Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Kiki deliberately went to Ava to tell her that she would be picking up Avery from school is also not moving on; it's taking pleasure in rubbing her mother's nose in it.

I wish this petty tit-for-tat sniping would end. It's boring to watch and neither character looks good doing it.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I thought I remembered that Lucy was always able to tell the difference between Kevin and Ryan. Was that not the case or is that something the writers have just decided to forget?

I thought Lucy and Kevin didn't get together until after Ryan was "dead".

She really looked rattled at his nonchalance about Lulu's article.  Again, I liked that, while she's also concerned about Felicia, Lucy's first concern is how all this Ryan stuff will effect Kevin given the longtime front-row seat she's had to his issues about it.  I mean, I'm pretty sure there was one time on "Port Charles" where Kevin became convinced he was Ryan and attacked Lucy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Re-arranging her shadowing schedule (yeah, as if that could happen) to take her mother's ex to the movies is not moving on. I know that she considers Griffin a friend but she needs to step away from him for a while.. Also Girffin's chief characteristic is "saving" women in trouble so even more should Kiki keep away from him

I did say she was trying to move on. Now before all this happen, Kiki considered Griffin to be her friend so if she wants to continue that friendship or even become involved with him, she can even though that will cause more drama only because Ava will continue to punish Griffin and now Kiki.

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Kiki deliberately went to Ava to tell her that she would be picking up Avery from school is also not moving on; it's taking pleasure in rubbing her mother's nose in it.

As petty as that was, threatening to see her sister is the result of Ava banishing Kiki from Avery's life. Which is only punishing Avery.

Until I see Kiki actively trying to destroy Ava's life and livelihood, I believe that she is trying to remove herself from the toxic relationship that Kiki and Ava have had for the past few years. 

Kiki was done with Ava the moment it became more important to Ava to go after Griffin during Kiki' s trial. That and being called a whore by Ava after the aftermath of Bensh harassment and the public negative reactions Kiki experiences after she made her complaint about Bensh.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think Burton puts more effort into scenes with Kimberly now than he does with other actors because of their friendship. But back then, he was just a young kid eager to do a good job so he could keep his and build his career.  Now he's a 'star' and doesn't have to put in any effort while still getting everything he wants. To quote Lord Actor, or Star Trek, power corrupts.

Agreed. Also soaps in the 90s were still very popular. The Robin HIV story in particular was a big deal and got the show a lot of press. Steve lucked out big time that Jason was chosen to be Robin's next great love and he could piggyback off of her story. To his credit I think he did a great job and it proves he has range when he wants to. His leaving a few different times in the late 90s and early 2000s of course he was hoping to make it outside of soaps and it obviously never happened. Then came the family, needing steady work and settling into a routine. There wasn't much incentive to challenge himself anymore and he hasn't. He gets a nice big check and leading man status for the absolute bare minimum effort. On top of it soaps are dying. Why try now? The writing also turned to total garbage in tandem to his phoning it in. Guza contributed heavily to his Carson tunnel vision and Jason bot "Stonecold" persona. I never liked Jasam because in addition to not seeing the chemistry there she was the one beside him as he became the full fledged borg. 

• Love 4

Drew broke my heart saying he'd make things right with Sam if he was facing impending death. Franco was pretty tolerable today, surprisingly enough. I like that he and Drew are existing in this awkward space where they are bonded in a sense but also aren't terribly comfortable with each other yet.

Sorry, Gregory and Finn, but between Anna/Peter, Ava/Kiki, and Nina/Unidentified Daughter, I'm at maximum capacity for caring about estranged parents and children. Chase is still adorable, however, fretting over building a relationship with his brother.

Jason and Sam touched today, y'all! Right after she dutifully tattled that *gasp* Margaux is honing in on PC's most notorious criminals! Step right up and get a piece of JaSam, this ship is priced to move!

• Love 3

Cameron telling Oscar should have been the note they ended today's show on. But no. Got to have it be the Sonny story. Her really came across as a buttwipe today wringing his hands with Jason about how Mike might go to jail for a murder he didn't commit. I don't see you confessing, Sonny. That would keep your dad out of jail on murder charges. Now obstruction is another story, but not murder.

