Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought it was sweet how excited Kim was about the anniversary, though. That was very mom-ish.

Eh, I miss the Kim who thought Sonny and co. were garbage and was looking forward to Oscar's relationship with Joss fizzling out in due time.

35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And I guess I'm surprised that it actually was Ryan locked up until today.  I figured he was out and about and that's why "Kevin" was acting so weird.  But, no, he was acting weird because he was hiding his psychotic, murdering, presume-to-be-dead brother.  That can weigh on a person...

Thinking about it some more, that was actually kinda smart on Ryan's part.  Because now that the switch has happened, Kevin's pleas that he's really Kevin will fall on deaf ears because Ryan's been pulling that one for a while.

But here's my question - just how long has Kevin had Ryan in there?  Since the night he "died" at the carnival?  Because that...doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, especially since we know there was a big chunk of time there when he wasn't even living in Port Charles, he and Lucy were off in Europe or Seattle or something.

In other news, Gordy the orderly's kinda cute.  He should bump into Kiki or Valerie or, hell, an on-the-rebound Lucas down the line.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Eh, I miss the Kim who thought Sonny and co. were garbage and was looking forward to Oscar's relationship with Joss fizzling out in due time.

Thinking about it some more, that was actually kinda smart on Ryan's part.  Because now that the switch has happened, Kevin's pleas that he's really Kevin will fall on deaf ears because Ryan's been pulling that one for a while.

But here's my question - just how long has Kevin had Ryan in there?  Since the night he "died" at the carnival?  Because that...doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, especially since we know there was a big chunk of time there when he wasn't even living in Port Charles, he and Lucy were off in Europe or Seattle or something.

In other news, Gordy the orderly's kinda cute.  He should bump into Kiki or Valerie or, hell, an on-the-rebound Lucas down the line.

I know this is the first day of the switch but there are lots of so-far unanswered questions that I fear will stay unanswered and we as the audience are going to have to fill in the blanks ourselves. How did Ryan survive the funhouse fire and how did Kevin save him and get him medical help for his injuries? If Kevin has had Ryan for that long why did he put Ryan in a facility in Port Charles and not another state? Has Kevin been picking up shifts at Ferncliff for years to keep an eye on his brother and if so, how has no one there noticed? With how easily Carly was able to escape there twice wasn't Kevin worried that Ryan could get out and go after Felicia, Mac, Lucy, etc? But on the other hand, if Ryan has only been in Ferncliff/Port Charles for a few months or a few years, where has he been since the fire? Who had him if not Kevin?

38 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I know that when i had my serial killer/identical twin secretly stashed in my psychiatric hospital it was EXHAUSTING. The next time she comes back from the dead, she is on her own...I'm out.

What a bitch.

• Love 3

The Kevin/Ryan/Mac/Felicia flashbacks absolutely made my day. I’m just sorry I didn’t save the episode on my DVR to use as a palate cleanser if/when Carly eats this story and Jason saves the day. Thank God for YouTube!

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How did Ryan survive the funhouse fire and how did Kevin save him and get him medical help for his injuries? If Kevin has had Ryan for that long why did he put Ryan in a facility in Port Charles and not another state? Has Kevin been picking up shifts at Ferncliff for years to keep an eye on his brother and if so, how has no one there noticed?

My question is how long Kevin has had Ryan locked up, and if he couldn't cure Ryan in 25 years, what makes him think he can do so in the next few months while this story runs?

• Love 3

Oh Kevin. This isn't going to end well with you.

I was amused at how unrepentant Ryan was about being a serial killer. Sadly I was disappointed that Kevin thought what is going on with Franco is proof that a serial killer can be redeemed if he confronts his trauma as a child.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Oh Kevin. This isn't going to end well with you.

I was amused at how unrepentant Ryan was about being a serial killer. Sadly I was disappointed that Kevin thought what is going on with Franco is proof that a serial killer can be redeemed if he confronts his trauma as a child.

So we aren't supposed to blame Franco's crimes on the tumor but his out-of-nowhere sexual molestation as a child?

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My question is how long Kevin has had Ryan locked up, and if he couldn't cure Ryan in 25 years, what makes him think he can do so in the next few months while this story runs?

I don't presume that the writers know any of this, either, or why Kevin wants to cure Ryan. Is it still misplaced guilt that their mother went after Ryan and not him?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Mike needs to be in a facility that specializes in Alzheimer's and can handle him. Sonny hiring random GH nurses is not that facility. His ego and guilt are keeping Mike in a place that is not helping him, no matter how lovingly meant.

Thank you. It's horrible, because a lot of people don't get it. I'm absolutely not referring to the person to whom you were responding. But there are people who say things like "I could never do that to my parent," about care facilities for demented people who are reaching the point of not even be able to get to the toilet on time. Invariably, these are people whose parents (one or both of them) have been spared what Mike is going through. It's very easy for someone else, whose parents' medical problems of aging (if any) might be on the order of needing a joint replacement but still being mentally very sharp, to get sanctimonious. But there comes a time -- and as written, Mike is either at or nearing it -- when no matter how well off you are or how much room you have, non-skilled care is past the point of viability.    

