Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm tired of the Jason propping already. Yeah, right Jason was a challenging opponent of Jerry. I'm tired of them throwing Liz/Jason together already & I didn't mind them back in the day. I am really perturbed that St. Jasus' bandages are off when based upon Patty/Sam were are just over 48 hours out from the Creighton Clark incident. He is really a Saint considering he healed from a 30+ hour complex surgery & has he bandages removed mere hours later with minimal bruising, no swelling & no scars. Give me a fucking break, I've had patients with dressing on longer from single surgical incisions.

We'll according to Dante, he collected the fingerprints of that John Doe from the hit and run from a couple of weeks ago. Add to it, Liz mentioning that "Jake" has super recuperating powers, RC sorased Jason's recuperation while everything in Port Charles continued in its own slow time pace.

Oh...

Okay...

I… Victor Cassadine? WTF?!?! Was that always a thing? 

I guess I blocked out more of TFGH than I thought. 

You actually missed nothing. It's Ron's idea of shock and awe. It covers his lack of talent or so he believes.

• Love 3

Victor, who was the head of the WSB, cleared her.

Well he arranged the deal with the WSB that got her out of all the Robin/Faison/Jerry-related charges.  And then she also donated a ton of money to the hospital.  So basically, she bought it as a getting out of jail gift to herself.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

We'll according to Dante, he collected the fingerprints of that John Doe from the hit and run from a couple of weeks ago. Add to it, Liz mentioning that "Jake" has super recuperating powers, RC sorased Jason's recuperation while everything in Port Charles continued in its own slow time pace.

I mean… I can sort of see why they had him recuperate so fast, b/c you don't want to waste an actor like Miller behind bandages. But they probably should've just had him had the plastic surgery while he was in the clinic before, rather than doing it now, LOL!

I do hope they don't go the St. Jasus route, because I love Miller when he's a screwup. Jason should make mistakes and be called on his ish. 

• Love 1

Well he arranged the deal with the WSB that got her out of all the Robin/Faison/Jerry-related charges. And then she also donated a ton of money to the hospital. So basically, she bought it as a getting out of jail gift to herself.

Wait, so he wasn't the HEAD of the WSB? I could have sworn Robin told Patty that at some point.

• Love 2

It was complete fuckery from the fat jokes, horrible story lines to no story lines, no love interests & going off screen for months in order to make the story line "realistic". Pure bullshit.

It remains a complete and utter mystery how Ron completely decimated AJ's return. I kept seeing bullshit about how he wanted his story to be Todd Manning as Carly's new Jason (but one she could actually fuck, whee!) and Todd was supposed to be Carly's hero against AJ or some such fuckery... and while information at the site that came from is -- let's be kind and call it -- hit or miss, it wouldn't surprise me if that was Ron's brilliant idea because, God knows, that once Todd was ripped away from him (I will forever thank the Dark Abyssal Soap Lords for that one and virtually sacrifice virtual black goats in their name for that particular blessing) that's when AJ's whole storyline began to flounder.

And then he brought RoHo back as Franco (mind blisteringly stupid move, period) and it all became about white-washing the ever loving crap out of Franco (unsuccessfully) and then the various hijinks involved to make that character even attempt to stick... which is when AJ's story floundered further.

I mean, he's got an actual Quartermaine, not a made up one like Franco and Kiki were for all of three months, and he can't manage to come up with anything? AJ, the perennial underdog screw up of the Quartermaine clan... AJ who had actual relationships with people on the show, the endless push/pull relationship with his brother Jason (who was gone at the time and what better time to bring AJ back and re-establish him into the firmament?), the loads and loads of angsty crap between him and Carly and a chance to establish a relationship with his son, Michael. And Ron throws that all away because he can't use an interloper from another show who hadn't even been there for a year?!

And that's what I mean about his inability to adapt. Todd gets taken away... it's call get over it and write for who is there and who damn well matters to the show! I mean, you can see how well he handles this shit with Robin! I can only assume that the reason he's still got a job is because no one else wants the gig.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 15
Rosalie? I don't care about Coma!Child, but I do like the idea of Rosalie messing with Silas. They have such a loving relationship already. Hee

I'll admit if they wanted to swap out Kikaka as Silas' bio brat and give him Rosalie I'd be game, if only because I'd like to see how they explain her being Latina when both her parents are as Latin as the Olive Garden is Italian.

I still say a good Jason is NO Jason.

It can't be said enough, it just can't be said enough, I want this put on repeat.

I had enough of the characters in the 90s, I only liked him with Keesha and that mainly had everything to do with Keesha. It's bad enough Sonny and his clan of evil goblins still have such a choke hold on this stupid show, now Jason is right back in the same lead position as always. 