• Love 10

So the body is Margaux's missing father.  I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

How stupid is Sonny? (Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.)  They're not going to put a late stage Alzheimer's man in Pentonville even if the police are threatening it.

A thousand kudos to the writers for having Franco say "How can I help?" to Drew when Drew was talking about Oscar.  That's a great response, much better than the usual "it's going to be okay". (I was told last week that I needed a biopsy after my ultrasound. When I told my brother, he was "It's nothing, just a precaution". What I really wanted him to say is "How can I help?" because saying it's nothing when the last time it was stage 2 doesn't mean anything.)

I like Elizabeth telling Kim that she's upset because she's got less control now. But the reason is not because more people know, it's because Oscar is getting sicker. Is Ki thinking to keep the truth from him during a drug trial too?  Because I gotta tell her, that isn't possible.

Drew says he would want to make things right with Sam, Margaux tells Sam that Drew is a better man than Jason.  And Sam wore a colour other than black or white and served some truth tea to Jason.  Maybe finally they actually are going to tease a triangle. 

26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

As petty as that was, threatening to see her sister is the result of Ava banishing Kiki from Avery's life. Which is only punishing Avery.

Avery will survive that more easily than Carly and Sonny banishing her mother from her life. Kiki was a quisling through all of that and just sucked up to Sonny.

Neither Ava nor Kiki gets any good points.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew says he would want to make things right with Sam, Margaux tells Sam that Drew is a better man than Jason.  And Sam wore a colour other than black or white and served some truth tea to Jason.  Maybe finally they actually are going to tease a triangle. 

It still won't be much of a triangle if Sam actually has to tell Jason to make plans to spend more time with their son.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It still won't be much of a triangle if Sam actually has to tell Jason to make plans to spend more time with their son.

I don't understand this part at all. I don't need to actually see Jason and Danny (or Jason and Jake, for that matter) spend time together, but where's the harm in telling me Jason is taking an interest in his kids? How can anyone think he's any kind of good person when he completely ignores them unless he happens to randomly run into them? For all we hear about Sonny being a good father, at least he's in the same house as Avery, for instance. (Ignore the circumstances that put her there.) When Sonny Corinthos beats you as a parent, something is WRONG.

• Love 14

When Sonny told Jason not to worry about him going to the station because Margaux can't lay a glove on him, he's just too slick I got a LOL over SBu's less than convinced look. It was subtle, probably unintentional, but expressed how dumb everyone else knows Sonny is except Sonny. 

I then liked Sam straight up telling Jason that he too is a moron and things can change in an instant especially in his line of work and you never know if things will be fine. She should go back to Drew. I never cared for them very much but the few dismal Jasam scenes since SBu's return make Dream look like Luke and Laura. Plus Jason sucks. When she told him to spend more time with Danny and Jason claims he already spends a ton of time with him but sure, I could feel KeMo fighting an eye roll. Nice try writers. Jason prioritizes a mobster, his moll, her son and a life of crime way before his sons. He's a deadbeat, show, cats out the bag.

I liked Drew today. BM managed to keep his tics mostly in check and actually annunciated. I even liked his scenes with Franco since they had RoHo keep the shtick to a minimum. I found Margaux a tad more bearable. She's with Billy 99% of the time and their scenes are 100% awkward. Total fail on hearing the body is her long lost father. Play it off but react at least a little bit! You never knew what happened to the guy until that moment. I'm rooting for her to get Sonny a 5x9 for the rest of his days but it's more likely somehow she'll end up in the slammer or worse, Sonny's bed. 

So Cam, who's an insufferable little turd minus his Franco hatred, blurts out to Oscar he has cancer. Now Liz will again find herself blamed for keeping a secret or telling a secret, something about a secret. Anytime someone starts telling Liz something in confidence she needs to just stick her fingers in her ears, start singing, and run away. Nobody has a worse track record there. Even though the blame for this all lies at Kim's feet. 