PSA: Please, board. If you have any friends with parents who have Alzheimer's disease, be nice and supportive. Don't tell them about your 95-year-old grandfather or whatever who still drives and does his own grocery shopping. Not relevant. Not helpful.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

We're supposed to think that it is love for Mike that is the reason Sonny keeps Mike at home.

I don't even think it's love.  I think it's "you didn't give me a proper childhoood relationship, so you're going to give me one now, whether you know it or not"

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The logical story (as logical as this show can get) would be to have Ryan in a coma, from his injuries all those years ago, and having come out of the coma recently, where Kevin has decided to try and rehabilitate him.  

12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Obviously, Jason gave Oscar a seizure after the bike ride.

They hadn't gone on the bike ride yet.  Jason offered to drive him home.  Oscar said don't tell my mom, then immediately had the seizure.  Felix was allegedly in the house at this point, so why didn't Jason call out to him for help, since, you know, Felix is a nurse.  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I don't even think it's love.  I think it's "you didn't give me a proper childhoood relationship, so you're going to give me one now, whether you know it or not"

The logical story (as logical as this show can get) would be to have Ryan in a coma, from his injuries all those years ago, and having come out of the coma recently, where Kevin has decided to try and rehabilitate him.  

They hadn't gone on the bike ride yet.  Jason offered to drive him home.  Oscar said don't tell my mom, then immediately had the seizure.  Felix was allegedly in the house at this point, so why didn't Jason call out to him for help, since, you know, Felix is a nurse.  

Actually, I was only kidding. I guess my Jason <sarcasm> knock wasn't clear enough. LOL!!!

10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Actually, I was only kidding. I guess my Jason <sarcasm> knock wasn't clear enough.

My bad!!!

Though I would love to see Drew tear a strip off of Jason for endangering his son's life, but you know what will happen, if Drew is allwed anywhere near this, is that Drew will thank the holy one for saving Oscar's life.  

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Perkie said:

That's 100% what they should say - Kevin stashed Ryan in a long-term care facility, Ryan recently woke up from his coma, and Kevin - inspired (gag) by his "success" with Franco - decides to take another crack at rehabilitating Ryan.

In other news, you may have notice I didn't comment on the Lucas/Brad storyline because I hate it.  And I can't help noticing now what someone noted on Twitter - we never see Lucas and Brad just the two of them, being fathers to that baby.  They're always split up or there's other people around, it's very retrograde.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

never see Lucas and Brad just the two of them, being fathers to that baby.

I get what you're saying, and I agree, but at the same time, when was the last time we saw Maxie being a mother to James.  Heck, when was the last time we physically saw James.  Soap characters rarely just interact with their kids when they're that young.  

• Love 1

I mean more that they never have scenes just the two of them, as a couple.  We'll have episodes with scenes of just Sonny with Carly, just Sam with Jason, etc., but it feels like Lucas and Brad are always split up or someone else is there, i.e. Sam bursting in like ten seconds after Brad introduced Lucas to their "baby". 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I think it's "you didn't give me a proper childhoood relationship, so you're going to give me one now, whether you know it or not"

Sonny said as much: "The pressure is off," i.e., Mike's illness gives Sonny leave to cut him slack and try to forge some sort of less fraught relationship in the time they have left. It's so selfish of Sonny, as well as being kind of gross. Carly is not helping here, though at least she suggested Sonny talk to Jason. I totally rolled my eyes there—of COURSE Jason the all-knowing has the answers—but she's right that Jason will be honest with Sonny. And he is a better person to persuade Sonny to put Mike in a facility.  

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean more that they never have scenes just the two of them, as a couple.

Silly @TeeVee329, expecting a story about Brad and Lucas to be about Brad and Lucas!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's 100% what they should say - Kevin stashed Ryan in a long-term care facility, Ryan recently woke up from his coma, and Kevin - inspired (gag) by his "success" with Franco - decides to take another crack at rehabilitating Ryan.

I am so blaming Franco for every bit of suffering Ryan inflicts.

• Love 1

Wow, I never found Jon Lindstrom attractive when I was a kid and frankly felt bad for Lucy, being saddled with a cold fish. But he was HOT in those flashbacks, particularly as Ryan! /fans self

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is there a reason for these reruns?

My guess? Low ratings, which means, little money, which means saving money, which means reduced airings. As it is, the show doesn't air around Christmas and New Year's, so now add Labor Day Weekend to the mix.

• Love 4

Why can't these reruns be Ryan & Kevin focused? The flashbacks have whetted appetites, so that would have been smart, right? 

(Okay, sue me, I want to see Ryan strangle literally-too-stupid-to-live Nurse Whatsit and bury her in his own prison grave again. That may have been my most favorite Ryan moment ever.)

