babies.

And decades between killing babies!

When Luke and Laura and Lucky returned to Port Charles in 1993, PC was a vast metropolitan area with lots and lots of big skyscraper buildings that Lucky watched in awe, as he traversed to find Ruby and Kelly's.

When Luke and Laura got together Luke would rag on Port Chuck as a backwater town, and we always used to joke “with its own University and International Airport!”  Back in those days I think the opening credit was just the still frame of the hospital building that wasn’t all that tall, apart from being on a hill.

Of course in recent years, Jason lived in a penthouse that had trees outside the windows.

• Love 1

I have a theory on how this Liz/Jakeson/Liz stuff is going to play out for the next few months. Obviously Sam won't be able to prove her allegations against Jakeson for plot point reasons, but she will remain suspicious. Few (if any) people will believe her at first and Liz will continue acting stank and smug because Sam had the audacity to accuse her new obsession of being a criminal. Because Liz was dumb and reckless enough to tell Jakeson about Sam's accusations, Helena will find out and order him to silence Sam. He won't succeed because Patrick or Silas (depending on who Ron wants Sam to move on with) will come to her rescue, at which point the white knight will realize she has been right all along. They will investigate Jakeson together while growing closer and other people will start to grow suspicious of Liz's new bestie. Eventually it will be revealed that Jakeson is really Jason, but because Ron will drag this crap out for as long as possible, Jakeson won't actually recover his memories at this time so he will be Jason in name only. Jason will reject Sam and decide he wants Liz because she was the only one to believe in him, at which point the bitch face and smugness will reach unprecedented levels.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

That original hospital pic is/was LA County, if I remember correctly.  I remember the first time I drove by it, I was a little shocked it was real.

I think all the Spinelli mentions are preparation for his return on the scene.  It only makes sense as his circle is forming up again now that Jason is back.  Spinelli is enough of a bootlicker that if Jakeson embraces his inner Quartermaine, Spin will be fine with that.  I am okay with this only if he brings Ellie back with him, an Ellie who has morphed into a woman that doesn't take any shit (necessary when living with Spin).

One of the things that is confusing me about this Maxie custody stuff is that they make it sound like Maxie can have her daughter back again, they never really dwell on the fact that someone else has full custody - someone who lives on the other side of the country with said child.  If Maxie wants to see her regularly, that's a long commute.  I don't like Judge Cockblock and this whole scene is stupid.  That means it is a cover for something else, but I have no idea what the Legion of Doom's motivation would be to A) keep the would-be lovers apart, or B) not allow Maxie access to baby Georgie.  Maybe it's C) keep Spinelli with his remarkable hacking skills out of PC.  Not that any hacker ever could do anything they needed to do remotely.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 2

Custody moves with the Child. Ron as an attorney should know this. Baby Georgie has lived in California for more than six months now. Port Charles no longer has jurisdiction.

I am sick of Ron treating us as if we are stupid to move his point along. Guza may have thought we should all love the mob but he rarely thought of us as morons

• Love 2

I don't think Maxie has filed for full custody or anything, just for visitation rights. 

And I don't think the show necessarily wants Maxie to have the baby full-time, which is fine, just fine with me.  Have Georgie show up periodically to be cute and then go away.  Too many babies as is.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I think all the Spinelli mentions are preparation for his return on the scene.  It only makes sense as his circle is forming up again now that Jason is back.  Spinelli is enough of a bootlicker that if Jakeson embraces his inner Quartermaine, Spin will be fine with that.  I am okay with this only if he brings Ellie back with him, an Ellie who has morphed into a woman that doesn't take any shit (necessary when living with Spin).

I'd take the return of Levi, KA in a dual role, AND Michael apologizing to Sonny so long as it meant that Spinbitch never came back to Port Charles.

Ellie is more than welcome to come back. I'd love if she came back with Baby Georgie and revealed that Spinbitch had been eaten by a pack of hyenas.

• Love 2

I never said I liked the idea that Spin was coming back, just that I thought it was inevitable and was smelling a setup.

Ellie, yes, please.  Spin only if we get Ellie back.

• Love 1

Ellie is more than welcome to come back. I'd love if she came back with Baby Georgie and revealed that Spinbitch had been eaten by a pack of hyenas.

If Santa wants to give me this rather than the unicorn I asked for, I'll be very happy on Christmas morning. 

• Love 4

Jason/Jake Morgan -- still a baby whisperer.  Volunteering at GH in the pediatrics ward in his spare time.  I'm sure most hospitals would allow anyone to come in without a background check -- extra tricky with an amnesia victim -- and hang out with the kids.  They must have the "Pedophiles Welcome" sign out.  The stupid...it burns.