The only outcome I'm interested in seeing from this Oscar story is it being how Kim exits. Time to cut the losses on that one. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I then liked Sam straight up telling Jason that he too is a moron and things can change in an instant especially in his line of work and you never know if things will be fine. 

Just the idea that she has to tell him that anything can happen, that things can change in a minute flat says all anyone needs to know about Jason. Was this guy not shot in the back, shoved into freezing water, kidnapped and plied with drugs in a Russian clinic? If he hasn't learned that things can change within the time it takes to snap your fingers, then he will never get it.

Cameron is an asshole. There is no other way to describe him. I liked his scenes with Liz. I thought it was a typical teenager behavior and I buy the vibe between them as mother and son. But he is insufferable when he is around Oscar and Joss. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Just the idea that she has to tell him that anything can happen, that things can change in a minute flat says all anyone needs to know about Jason. Was this guy not shot in the back, shoved into freezing water, kidnapped and plied with drugs in a Russian clinic? If he hasn't learned that things can change within the time it takes to snap your fingers, then he will never get it.

Why must you taunt us with happier times???

• Love 14

As a Drew fan, the Franco interaction is painful.  No matter what, I constantly feel like Drew is used to prop that worthless "I have to shove food in my mouth" clown.   Howarth's "acting" repulses me.  The scrunched up facial expressions has never been "acting" to me. Biases asides, the actors are fine together and do have a certain vibe, but character wise that whole Bobby and Andy nonsense was a total joke.  

Sam said her lines more clearly with Margo today.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I was so annoyed and yet also amused when she asked him to spend more time with Danny and he responded something along the lines of , "I'm already spending as much time as I can with him but I'll try to spend more" as he is hanging out in Sonny's house with no one else there. Working hard making sure no one steals the couch cushions or lowball glasses there, Blinky?

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I was so annoyed and yet also amused when she asked him to spend more time with Danny and he responded something along the lines of , "I'm already spending as much time as I can with him but I'll try to spend more" as he is hanging out in Sonny's house with no one else there. Working hard making sure no one steals the couch cushions or lowball glasses there, Blinky?

Not just that, he’s “busy” because his friend committed a murder and the police have the audacity to investigate it. Like sorry Danny, Daddy wanted to spend time with you but it’s really not fair to make Uncle Sonny pay for his crimes, and we also might have to take out your grandpa over it, even though his only crime was leasing the building where Uncle Sonny stashed the body...

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Linny said:

I like that he and Drew are existing in this awkward space where they are bonded in a sense but also aren't terribly comfortable with each other yet.

Same here. This is how they should be around each other forever.

"When did the MetroCourt change its menu?" "Oh, probably during one of your kidnappings." Hee. SnarkyMichaelEastonCharacter is my favorite. It was fun to see FH and JR together.

I like that Elizabeth told Kim that Franco knows about Oscar's tumor. Someone is finally allowed to learn!

"Look who's here, Jason," says Sonny, sounding like it's someone Jason hates instead of his supposed love. (Though he may hate Sam, what do I know?)

Sonny sighing over his burdens cracked me up. Yeah, it's tough to deal with past murders coming back to haunt you, isn't it?

As a doctor, Kim should know that the results of one drug trial do not have any bearing on the results of another, different drug trial. WTF is this bullshit? (Poor TB, having to make this story work when she knows it's complete crap.)

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Cameron telling Oscar should have been the note they ended today's show on. But no. Got to have it be the Sonny story.

Seriously. I did not need to hear Sonny say, "The name means nuttin' to me"?

Previews: Again with Sonny haranguing Mike to remember about this dumb body.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LillyB said:

In the real world, a DA would have to recluse herself when the murder victim turned out to be her parent.

It’s recuse (no “l”); This is the same show that had Scottie prosecute the murder of his son. Had both Edward and Epiphany as jurors on a trial where they knew the defendant. So of course Margeaux will be able to prosecute whoever for her father’s murder.??

• Love 4

Why does Mike need to remember anything more about the body?  It's been found, they know who it is, he was a mob guy.  That's all Mike is going to know. He moved the body to protect Sonny.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If he doesn't get it from that, all he has to do is go over to the Quartermaines and look at the empty room that Michael had fitted out as a nursery.