• Love 6

Probably they don't want to pay residuals. Especially if they also have to pay residuals to the actors who used to be on contract but are now recurring.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It does seem strange to me that they would schedule these reruns all in a row, rather than spreading them out, like maybe once a week or so.  Show runners should know by now that when viewers take an extended break from a soap, they often don’t return. (See: OJ trial) Why would they want to facilitate such a change in habits?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is there a reason for these reruns?

Apparently when they were contracting number of episodes they anticipated more pre-emptions, based on the number of times they were pre-empted last year.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Apparently when they were contracting number of episodes they anticipated more pre-emptions, based on the number of times they were pre-empted last year.

Which makes no sense because the other soaps don't seem to have this situation coming up, do they? And besides, last year didn't they just put the preempted episodes online and not push everything back a day?

14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Which makes no sense because the other soaps don't seem to have this situation coming up, do they? And besides, last year didn't they just put the preempted episodes online and not push everything back a day?

I'm just telling you what their official statement said.  

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Stupid, but I can see it.  Watch there be a whole whack of pre-emptions over the next four months.

So, if Ryan is about to go free, and he's a serial killer, does that mean we're going to get a serial killer storyline?  I have a list of people I'd like killed off, but I'm going to assume that none of them will bite the dust.  However, as awful as this is going to sound, I could see this as a way of wrapping up the Mike storyline. My aunt had Alzheimer's, and I doubt the show is really going to show Mike's complete decline.  And you know Mike's death will happen during sweeps - so either this Fall or next Spring.  If this is supposed to get MB his Emmy (please, no!), it would have to be this Fall, wouldn't it?

Carly said that Oscar came to look at the pictures from the dance for his video ... and then came back into the room with three huge phot albums.  Just how may pictures of her kid did Carly take?

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Were they counting on Mueller?

• Love 4

There is someone on Twitter that did a quick Google search to find out that one of the most common and first symptoms of early-onset Huntington's in juveniles is non-epileptic seizures. Didn't Kim have a devastating update to provide sometime next week? Could Oscar be Faison's son? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

There is someone on Twitter that did a quick Google search to find out that one of the most common and first symptoms of early-onset Huntington's in juveniles is non-epileptic seizures. Didn't Kim have a devastating update to provide sometime next week? Could Oscar be Faison's son? 

Good Lord! First Nathan, then Peter, and possibly Oscar? What did Faison do to deserve such children?

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Good Lord! First Nathan, then Peter, and possibly Oscar? What did Faison do to deserve such children?

I'll gladly give Faison or Peter Oscar as a son to free Drew, and we can trade him for Nathan. Make Nathan someone else's kid. 

14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

That would be the most idiotic recon ever.  So it'll probably be true.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If you want idiotic retcons, you have to watch Days.  GH actually makes some sense in comparison.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No. They'll make it so Jason and Drew are Faison's sons and not Alan's. That would make Oscar the grandson and piss all over the Quartermaines. That will happen. 

• Love 2

I was joking around before. Never say never with this show but I'm 99.999999 percent sure Oscar (nor Jason or Drew) is not Faison's son.

Edited by ulkis
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Meanwhile, Faison's best child is still behind bars.

Bitch can rot

19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was joking around before. Never say never with this show but I'm 99.999999 percent sure Oscar (nor Jason or Drew) is Faison's son.

Word? I always felt Kim's arrival was suspicious given the Jason/Drew conspiracy tbh but let's pretend I only watch clips these days and don't bother with most of the show and I'd like to know more. And then let's stop pretending because that's exactly what I fuckin do

Also: I was real impressed they showed so many clips of the original Ryan/Felicia story. It makes sense for Kevin to find out Ryan was alive (realistically, not that long ago) and hide him away again in hopes of treating him. I'm sure the story will go to shit shortly with Franco or something, but I like the concept and setup.

tbh it'd be interesting if you brought in some true crime whiz kid who turns out to be his evil child, but I guess they literally just did this story with Faison and it sucked so nevermind

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

tbh it'd be interesting if you brought in some true crime whiz kid who turns out to be his evil child, but I guess they literally just did this story with Faison and it sucked so nevermind

Hey, Spinelli has never had his paternity retconned yet!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hey, Spinelli has never had his paternity retconned yet!

Damien Spinelli?

I always thought they would have made him Damien Smith's if only because the show gave him the same first name.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, LexieLily said:

I'm still holding onto "Sonny, Carly, and Jason go back in time, thanks to Spinelli, and are the ones who saved Port Charles from Mikkos Cassadine".

13 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No. They'll make it so Jason and Drew are Faison's sons and not Alan's. That would make Oscar the grandson and piss all over the Quartermaines. That will happen. 

Sonny is the True Cassadine Heir. His father isn't Mike; it's Mikkos.

Oh, and Sonny has a claim to the Quartermaine empire, somehow.

• Love 3