• Love 11

Jason/Jake Morgan -- still a baby whisperer.  Volunteering at GH in the pediatrics ward in his spare time.  I'm sure most hospitals would allow anyone to come in without a background check -- extra tricky with an amnesia victim -- and hang out with the kids.  They must have the "Pedophiles Welcome" sign out.  The stupid...it burns.

And the kids miss their friendly local SERIAL KILLER art therapist now that he's in jail!

• Love 5

And the kids miss their friendly local SERIAL KILLER art therapist now that he's in jail!

Oh, but Wait! You can't forget about the Chief of Staff DoctorKnapper who's in love with a serial Killer herself.. All at General Hospital where everyone gets a 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance!

• Love 3

Custody moves with the Child. Ron as an attorney should know this. Baby Georgie has lived in California for more than six months now. Port Charles no longer has jurisdiction.

I thought Ellie and Spinelli and Georgie were in Portland, OR. Or was that Seattle, WA?

I don't like Judge Cockblock and this whole scene is stupid.  That means it is a cover for something else, but I have no idea what the Legion of Doom's motivation would be to A) keep the would-be lovers apart, or B) not allow Maxie access to baby Georgie.  Maybe it's C) keep Spinelli with his remarkable hacking skills out of PC.  Not that any hacker ever could do anything they needed to do remotely.

D) It's a Lante baby after all.

• Love 1

That line made me a) dry heave and b) reminded me of Ron desperately trying to convince the OLTL audience that Ford had changed and was now a super sweetie by volunteering with children at the hospital in his stupid hot dog suit.

Edited by TeeVee329

Oh, but Wait! You can't forget about the Chief of Staff DoctorKnapper who's in love with a serial Killer herself.. All at General Hospital where everyone gets a 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance!

Unless you're AJ...

Or Robin or newly fired Jordan. Or Anna, who is now hated by most governmental entities. I'm sure the IRS is getting ready to audit her ... On a positive note, maybe she'll get deported and then go to Paris to look for Robin.

ETA: oh, I guess you were talking about the hospital itself, not the show as a whole! Oops!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4
A new angle on Judge Naxie Spoiler: poor Monica!  This is, what, the first guy she's dated since Alan died?  And he's a douche.

He's the best of a bad bunch in her age range, though. And so far, he's only been a douche professionally.

I think all the Spinelli mentions are preparation for his return on the scene.

Bradford was back for some taping. In the Spoilers thread, we made some cruel jokes about not being able to survive as an Uber driver, which is what he'd been doing.

Edited by dubbel zout

What was grosser during the Patrick/Sabrina conversation - Patrick almost immediately seguing from discussing their dead baby to talking about the sad he has about Sam not talking to him?  Or Patrick shrugging that because Ava's baby didn't die, what Sabrina did is totally not a big deal!  Urgh.

And a two-second apology from Sabrina to Ava and that's supposed to be the end of that?  Laaammmeee.

I wanted to high five Michael when he evicted Morgan and Kiki from the brownstone.  He should look into buying the MetroCourt out from under Carly next.

Seriously, Carly, you want Michael to let go of his anger after about five minutes when you've held grudges for yeeeaaarrrsss?

• Love 8

Colbalt Stargazer,

Bradford Anderson was apparently an actual Uber driver for a while.

And a two-second apology from Sabrina to Ava and that's supposed to be the end of that?  Laaammmeee.

Eh, I can deal. I don't want Sabrina on my screen for a minute longer than necessary. It's clear she won't become the mob queen to Carrrlos's mob king, so she's pointless.

• Love 6

Patrick: Victor caused the accident to blackmail Robin into continuing to work for him and now our son is dead.  Oh, well.  The real is issue is that Sammy is mad at me.  

And of course, Sabrina gets instaforgivenes from all.  Somehow, I doubt Robin will.  

• Love 8

Seriously, Carly, you want Michael to let go of his anger after about five minutes when you've held grudges for yeeeaaarrrsss?

No mention of Carly holding a grudge against AJ (even after he showed some compassion towards her) by Michael during this?

• Love 6

But that sounds like a paternal DNA test. People speculate that Ava is not really Kiki's mother so if a DNA test was run on Kiki and the baby and they were found to not match it would prove Ava is not Kiki's mother b/c we know for sure giant baby came from Ava.