• Love 1

Editing issue again today.  Yesterday's epi ended with Jordan getting a call, and announcing to Sonny and Jason that she had an ID on the body.  Today starts with her in her office.  So, she announced that she had an ID and then just left?  

Oh look, was it Wednesday when I predicted Cam would tell Oscar at 2:53 pm today and that even though it should be, that it wouldn't be the cliffhanger, because that's reserved for Sonny.  Of course, I thought it would Carly complaining about mean old Margo putting her in Ferncliff for no good reason, but nope, it's just Sonny and the most annoying body that ever was.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LillyB said:

Jason has to spend his time taking care of his "real" children, Sonny and Carly. Bio children be dammed.

Don't forget Michael.

and, Sam?  You didn't have a "run in" with Margaux, but way to make it sound more ominous than it was.  Also, I'm surprised she didn't sprain her ankle again running to Sonny and Jason to ~warn them about the mean old DA.

• Love 6

The unholy trinity and their hangers-on constant butthurt over law enforcement wanting to take them down is so tiresome. Do they not grasp that Sonny and Borg are career criminals? The DA and the cops want to take them down BY DEFINITION. They're like dolphins and sharks. Or Jets and Sharks!

Not that it doesn't annoy me that there has to be some personal stake for DA Maggie Stone. I suppose that's soapy but really it's so Corinthos, Inc. and their fans can scream 'personal vendetta' and law enforcement looks unethical and incompetent and stupid. I AM SO SICK OF THAT.

ETA: jesus god, I have had to correct every instance of there, they're, their in this post. The booze is no excuse!

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

ETA: jesus god, I have had to correct every instance of there, they're, their in this post. The booze is no excuse!

?????????

And people wonder why I miss and loved the show in its heyday—‘80s. When the GOOD GUYS actually were the good guys and the thugs, criminals, murderers actually went to jail. And no one genuflected to their Mooby ARSES.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wish Oscar would toss that bleach-accident shirt (that he's worn 3 times already on this show) into the clothing donation bin.  It's fugly. 

Why would someone in need be reduced to wearing that horror? They're already having difficulties in their lives, let's not pile on.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Mike need to remember anything more about the body?  It's been found, they know who it is, he was a mob guy.  That's all Mike is going to know. He moved the body to protect Sonny.

Margaux seems to think Mike will give Sonny up: "I moved the body to protect Sonny, who killed your father in the first place." Dream on, Margaux. You'll be lucky if you get to have someone arrested for this.

• Love 5

So the body being Margaux's dad means she should immediately be taken off the case but we know that won't happen. She'll become obsessed, do something wildly unethical, probably illegal and Sonny ends up free and clear while she's disgraced. Then if FV is feeling extra cruel he'll have Margaux fall for Sonny and that gag fest will ensue. 

• Love 2

Speaking of Oscar, has anyone else noticed that the young actor has had a massive growth spurt  this summer?

The only thing that Oscar has going for him is that as a pet - he isn't as obnoxious as pet Sabrina was.  I will pull up a seat of one - but I enjoy watching the kid playing Cameron (William Lipton) - a gazillion times more than the kid playing Oscar (Garrin Stitt). 

• Love 2
On 9/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, sunnyface said:

The only thing that Oscar has going for him is that as a pet - he isn't as obnoxious as pet Sabrina was.  I will pull up a seat of one - but I enjoy watching the kid playing Cameron (William Lipton) - a gazillion times more than the kid playing Oscar (Garrin Stitt). 

That's definitely not a seat of one.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind the awkwardness; in fact, I think it works for Oscar. I'd rather the kid/teen actors be a little unpolished than overly precocious.

I agree. It fits Oscar's character who is an awkward teen instead of a cool, confident teen ala Jagger Cates.

• Love 4

I think about JJ or KMc and they were so exceptional for their young ages that it makes the current teen actors look even worse. But how much can you blame them? There's no time to settle in and learn anymore. They film a million scenes a day at one take each. It's got to be rough for seasoned adult actors coming on, I can't imagine being a green kid and its one of my first acting jobs. 