• Love 3
Hey, Patrick remembered that he has/had a wife!

I had to rewind it and listen to it again when Patrick laid into Jerry about what he did to Robin.

Random theory - incomplete brainwashing. That would certainly explain the inconsistent writing for Patrick.

Aw, who the hell am I kidding - it's just shitty writing. 

• Love 1

I think part of the problem with Jason's return is that, isn't this the fifth BFTD story Ron's done in two years? 

Faison, Franco, AJ, Robin… am I forgetting anyone else?

It dilutes all the power of a major return when he's the Oprah of resurrected loved ones. "And you're back from the dead!" "And you're back from the dead!"…. 

• Love 10
I think part of the problem with Jason's return is that, isn't this the fifth BFTD story Ron's done in two years?

Helena, Stavros, and Victor (was he dead?), Heather (or was she just locked up forever?).

• Love 1
It dilutes all the power of a major return when he's the Oprah of resurrected loved ones. "And you're back from the dead!" "And you're back from the dead!"….

How much longer until he decides to bring someone back as a zombie? He already decided to pull a "Twilight" so it'd just a natural progression really.

And I know this is a personal preference "me" problem but holy hell Rocco is just the worst baby name. It reminds me of how much I despised "Babe" from AMC.

• Love 5

Helena, Stavros, and Victor (was he dead?), Heather (or was she just locked up forever?).

Victor and Heather weren't dead.

Nina is also BFTD.  As was Peter Herrell Sr., I believe.

I can't math well, so that's actually nine? In two years? And we still have Ric waiting to be revealed, so ten...-ish?

Lawd, that's insane. How is Sam not even questioning that Jason could be alive? Liz should have rolled her eyes when she said Jason was "dead" today.

• Love 2

It remains a complete and utter mystery how Ron completely decimated AJ's return. I kept seeing bullshit about how he wanted his story to be Todd Manning as Carly's new Jason (but one she could actually fuck, whee!) and Todd was supposed to be Carly's hero against AJ or some such fuckery... and while information at the site that came from is -- let's be kind and call it -- hit or miss, it wouldn't surprise me if that was Ron's brilliant idea because, God knows, that once Todd was ripped away from him (I will forever thank the Dark Abyssal Soap Lords for that one and virtually sacrifice virtual black goats in their name for that particular blessing) that's when AJ's whole storyline began to flounder.

And then he brought RoHo back as Franco (mind blisteringly stupid move, period) and it all became about white-washing the ever loving crap out of Franco (unsuccessfully) and then the various hijinks involved to make that character even attempt to stick... which is when AJ's story floundered further.

I mean, he's got an actual Quartermaine, not a made up one like Franco and Kiki were for all of three months, and he can't manage to come up with anything? AJ, the perennial underdog screw up of the Quartermaine clan... AJ who had actual relationships with people on the show, the endless push/pull relationship with his brother Jason (who was gone at the time and what better time to bring AJ back and re-establish him into the firmament?), the loads and loads of angsty crap between him and Carly and a chance to establish a relationship with his son, Michael. And Ron throws that all away because he can't use an interloper from another show who hadn't even been there for a year?!

And that's what I mean about his inability to adapt. Todd gets taken away... it's call get over it and write for who is there and who damn well matters to the show! I mean, you can see how well he handles this shit with Robin! I can only assume that the reason he's still got a job is because no one else wants the gig.

I agree with everything you say, Dandesun, but also.... ZOMG A CAROL DANVERS AVI!!!!

I love her so much!!

(Sorry for the OT!)

Um... TFGH. Yeah, totally messed up.

• Love 1

So Magda today said that they couldn't convict her of murdering Nina since Nina's still alive.  Um...shouldn't the charge of ATTEMPTED murder still stand?  The stupid...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I agree with everything you say, Dandesun, but also.... ZOMG A CAROL DANVERS AVI!!!!

I love her so much!!

A Skottie Young Carol Danvers at that! So few people even know who she is... which is a travesty!! She needs her own damn movie!

I can't math well, so that's actually nine? In two years? And we still have Ric waiting to be revealed, so ten...-ish?

Lawd, that's insane.

And with AJ he did the whole back from the dead thing and THEN killed him off again! I mean... WTF?!

But yes, that's a lot of people he brought back from the dead. And I'm guessing FauxLuke will be yet another one if they ever get around to deciding who he is. I mean, there's a reason he's earned the name ReRon. There's never been a plot point he hasn't taken absolute delight in using over and over and over again... kidnappings, back from the dead... I mean for God's sake, Helena basically kidnapped Robin from her own kidnapping! (He did the same thing to Starr on OLTL) and when it gets to that point you have officially gone to that well too many times.