Show is really making it harder than it is.  It's so simple to know for sure whether Kiki and giant baby are related.  Does Giant Baby carry the Potato Head gene?  Cuz if she doesn't then Kiki is NOT her sister in spudhood.  Giant Baby must look to other root vegetables for relatives.  Luckily, show is overrun with them.

• Love 8

I guess Carly doesn't actually want Michael's forgiveness? I do think Michael would relent a bit if she showed one scrap of remorse or awareness of what she's done, but she hasn't.

I could maybe buy redemption for Ava. Certainly more so than I could/can buy it for Obrecht or Franco.

I don't mind Sabrina being forgiven. She is actually sorry.

I read spoilers for today and I actually thought I was going to be angry at Michael, but I wasn't. He was fair and reasonable about kicking them out, he knew they had other places to go. Hell, Morgan can have Sonny's mansion all to himself now.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

Patrick: Victor caused the accident to blackmail Robin into continuing to work for him and now our son is dead.  Oh, well.  The real is issue is that Sammy is mad at me.  

And of course, Sabrina gets instaforgivenes from all.  Somehow, I doubt Robin will.  

Of course not. Robin will get raked over the coals for abandoning her huzzzzzband/God and child and family to run off and try to bring back to life someone everyone thought good and dead. and get a backhanded compliment for succeeding, but still raked over because she could have let someone know what was going on, so that all of Jason's loved ones wouldn't have grieved over him for nothing.

And of course nary a scene where Patdick came through with his threat to kill Victor if he hurt Robin...oh wait...that's right. At the time, douchenozzle couldn't see how his wife was lying to him to protect him and believed the load of bullshit she handed him. Suuuuuure he knows Robin.  And let me shut up before I yank out whatever measly scrub I've got left of my hair.

• Love 8

Ava should not have had sex with Morgan if she doesn't think he can be a father. 

Ava should not procreate with either Sonny or Morgan if she doesn't want Carly around her offspring. 

Ava can STFU and look pretty with Silas, who possess infinite amount of compassion. 

• Love 3

Ava should not have had sex with Morgan if she doesn't think he can be a father. 

Ava should not procreate with either Sonny or Morgan if she doesn't want Carly around her offspring. 

Ava can STFU and look pretty with Silas, who possess infinite amount of compassion. 

You're right..but that would involve Ava utilizing Common Sense..

• Love 1
I don't mind Sabrina being forgiven. She is actually sorry.

Yeah, she's sorry, all right. A sorry excuse of a pet character who needs to leave or die. And yeah, I know she is barely on. But it still enrages me to see how well she is treated despite trying to kill an unborn baby while Robin gets shit upon again and again, just because.

So, yeah, no. Still hate Sobby. Still need her to suffer in agony.

• Love 6

I don't know what I loved more: Michael evicting The Mooch & The Captain, or Ava referring to Carly as "a hateful bitch".

I can buy into the masks, freezing and resurrecting people, and even an international terrorist as Chief of Staff. But Morgan reading? Books?? PLURAL??? Bwahahahahahahahah. Yeah, no.

It really creeps me out that I like Sabrina now after spending so much time hating on the character and the actress.

ETA: as for that spoiler posted above . . . [Lily Aldrin]sonnavabeetch[/Lily Aldrin]

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Yeah, she's sorry, all right. A sorry excuse of a pet character who needs to leave or die. And yeah, I know she is barely on. But it still enrages me to see how well she is treated despite trying to kill an unborn baby while Robin gets shit upon again and again, just because.

So, yeah, no. Still hate Sobby. Still need her to suffer in agony.

THIS. Robin is horrible selfish bitch because she's sacrificed her freedom in order to protect her family and save Jason. Yet, this show gives Sabreena a pass for actively trying to kill an unborn baby. The twit tried to kill an unborn baby!!! She took meds to Ava and repeatedly remindedher that the pills were necessary.

Ron, the hack can fuck off.

I can't believe (yes I can) Carly wants Michael to let everything go and forgive them. She nor Sonny have shown any compassion or remorse.

Did Kaka actually offer up Silas' apartment for her, Morgan and the baby without checking with Silas first?

Micheal wasn't allowed to have enough anger and disgust in his scenes for me today.

This show is awful. Why was the police station the only place with any type of Christmas decorations.

• Love 4
I loved Michael calling out Morgan and Kiki for their jobless ways. Did they really expect Michael to provide housing for the rest of their lives?

Yes, they did. Why wouldn't they? Michael didn't tell either of them that the brownstone was only temporary. I'd take advantage of that, too.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

What!?!? Noooo. Nooo.

Nooo.

Morgan.