• Love 5

Donna Mills mentioned how grueling the GH schedule was, and she's a highly experienced actor. In his WTF with Marc Maron podcast, James Franco mentioned taping 90 pages a day. A lot of that was because his schedule was so limited, but it still indicates how quickly the show is put together. (He appreciates his GH experience because now when someone apologetically gives him five pages to memorize at the last minute, he doesn't even flinch.)

The kids/teens also get much worse writing, so they aren't given much chance to develop any depth. And I think the acting coach the soap used to have isn't there anymore, right? I remember reading how a lot of the actors, kid and adult alike, would check in with him every so often for help/advice on certain stories or particular scenes. It seems like these days all Frank wants is for the actors to say their lines correctly without knocking down the set.

• Love 6

I have a nephew who is roughly the same age that the character Oscar is supposed to be and Garrett Sitt completely NAILS that age. I disagree heartily with anyone who thinks this kid is NOT doing a good job portraying a teenage male that age. The mumbling, the disinterest, the head down, the disaffectedness that comes across like bad acting? It's not. You can tell because of the scenes where he is engaged, and all of that other stuff is completely natural. He is completely nailing a teenage boy who is not the popular, outgoing kid. Completely. I swear to God, I am watching my nephew sometimes when I watch his scenes.

And aside from the as-always boot-licking Sonny/holy trinity scenes, I think most of this week has had some great writing. Actual, human connections and conversations between the characters. Franco was jealous of Drew and Elizabeth hugging, but he dealt with it, he talked to "Kevin," and then he followed his advice and talked to Elizabeth... and let go of his jealousy, and he and Drew continued on with their wary bonding, leading to Drew having someone he could unburden his thoughts to without judgment or argument (Kim) or messy feelings (Sam). Jason and Robin delved into some great character stuff for the both of them, both past and present--with a lovely dig at the ridiculous Sam/Patrick stuff. Elizabeth *did* go and talk to Kim and tell her she told Franco, and it allowed Kim to explain again--as she'd done to Drew--why she wasn't telling Oscar. Yeah, it's questionable and many don't like it. But it's a reason and it's not just hanging out there.

Threads overall aren't just hanging out there. There is follow-through, and it's not just stupidly plot-driven, it's plot and character-driven. Cameron kisses Joss; Elizabeth finds out. She talks sternly to Cam about it. And it's followed through on the next episode to really drive point home. You always get consent. Nina needing a bodyguard led to a well-written conversation between her and Anna, one that acknowledged they weren't friends, but underscored why they were talking about what they were.  Connections all around are being made between these characters. between beats and plot points, and moments and history. There is a fabric of community where characters aren't isolated into their own stories with just a tiny handful of characters anymore. It's almost as if the writers are working together to build good soap.

It was quite noticeable last week. Well, except for the Holy trinity crap.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Donna Mills mentioned how grueling the GH schedule was, and she's a highly experienced actor. In his WTF with Marc Maron podcast, James Franco mentioned taping 90 pages a day. A lot of that was because his schedule was so limited, but it still indicates how quickly the show is put together. (He appreciates his GH experience because now when someone apologetically gives him five pages to memorize at the last minute, he doesn't even flinch.)

The kids/teens also get much worse writing, so they aren't given much chance to develop any depth. And I think the acting coach the soap used to have isn't there anymore, right? I remember reading how a lot of the actors, kid and adult alike, would check in with him every so often for help/advice on certain stories or particular scenes. It seems like these days all Frank wants is for the actors to say their lines correctly without knocking down the set.

A lot of the things TFGH thought were extra but it looks like they were nesseceities were: an on set acting coach and the ability to do retakes.True, they can't be excessive about the retakes,but 1 more take could be useful. KMC and JJ were truly special, but I am sure that extra time and coaching helped tremendously, especially in the beginning. It really pisses me off that they are will fire people to pay for certain, past their prime actors (Burton and Geary when he were here) but won't free up funds that could potentially help all of the actors.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, driver18 said:

And it's followed through on the next episode to really drive point home. You always get consent.