Dude, go find a random encounter table at any RPG site and come up with new plot points by rolling some virtual dice. It's not that hard!

• Love 5

So Magda today said that they couldn't convict her of murdering Nina since Nina's still alive. Um...shouldn't the charge of ATTEMPTED murder still stand? The stupid...

Ron is allergic to logic and consistency.

• Love 6

So Magda today said that they couldn't convict her of murdering Nina since Nina's still alive.  Um...shouldn't the charge of ATTEMPTED murder still stand?  The stupid...

I believe that the statue of limitations applies to attempted murder. Ron may have gotten that right.

• Love 1

It dilutes all the power of a major return when he's the Oprah of resurrected loved ones. "And you're back from the dead!" "And you're back from the dead!"

I'd count wee Danny as one too.  Also, does Julian count?  Didn't people think he was dead as well?

• Love 1

...Really? The stupid, it burns. If this were Sci-fi, I would have no problem believing there were shifts in the space time continuum or an alternate plane but this isn't Sci-fi .Asshat Ron needs to spend less time on twitter & check the continuity of the shit (I can't call it writing) they are putting on screen.Unless SamTrick have been in Amsterdam for weeks this time mix-up is crazy.

I guess Mac & Felecia are watching & taking care of Emma. Of course Danny's parents Molly & TJ are caring for him. I kid, I kid.....sorta 

• Love 4
A Skottie Young Carol Danvers at that! So few people even know who she is... which is a travesty!! She needs her own damn movie!

YES!! Love Young!!! I think he's a brilliant artist :) And hells to the YES does Carol Danvers need her own movie!!

And with AJ he did the whole back from the dead thing and THEN killed him off again! I mean... WTF?!

But yes, that's a lot of people he brought back from the dead. And I'm guessing FauxLuke will be yet another one if they ever get around to deciding who he is. I mean, there's a reason he's earned the name ReRon. There's never been a plot point he hasn't taken absolute delight in using over and over and over again... kidnappings, back from the dead... I mean for God's sake, Helena basically kidnapped Robin from her own kidnapping! (He did the same thing to Starr on OLTL) and when it gets to that point you have officially gone to that well too many times.

Dude, go find a random encounter table at any RPG site and come up with new plot points by rolling some virtual dice. It's not that hard!

Ugh, and as was pointed out… Julian and Danny… So I guess that's just an even eleventy-gabillion people that ReRon's resurrected. 

And you people think he's predictable and can't come up with original ideas…. *insert Lucille Bluth creepywink gif here*

Edited by WTActualF

So today, the doctor makes a big deal about 'all the reconstructive surgery I did on your face,' except the only thing I can see that might have been done was a nose job and maybe some chin work. But the chin looked fine when the bandages were removed. The only bruising I saw was on his forehead and nose. And in the previews for tomorrow, Liz looks positively astonished! So all this time, no one recognized Jason's eyes? Voice? Or did they reconstruct his larynx too?

• Love 2

Aside from the AJ reveal, the only other thing that I am waiting to see is the Dr.O.-Helena showdown. I do hope that RC will write it.

Helena needs to slit Dr. O's throat and then have one of her goons throw the body in a vat of acid.

• Love 2

And you people think he's predictable and can't come up with original ideas….

I'm not even kidding... I went to a Writers Plot Idea Generator and have been clicking the plot button several times. Up to 20 times and not once did the generator come up with a baby story or a kidnapping story.

It comes up with stuff like "A manipulative shop owner searches for an evil teacher." and things like "A sexy government clerk clashes with a beautiful cook. The story is brought to a close by an earthquake." I mean, the point is that it's random. But still, said randomizer hasn't come up with one plot surrounding baby hijinks or kidnappings within kidnappings.

• Love 5

I definitely missed last Wed-Fri, and possibly Tue too, and now I'm definitely lost.  Definitely.  

@Happyshooter

Maybe we will get lucky and some big wig at the FCC will see this fuckery and have the show's signal blocked or something.   Or at least fine ABC.   I mean, this is far more offensive than Janet Jackson's nipple as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

As overused as Jerry can be, I do love how he gives no fucks about anything except what he wants.

The plastic surgeon sounded like a real actor—so often the day players are more wooden than RP.

I love how Travis out and out said Nina freaked him out and he didn't want to get on her bad side.

Jakson's scruff is so perfect.

• Love 11

Lawd, that's insane. How is Sam not even questioning that Jason could be alive? Liz should have rolled her eyes when she said Jason was "dead" today.

That doesn't bother me. Once-Thought-Dead Anna believed both Robin & Duke were f'reals dead.

• Love 1

That doesn't bother me. Once-Thought-Dead Anna believed both Robin & Duke were f'reals dead.