Nooo.

I'd rather Morgan and Ava get hitched and have conjugal relations than Morgan and Kiki ever, ever again. I'll see your "nooo" and raise you an "ewwww".

The Judge is irritating, but that's the point. And yeah I think he's officially now stalker territory.  We're supposed to be outraged for Maxie and in fear of the future for Naxie. It's dumb, but it's soapy. Maxie will likely completely break it off with Nathan now. And I know many don't like Dr O, but I'd love to see her blackmail the judge and give him a taste of his own medicine.

ReRon does do good now and then. A lot of his stories are stupid/annoying/completely implausible, but I cannot deny the old school daytime drama of most of it.

Unfortunately, TPTB still have a huge, overblown cast and are horrible at integration. There's no reason I should get a "bubble" feeling with a cast this big.

I think CT is mostly entertaining-but she's too mature and for that matter,  too skinny-to show off that much chest area. It was scary, and it was all I could focus on during her scenes yesterday. Not to mention, since it's winter, wouldn't she be freezing in those outfits?

I can't believe (yes I can) Carly wants Michael to let everything go and forgive them. She nor Sonny have shown any compassion or remorse.

To that end, did anyone else notice Sonny's throwaway line today about not being happy how the baby was found? I took it to mean that he still wishes he could have killed Ava. Good old Sonny. Not sorry for what he did or wanted to do; just sorry he got caught.

And, while I'm typing, does anyone know of a prison anywhere where inmates tell their visitors in plain language what kind of illegal activities they want to have performed on the outside? Every other cop show in the world shows the prisoners speaking in code or finding a way to smuggle out instructions. I guess Pentonville is run by people who have been fired from the PCPD or the mental hospital.

• Love 9

I never said I liked the idea that Spin was coming back, just that I thought it was inevitable and was smelling a setup.

Ellie, yes, please.  Spin only if we get Ellie back.

Yes, so that Ellie can be a Q. She can even be Robert Frank's real kid if they want to do it. Or AJ's long lost daughter. Don't care. I think she'd fit wonderfully, and  the actress and JE do have a passing resemblance.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5

I loved Michael calling out Morgan and Kiki for their jobless ways. Did they really expect Michael to provide housing for the rest of their lives?

It seems like that's exactly what they thought.

I am really upset Michael didn't offer anyone a free -infested- couch.  Love, love, love, Michael calling out the fact that Carly's okay with lying to Michael, she just doesn't want to stay away from Sonny.

Maybe it's because I only know of the Panic Room story, didn't see it, but I don't think Ric is bad enough to deserve having Shawn sent to save him. I hope he stole of bullet proof vest from wittness protection.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6

Not to mention, since it's winter, wouldn't she be freezing in those outfits?

Helena spent over a year being frozen, winter in Port Charles (where women can run around in sleeveless dresses) probably feels like summer in Caprice to her.

• Love 4

Sonny is mad that yet again McBain bested him at police work.

I liked Michael throwing Kiki and Morgan and The Skipper out into the mean streets of Port Charles where they'll be forced to bunk in either mommy or daddy's mansions or mommy's fancy hotel or daddy's depressing man cave cop loft. Or mommy girlfriend's penthouse. It's rough for the children of rich crime bosses who kill people. Bonus points to Micheal for calling them out for having no job, saying the Brownstone is Quartermaine property, bitch!, patting them on the head and saying good job, and then giving them das boot. While wearing a suit. I love you Micheal Alan Quartermaine.

And shut up Carly. You're a rabbit. To quote How I Met Your Mother. You are the absolute worst. I will even quote CM Punk too. Apologize. You hold grudges against people who spilled drinks on people down the street that you don't know.

I did like the Jason/Sam scenes today. Billy Miller was more of a real boy around KeMo. I also like that thus far This Jason dismisses Spinelli as the annoyance he is.

I can't not think of potatoes during Kiki scenes, and now I see potatoes and I think of Kiki scenes. It's a hard knock life.

• Love 13

I'm glad Sam told Liz about her suspicions. If she had kept her mouth shut and Jakeson did something to Liz or her kids we'd be in for another round of "Sam is teh evul". No thanks. Now that dumb Liz opened has up her big stupid mouth Sam might as well go ahead and take out an ad in the paper so no one can dare try to blame her the next time Jakeson attacks someone.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Ava because she admitted she always knew she would pay for all the bad things she's done? Or because she can't see her demon baby?  I don't.

I don't believe for a second that Sonny would hand over his territory to save Ric. They were brothers in name only.

• Love 6