I don't think that point was made nearly strongly enough. The show did a #MeToo story for Lauren and didn't follow through with it here. WTF? Cam and Oscar were supposed to have been at Bensch's trial, so why drop the ball when Cam kisses Joss when she doesn't want it? The teen years are a little late to start talking about consent—that should happen a lot earlier—but the show had the perfect entry point for it. And of course utterly fails. Elizabeth wasn't much older than Cam is now when she was raped. That's the ultimate lack of consent. 

• Love 7
On 9/19/2018 at 10:11 PM, HeatLifer said:

A++. As always.

Thanks!! I just think some people have very high expectations for Robin, at a time when her life has about 90% moved on from Port Charles, when she  had a few moments of connection/gratitude with Drew but not a friendship or romantic relationship with him since he's not Jason, and when he was looking for belief from her that he was Jason - not empathy that his life had become difficult due to identity uncertainty.  Now, in fall 2018 after the identity issue has been settled, he would be more open to empathy if offered.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, driver18 said:

Franco was jealous of Drew and Elizabeth hugging, but he dealt with it, he talked to "Kevin," and then he followed his advice and talked to Elizabeth... and let go of his jealousy, and he and Drew continued on with their wary bonding, leading to Drew having someone he could unburden his thoughts to without judgment or argument (Kim) or messy feelings (Sam)

Drew already has that, he's got Curtis. That's about giving Franco someone to talk to who isn't paid to do it

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

There's a radio show I enjoy listening to, White Coat, Black Art, which describes itself as "medicine from [the doctor's] side of the gurney".  Today's episode was an interview with actor Alan Alda who has helped develop a program "focusing on human connection and communication"and "the building blocks of empathy" that is now taught at 17 medical schools.  (There's a short clip of Alda teaching mirroring to medical students at the link.)

The example Alda used to show what lack of empathy looks like was an anecdote of a physician's assistant who told a cancer patient "the sooner you accept that you're dying, the better it will be for you."  That sounds strangely familiar.  (To finish the story after the PA had gone an intern went in and starting mirroring the patient, holding her hand and sitting with her and not pushing. With that, the patient started to process the information she had been told.)

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Now, in fall 2018 after the identity issue has been settled, he would be more open to empathy if offered.  

Maybe he would have been open to empathy at the time if Robin had offered it.  I don't think that she did, and that's what disappointed me so much.

But we'll have to agree to disagree about that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Thanks!! I just think some people have very high expectations for Robin, at a time when her life has about 90% moved on from Port Charles, when she  had a few moments of connection/gratitude with Drew but not a friendship or romantic relationship with him since he's not Jason, and when he was looking for belief from her that he was Jason - not empathy that his life had become difficult due to identity uncertainty.  Now, in fall 2018 after the identity issue has been settled, he would be more open to empathy if offered.  

Yep, he wasn’t looking for anything other than for her to validate he was Jason. And then acted like she was betraying him for thinking otherwise. I think it’s unfortunate Robin and Drew can’t interact or have a relationship because Billy and Kimberly worked really well together, too. Regardless, I don’t think it’s high expectations people have for Robin—I think it’s moreso that they want her to shun Jason and/or Sonny and that’s just never going to happen. These relationships were established in like, 1994, and they weren’t going to destroy history more than they already had by having Robin continue to believe Drew was Jason and coddle him.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Drew already has that, he's got Curtis. That's about giving Franco someone to talk to who isn't paid to do it

Because it's so terrible that Drew has more than one friend? Whether we like it or not Franco is on the canvas, and he and Drew have an established, emotional history now. *And* Drew is going through a deeply emotional period right now and he and Franco share something that he and Curtis do not... being a father* to kids new to their lives. This is a difficult situation. And that was rather my point; that GH is actually not just randomly grabbing characters and shoving them into situations because, you know, reasons. Characters are in scenes together (like Anna and Nina) because of history and character-drawn back-stories and situations that make sense. The show appears to be making connections with plot points that are more character and story drawn that make sense.

* Again, whether we like it or not, Franco is essentially the main father figure in Elizabeth's kids' lives and will soon be their step-father if the wedding happens.

• Love 8