It's Back-From-The-Dead-Inception!

The back from the dead stuff doesn't bug me, but I think successive BFTD stories in such a short period dilutes the power of the reveals. Thus far, it's been triangles, pregnancies, and zombie GH for Ron since he took over. 

Nina is so annoying. Can she ever take a day off. She is on everyday.

Look on the bright side, we're now six episodes Kiki-free!  Aaah, so refreshing!  

There are a lot of characters on this show I hate, but she really tops the list.

• Love 5

To be fair, there was a time when Guza gave departing characters nothing but violent, hard-to-reverse deaths (or at least, most of them--the ones people most usually wanted deader than dead, naturally, were brought back by him), so while bringing characters back from the dead may be becoming too ridiculous by now, there was a time when it didn't happen that often at all (admittedly, I wasn't watching back then, but I heard all about those hard to reverse deaths through other fans). 

I really want Morgan/Joss scenes as well. They're both so snarky.

Give me my Moss, damn it Ron. He also seems to be allergic to the fact that Morgan and Dante are brothers.

I was spoiled for Jerry, but I'm always up for a Sweet Sam reference. I liked her saying she'd put a bullet in his head. I miss BadAss Sam. And while Tracy was her usual hysterically loud shrieking self, I did love her "who gives a damn about Jason"? Preach, Tracy.

Liz is doing her incredibly annoying, whiny baby voice. Ugh, shut up, Lizzie.

As an English major, the thing that bothered me the most during this episode was Nina's misspelling in her emoticon-laden text. Her texts did make me laugh though.

I'm over Naxie already. Either fuck or go find something else to do. I'm bored.

Liesl's narcissism continues to amuse me. Everything's coming up Liesl for her.

• Love 5

This is the first time I've ever seen a writer connect newbies to other newbies. The entire Westbourne family is filled with fucking newbies. Why did psychotic Dr. Evil and her stupid daughter need a family? And why the hell is that Madeline Magda freak coming back? I doubt many people were begging to see more of her.

That is my main problem with GH right now.

• Love 1

Ron had the true AJ and tossed him to the curb, Sean, however looking at Billy, especially seeing his face unwrapped for the first time today I could actually buy him as AJ's son, the actors have I think the average age gap most soap players do, 11 or 12 years.

That would certainly have changed things up a bit, AJ's secret eldest son returned to pull an Inigo Montoya from "The Princess Bride" and avenge his father's death.

At this point watching Billy play Jakson so far I honestly could buy him as AJ Jr. far more than I can believe him to be Jason, in any shape or form or amnesic state.

Maxie and Nathan have had one date and you'd think they were just seconds from picking out wedding favours until the mean ol' judge interfered with their plans. Has Ron ever heard of something called "pacing"?

Ffs...if I ever had a chance of liking them, and I never did, but just for sake of argument if I did I certainly wouldn't now. Ron sucks the life and joy and fun out of everyone and everything.

Sebastian Roche is one of those people who if I even just brushed up against I would immediately go wash my hands, he just comes across to me as exceedingly gross. And having Mr. Craig turn into Jerry Jacks is one of those things that I just cannot.

• Love 3

Ryan P. is adorable.  I actually like his character but have no idea why he's so attached to Maxie.  This stupid judge cockblocking story isn't helping me to understand it either.  They look good together, though.

I also like Billy Miller but am not excited he's here.  Jason getting shot and unceremoniously kicked into the harbor was one of the best moments on this show in the last twenty years.  Jason as he was isn't necessary, and Jason as a reformed, repentant mob killer isn't either.  There are so many vets I'd rather see, but then Ron would probably just fuck them up even worse than he already has.

A sleuthing seething Silas is fun to watch, at least there's hope this will all help drive a welcome wedge between he and the leaping gazelle he calls his wife.

Now, that's not fair to gazelles.  They are graceful and beautiful while she's jerky and repulsive.  There's not one positive thing I can say about her.  I can't stand Kiki either, but at least she has nice hair.

• Love 5
Now, that's not fair to gazelles.  They are graceful and beautiful while she's jerky and repulsive.  There's not one positive thing I can say about her.  I can't stand Kiki either, but at least she has nice hair.

Is it because of Nina's Tigger-ish qualities that she gets the gazelle comparison? Also, Kaka should have nice hair. Her melon-sized head is fertile ground for a fuckton of it.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3

Is it because of Nina's Tigger-ish qualities that she gets the gazelle comparison? Also, Kaka should have nice hair. Her melon-sized head is fertile ground for a fuckton of it.

Dunno why she gets that comparison.  I liken her to some kind of hideous alien/insect hybrid. /mean

• Love 1